PDA

View Full Version : farewell brandon....thanks for the memories

T.K.O.
04-13-2010, 04:42 PM
its not lookin' good for those who want brandon back in 2010.
the simple fact that mcD had a conversation with marshall and less than an hour later he signed his tender leads me to believe a trade is already in the works.
and it makes sense that both parties want to get it done prior to the draft to avoid any more decline in his value (as in a hasty decision).
i had hoped that things would work out and brandon could have a HOF career in denver,but it appears less likely after today.
oh well onward and upward ... we will be just fine....but maybe it will take an extra year to get the O where it needs to be.

http://llnw.image.cbslocal.com/19/2009/12/14/320x240/broncos94377621.jpg

:salute:

claymore
04-13-2010, 04:43 PM
Peace out, Please take McDaniels with you. TIA.

T.K.O.
04-13-2010, 04:45 PM
Peace out, Please take McDaniels with you. TIA.

:lol:

Northman
04-13-2010, 04:49 PM
http://www.highintensityteambuilding.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/and-dont-let-the-door-hit-you-on-the-way-down-300x297.jpg

dogfish
04-13-2010, 05:39 PM
http://www.highintensityteambuilding.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/and-dont-let-the-door-hit-you-on-the-way-down-300x297.jpg

dude, this is definitely NOT sparta. . . .

TXBRONC
04-13-2010, 05:42 PM
dude, this is definitely NOT sparta. . . .

True, but nevertheless "Tonight we dine in hell!"

Bosco
04-13-2010, 05:44 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ReYfu5E-hOE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ReYfu5E-hOE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Northman
04-13-2010, 05:46 PM
True, but nevertheless "Tonight we dine in hell!"

I mean, its not like we cant be reasonable....

gAst4vp6ULQ

Italianmobstr7
04-13-2010, 05:55 PM
If this indeed one of Marshall's last days as a Bronco, it was a joy to have him be a Bronco. He brought some great memories to me, and really all Broncos fans around the world. He was the first player I wanted to draft outside the 1st round that Denver actually got. I told people when we drafted him that he was going to be great. I even used the word BEAST. My friends laughed, and said "he's a 4th round pick, he probably won't do anything." They all called me after Marshall ran for that TD against Seattle back in 06. They knew I was right. Marshall was going to be a beast. I'll never forget standing in the North Stands at Invesco last year, talking to him before the game and then having him make the game winning catch and run for a TD into that same end zone. It was euphoric at Invesco. Thanks for all the memories if this is the end Brandon! Good luck on a long and great career, no matter where it is that you play.

TXBRONC
04-13-2010, 05:55 PM
I mean, its not like we cant be reasonable....

gAst4vp6ULQ

Great movie. I can't let my kids watch it right now but it's a great movie. :salute:

Northman
04-13-2010, 06:03 PM
Great movie. I can't let my kids watch it right now but it's a great movie. :salute:

Indeed. :D

broncofaninfla
04-13-2010, 06:08 PM
I hope our defense is going to be better because it sure looks like our offense is about to be putrid.......

SmilinAssasSin27
04-13-2010, 06:09 PM
If he is gone, it's too bad that it had to be this way. Noone wanted him to be drafted by Denver more than me...especially after hearing the story of how he volunteered to play Safety in college for the good of the team. What happened? He goes pro and all of a sudden someone hit his nut button. It sucks that his off the field stuff made him to unreliable and had the lockerroom in an uproar. I wish him well as a human, but his time has clearly run out in Denver.

Broncolingus
04-13-2010, 06:22 PM
If he is gone, it's too bad that it had to be this way. Noone wanted him to be drafted by Denver more than me...especially after hearing the story of how he volunteered to play Safety in college for the good of the team. What happened? He goes pro and all of a sudden someone hit his nut button. It sucks that his off the field stuff made him to unreliable and had the lockerroom in an uproar. I wish him well as a human, but his time has clearly run out in Denver.

...yup.

elsid13
04-13-2010, 06:23 PM
I hope our defense is going to be better because it sure looks like our offense is about to be putrid.......

Hell we have Neckbeard, Quinn and Gaffeny, there no way the offense can be putrid with those three.

Italianmobstr7
04-13-2010, 06:24 PM

I did. :D

claymore
04-13-2010, 07:02 PM
Hell we have Neckbeard, Quinn and Gaffeny, there no way the offense can be putrid with those three.

Im excited to see McDaniels genius this year. I missed it last year somehow.

elsid13
04-13-2010, 07:04 PM
Im excited to see McDaniels genius this year. I missed it last year somehow.

I believe we saw it when the NE came to town. The genius was wearing #12 and playing QB for the Patriots.

claymore
04-13-2010, 07:08 PM
I believe we saw it when the NE came to town. The genius was wearing #12 and playing QB for the Patriots.

Great Point. /thread!

