PDA

View Full Version : Broncos SHOCKER!!!

WARHORSE
04-20-2008, 06:17 AM
Ok. We all know that if you look at past history, Denver has not even spoken to the player/players theyre looking to draft. That being said, who will be the SHOCK pick that will come should Denver pick at 12 or higher?

I say 12 or higher because if they trade down it means theyre looking at a group of players.

Name the player you think that the Broncos may select that has not visited, nor been talked to by the Broncos, and why...

My pick at 12 is Florida DE Derrick Harvey. He plays hard, and is all around, with the potential to be special. Big enough to put his hand down at DT at times too in pass situations.

If the Broncos trade up, Chris Long. He also can play all along the defensive line, and has the character the Broncos covet.

Scarface
04-20-2008, 07:31 AM
Harvey, Merling, Balmer, Phillips, Mayo, etc....

SmilinAssasSin27
04-20-2008, 08:05 AM
I mentioned Harvey and/or Merling a month or so ago for that exact same reason and got laughed at...I'd say folks here would be quite shocked indeed.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-20-2008, 08:06 AM
My "shockers" would include Calais Campbell, DeSean Jackson, any CB.

BeefStew25
04-20-2008, 08:15 AM
Rivers maybe.

TXBRONC
04-20-2008, 08:43 AM
Ok. We all know that if you look at past history, Denver has not even spoken to the player/players theyre looking to draft. That being said, who will be the SHOCK pick that will come should Denver pick at 12 or higher?

I say 12 or higher because if they trade down it means theyre looking at a group of players.

Name the player you think that the Broncos may select that has not visited, nor been talked to by the Broncos, and why...

My pick at 12 is Florida DE Derrick Harvey. He plays hard, and is all around, with the potential to be special. Big enough to put his hand down at DT at times too in pass situations.

If the Broncos trade up, Chris Long. He also can play all along the defensive line, and has the character the Broncos covet.

Interesting thought. I don't think Denver could trade up high enough to get Chris Long because I think he'll be gone within the first six picks.

TXBRONC
04-20-2008, 08:46 AM
I mentioned Harvey and/or Merling a month or so ago for that exact same reason and got laughed at...I'd say folks here would be quite shocked indeed.

Very little surprises me when it comes to the draft.

UnderArmour
04-20-2008, 10:05 AM
Mendenhall. Nobody would ever expect us to take a RB.

topscribe
04-20-2008, 10:08 AM
My "shockers" would include Calais Campbell, DeSean Jackson, any CB.

If Denver takes any of those, I will probably jump out my window.

And that wouldn't be good because my window is ony about five feet off the
ground. Probably would only turn an ankle or something . . .

-----

underrated29
04-20-2008, 10:53 AM
Well for players that we havent talked to, that follow our normal rules of drafting id say

rivers
devin thomas
jenkins (the cb)
limas sweed
stewart (we havent talked to him yet, and thats why we will take him)

Hobe
04-20-2008, 11:06 AM
If they trade up it will be Chris Long DE. At 12 it will be Branden Albert, OG. If they trade down it could be Kentwan Balmer DT, Limas Sweed WR, or Rashard Mendenhall RB.

BOSSHOGG30
04-20-2008, 11:30 AM
Cromartie, Connor, Rivers, or Phillips

Skinny
04-20-2008, 12:06 PM
Frank Okom
Earl Bennett
Jordy Neslon
Owen Schmitt

That would shock me.

Merling, Mayo, Rivers, Phillips, Mendenhall, Stewart, Balmer, etc... guys projected to go in the first two rounds would'nt shock me one bit.

Requiem / The Dagda
04-20-2008, 12:22 PM
I've been saying a cornerback like Michael Jenkins might be a real shocker at #12 for a few months now, I'll stick to that "shocker" selection, although it probably won't happen.

TXBRONC
04-20-2008, 12:47 PM
Frank Okom
Earl Bennett
Jordy Neslon
Owen Schmitt

That would shock me.

Merling, Mayo, Rivers, Phillips, Mendenhall, Stewart, Balmer, etc... guys projected to go in the first two rounds would'nt shock me one bit.

Are you meaning that you would be shocked if we took Okam, Bennett, Nelson or Schmitt in the first round? If you are that would surprise me. :faint:

nevcraw
04-20-2008, 01:23 PM
I'd be happily surprised if they took B. Albert at 12.

Ziggy
04-20-2008, 01:51 PM
Rivers would be my shock pick. If I could pick a 2nd, it would be Stewart. I wouldn't be crying in my beer about either.

Skinny
04-20-2008, 02:13 PM
Are you meaning that you would be shocked if we took Okam, Bennett, Nelson or Schmitt in the first round? If you are that would surprise me. :faint:Yes sir.

If i had to chose one, i'd go with Balmer.

haroldthebarrel
04-20-2008, 02:38 PM
I think if we reach on a player the only one who makes sense is Balmer.
We did look at Harrel last year, I think we even might have had him in front of Moss.
I guess many would have looked upon him as a reach as some said GB reached on him, the same would apply at 17 and perhaps even also if we had stood pat and taken him.
The only other player we might reach at is Albert, but I dont think his stock right now would make him a reach.

However, if we somehow draft Desean Jackson or Sweed at 12 I will warn that a giant rant will be forthcoming..... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

honz
04-20-2008, 02:53 PM
J-stew!

mclark
04-20-2008, 06:22 PM
I would not be shocked to see us trade down and draft Dan Connor. I'm not sure the Greek can be our only possibility at middle linebacker.

Biggest shock? Matt Ryan.

Ziggy
04-20-2008, 06:25 PM
I would not be shocked to see us trade down and draft Dan Connor. I'm not sure the Greek can be our only possibility at middle linebacker.

Biggest shock? Matt Ryan.

I'm a big fan of Dan Conner, but he may be there in the 2nd.

mclark
04-20-2008, 07:32 PM
I'm a big fan of Dan Conner, but he may be there in the 2nd.

I'd be surprised. I think he's a late first rounder. But who knows?

TXBRONC
04-20-2008, 09:53 PM
Yes sir.

If i had to chose one, i'd go with Balmer.

I know Shanahan has been roundly criticised for reaching however even in reaching the players that he has selected in the first round have all drawn a first round grade.

tubby
04-20-2008, 10:07 PM
Limas Sweed

sneakers
04-21-2008, 12:01 AM

Don't you think it would be a little silly drafting ANOTHER DE?

sneakers
04-21-2008, 12:02 AM
Limas Sweed

Llamas are sweet? Is that what you meant?

http://www.pswalsh.com/meadow/llamas2.JPG

fcspikeit
04-21-2008, 01:06 AM

Jake Long... I could see us merging the entire draft to get Jake Long...

WARHORSE
04-21-2008, 10:07 AM
Don't you think it would be a little silly drafting ANOTHER DE?

Obviously not.

Shocking? A little.

Didnt you read the post?;)

haroldthebarrel
04-21-2008, 03:32 PM
the game is a copycat league and knowing how succesful both the Pats and the Giants were on their defensive line it should be interesting to see when Merling and Groves land.
I bet Merling is gone before pick 20.
It should also be interesting to see where the OT lands to counter the heavy artillery that will be put on the DT. Many say all the tackles including Ottah and Albert will be gone by 15.

If I was a GM the one player after Williams and Clady I would look at is James Hardy.
If we cant get either of the two tackles I would try to trade down to get him and if not I might have taken him anyway. I like him more than Thomas.
So watcha guys think of that?

I love this draft! I cant wait!:)

tubby
04-21-2008, 03:41 PM

No. The WR from Texas. Were you stoned when you thought this was funny? I might find this funny tonight. Probably not though.

BOSSHOGG30
04-21-2008, 03:57 PM
No. The WR from Texas. Were you stoned when you thought this was funny? I might find this funny tonight. Probably not though.

And here I am still laughing:laugh::D

I don't care who you are that is funny stuff there!:beer:

dogfish
04-21-2008, 05:16 PM
colt brennan at # 12. . . . .

Brand
04-21-2008, 11:09 PM
No one in the 12 position because I think they may have a phone glitch and not get their pick up to the podium in time and thereby forfit the pick. Therefor, the Broncos' first chioice will be Bret MacIllhanney for the University of Whoville. He is a 7'9", 395lb. WR with 7.6 speed in the forty. He was drafted so that he could stand at the LOS on FGs and PATs to block the kick. That is projected to save the Broncos nearly 100 points a year.... Money well spent.

The second choice would be Maharondi Magoober from the University of Southwestern Queensland, Australia. He is a kicker. Plays Rugby which is good because he is 6'9", 305 lbs. Never played American Football, but he can sure kick the stuffing out of the ball if he can get the "tiny" American ball out of his 24" hands to kick it. After that pick, a riot ensued at Dove Valley where a big fire ws set in the Centre, and all phone lines to the facility were cut. There were no survivors.....

tubby
04-21-2008, 11:13 PM

awesome. They won't stop staring at me. I bet those suckers are fast too if they wanna be.

:huh: