PDA

View Full Version : Broncos to meet with Brandon Marshall today!

Lancane
04-13-2010, 08:44 AM
Report: Brandon Marshall, Broncos to talk today
Posted by Mike Florio on April 13, 2010 9:24 AM ET

With the Pittsburgh Steelers giving Super Bowl XLIII MVP Santonio Holmes to the Jets for a fifth-round draft pick only eight days after Donovan McNabb fetched a second-rounder and a 2011 third- or fourth-rounder for the Eagles, the Denver Broncos need to be reconsidering their position that they want only a first-round pick for receiver Brandon Marshall.

Whatever the Broncos have decided, they'll apparently be communicating it to Marshall today. Per Josina Anderson of FOX 31 in Denver, the Broncos and Marshall will meet Tuesday to discuss the future.

It could be that the Broncos have decided to bring back Marshall for 2010, if/when he chooses to ink his restricted free agency tender. Or it could be that the Broncos want him to sign the tender so that they'll be able to trade him on a moment's notice during the draft, if a good opportunity arises.

Or it could be that they want to get him to sign the tender so that they can keep him, but that they'll simply tell him they want the tender to be signed and ready in the event that a trade opportunity arises.

Either way, recent developments have thrown a large wrench into the team's plans. At the end of the 2009 season, there were strong signs that a trade was inevitable. Now, it's anyone's guess as to whether Marshall will be returning for a fifth season with the team.

Looks like it's coming soon...

UnderArmour
04-13-2010, 08:46 AM
http://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/12102586658

First Alert: Sources tell Fox31's Josina Anderson that Brandon Marshall is expected to huddle with the Denver Broncos today about future.

I'm excited! I hope we sign this guy, he's made the Pro Bowl 2 years in a row and had 100+ catches both years. He could be a centerpiece in our offense for years to come! And to think we could still sign a guy like this off the market, wow. Who were the idiots who let this guy on the market?

Denver Native (Carol)
04-13-2010, 08:57 AM
http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-brandon-marshall-041310,0,803565.story

DENVER - FOX31 sports has learned the Denver Broncos and their Pro Bowl wide receiver Brandon Marshall plan to meet Tuesday.

A source told FOX31's Josina Anderson that the team and Marshall plan to meet to discuss his future.

Marshall, a restricted free agent, visited the Seattle Seahawks in March. Soon after that, he ran into ESPN football play-by-play announcer Mike Tirico at a Portland Trailblazers-Denver Nuggets basketball game at the Pepsi Center. According to Tirico, Marshall told him he is open to the possibility of remaining in Denver. He also told Tirico that while his visit to Seattle to meet with Seahawks officials went well, he was not in any rush to make a decision.

He's coming off his fourth season in the NFL in which he caught 101 passes for 1,120 yards and 10 touchdowns. He also set the NFL's single-game record for receptions with 21 against the Indianapolis Colts Dec. 13, 2009.

Marshall's on-field performance has often been overshadowed by his off-field issues.

Most recently, he was called as a key witness in the murder trial of Willie Clark, a reputed gang member who was convicted of murdering Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams in a drive-by shooting early New Year's Day 2007.

Marshall demanded a trade prior to the start of the 2009 season. However, the team did not acquiesce.

ALSO - posted on March 8th - from article:

http://www.kdvr.com/sports/kdvr-marshall-denver-030810,0,2642084.story

However, Sunday night, Marshall ran across ESPN football play-by-play announcer Mike Tirico at the Blazers-Nuggets basketball game at the Pepsi Center. According to Tirico, Marshall told him he is open to the possibility of remaining in Denver. He also told the venerable commentator that while his visit to Seattle to meet with Seahawks officials went well, he is not in any rush to make a decision.

Lancane
04-13-2010, 09:02 AM
A couple things I must say on this subject...

'McDaniels, take a deep breath, swallow your pride and forget your arrogance...either pay him or trade him!'

It's real simple, in fact it's so simple it crosses into idiocy, Brandon Marshall is not going to give a damn what teams are willing to trade for him, whether it's a first or a second round pick, even a package deal. Fact is that the team he goes to will sign him to a long-term deal, if we are not going to pay him then so be it, but just cause some teams do not want to give up a first round pick does not mean they will not pay him. I'm pretty sure Marshall could care less about our compensation return for his services.

MileHighCrew
04-13-2010, 09:06 AM
Pay the man, and I not just saying that because I have a Marshall authentic road jersey

Nomad
04-13-2010, 09:07 AM
Regardless of what side of the fence you're on or speculations you have who's at fault as far as egos go (God knows this has been beaten to death with everyone's take), I hope they get this matter resolved so we can move on!!!

Lancane
04-13-2010, 09:09 AM
Pay the man, and I not just saying that because I have a Marshall authentic road jersey

That would be the smart move, especially when you have a less then talented quarterback, Marshall makes the team better on the field. Chances are high that McDaniels will refuse to give him a contract, though he was promised as much previously...therein forcing Marshall to outright demand a trade. A lot of what is likely to happen today will lead to where this 'saga' will end and how.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-13-2010, 09:10 AM
'McDaniels, take a deep breath, swallow your pride and forget your arrogance...either pay him or trade him!'

Arrogance :confused: There are only two choices available, as you state - pay him or trade him - how would arrogance come into play???????

Elevation inc
04-13-2010, 09:11 AM
That would be the smart move, especially when you have a less then talented quarterback, Marshall makes the team better on the field. Chances are high that McDaniels will refuse to give him a contract, though he was promised as much previously...therein forcing Marshall to outright demand a trade. A lot of what is likely to happen today will lead to where this 'saga' will end and how.

MCD isnt shanny...marshall should have been mature enough to realzie a new regime, and marshall is still 1 step away from a serious suspension...im fine with him staying and fine if we get a first rd pick......anything else like a wack second rd pick and i will be pissed, but this is steps towards closure one way or another...thats a good thing

broncofaninfla
04-13-2010, 09:18 AM
Marshall is a Bronco and I hope he stays a Bronco. We are a better team with him than without him.

Lancane
04-13-2010, 09:20 AM
Arrogance :confused: There are only two choices available, as you state - pay him or trade him - how would arrogance come into play???????

Carol, come on...the man is arrogant, mending a bridge at times takes being open and understanding. I point to the Cutler debacle, Cutler asked that McDaniels simply promise that he not to try and trade him. He outright refused, meaning that no matter what he wanted to do away with Cutler. As I stated before I felt that Cutler who was the face of the team was in his way, McDaniels wanted to be the face of the franchise and as long as Cutler remained it could not be. He wants people to believe that he is the reason we win or not, not anyone or anything else.

To fix this...he will need to forgo the arrogance or it may well end up being another fubar on his part.

Elevation inc
04-13-2010, 09:26 AM
Carol, come on...the man is arrogant, mending a bridge at times takes being open and understanding. I point to the Cutler debacle, Cutler asked that McDaniels simply promise that he not to try and trade him. He outright refused, meaning that no matter what he wanted to do away with Cutler. As I stated before I felt that Cutler who was the face of the team was in his way, McDaniels wanted to be the face of the franchise and as long as Cutler remained it could not be. He wants people to believe that he is the reason we win or not, not anyone or anything else.

To fix this...he will need to forgo the arrogance or it may well end up being another fubar on his part.

really cane bringing up cutler like this???? :lol:

Lancane
04-13-2010, 09:27 AM
MCD isnt shanny...marshall should have been mature enough to realzie a new regime, and marshall is still 1 step away from a serious suspension...im fine with him staying and fine if we get a first rd pick......anything else like a wack second rd pick and i will be pissed, but this is steps towards closure one way or another...thats a good thing

No, McDaniels is not Shanahan...but he is an extension of Bowlen's authority as was Shanahan, and Bowlen knows damn well that a promise was made on his behalf on someone he paid to run the team; therefore he too made a promise. Beyond that, Bowlen has stated that he wants Marshall to remain a Bronco, but if they are not willing to keep their promise to him and actually pay him what he in fact deserves then he does not have to care about the organization or what they get in return. If Marshall's price tag drops then he will become a very hot commodity and the team that lands him will give him a long-term contract and McDaniels needs to realize that.

Northman
04-13-2010, 09:29 AM

God forbid Brandon or Jay didnt have egos. :rolleyes:

But overall something needs to be done with Brandon. Im ready for whatever but lets get the circus over with already.

Lancane
04-13-2010, 09:30 AM

It shows his arrogance and his attitude towards the management of this team, so why would I not bring it up? It's a viable issue that did happen. Question is, did he learn from it? I don't know and neither do you, but thus far his actions point to that he has not.

Elevation inc
04-13-2010, 09:33 AM
No, McDaniels is not Shanahan...but he is an extension of Bowlen's authority as was Shanahan, and Bowlen knows damn well that a promise was made on his behalf on someone he paid to run the team; therefore he too made a promise. Beyond that, Bowlen has stated that he wants Marshall to remain a Bronco, but if they are not willing to keep their promise to him and actually pay him what he in fact deserves then he does not have to care about the organization or what they get in return. If Marshall's price tag drops then he will become a very hot commodity and the team that lands him will give him a long-term contract and McDaniels needs to realize that.

he hasnt earned what he thinks he deserves, while the threat of a 8 game suspenison looms from his off-field stuff....

the man is a beast on the field, but the off-field stuff is his curse and its at the fault of brandon marshall himself

he has only himself to blame for not having that huge contract right now...

i will say this has been the most quiet off-season reagarding marshall since he got here..yeah the media is trying to stir stuff up...but he has kept his mouth shut very smart and shows signs of maturing....and thats a very good start.

now if he can just hash out a full 16 game season(not 15) and be good in TC(dont mess with ball boys)....then that ten mil a year he wants could come his way.....

GEM
04-13-2010, 09:34 AM
I'll believe it when it happens....that report is from Josina Anderson. The local schmuck.

Lancane
04-13-2010, 09:35 AM
God forbid Brandon or Jay didnt have egos. :rolleyes:

But overall something needs to be done with Brandon. Im ready for whatever but lets get the circus over with already.

God forbid if half the NFL didn't have egos... Rivers, Thomlinson, Sanders, Irving, Elway, Owens, Bradshaw, Aikman, Edwards, Marshall, Plummer, Brady, Manning, Kelly and the list goes on and on. The NFL would have been a dull place without some of those above mentioned players as well as many others...that's just offensively too.

I agree that the circus needs to come to a close, but people need to get off the 'They have ego' trips, so does half the league and the NFL wouldn't be the same without them!

Northman
04-13-2010, 09:36 AM
God forbid if half the NFL didn't have egos... Rivers, Thomlinson, Sanders, Irving, Elway, Owens, Bradshaw, Aikman, Edwards, Marshall, Plummer, Brady, Manning, Kelly and the list goes on and on. The NFL would have been a dull place without some of those above mentioned players as well as many others...that's just offensively too.

I agree that the circus needs to come to a close, but people need to get off the 'They have ego' trips, so does half the league and the NFL wouldn't be the same without them!

Yea, half the league and just about EVERY coach who is out there yet you want to bust the balls of McD? Really? Please.

Lancane
04-13-2010, 09:42 AM
Yea, half the league and just about EVERY coach who is out there yet you want to bust the balls of McD? Really? Please.

McDaniels has a far bigger ego then most coaches in this league, so don't even go there. And as I always say, believe what you will. It does not change the fact I think he is a solid coach...

Lancane
04-13-2010, 09:47 AM
I'll believe it when it happens....that report is from Josina Anderson. The local schmuck.

Actually it has been confirmed or so I believe by two sources, not just by Anderson word alone.

Northman
04-13-2010, 09:48 AM
McDaniels has a far bigger ego then most coaches in this league, so don't even go there.

Totally disagree.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-13-2010, 09:49 AM

COACH = I will ONLY be your coach, if I am also YOUR executive vice president, and have the ultimate authority on football decisions. Guess who that is.

T.K.O.
04-13-2010, 10:08 AM
the only way i will get excited about this meeting is if i find out that the broncos are meeting with brandon marshall AND his agent.
that would tell me there is a reasonable contract offer on the table and we MIGHT be signing brandon,
otherwise its likely another "nolan" type meeting where josh says "do you want to remain with the team ?"
i don't see that going to well......history tells us why.
now if marshall's agent is present....i think it would be more of a "we need to know where we're going in the draft so here's a beefy contract....sign it or lose me forever.:laugh:

T.K.O.
04-13-2010, 10:13 AM
ruh roh raggy..........

Drew Rosenhaus made his weekly appearance on South Florida TV on Sunday and said that his client, Brandon Marshall, will be traded for a second-round pick as well as another lesser pick.

There are several teams that have been reported to have interest, most notably the Seattle Seahawks.

Jeff Legwold of the Denver Post recently polled a handful of personnel executives from around the league and the consensus was that Marshall would indeed be traded by draft day for less than a first-round pick.

Basically the belief is that head coach Josh McDaniels and Marshall will be unable to coexist next season despite their recent comments on the contrary. There is a lot of friction there and it just doesn't appear that they can get past this.

While the Seahawks appear to be the most likely landing spot, the Washington Redskins as well as some other suitors shouldn't be ruled out just yet.

There are a lot of teams out there that could use Marshall's services. He's a very talented wideout, and at 26-years-old, is only going to get better with age.

Talks should really begin to heat up as the draft draws closer, but at the moment the price tag appears to be a second-round pick and possibly a third- or fourth-round pick as well.

That may be a steep price to pay, considering Anquan Boldin was traded from the Arizona Cardinals to the Baltimore Ravens earlier this year for a third- and fourth-round pick.

Of course Boldin is two years older than Marshall and has had a history of injury problems. So Marshall's value might be worth the price.

If Rosenhaus is right, it's only a matter of time before Marshall has a new home. This appears to be one player fueling the trade

T.K.O.
04-13-2010, 10:15 AM
i thought marshall's agent was kennard mcguire ?
when did he switch to rosenhaus ?

Lancane
04-13-2010, 10:16 AM
COACH = I will ONLY be your coach, if I am also YOUR executive vice president, and have the ultimate authority on football decisions. Guess who that is.

Carol, don't tell me you believe that load of crap...do you really believe that Xanders has the authority in Denver? Bowlen pretty much gave McDaniels a lap dog when he made Xanders the G.M., it was obvious to everyone from the get go, Jim Bateman would have acted as a G.M. should have, he wouldn't have allowed Cutler to be traded or Marshall to not be signed so easily, we all knew that...kind of convinient that Bateman was fired right before they tried to trade Cutler wasn't it? It's been played off well, even I have to admit that. There is no I in we, McDaniels and Shanahan both share that one major flaw...

Denver Native (Carol)
04-13-2010, 10:17 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/ci_14874168

There will be conversation today between Broncos star receiver Brandon Marshall and coach Josh McDaniels. General manager Brian Xanders may also be involved in the talk.

For now, not much should be read into the scheduled conversation. Marshall is to speak with the Broncos' bosses by phone, not in person. And Marshall, a restricted free agent, is still expected to be traded, if not during during next week's draft, then shortly thereafter.

The talk between McDaniels and Marshall — their first since the coach called to congratulate his receiver during Pro Bowl week in late-January — may have been stimulated by the Santonio Holmes trade on Sunday, and by the impending offer-sheet deadline. Restricted free agents have until Thursday to receive an offer from other teams.

The Pittsburgh Steelers dealt Holmes, one of their top two receivers who is less than two years removed from winning the Super Bowl XLIII MVP award, to the New York Jets for a fifth-round draft pick.

That trade doesn't figure to help the Broncos get what they consider fair trade value for Marshall, who was tendered with a first-round draft pick compensation and $2.512 million salary.

TXBRONC
04-13-2010, 10:19 AM

Isn't she looking to hook on with The National Enquirer? :D

Ravage!!!
04-13-2010, 10:20 AM
Everything is related, its always goingto brought up. No different that people bashing on Cutler and blaming him.

But the writer didn't really make much sense. Marshall isn't going to sign a tender so they can trade him at a moment's notice. He can do that once a trade is in place. He's not going to sign the tender until he KNOWS either a long term contract is in place for him in Denver, or, a trade is waiting to happen.

Dirk
04-13-2010, 10:21 AM
McDaniels has a far bigger ego then most coaches in this league, so don't even go there. And as I always say, believe what you will. It does not change the fact I think he is a solid coach...

Seriously?

Granted there is a fine line between Ego and Confidence. I believe McD has more of the confindence factor in his decisions. He is confident that his system will work and confident in the approach he uses to try and get there. Does he have an ego also? Of course, there is ego in all coaches and players.

But just to name a few...here are some coaches who's ego is far greater than McD's...

Martz - most of all coaches
M. Schottenheimer
Shanahan
Billick
Holmgren
Gruden
Bellichick

So I don't think "ego" is a fair assessment. It's not ego that drives McD...it's a desire to win and a belief that he can and "confidence" in his methods and decisions.

Lancane
04-13-2010, 10:24 AM
Seriously?

Granted there is a fine line between Ego and Confidence. I believe McD has more of the confindence factor in his decisions. He is confident that his system will work and confident in the approach he uses to try and get there. Does he have an ego also? Of course, there is ego in all coaches and players.

But just to name a few...here are some coaches who's ego is far greater than McD's...

M. Schottenheimer
Shanahan
Billick
Holmgren
Gruden
Bellichick

So I don't think "ego" is a fair assessment. It's not ego that drives McD...it's a desire to win and a belief that he can and "confidence" in his methods and decisions.

There is a fine line between confidence and arrogance, just ask Barry Shwartz! :lol:

threefolddead
04-13-2010, 10:26 AM
I will always remember Marshall for saying he couldn't practice because he couldn't breath in the cold. I lost all respect for him once I had found that out.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-13-2010, 10:28 AM
Everything is related, its always goingto brought up. No different that people bashing on Cutler and blaming him.

But the writer didn't really make much sense. Marshall isn't going to sign a tender so they can trade him at a moment's notice. He can do that once a trade is in place. He's not going to sign the tender until he KNOWS either a long term contract is in place for him in Denver, or, a trade is waiting to happen.

I posted the denver post article - this is a phone conversation only.

Italianmobstr7
04-13-2010, 10:29 AM
Really hope they offer him an extension with some guaranteed money. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

T.K.O.
04-13-2010, 10:32 AM
A couple things I must say on this subject...

It's real simple, in fact it's so simple it crosses into idiocy, Brandon Marshall is not going to give a damn what teams are willing to trade for him, whether it's a first or a second round pick, even a package deal. Fact is that the team he goes to will sign him to a long-term deal, if we are not going to pay him then so be it, but just cause some teams do not want to give up a first round pick does not mean they will not pay him. I'm pretty sure Marshall could care less about our compensation return for his services.

The smart move would be for Marshall to swallow his pride and arrogance, and finally sign whatever deal the broncos offer.
He needs to realize that the broncos are not going to care about what a team is willing to pay him,he is a "restricted free agent", just because a team is unwilling to part with a first round pick does not mean they are not willing to sign him to a long-term contract and marshall needs to understand that!
and unless another team is willing to compensate the broncos with what they want,marshall will be stuck in denver.
because it appears he is not valuable enough to the rest of the league to warrant a high draft choice and a large contract.
i'm pretty sure the broncos could care less if some other team wants marshall and will pay him more money.....if they dont get what they want out of the deal;)

Thnikkaman
04-13-2010, 10:36 AM
It looks like they are just meeting with his agent.

Zweems56
04-13-2010, 10:36 AM
@michaelombardi: NO meeting today between the #Broncos and Marshall..http://bit.ly/bsqlel

According to lombardi, No meeting? He posted link, but it contains no info on Marshall. Sent him a tweet asking him to elaborate. Will post results if he does.

Lancane
04-13-2010, 10:37 AM

There will be conversation today between Broncos star receiver Brandon Marshall and coach Josh McDaniels. General manager Brian Xanders may also be involved in the talk.

For now, not much should be read into the scheduled conversation. Marshall is to speak with the Broncos' bosses by phone, not in person. And Marshall, a restricted free agent, is still expected to be traded, if not during during next week's draft, then shortly thereafter.

The talk between McDaniels and Marshall — their first since the coach called to congratulate his receiver during Pro Bowl week in late-January — may have been stimulated by the Santonio Holmes trade on Sunday, and by the impending offer-sheet deadline. Restricted free agents have until Thursday to receive an offer from other teams.

The Pittsburgh Steelers dealt Holmes, one of their top two receivers who is less than two years removed from winning the Super Bowl XLIII MVP award, to the New York Jets for a fifth-round draft pick.

That trade doesn't figure to help the Broncos get what they consider fair trade value for Marshall, who was tendered with a first-round draft pick compensation and $2.512 million salary.

There is more to this then what some columnist at the Denver Post believes or doesn’t, why waste the time and energy if there is nothing to say? And that is the implication that the writer is insinuating with this article. Meaning that Denver’s brass has something they want to relay to Marshall…like a trade offer with a team that has not met with him and to see how he feels about it. Or they may throw up that the market is not so hot and they would still offer him the same contract as they did previously.

As Rav pointed out, he does not have to sign his tender to be traded only after and I’m not sure what the process is if he does refuse to do such. But all in all I highly doubt that Denver is just wasting their time to call and check on him…so something else is afoot.

T.K.O.
04-13-2010, 10:38 AM
Really hope they offer him an extension with some guaranteed money. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

i dont think that's happening today.that would be something pre-arranged with his agent and since marshall is already in denver,it would be face to face.
unfortunately since it is a phone meeting,it points to a "well what you gonna do brandon? "or a "we've made our decision thing"

i am really hoping for a mending of fences as a pre-contract talk call...but i don't get that feeling.
then again i'm just a uninformed fan making uninformed speculation,so i most likely am wrong on all fronts:laugh:
carry on.....

T.K.O.
04-13-2010, 10:39 AM

ooooh... now that may be a good thing.

Italianmobstr7
04-13-2010, 10:41 AM
i dont think that's happening today.that would be something pre-arranged with his agent and since marshall is already in denver,it would be face to face.
unfortunately since it is a phone meeting,it points to a "well what you gonna do brandon? "or a "we've made our decision thing"

i am really hoping for a mending of fences as a pre-contract talk call...but i don't get that feeling.
then again i'm just a uninformed fan making uninformed speculation,so i most likely am wrong on all fronts:laugh:
carry on.....

I'm just hoping in general that's what happens. Maybe not today, but I hope that's how this whole Brandon Marshall deal goes down. We need to offer him a long term contract, w/ top 5 WR money and some guaranteed money behind it. He's our best player and I don't want to find out what our offense will be like without him around.

TXBRONC
04-13-2010, 10:42 AM

Maybe depending on what you think is a good thing.

Lancane
04-13-2010, 10:45 AM

It still points to the same thing, there is something important that the Denver brass want to relay to Marshall. If it is just with his agent then there is a good chance that it regards simply a trade probability or a contract.

topscribe
04-13-2010, 10:46 AM

Not quite accurate, IIRC. Cutler asked McDaniels to guarantee McDaniels would
not trade him, to which McDaniels would provide a guarantee to no player on
the team. It always seemed to me that the arrogance was Cutler's.

Regarding Marshall, McDaniels has shown him more affection than any other
player on the team. It is my impression that the disagreement is purely
financial and nothing more . . . and both sides have implied that.

-----

Ravage!!!
04-13-2010, 10:46 AM
The smart move would be for Marshall to swallow his pride and arrogance, and finally sign whatever deal the broncos offer.
He needs to realize that the broncos are not going to care about what a team is willing to pay him,he is a "restricted free agent", just because a team is unwilling to part with a first round pick does not mean they are not willing to sign him to a long-term contract and marshall needs to understand that!
and unless another team is willing to compensate the broncos with what they want,marshall will be stuck in denver.
because it appears he is not valuable enough to the rest of the league to warrant a high draft choice and a large contract.
i'm pretty sure the broncos could care less if some other team wants marshall and will pay him more money.....if they dont get what they want out of the deal;)

I disagree with ou here. I don't think its about Marshall's pride and arrogance at all. He's been playing at elite level, and getting paid 'squat' in comparison. He put his career at risk. Why would he sign "whatever deal" the Broncos offer???? :confused: How is that the smart thing to do?

I don't know what the other teams not willing to give up as far as draft picks have to do with anything. Marshall doesn't care what the Broncos get for him. He knows he'll get a long-term contract with another team.

just because a team is unwilling to part with a first round pick does not mean they are not willing to sign him to a long-term contract and marshall needs to understand that!

I think he very much understands that, and that is what he is thinking. Thats exactly right, so I don't know how this makes your point about Marshall should 'sign' anything. How about the Broncos (McD) put aside their ego and arrogance and offer him a long-term contract like the other team will?

You aren't taking into account that McD wants Marshall out, and every GM/coach knows this. They know Marshall is not going to be a Bronco, and they aren't going to offer more than the very veyr minimum they can for him. Why would they? No player in the NFL got a high round offer made.

Italianmobstr7
04-13-2010, 10:49 AM
ruh roh raggy..........

Drew Rosenhaus made his weekly appearance on South Florida TV on Sunday and said that his client, Brandon Marshall, will be traded for a second-round pick as well as another lesser pick.

There are several teams that have been reported to have interest, most notably the Seattle Seahawks.

Jeff Legwold of the Denver Post recently polled a handful of personnel executives from around the league and the consensus was that Marshall would indeed be traded by draft day for less than a first-round pick.

Basically the belief is that head coach Josh McDaniels and Marshall will be unable to coexist next season despite their recent comments on the contrary. There is a lot of friction there and it just doesn't appear that they can get past this.

While the Seahawks appear to be the most likely landing spot, the Washington Redskins as well as some other suitors shouldn't be ruled out just yet.

There are a lot of teams out there that could use Marshall's services. He's a very talented wideout, and at 26-years-old, is only going to get better with age.

Talks should really begin to heat up as the draft draws closer, but at the moment the price tag appears to be a second-round pick and possibly a third- or fourth-round pick as well.

That may be a steep price to pay, considering Anquan Boldin was traded from the Arizona Cardinals to the Baltimore Ravens earlier this year for a third- and fourth-round pick.

Of course Boldin is two years older than Marshall and has had a history of injury problems. So Marshall's value might be worth the price.

If Rosenhaus is right, it's only a matter of time before Marshall has a new home. This appears to be one player fueling the trade

This article is from a blog on bleacherreport.com. It's bull. Drew isn't even Brandon's agent. Kennard McGuire is.

Lancane
04-13-2010, 10:49 AM
the team. It always seemed to me that that arrogance was Cutler's.

-----

Could be, I won't deny the fact that Cutler himself was arrogant, especially due to Bowlen's continual praise after Shanahan's release. But it does not change the fact that McDaniels himself is arrogant to a point which could be detrimental to the organization in whole.

I disagree with the Marshall affection that you are pointing to, it's more like damage control, make the people believe this or that. If McDaniels was really that sold on Marshall, then he would have made it priority to relay that to him and make him understand as much. Even going into his corner regarding the need to get him a contract?

Italianmobstr7
04-13-2010, 10:51 AM
Just reported on ESPN Sportscenter per Adam Schefter: Multiple insiders around the NFL expect Brandon Marshall to be traded. If not by the Thursday deadline then sometime next week around the NFL draft.

THAT BLOWS.

Nomad
04-13-2010, 10:51 AM
ruh roh raggy..........

I read where the Texans owner said most teams can't afford some of these contracts! In my small world of making 5 digits a year, I can't comprehend that. But I also read where teams, including the Raiders, are going away from 'character concern' players and won't pay the price if they have the record or concerns! I believe this to be true because the players are starting to believe they are bigger than the game now and no matter what they do there is no consequences. So in other words, it wouldn't surprise me Denver doesn't get a first for Marshall and Marshall doesn't get the contract he is looking for with his new team because of his liability!!

topscribe
04-13-2010, 10:54 AM
Could be, I won't deny the fact that Cutler himself was arrogant, especially due to Bowlen's continual praise after Shanahan's release.

I disagree with the Marshall affection that you are pointing to, it's more like damage control, make the people believe this or that. If McDaniels was really that sold on Marshall, then he would have made it priority to relay that to him and make him understand as much. Even going into his corner regarding the need to get him a contract?

Cane, McDaniels and Marshall hugged each other all last year.

And who knows what McDaniels has imparted to Marshall, regarding his contract?
I don't believe the contract issue is solely up to McDaniels. Xanders is in on it,
too . . . which might be the reason Marshall is coming in.

-----

TXBRONC
04-13-2010, 10:54 AM
Just reported on ESPN Sportscenter per Adam Schefter: Multiple insiders around the NFL expect Brandon Marshall to be traded. If not by the Thursday deadline then sometime next week around the NFL draft.

THAT BLOWS.

If this is true I would be surprised it's a trade with the Steelers and be surprised if the compensation was less than a first round pick.

T.K.O.
04-13-2010, 10:55 AM
I disagree with ou here. I don't think its about Marshall's pride and arrogance at all. He's been playing at elite level, and getting paid 'squat' in comparison. He put his career at risk. Why would he sign "whatever deal" the Broncos offer???? :confused: How is that the smart thing to do?

I don't know what the other teams not willing to give up as far as draft picks have to do with anything. Marshall doesn't care what the Broncos get for him. He knows he'll get a long-term contract with another team.

I think he very much understands that, and that is what he is thinking. Thats exactly right, so I don't know how this makes your point about Marshall should 'sign' anything. How about the Broncos (McD) put aside their ego and arrogance and offer him a long-term contract like the other team will?

You aren't taking into account that McD wants Marshall out, and every GM/coach knows this. They know Marshall is not going to be a Bronco, and they aren't going to offer more than the very veyr minimum they can for him. Why would they? No player in the NFL got a high round offer made.

actually i butchered a comment by lancane in an attempt to show that all the points made about the broncos and mcd could be "twisted" into a similar arguement against marshall.
both sides are in a tough spot because of the cba and marshall's off field issues.
i would love for the 2 sides to come to terms and find common ground.i really think it would be best for everyone.
marshall is worth a ton more than the 2.5 mil tender and frankly i'm surprised that a deal has'nt been done by either the broncos or another team offering a 1st.
but the lack of a cba has teams (owners) asserting their power over rfa's and marshall has to realize it's just bad timing for him and 200+ other guys.
everything can't be made into an "ego struggle" or placed on mcD for having an attitude problem.

topscribe
04-13-2010, 10:55 AM

THAT BLOWS.

They are guessing. They don't know any more than you or I.

If they did, we would have already read about it.

-----

Italianmobstr7
04-13-2010, 10:56 AM
If this is true I would be surprised it's a trade with the Steelers and be surprised if the compensation was less than a first round pick.

Why would the Steelers get rid of 1 troubled WR and try to get another one? I doubt it's the Steelers. An article I read a while ago say there are some teams interested that no one knows about. There's been more interest in Marshall than thought before, which really opens the door for a lot of things. I wouldn't be surprised if Miami makes a play for him.

Lancane
04-13-2010, 10:58 AM

THAT BLOWS.

Expectation is far different then reality...we can expect gold to fall from the heavens, when in reality it's just bird shit!

There is a chance this is so, but there is a chance (expectation) that it is not so. The meeting today could be regarding either position and they know as much as us right now...not a whole hell of a lot.

Ravage!!!
04-13-2010, 10:58 AM
They hugged during a game... wow. I hugged people on my own team that I hated after making big plays or interceptions. That proves absolutely nothing.

There has been absolutely no sign, to me (and apparently many others) that Marshall and McD are on good terms.

Ravage!!!
04-13-2010, 10:59 AM
actually i butchered a comment by lancane in an attempt to show that all the points made about the broncos and mcd could be "twisted" into a similar arguement against marshall.
both sides are in a tough spot because of the cba and marshall's off field issues.
i would love for the 2 sides to come to terms and find common ground.i really think it would be best for everyone.
marshall is worth a ton more than the 2.5 mil tender and frankly i'm surprised that a deal has'nt been done by either the broncos or another team offering a 1st.
but the lack of a cba has teams (owners) asserting their power over rfa's and marshall has to realize it's just bad timing for him and 200+ other guys.
everything can't be made into an "ego struggle" or placed on mcD for having an attitude problem.

Absolutely agree 99% :thumbsup: ( I think many of the problems kind of land on McD's ego issues and inabilities to deal with players/people)

topscribe
04-13-2010, 11:02 AM
They hugged during a game... wow. I hugged people on my own team that I hated after making big plays or interceptions. That proves absolutely nothing.

There has been absolutely no sign, to me (and apparently many others) that Marshall and McD are on good terms.

I didn't mention just one game, Ravage.

I said they hugged all year.

Who else interrupted McDaniels' press conference to hug him?

Whom else did we (well, some of us, apparently) see McDaniels hug five or six times during games last year?

-----

Ravage!!!
04-13-2010, 11:03 AM

THAT BLOWS.

They don't know any more than you and I???? Isn't this Adam Schefter? The guy that people KNOW is the one with the inside sources?? How can people say that he's purely guessing? :lol: Some just choose to be blind, I think. :lol:

Italian, this DOES Blow.....but I think we saw this happening. At least its not blindside like the Steelers and Holmes. :tsk:

TXBRONC
04-13-2010, 11:03 AM
Why would the Steelers get rid of 1 troubled WR and try to get another one? I doubt it's the Steelers. An article I read a while ago say there are some teams interested that no one knows about. There's been more interest in Marshall than thought before, which really opens the door for a lot of things. I wouldn't be surprised if Miami makes a play for him.

Just a gut feeling. He is from that area, and maybe they are willing roll the dice thinking that a change of scenery will help. The Steelers also fit the mold of one of those interested teams that no one knows about.

Ravage!!!
04-13-2010, 11:04 AM
Read veeeryyyy slowly, Ravage. I know it takes a while . . .

They ... hugged ... all ... last ... year.

Whom else did we (well, some of us, apparently) see McDaniels hug five or six times during games last year?

Now, about those reading comprehension classes . . .

-----

Yeah.. .keep 'Reading' into things, there, top... and then watch veeeeryyyy slowly as Marshall walks away to another team.... I know it takes a while. Keep telling yourself that they were just best pals, if that makes you feel better :lol:

Dirk
04-13-2010, 11:04 AM
Sign him or trade him. Get it over with already!

topscribe
04-13-2010, 11:05 AM
They don't know any more than you and I???? Isn't this Adam Schefter? The guy that people KNOW is the one with the inside sources?? How can people say that he's purely guessing? :lol: Some just choose to be blind, I think. :lol:

Italian, this DOES Blow.....but I think we saw this happening. At least its not blindside like the Steelers and Holmes. :tsk:

Ravage, Schefter is a reporter, a journalist. We know what he knows. That is his job.

-----

Lancane
04-13-2010, 11:05 AM

-----

Top, Rav does have a valid point as do you. It could be either or...I would hug Coach Saban after a good play as did others and no one really liked his ass...lol.

But I give you that it could be as you say and they are actually on better terms then the masses do.

topscribe
04-13-2010, 11:07 AM
Yeah.. .keep 'Reading' into things, there, top... and then watch veeeeryyyy slowly as Marshall walks away to another team.... I know it takes a while. Keep telling yourself that they were just best pals, if that makes you feel better :lol:

You are the one reading into things. If Marshall goes to another team, how does
that contradict anything I said?

I said that I don't know. You are the one making predictions. Stop making what
I say something it is not.

-----

Italianmobstr7
04-13-2010, 11:07 AM
I'm still curious as to why Michael Lombardi posted that there's no meeting. Maybe he means no face to face meeting. I've seen from the article Carol posted and an article on PFT that says it's going to be a phone conversation.

topscribe
04-13-2010, 11:09 AM
Top, Rav does have a valid point as do you. It could be either or...I use to hug Coach Saban after a good play as did others and no one really liked his ass...lol.

But I give you that it could be as you say and they are actually on better terms then the masses do.

Cane, the fact is, I have no point, just an opinion. I am only trying to impart what
has already happened. I then said nobody knows for sure!!

Now, what point was it you thought I had?

-----

Ravage!!!
04-13-2010, 11:09 AM
Ravage, Schefter is a reporter, a journalist. We know what he knows. That is his job.

-----

Thats not true at all. He keeps his inside sources because he doesn't release information until he is "OK'd" by his sources to do so. Otherwise, no one would dare tell him anything on the 'down low.'

Scheffter reported what he knew, and gave as much as he 'could' at this point in time. Don't be foolish into thinking that reporters report every ounce they know.

I know for a fact that many online personalities know a TON of inside stories about professional athletes, that they don't share. They talk sports all day, talk gossip and facts, yet they know what they were told in confidence and don't share it.....because then NO ONE would share anything with them again.

topscribe
04-13-2010, 11:10 AM
Thats not true at all. He keeps his inside sources because he doesn't release information until he is "OK'd" by his sources to do so. Otherwise, no one would dare tell him anything on the 'down low.'

Scheffter reported what he knew, and gave as much as he 'could' at this point in time. Don't be foolish into thinking that reporters report every ounce they know.

I know for a fact that many online personalities know a TON of inside stories about professional athletes, that they don't share. They talk sports all day, talk gossip and facts, yet they know what they were told in confidence and don't share it.....because then NO ONE would share anything with them again.

Please stop making what I say something it is not.

-----

Northman
04-13-2010, 11:11 AM
Seriously?

M. Schottenheimer
Shanahan
Billick
Holmgren
Gruden
Bellichick

Shanahan- 2-0 SB
Billick- 1-0 SB
Holmgren- 1-1 SB
Gruden- 1-0 SB
Bellichick- 3-1 SB

5 guys with egos and a 8-2 record in SB's. Ill take it.

Nomad
04-13-2010, 11:12 AM
I'm still curious as to why Michael Lombardi posted that there's no meeting. Maybe he means no face to face meeting. I've seen from the article Carol posted and an article on PFT that says it's going to be a phone conversation.

They're all making false reports so they can get the fans on the BRONCO forums all wound up:D! It's like throwing a rock at a hornets nest from a distance!! (BTW, I know they couldn't give a crap what people say on forums)

Northman
04-13-2010, 11:12 AM
I will always remember Marshall for saying he couldn't practice because he couldn't breath in the cold. I lost all respect for him once I had found that out.

:lol:

Yea, that was classic.

Lancane
04-13-2010, 11:13 AM
What the hell? Can anybody read here? I HAVE NO POINT!! I am only trying to
impart what has already happened. I then said nobody knows for sure!!

Now, what point was it you thought I had? :tsk:

-----

Take a deep breath and calm the hell down, I was giving you credit that you're more then likely correct and that no one really knows except those involved, that it could be either or...

Sheesh, having a bad day? :laugh:

topscribe
04-13-2010, 11:14 AM
Take a deep breath and calm the hell down, I was giving you credit that you're more then likely correct and that no one really knows except those involved, that it could be either or...

Sheesh, having a bad day? :laugh:

I reported what has already happened, then gave my impression as my impression.

I don't need someone such as that other poster to be laughing at me.

-----

Ravage!!!
04-13-2010, 11:15 AM

-----

Cane, McDaniels and Marshall hugged each other all last year.

And who knows what McDaniels has imparted to Marshall, regarding his contract?
I don't believe the contract issue is solely up to McDaniels. Xanders is in on it,
too . . . which might be the reason Marshall is coming in.

-----

You are the one reading into things. If Marshall goes to another team, how does
that contradict anything I said?

I said that I don't know. You are the one making predictions. Stop making what
I say something it is not.

-----

Tell me, top. SHow me where you said "you don't know".. and then point out how are aren't making any kind of point???

Northman
04-13-2010, 11:16 AM

THAT BLOWS.

Well, at least its being handled. Thanks Brandon, good luck wherever you land.

Ravage!!!
04-13-2010, 11:18 AM

-----

Stop making what I say something it is not.

How about you do some honest reporting?

-----

:lol: How is that making what you say something it is not? Top, you keep trying to insinuate, and then don't stand behind your words when you are called on them.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-13-2010, 11:19 AM

Who is stating that it is agent only?

underrated29
04-13-2010, 11:19 AM
We are going to get Ripped the F off and I am going to set a bunch of rabbits on fire for it......:mad:

He is worth atleast a 1st. Take it or leave it, dont settle for less JMFMCD!

Ravage!!!
04-13-2010, 11:20 AM
You have a fetish when it comes to me, or what? It seems when I post, you
attach yourself to me like a leech. Take a hike, Ravage.

-----

Likewise, top. Please..... make it a long one

Northman

I dont think he will go to the Steelers but i do think it will be less than a first rounder.

Italianmobstr7
They're all making false reports so they can get the fans on the BRONCO forums all wound up:D! It's like throwing a rock at a hornets nest from a distance!! (BTW, I know they couldn't give a crap what people say on forums)

Josina Anderson just sent me a direct message on Twitter saying: They are huddling over the phone not in person. Lombardi and National Football Post reported it was in person meeting. That just misconstrued. Actually another reporter from National Football Post tweetedwrote it was in person meeting... Lombardi was clarifying.

She sent that to me in 3 direct messages.

Ravage!!!
04-13-2010, 11:21 AM
We are going to get Ripped the F off and I am going to set a bunch of rabbits on fire for it......:mad:

He is worth atleast a 1st. Take it or leave it, dont settle for less JMFMCD!

wow :lol: Rabbits on fire?

Lancane
04-13-2010, 11:21 AM
I reported what has already happened, then gave my impression as my impression.

I don't need someone such as that other poster to be laughing at me.

-----

We’ve known each other for quite a while and we may not see eye to eye on everything…your opinions are yours and I’ve always stated that people should believe what they will or want to, it’s not our place to try and force their way of thinking to change. And I also happen to agree that at times when people laugh or degrade you because you express yourself it’s a bit irritating if not upsetting.

I’m sorry, I was not laughing at you and totally understood the point view you were expressing and that was what I was letting you know.

Ravage!!!
04-13-2010, 11:22 AM
I dont think he will go to the Steelers but i do think it will be less than a first rounder.

I think its almost a guarantee that its less than a 1st. Would be interesting if its the Steelers. Would be a shock, but pretty damned interesting.

Nomad
04-13-2010, 11:23 AM

Steelers are taking Iupati with their first pick and Mendanhall/Big Ben will be a happy campers!

Nomad
04-13-2010, 11:24 AM
Josina Anderson just sent me a direct message saying: They are huddling over the phone not in person. Lombardi and National Football Post reported it was in person meeting. That just misconstrued. Actually another reporter from National Football Post tweetedwrote it was in person meeting... Lombardi was clarifying.

Take that post in jest, because whatever happens this thread surely got people wound up!!:lol:

Ravage!!!
04-13-2010, 11:25 AM
I did not address you when I gave my opinion.

Now, stand down, Ravage.

-----

Top.... we all know that people can quote, and DO quote, from many conversations on here. That is what the message board is about. If you want me to stand down, then all you need to do is back off...topscribe. Don't try to bully me. You want to snipe and give sarcastic replies to everything I post. you always have. So, you simply reap what you sow, with me.

Zweems56
04-13-2010, 11:26 AM
Michael Lombardi
@gzweemer I have nothing to add, other than the report of a meeting today is not true

Sent to me from Lombardi.

GEM
04-13-2010, 11:29 AM
Alright, knock it off with the personal stuff.

Northman
04-13-2010, 11:29 AM
*North dusts himself off and puts on Mod uniform*

Back on topic people!

Northman
04-13-2010, 11:30 AM
Alright, knock it off with the personal stuff.

Now you show up. :lol:

Italianmobstr7
04-13-2010, 11:30 AM
Take that post in jest, because whatever happens this thread surely got people wound up!!:lol:

Yeah, when she said "huddling" I'm pretty sure everyone, including myself thought they were having a face to face meeting. Apparently BM is in LA doing a photoshoot and meeting with the producers of the TV show "The League." today. So I assume the phone call will take place sometime later today. Hope it's good news for us, but "inside sources" don't seem to think so.

topscribe
04-13-2010, 11:31 AM

Back on topic people!

Which is not "topscribe."

Thank you.

-----

GEM
04-13-2010, 11:32 AM
Which is not "topscribe."

Thank you.

-----

Both of you got personal....I'm not here to referee, I'm here to ask that you BOTH knock it off.

Timmy!
04-13-2010, 11:33 AM
I can't see how Marshall is still a Bronco after the draft, I just don't think it's going to happen. I also doubt we get a 1st round pick. If he's gone, I hope it's to an NFC team for a 2nd and 3rd or a 2nd and a player who doesn't totally suck. Just get it over with one way or the other already and move on.

Italianmobstr7
04-13-2010, 11:34 AM
@michaelombardi Can you elaborate on "no meeting" What changed in the last hour, or was it a mistake in the first place?

michaelombardi
@RonGreco I was told nothing new, not sure what changed

Northman
04-13-2010, 11:35 AM
I can't see how Marshall is still a Bronco after the draft, I just don't think it's going to happen. I also doubt we get a 1st round pick. If he's gone, I hope it's to an NFC team for a 2nd and 3rd or a 2nd and a player who doesn't totally suck. Just get it over with one way or the other already and move on.

Yea, it would seem that way.

Nomad
04-13-2010, 11:37 AM

Back on topic people!

Anytime you see a new Marshall thread, you have to put the reserves/swat teams on standby!!:D Just wait until a move is made, may have to call in the National Guard!!:D

Denver Native (Carol)
04-13-2010, 11:37 AM
Josina Anderson just sent me a direct message on Twitter saying: They are huddling over the phone not in person. Lombardi and National Football Post reported it was in person meeting. That just misconstrued. Actually another reporter from National Football Post tweetedwrote it was in person meeting... Lombardi was clarifying.

That is the same thing that the denver post article stated - phone only.

topscribe
04-13-2010, 11:38 AM
Both of you got personal....I'm not here to referee, I'm here to ask that you BOTH knock it off.

Thank you. So I agree: :focus:

-----

Lancane
04-13-2010, 11:41 AM
According to my friend(s) per email in Florida, all three Floridian NFL Franchises have contacted Denver regarding Brandon Marshall. Each has their own take on it, but all three agree that Tampa Bay is the front runner followed by Miami.

Another take is that according to one who knows the Rooney family well enough, is that Pittsburgh is also in the mix and will likely offer their second round pick plus possibly three fifth round picks.

underrated29
04-13-2010, 11:42 AM
No one mentions the giants. I think despite their wr they would be in the sweepstakes.

Ravage!!!
04-13-2010, 11:42 AM
According to my friend(s) per email in Florida, all three Floridian NFL Franchises have contacted Denver regarding Brandon Marshall. Each has their own take on it, but all three agree that Tampa Bay is the front runner followed by Miami.

Another take is that according to one who knows the Rooney family well enough, is that Pittsburgh is also in the mix and will likely offer their second round pick plus possibly three fifth round picks.

a 2nd and THREE 5th round picks? thats interesting

Ravage!!!
04-13-2010, 11:44 AM
No one mentions the giants. I think despite their wr they would be in the sweepstakes.

They should be. I think he would be a great addition to their team. I know they were one of the first teams I thought of when the offseason came about, and the Marshall talks started. Manning would love to have that kind of presence

underrated29
04-13-2010, 11:44 AM

I could handle tampas 2 2nds. I do not want 3 5th rd picks. What the F are we suppsed to do with that...How often do the 5th rd players actually make the team anyway.......not that often...So brandon for a 2nd and a bunch of potentials who probably wont make the team..

NO THANKS!- come on Josh, now you answer your phone and say NO THANKS!

arapaho2
04-13-2010, 11:47 AM

-----
not quite right top...cutler did request a statment face to face from mcd that he would not trade him..true...but it was only after mcd tried to trade him for a lessor quality qb that attempt came after mcd stated he came to denver because of the chance to work with cutler!!

as a franchise qb...the youngest afc qb to make the probowl..the face of the franchise....it surely isnt to much to ask...mcd refused

it also came after mcd lied about the whole issue, by saying he never tried to trade jay ..only entertained calls but never meant to trade him...so if he only listened to calls, came here because he wanted to work with the qb....then why not at least behind closed doors in a private meeting say...jay i will not trade you..can we move on now

he couldnt because he had no intention of keeping shannahans star pupil

whats stupid is you all state its the bellichek way..no one player above the team...but i guarantee bill would never have tried to trade brady going into his forth season..and if brady asked for assurances..they would have come without hesitation...you will not be traded

five words ...five simple words coming from a rookie hc to a frachise qb ....could have propelled us into great hieghts if spoken honestly...or into the depths of trying to make do with average qbs if withheld

WARHORSE
04-13-2010, 11:48 AM

THAT BLOWS.

Multiple insiders around the league expect BM to be traded............ok, that has been since we began the offseason.

If not by the Thursday deadline, then somtime next week around the NFL draft.............wow, earthbending news.........who didnt figure this one out?

Im disappointed in Schefter.......nothing different in this statement than a shortened timeline.

topscribe
04-13-2010, 11:49 AM
not quite right top...cutler did request a statment face to face from mcd that he would not trade him..true...but it was only after mcd tried to trade him for a lessor quality qb that attempt came after mcd stated he came to denver because of the chance to work with cutler!!

as a franchise qb...the youngest afc qb to make the probowl..the face of the franchise....it surely isnt to much to ask...mcd refused

it also came after mcd lied about the whole issue, by saying he never tried to trade jay ..only entertained calls but never meant to trade him...so if he only listened to calls, came here because he wanted to work with the qb....then why not at least behind closed doors in a private meeting say...jay i will not trade you..can we move on now

he couldnt because he had no intention of keeping shannahans star pupil

whats stupid is you all state its the bellichek way..no one player above the team...but i guarantee bill would never have tried to trade brady going into his forth season..and if brady asked for assurances..they would have come without hesitation...you will not be traded

five words ...five simple words coming from a rookie hc to a frachise qb ....could have propelled us into great hieghts if spoken honestly...or into the depths of trying to make do with average qbs if withheld

Noted. And thank you for your demonstration on how to disagree. :beer:

-----

Ravage!!!
04-13-2010, 11:50 AM
I could handle tampas 2 2nds. I do not want 3 5th rd picks. What the F are we suppsed to do with that...How often do the 5th rd players actually make the team anyway.......not that often...So brandon for a 2nd and a bunch of potentials who probably wont make the team..

I don't know man.... there are a LOT of OLman that are are very solid starters in the NFL that have come from the 5th round. A lot of solid players all over the NFL are from 5th and on. Not all the players in the NFL are from the first couple rounds. Don't discount 5th round picks so quickly, especially in a deep draft. I think 3 fifths can give us some picks to really add depth in OL, DL..LB.. CB.. WR? Special teams? Thats pretty good. We aren't going to get 2 second round picks, thats for certain.

CoachChaz
04-13-2010, 11:50 AM
Why are the Giants an option? Steve Smith stepped up and caught 100 balls, Nicks had a very nice rookie season, Manningham is a great 3rd option and they still have Barden.

Miami is a very wise choice, but I dont think they want to give up #12. If they can move back a little and add a 3rd, i think they'd give up a first for Marshall.

WARHORSE
04-13-2010, 11:53 AM

Source?

Lancane
04-13-2010, 11:55 AM

I think you would be surprised by the number of starters that were taken between the fourth and sixth rounds in the draft.

Ravage!!!
04-13-2010, 11:56 AM
Why are the Giants an option? Steve Smith stepped up and caught 100 balls, Nicks had a very nice rookie season, Manningham is a great 3rd option and they still have Barden.

Miami is a very wise choice, but I dont think they want to give up #12. If they can move back a little and add a 3rd, i think they'd give up a first for Marshall.

All true. Manningham dropped off like a rock, after the first few games of success. That could be because he's young, or... because no one knew anything about him in the first few games and didn't take much after that to shut him down.

I really liked Nicks... he's the burner on the outside.

But although I have no idea if they would be interested, they also know that they still have the 'core' of players that won their last SB still on the team. Waiting too long after that appearance just makes things tougher to get back. Adding a presence like Marshall could be something that more than makes up for that Plaxico they had. Just giving more clout to Nicks and Smith

Dirk
04-13-2010, 11:58 AM
Shanahan- 2-0 SB
Billick- 1-0 SB
Holmgren- 1-1 SB
Gruden- 1-0 SB
Bellichick- 3-1 SB

5 guys with egos and a 8-2 record in SB's. Ill take it.

So Ego isn't a bad thing I guess. :coffee:

Lancane
04-13-2010, 11:58 AM
Source?

Inside sources War, or I would have quoted their emails and the txt messages they sent me.

CoachChaz
04-13-2010, 12:01 PM
All true. Manningham dropped off like a rock, after the first few games of success. That could be because he's young, or... because no one knew anything about him in the first few games and didn't take much after that to shut him down.

I really liked Nicks... he's the burner on the outside.

But although I have no idea if they would be interested, they also know that they still have the 'core' of players that won their last SB still on the team. Waiting too long after that appearance just makes things tougher to get back. Adding a presence like Marshall could be something that more than makes up for that Plaxico they had. Just giving more clout to Nicks and Smith

I could see adding a different 3rd option if the price was right, but does something as "significant" as Marshall make sense? A 5th for Holmes would make much more sense for them than a 1st or 2nd for Marshall. They have to spend that first rounder on McClain or Weatherspoon and need to get DB help in the 2nd.

I just think they have bigger needs than adding a #1 receiver to the two young studs they already have. Filling the other holes will get them back to the SB faster than adding another option to try to spread balls around to

WARHORSE
04-13-2010, 12:02 PM
Inside sources War, or I would have quoted their emails and the txt messages they sent me.

These are personal friends in the orgs then?

I thought you were posting a blog. Serry dude.......:D

arapaho2
04-13-2010, 12:05 PM

-----

well i get your point on the prior few posts ..specifically that xanders may have some say

and that although showing friedly gestures all season...it might not mean anything at all...seems to me it was marshall leading off any "hugs"

however i fully believe that while xanders may be either negotiating with players or not...if mcd told him flat out...get marshall signed and here for ota's..it would be done

WARHORSE
04-13-2010, 12:06 PM
DENVER - FOX31 sports has learned the Denver Broncos and their Pro Bowl wide receiver Brandon Marshall plan to formally talk on Tuesday.

Sources told FOX31's Josina Anderson Tuesday morning via text, “Marshall to huddle with Broncos today about future.”

The Broncos offered a first-round restricted free agent tender on their top offensive target totaling $2.521 million on March 3.

Three days later Marshall went on his first visit with the Seattle Seahawks.

In the meantime, Fox31 Sports has learned that there has been more interest in Marshall’s services than what has been reported, including from some teams many would not expect.

Marshall has until April 15 to sign an offer sheet from another club as a restricted free agent. If Marshall is still unsigned to his tender with Denver on June 1, the Denver Broncos must re-issue that same tender to Marshall at that time.

Thereafter, Marshall would have 14 days to accept it. If Marshall declines, on June 15 the Broncos can tender him to 10 percent increase to his 2009 salary to retain exclusive rights to him.

Marshall recorded 101 catches for 1,120 yards last season in only 15 games of action. He did not play in the reguar-season finale, a 44-24 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs.

Marshall set the NFL's single-game record for receptions with 21 against the Indianapolis Colts Dec. 13, 2009.

:coffee:

So Fox is reporting a number of teams interested now.........good.

My thought on this whole meeting, or phone conversation............:coffee:

topscribe
04-13-2010, 12:09 PM
well i get your point on the prior few posts ..specifically that xanders may have some say

and that although showing friedly gestures all season...it might not mean anything at all...seems to me it was marshall leading off any "hugs"

however i fully believe that while xanders may be either negotiating with players or not...if mcd told him flat out...get marshall signed and here for ota's..it would be done

Well, in the end, it is a business, as we're so often reminded. I do believe, from all
signs, that McDaniels and Marshall have a good personal relationship and that
their schism is purely financial. But, of course, that is all it would take. They would
probably go on remaining friends . . . just someplace else, if it came to that.

IMO

-----

arapaho2
04-13-2010, 12:09 PM
So Ego isn't a bad thing I guess. :coffee:

differance is those coaches and thier egos came in and improved on what was good and fixed what was bad

our ego came in and destroyed what was good....fixed what was bad

underrated29
04-13-2010, 12:10 PM

Right, Mclainn would be a big need for them. But Manningham has stone hands. He has the physical traits, size speed, but the dude cant catch for his life. So really imo its smith, hakeem and ramses barden who is a ?.....

The giants thrived when they had a Plax type player, it opened up the whole offense. Brandon could do that again for them. Not saying they would send a 1 for him, but to me they seem like they should atleast be in play for him. Not necessecerily in pursiut.

Ravage!!!
04-13-2010, 12:11 PM
I could see adding a different 3rd option if the price was right, but does something as "significant" as Marshall make sense? A 5th for Holmes would make much more sense for them than a 1st or 2nd for Marshall. They have to spend that first rounder on McClain or Weatherspoon and need to get DB help in the 2nd.

I just think they have bigger needs than adding a #1 receiver to the two young studs they already have. Filling the other holes will get them back to the SB faster than adding another option to try to spread balls around to

I know they don't have to give up a 1st... but depending on the package.. a 2nd and a player could give them the true #1.

Again... was just a team I thought of at the beginning of the year....Nicks and Smith stepped up big, and the Giants may feel they absolutely may not need one. I'm not sure that both are studs. I think we will see a dramatic fall in prodution from their WRs this year.

WARHORSE
04-13-2010, 12:12 PM
A number of things could be promting a discussion.

It may be that Denver has an offer on the table they will accept, and want Brandon to sign tender.

It may be that they dont feel they will get value, so they want to talk to BM about playing the coming season....possibly at higher money than the tendered amount considering he is not garnering much interest. In other words, "Brandon, we cant get what we feel is fair market value for you....What is your take? Would you consider playing the year at 6 mil, doing well, and then hitting free agency next year, or building more interest as a RFA next year?"

It may be that a team has told Denver that if it can trade down in the draft, they will give up a first for him, but we wont know till draft day, we need you to sign your tender.

Or, it may be another contract offer that Brandon may now be open to seeing that there is not alot of interest in him.

Lots of scenarios could be playing out.

All of them..........possibilities.

turftoad
04-13-2010, 12:14 PM
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on April 13, 2010 11:58 AM ET
The slow pace to Brandon Marshall's trade talks should pick up with the NFL Draft finally almost here.

A report came out this morning that Marshall and Broncos management will huddle Tuesday, getting Marshall's name back in the news. That talk will take place on the phone, not in person, according to Mike Klis of the Denver Post.

Santonio Holmes' trade doesn't figure to help the Broncos get fair value for Marshall, but they are different cases. The Steelers were prepared to release Holmes; we think the Broncos could live with taking Marshall back if they don't get any decent offers.

Meanwhile, KDVR's Josina Anderson reports that "some teams many would not expect" have shown interest in Marshall. Interest is one thing; we'll see if there are any teams willing to give up significant trade value on top of a monster contract.

topscribe
04-13-2010, 12:15 PM

It would nice, then, if he would just do that, IMO . . .

-----

Ravage!!!
04-13-2010, 12:15 PM
The phone conversation could be simply a matter of the team letting Marshall officially know that they are planning on trading him. If the reports of the meeting are accurate, it has to be SOMETHING other than a normal "hello" type of phone call, otherwise it wouldn't have been reported from someone within that knew about the call. Maybe they are telling Brandon they aren't going to trade him.....

Lancane
04-13-2010, 12:16 PM
These are personal friends in the orgs then?

I thought you were posting a blog. Serry dude.......:D

No problem, I just can not air my contacts. There not personal friends so much as just acquaintances from the olden days.

arapaho2
04-13-2010, 12:19 PM
Well, in the end, it is a business, as we're so often reminded. I do believe, from all
signs, that McDaniels and Marshall have a good personal relationship and that
their schism is purely financial. But, of course, that is all it would take. They would
probably go on remaining friends . . . just someplace else, if it came to that.

IMO

-----

finances in a uncapped year shouldnt matter...also even if the cap comesback it comes back increased..we were close to 40 mill under the cap at the start of FA in 09...then had loads of dead cap money lifted

everyones worried about him being suspended...that worry in my opinion isnt worth downgrading the team severely as it would be if we lost marshall

we could also give the man what ever the going rate is for top wrs...lets say 5 -6 yrs...maybe 25 mill guaranteed?
give him 15 mill up front..hold 10 mill til the final season...if marshall is cut or released by the team..hes paid the remainder..if he suffers a game time career ending injury...hes paid the balance...if he gets suspended at any time for misconduct off the field...he either forfieghts the balance or a prorated share

Northman
04-13-2010, 12:20 PM
My contacts just told me that Brandon got traded to Tampa Bay.

topscribe
04-13-2010, 12:22 PM

Wow. If your contacts are correct, I hope Tampa gave up a bunch . . . :shocked:

-----

WARHORSE
04-13-2010, 12:25 PM
HMMMmmmmm.........

All of a sudden it gets put out that Bryant isnt on the Jags draft board.

From PFT:

Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio said he'd like to add a wide receiver in the draft, but he doesn't see it happening in the first round.

"It's not a great year for wide receiver," Del Rio said, "but there will be some guys in the mid rounds that have a shot."

Could it be a smokescreen? Yerp.

But is it likely? Nerp.

It is true. The group of high caliber WRs in this draft is not much to get happy about. Think of the teams that want to add a good WR to their roster. Whos gonna come in a be a stud right away? I would say only Dez Bryant has any teams interest in that department. There are significant questions for the rest of the prospects when it comes to NFL ability and whether they can fit the bill. Bryants questions are more character in nature.

So.........it may be that some teams want to see if Bryant is available to them on draft day..........and if he isnt................bingo. Bring in BM.

Just speculation on possibilities......:coffee:

Ravage!!!
04-13-2010, 12:26 PM
finances in a uncapped year shouldnt matter...also even if the cap comesback it comes back increased..we were close to 40 mill under the cap at the start of FA in 09...then had loads of dead cap money lifted

everyones worried about him being suspended...that worry in my opinion isnt worth downgrading the team severely as it would be if we lost marshall

we could also give the man what ever the going rate is for top wrs...lets say 5 -6 yrs...maybe 25 mill guaranteed?
give him 15 mill up front..hold 10 mill til the final season...if marshall is cut or released by the team..hes paid the remainder..if he suffers a game time career ending injury...hes paid the balance...if he gets suspended at any time for misconduct off the field...he either forfieghts the balance or a prorated share

But thats not guaranteed then.

But I see what you mean. You would make up that money in roster bonuses. If he's still on the team, he gets the money.

If we paid him a 12 million dollar bonus, on a 4 year contract, at 2 million salary.... then you add in roster bonuses... I think its a fair deal. Not knowing the specifics on bonuses and such, this is 5 million against the cap (not counting bonuses)... so its not like he's earning 10 million a year. He would earn 14 that first season.

Fitz got a 15 million signing bonus on a four year deal, at 2 million per season. That puts him (Marshall) behind fitz, but generally in the same area.

WARHORSE
04-13-2010, 12:27 PM

Tell Josina to go nationwide wit it..........:laugh:

Denver Native (Carol)
04-13-2010, 12:32 PM
Right now, there are so many rumors flying around. It has been stated on BF by some that Bleacher Report is NOT the place to get reliable information, but the following definitely is strange. Look at who they report is Marshall's agent????? As of March, Kennard McGuire was Brandon's agent.:confused: For myself, I an going to WAIT to see what the local Denver media - minus Ms Josina, are reporting.

Anyhow, here is what Bleacher Report has stated:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/377665-nfl-trade-rumors-agent-says-brandon-marshall-will-be-traded

NFL Trade Rumors: Agent Says Brandon Marshall Will Be Traded

If Rosenhaus is right, it's only a matter of time before Marshall has a new home. This appears to be one player fueling the trade rumor mill that will actually end up relocating.

Italianmobstr7
04-13-2010, 12:36 PM
This article is false Carol. Drew Rosehaus is NOT Brandon Marshall's agent. It is still Kenard McGuire. The bleacher report guys are hacks. It's just a few bloggers who don't know shit about any inside reports that go on in the NFL. They know about as much as every poster on here.

Northman
04-13-2010, 12:36 PM
Right now, there are so many rumors flying around. It has been stated on BF by some that Bleacher Report is NOT the place to get reliable information, but the following definitely is strange. Look at who they report is Marshall's agent????? As of March, Kennard McGuire was Brandon's agent.:confused: For myself, I an going to WAIT to see what the local Denver media - minus Ms Josina, are reporting.

Anyhow, here is what Bleacher Report has stated:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/377665-nfl-trade-rumors-agent-says-brandon-marshall-will-be-traded

NFL Trade Rumors: Agent Says Brandon Marshall Will Be Traded

If Rosenhaus is right, it's only a matter of time before Marshall has a new home. This appears to be one player fueling the trade rumor mill that will actually end up relocating.

Yea, i saw this a few minutes ago and it was just posted yesterday so maybe Rosie is his agent. :confused:

dogfish
04-13-2010, 12:37 PM

dortoh doesn't count as a "contact". . .

Italianmobstr7
04-13-2010, 12:38 PM
Straight from McGuire's website... Marshall is still a client of Kennard McGuires:

http://msworldllc.com/default.asp?id=18

Lancane
04-13-2010, 12:40 PM
Straight from McGuire's website... Marshall is still a client of Kennard McGuires:

http://msworldllc.com/default.asp?id=18

Drew Rosenhaus never claimed to be his agent, he stated that he believes...

Some hack made a serious mistake.

JONtheBRONCO
04-13-2010, 12:42 PM
If the Pittsburgh scenario where the Broncos receive the Steelers 2nd round pick, and 3 5th round picks has any substance, it would be kind of hard to pass on 4 players. I'd take that any day.

broncofaninfla
04-13-2010, 12:43 PM
The Fins are rumored to be shopping Ronnie Brown, I wonder if this is a move to get the ammo in place to get Marshall and still have draft pikcs?

topscribe
04-13-2010, 12:43 PM

I've been finding that believing Bleacher may often be a serious mistake . . . :coffee:

-----

underrated29
04-13-2010, 12:44 PM
No he is not....

Everyone remember Oaklandraider? or Jwalk or natureboy.....????

That is what Bleacher report is. Those same people, who write up little articles on their thoughts....TOTAL BULLSHIKAKA!!!

Cant be said enough each and every year. BR is so full of it they actually hand out waders and shovels so you can try to navigate your way through all the S**T!

Northman
04-13-2010, 12:44 PM
The Fins are rumored to be shopping Ronnie Brown, I wonder if this is a move to get the ammo in place to get Marshall and still have draft pikcs?

I would take Brown for Marshall.

Italianmobstr7
04-13-2010, 12:45 PM

The article claimed that Rosenhaus was speaking on behalf of his client Brandon Marshall. Bleacher report is crap.

TXBRONC
04-13-2010, 12:48 PM

As I said it's just my gut feeling.

Lonestar
04-13-2010, 12:50 PM

I just do not see PIT getting into the mix they got rid of Plaxico and now this last turd.

Why would they want another potential issue on the team?

That makes no sense to me.

Lancane
04-13-2010, 12:54 PM
I just do not see PIT getting into the mix they got rid of Plaxico and now this last turd.

Why would they want another potential issue on the team?

That makes no sense to me.

Me either, but I think the call was more like a feeler more or less and so on.

In the wake of the Steelers’ deteriorating image this off-season, Pittsburgh will be looking to upgrade the face of their franchise and will be doing so quickly if not harshly. Pittsburgh had according to sources contacted Denver awhile back in regards to disgruntled wide receiver Brandon Marshall, the Steelers had looked at him being a possible replacement to Santonio Holmes which the team is likely to part ways with sooner rather then later. Now the chances are far less likely with their image literally being in the toilet.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-13-2010, 12:58 PM
This article is false Carol. Drew Rosehaus is NOT Brandon Marshall's agent. It is still Kenard McGuire. The bleacher report guys are hacks. It's just a few bloggers who don't know shit about any inside reports that go on in the NFL. They know about as much as every poster on here.

I was sure it was a false report - it was just an example I showed to back up my statement that there are so many rumors flying around in regards to Brandon, that I will NOT believe anything that is said, except if it is said by the Broncos, Shefter, or the Denver media - minus J. Anderson

TXBRONC
04-13-2010, 01:04 PM
I was sure it was a false report - it was just an example I showed to back up my statement that there are so many rumors flying around in regards to Brandon, that I will NOT believe anything that is said, except if it is said by the Broncos, Shefter, or the Denver media - minus J. Anderson

I thought you and Josina were tight? :D

TXBRONC
04-13-2010, 01:06 PM
I would take Brown for Marshall.

I don't know North, Brown hasn't been the most durable of backs and that's even in a rotation.

Edit: I just read that he is rumored to be on the trading block.

turftoad
04-13-2010, 01:09 PM
I don't know North, Brown hasn't been the most durable of backs and that even in a rotation.

That and good backs are easier to find than good WR's. Right now I think we have both, pretty soon we might not.

Northman
04-13-2010, 01:10 PM
I don't know North, Brown hasn't been the most durable of backs and that even in a rotation.

Edit: I just read that he is rumored to be on the trading block.

All true, however throw in a pick or 2 i think it is a worthy trade.

arapaho2
04-13-2010, 01:13 PM
But thats not guaranteed then.

But I see what you mean. You would make up that money in roster bonuses. If he's still on the team, he gets the money.

If we paid him a 12 million dollar bonus, on a 4 year contract, at 2 million salary.... then you add in roster bonuses... I think its a fair deal. Not knowing the specifics on bonuses and such, this is 5 million against the cap (not counting bonuses)... so its not like he's earning 10 million a year. He would earn 14 that first season.

Fitz got a 15 million signing bonus on a four year deal, at 2 million per season. That puts him (Marshall) behind fitz, but generally in the same area.

yep and the remaining balance or the guranteed is paid out if marshall has no misconduct suspentions at the end of the 5th season

i dont even know if it would be roster bonus

rather..we give marshall like37-40 mill contract, 25 mill guranteed...15 up front ...2.5 million per season...so thats a 27.5 million deal for five season..then after completing the 5th season he gets the remaining gauranteed 10 mill money..so in full its a earned 37.5 million dollar contract..that protects the broncos if he is suspened..and also assures marshall he will be taken care of as long as his antics dont warrent suspention

underrated29
04-13-2010, 01:13 PM
We could have had Ronnie Brown for a 2nd rd pick last year....

I was all for it then, no one else really seemed to like the idea however.

Northman
04-13-2010, 01:16 PM
We could have had Ronnie Brown for a 2nd rd pick last year....

I was all for it then, no one else really seemed to like the idea however.

I dont even remember you bringing it up. What? You think your a genius or something? :coffee::D

Ravage!!!
04-13-2010, 01:25 PM
yep and the remaining balance or the guranteed is paid out if marshall has no misconduct suspentions at the end of the 5th season

i dont even know if it would be roster bonus

rather..we give marshall like37-40 mill contract, 25 mill guranteed...15 up front ...2.5 million per season...so thats a 27.5 million deal for five season..then after completing the 5th season he gets the remaining gauranteed 10 mill money..so in full its a earned 37.5 million dollar contract..that protects the broncos if he is suspened..and also assures marshall he will be taken care of as long as his antics dont warrent suspention

it can't be 'guaranteed' money if you can take it away! you goof!!:laugh:

The problem with the contract you just suggested, is that its considered 10 million you will never see. Just like the 100 million contracts you see today. You knwo they will never see that back-loaded money, because the team will either renegotiate, or cut the player. Thats why you can't consider it guaranteed money.

HORSEPOWER 56
04-13-2010, 01:35 PM
Seriously?

Martz - most of all coaches - Superbowl appearance as a HC
M. Schottenheimer - One of the winningest and most respected coaches of all time
Shanahan - 2 Superbowl rings as a HC
Billick - Superbowl ring as a HC
Holmgren - 1 Superbowl ring and 2 other appearances as a HC
Gruden - Superbowl ring as a HC
Bellichick - 3 Superbowl rings as a HC

All of those guys are proven, and all except Martz are WINNERS at the highest level. They can pretty much be as arrogant as they want. In order to talk the talk, you need to be able to walk the walk.

roomemp
04-13-2010, 01:46 PM
All of those guys are proven, and all except Martz are WINNERS at the highest level. They can pretty much be as arrogant as they want. In order to talk the talk, you need to be able to walk the walk.

They were still arrogant when they were unproven. :cool:

DenBronx
04-13-2010, 02:03 PM
any chance dez bryant will be there at 11?

will golden tate fall to round two? doubt it...but if we got a high round two and tate falls then he might be worth taking. i like tate because he reminds me of hines ward.

demarius thomas?

all 3 of those wr's should be on our radar on draft day if we deal marshall.

underrated29
04-13-2010, 02:15 PM
bryant
benn
gilyard
shipley

Those are the wr that I remember us having a look at. I know a lot seem to think Thomas will bust, but I still see him as a marshall clone. But coaching staff must not...so who knows. Maybe they think tate is too small, much like royal, or plain wont be there when we pick again....But i do not remember hearing his name as someone we looked at.

Lancane
04-13-2010, 02:18 PM
any chance dez bryant will be there at 11?

will golden tate fall to round two? doubt it...but if we got a high round two and tate falls then he might be worth taking. i like tate because he reminds me of hines ward.

demarius thomas?

all 3 of those wr's should be on our radar on draft day if we deal marshall.

Thomas is overrated, he hails from a questionable offense that may not equate well to the NFL, he is a project pick, at least in my opinion. Bryant is not likely our target either since he may end up being this draft class’s diva. Tate is an interesting pick, I actually like him, but he will go late first or early second and if we are capable to get him then the pick should be used on Pouncey.

Benn is interesting, he has the tangibles to be a solid number one…his hands and work ethic come into question, he’s not really football smart and at times just gives up. In my honest opinion the number one target for Denver should be Marshawn Gilyard, he’s from a spread offense like Benn and Tate, he’s just as fast as Benn but has better hands, he also has better body control compared to Tate, all three are solid route runners but Gilyard and Tate are more explosive at the second level, after the catch.

underrated29
04-13-2010, 02:26 PM
I dont even remember you bringing it up. What? You think your a genius or something? :coffee::D

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37688&highlight=ronnie+brown+block%3F

Not posting this to rub it in. And not even sure if it was anything more than a rumor from rotoworld last year.... Posting it for the record and so I can work on my computer skills of cutting and pasting as I failed at my last attempt a few days ago....:lol:

Slick
04-13-2010, 03:04 PM
There are way too many people employed in the speculation business. No wonder things seem to have gotten to the point that they are irreparable.

Bosco
04-13-2010, 03:25 PM
Carol, come on...the man is arrogant, mending a bridge at times takes being open and understanding. I point to the Cutler debacle, Cutler asked that McDaniels simply promise that he not to try and trade him. Cutler wanted to be made bigger than the team. McD would not do that and he told Cutler that NO ONE was above being traded if it made the team better.

I'm seriously dumbfounded at the douchebaggery some of you people support while vilifying the guy who cleaning house. If we ran the team the way you people want, we'd be fighting with the Raiders for the divisional cellar every year.

He outright refused, meaning that no matter what he wanted to do away with Cutler. Not even close.

As I stated before I felt that Cutler who was the face of the team was in his way, McDaniels wanted to be the face of the franchise and as long as Cutler remained it could not be. He wants people to believe that he is the reason we win or not, not anyone or anything else. You're kidding, right? McD turned down trade offers for Cutler and then spent weeks trying to mend fences with him before Bowlen stepped in and forced the trade, yet it was some ploy by McD to become the face of the franchise.

I think you had your tinfoil hat on a little too tight when you made this post.

No, McDaniels is not Shanahan...but he is an extension of Bowlen's authority as was Shanahan, and Bowlen knows damn well that a promise was made on his behalf on someone he paid to run the team; therefore he too made a promise. Beyond that, Bowlen has stated that he wants Marshall to remain a Bronco, but if they are not willing to keep their promise to him and actually pay him what he in fact deserves then he does not have to care about the organization or what they get in return. If Marshall's price tag drops then he will become a very hot commodity and the team that lands him will give him a long-term contract and McDaniels needs to realize that. Brandon was offered a contract extension with a 9.5 million dollar AAV that would have made him the 2nd highest paid receiver in the game. Brandon refused to sign it.

I'm just hoping in general that's what happens. Maybe not today, but I hope that's how this whole Brandon Marshall deal goes down. We need to offer him a long term contract, w/ top 5 WR money and some guaranteed money behind it. He's our best player and I don't want to find out what our offense will be like without him around. That would be a horrible business decision. Not only is handing Marshall a contract with alot of guaranteed money almost certain to come back and bite us in the ass, you also have to consider the fact that there may not even be football in 2011, which is why teams have been reluctant to sign RFA's to long term contracts.

Northman
04-13-2010, 03:27 PM
Cutler wanted to be made bigger than the team. McD would not do that and he told Cutler that NO ONE was above being traded if it made the team better.

I'm seriously dumbfounded at the douchebaggery some of you people support while vilifying the guy who cleaning house. If we ran the team the way you people want, we'd be fighting with the Raiders for the divisional cellar every year.

So true.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-13-2010, 03:41 PM
So, if Brandon indeed did sign his tender - I would THINK he was in Denver????

http://twitter.com/adam_schefter

To facilitate trade talks between Broncos and other teams, WR Brandon Marshall signed his $2.5 million tender Tuesday.

Now that Brandon Marshall has signed his tender, Denver is officially allowed to discuss potential deals for its WR with other teams.

AND

vic lombardi twitter

# Now the trade market opens up considerably for Marshall. 13 minutes ago via UberTwitter
# Brandon Marshall just signed his tender with the Broncos...doesn't mean they still won't trade him. 21 minutes ago via UberTwitter

arapaho2
04-13-2010, 04:09 PM

it can't be 'guaranteed' money if you can take it away! you goof!!:laugh:

The problem with the contract you just suggested, is that its considered 10 million you will never see. Just like the 100 million contracts you see today. You knwo they will never see that back-loaded money, because the team will either renegotiate, or cut the player. Thats why you can't consider it guaranteed money.

well it could be in a way...what i mean is he agrees that he will be paid 25 mill if he plays and not suspentded..he also agrees if he's suspended he forfieght the ten

Ziggy
04-13-2010, 04:09 PM
I think that signing his tender increases his value. I doubt the Broncos get a 1st, but definitely a 2nd rounder +. Teams now know that they don't necessarily have to give him a huge contract this season. Looking at the prospects that the Broncos have been looking at, I see quite a few late 1st, early to mid 2nd rounders on there.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-13-2010, 04:15 PM

Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall signed his one-year, $2.512 million tender Tuesday, a formality necessary for a trade to proceed.

By signing the tender, Marshall is no longer a restricted free agent. He is now under contract with the Broncos. Now that Marshall is again officially their property, the Broncos can trade him.

By signing the tender, Marshall may have assurances that a deal is in the works.

There was to be a conversation today between Marshall and coach Josh McDaniels. General manager Brian Xanders also may be involved in the talk.

Marshall was to speak with the Broncos' bosses by phone, not in person. And Marshall is still expected to be traded, if not during next week's draft, then shortly thereafter.

topscribe
04-13-2010, 04:19 PM
I think that signing his tender increases his value. I doubt the Broncos get a 1st, but definitely a 2nd rounder +. Teams now know that they don't necessarily have to give him a huge contract this season. Looking at the prospects that the Broncos have been looking at, I see quite a few late 1st, early to mid 2nd rounders on there.

That may be, but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. The Broncos hold all the
cards. They can now say, pay us now or pay us later . . . i.e., give us your 1st
rounder now and be guaranteed Marshall is going your way, or get into a bidding
war for Marshal the RFA, and either lose him to another team or give up the 1st
for him, anyway.

Or we'll just keep him, which is fine with us . . . :coffee:

-----

Ziggy
04-13-2010, 04:32 PM
That may be, but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. The Broncos hold all the
cards. They can now say, pay us now or pay us later . . . i.e., give us your 1st
rounder now and be guaranteed Marshall is going your way, or get into a bidding
war for Marshal the RFA, and either lose him to another team or give up the 1st
for him, anyway.

Or we'll just keep him, which is fine with us . . . :coffee:

-----

Or.....the Broncos told Brandon which team he was going to and that's why he signed his tender. We don't know the whole story yet Top.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-13-2010, 04:33 PM
Is it fair to assume that the Broncos could keep Brandon just as much as trade him?

topscribe
04-13-2010, 04:33 PM
Or.....the Broncos told Brandon which team he was going to and that's why he signed his tender. We don't know the whole story yet Top.

That's what I was trying to say . . . ;)

-----

Northman
04-13-2010, 04:34 PM
Is it fair to assume that the Broncos could keep Brandon just as much as trade him?

Of course not you silly english type.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-13-2010, 04:35 PM
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/36477365/ns/sports-player_news/

Restricted free agent Brandon Marshall signed his $2.512 million tender Tuesday "to facilitate trade talks between the Broncos and other teams."

Mission accomplished for coach Josh McDaniels, who spoke to Marshall via telephone earlier in the day. The Broncos are unwilling to commit big money to Marshall long term, and they don't want to deal with a malcontent throughout the 2010 season. Trade talks are expected to heat up this week, with Seattle as the most ardent suitor. The Dolphins could be a darkhorse candidate.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Northman
04-13-2010, 04:39 PM
The Broncos are unwilling to commit big money to Marshall long term, and they don't want to deal with a malcontent throughout the 2010 season.

Word. I second that.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-13-2010, 04:39 PM
OK - keep in mind this is AGAIN Ms Anderson, but it might fall within what happened with Brandon today

http://twitter.com/josinaanderson

Fox 31 First Alert: Sources tell Josina Anderson WR Dez Bryant scheduled to visit Broncos Wednesday. More to come.

Zweems56
04-13-2010, 05:34 PM
OK - keep in mind this is AGAIN Ms Anderson, but it might fall within what happened with Brandon today

http://twitter.com/josinaanderson

Fox 31 First Alert: Sources tell Josina Anderson WR Dez Bryant scheduled to visit Broncos Wednesday. More to come.

Read about that either yesterday, or late last week. Josina is behind the times.

rationalfan
04-13-2010, 05:39 PM
Read about that either yesterday, or late last week. Josina is behind the times.

so true. but it's fun watching/reading josina continue to be so ignorant to that fact.

Peter King just called her out on twitter: "JosinaAnderson tweeted sources said DBryant's visiting. Worse than "I'm reporting."...Especially since it was in MMQB."

slim
04-13-2010, 05:41 PM
Hey, someone has to be the last to know

TXBRONC
04-13-2010, 05:44 PM
Hey, someone has to be the last to know

That's Josina's one true gift. :D

Zweems56
04-13-2010, 05:49 PM
That's Josina's one true gift. :D

Now come on... She's also good at choking on bronco dick, and slinging shit.

DenBronx
04-13-2010, 07:59 PM

one can only hope that this is the case.

i highly doubt it though.