T.K.O.
04-13-2010, 08:10 PM
Great Point. /thread!

except #12 LOST that game ,while awesome orton drove us downtown for the WHEEEEEEEEEN !:elefant:

DenBronx
04-13-2010, 08:25 PM
we are heading south for the winter bronco fans. this offense is about to go into hybernation for years.

T.K.O.
04-13-2010, 08:28 PM
we are heading south for the winter bronco fans. this offense is about to go into hybernation for years.

oh no we might become an 8-8 team !:shocked:.......wait a tick ?:laugh:

DenBronx
04-13-2010, 08:42 PM
oh no we might become an 8-8 team !:shocked:.......wait a tick ?:laugh:

i don't even want to imagine playing the chargers next year without marshall.

EMB6903
04-13-2010, 08:44 PM
Brandon Marshall.....

The most talented WR to ever suit up in a Broncos uniform...(jerry rice excluded) Too bad it couldnt work out.

I wish him the best.

topscribe
04-13-2010, 08:44 PM

Yes, it was interesting to hear after the game people saying Orton "out-Brady'd Brady."

That was despite Brady's having guided two 90+ TD drives . . . oh wait . . .

-----

topscribe
04-13-2010, 09:03 PM
Brandon Marshall.....

The most talented WR to ever suit up in a Broncos uniform...(jerry rice excluded) Too bad it couldnt work out.

I wish him the best.

Well . . . I remember Lionel Taylor.

But anyway, I get your point. I will miss BMarsh, too, assuming he's gone.

But he's not yet, is he? :confused:

-----

Italianmobstr7
04-13-2010, 09:11 PM
Well . . . I remember Lionel Taylor.

But anyway, I get your point. I will miss BMarsh, too, assuming he's gone.

But he's not yet, is he? :confused:

-----
Might as well be man... The writing is on the wall. He's not going to play for a 1 year contract again with us. The chances of us re-signing him are slim to none. The only reason he signed his tender today is because we're clearly trying to trade him. He didn't need to sign his tender to re-negotiate a contract with us, he needed to do it so we can work out a trade in the coming days or at the draft without a hitch. Freaking sucks, and it's sad to see my favorite go, but it might as well be done already Top. BM will not wear Orange and Blue for the Broncos again.

weazel
04-13-2010, 09:13 PM
Peace out Brandon, try not to beat to many women while your in Denver,

scumbag

topscribe
04-13-2010, 09:16 PM
Might as well be man... The writing is on the wall. He's not going to play for a 1 year contract again with us. The chances of us re-signing him are slim to none. The only reason he signed his tender today is because we're clearly trying to trade him. He didn't need to sign his tender to re-negotiate a contract with us, he needed to do it so we can work out a trade in the coming days or at the draft without a hitch. Freaking sucks, and it's sad to see my favorite go, but it might as well be done already Top. BM will not wear Orange and Blue for the Broncos again.

Marshall doesn't have a choice, does he?

If the Broncos trade, he goes. If not, he stays. If he doesn't play, he violates his contract.

If he wants to go elsewhere next year, and the Broncos disagree, they can franchise him.

The Broncos hold the cards. All of them. Not that they won't trade. They just don't have to . . .

-----

Ravage!!!
04-13-2010, 09:27 PM

I have to say, bud, that he didn't have to sign the tender in order for Denver to work out a trade, either. Meaning, I feel the reason that Brandon signed the tender, is because the trade is already done. It would be stupid of Brandon to sign unless he already knew it was a done deal. Now we are just waiting for the official paperwork and announcement.

weazel
04-13-2010, 09:28 PM

run for the hills, it's over, it's over I tell ya!!!!

Italianmobstr7
04-13-2010, 10:06 PM
Marshall doesn't have a choice, does he?

If the Broncos trade, he goes. If not, he stays. If he doesn't play, he violates his contract.

If he wants to go elsewhere next year, and the Broncos disagree, they can franchise him.

The Broncos hold the cards. All of them. Not that they won't trade. They just don't have to . . .

-----

No he doesn't have a choice. But unless there was a deal in place, or very close Marshall would not have signed the tender. That's what I'm saying. He would've held out as long as he possibly could've without signing his tender. Him signing it early shows he's as good as gone. I know that the Broncos hold all of the cards, but apparently for whatever reason they're choosing to trade him. Whoever gets him is getting a great WR, and a guy working on cleaning up his off the field issues. Getting rid of him may be one of the biggest mistakes the Broncos ever make.

BroncoJoe
04-13-2010, 10:14 PM
9-7
7-9
8-8
8-8

Geez. Our franchise is really heading downhill because Marshall might not be here in 2010.

Italianmobstr7
04-13-2010, 10:14 PM
9-7
7-9
8-8
8-8

Geez. Our franchise is really heading downhill because Marshall might not be here in 2010.

