PDA

View Full Version : Tebow To Visit Broncos!

getlynched47
04-12-2010, 06:13 PM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Report-Vikings-interested-in-Tebow.html

Tebow makes a trip to Denver this week where the Broncos have quarterbacks they have traded for in the last year: Kyle Orton and Brady Quinn.

:doh:

In terms of a person, the guy is great. However, I would be a little upset if we drafted him anywhere in the first 2 rounds of the draft. 3rd round......maybe.....but still not sold on Tebow.

He has all the intangibles, and is very likable, but I wouldn't invest a 1st or 2nd round pick on him. If we do, I'm headed to Dove Valley to have a chat with McDaniels :couch:

Northman
04-12-2010, 06:20 PM
Pass

broncofaninfla
04-12-2010, 06:20 PM
I like him as well but he isn't suited for this offense. More of a West Coast mobile QB type...

Lancane
04-12-2010, 06:26 PM
I would not mind drafting Tebow...he would be superb in the spread offense. The only way I see us taking him though is if we were to trade Orton. (Which I'm all for...)

We drafted Brandstater and traded for Orton last year, then traded for Quinn this year. Is McDaniels really ready to admit he made a mistake with anyone of those three moves? - Trade Orton to Oakland or Arizona for a third round pick and take Tebow...I'm game!

Lancane
04-12-2010, 06:27 PM
I like him as well but he isn't suited for this offense. More of a West Coast mobile QB type...

How is a spread quarterback not suited for a spread offense? :confused:

UnderArmour
04-12-2010, 06:31 PM
He'd make a great compliment to Knowshon Moreno and Correll Buckhalter at RB or a great compliment to Graham to replace Scheffler. Maybe he can fill our hole at ILB too. That's versatility right there. But, we're probably just having him visit so Josh can trade reports with Jedi Master Belichick over in New England, don't read too much into it.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-12-2010, 06:31 PM
I would not think it would be a shock if the Broncos drafted him. Didn't Pat Bowlen state a little while back that the Broncos could draft a QB? At least, I thought he had.

Northman
04-12-2010, 06:32 PM
I would not think it would be a shock if the Broncos drafted him. Didn't Pat Bowlen state a little while back that the Broncos could draft a QB? At least, I thought he had.

Tis is true (see Mo Clarett). With Denver anything is possible.

Lancane
04-12-2010, 06:34 PM
He'd make a great compliment to Knowshon Moreno and Correll Buckhalter at RB or a great compliment to Graham to replace Scheffler. Maybe he can fill our hole at ILB too. That's versatility right there. But, we're probably just having him visit so Josh can trade reports with Jedi Master Belichick over in New England, don't read too much into it.

Don't tell me...you believe in martians and UFO's too? :lol:

Northman
04-12-2010, 06:36 PM
Don't tell me...you believe in martians and UFO's too? :lol:

You dont?

Lancane
04-12-2010, 06:38 PM
You dont?

I believe in what I can touch and see, so unless I meet a six boobed alien, they are just nerds in costumes and Air Force tests gone wrong...

:laugh:

Northman
04-12-2010, 06:39 PM
I believe in what I can touch and see, so unless I meet a six boobed alien, they are just nerds in costumes and Air Force tests gone wrong...

:laugh:

I would pay to see a six boobed alien. I would dub it Claymatron. :lol:

getlynched47
04-12-2010, 06:42 PM
Brilliant!

Trade Brandon Marshall. Draft Tim Tebow in the 1st round to play Wide Receiver and take on our #1 Wide Receiver job! Sounds like a flawless plan to me!

:lol:

That would suck if that was really the plan :eek:

Medford Bronco
04-12-2010, 06:42 PM
Please God NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Broncolingus
04-12-2010, 07:09 PM
Maybe he could be a good fullback or TE?

SmilinAssasSin27
04-12-2010, 07:23 PM
If the Rams weren't already planning to shock the world and take Colt McCoy at #33, I'd say give McCoy a look in round 2. Tebow peaks my interest, but no earlier than round 3.

dogfish
04-12-2010, 07:43 PM
i like the idea of drafting tebow at least as well as trading up for taylor mays. . . .

Ravage!!!
04-12-2010, 07:59 PM
If the Rams weren't already planning to shock the world and take Colt McCoy at #33, I'd say give McCoy a look in round 2. Tebow peaks my interest, but no earlier than round 3.

They are going to take Bradford and then take McCoy? Damn, that really is a shocker!

Ziggy
04-12-2010, 07:59 PM
I would not mind drafting Tebow...he would be superb in the spread offense. The only way I see us taking him though is if we were to trade Orton. (Which I'm all for...)

We drafted Brandstater and traded for Orton last year, then traded for Quinn this year. Is McDaniels really ready to admit he made a mistake with anyone of those three moves? - Trade Orton to Oakland or Arizona for a third round pick and take Tebow...I'm game!

