PDA

View Full Version : 4 days to go.....Your top 4 if we draft @12th overall?

BOSSHOGG30
04-22-2008, 09:44 AM
The draft is approaching......Who is your top 4 right now?

Try to put guys that could or should be there at 12. This is if we stay at 12 guys. No trading up, no trading down.

Mine:
1) RB Stewart
2) OT Williams
3) RB Mendenhall
4) OT Otah / OL Alberts

NightTrainLayne
04-22-2008, 09:52 AM
The draft is approaching......Who is your top 4 right now?

Try to put guys that could or should be there at 12. This is if we stay at 12 guys. No trading up, no trading down.

Mine:
1) RB Stewart
2) OT Williams
3) RB Mendenhall
4) OT Otah

I'd just re-arrange your's a little:

1) OT Williams
2) RB Stewart
3) RB Mendenhall
4) OT Otah

I'm no draft expert, and don't spend a lot of time sweating out these details because it's all academic until the team selects whoever they do.

turftoad
04-22-2008, 09:55 AM
Williams
Mendenhall
Stewart
Otah

Flatinum
04-22-2008, 09:55 AM
1. Williams
2. Otah
3. Stewart or Mendenhall
4. Albert

Ziggy
04-22-2008, 09:56 AM
1. Williams
2. Stewart
3. Mendenhall
4. Albert

Mike
04-22-2008, 09:56 AM
Williams
Mendenhall
Stewart
Otah

:salute:

MOtorboat
04-22-2008, 10:10 AM
Apparently Boss has beaten out the Clady love around here...

1. Clady
2. Williams
3. Otah
4. Mendenhall

tubby
04-22-2008, 10:10 AM
Ellis
Williams
Otah
Rivers

omac
04-22-2008, 10:12 AM
Williams
Clady (I think KC will go DT)
Otah
Balmer

nevcraw
04-22-2008, 10:53 AM
Albert
Stuart or Menthol (for fresh breath)
Williams
Clady

Fan in Exile
04-22-2008, 10:53 AM
Albert (I think that we will need a starter somewhere on the O-line this year but without knowing where I favor the most versatile guy.)
Williams
Stewart
Mendenhall

underrated29
04-22-2008, 10:59 AM
I THINK albert goes top 10

anyway

stewart
williams
mendenhall
rivers ( i think he goes to the pats though)

MHCBill
04-22-2008, 11:12 AM
stewart
stewart's dad
stewart's mom
stewart's jock strap

BOSSHOGG30
04-22-2008, 11:14 AM
stewart
stewart's dad
stewart's mom
stewart's jock strap

lol... I was thinking you would jump on here and type Stewart 4 times, but that was funny there.

Buff
04-22-2008, 11:46 AM
1.) Ryan Clady
1A.) Chris Williams
3.) Brandon Albert
4.) Leodis McKelvin

... The more I've thought about it and looked at Stewart and Mendenhall, the more I hope we don't take a RB in the 1st round... Especially a perenially injured guy like Stewart.

JONtheBRONCO
04-22-2008, 11:48 AM
I'm not telling...

JONtheBRONCO
04-22-2008, 11:59 AM
Good read here... i'd have to almost agree with this order below...

Chargers put Broncos in their place
Blowouts by San Diego reveal what Denver needs to do on draft day in order to win the AFC West.
By Mike Klis
The Denver Post

This offseason began with the Broncos trailing by 58.

And it could have been worse. The fans left early when the Broncos were trounced 41-3 by San Diego in their first meeting in Denver, and the Chargers pulled their mouthy starters early while coasting to a 23-3 win in the second meeting.
The combined 2007 score between the first- and second-place teams in the AFC West: 64-6.

The Chargers aren't just playing in a different time zone. As the Broncos make final preparations for the NFL draft on Saturday, the Chargers appear to be in a different league. Stopping the run was the Broncos' primary focus this offseason, but a gap this large suggests problems are too scattered to be pinpointed.