Without Marshall we MIGHT be 5-11 last year. Probably worse than that.

Italianmobstr7
04-13-2010, 10:16 PM
I have to say, bud, that he didn't have to sign the tender in order for Denver to work out a trade, either. Meaning, I feel the reason that Brandon signed the tender, is because the trade is already done. It would be stupid of Brandon to sign unless he already knew it was a done deal. Now we are just waiting for the official paperwork and announcement.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5082365

According to Adam Schefter, he actually DID have to sign the tender before we could have any negotiations about trading him with any team. You can't trade a player that's not currently on your team. I guess the good news is right now, Brandon is a Bronco! Bad news is, it's probably very very temporary.

BroncoJoe
04-13-2010, 10:16 PM
Without Marshall we MIGHT be 5-11 last year. Probably worse than that.

I stopped reading after "might". "Probably" is a close second.

Ever think we might have been better without the premadonna?

Sorry, that crap doesn't fly here.

Ravage!!!
04-13-2010, 10:19 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5082365

According to Adam Schefter, he actually DID have to sign the tender before we could have any negotiations about trading him with any team. You can't trade a player that's not currently on your team. I guess the good news is right now, Brandon is a Bronco! Bad news is, it's probably very very temporary.

Right.. but that doesn't mean you can't "talk" to teams about offers and trades. You can't actually trade him until he signs the tender, but that doesn't mean team GM/coaches can't be discussing what it would take to get him. Which is why I think the deal is 'basically' done, other than the official paperwork and announcement. They just needed marshall to sign the Tender, so that the Broncos can then do their paperwork to make the trade official.

Italianmobstr7
04-13-2010, 10:23 PM

We might have. Very doubtful though. Do you know another WR on our team who could've made the catch and run that he made against Dallas? How about the 2 TD's against New England? What about the 1 handed catches against the New York Giants? There's not a lot of players in the entire NFL that could make the plays he did, much less on our team. We're a worse team without Brandon Marshall. Is he irreplaceable? No, but he will be for at least a year.

I'll always root for the Broncos, no matter what but you've got to forgive me if I'm a little upset that we're trading away my favorite and our best player man. I normally support just about every move the Broncos make. I wasn't even that upset when we got rid of Cutler because he was being such a baby about the situation, but I like Marshall and I don't want to see him leave. Especially when 1 player like him can have so much impact on a game and a season.

Italianmobstr7
04-13-2010, 10:27 PM
Right.. but that doesn't mean you can't "talk" to teams about offers and trades. You can't actually trade him until he signs the tender, but that doesn't mean team GM/coaches can't be discussing what it would take to get him. Which is why I think the deal is 'basically' done, other than the official paperwork and announcement. They just needed marshall to sign the Tender, so that the Broncos can then do their paperwork to make the trade official.

He says right in the video, that until he signs his tender they can have no trade discussions with any team. I always thought it was the way you're saying, that they can discuss but can't actually complete the trade, but Schefter says otherwise. "Up until he signed that tender, Denver was not allowed to have ANY trade talks with any team regarding Brandon Marshall. But now that he's signed the tender, the Broncos are free to shop Brandon Marshall officially to whoever they want." That's the exact quote from Schefter.

BroncoJoe
04-13-2010, 10:31 PM
We might have. Very doubtful though. Do you know another WR on our team who could've made the catch and run that he made against Dallas? How about the 2 TD's against New England? What about the 1 handed catches against the New York Giants? There's not a lot of players in the entire NFL that could make the plays he did, much less on our team. We're a worse team without Brandon Marshall. Is he irreplaceable? No, but he will be for at least a year.

I'll always root for the Broncos, no matter what but you've got to forgive me if I'm a little upset that we're trading away my favorite and our best player man. I normally support just about every move the Broncos make. I wasn't even that upset when we got rid of Cutler because he was being such a baby about the situation, but I like Marshall and I don't want to see him leave. Especially when 1 player like him can have so much impact on a game and a season.

8-8 with Cutler and Marshall. And Shanahan.

8-8 with Marshall.

edit: You don't know for sure any statement you posted above is true. With Marshall, we've been a sub-.500 team.

/thread.

Ravage!!!
04-13-2010, 10:41 PM
He says right in the video, that until he signs his tender they can have no trade discussions with any team. I always thought it was the way you're saying, that they can discuss but can't actually complete the trade, but Schefter says otherwise. "Up until he signed that tender, Denver was not allowed to have ANY trade talks with any team regarding Brandon Marshall. But now that he's signed the tender, the Broncos are free to shop Brandon Marshall officially to whoever they want." That's the exact quote from Schefter.

yeah.. but then you hear the talks of coaches/owners/GMs discussing players at the meetings they had recently. So, I just find it hard to believe that no teams are talking.

Ravage!!!
04-13-2010, 10:42 PM
you are a sub .500 team at 8-8

BroncoJoe
04-13-2010, 10:44 PM
you are a sub .500 team at 8-8

With Marshall on the team,

7-9
8-8
8-8

That's 23-25. SUB .500

BroncoJoe
04-13-2010, 10:46 PM
Hey Rav -

Tell me this:

Would you rather have a Brandon Marshall, or a Rod Smith.

Once again, /thread.

honz
04-13-2010, 10:50 PM
I don't see this as a done deal. I still think Brandon will be in a Broncos uni next year.

Bosco
04-13-2010, 10:54 PM
Whoever gets him is getting a great WR, and a guy working on cleaning up his off the field issues.

Just a couple years too late there.

guitarj
04-13-2010, 10:59 PM
He would not sign for that amount unless there was something for him....like a trade and a big fat contract,
and to think that i made the bold prediction to someone yesterday that he was probably going play for us another year

claymore
04-14-2010, 07:24 AM

Yes, I think we would have been better without McDaniels last year. :D

Lancane
04-14-2010, 07:26 AM
Yes, I think we would have been better without McDaniels last year. :D

Think? Clay, I think it's fair to say that we would have been. Not because of his coaching but because of his personnel decisions.

-- Thanks for the memories Marshall, hope you love being back in Florida...and part of a team that's grateful to have you! --

claymore
04-14-2010, 07:33 AM
Think? Clay, I think it's fair to say that we would have been. Not because of his coaching but because of his personnel decisions.

-- Thanks for the memories Marshall, hope you love being back in Florida...and part of a team that's grateful to have you! --

I have seen zero coaching skills from McDaniels. Even if his weird personell decisions werent there, I still think we are mediocre to bad. Nothing about this guy to like.

I hope we trade all our picks back for future picks in case this dipshit gets fired.

broncofaninfla
04-14-2010, 07:47 AM
I have seen zero coaching skills from McDaniels. Even if his weird personell decisions werent there, I still think we are mediocre to bad. Nothing about this guy to like.

I hope we trade all our picks back for future picks in case this dipshit gets fired.

I agree. His offensive schemes, game planning and play calling were nothing short of pathetic, he has shown he has no people skills. The only bright spot was the defense and I credit the defense to Nolan who also left.

I hope we trade Sheff, Doom and anybody else we can shake for future picks with the hopes a new coach/GM can actually make decsions to benifit this team and not just satisfy his ego.............

Lancane
04-14-2010, 07:49 AM
I agree. His offensive schemes, game planning and play calling were nothing short of pathetic, he has shown he has no people skills. The only bright spot was the defense and I credit the defense to Nolan who also left.

I hope we trade Sheff, Doom and anybody else we can shake for future picks with the hopes a new coach/GM can actually make decsions to benifit this team and not just satisfy his ego.............

So very true...

Ugh, I just hope Bowlen realizes that hiring from a proven coaching tree is better then hiring from one in which the seed doesn't flourish like the tree itself!

MileHighCrew
04-14-2010, 08:13 AM
I am a huge Marshall fan just like I am a huge Cutler fan thanks for the memories guys. I've always been and always will be Broncos first but the McD years have me shaking my head.

Lancane
04-14-2010, 08:17 AM
I am a huge Marshall fan just like I am a huge Cutler fan thanks for the memories guys. I've always been and always will be Broncos first but the McD years have me shaking my head.

Don't worry...he won't last too long, if he fields an offense that is worse then last years, which is likely...he might not see year three of his contract.

MileHighCrew
04-14-2010, 08:31 AM
Don't worry...he won't last too long, if he fields an offense that is worse then last years, which is likely...he might not see year three of his contract.

Not only will the offence be worse, but you wont have Marshall making 20 catches in a game, and I doubt Stokley will grab another bounce like last year. I'm hoping I'm wrong, (I'm also hoping Quinn wins the starting job,) but for the life of my I can't see how this trade, or the Cutler trade made us a better team. The goal is to win, I don't see us getting closer to that goal with a second rounder for one of the 5 best WRs in the game

Northman
04-14-2010, 08:49 AM
See you later schmuck!!!

Nomad
04-14-2010, 08:56 AM
See you later schmuck!!!

Denver's police blotters will never be the same!!:D

Bosco
04-14-2010, 03:42 PM
The only bright spot was the defense and I credit the defense to Nolan who also left.

Except that Josh dictated the defensive scheme to Mike (by Mike's own admission), picked the players, picked Nolan's assistants, had heavy input on the defensive game plans and spent time giving one on one coaching to defensive players.

Anyone who has studied football or even watched it over the last decade or so could tell you that our defense was nothing like the read and react schemes Nolan has always run and was more closely related the Patriots aggressive blitzing style of defense.

Superchop 7
04-14-2010, 08:05 PM
Brandons best move was coming back and talking to McDaniels after he was suspended.

For that, I commend him.