Brandstater was a late round pick, we gave up next to nothing for Quinn, and we got 2 first round picks and a 3rd along with Orton. We didn't give up much for any of them. How does drafting a QB make those moves mistakes? It's not like we spent a 1st or 2nd round pick on any of them.

I have no problem with drafting Tebow and developing him............as long as it's not in the 1st round, or high in the 2nd. If the staff doesn't like what they have seen out of Bandstater, I can see the Broncos drafting another QB. New England keeps 3 on the roster every year, as did McD last year. Keep bringing in quarterback's until we find the next franchise guy. Isn't that what the draft is all about for every position?

Ravage!!!
04-12-2010, 08:01 PM
I don't know... I have heard a LOT of posters on here say that Plummer got "screwed" because we drafted a player at his position.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-12-2010, 08:04 PM
They are going to take Bradford and then take McCoy? Damn, that really is a shocker!

Actually, they may just take 2 McCoys.

But I think it'll be Okung. They can move the Baylor kid over to RT and protect Colt for the next decade.

Chris90210
04-12-2010, 08:09 PM
that would suck

Ziggy
04-12-2010, 08:16 PM
Actually, they may just take 2 McCoys.

But I think it'll be Okung. They can move the Baylor kid over to RT and protect Colt for the next decade.

Very unlikely, but it would be fun to watch the 1st round unfold if it did happen.

ikillz0mbies
04-12-2010, 08:16 PM
fine, have him in for a visit. but don't draft him.

WARHORSE
04-12-2010, 08:23 PM
I dont mind drafting Tebow, but in the right round.

Tebow ran the spread.......which we run.

AND, the guy can pound the rock in the wild horse.

Many might think his running in college is not going to be effective here, but I would beg to differ. His workout numbers tell the story of a very strong, explosive athlete.

I believe Tebow will still be able to gain tough yards here in the NFL.

How much of a need would we have for that here? Not much other than third and short or goaline, right?

I believe he is worth a third. jmo

I would love his work ethic here and his attitude.....as long as he understands hes not the leader here.....yet.

But I wouldnt be beside myself if we drafted him. Hes a winner.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-12-2010, 08:24 PM
No denying the dude is a winner, but we have 3 QBs and a lot of either age or holes elsewhere. Other areas need to be addressed first.

honz
04-12-2010, 08:26 PM
I'm probably wrong and just jealous of him or something, but when I look at Tim Tebow I see a douchebag. I don't buy his "act" at all...if it is in fact an act.

broncobryce
04-12-2010, 09:04 PM
MAYBE in the 3rd round. But with Quinn and Brandstater, we already have enough projects at QB.

Italianmobstr7
04-12-2010, 09:05 PM
The only good thin about drafting Tebow is it would help our running game/wild horses formation and we'd finally get some national recognition. Everyone in the media loves Tebow. We'd be all over ESPN and NFLN.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-12-2010, 09:06 PM
I'm probably wrong and just jealous of him or something, but when I look at Tim Tebow I see a douchebag. I don't buy his "act" at all...if it is in fact an act.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

honz
04-12-2010, 09:23 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused:
He just rubs me the wrong way...I may very well be wrong about him though.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-12-2010, 09:27 PM
He just rubs me the wrong way...I may very well be wrong about him though.

I can guarantee you one thing - he will never cause any trouble, on the field, in the locker room, or OFF the field.

dogfish
04-12-2010, 09:30 PM
I can guarantee you one thing - he will never cause any trouble, on the field, in the locker room, or OFF the field.

no offense carol, but you really think you can guarantee that about someone you've never once met. . . ?

tebow reminds me of a televangelist, and those guys get in more trouble than the average politician. . . .

guitarj
04-12-2010, 10:28 PM
no offense carol, but you really think you can guarantee that about someone you've never once met. . . ?

tebow reminds me of a televangelist, and those guys get in more trouble than the average politician. . . .

Not always true, its just big news when it happens. Tebow will have to stay very clean though, he is living in a glass house....any mistakes would be shouted from the rooftops all across football land

broncophan
04-13-2010, 03:06 AM

Would be a good guy to have on the team for those reasons....and his talent.....not necessarily just at qb.
I could see the Steelers drafting him.......

Dirk
04-13-2010, 05:28 AM

Another QB with that quality...Kurt Warner...just sayin.

But as far as Tebow coming to Denver. Hell, why not take a look at him. If he has indeed been working on his delivery he would definately be worth the chance. Hell, I would take him in the 2nd, but not the first. The kid has a ton of talent and is a stand up guy.

Lancane
04-13-2010, 05:38 AM
Another QB with that quality...Kurt Warner...just sayin.

But as far as Tebow coming to Denver. Hell, why not take a look at him. If he has indeed been working on his delivery he would definately be worth the chance. Hell, I would take him in the 2nd, but not the first. The kid has a ton of talent and is a stand up guy.

While I'm all for drafting him, the problem is that we are stacked at the position, the only one of the quarterbacks Denver has at this time that is tradeable is Orton, I don't see us getting rid of Quinn when we just traded two picks and a player for him. And if we took Tebow with the amount of needs we have? I guess I could understand if Brandstater was not the guy they believed he was, but we really don't have the picks to waste on a quarterback that early.

Maybe there are things in the works, Denver trades Marshall to Seattle for the 14th, they trade the 14th to New England for the 22nd and another pick...dunno. I guess I just don't see how they could pull this off and fill the needs we have, if they trade Orton then I'm all for it.

Dirk
04-13-2010, 06:00 AM
While I'm all for drafting him, the problem is that we are stacked at the position, the only one of the quarterbacks Denver has at this time that is tradeable is Orton, I don't see us getting rid of Quinn when we just traded two picks and a player for him. And if we took Tebow with the amount of needs we have? I guess I could understand if Brandstater was not the guy they believed he was, but we really don't have the picks to waste on a quarterback that early.

Maybe there are things in the works, Denver trades Marshall to Seattle for the 14th, they trade the 14th to New England for the 22nd and another pick...dunno. I guess I just don't see how they could pull this off and fill the needs we have, if they trade Orton then I'm all for it.

True. Who knows what is in the works. It could all be a smoke screen or just McD and Xman doing their due diligence in case he drops to the 3rd or 4th.

Ah the offseason...gotta love it!

Lancane
04-13-2010, 06:07 AM
True. Who knows what is in the works. It could all be a smoke screen or just McD and Xman doing their due diligence in case he drops to the 3rd or 4th.

Ah the offseason...gotta love it!

That's a very sound possibility, but there is no one in the nation who really believes Tebow will fall into the third round, and he has moved up on a lot of draft boards according to the media. I still say trade Orton to Oakland for a third round pick!

:D

Dirk
04-13-2010, 07:35 AM
I think we are all going to be pleasantly surprised in Orton's play this season. I think being his 2nd year in the system and if he can stay healthy, he may have a PB season.

Elevation inc
04-13-2010, 08:15 AM
god help me!!!!!

and if your gonna do something...make it quick....

:lol:

broncofaninfla
04-13-2010, 09:23 AM
How is a spread quarterback not suited for a spread offense? :confused:

His mobility is his strength, he would be better suited to play in a west coast offense. He isn't much of a pocket passer and the spread offense in the pros is much harder to play. You have to make quicker decisions , be more accurate with teh ball and are playing defenders who are much quicker than college defenders.

broncofaninfla
04-13-2010, 09:24 AM
I think we are all going to be pleasantly surprised in Orton's play this season. I think being his 2nd year in the system and if he can stay healthy, he may have a PB season.

It won't matter who is under center if we dink and dunk it again....

cuzz4169
04-13-2010, 11:45 AM
I would love Tebow...A lot of teams are gonna look stupid for passing on this guy. we dont need him right now...Just imagine what Mcdaniels could do with him as a mobile guy when we spread out. Our short yardage game is solved just that alone hes worth a second round pick for us. we get that much better in the red zone. he would be used like his freshman year at florida. I vote yes for Tebow. After I wrote this I just saw the video on espn with tebow and gruden. Tebow looked pretty good from what they show. The one thing that stood out to me was at the end they get in a huddle and gruden says tebow on 3, tebow interrupts and says no hard work on 3.

Overtime
04-13-2010, 01:47 PM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Report-Vikings-interested-in-Tebow.html

:doh:

In terms of a person, the guy is great. However, I would be a little upset if we drafted him anywhere in the first 2 rounds of the draft. 3rd round......maybe.....but still not sold on Tebow.

He has all the intangibles, and is very likable, but I wouldn't invest a 1st or 2nd round pick on him. If we do, I'm headed to Dove Valley to have a chat with McDaniels :couch:

um that's a waste of time. we don't need a QB, we dont even need to be looking at QB's. Not to mention, Tebow sucks and will never amount to squat as an NFL QB. he'd make a helluva tight end though.

we have Orton, Quinn, and Brandstater. i know 100% for certain that Quinn or Brandstater can step up and take this team where it hasn't been in quite a while.

im hoping Orton gets beat out by one of them (Brandstater would be my first hope, but I'm confident Quinn can flourish in the same system he shined in at Notre Dame).

broncophan
04-13-2010, 01:51 PM
um that's a waste of time. we don't need a QB, we dont even need to be looking at QB's. Not to mention, Tebow sucks and will never amount to squat as an NFL QB. he'd make a helluva tight end though.

we have Orton, Quinn, and Brandstater. i know 100% for certain that Quinn or Brandstater can step up and take this team where it hasn't been in quite a while.

im hoping Orton gets beat out by one of them (Brandstater would be my first hope, but I'm confident Quinn can flourish in the same system he shined in at Notre Dame).

I hope you are right but....:confused:.......just wondering.....since Quinn or Brandstater have never taken any nfl team anywhere....how can you be "100%certain" that they can step up and do anything with Denver??

Lonestar
04-13-2010, 01:52 PM

Overall IF his mechanics can be fixed I would not mind getting him on day three this year. I would not like to see a 1 or 2 pick on him, if he is there in the 3rd or if we get another #2+ for marshall then I could dig it.

I think he would be a 2 or 3 year project and would not like to see him on the field at all for year one other than disaster time or we are up 50 point in a game.

Overtime
04-13-2010, 01:58 PM
I hope you are right but....:confused:.......just wondering.....since Quinn or Brandstater have never taken any nfl team anywhere....how can you be "100%certain" that they can step up and do anything with Denver??

because I know Quinn was never given the O-Line he needs to protect him or the running game he needed to support him in Cleveland. He also flourished in the same system at ND that he's in now.

secondly, Brandstater has it. I saw it in preseason against the Cardinals and Bears starters. All he needs is a chance to get some game time action. that 54 yd bomb to McKinley against Nathan Vasher last year was phenomenal, i still cream my pants every time I see the replay.

i just hope something happens where Orton isn't the starter, because i cant stand that puke fake pos.

id take steve bono or elvis grbac over Orton.

TXBRONC
04-13-2010, 02:05 PM
because I know Quinn was never given the O-Line he needs to protect him or the running game he needed to support him in Cleveland. He also flourished in the same system at ND that he's in now.

secondly, Brandstater has it. I saw it in preseason against the Cardinals and Bears starters. All he needs is a chance to get some game time action. that 54 yd bomb to McKinley against Nathan Vasher last year was phenomenal, i still cream my pants every time I see the replay.

i just hope something happens where Orton isn't the starter, because i cant stand that puke fake pos.

I don't think Orton is long term solution but I don't wish him ill.

DenBronx
04-13-2010, 02:10 PM
after getting quinn im not so sure i'd want the tebow project anymore. don't get me wrong...i think tebow is worth the risk. he has all the God gifted talent but doesn't have the mechanics but that can be tought. quinns career was going nowhere in cleveland...this kid might become what he should have been under mcdaniels. i'm sorta glad we took the chance on quinn over tebow...because quinn DOES have the mechanics. and he only cost a 6th this year.....that's dirt.

if we did take tebow it should be in the 3rd and he would be on the bench for 2 years.

what happens if claussen falls to 11?

dogfish
04-13-2010, 02:14 PM

we pray that someone's dumb enough to offer us a good trade for the pick?

TXBRONC
04-13-2010, 02:15 PM
after getting quinn im not so sure i'd want the tebow project anymore. don't get me wrong...i think tebow is worth the risk. he has all the God gifted talent but doesn't have the mechanics but that can be tought. quinns career was going nowhere in cleveland...this kid might become what he should have been under mcdaniels. i'm sorta glad we took the chance on quinn over tebow...because quinn DOES have the mechanics. and he only cost a 6th this year.....that's dirt.

if we did take tebow it should be in the 3rd and he would be on the bench for 2 years.

If Claussen were to fall to 11 I would hope that we wouldn't pass on him.

roomemp
04-13-2010, 02:36 PM

Dude can I borrow your crystal ball?

topscribe
04-13-2010, 02:42 PM

Yes, those deep passes are exciting, aren't they? I know that I was thrilled by
those two 50-yarders Orton threw to Gaffney in the final KC game . . .

-----

dogfish
04-13-2010, 02:44 PM
orton could out-throw quinn lefthanded. . . . :werd:

TXBRONC
04-13-2010, 02:47 PM

He might even be able to out throw Tebow left handed. :D

DenBronx
04-13-2010, 03:07 PM

dude...he's better than simms and you know it.

weazel
04-13-2010, 04:01 PM
Tis is true (see Mo Clarett). With Denver anything is possible.

I think Clarett is visiting Denver on Friday. It might just be to pick up some grey goose and guns he left here though.

dogfish
04-13-2010, 05:28 PM
dude...he's better than simms and you know it.

of course orton' better than simms-- way better. . .

wait, did you mean quinn? yea, no chance. . .

Overtime
04-14-2010, 09:08 PM
I don't think Orton is long term solution but I don't wish him ill.

never wished him ill will, i just said I hope something happens to where he's not the starter.

like retiring, he meets some hot babe and she kidnaps him and he never comes back, or Quinn or Brandstater beat him out for the starting job. it doesn't have to be an ill thought.

you're assuming the worst.

CrazyHorse
04-14-2010, 10:03 PM
Tim Tebow will be a great asset to replace Brandon Marshall at receiver.