"Anybody who plays San Diego, your offensive line better be pretty good," Broncos coach Mike Shanahan said recently, "or else you're in for a long day. They have arguably the best front seven in the National Football League."
Thus, protecting quarterback Jay Cutler becomes Broncos' priority No. 1.
With Ted Sundquist ousted as general manager, the Broncos will rely on the Goodmans — Jim and his son Jeff — to take control of the draft. As usual, Shanahan has the final say.

"Jim is on the road all year," Shana- han said. "He knows every player in the draft. He can talk about it thoroughly. He just keeps on getting better. (Jeff's) done an unbelievable job since he's been here studying film and evaluating players."
Come draft day, the Goodmans will look at the players they ranked on their board while keeping an eye on positions of need. A breakdown:

Offensive tackle: The Goodmans know their line has improved with the return of veteran center Tom Nalen and left guard Ben Hamilton from injuries. There is some concern at tackle, where LT Matt Lepsis retired and Erik Pears is an overachieving, undrafted free agent from Colorado State on the right.
The Broncos took Ryan Harris in the third round a year ago, but he missed considerable time because of back surgery during training camp.

Chris Kuper, who started in place of Hamilton at left guard last season, will be given a chance to compete at left and right tackle, but the Broncos are expected to select one more Saturday, either with their No. 12 overall pick in the first round or No. 42 overall in the second round.

Defensive tackle: The Broncos will try to make a second-day draft trade with the New York Jets for veteran defensive tackle Dewayne Robertson. But there is a desire to add one more interior lineman to team with Marcus Thomas, who started five games as a rookie last season.
To get their defensive tackle on Saturday, the Broncos could have three options. One, hope USC's Sedrick Ellis slides to within trading-up distance of No. 12, which might cost the Broncos to pair a first-round pick this year with one of their top picks in next year's draft. Two, trade down to pick up North Carolina's Kentwan Balmer. Or, three, wait until the second round before selecting a defensive tackle such as Trevor Laws (Notre Dame), Dre Moore (Maryland) or Pat Sims (Auburn).

Safety: John Lynch almost retired this year, so his 16th season will undoubtedly be his last. Hamza Abdullah will enter his free-agent year with only eight career starts. If they can slip back in the first round, but not too far back, the Broncos will consider Miami's Kenny Phillips. A second-round possibility is Oklahoma's Reggie Smith.

Middle linebacker: Niko Koutouvides is unproven as a starter. If Jerod Mayo (Tennessee), Dan Connor (Penn State) or Curtis Lofton (Oklahoma) slide to the second round, there may be discussion at Dove Valley about grabbing a middle linebacker.

Running back: The Broncos love Oregon's Jonathan Stewart and they had Illinois' Rashard Mendenhall in for a visit last week. It would be a significant veer from their draft tendencies, though, if the Broncos took a running back in the first round. Besides, the Broncos already have one of the league's best running back evaluators in Bobby Turner. Why waste his talent on a back anyone can pick?

Special teams: At his end-of-season news conference, Shanahan dodged all questions regarding need positions except one: "We definitely need a returner," he said. There is usually a run on returners in the second round. The Broncos also may take a punter and kicker with one of their extra picks in the fourth, fifth and seventh rounds.

MOtorboat
04-22-2008, 11:59 AM
Jordan Dizon
Danny Woodhead
Matt Forte
Xavier Omon.

I think that about sums it up...

Requiem / The Dagda
04-22-2008, 12:08 PM
Here's my top five -- just in case. . . with some reasoning.

1] Jonathan Stewart, RB -- Oregon

Hard to think down about a guy whose stock is up even with his turf toe. Extremely tough runner, good in between the tackles and can take it outside. Great vision and always runs hard. Considering his size and his toe, what he ran was incredible. Immediate impact here and low bust factor IMHO.

2] Christopher Williams, OL -- Vanderbilt

A jack of all trades guy, and a very polished pass protector. Smart and plays pretty aggressively. I don't think he has enormous potential but he's a relatively safe pick and a guy who at the very least will start 10 years for you on your line and do pretty well.

3] Ryan Clady, OL - Boise State

High ceiling players usually have high bust rates and I think it's apt to put it on Clady. Physically he's everything you're looking for but mentally I don't know if he has it. I like him a lot -- but he has the same mental problems I echo on a lot of other players. Denver has a tendency to draft players with extremely blessed physical attributes, but nothing in their noggin' -- I think that'll change this year -- but I still rate Clady high for superb potential.

4] Rashard Mendenhall, RB -- Illinois

I don't think Mendenhall's #4 rating needs anymore justification besides the fact that he'd be a good fit for our system and would give us a nice receiving option out of the backfield. I agree that protecting Jay is paramount, but I also think that giving him a running back he can actually rely on is equally as important. I'd prefer Stewart, but Mendenhall would be a solid selection too.

5] Leodis McKelvin, CB - Troy

In the NFL you can never have enough corners; especially in the AFC West, which is starting do breed up some nice young receivers. This pick has the logic of an immediate impact returner; much like O'Neal was for us while he was here -- and the potential to be a starting corner in a year or so. I don't expect Paymah and Foxworth to both be here next year, and they've proven that they're just probably nickel corners at the NFL level. This kid has legitimate #1 potential and would be a fine replacement to either Champ or Dre as they go on and up in years.

Buff
04-22-2008, 12:38 PM

Hard to think down about a guy whose stock is up even with his turf toe. Extremely tough runner, good in between the tackles and can take it outside. Great vision and always runs hard. Considering his size and his toe, what he ran was incredible. Immediate impact here and low bust factor IMHO.

Dream, I never figured you as someone who'd jump on the Stewart bandwagon... Guy's got telent, but he's also always injured and is not head and shoulders above the rest of the RB class to justify a #12 selection IMO...

I'm disappointed in you :tsk:

Requiem / The Dagda
04-22-2008, 12:58 PM
Dream, I never figured you as someone who'd jump on the Stewart bandwagon... Guy's got telent, but he's also always injured and is not head and shoulders above the rest of the RB class to justify a #12 selection IMO...

I'm disappointed in you :tsk:

What? Me and BOSS have been jumping in our sandboxes forever regarding Stewart, I just never thought he was a real possibility until now. ESPN has got me going bonkos.

Ziggy
04-22-2008, 01:01 PM

2] Christopher Williams, OL -- Vanderbilt

A jack of all trades guy, and a very polished pass protector. Smart and plays pretty aggressively. I don't think he has enormous potential but he's a relatively safe pick and a guy who at the very least will start 10 years for you on your line and do pretty well.
3] Ryan Clady, OL - Boise State

High ceiling players usually have high bust rates and I think it's apt to put it on Clady. Physically he's everything you're looking for but mentally I don't know if he has it. I like him a lot -- but he has the same mental problems I echo on a lot of other players. Denver has a tendency to draft players with extremely blessed physical attributes, but nothing in their noggin' -- I think that'll change this year -- but I still rate Clady high for superb potential.

4] Rashard Mendenhall, RB -- Illinois

I don't think Mendenhall's #4 rating needs anymore justification besides the fact that he'd be a good fit for our system and would give us a nice receiving option out of the backfield. I agree that protecting Jay is paramount, but I also think that giving him a running back he can actually rely on is equally as important. I'd prefer Stewart, but Mendenhall would be a solid selection too.

5] Leodis McKelvin, CB - Troy

In the NFL you can never have enough corners; especially in the AFC West, which is starting do breed up some nice young receivers. This pick has the logic of an immediate impact returner; much like O'Neal was for us while he was here -- and the potential to be a starting corner in a year or so. I don't expect Paymah and Foxworth to both be here next year, and they've proven that they're just probably nickel corners at the NFL level. This kid has legitimate #1 potential and would be a fine replacement to either Champ or Dre as they go on and up in years.

I'll take that!

Buff
04-22-2008, 01:25 PM
What? Me and BOSS have been jumping in our sandboxes forever regarding Stewart, I just never thought he was a real possibility until now. ESPN has got me going bonkos.

Well, even if you were on the band wagon before anyone else, I'm still not a huge fan of the idea-- What say you about his injury problems? Also, what do you see us doing in round 2 if we take a RB with #12? (Assuming we stay put at 42)

Requiem / The Dagda
04-22-2008, 01:27 PM
Well, even if you were on the band wagon before anyone else, I'm still not a huge fan of the idea-- What say you about his injury problems? Also, what do you see us doing in round 2 if we take a RB with #12? (Assuming we stay put at 42)

I don't think Jonathan Stewart has an injury problem.

Best available OL at #42, IMHO.

I could see Kenny Phillips if he was there #42 or some elite receiver we loved, but fell.

honz
04-22-2008, 01:31 PM
1) Stewart
2) Williams
3) Albert
4) Mendenhall

LRtagger
04-22-2008, 01:32 PM
Mine:
1) RB Stewart
2) OT Williams
3) RB Mendenhall
4) OT Otah

You an I are on the same page as far as the draft goes...although I would probably replace Otah with Albert.

MOtorboat
04-22-2008, 01:33 PM
So no takers on Jordan Dizon at No. 12?:noidea:

Buff
04-22-2008, 01:40 PM
So no takers on Jordan Dizon at No. 12?:noidea:

Unfortunately even I think that'd be a bit of a reach... But I think some team is going to be very happy they drafted him... Reminds me of another undersized ILB coming out of the Big 12 by the name of Zach Thomas...

MOtorboat
04-22-2008, 01:51 PM
Unfortunately even I think that'd be a bit of a reach... But I think some team is going to be very happy they drafted him... Reminds me of another undersized ILB coming out of the Big 12 by the name of Zach Thomas...

I'm joking...

Ryan Clady...anyone...anyone...Bueller?

BOSSHOGG30
04-22-2008, 01:53 PM
I'm joking...

Ryan Clady...anyone...anyone...Bueller?

Might as well draft a Caldwell out of Florida

SmilinAssasSin27
04-22-2008, 08:31 PM
I'm going to assume Ellis, Rivers and Albert are gone...

Rashard Mendenhall, RB, Illinois
Jeff Otah, OT, Pitt
Chris Williams, OT, Vanderbilt
Jerod Mayo, LB, Tennessee
Phillip Merling, DE, Clemson
Derrick Harvey, DE, Florida
Jon Stewart, RB, Oregon (only due to nagging injuries. I know he's a beast, but they concern me)
Devin Thomas

tubby
04-22-2008, 10:12 PM
I'm going to assume Ellis, Rivers and Albert are gone...

Rashard Mendenhall, RB, Illinois
Jeff Otah, OT, Pitt
Chris Williams, OT, Vanderbilt
Jerod Mayo, LB, Tennessee
Phillip Merling, DE, Clemson
Derrick Harvey, DE, Florida
Jon Stewart, RB, Oregon (only due to nagging injuries. I know he's a beast, but they concern me)
Devin Thomas

I wouldn't be too surprised if it was Mayo. Seriously. :salute:

SmilinAssasSin27
04-22-2008, 10:13 PM
I'd demonstare my sexual deviancy all over my big screen.

shank
04-22-2008, 10:13 PM
(Wishful: Sedrick Ellis)
Jonathan Stewart
Branden Albert
Chris Williams
Rashard Mendenhall

Scarface
04-23-2008, 08:37 AM
I believe we'll take RB or OT and it will all depend on how the staff feels about Kuper/Harris/Pears.

If we go RB you can probably flip a coin
1.Mendenhall
2.Stewart

If we go OT
1. Chris Williams
2. Branden Albert