PDA

View Full Version : Position Coaches?

OldManBronco
04-21-2008, 08:26 PM
This is a 2 part question.

How much influence does a position coach have on a rookie's development?

Other then Bobby T. ( I think it's a given he is Denver's best position coach), how does everyone see Denver's other coaches being able to get the most out of their respective rookies?

r8rh8r
04-21-2008, 08:48 PM
Obviously Rick Dennison is among the best in the business at developing RB/O-Line.

In the secondary, I think having the presence of so many pro bowlers is a huge boost to young player development. I also think there is some synergy in the passing game. When you practice against Bailey, it prepares you for game day more so than if you practice with a substandard player.

BOSSHOGG30
04-21-2008, 09:06 PM
This is a 2 part question.

How much influence does a position coach have on a rookie's development?

Other then Bobby T. ( I think it's a given he is Denver's best position coach), how does everyone see Denver's other coaches being able to get the most out of their respective rookies?

Their influence is huge. They inflict the principle of competing against yourself. It's all about self improvement and about being better than you were a day before. They motivate. You can motivate by fear and you can motivate by reward but both are temporary. The only lasting thing is self motivation. It is the position coaches job to inflict these ideas and attitudes in the players. They are the leaders of the organization. They are there to lift, inspire, and teach fundamentals.

Chuck Knox once said, "Repeated actions are stored as habits. If the repeated actions aren't fundamentally sound, then what comes out in a game can't be sound. What comes out will be bad habits."