PDA

View Full Version : What are your plans for draft day?

GEM
04-21-2008, 01:21 PM
I was wondering what some of your traditions for draft day are.

I am headed up to my mom and dad's to catch it. I was talking to my dad yesterday about the Broncos and he asked what I was doing for the draft. Told him nada so he said to come on over. Kind of cool as we don't do a whole lotta stuff together and it's the first draft we'll be catching together. :dance:

BOSSHOGG30
04-21-2008, 01:23 PM
I'm going to the draft!

tubby
Todd Blythe

GEM
I'm going to the draft!

You lucky SOB! :D

Rex
garage sale

GEM
04-21-2008, 01:24 PM
Todd Blythe

Tubby, if I didn't know any better, I would think you want Todd Blythe in the draft. I don't know what is giving me that idea. :lol:

GEM
04-21-2008, 01:25 PM
garage sale

You not so lucky SOB. :lol:

BOSSHOGG30
04-21-2008, 01:27 PM
You not so lucky SOB. :lol:

You got that right.. he is a SOB:D

honz
04-21-2008, 01:36 PM
I will probably(but hopefully not) feel the need to start drinking as soon as the 12th pick is announced and most likely won't remember too much after that.

BigDaddyBronco
04-21-2008, 01:39 PM
My new draft day tradition (as long as the draft falls on the 4th weekend in April) is to have my daughters birthay party. This year is her 1st so it should be fun. If I involved the NFL draft in my tradition my wife would end me.

Requiem / The Dagda
04-21-2008, 01:44 PM
If we select Kentwan Balmer or any other player I hate, I'm going to get trashed. I might have a radio spot lined up so I might be giving my thoughts on some stuff; but I'm not sure yet. I'd just like to sit and enjoy it.

GEM
04-21-2008, 01:44 PM
My new draft day tradition (as long as the draft falls on the 4th weekend in April) is to have my daughters birthay party. This year is her 1st so it should be fun. If I involved the NFL draft in my tradition my wife would end me.

I hope she has a wonderful birthday and dad gets something he likes on her birthday! :cheers:

frauschieze
04-21-2008, 01:49 PM
I'll be hosting my 2nd annual draft day party. Last year, I made a vat o' chili as a main course. Not sure what's on the menu this year besides plenty of beer and whiskey. I opened it up to a few non-Broncos fans this year. That should stir things up a bit.

MOtorboat
04-21-2008, 01:50 PM
I'll be hosting my 2nd annual draft day party. Last year, I made a vat o' chili as a main course. Not sure what's on the menu this year besides plenty of beer and whiskey. I opened it up to a few non-Broncos fans this year. That should stir things up a bit.

Where's that video of the Chiefs fans all pissed off on Draft Day a few years ago...that was priceless...

I will be breaking down each Denver draft pick on my Big Board at home....j/k....if its nice enough (should be) I'm going golfing.

But I should be home in plenty of time for the beginning of the draft.

BOSSHOGG30
04-21-2008, 01:55 PM
Where's that video of the Chiefs fans all pissed off on Draft Day a few years ago...that was priceless...

I will be breaking down each Denver draft pick on my Big Board at home....j/k....if its nice enough (should be) I'm going golfing.

But I should be home in plenty of time for the beginning of the draft.

Do they make clubs and drives small enough for you? I guess you could always use one of those fisher price ones right?:D

Ziggy
04-21-2008, 01:56 PM
I'll be having a draft party with my teenage son. I get to do 2 of the things that I like most in life. Spending time with my son, and watching football (or something to do with football anyways.) We'll probably be out shooting hoops after the 12th pick if the weather is nice and have the garage radio on listening to the rest of the 1st round.

Mike
04-21-2008, 02:03 PM
I plan on having a good day until Mike Shanahan goes and screws it up. :lol:

With the #12 selection the Denver Broncos select Keith Rivers or DeSean Jackson.

Requiem / The Dagda
04-21-2008, 02:06 PM
I'd be stoked for either of those guys at #12.

MOtorboat
04-21-2008, 02:07 PM
I plan on having a good day until Mike Shanahan goes and screws it up. :lol:

With the #12 selection the Denver Broncos select Keith Rivers or DeSean Jackson.

I'm fully expecting it...so...I'm not disappointed when it happens. :2thumbs:

I'm thinking like a Chiefs fan this week! :elefant:

Friday is going to be awful...not much to do, no deadlines, and 24 hours till the draft.

dogfish
04-21-2008, 05:27 PM
i'm not sure yet, because i'm thinking about staying out in san fran another week. . . my friends just bought a place, and i might help them move-- and that'll mean that i can watch the draft with some hardcore broncomaniacs. . . if so, a big hangover might be on the menu. . . and with a 9AM start on the west coast, no way i'm cooking-- luckily, there are half a dozen good restaurants within a block. . . make sure the fridge is well-stocked with liquid consolation and pray shenanigans doesn't blow it. . . .

pipes
04-21-2008, 09:49 PM
I was wondering what some of your traditions for draft day are.

I am headed up to my mom and dad's to catch it. I was talking to my dad yesterday about the Broncos and he asked what I was doing for the draft. Told him nada so he said to come on over. Kind of cool as we don't do a whole lotta stuff together and it's the first draft we'll be catching together. :dance:

My fiance' has already bought the needle and the thread.
In a couple of days, I am going to cut a hole in my couch.....

And on the first day, I will be sewing my butt-cheeks to my couch. :salute:

.....On the second day of the draft......I'm building a tree house for the kiddies......and pouting about it. :tsk:

Skinny
04-21-2008, 10:10 PM
I'm ordering thai take out i know that much. A big plate of chicken and shrimp pad thai with red hot dry pepper sprinkled all over it. Rather i'm eating it at home or a freinds house, i don't know yet. But it's on!

Davii
04-21-2008, 10:26 PM

Antipasto?

frauschieze
04-21-2008, 10:30 PM
Antipasto?

:laugh:

Do not omit havarti.

Davii
04-21-2008, 10:31 PM
:laugh:

Do not omit havarti.

To do so would be on par with blasphemy.