PDA

View Full Version : What about pick 2 and 3?, 4.

underrated29
04-21-2008, 01:08 PM
We have all had extensive discussions about ol/rb/dt in rd 1. What guys are good for rd2 assuming we go rb in 1?

If we take stew/mend do we go gosder at 2?, or how about laws at dt?, or simms or baker? or do we go with a db/wr with retrun ability. Or maybe philips is still there.

Or maybe we dont go RB in the first we go OL with williams/clady/otah.

What or who is next????

tubby
04-21-2008, 01:23 PM
Todd Blythe!!!!!!!!!!!!

honz
04-21-2008, 01:26 PM
Todd Blythe!!!!!!!!!!!!
I admire your consistency.:salute:

underrated29
04-21-2008, 01:26 PM
lol.

I think if we get a rb early. Then next pick is dt. I think we can still get a good OL inthe 3/4th range. However if say gosder and laws are there i would go gosder, and make sure we get okam in the 4th.

BOSSHOGG30
04-21-2008, 01:27 PM
Round 2 depends on what we do in round one and it also depends on what players slip... so it is hard to even have a discussion

1) If we go RB, we need to go DL or OL in round 2, but if a safety like Phillips or a LB like Connor, Mayo, or Lofton are there then you have to look a that as other possibilites as well.

2) If we go OL, we need to go DL but again, if a safety like Phillips or a LB like Connor, Mayo, or Lofton are there then you have to look a that as other possibilites as well. I do not think we need to go RB in round 2 because we need a power back and there likely won't be anyone there worth selecting.

Requiem / The Dagda
04-21-2008, 01:45 PM
I don't know why people think Gosder is going to last to #42 when he's a top five tackle consensus on almost every board (I'm guessing, but I think it's a safe guess) and there are over a dozen teams who could use an upgrade at tackle by the time #42 comes around.

MOtorboat
04-21-2008, 01:47 PM
Tubby...do you know the name of any other prospects. Just their name...that's all I'm asking here...just a name. One name.

BOSSHOGG30
04-21-2008, 01:54 PM
I don't know why people think Gosder is going to last to #42 when he's a top five tackle consensus on almost every board (I'm guessing, but I think it's a safe guess) and there are over a dozen teams who could use an upgrade at tackle by the time #42 comes around.

Considering Otah, Clady, Long, and Williams go before him, that would be 4 tackles taken before the top 42 are off the board.

Then you have Albert who some teams may have higher than Gosder even at tackle. Duane Brown, Sam Baker, and Anthony Collins might just be in the same discussions with Gosder. So it is possible that he could be there at 42. I doubt it like you, but I don't think it is out of the question. I do doubt that at least one of the guys I mentioned will fail to be there at 42 overall when we pick. After all 42 isn't that far off from the 1st round.

underrated29
04-21-2008, 02:22 PM
every year players fall a lot further than expected. This year inthe 2nd Atlanta is holding like 4 of those 31 picks (browns dont have one so i just said 31)....

Atlanta will probably look at 1 maybe 2 of those guys if they dont in the 1st, but that still leaves several good players to fall. Especially when you consider guys like chris jonshon, phillips, all the WR, and DT's that will be available inthe 2nd for teams to drool over.

I personally stand that baker will go to rd 3, as in my sig. Yes, It is ver,y very doubtful, and even further from reality since we dont have a 3rd. But thats still what i am going by because it happens every year.

Requiem / The Dagda
04-21-2008, 02:28 PM
Well, here's the deal. Baker has been falling for a while now. Falling so far that teams are starting to evaluate him as a G/C instead of an OT; which is why even though he has versatility -- his value is being lessened. Cherilus is a premier right tackle and just an average left tackle. He has versatility; and he's coming from a school notorious for putting out nasty lineman. When it comes down to it, teams are going to value the players who can play tackle -- moreover left tackle over guys like Baker who have positional ambiguity.

I don't see Cherilus having those concerns; and there are going to be teams in the 20s who will need someone like him. Yes, players fall but I think people are hoping Cherilus falls to #42 because they know it'd be a great situation for the Broncos. Heck, maybe he will -- but I don't think he's going to. Just too many teams needing an OT and he's one of the top 5 or 6 in the draft. That many will go before #42. . . we'll see though.

BOSSHOGG30
04-21-2008, 02:30 PM
Dream,

Do you think Duane Brown will be there at 42? I doubt it, but wouldn't that be great!

tubby
04-21-2008, 02:30 PM
Tubby...do you know the name of any other prospects. Just their name...that's all I'm asking here...just a name. One name.

Pat Sims

BOSSHOGG30
04-21-2008, 02:37 PM
If a guy like Terrell Thomas is there for the taking and we need a FS I wouldn't mind taking him. I don't like him at CB, but I think he would make for a very good safety prospect.

Requiem / The Dagda
04-21-2008, 02:46 PM
Dream,

Do you think Duane Brown will be there at 42? I doubt it, but wouldn't that be great!

The thing that bothers me about Brown is that he worked out way better than he ever played at Virginia Tech. I think he's a nice option in the third or fourth round, but definitely not at #42. I'm almost certain he'll be there, and I do hope we pass. I don't think he's as good as Ryan Harris was last year and he lasted until the third round; so I'd be very skeptical about taking him any earlier than that based on relativity.

Then again, I think you'll see teams looking at his workout numbers and being like, "Woah, this kid looks good." and he'll probably get drafted higher than he should as a result. Granted, I only saw a few Virginia Tech games this year -- but he really didn't stand out as the kind of guy that would be worthy of such a high selection. Too raw, too inconsistent. Players like that don't deserve to go in the top three rounds.

I understand that any tackle we might take won't have an immediate impact - but with Brown even a year of learning the ropes might be too little for him to come in and play.

I'd honestly like to see Denver get a player at #42 who can contribute in a big way; whether it's starting or on special teams -- and not a developmental lineman.

BOSSHOGG30
04-21-2008, 03:04 PM
The thing that bothers me about Brown is that he worked out way better than he ever played at Virginia Tech. I think he's a nice option in the third or fourth round, but definitely not at #42. I'm almost certain he'll be there, and I do hope we pass. I don't think he's as good as Ryan Harris was last year and he lasted until the third round; so I'd be very skeptical about taking him any earlier than that based on relativity.

Then again, I think you'll see teams looking at his workout numbers and being like, "Woah, this kid looks good." and he'll probably get drafted higher than he should as a result. Granted, I only saw a few Virginia Tech games this year -- but he really didn't stand out as the kind of guy that would be worthy of such a high selection. Too raw, too inconsistent. Players like that don't deserve to go in the top three rounds.

I understand that any tackle we might take won't have an immediate impact - but with Brown even a year of learning the ropes might be too little for him to come in and play.

I'd honestly like to see Denver get a player at #42 who can contribute in a big way; whether it's starting or on special teams -- and not a developmental lineman.

I like Brown a lot. I think his potential is off the charts. He is somewhat raw and inconsistent , but I love his upside. He has prototypical size, good quickness and impressive athletic ability for a guy his size. As you know he started off at tightend, move to RT and then LT his senior season. I think at the NFL level he will be a great tackle for someone that is willing to give him a year or two to develop.

underrated29
04-21-2008, 03:06 PM
isnt that how lepsis or one of our other great lineman started? They were drafted/signed as a te and then moved into the line?

BOSSHOGG30
04-21-2008, 03:10 PM
isnt that how lepsis or one of our other great lineman started? They were drafted/signed as a te and then moved into the line?

Lepsis was very athletic and moved with ease. This is one of the many reason I like Brown. He won't start from day 1, but Denver rarely starts rookie offensive linemen anyways. I think he would have a great career as a Bronco.

Skinny
04-21-2008, 06:36 PM
My reach at #42 is Bennett. I would love to see Lofton slide there and we nab him but i'm not going to hold my breathe.

If anything, hopefully a value pick at WR, maybe Kelly's there. I could live with Hardy or Sweed. Or a DT... Ryan Sims, Dre Moore ...

I'll go out on a limb here and say Cherilus to Pitt at #23.