PDA

View Full Version : How Long Before Marshall Screws up?

WARHORSE
04-14-2010, 09:24 AM
With money in his pocket and a new wife in the new town of Miami........

How long before theres an incident that gets BM suspended?

Northman
04-14-2010, 09:26 AM
This year easily.

UnderArmour
04-14-2010, 09:27 AM
Never. He doesn't screw up and McDaniels looks like a complete idiot.

CoachChaz
04-14-2010, 09:33 AM
Even if he doesnt screw up, I'll be interested to what kind of production they get from him. Right off the bat...he can forget about 100 receptions

turftoad
04-14-2010, 09:36 AM
Bah..... the regime he's with now has more experience and knows how to work with players. I just don't see it happening.

McD is to immature, inexperienced and has to much ego to know how to or want to work with players.

CoachChaz
04-14-2010, 09:40 AM
Bah..... the regime he's with now has more experience and knows how to work with players. I just don't see it happening.

McD is to immature, inexperienced and has to much ego to know how to or want to work with players.

I dont think an organizations ability to work with players has anything to do with the players acting like idiots off the field

JONtheBRONCO
04-14-2010, 09:41 AM
He probably won't get himself into too much trouble... Thats my guess. But i'd rather not worry about... And I'd rather have someone else who actually wants to be a Bronco to be a Bronco not because they want a large chunk of cash, "or else." Works out great.

GEM
04-14-2010, 09:44 AM
He's in Miami....this season for sure. :lol:

scott.475
04-14-2010, 09:44 AM
Brandon Marshall in Miami after signing a huge contract? Yes, that has fun written all over it.

I will be very surprised if he remains as productive as in the past. Even if he had stayed I would have been surprised. Brandon is all about Brandon and just came across as a guy playing for a big contract, not really playing for his team. I am willing to be proven wrong, but will be surprised if I am.

Mike
04-14-2010, 09:46 AM
I think he will pay off for Miami and has learned from his time in Denver. But I wouldn't be willing to risk making him the highest paid WR in the league on it.

SOCALORADO.
04-14-2010, 09:48 AM
By 5 pm eastern time.......today.

broncofaninfla
04-14-2010, 09:49 AM
Parcells has the people skills Mcd lacks. He has a proven track record of keeping troubled players in line. One of the most respected minds in pro football history just traded for Marshall, I'm sure he did his homework.

Northman
04-14-2010, 09:55 AM
Parcells has the people skills Mcd lacks. He has a proven track record of keeping troubled players in line. One of the most respected minds in pro football history just traded for Marshall, I'm sure he did his homework.

Hmm, didnt work out for him with Terrell Owens. :lol:

BigBroncLove
04-14-2010, 10:00 AM
When he wasn't playing/preparing for football in Denver, he was usually in Florida. He played his college ball there and I believe spends most of his off season time there. You have to wonder if that will be good or bad for him?

Ravage!!!
04-14-2010, 10:02 AM
Even if he doesnt screw up, I'll be interested to what kind of production they get from him. Right off the bat...he can forget about 100 receptions

Yeah.. but is that really whats important to him? I do n't th ink it is. I think winning is important.

Marshall makes the WRs around him better. His presence is going to improve the other WRs in Miami... just as Fitz improved Breaston and Moss makes Welker better.

Chad Henne has to be one of the happiest guys today.

Ravage!!!
04-14-2010, 10:03 AM

Really?:confused: I don't remember Owens getting into trouble

Ravage!!!
04-14-2010, 10:04 AM
I don't think Marshall gets into trouble.

BroncoWave
04-14-2010, 10:28 AM

Parcells had nothing to do with getting Owens to be fair. That was all Jerry Jones and Parcells was against it from the start.

MileHighCrew
04-14-2010, 10:30 AM
I think McD will find a way to get rid of another cornerstone player from the Shanny era before Marshall gets into trouble on Southbeach.

Ravage!!!
04-14-2010, 10:34 AM
I think McD will find a way to get rid of another cornerstone player from the Shanny era before Marshall gets into trouble on Southbeach.

I'm betting Scheff is gone before the season starts.

CoachChaz
04-14-2010, 10:38 AM
Parcells had nothing to do with getting Owens to be fair. That was all Jerry Jones and Parcells was against it from the start.

According to recent reports...Jones only hired Parcells so he could get money for the stadium anyway

claymore
04-14-2010, 10:38 AM

Hopefully we can trade Clady soom before he hurts our team further.

UnderArmour
04-14-2010, 10:43 AM
At least we still have Tony Scheffler.

MileHighCrew
04-14-2010, 10:47 AM
Hopefully we can trade Clady soom before he hurts our team further.

You could use the same arguement about Clady as Cutler and Marshall. We haven't won with him. His numbers were off last year from the pervious year. Total crap, Clady, Cutler and Marshall all should have ended up in the ring of fame.
I'm not crying over spilt milk but I really believe they should have been Broncos for life

Broncolingus
04-14-2010, 10:56 AM
I agree Parcells is good with players, but it was sure bad between him and Owens...

...interesting to see how he does with BM.

Italianmobstr7
04-14-2010, 10:56 AM
Marshall will be staying out of trouble. He's been out of trouble for a while now. People just don't know how to let stuff from the past go...

Northman
04-14-2010, 11:25 AM
Marshall will be staying out of trouble. He's been out of trouble for a while now. People just don't know how to let stuff from the past go...

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Um ok.

CoachChaz
04-14-2010, 11:31 AM
Really?:confused: I don't remember Owens getting into trouble

No...but has there ever been a bigger locker room cancer? I think the most curious thing for me to see is how Marshall reacts when he only gets 70 receptions this year. or how fans react if he catches 100 for an 11 yard average and Miami finishes 8-8

WARHORSE
04-14-2010, 11:35 AM

Right.

He'll call Brandon "The Player".

WARHORSE
04-14-2010, 11:37 AM
I don't think Marshall gets into trouble.

And what makes you say that?

His pristine record of behavior or the Miami landscape of neighborhood goodwill?

I can hear the soundtrack to Miami Vice playin in BMs new Rolls now......

arapaho2
04-14-2010, 11:44 AM
my question is how soon after our offense becomes a model of ineptness

do all the marshall/cutler haters start blaming the coach

CoachChaz
04-14-2010, 11:44 AM
Right.

He'll call Brandon "The Player".

Or "she"

When the hell did Parcells suddenly become a players coach that handled personnel so well?

Did I miss something?

#1dolphinfan
04-14-2010, 11:47 AM
I hope he doesnt screw up

Edmonton Bronco Fan
04-14-2010, 11:53 AM
The better question is - How long until the Broncos regret this trade?

Seems that some people are wanting and even hoping for Marshall to fail. Sad.

Northman
04-14-2010, 12:18 PM

If i promise to start bashing McD will you leave this board for good?

WARHORSE
04-14-2010, 12:18 PM

Yup.

I figure by training camp he'll be knockin over the water cooler and yellin at the ball boys and facility cooks.

Northman
04-14-2010, 12:19 PM

Why? He's no longer a Bronco and a POS human being to boot. Why wouldnt i want him to fail? :lol:

WARHORSE
04-14-2010, 12:21 PM

Um.....ok.

How long till we regret trading away the cancer?

Whats SAD is people thinking we need the Holmes, Marshalls and Porters on our 'team'.

May as well bring in the kingpin T.O. to lead the charge.

shank
04-14-2010, 12:24 PM

i'm not afraid to admit that i'm spiteful. if he fails it means this was a good move, so yes, that gets my vote.

silkamilkamonico
04-14-2010, 12:37 PM

Playoffs, or bust.

Who were you blaming when Marshall/Cutler/Shanahan weren't making the playoffs?

silkamilkamonico
04-14-2010, 12:38 PM
Whats SAD is people thinking we need the Holmes, Marshalls and Porters on our 'team'.

Those people like watching talent. Unfortunetly it's obvious they could care less about actually winning.

HORSEPOWER 56
04-14-2010, 12:45 PM
It will be long enough for us to miss him... wait in that case, is there an option for week one of the season?

GEM
04-14-2010, 12:53 PM
I don't think it's anyone looking forward to Marshall effing up again....it's a pattern with the guy. Especially down in that environment. He was there in college and did the same. I don't think anyone wants him to fail, it's more of an expectation that his behavior will remain the same.

If he gets his ish together, good for him, maybe his wife won't get her ass kicked, which is good for all parties involved. I just don't think having that much money in his pocket in that party town is going to do him much good. :shrugs:

weazel
04-14-2010, 12:58 PM
Never. He doesn't screw up and McDaniels looks like a complete idiot.

McD is an idiot because he wouldn't pay a receiver 12 million a season?

I'm glad you're not running things in Denver.

Poet
04-14-2010, 01:40 PM
Yeah.. but is that really whats important to him? I do n't th ink it is. I think winning is important.

Marshall makes the WRs around him better. His presence is going to improve the other WRs in Miami... just as Fitz improved Breaston and Moss makes Welker better.

Chad Henne has to be one of the happiest guys today.

Oh come on man...

HORSEPOWER 56
04-14-2010, 01:44 PM
Playoffs, or bust.

Who were you blaming when Marshall/Cutler/Shanahan weren't making the playoffs?

Marshall/Cutler/Shanahan and of course Slowik...

dogfish
04-14-2010, 01:55 PM
with all the tough questions this whole process has raised, this one is a straight fast ball hung right directly over the plate. . .

How Long Before Marshall Screws up?

easy answer: WHO THE **** CARES??!

not our problem any more. . . .

and that's by far and away the best part of this. . . i have very mixed feelings about this whole deal, but one thing that's crystal clear is that i won't miss all the headaches, distractions, debates, arguments and other sorts of conflict. . . the acrobatic one-handed grabs and beastly open field runs? i miss those already-- but the other stuff, not so much. . .

i'll wish the guy well because i'm not typically vindictive by nature, but ultimately i really don't care what happens with him in miami. . .

broncobryce
04-14-2010, 02:01 PM

By 'the past' do you mean the last game of the season when Brandon got his ass benched?

silkamilkamonico
04-14-2010, 02:03 PM
Marshall/Cutler/Shanahan and of course Slowik...

Slowik had no business being an NFL defensive coordinator. For that I blame Shanahan....twice.

D1g1tal j1m
04-14-2010, 03:16 PM
Miami can now release their punter because Marshall showed that he can punt it during mini camp.

BigBroncLove
04-14-2010, 03:45 PM
i'll wish the guy well because i'm not typically vindictive by nature, but ultimately i really don't care what happens with him in miami. . .

I have to admit, I hope Marshall sucks it up in Miami big time (if not a suspension).... The more Marshall sucks or can't play the better the chance the second round pick next year will be higher. :D

Dreadnought
04-14-2010, 05:07 PM
He's in Miami....this season for sure. :lol:

Agreed. I already have a mental picture of the Miami-Dade cops and DA putting in for some overtime.

Bosco
04-14-2010, 05:37 PM
By 'the past' do you mean the last game of the season when Brandon got his ass benched?

Or how about his arrest in Atlanta barely a year ago? I mean good God, I like Brandon and think he's basically a good person, but you can damn near set your watch by his offseason arrests.

Northman
04-14-2010, 05:52 PM
Well, he is just a hop, skip, and a jump from Atlanta now so the temptation will be there for him to align himself with the devil again.

nevcraw
04-14-2010, 06:47 PM
How quickly will he help Miami win games with tough catches and making AFC east CB's look silly - immediately.

weazel
04-14-2010, 07:36 PM
Miami can now release their punter because Marshall showed that he can punt it during mini camp.

Miami women can also stop buying eye shadow, blush and lip enhancement... Marshall can do all that for them "naturally"

HORSEPOWER 56
04-14-2010, 07:38 PM
with all the tough questions this whole process has raised, this one is a straight fast ball hung right directly over the plate. . .

easy answer: WHO THE **** CARES??!

not our problem any more. . . .

and that's by far and away the best part of this. . . i have very mixed feelings about this whole deal, but one thing that's crystal clear is that i won't miss all the headaches, distractions, debates, arguments and other sorts of conflict. . . the acrobatic one-handed grabs and beastly open field runs? i miss those already-- but the other stuff, not so much. . .

Yeah but every time Miami wins a game on a big play/game by Marshall and every time we lose one because our passing game is even more anemic this year, the arguments and calls for McDaniels' head will start all over again. C'mon buddy, you know how this works. We're 13 months gone from the Cutler trade and he still comes up in almost EVERY thread. Marshall's headaches are just starting for these MBs.

Superchop 7
04-14-2010, 08:02 PM
Not long, this is a recipe for disaster

dogfish
04-14-2010, 08:09 PM
Yeah but every time Miami wins a game on a big play/game by Marshall and every time we lose one because our passing game is even more anemic this year, the arguments and calls for McDaniels' head will start all over again. C'mon buddy, you know how this works. We're 13 months gone from the Cutler trade and he still comes up in almost EVERY thread. Marshall's headaches are just starting for these MBs.

yea, but in all honesty i care way more about what happens to the broncos ON THE FIELD than any discussions we have about 'em here. . .

there's nothing rav or JR or anyone else can say here that would bother me like, say, losing marshall to an eight-game suspension would have. . . i was honestly REALLY split in my views on this issue, and short of him turning into a boy scout and putting together a HOF career while leading us to multiple titles, i don't know that there could have been any resolution that i would've called completely satisfactory. . .

i'm not happy to lose his talent from the team, but i AM happy to be done with the headaches. . . keeping him was a HUGE risk/reward proposition-- one where we could have potentially come away with nothing if the guy has another incident or two. . .

at least this way there's some closure, and we know for a fact that we came away with some pretty decent value. . . of course there's no guarantee that mcxanders won't just burn up the picks like they did with too many of them last year, and even if we got a blue-chipper like bradford or suh there's never any guarantee they'll turn out. . . still, this year's projected second round is absolutely loaded with quality talent that's going to come in and play cheap, and that 20-50 range looks like it's going to be packed with guys we could use in the worst way. . .

it's always bittersweet getting picks for proven talent, and i won't deny that the guys saying we'll have no offense next year could very well prove to be accurate. . . but all things considered, i can live with the way it's worked out. . . i would've rather kept him, but the writing's been on the wall for a while-- there were just too many factors stacked against it. . .

hey, at least we didn't give him away for deion branch, right? i know you were trippin' on that. . . . :lol: