PDA

View Full Version : Official NHL Playoff thread.

Pages : [1] 2

underrated29
04-12-2010, 01:46 PM
Med, I know this is usually your thing, and i wait anxiously every year for it. But being that you are not around as often I thought I would start it up for you and for us 11 Hockey fans...

Here are the schedules for the Upcoming NHL Playoffs!!!:

2010 EASTERN CONFERENCE QUARTERFINALS
SERIES A
#1 vs. #8
Network
Thursday, April 15 at Washington, 7:00 p.m. TSN, VERSUS
Saturday, April 17 at Washington, 7:00 p.m. TSN, VERSUS
Monday, April 19 at Montreal, 7:00 p.m. TSN
Wednesday, April 21 at Montreal, 7:00 p.m. TSN
*Friday, April 23 at Washington, 7:00 p.m. TSN, VERSUS
*Monday, April 26 at Montreal, 7:00 p.m. TSN, VERSUS
*Wednesday, April 28 at Washington, TBD TSN

SERIES B
#2 vs. #7
Network
Wednesday, April 14 at New Jersey, 7:30 p.m. TSN
Friday, April 16 at New Jersey, 7:30 p.m. TSN
Sunday, April 18 at Philadelphia, 6:00 p.m. TSN
Tuesday, April 20 at Philadelphia, 7:30 p.m. TSN2
*Thursday, April 22 at New Jersey, 7:00 p.m. TSN
*Sunday, April 25 at Philadelphia, TBD TSN
*Tuesday, April 27 at New Jersey, 7:30 p.m. TSN

SERIES C
#3 vs. #6
Network
Thursday, April 15 at Buffalo, 7:00 p.m. CBC
Saturday, April 17 at Buffalo, 1:00 p.m. NBC, CBC
Monday, April 19 at Boston, 7:00 p.m. VERSUS, CBC
Wednesday, April 21 at Boston, 7:00 p.m. VERSUS, CBC
*Friday, April 23 at Buffalo, 7:00 p.m. CBC
*Monday, April 26 at Boston, 7:00 p.m. CBC
*Wednesday, April 28 at Buffalo, 7:00 p.m. CBC

SERIES D
#4 vs. #5
Network
Wednesday, April 14 at Pittsburgh, 7:00 p.m. CBC, VERSUS
Friday, April 16 at Pittsburgh, 7:00 p.m. CBC, VERSUS
Sunday, April 18 at Ottawa, 6:30 p.m. CBC, VERSUS
Tuesday, April 20 at Ottawa, 7:00 p.m. CBC, VERSUS
*Thursday, April 22 at Pittsburgh, 7:00 p.m. CBC, VERSUS
*Saturday, April 24 at Ottawa, 7:00 p.m. CBC, VERSUS
*Tuesday, April 27 at Pittsburgh, 7:00 p.m. CBC

2010 WESTERN CONFERENCE QUARTERFINALS
SERIES E
#1 vs. #8
Network
Wednesday, April 14 at San Jose, 10:30 p.m. CBC, VERSUS (JIP)
Friday, April 16 at San Jose, 10:30 p.m. CBC, VERSUS (JIP)
Sunday, April 18 at Colorado, 9:30 p.m. CBC, VERSUS (JIP)
Tuesday, April 20 at Colorado, 10:00 p.m. CBC, VERSUS (JIP)
*Thursday, April 22 at San Jose, 10:30 p.m. CBC, VERSUS (JIP)
*Saturday, April 24 at Colorado, TBD CBC
*Monday, April 26 at San Jose, TBD CBC

SERIES F
#2 vs. #7
Network
Friday, April 16 at Chicago, 8:30 p.m. TSN2, VERSUS (JIP)
Sunday, April 18 at Chicago, 8:30 p.m. TSN, VERSUS (JIP)
Tuesday, April 20 at Nashville, 9:00 p.m. TSN, VERSUS (JIP)
Thursday, April 22 at Nashville, 8:30 p.m. TSN2, VERSUS (JIP)
*Saturday, April 24 at Chicago, 3:00 p.m. NBC, TSN
*Monday, April 26 at Nashville, TBD TSN
*Wednesday, April 28 at Chicago, TBD TSN

SERIES G
#3 vs. #6
Network
Thursday, April 15 at Vancouver, 10:00 p.m. CBC, VERSUS
Saturday, April 17 at Vancouver, 10:00 p.m. CBC, VERSUS
Monday, April 19 at Los Angeles, 10:00 p.m. CBC, VERSUS
Wednesday, April 21 at Los Angeles, 10:00 p.m. CBC, VERSUS
*Friday, April 23 at Vancouver, 10:00 p.m. CBC
*Sunday, April 25 at Los Angeles, TBD CBC, VERSUS
*Tuesday, April 27 at Vancouver, TBD CBC

SERIES H
#4 vs. #5
Network
Wednesday, April 14 at Phoenix, 10:00 p.m. TSN, VERSUS
Friday, April 16 at Phoenix, 10:00 p.m. TSN, VERSUS
Sunday, April 18 at Detroit, 3:00 p.m. NBC, TSN
Tuesday, April 20 at Detroit, 6:30 p.m. TSN
*Friday, April 23 at Phoenix, 10:00 p.m. TSN, VERSUS
*Sunday, April 25 at Detroit, 2:00 p.m. NBC, TSN
*Tuesday, April 27 at Phoenix, TBD TSN

ARE YOU READY!!!!!

underrated29
04-12-2010, 01:54 PM
Caps sweep. Win in 4
Devils. Win in 6- they are too much for a tough philly team.
Boston upsets and wins in 6. Everyone likes the slugs here, but Boston has heart and they always are tough in the playoffs. It will matter who has the best goalie in this one.
Pitts- wakes up and wins in 5. End of story.

West-

Avs win in 7....(how can I not say we win?) Honestly I can see the sharks in 5. We are a young team, with little playoff exp. Playoffs are a WHOLE NEW WORLD in the NHL and unfortunately I dont think they will be up to the task yet. But we were full of surprises this year. And Matt is starting to catch fire at the perfect time. I cant wait. GO AVS!
Chicago- Sweep. Win in 4.
Everyone likes the Kings, but I think Vancouver wins clean in 6

Phx vs Det- are there two hotter teams right now? I do not know what to think. DET has the better team IMO, but the dogs are lead by Bryzgolov and when that effer gets HOT he is near impossible to beat... So who do i like...

hate to say it, but I think DET sends the dogs packing in 5 games.

So my picks again

caps in 4
devils in 6
bruins in 6
pit in 5

Avs in 7
chicago in 4
nuks in 6
det in 5

MileHighCrew
04-12-2010, 01:55 PM
Washington in 5
Philly in 6
Buffalo in 6
Pittsburgh in 5
San Jose (Sorry Avs fans, if they were hot going in I'd have picked the Avs) in 5
Chicago in 4
Vancouver in 5
Detroit in 7

underrated29
04-12-2010, 02:00 PM
Washington in 5
Philly in 6
Buffalo in 6
Pittsburgh in 5
San Jose (Sorry Avs fans, if they were hot going in I'd have picked the Avs) in 5
Chicago in 4
Vancouver in 5
Detroit in 7

Can't disagree with you here. We limped our way in. Only thing we can hope for is us to do what we have done all year. Keep scrapping away and hoping Andy plays great.

Why Philly in 6?- Whats your reasoning?

MileHighCrew
04-12-2010, 02:59 PM
I think Philly always plays Jersey tight, I don't like Kolvochuck in the playoffs he disappears like Yashin. Unless Marty stands on his head, which is very possible I think there is an upset here.
NHL is unlike the NBA you always know someone is going to win that you didn't think would before the playoffs started, expecially in the first 2 rounds. That is my thought process.

MasterShake
04-12-2010, 03:03 PM
I missed a lot of AVs games this year due to school and work. How was the season series against San Jose? I swore I saw the Avs beat them twice or so. Gonna be tough in the playoffs, though.

underrated29
04-12-2010, 03:20 PM
we split with the sharks. One game we were up and let them come back and get 2 or 3 goals within the last 6 or 7 minutes.... We fight them pretty hard, but playoffs is a big difference and THornton and heatly just scare the ballz out of me.

Still, like our chance with them then I did with the Hawks. So it should be a good tough series. If we can get under Nabakov early he can fold. That should be our strategy.

Plus, mueller, jones (david) and duchene should all be healthy and ready to roll.

FanInAZ
04-12-2010, 03:52 PM
I'm not a big of hockey, but I do follow the hometown Coyotes. For the 4 seasons that they had prior to this one; they had been coached by "the Great One," Wayne Gretzky. However, they could never make the play-offs. In fact, this is the first time they got in since the 2001-02 season. Its also the 1st time that they've won at least half of their games since 1986-87 when they were in Winnipeg. This is also only the 2nd time in their franchise's 30 season history that they've won more then half, and the 1st time ever amassing more than 100 points.

http://www.hockey-reference.com/teams/PHX/

So, how was coach Dave Tippett able to do in his 1st year as HC what "the Great One" couldn't do in 4 years?

underrated29
04-12-2010, 04:01 PM
So, how was coach Dave Tippett able to do in his 1st year as HC what "the Great One" couldn't do in 4 years?

TWO WORDS....

ILYA BRYZGALOV.

You guys had been stockpiling some nice young talent for several years but never had enough oomph to put you over the top. A few nice additions and the signing of Bryzy and look out now. The dogs are out....

MasterShake
04-12-2010, 04:24 PM
we split with the sharks. One game we were up and let them come back and get 2 or 3 goals within the last 6 or 7 minutes.... We fight them pretty hard, but playoffs is a big difference and THornton and heatly just scare the ballz out of me.

Still, like our chance with them then I did with the Hawks. So it should be a good tough series. If we can get under Nabakov early he can fold. That should be our strategy.

Plus, mueller, jones (david) and duchene should all be healthy and ready to roll.

Thanks for the update. I try to watch as much as I can but the Nuggets and Broncos are my priority. I'm definitely gonna watch the series though. :salute:

weazel
04-12-2010, 04:40 PM
WAS - MON: Washington in 6. Only because Halak is playing well and I am guessing that Montreal's playoff veterans will step up a bit. Otherwise I would say 4.

NJ - PHI: Philly in 7. The Devils are a better team on paper but I say Philly take this one in a long tough series. I say they beat the Devils up and wear them down. Philly has owned NJ this season. In my head I say NJ in 4 or 5, but I have to pick an upset and I see this one as a big one if it happens.

BUF - BOS: Buffalo in 6. Miller will outshine Rask and Thomas. Boston is too inconsistent. Savard is their heart and soul, he is gone...

PIT - OTT: Pittsburgh in 5. Pittsburgh has too much firepower and Ottawa is hanging their hopes on a rookie goaltender.

SJ - COL: San Jose in 5. Colorado is not playing well at all. The Sharks had a hiccup but are playing very well going into the playoffs. It may go 5 or 6, but Anderson has to start playing like he was earlier in the season.

CHI - NAS: Chicago in 7. Chicago will control and outshoot Nashville by 15 to 20 shots in every game. It will still go to 7 games because Chicago doesn't have the goaltending, and they have been making fundamental mistakes in defensive coverage in the last 15 - 20 games.

VAN - LA: Vancouver in 6. I have never had faith in Vancouver... but they are playing some great hockey right now. LA just isn't there yet, but they have some great young players and will be making runs at the cup for the next few seasons for sure.

PHX - DET: Detroit in 4. Bye Phoenix... it's been a slice. Detroit is playing the best of all teams right now. Phoenix isn't in the same class. I wonder if we will be calling them the Jets next season?

Northman
04-12-2010, 04:45 PM
I dont care, go Avalanche. Screw the rest.

Medford Bronco
04-12-2010, 06:48 PM
My picks

Caps in 5. Mtl just not good enough to beat a superior Wash team
Devs in 6. Philly played good vs NJ this year but the Devs are simply better.
Sabres in 6. Bruins cant score enough to win this series IMO. It should be tight.
Pens in 6. Experience over the Sens IMO

West

SJ in 6 over the Avs. They are just too talented to lose to the Avs. I hope for the Avs fans here that I am wrong and for Coach Sacco but my head says SJ

Chicago in 6 over the Preds. Hawks can score with anyone in this league and do have some suspect goaltending at times but they should be the inexpienced Preds.

LA Kings in 6 in an upset over the Canucks. They have been down for so long that I think they might surprise some. Also Luongo is not as good as he used to be iMO.

Now what Avs fans want to here. Coyotes in 7 over Det. They are much improved and do have home ice. I think Tippett should be coach of the year and can help do the trick

Now bet against all of these and make a lot of $$ :lol:

Broncolingus
04-12-2010, 07:11 PM
I dont care, go Avalanche. Screw the rest.

...right there with ya, North!

Medford Bronco
04-12-2010, 07:26 PM
...right there with ya, North!

Hey get out of our thread :lol:

Just kidding. I love hockey and my team is not even in the playoffs.
I love it as much as I love the NFL. :salute:

weazel
04-12-2010, 11:32 PM
If anyone wants to join Sportsnet.ca playoff player pick 'em... join it here http://fantasy.sportsnet.ca/sportsnet/hkplayoff10/portfolio

SOCALORADO.
04-13-2010, 10:22 AM
MTL in 7 (This will be a brutal, massacre every game. Upset pick!)
NJ in 6
BUF in 6
PIT in 5

COL in 6 (SJ=choke)
CHI in 4
VAN in 5
DET in 5

MileHighCrew
04-13-2010, 10:27 AM
MTL in 7 (This will be a brutal, massacre every game. Upset pick!)
NJ in 6
BUF in 6
PIT in 5

COL in 6 (SJ=choke)
CHI in 4
VAN in 5
DET in 5

You have Washington and San Jose losing in the first round? Wow I am guessing you didn't put money on this anywhere? JK... That is a gutsy call though.

SOCALORADO.
04-13-2010, 10:33 AM
You have Washington and San Jose losing in the first round? Wow I am guessing you didn't put money on this anywhere? JK... That is a gutsy call though.

MTL is my upset pick. Grow some balls. You gotta have one.
SJ=choke. My 2nd favorite team will come through, with plenty of grit and hard hits, with some young guns sprinkled in.

MileHighCrew
04-13-2010, 10:50 AM
MTL is my upset pick. Grow some balls. You gotta have one.
SJ=choke. My 2nd favorite team will come through, with plenty of grit and hard hits, with some young guns sprinkled in.

You do realise I was giving you credit. And I do have an upset pick.

SOCALORADO.
04-13-2010, 11:01 AM
You do realise I was giving you credit. And I do have an upset pick.

I am just giving you a hard time!
I can seee you have balls cause you got those ribbons supporting our troops!!
:salute:

MileHighCrew
04-13-2010, 11:09 AM
I am just giving you a hard time!
I can seee you have balls cause you got those ribbons supporting our troops!!

Thanks but the ribbons are a little self serving since I am and have been a member of the Canadian Forces for 8 years.

SOCALORADO.
04-13-2010, 12:37 PM
Thanks but the ribbons are a little self serving since I am and have been a member of the Canadian Forces for 8 years.

East Coast Fan
04-13-2010, 03:20 PM
Well, here we go. I still stand by my "feeling" that my Pens win a round or two and then bow out-I just see too many cracks in the armor, but I sure hope that I'm wrong! Perhaps they are just waiting for the playoffs to start, but they just don't seem as tough as last season. Crosby looks great, Malkin is kind of quiet as is Stall. Fleury is very shaky; pulled out of 8 games this season can't have done him good. But we will see...it's been a long, tough 2 seasons in a row that may be taking its toll on the guys-I hope that I am wrong and will GLADLY EAT MY WORDS!!!

"LET'S GO PENS" "LET'S GO PENS" "LET'S GO PENS" :elefant::viking::cheer2::balloons::clap2:

underrated29
04-13-2010, 09:38 PM
Didnt know where to put this...

Med- just saw the lottery on tv. You guys have the 7th pick. Edmonton took #1

Medford Bronco
04-14-2010, 03:05 PM
Didnt know where to put this...

Med- just saw the lottery on tv. You guys have the 7th pick. Edmonton took #1

They played too good in the 2nd half of the year.

I just hope the 7th pick is a good player.

I look forward to seeing either Taylor Hall or Tyler Seguin play for Boston, whom I follow as well.

underrated29
04-14-2010, 05:18 PM
They played too good in the 2nd half of the year.

I just hope the 7th pick is a good player.

I look forward to seeing either Taylor Hall or Tyler Seguin play for Boston, whom I follow as well.

I think Briuns and Tyler will fit in very nicely. Great Addition for an already solid scrappy team. With big joe out Tyler should be a great addition to their club...

Unfortunately for us Hall will be in our division with Edmonton. I still am not sure he will make the roster day 1. on any other team. But Edmonton he should make it fine. He is one hell of a player!

East Coast Fan
04-14-2010, 09:02 PM
See?????......

underrated29
04-14-2010, 09:30 PM
Game time baby!!!!

Goooooooooooooo aavvvvssssssssssssssss!!!!!!

Medford Bronco
04-14-2010, 10:10 PM
See?????......

Its only one game ECF. Dont worry. You were down 0-2 vs the Caps and won in 7.

underrated29
04-14-2010, 10:19 PM
First intermission 0-0..Both team had some good chances. This is going to be a good series. Last I saw the suck wings were up 2-1 on the dogs.

Sorry ecf. Was pulling for ya. but it will be a long series, med is right, you will bounce back!

underrated29
04-14-2010, 11:10 PM
1-0 AVS!! 2nd intermission. 20 minutes more with the lead. We can do this!!

pnbronco
04-14-2010, 11:47 PM
Phoenix wins round 1 against the Wings. Thanks for the thread, I do love this time of the year.

pnbronco
04-15-2010, 12:00 AM
OMG what a amazing shift and TJ!!!!!!!!!!! Oh and poor baby and his face, it's fitting....I can't believe they didn't call a foul on that!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO............HOOOOOOOOOOOOO Game one Baby.....Great Job and they are in their head..........WOOOOOOOOOOOOO
or Chris........that was amazing

Northman
04-15-2010, 12:03 AM
Way to go Avalanche way to go. thump thump. :)

BroncoAV06
04-15-2010, 12:05 AM
Ah what an exciting 3rd period. Gold start Avalanche!

Loved the energy at the start of the 3rd, aggresive on D and the penalty kill early in the period, and after the Sharks scored the Avs did not look phased at all, just kept coming strong and pulled it out.

weazel
04-15-2010, 12:25 AM
4 games, 4 "upsets"...

good games tonight, this is great!

Broncolingus
04-15-2010, 02:01 AM
Way to go Avs!!!!

Defense (and goaltending) was friggin awesome tonight...

...oh, and the Rox won in 10 too.

East Coast Fan
04-15-2010, 08:16 AM
Its only one game ECF. Dont worry. You were down 0-2 vs the Caps and won in 7.

Thanks for the encouragement, but this year's team is different. There isn't that "spark" to them like last season, I can just see it and "feel" it. Crosby has scored the least amount of his goals against Ottawa this season, and they held him to getting his first shot in the THIRD PERIOD-that ain't good. Oh sure, we'll bounce back (maybe) and win a few games-possibly the next one-but we're not going to go the distance this season; they're out of steam. And look at Fleury-shaky, again. Oh wel...

"Glory days-oh, they'll pass you by, glory days-in the wink of a young girl's eyes...glory daaaaayyyyssss!!!

I can't complain-it's been a long run, but I believe that the torch is being passed...

weazel
04-15-2010, 11:43 AM
Way to go Avs!!!!

Defense (and goaltending) was friggin awesome tonight...

...oh, and the Rox won in 10 too.

The Blue Jays win in 10 too! oh wait, nope... lost by 10. LOL

underrated29
04-15-2010, 02:38 PM
i will do my best to keep this thread updated, but work does tie me down. So anyone else please feel free to keep her going.

From memmory series stadings:

Ott 1-0
Bruins 1-0
flyers 1-0
Coyotes 1-0
Avs 1-0

All the winning teams were upsets Except for the dogs over the wings, but that could be interpretid as an upset even though technically the dogs are the higher seed. Seems like I left someone off the list...oh well, when I get home I can check it out further if no one updates it before then.

Some good series we have and Playoff Hockey is the best Playoffs of any sport and I love to watch All the games I can. So exciting!!!
GO AVS!!

Medford Bronco
04-15-2010, 03:03 PM
i will do my best to keep this thread updated, but work does tie me down. So anyone else please feel free to keep her going.

From memmory series stadings:

Ott 1-0
Bruins 1-0
flyers 1-0
Coyotes 1-0
Avs 1-0

All the winning teams were upsets Except for the dogs over the wings, but that could be interpretid as an upset even though technically the dogs are the higher seed. Seems like I left someone off the list...oh well, when I get home I can check it out further if no one updates it before then.

Some good series we have and Playoff Hockey is the best Playoffs of any sport and I love to watch All the games I can. So exciting!!!
GO AVS!!

lol the Bruins did not play yet until tonight:lol:

otherwise great job.

lastly great win for the Avs last night:beer:

underrated29
04-15-2010, 03:16 PM
lol the Bruins did not play yet until tonight:lol:

otherwise great job.

lastly great win for the Avs last night:beer:

BWAhahahahaha!!!!!

oh boy. Thanks Med!
:lol: :lol:

Medford Bronco
04-15-2010, 03:17 PM
BWAhahahahaha!!!!!

oh boy. Thanks Med!
:lol: :lol:

BTW I hope you are right. I like Tukka Rask.
:beer:

It will be hard though.

MileHighCrew
04-15-2010, 03:27 PM
Tonight the Nucks take out down the Kings

weazel
04-15-2010, 05:11 PM
Med you had asked what the Canes might go after. With the 7th pick, the Canes have options... do they want defense or offense?

Here is my take up to the 'Canes pick.

#1 and #2: Hall and Seguin will be 1,2 in either order. I think Edmonton would be smarter to go after Seguin as he is a natural centerman, but neither pick is questionable. Boston will scavenge the one that is left. Hall has more speed, and tons of it.

at #3, I see Florida going to defense, and Fowler is a stud. The guy is big, strong, and fassst.

#4 Columbus: They could go anywhere, I dont follow them enough... but Brett Connolly will probably be the safest pick. He's a great offensive threat.

Islanders at #5 could grab someone like McFarland to compliment Tavares, or go defense with Gormley. I say they go with the offense, it sells tickets. McFarland here... He is a power forward with good touch around the net.

#6 is Tampa, and I would say they nab Gormley, he's a steal at this spot. He has prven to be a shut down type that can score.

Canes at 7... still great players availalbe.
Gudbranson is a shut down defender without the scoring touch of Gormley.
Kabanov is a KHL right winger that is offensively gifted.
Tarasenko is another KHL cnterman, but is on the small side.

If they dont go with defense and pick Gudbranson, I say they skip the higher ranked KHL'rs and grab a guy thats not ranked in the top 10... They go after Nino Niederreiter. He has great puck control, great size, and plays a gritty WHL style game. I can't say enough about this guy.

If you watched the juniors, you seen this guy just take control. He played for the Swiss team, who in my mind is the 3rd or 4th best hockey power in the world right now.

Medford Bronco
04-15-2010, 07:59 PM
Med you had asked what the Canes might go after. With the 7th pick, the Canes have options... do they want defense or offense?

#1 and #2: Hall and Seguin will be 1,2 in either order. I think Edmonton would be smarter to go after Seguin as he is a natural centerman, but neither pick is questionable. Boston will scavenge the one that is left. Hall has more speed, and tons of it.

at #3, I see Florida going to defense, and Fowler is a stud. The guy is big, strong, and fassst.

#4 Columbus: They could go anywhere, I dont follow them enough... but Brett Connolly will probably be the safest pick. He's a great offensive threat.

Islanders at #5 could grab someone like McFarland to compliment Tavares, or go defense with Gormley. I say they go with the offense, it sells tickets. McFarland here... He is a power forward with good touch around the net.

#6 is Tampa, and I would say they nab Gormley, he's a steal at this spot. He has prven to be a shut down type that can score.

If they dont go with defense and pick Gudbranson, I say they skip the higher ranked KHL'rs and grab a guy thats not ranked in the top 10... They go after Nino Niederreiter. He has great puck control, great size, and plays a gritty WHL style game. I can't say enough about this guy.

If you watched the juniors, you seen this guy just take control. He played for the Swiss team, who in my mind is the 3rd or 4th best hockey power in the world right now.

Thanks Weazel:beer:

I would love Niederreiter. I dont want small players as they have enough of those. Anyone that can help them soon would be okay by me.

weazel
04-15-2010, 08:49 PM

McFadden got a hat trick today at the U-18 Worlds...

weazel
04-15-2010, 09:14 PM
who else seen that bitter capitals fan after the game! That was the funniest shit I have ever seen!

I will try to find a video of it once it comes up, he will be everywhere. What a toolbox!

BTW... Ovechkin was invisible.

weazel
04-16-2010, 03:26 PM
found a video of the retarded Capitals fan!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wOYiuUkcYTY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wOYiuUkcYTY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

underrated29
04-16-2010, 08:30 PM
Game starts in an hour!!!!!

Game Time BABY!!!

LETS GO AVALANCHE!!!!

Pens are 30 seconds away from winning and taking a 1-1 lead back to montreal.

Medford Bronco
04-16-2010, 08:33 PM
Nice Win ECF over the scrappy Sens.

Good luck Avs fans tonight.

Go Hawks as well.

Medford Bronco
04-16-2010, 08:41 PM
Also cant forget

GO COYOTES

Medford Bronco
04-16-2010, 08:42 PM
I have to say that I am impressed with Rinne of the Preds.

Never saw him play before. He is impressive tonight.

pnbronco
04-16-2010, 09:19 PM
I have to say that I am impressed with Rinne of the Preds.

Never saw him play before. He is impressive tonight.

Having fun tonight Med, this is close to heaven for you isn't it???

NJ has won, so they are tied 1-1 also. I do like Parise though.

I must of missed Nashville every time they came to Denver, but I don't know who Rinne is. I agree, I think he's played really well against a strong Hawks team.

pnbronco
04-16-2010, 09:59 PM
Wow Nashville won, did not see that one coming, esp the way the Hawks started out.......:eek:

BroncoBJ
04-16-2010, 10:26 PM
Damn just watched 20 minutes straight of hockey. :eek: .. Time for a break. :elefant: :lol:

underrated29
04-16-2010, 10:30 PM
1-1 1st inermission for AVS.

We are not looking that good. Defense is ok, but we are just sitting back and letting the sharks bring it to us. We MUST step it up and apply some pressure on them.

underrated29
04-16-2010, 11:20 PM
AVALANCHE let in another goal with 12 seconds left.

2nd Intermission tied up at 4-4. Avs need to get the lead again and keep the intensity up instead of slacking off.

Last I saw the dogs were up on the red wings.

underrated29
04-17-2010, 12:21 AM
AVS let the sharks score with 30 seconds left in the 3rd to tie it and send it to OT.

Avalanche can do this.
GO AVS! GO AVS!
AVALANCHE!

The redwings beat the dogs 7-5. Tied the series up at 1-1.

weazel
04-17-2010, 12:27 AM
Sharks have the momentum

Hawks played a pedestrian game tonight, didnt look like playoff hockey. pretty embarrassing... Niemi deflated the team by letting in another floater, once again. Hawks are going nowhere with their goalies...

BroncoAV06
04-17-2010, 12:45 AM
Great game, bull shit call, just slipped away from the Avs. It's a series folks!

Rob Blake it no longer matters you once played for the Avs, its to bad that the Avs don't have a huge dude to clean your clock legaly.

East Coast Fan
04-17-2010, 08:51 AM
Nice Win ECF over the scrappy Sens.

We can thank Crosby for that win, on BOTH ends of the ice! Did you see him knock that puck out just before it crossed the line? And he worked so hard shaking Spezza on that game-winning goal. Fleury gives up a goal 18 seconds in, but pretty much "righted the ship" after that. And that hit on Leopold was ferocious, but legal. I think that woke the guys up...Should be interesting to see how we do in Ottawa.

"LET'S GO PENS"

WTE
04-17-2010, 09:03 AM
Let's hope the refs don't fall for the Sabres' diving all over the place again like game 1. That was pathetic.

The Sabres are a bunch of cheap shot artists and cheaters just like their coach.

Right Med?

Northman
04-17-2010, 10:36 AM
I watched the end of that Avs game and was so pissed we gave it up at the end. But at least Colorado is giving them a fight.

Medford Bronco
04-17-2010, 03:09 PM
Let's hope the refs don't fall for the Sabres' diving all over the place again like game 1. That was pathetic.

The Sabres are a bunch of cheap shot artists and cheaters just like their coach.

Right Med?

Hi ya WTE. Yes Lindy is a puke.

Glad Boston won today. The series is hopefully going to be a good one:beer:

Medford Bronco
04-17-2010, 03:10 PM
I watched the end of that Avs game and was so pissed we gave it up at the end. But at least Colorado is giving them a fight.

That was aggravating. What a lucky bounce the Sharks got for the tying goal. I just knew they are in trouble in ot. They could have been up 2-0.

Good luck avs in the next game:beer:

Medford Bronco
04-17-2010, 03:12 PM
Sharks have the momentum

Hawks played a pedestrian game tonight, didnt look like playoff hockey. pretty embarrassing... Niemi deflated the team by letting in another floater, once again. Hawks are going nowhere with their goalies...

IMO the Hawks should have kept Kabibulin (sp)
I know he got hurt but in Chicago maybe he has a different year?

I still think they can win the series. BTW that goalie for the Preds Rinne was great.

weazel
04-17-2010, 06:04 PM
Hi ya WTE. Yes Lindy is a puke.

Glad Boston won today. The series is hopefully going to be a good one:beer:

Lindy played junior hockey here, so did his brother... Actually his brother still lives here. I really don't like his coaching style, he is kind of a douchebag. I have never really respected anyone on the Slugs, except for Lafontaine.

pnbronco
04-17-2010, 10:32 PM
I was watching the WASH/MONT game and fell asleep when the score was 3-1 Mont. Didn't check on the score till now. Wow that must of been some game. So everyone that has played twice is now tied up. Oh wait LA just tied up their game too, I really do love the playoffs. Too bad work gets in the way of me watching all of them....

Medford Bronco
04-18-2010, 09:04 AM
Lindy played junior hockey here, so did his brother... Actually they still live here in the off-season. I really don't like his coaching style, he is kind of a douchebag. I have never really respected anyone on the Slugs, except for Lafontaine.

I respected Rick Vaive:lol: back in the day :D

Medford Bronco
04-18-2010, 09:07 AM
I was watching the WASH/MONT game and fell asleep when the score was 3-1 Mont. Didn't check on the score till now. Wow that must of been some game. So everyone that has played twice is now tied up. Oh wait LA just tied up their game too, I really do love the playoffs. Too bad work gets in the way of me watching all of them....

It was a great game. I give Wash all the credit in the world. What a comeback.

I dont hate MTl like I did as a kid. They caused lots of pain to me rooting for Hartford and Boston. But it never breaks my heart to see them lose.

I think Wash vs Pitt would be the best ECF anyways:beer: We shall see.

WTE
04-18-2010, 09:41 AM
I respected Rick Vaive:lol: back in the day :D

Rick Vaive! Awesome Med. That's going back a few years. How about Tom Barasso, a local kid out of Acton/Boxboro.

Barasso is the only goalie to ever play in the NHL directly from high school and he's the youngest winner of the Vezina Trophy for best goaltender, as an 18-year old in 1984.

Still, I'm beginning to despise Suckalo as much as you Med. Great victory for Boston yesterday.

Now it's back in the Garden tied 1-1.

Medford Bronco
04-18-2010, 01:12 PM
Rick Vaive! Awesome Med. That's going back a few years. How about Tom Barasso, a local kid out of Acton/Boxboro.

Barasso is the only goalie to ever play in the NHL directly from high school and he's the youngest winner of the Vezina Trophy for best goaltender, as an 18-year old in 1984.

Still, I'm beginning to despise Suckalo as much as you Med. Great victory for Boston yesterday.

Now it's back in the Garden tied 1-1.

LOL :lol: sucalo.

The divers on that team are bad. I dont hate the team as much as Ruff.

btw here is my all time favorite Youtube Video:D

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/d_IXJ3EabsQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/d_IXJ3EabsQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Medford Bronco
04-18-2010, 06:30 PM
Nice win for the Coyotes today. :salute:

East Coast Fan
04-19-2010, 09:34 AM
Hey Avs fans-congrats on that OT win; man, your goalie was outstanding!! 51 saves...wow.

How about Pens/Avs for the Finals? I'll be happy to eat my words about my Pens being out of gas...:D

"LET'S GO PENS"!!

Medford Bronco
04-19-2010, 04:12 PM
Hey Avs fans-congrats on that OT win; man, your goalie was outstanding!! 51 saves...wow.

How about Pens/Avs for the Finals? I'll be happy to eat my words about my Pens being out of gas...:D

"LET'S GO PENS"!!

The Pens looked much better in Game 3 ECF. I think you will be fine for this series at least.

Go Bruins tonight.

Glad the Hawks played much better, but I am impressed with Rinne of the Preds. He is great.

WTE
04-20-2010, 06:37 AM
The Pens looked much better in Game 3 ECF. I think you will be fine for this series at least.

Go Bruins tonight.

Glad the Hawks played much better, but I am impressed with Rinne of the Preds. He is great.

Terrific victory last night for Boston. What a play by 42 year old mark Recchi knocking 25 year old Kennedy on his ass and then feeding the game winner to Bergeron.

Playoff hockey is back in Boston!

Medford Bronco
04-20-2010, 07:59 PM
Terrific victory last night for Boston. What a play by 42 year old mark Recchi knocking 25 year old Kennedy on his ass and then feeding the game winner to Bergeron.

Playoff hockey is back in Boston!

I own a special place in my heart for Recchi who was on the 05-06 Hurricanes and played really well on that Stanley Cup Winning team.

Go bruins. Keep it up. Make Ruff lose that puke :lol:

East Coast Fan
04-21-2010, 06:00 AM
I own a special place in my heart for Recchi who was on the 05-06 Hurricanes and played really well on that Stanley Cup Winning team.

That sounds familiar....:D. Glad to see him doing well at that age and not just "playing out the string" past his prime.

Hopefully we close Ottawa out tomorrow night-and I can't believe that the Cryers are handling the Devils, although I'm glad if they eliminate them. The Cryers were 5-1 versus them in the regular season, and it continues in the playoffs-wow...

"LET'S GO PENS" :cheer2::balloons:

WTE
04-21-2010, 07:19 AM

Go bruins. Keep it up. Make Ruff lose that puke :lol:

Recchi is one of the most talented, smartest and hardest working player on the Bruins. It's amazing what he's doing at 42.

underrated29
04-22-2010, 10:24 PM
Flyers knock of the Devils in a big upset... the #7 took out the #2....

Hows that Kovalev trade looking now?

Medford Bronco
04-23-2010, 07:35 PM
Glad the Hawks won last night.

Surprised Ottawa won. Sorry ECF. You will be fine.

The Bruins look like crap tonight. Ruff that jerk has Buffalo looking great so far.
Mtl is hanging in there as well.

Go Coyotes later on.

East Coast Fan
04-25-2010, 07:02 AM
Surprised Ottawa won. Sorry ECF. You will be fine.

You predicted it-glad to get past a very pesky Ottawa team. I thought for sure that we were going to have Game 7, and when it was 3-0 I said to my wife "why am I watching this?" and even changed channels for a minute, but then turned back-I'm glad I did! Still don't know how far we'll go, but they look okay. But after the game, Crosby said "we have to keep getting better" which is true-they're okay, but something is still a little "off"-but it's getting closer to being fixed.

"LET'S GO PENS" :elefant:

MileHighCrew
04-25-2010, 07:54 AM
Sorry Avs fans but it was a great run from your underrated and very talented young team. What a goalie you have in Anderson!!!

MasterShake
04-25-2010, 10:21 AM
The Avs made the playoffs and stood toe to toe mostly with a top seed team. Not bad for a bunch of youngins', the future looks bright!

Medford Bronco
04-25-2010, 11:54 AM
Glad Chicago win on a thriller.

I hope for Sharks now they elimnated the Avs, vs Hawks WCF

Medford Bronco
04-27-2010, 11:49 AM
Congratulations to the Bruins for emliminating the Sabres.

Rask did a great job. I dont hate Buffalo but cant stand their puke of a coach Lindy Ruff.

Also Glad the Hawks won as well. I would like to see a Hawks vs Sharks or Coyotes WCF.

Lastly the pesky Canadiens have taken the Caps to 7 games. They deserve a ton of credit for that. Never expected that. It would be great to see them win and Boston get home ice vs the Cryers as ECF would say :lol:

We shalls see

Go Coyotes tonight :salute:

East Coast Fan
04-27-2010, 03:25 PM
congratulations to the bruins for emliminating the sabres.

Rask did a great job. I dont hate buffalo but cant stand their puke of a coach lindy ruff.

Also glad the hawks won as well. I would like to see a hawks vs sharks or coyotes wcf.

Lastly the pesky canadiens have taken the caps to 7 games. They deserve a ton of credit for that. Never expected that. It would be great to see them win and boston get home ice vs the cryers as ecf would say :lol:

We shalls see

go coyotes tonight :salute:

"go habs go"!!!

weazel
04-28-2010, 11:00 AM
WAS - MON: Washington in 6. Only because Halak is playing well and I am guessing that Montreal's playoff veterans will step up a bit. Otherwise I would say 4.

NJ - PHI: Philly in 7. The Devils are a better team on paper but I say Philly take this one in a long tough series. I say they beat the Devils up and wear them down. Philly has owned NJ this season. In my head I say NJ in 4 or 5, but I have to pick an upset and I see this one as a big one if it happens.

BUF - BOS: Buffalo in 6. Miller will outshine Rask and Thomas. Boston is too inconsistent. Savard is their heart and soul, he is gone...

PIT - OTT: Pittsburgh in 5. Pittsburgh has too much firepower and Ottawa is hanging their hopes on a rookie goaltender.

SJ - COL: San Jose in 5. Colorado is not playing well at all. The Sharks had a hiccup but are playing very well going into the playoffs. It may go 5 or 6, but Anderson has to start playing like he was earlier in the season.

CHI - NAS: Chicago in 7. Chicago will control and outshoot Nashville by 15 to 20 shots in every game. It will still go to 7 games because Chicago doesn't have the goaltending, and they have been making fundamental mistakes in defensive coverage in the last 15 - 20 games.

VAN - LA: Vancouver in 6. I have never had faith in Vancouver... but they are playing some great hockey right now. LA just isn't there yet, but they have some great young players and will be making runs at the cup for the next few seasons for sure.

PHX - DET: Detroit in 4. Bye Phoenix... it's been a slice. Detroit is playing the best of all teams right now. Phoenix isn't in the same class. I wonder if we will be calling them the Jets next season?

Just checking in on my predictions...
WAS - MON: we will find out after game 7 tonight. I said WAS in 6.

NJ - PHI: I said PHI in 7, guess I gave NJ a little too much credit, PHI took it in 5

BUF -BOS: I go BUF in 6... well it went 6 games! Boston picked it up though

PIT - OTT: PIT in 5? well they won in 6, only because Elliott stood on his head and made 50+ saves in a game.

SJ - COL: SJ in 5? again, it went 6 but could have gone in 5 if it wasn't for a 50+ save performance by Anderson.

CHI - NAS: I thought it would take 7, but Chicago pulled one out of their hat in game 5 to take the series in 6.

VAN - LA: VAN did it in 6, looking good in this one.

PHX - DET: I said DET in 4, I didn't give Phoenix any credit at all. I guess I should have said in 6. I mean, Detroit won in 7, but Phoenix thought the series was over in 6 and didn't show up for the last game.

So far I am 6-1 with one more series to complete.

I will update the MON - WAS after the game tonight.

On a side note, I am in 3rd place (out of 50,000) in a national playoff hockey draft. Lets see if I can win one of the top 3 prizes!

pnbronco
04-28-2010, 08:44 PM
Well dang, there isn't one team left in the playoffs that I like anyone. I use to like the Sharks till Blake was such a jerk. I guess hockey really is over for me this season....hmmmm

Enjoy Med, I know there are several teams you still like.

BroncoAV06
04-28-2010, 08:54 PM
Washington=fail.

Philly, Boston, Montreal, doin work in the east. The Pens have to feel good about a return trip to the finals if they continue to play well.

Lets see don't like the Nucks, Sharks, or Wings so looks like the Hawks will be the ones I might pull for, maybe.

Flatinum
04-28-2010, 09:07 PM
Another big game by Ovechkin when it matters.

That's three years in a row the Caps have had a game 7 at home and they are 0-3

The great one's rise up when it counts.

Broncolingus
04-28-2010, 10:51 PM
Caps...

http://bloggedyou.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/laugh_ha_ha.jpg

SOCALORADO.
04-29-2010, 08:06 AM
Called it.
That Russian $$$Money Whore$$$ Ovechkin has no clue what it means to work hard and win.
I loved Melrose' response that Crosby was simply the better player because hes a true leader of his team who has been to 2 Stanley Cups, won 1, and has a Gold Medal. And in every instance, he was a deciding factor in his teams success.
Crosby= Best player in the world.
And i am not even a PITT or CAN fan!

Flatinum
04-29-2010, 08:16 AM
Called it.
That Russian $$$Money Whore$$$ Ovechkin has no clue what it means to work hard and win.
I loved Melrose' response that Crosby was simply the better player because hes a true leader of his team who has been to 2 Stanley Cups, won 1, and has a Gold Medal. And in every instance, he was a deciding factor in his teams success.
Crosby= Best player in the world.
And i am not even a PITT or CAN fan!

Been saying that for the past couple of years. When games mean something like the playoffs and Olympics, "The Dirty One" fails to show up, on top of that he becomes a selfish players and tries to do it on his own. How anyone could argue they'd rather have OV than Crosby I'll never know.

He scores goals folks, that's about it. Oh, yeah he takes cheap shots as well.

weazel
04-29-2010, 10:13 AM

Just checking in on my predictions...
WAS - MON: Looks like Montreal in 7. Damn Halak played well. I originally thought he would steal them a game or two, but he stole the series.

NJ - PHI: I said PHI in 7, guess I gave NJ a little too much credit, PHI took it in 5

BUF -BOS: I go BUF in 6... well it went 6 games! Boston picked it up though

PIT - OTT: PIT in 5? well they won in 6, only because Elliott stood on his head and made 50+ saves in a game.

SJ - COL: SJ in 5? again, it went 6 but could have gone in 5 if it wasn't for a 50+ save performance by Anderson.

CHI - NAS: I thought it would take 7, but Chicago pulled one out of their hat in game 5 to take the series in 6.

VAN - LA: VAN did it in 6, looking good in this one.

PHX - DET: I said DET in 4, I didn't give Phoenix any credit at all. I guess I should have said in 6. I mean, Detroit won in 7, but Phoenix thought the series was over in 6 and didn't show up for the last game.

So I ended up 6-2

on to the next round...

weazel
04-29-2010, 10:19 AM
PHI - BOS: I think the goaltending will catch up to Philly... if Boston can actually get to the net. I have to think BOS in 7

MON - PIT: PIT in 5... Crosby doesn't turn invisible in the playoffs like Ovechkin. This won't be the same as the WAS series.

DET - SJ: DET in 4... I just think Detroit is the best team in the playoffs and will win the cup. I see them owning SJ this series.

CHI - VAN: This one is so hard, the teams are so evenly matched. If Chicago was playing like they were earlier in the season I would say CHI in 5, but they haven't played great since early January. I'm gonna be a homer and say CHI in 7, but I think this one is just a toss up.

anyone else got a prediction?

Broncolingus
04-29-2010, 10:49 AM
Ovechkin is a no-heart, cheap-shot artist, and just generally a POS...

...I don't necessarily dislike the Caps (in fact, I'm neutral on the team), but I do not like that mother-****** at all.

Nice to see his ass get bounced early and glad to see most everyone is calling him out for the no-heart POS he is / showed...

Hey Ovechkin! Got this for ya, baby...!

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/rude/1/animated-finger.gif

MileHighCrew
04-29-2010, 02:05 PM
Washington in 5
Philly in 6
Buffalo in 6
Pittsburgh in 5
Chicago in 4
Vancouver in 5
Detroit in 7

Ok how did I do
Philly yes
Buffalo NO
Pitts yup
San Jose Yes
Chicago Yes
Vancity yes
Detroit in 7 good call
I think I forgot to pick Washington but I'll count that as a NO as I wouldn't have picked Montreal
So 6-2 not too bad

MileHighCrew
04-29-2010, 02:10 PM
Second round picks

Pittsburgh in 6
Philly in 5
Detroit in 7
Vancity in 6

East Coast Fan
04-29-2010, 02:16 PM
Wow...Flyers make easy work of the Devils, and the Habs out-distance the Caps in 7. Both those losing teams were our biggest problem this past season, as we couldn't beat either of them. It'll be interesting to see if the Habs and Cryers are for real or if they "shot the wad" in the first round-don't sell them short; they have to have some talent to have pulled those upsets off, although Philly owned Jersey all season.

"LET'S GO PENS"

weazel
04-29-2010, 04:43 PM
Ok how did I do
Philly yes
Buffalo NO
Pitts yup
San Jose Yes
Chicago Yes
Vancity yes
Detroit in 7 good call
I think I forgot to pick Washington but I'll count that as a NO as I wouldn't have picked Montreal
So 6-2 not too bad

:rockon:

weazel
04-29-2010, 04:45 PM
Wow...Flyers make easy work of the Devils, and the Habs out-distance the Caps in 7. Both those losing teams were our biggest problem this past season, as we couldn't beat either of them. It'll be interesting to see if the Habs and Cryers are for real or if they "shot the wad" in the first round-don't sell them short; they have to have some talent to have pulled those upsets off, although Philly owned Jersey all season.

"LET'S GO PENS"

actually, before the season started, people were picking those teams as Stanley Cup favorites. They just had unimpressive regular seasons.

Broncolingus
04-29-2010, 08:16 PM
http://www.websmileys.com/sm/music/musik23.gif Lets go, Sharks, lets go! http://www.websmileys.com/sm/music/musik23.gif

Broncolingus
04-29-2010, 08:29 PM
Goal, Sharks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suck it, Red Wings!!!!!!!!!

http://www.socal.com/absolutenm/articlefiles/1324-tripleh48.jpg

Broncolingus
04-29-2010, 08:29 PM
...oh, another goal for the Sharks in less than a minute!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Detroit...

Broncolingus
04-29-2010, 08:33 PM
Doh!

Sharks just scored...3-0 halfway thru the 1st period.

Ha, ha and suck it, Detroit!!!!

Medford Bronco
04-30-2010, 06:52 AM
Good win for the Sharks. They struggled at times but got the job done. :salute:

Medford Bronco
04-30-2010, 06:53 AM
My second round picks as I sucked in Round 1 lol

Sharks in 6
Hawks in 7
Bruins in 7
Pitt in 6

Medford Bronco
04-30-2010, 08:38 PM
Good win ECF tonight. I feel that your team is looking great. They have a chance to reapeat if the get enough good goaltending from Fleury. We shall see.

Go Hawks and Bruins tomorrow :salute:

East Coast Fan
05-01-2010, 06:54 AM
Good win ECF tonight. I feel that your team is looking great. They have a chance to reapeat if the get enough good goaltending from Fleury. We shall see.

Go Hawks and Bruins tomorrow :salute:

We power-played 'em to death, 4 for 4 after they held the Caps down with their good penalty killing. I'm sure that they'll come back with their adjustments; I'm concerned about Staal; have to go to the Pens website and check up on him.

Yes, Fleury is still a key factor-he still lets some soft ones in. Man, Dupuis is FLYING out there!!!

"LET'S GO PENS" :elefant:

Medford Bronco
05-03-2010, 06:42 AM
What a win by Boston on Sat. Glad Savard scored in OT after what he has been through.

Disappointed in Chicagos game 1. I hope for better in Game 2.

Glad the Sharks are up 2-0. Nice win again.

Tough loss ECF to a scrappy MTL team in game 2. Still you are the better team and should win but Halak is awesome.

pnbronco
05-03-2010, 09:44 AM
It was a nice win for the Sharks and I'm glad Thornton had the game winning goal. The press has been on his butt forever about not stepping up in the playoffs. It's pretty clear the Wings are not going to go down easy, so I hope the Sharks can keep it going. I've stopped being ticked at the team as a whole, still not happy with Blake, but I have a soft spot for Thornton.

East Coast Fan
05-03-2010, 02:22 PM
Tough loss ECF to a scrappy MTL team in game 2. Still you are the better team and should win but Halak is awesome.

Amazing how we dominated them in Game 1, and they made adjustments and settled down in Game 2. Yes, that goalie looked like he did against the Caps; anytime that you can get Crosby to smash his stick against the goal in frustration you must be doing good. And losing Stall hurts, badly-that kid is a horse on offense, defense and penalty-killing and you don't replace him easily.

Time for us to make our adjustments now...

"LET'S GO PENS"

Medford Bronco
05-03-2010, 02:29 PM
Amazing how we dominated them in Game 1, and they made adjustments and settled down in Game 2. Yes, that goalie looked like he did against the Caps; anytime that you can get Crosby to smash his stick against the goal in frustration you must be doing good. And losing Stall hurts, badly-that kid is a horse on offense, defense and penalty-killing and you don't replace him easily.

Time for us to make our adjustments now...

"LET'S GO PENS"

Dont worry you will be fine. IMHO

Also I hope the Bruins and Hawks win tonight :salute:

weazel
05-03-2010, 03:17 PM
Dont worry you will be fine. IMHO

Also I hope the Bruins and Hawks win tonight :salute:

I don't think it matters... The winner of the SJ - DET series is taking the cup home this season.

Medford Bronco
05-03-2010, 03:50 PM
I don't think it matters... The winner of the SJ - DET series is taking the cup home this season.

I would not be so sure of that one. Det has a rookie goalie and the Sharks always find a way to choke. I would welcome the Sharks winning. Det meh

Pitt can be a reapeat champ if they get there. We shall see.

I still hold out hope for the Hawks. Its only one bad game.

Medford Bronco
05-04-2010, 07:51 AM
Great night of hockey. The Bruins won in an exciting game
and the Hawks finally bounced back.

Go Sharks tonight (and Pens for ECF)

Medford Bronco
05-04-2010, 09:41 PM
I love seeing Det blow a game.

What a pass by Joe T in OT to win it.

Great job Sharks.

and nice gritty win for you ECF. Fleury was excellent in the 3rd period.

East Coast Fan
05-05-2010, 05:57 AM
and nice gritty win for you ECF. Fleury was excellent in the 3rd period.

The way that Montreal was flying in that 1st period I thought "man, we're in trouble", but we settled down and then took it to them the rest of the way. Fleury was definitely ON last night, and we kept enough pressure on in their zone and got the goals. I didn't think that we'd hold them scoreless but that was a pleasant suprise!

"LET'S GO PENS" "CHOKE CRYERS CHOKE" :lol:

Medford Bronco
05-05-2010, 08:27 AM
The way that Montreal was flying in that 1st period I thought "man, we're in trouble", but we settled down and then took it to them the rest of the way. Fleury was definitely ON last night, and we kept enough pressure on in their zone and got the goals. I didn't think that we'd hold them scoreless but that was a pleasant suprise!

"LET'S GO PENS" "CHOKE CRYERS CHOKE" :lol:

Those two saves in the 3rd, One on Cavalarri (not Calamari lol as I put) the other on the passing play in front where awesome.

lol at the Criers :lol: I like Lavi but not the team

Go Bruins and Hawks tonight :salute:

East Coast Fan
05-05-2010, 09:36 AM
Yes, he saved us big time last night; when he's on, he's really on. And not being smart, but I must admit that I wasn't disappointed when I heard that Bill Geurin wasn't in the lineup; he's done some good things for us, but he also at times looks his age, and giving the younger kids a chance I think was and is a better choice. I appreciate what he has done, but the younger guys seemed to give us some more energy last night.

And they said that Staal is skating already? Wow...I know it'll be awhile before he's back, but wow. These guys are tough!

Go Boston go!! :D

Medford Bronco
05-06-2010, 06:24 AM
Another great night of hockey.

The Bruins go up 3-0 over the Criers (ECF nickname lol)

and Chicago behind a great goaltending performance from Niemi goes up 2-1 in the series :salute:

BroncoAV06
05-06-2010, 08:30 PM
Everything went the Habs way in the 3rd. Play good put alot of pressure on the Pens and got the bounce on that 3rd goal.

Wings taking it to the Sharks not ready to go home.

underrated29
05-06-2010, 11:10 PM
The pens were all over them too. But hey luck happens sometimes.

We had to figure the sharks were not going to sweep the the wings. But still 6 goals...I think it was 6 maybe 5,, thats an awful lot of anger.

East Coast Fan
05-07-2010, 09:23 AM
The pens were all over them too. But hey luck happens sometimes.

We outplayed them, outshot them, did everything but outscore them. As great as Fleury looked the game before, he looked that bad last night, giving up that first soft goal 2 minutes into the game, then overplaying the second one, then they win it on a **** goal that bounces in off of Letang. Oh well, that's why they play the games; bring it back home and get back on track-hopefully Fleury will be "on".

"LET'S GO PENS"

underrated29
05-07-2010, 11:41 AM
We outplayed them, outshot them, did everything but outscore them. As great as Fleury looked the game before, he looked that bad last night, giving up that first soft goal 2 minutes into the game, then overplaying the second one, then they win it on a **** goal that bounces in off of Letang. Oh well, that's why they play the games; bring it back home and get back on track-hopefully Fleury will be "on".

"LET'S GO PENS"

You guys will be fine. The habs dont have enough. They surprised some teams, but thats as far as they can go.

underrated29
05-07-2010, 11:02 PM
chi town is just taking it to the imploding canucks. Vancouver has taken so many bad penalties in this game. Zero dicipline whatsoever....Which is fine because I HATE Vancouver and somewhat like the hawks.

And Boston wins an amazing game to keep their hopes alive- although i doubt they last.

Medford Bronco
05-08-2010, 05:32 PM
chi town is just taking it to the imploding canucks. Vancouver has taken so many bad penalties in this game. Zero dicipline whatsoever....Which is fine because I HATE Vancouver and somewhat like the hawks.

And Boston wins an amazing game to keep their hopes alive- although i doubt they last.

You mean Philly wins an amazing game;)

BTW great win for the Hawks. I hope SJ can oust Det tonight

Good luck ECF against those scrappy pain in the butt Habs

underrated29
05-08-2010, 11:51 PM
AHAHAHAHA

FU DETROIT!!!!!

Sharks take down the wings in 5 games.. Sharks moving on to the finals. probably, going to be Chicago. I hope.

Great win tonight too for the pens.

And yes, thanks Med, good win for philly against boston. They duel it out tomorrow. Sadly I will not be able to watch the game. Instead I will be on my way to mexico. Glad you are working again and detroit lost.

UP YOURS DETROIT!! HA HA.
I hate the wings sooo much. For the most part they lost with class though.

Medford Bronco
05-09-2010, 11:09 AM
Hope the Hawks can close it out tonight.

Good luck to Boston tomorrow night :beer:

Broncolingus
05-09-2010, 01:49 PM
Watching the Dead Wings get bounced is always something that makes meesa happy...

East Coast Fan
05-09-2010, 06:34 PM
We got 'em where we want 'em now, but they ain't going away very easily! They are a pain in the ass team to play and they have a good goalie and it's easy to see why they knocked the Caps out. But I think that our depth and experience is slowly overtaking them. They are really shutting down Crosby, but the other guys are picking it up. Hopefully we put 'em away tomorrow night, although they'll be desperate. It should be a war....

"LET'S GO PENS" :cheer2::viking::laser:

Medford Bronco
05-09-2010, 06:56 PM
We got 'em where we want 'em now, but they ain't going away very easily! They are a pain in the ass team to play and they have a good goalie and it's easy to see why they knocked the Caps out. But I think that our depth and experience is slowly overtaking them. They are really shutting down Crosby, but the other guys are picking it up. Hopefully we put 'em away tomorrow night, although they'll be desperate. It should be a war....

"LET'S GO PENS" :cheer2::viking::laser:

You will be fine ECF. Now lets get Boston to beat the Criers lol

Go Hawks tonight.

Hawks vs Sharks would be a wonderful WCF

Boston vs Pitt would be too. ECF I would have to pull for Boston but I do respect the Pens, except for that punk Cooke

Medford Bronco
05-10-2010, 11:37 AM
disappointing game for the Hawks.

Go Bruins tonight.

Still have a dream of an all original 6 final. You never know.

but with my sucky picking it will be Pitt vs SJ lol (thats okay for ECF)

East Coast Fan
05-10-2010, 03:01 PM
disappointing game for the Hawks.

Go Bruins tonight.

Still have a dream of an all original 6 final. You never know.

but with my sucky picking it will be Pitt vs SJ lol (thats okay for ECF)

That's okay by me! :D Hopefully we put them away tonight and don't have to see a Game 7 back at the Igloo.

Yeah, Cookie plays hard and rough, but it's not always clean. He has to watch himself. Suprised to see him score a few times this playoff. And I can't believe how well Staal is playing with that bad foot-that kid is amazing!

HOEPFULLY, FLEURY IS ON TONIGHT.....:rolleyes::shocked:

"LET'S GO PENS" "LET'S GO PENS" "LET'S GO PENS" :elefant::cheer2::dancing2::dancing:

Medford Bronco
05-10-2010, 08:26 PM
Bruins looked like crap tonight.

bTW Halak is good ECF. Good luck the rest of the way. If you get Game 7, it is at home so you get an edge there.

Bruins i hope win in Philly in Game 6. They look like cow dung today

pnbronco
05-10-2010, 10:10 PM
That was a great game. I could not believe how good Halak is. I can hardly wait till game 7.

East Coast Fan
05-11-2010, 06:02 AM
This is EXCRUTIATING to watch for me...I wanted to throw the remote at the TV I get so frustrated :mad:. We outplay them, outshoot them, hit 3 posts, Fleury looks out of sorts, and lose again. The only good things are that we are coming home, and if this win-lose pattern continues we will win.

They are a pain to play; gotta give them and the goalie credit!!

"LET'S GO PENS" PLEASE....GO....:mad: :lol:

East Coast Fan
05-11-2010, 07:55 AM
bTW Halak is good ECF.

He's good but his posts were even better last night....:lol:

East Coast Fan
05-11-2010, 01:02 PM
And that first goal that they scored because Letang not only coughed up the puck but fell down made me want to throw a chair at the television....but then I came to my senses.

But that SUCKED!!!!! :mad:

Medford Bronco
05-12-2010, 12:18 AM
Excellent win for Chicago bouncing back.

Now I hope Boston can do it tomorrow night as well. ECF you should get a win I would think.

I am really looking forward to the WCF of the Sharks vs the Hawks. For once the 1 and 2 seeds will play each other. (not in the east lol)

East Coast Fan
05-12-2010, 09:19 PM
Well, it had been a great run; I can't complain about the last 3 years. Hats off to Montreal and that goalie as they did a very good job not only against us but the Caps; perhaps they are this season's "team of destiny". We have some questions to be answered, as both Fleury and Gonchar were way out there tonight...but that's why they play the games.

"It sure was one helluva ride"...

"LET'S GO PENS" :salute:

Broncolingus
05-13-2010, 10:18 AM
Well, it had been a great run; I can't complain about the last 3 years. Hats off to Montreal and that goalie as they did a very good job not only against us but the Caps; perhaps they are this season's "team of destiny". We have some questions to be answered, as both Fleury and Gonchar were way out there tonight...but that's why they play the games.

"It sure was one helluva ride"...

"LET'S GO PENS" :salute:

Classy post, East...:salute:

...and sorry ya'll were knocked out.

Of any series, that one was my 'lock' and NO way I would've picked the Habs to win, but like you said, that's why they play the game.

Halak sure did play great...

East Coast Fan
05-13-2010, 12:38 PM
Classy post, East...:salute:

...and sorry ya'll were knocked out.

Of any series, that one was my 'lock' and NO way I would've picked the Habs to win, but like you said, that's why they play the game.

Halak sure did play great...

Thanks...I'm fine with it, really, because two years ago we finished # 2, won the Cup last season, and went into round 2 this season-a lot of teams would love to accomplish half of that. Like I said awhile back, I could tell that we just were missing a little "spark" this season, and I think it showed in this series. But that Halak was like a brick wall at times, and they played well as a team and deserved to win it. What concerns me is how Fleury went either "on or off"; he really wasn't the same after the Olympic break-whether that was it or not I don't know, but he was either great or soft. Oh well....I thought it was nice at the end when the players stood on the ice and "saluted" the fans; sad to see the Igloo close. It's been a great run-we'll be back....look at Detroit, they ran out of juice too. It's been a LOT of hockey the last 2 years, and it caught up to us.

Medford Bronco
05-13-2010, 03:12 PM
tough loss ECF. You still have a great nucleus and will be fine next year.

how about Boston almost choking. I know most here hate Boston but the Bruins are not hateable, at least to Bronco and Avs fans IMO

I hope they win on Friday. I hate the Flyers because of their dirtiness. I like Lavi but this is not Lavis type of team IMO.

We shall see.

Goo Hawks all the way.

Medford Bronco
05-13-2010, 03:21 PM
Lavi is dong a great job coaching the "cryers" as ECF would say.

He has gotten a lot out of a mediocre goalie in Leighton.

I respect him and some of the players but hate Hartnell with a passion.

weazel
05-13-2010, 04:32 PM
I posted something for you in the other hockey thread, Med.

... In playoff news it looks like the Bruins are done, they got nothing left.

Medford Bronco
05-13-2010, 04:36 PM
I posted something for you in the other hockey thread, Med.

... In playoff news it looks like the Bruins are done, they got nothing left.

I will check it out. Thanks :salute:

I would love to see MTL vs Boston. Just like the old days for a Conference Final from when I was a kid.

BTW is it the Canes getting Jared Staal?

I hope he is 3/4 of Eric and I will be happy

Medford Bronco
05-14-2010, 06:35 PM
The Bruins are all over Philly so far. They are up 2-0 and it could be 4-0 with the two pipes Boston hit.

***Edit SCORE..............3-0 Bruins. My dreams of an original 6 series is still alive. :salute: *********

Medford Bronco
05-14-2010, 06:42 PM
Bad goal that Tuuka gave up. 3-1 Bruins.

It should be a barn burner. Go Bs

East Coast Fan
05-14-2010, 06:56 PM
We might be out, but I still enjoy saying this:

"CHOKE CRYERS CHOKE"

"GO HOME CRYERS" :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

"LET'S GO PENS" We'll be back....:lol:

BroncoAV06
05-14-2010, 08:34 PM
AHAHAH that is an EPIC Boston fail!

Medford Bronco
05-14-2010, 09:01 PM
AHAHAH that is an EPIC Boston fail!

That sucked. I hate the Flyers just as much as I hate the Raiders.

Go Habs and Hawks.

East Coast Fan
05-14-2010, 09:05 PM
I am CONVINCED that I am living in a parallel universe; us, the Devils and Caps are OUT, and the Cryers come back in the series and that game. Wow.....:confused:

This is just too much, to see them move on like that...

Boston, WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED????

Medford Bronco
05-14-2010, 09:25 PM
I am CONVINCED that I am living in a parallel universe; us, the Devils and Caps are OUT, and the Cryers come back in the series and that game. Wow.....:confused:

This is just too much, to see them move on like that...

Boston, WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED????

Boston choked. It sucks. Glad they are not my favorite team.

My fav team did not make the playoffs. lol

I respect Boston but that was sour

Go Habs and Hawks.

Northman
05-15-2010, 01:08 PM
Although i havent watched every game this playoff season you have to give it up for the Flyers and Canadiens because those two clubs are bringing it.

Broncolingus
05-15-2010, 02:31 PM
I cannot believe how the Bruins gave that game away...:tsk:

Northman
05-15-2010, 02:39 PM
I cannot believe how the Bruins gave that game away...:tsk:

Not just the game but the series.

Broncolingus
05-15-2010, 02:50 PM
Not just the game but the series.

Yup...:salute:

Medford Bronco
05-15-2010, 10:05 PM
Yup...:salute:

I hate the Dirty Flyers since the 70s.

Go Habs.

The only thing I like about the Flyers is the coach.

pnbronco
05-16-2010, 02:07 PM
Sorry Guys but.....

GO SHARKS!!!!!

Medford Bronco
05-16-2010, 02:50 PM
Sorry Guys but.....

GO SHARKS!!!!!

NOOOO JK

if they beat Chicago I will root for them over either team in the East :salute:

pnbronco
05-16-2010, 03:03 PM
NOOOO JK

if they beat Chicago I will root for them over either team in the East :salute:

I'll do the same if the Hawks win......:D

Broncolingus
05-16-2010, 06:56 PM
Effing Flyers...:tsk:

Cmon, Habs!!!!

Broncolingus
05-16-2010, 07:09 PM
GD flyers!!!!

2-0

Crap!!!!

C'mon, Habs...lets get it going!!!

Broncolingus
05-16-2010, 07:15 PM
F*&^!!!!!

3-0 fagers...don't see the Habs coming back from that tonight.

Habs look flat and fagers look sharp...

Habs will get 'em in game two.

Broncolingus
05-16-2010, 07:27 PM
Bye-bye Halak...

Medford Bronco
05-16-2010, 08:06 PM
What a crap effort by MTL. Oh well....

Go Western Conference team

Great job by the Hawks.

East Coast Fan
05-16-2010, 09:08 PM
I don't even know what to say.

Wow.....:shocked::confused:

Broncolingus
05-18-2010, 08:20 PM
3-0 fagers...that's the game and a 2-0 lead in the series.

Effing flyers!

Medford Bronco
05-18-2010, 08:39 PM
3-0 fagers...that's the game and a 2-0 lead in the series.

Effing flyers!

Go Hawks. The West is our chance Broncolingus. Screw the Dirty Flyers. Maybe MTL can get the leprachauns in MTL for game 3 :lol:

Broncolingus
05-18-2010, 08:43 PM
Go Hawks. The West is our chance Broncolingus. Screw the Dirty Flyers. Maybe MTL can get the leprachauns in MTL for game 3 :lol:

I'm with you, brother...

Maybe the Habs can steal it back and I'm (and always have been) a Western boy...

...football too!

Broncolingus
05-18-2010, 09:36 PM
Hawks up 1-0 near the end of the 1st...

I'm happy...

...and of course, I've now totally jinxed them too.

:D

Medford Bronco
05-20-2010, 09:34 PM
Great win for the Habs tonight. :salute:

Glad we might have a series finally.

underrated29
05-20-2010, 09:41 PM
dang I missed the entire game. maybe thats what it takes for them to win.

Was the game exciting at all? The first two have been rather slow paced and boring. Unlike our great series of the sharks and hawks. Much faster much more entertaining. And i like the hawks...

Broncolingus
05-20-2010, 11:35 PM
dang I missed the entire game. maybe thats what it takes for them to win.

Was the game exciting at all? The first two have been rather slow paced and boring. Unlike our great series of the sharks and hawks. Much faster much more entertaining. And i like the hawks...

It was exciting if you wanted the faggers to lose...

...whatever you did tonight, dude, keep doing it!

East Coast Fan
05-21-2010, 06:33 AM
Yesterday at work I was talking to the owner of the company-he went to Game 2 in Philly the other night, and he said "practically the whole game was played in front of the Cryers goal; even though they won they didn't look that good", so maybe the momentum is turning with that pounding that they took last night.

They HAVE to lose because I can't take listening to their fans if they win....

"LET'S GO PENS" :D

underrated29
05-21-2010, 11:18 AM
Original 6 baby. Thats all I have to say.

Original 6!

Broncolingus
05-21-2010, 09:54 PM
GD Sharks...forcing OT!

Cmon, Hawks!!!!

Broncolingus
05-21-2010, 10:16 PM
Whoo-hoo, Hawks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3-0 series lead, baby!

Medford Bronco
05-22-2010, 11:52 AM
What a nice goal by Byfglin (sp)

5 more wins Hawks. Go Chicago at the Madhouse on Madison :salute:

Broncolingus
05-22-2010, 01:48 PM
What a nice goal by Byfglin (sp)

5 more wins Hawks. Go Chicago at the Madhouse on Madison :salute:

I don't know what I'd rather see...

A Hawks/Habs series where no matter who won, I'd be happy...

...or a Hawks/Cryers series where I have a team (guess who?) that I want to crush the other.

BTW...NBA has something going on? :D

Broncolingus
05-22-2010, 07:09 PM
Well, I guess the Cryers/Habs game today pretty much decided which type of series it'll be above...

Darn Habs...:tsk:

East Coast Fan
05-22-2010, 09:42 PM
Well, I guess the Cryers/Habs game today pretty much decided which type of series it'll be above...

Darn Habs...:tsk:

I can't take this....the only redeeming "silver lining" to this will hopefully be the Cryers making the Finals only to get whacked by Chicago.

"Go Hawks go"

Broncolingus
05-23-2010, 05:31 PM
It's official...

Congrats and go Hawks! :salute:

Last time they hoisted the cup was 1961...

...next time will be 2010!

Medford Bronco
05-23-2010, 05:36 PM
It's official...

Congrats and go Hawks! :salute:

Last time they hoisted the cup was 1961...

...next time will be 2010!

I hope you are right. They deserve it big time.

What a horrible effort by SJ. To get swept when you were the Presidents Trophy winner is pretty sad.

Go Habs and make the Flyers or Criers as ECF would say work for their series win.

pnbronco
05-24-2010, 10:23 AM
A big Congrats to the Hawks and all their fans. Man did their goalie really step it up for the playoffs.

I'm ok with what ever happens from here on out and look forward to a great Stanley Cup Final.

I am a major fan of Ian Laperriere and this was a really nice article on him. He is that guy that makes you love hockey for all the right reasons, I can only be happy for him if he gets his name on the cup.

http://www.versus.com/blogs/no-holding-back/flyers-laperriere-one-for-the-ages/

pnbronco
05-24-2010, 06:20 PM
OMG....what the heck just happened...that was nuts!

Broncolingus
05-24-2010, 06:35 PM
At least the Habs showed up for this game and aren't rolling over...

C'mon Habs!!!

East Coast Fan
05-26-2010, 02:22 PM
Talked to my buddy last night that is a Broncos/Blackhawks fan; he's ready and isn't too worried. He thinks that the Hawks will win it in 6 games-we'll see. He is NOT a Cryers fan either, and said "if we lose to them I'll jump off the 8th Street Bridge" :shocked:

Hopefully he stays on solid ground and doesn't have to plunge! :laugh:

I STILL SAY "LET'S GO PENS" WE'LL BE BACK!!!!! :lol:

underrated29
05-26-2010, 02:24 PM
Id say 5. Perhaps even a sweep....I know I am totally writing off the flyers, but i hate them and do not think they are as good as advertised. They remind me of edmonton a few years back. A more talented team then the oil, but still.

HAWKS!!!!:beer:

weazel
05-26-2010, 04:55 PM
well, a lot of people picked the Flyers to be in the Finals before the season even started, they have a lot of great players.

Go Hawks!

Broncolingus
05-26-2010, 05:26 PM
well, a lot of people picked the Flyers to be in the Finals before the season even started, they have a lot of great players.

Go Hawks!

Cryers have 'looked' better and better as the playoffs have progressed...

...while I'm pulling for the Hawks, I am much LESS confident than most it's a done-deal.

In fact, I (reluctantly) picked the Cryers to take it all in my poll...

...I hope I'm wrong.

Go Hawks!!!

pnbronco
05-26-2010, 07:12 PM
Cryers have 'looked' better and better as the playoffs have progressed...

...while I'm pulling for the Hawks, I am much LESS confident than most it's a done-deal.

In fact, I (reluctantly) picked the Cryers to take it all in my poll...

...I hope I'm wrong.

Go Hawks!!!

Sorry guys but I thought so too, they have just gotten stronger. Between them and the HABS, look who all got knocked off, sorry ECF. Plus they got Carter back and Lappy brings that extra heart into the whole thing.

I'm so looking forward to the playoffs, with my heart not caring either way. (well maybe a little for Lappy, I'm so glad he's in the finals)

East Coast Fan
05-27-2010, 10:12 AM
Sorry guys but I thought so too, they have just gotten stronger. Between them and the HABS, look who all got knocked off, sorry ECF. )

Thanks for the condolences, but I'm fine! :laugh:

"WE'LL BE BACK" New arena, new trophy!! Maybe....:lol:

Broncolingus
05-27-2010, 10:35 AM

"Can I get an, Amen!!"

http://pastorpeterko.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/preacher-460x360.jpg

MileHighCrew
05-27-2010, 10:37 AM
Chicago in 5 that is my pick

Medford Bronco
05-28-2010, 08:16 PM
I think so under the radar players will have a good series.

I look for Patrick Sharp to do well for the Hawks and for the Flyers maybe Aaron Asham to step it up

I also like Bolland and Ladd for the Hawks. They are grit players that are key to any championship.

Go Hawks, make Denis Savard proud :salute: (My favorite all time non-Whaler/Cane player from when I was growing up)

Medford Bronco
05-28-2010, 08:23 PM
Thanks for the condolences, but I'm fine! :laugh:

"WE'LL BE BACK" New arena, new trophy!! Maybe....:lol:

Its go home Dirty Flyers and Moose Dupont, David Shultz and Ed VanImpe, Mel Bridgeman and Paul Holmgren:lol:

Hawks win it for
Bobby Hull, Stank Mikita, Glen Hall, Denis Savard, Tony Esposito, Keith Magnuson (RIP), Rick Vaive, Doug Wilson, Murray Bannerman, Jeremy Roenick, Tony Amonte, Denis Hull, Chris Chelios, Eddie the Eagle Belfour, Wayne Pressley, Dirk Graham, Steve Larmer, Ed Olyczk, Jeff Hackett, Dave Noonan (I think lol, no googling just from memory), Brent Sutter and Stephane Matteau. :beer::salute:

pnbronco
05-28-2010, 11:06 PM
Its go home Dirty Flyers and Moose Dupont, David Shultz and Ed VanImpe, Mel Bridgeman and Paul Holmgren:lol:

Hawks win it for
Bobby Hull, Stank Mikita, Glen Hall, Denis Savard, Tony Esposito, Keith Magnuson (RIP), Rick Vaive, Doug Wilson, Murray Bannerman, Jeremy Roenick, Tony Amonte, Denis Hull, Chris Chelios, Eddie the Eagle Belfour, Wayne Pressley, Dirk Graham, Steve Larmer, Ed Olyczk, Jeff Hackett, Dave Noonan (I think lol, no googling just from memory), Brent Sutter and Stephane Matteau. :beer::salute:

Ummmm Med, you do remember that Roenick and Amonte were Flyers???.....:laugh:
Also Chelios was a Red Wing.......:rolleyes: and Belfour well he was never a Flyer but just kind mean, just saying....:lol: (sorry)

East Coast Fan
05-29-2010, 07:49 AM

I wonder if the fans in Chicago will "adopt" this mock cheeer like we do in Pittsburgh. I'm guessing not, but you never know. If you're not familiar with it, you'll hear it in Philly as they say "Let's go Flyers" clap-clap-clap clap clap, and when it is late in the game and they are losing to my Pens in Pitt we change it to "Go home Flyers" clap, etc. I don't know if the Hawks fans will pick up on it or not.

All I see on TV and the newspapers is Cryers; all I hear about now is the Cryers "bandwagon" fans that are rooting for them but couldn't name 3 players on the team if they tried. UGGGHHHH.....

"LET'S GO PENS" still....as time goes by, and we're out of it, I seem to appreciate even more what they did the last couple of seasons. :salute:

"GO HAWKS"

Medford Bronco
05-29-2010, 01:19 PM
Ummmm Med, you do remember that Roenick and Amonte were Flyers???.....:laugh:
Also Chelios was a Red Wing.......:rolleyes: and Belfour well he was never a Flyer but just kind mean, just saying....:lol: (sorry)

lol I erase all memory of those great players being Flyers.

and Chelios best career games were in the Windy City, not the Dead Wings :lol:

Medford Bronco
05-29-2010, 01:20 PM
I wonder if the fans in Chicago will "adopt" this mock cheeer like we do in Pittsburgh. I'm guessing not, but you never know. If you're not familiar with it, you'll hear it in Philly as they say "Let's go Flyers" clap-clap-clap clap clap, and when it is late in the game and they are losing to my Pens in Pitt we change it to "Go home Flyers" clap, etc. I don't know if the Hawks fans will pick up on it or not.

All I see on TV and the newspapers is Cryers; all I hear about now is the Cryers "bandwagon" fans that are rooting for them but couldn't name 3 players on the team if they tried. UGGGHHHH.....

"LET'S GO PENS" still....as time goes by, and we're out of it, I seem to appreciate even more what they did the last couple of seasons. :salute:

"GO HAWKS"

For Eddy olyczk who was a Pen and Hawk. Go Hawks :D

Broncolingus
05-29-2010, 02:25 PM
Go hawks!!!

Broncolingus
05-29-2010, 08:07 PM
3-2 Cryers - at the end of the 1st period no less!

Lots of game (and series) left of course, but as expected (and unfortunately), this doesn't look like its going to be a mail-in for the Hawks as many had foreseen...

Shit...

underrated29
05-29-2010, 09:06 PM
Cant believe this. 5-5....Chicago can score at will...the cryers keep taking advantage of breakdowns and penalties.

Seriously though 10 goals and we have not even hit the 3rd yet...wow!!

Broncolingus
05-29-2010, 09:59 PM
Absolutely incredible first game of the series...

6-5 Hawks!!!!

Defense and 'crispness' definetly took this game off, but the Cryers certainly hung with Chicago the entire game.

NO WAY would I have bought if someone was selling Cryers hang 5 goals on the Hawks in a game, but that's why they play.

Looks like it's going to be a great series...

...and, oh goody...

...now all that's left on is the NBA.

(...I wonder who's playing MLB tonight...)

East Coast Fan
05-30-2010, 08:17 AM
A very wild but sloppy start to the Series. Been listening to the "experts" analyzing this game, and one set says that Cryers goalie Leighton "didn't come up with the big saves when needed", and the Cryers announcers say "we really can't blame Leighton" :confused:I think Philly is in it more than we thought, like you said it isn't going to be a mail-in for Chicago; I look for the Cryers to settle down and rebound.

There were Cryers fans and parties going on in the neighborhood last night as I could hear them yelling when they scored; I wanted to go down there and chant "Let's Go Pens" but thought better of it-drunk Cryers fans are not "pleasant" people, especially when they lose! :lol:

If one more person asks me "are you rooting for the Flyers?" I'll either kill them, myself or both....:mad::tsk::D

weazel
05-30-2010, 07:21 PM
once again, the team playing the Blackhawks can pretty much do whatever the **** they want and get away with it. Blackhawks were the 2nd lest penalized team this season and the Flyers I think were the most.

Medford Bronco
05-30-2010, 08:55 PM
I will take a game 1 win.

I hope Leighton is off his fairy tale ride and plays like he did with the Canes. Not very good.

Go Hawks.

Broncolingus
05-31-2010, 08:46 PM
Leighton is looking good so far tonight (unfortunately)...both goalies are looking good.

...Chicago's defense doesn't look ultra-sharp either, but the offense is starting to pour it on here in the second half of the 2nd.

Go Hawks!!!

Broncolingus
05-31-2010, 08:57 PM
Leighton is looking good so far tonight (unfortunately)...both goalies are looking good.

...Chicago's defense doesn't look ultra-sharp either, but the offense is starting to pour it on here in the second half of the 2nd.

Go Hawks!!!

...and my jinx worked!!!

Cryers defense finally craps and the Hawks get their first. and then Leighton gives up a semi-cheap one of a laser beam wrister by Eager.

Broncolingus
05-31-2010, 09:58 PM
Another incredible game...2-1 Hawks!

Niemi was friggin lights-out tonight...

Go Hawks!!!

Medford Bronco
05-31-2010, 11:04 PM
Not pretty for the Hawks but a win nonetheless.

The second goal Leighton gave up was soft.

2 down and 2 to go.

underrated29
06-01-2010, 11:33 AM
I will give philly cred. They are hanging in a lot tougher than i thought they would.

As expected this last game was not the high scoring goal fest of game 1. But I was expecting to see the hawks put up 3/4. Still a win is a win for us!!!

Kane and Teows are going to really heat things up next game I think. I love the hitting and phsycal play by both teams though..

Even though I hate the flyers and am somewhat a hawks fan. This has been a really fun series to watch so far. Very enjoyable!

Medford Bronco
06-01-2010, 07:08 PM
I will give philly cred. They are hanging in a lot tougher than i thought they would.

As expected this last game was not the high scoring goal fest of game 1. But I was expecting to see the hawks put up 3/4. Still a win is a win for us!!!

Kane and Teows are going to really heat things up next game I think. I love the hitting and phsycal play by both teams though..

Even though I hate the flyers and am somewhat a hawks fan. This has been a really fun series to watch so far. Very enjoyable!

I dont hate all the Flyer players, just the punks like Carcillo and Hartnell.

I like Lavi and even the dirty Pronger from his days in Hartford.
I respect Richards, Briere and Gagne as well

I just dont like Phillys history of chippiness.

BTW Eager is hitting everything in sight and he was a Flyer before.

pnbronco
06-01-2010, 07:22 PM
I dont hate all the Flyer players, just the punks like Carcillo and Hartnell.

I like Lavi and even the dirty Pronger from his days in Hartford.
I respect Richards, Briere and Gagne as well

I just dont like Phillys history of chippiness.

BTW Eager is hitting everything in sight and he was a Flyer before.

Oh Med your memory is getting better....;) (sorry I've been getting some sleep and working outside)

When the Flyers came to Denver Richards and Briere were just sooo nice and of course there is my Lappy. Actually Pronger was the nicest I've ever seen him and almost friendly.

The Hawks goalie has really been on fire.

I missed the first game because we were at a concert on the 16th Street mall. The funny thing is that the lead singer for "Five for Fighting" is a major hockey fan, hence the name of his band. We had e-mailed each other for years but never met. So after the concert he went to the Merch table and was signing auto's. When I introduced myself he said oh hi and then at the same time we both said "who won the game?"

Medford Bronco
06-02-2010, 08:52 PM
Good job by the Hawks fighting back to tie it going into the 3rd period.

come on Chicago but Philly behind the 8 ball.

weazel
06-02-2010, 10:24 PM
Hawks played horrible. The constant line matching cost them in the end. Hard to get a flow going when you are constantly changing.

The Buff penalty that led to the PP goal for Philly was pathetic as well. Pronger crosschecked him 3 times, Buff slaps his stick and gets a penalty.

McCreary has now reffed 4 Hawks playoff games, in those games, the opposition now has 4 penalties... In two of those games, the opposition had 0 penalties. That is impossible.

Broncolingus
06-03-2010, 05:17 PM
I really thought the Hawks 'lost' that game more than the Cryers won it - if that makes sense?

I gotta be honest, Weaz, I'm going to start looking a little more at what you're talking about above for the rest of the series.

F-Pronger and the Cryers!

Go Hawks!!!

Medford Bronco
06-03-2010, 08:28 PM
Just play better and the Hawks win. they are so much better than the dirty Flyers it is not even funny. F Carcillo and Hartnell. They are pond scum they way they play.

weazel
06-04-2010, 03:24 PM
the way I see it, that game was a must win for the Flyers. If there was one game that they were definitely going to win, it was that one. The Blackhawks didn't help themselves much, very sloppy game. I do have to say that Hossa is the best player on the ice, he has elevated his game while a few of his teammates are kind of going through the motions.

I think Kopecky has played a really good series as well. Ladd is supposed to be back tonight, so I see Burish getting yanked and put in the press box. I would say Byfuglien is playing bad, but he isn't. He is constantly getting hacked in the back of the neck and legs by Pronger and the ref's refuse to do anything about it. If Byfuglien retaliates, he gets a penalty, there is nothing he can do.

East Coast Fan
06-04-2010, 06:38 PM
HUGE swing game tonight; you lose and it's tied at 2, you win and you're up 3-1 with the chance to clinch it at home, something that my Pens never had the chance to do-it was always clinched on the road. But I'll take that!

One of the neighbors has a Cryers banner hanging on his front door; I SO want to light it on fire and ring the doorbell, but I HAVE to restrain myself.

I AM serious about doing that.....:D

C'mon Hawks-push them to the brink of elimination tonight in their house!!!

We're STILL the best hockey team in PA!!! I DON'T CARE!!! :eviltongue::laser::ridinghorse:

Broncolingus
06-04-2010, 09:45 PM
This game was over when the Cryers went up 3-1...

Go ahead an burn that shit East...we got your back!

Broncolingus
06-04-2010, 10:01 PM
Mother ******* ******* faggot ****hole ******* ********** piece of shit Cryers!!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

...alright...I feel better now.

Medford Bronco
06-04-2010, 10:04 PM
I hope the Hawks wake up on Sunday Night.

At least they did not quit.

Best 2 out of 3 now with 2 games in Chicago, so they still hold the cards here.

pnbronco
06-04-2010, 10:05 PM
What a game!!! I thought the Hawks were going to tie it up, man they just didn't stop and their goalie, WOW!!!!

So it's all tie up again, this is a great series..........

Sorry Hawk fans some of those non calls were pretty bad.

Broncolingus
06-04-2010, 10:07 PM
I hope the Hawks wake up on Sunday Night.

At least they did not quit.

Best 2 out of 3 now with 2 games in Chicago, so they still hold the cards here.

I am not happy...

Hawks 'let' Cryers back in this series...

Where's GEM...I need a spanking.

:D

underrated29
06-04-2010, 10:11 PM
welp. Looks like we have ourselves a series now. Unfortunately because I hate the flyers...But atleast we get to extend the hockey season a little longer and its always fun when things are tight and close...that works on two levels.

pnbronco
06-04-2010, 10:18 PM
welp. Looks like we have ourselves a series now. Unfortunately because I hate the flyers...But atleast we get to extend the hockey season a little longer and its always fun when things are tight and close...that works on two levels.

BAD UR....hey black eye boy, behave yourself....

I do like that we get to watch more games............

I do like that we are down to the best of three.

Is anyone watching Pronger right now, who know he had a funny side.....I'm telling you I've never seen him this nice. The first time I met him my hand was shaking with his scary energy, last time I got a smile, must be the water in Philly.

East Coast Fan
06-05-2010, 07:06 AM
UUUGGGHHHH.....I can't take this now.....if the Cryers pull this off life here will be UNBEARABLE for a Penguins fan in "Cryer's Country" :tsk: But like Med says it's now a best of 3 series, and if the trend of the home team winning continues the Hawks are it.

I gotta call my buddy Joe, the Broncos/Hawks fan and make sure that he stays away from all belts and sharp objects....:lol:

C'mon Hawks....PLEASE!!!!! :D

Medford Bronco
06-06-2010, 09:15 AM
Blackhawks hopefully can come out flying at home with their awesome crowd.

Jump on the flyers and dont let them have any hope.

you are the better team. take advantage of it. :salute:

and Hossa come on, be the highly skilled player that you are and step it up

pnbronco
06-06-2010, 11:27 AM
What station is the game on tonight? I'm going to my Dad's this afternoon and his cable is very limitted, plus there's no internet I can pick up. Thanks for the info...

Medford Bronco
06-06-2010, 12:23 PM
What station is the game on tonight? I'm going to my Dad's this afternoon and his cable is very limitted, plus there's no internet I can pick up. Thanks for the info...

The game is on NBC.

Also you can watch it on channelsurfing.net or http://www.atdhe.net/

Go Hawks. :beer:

Medford Bronco
06-06-2010, 07:35 PM
Hawks look good so far but Leighton has like 8 saves to 1 for Neimi

Go Hawks.

Medford Bronco
06-06-2010, 07:45 PM
Lucky goal for Seabrook but I will take it. They deserve the lead with this effort so far

Medford Bronco
06-06-2010, 07:52 PM
I love hearing the song after a goal. It means the Hawks score again.

Another flukey goal but I will take it as the Hawks have doninted play.

Bolland scores. :D

Medford Bronco
06-06-2010, 07:55 PM
Finally a legit non flukey goal.

Versteeg scores.

Boy I love that song. :D

Medford Bronco
06-06-2010, 08:24 PM
After some pushback from Philly, a nice answer by Kane.

Go Hawks.

Medford Bronco
06-06-2010, 08:27 PM
i hope someone has the over tonight.

good goal by Timonen.

4-2

Medford Bronco
06-06-2010, 08:49 PM
The big guy finally gets a goal in the finals. Great job Byfluglin (sp)

weazel
06-07-2010, 11:06 AM
Blackhawks hopefully can come out flying at home with their awesome crowd.

Jump on the flyers and dont let them have any hope.

you are the better team. take advantage of it. :salute:

and Hossa come on, be the highly skilled player that you are and step it up

Hossa has been the best foward on the Blackhawks in this series

Medford Bronco
06-07-2010, 07:56 PM
Hossa has been the best foward on the Blackhawks in this series

I dont know about that. Maybe he stepped it up last night and was good in game 2 but other times he is not scoring like he should IMO

but alas. one win away for your Hawks. Good luck on Wednesday Night weazel. :salute:

I remember the Canes winning in 06. It was awesome. I hope you experience that as well on Wed night. Long live Denis Savard:salute:

weazel
06-08-2010, 05:56 PM
I dont know about that. Maybe he stepped it up last night and was good in game 2 but other times he is not scoring like he should IMO

but alas. one win away for your Hawks. Good luck on Wednesday Night weazel. :salute:

I remember the Canes winning in 06. It was awesome. I hope you experience that as well on Wed night. Long live Denis Savard:salute:

ya lets hope they do it tomorrow! As for goals, he is not the scoring leader or anything, but he has been the most dominant forward on the ice for the Hawks. He takes control of the play when he is out there. If you're (I dont mean you personally) just going to look at points scored, you would think Kane is having a good series, but he is floating out there, he floats from the high boards to the slot and waits for Toews or Buff to dig the puck out for him. The more I watch him this series the more he pisses me off. The last game was better but I am sure glad they changed those lines up.
:beer:

Broncolingus
06-09-2010, 01:23 AM
I agree with Melrose, that hit on Pronger by Byfuglien was fantastic...I've never seen Wrong-er punked like that before...and I was loving every minute of it.

...lets hope they stick with that line rotation and if the Hawks play equally as physical and crisp tomorrow (to) nite, the cup belongs to them methinks.

Go Hawks!!!

Medford Bronco
06-09-2010, 11:54 AM
I agree with Melrose, that hit on Pronger by Byfuglien was fantastic...I've never seen Wrong-er punked like that before...and I was loving every minute of it.

...lets hope they stick with that line rotation and if the Hawks play equally as physical and crisp tomorrow (to) nite, the cup belongs to them methinks.

Go Hawks!!!

I hope that Andrew Ladd gets the game winner.

Or Bfyuglin, Bolland or Eager.

I want a banger to score. :beer:

Medford Bronco
06-09-2010, 04:15 PM
I remember some of my most favorite days in sports.

6/19/06 the day when the Canes won the Cup

and 1/31/98, the day when Denver finally won the Super Bowl.

I just hope tonight for my uncle and all the good Hawk fans (I like them as well)
that they can win on enemy ice tonight.

Shoot high on shaky Leighton.

Go Hawks, http://por-img.cimcontent.net/api/assets/bin-200907/b298498cf130bc757fdf4ffc3ba9da33.jpg
http://cdn.nhl.com/images/upload/2007/02/hall_glenn_194x275_hawks.jpg

and

Broncolingus
06-09-2010, 07:35 PM
Luck and Leighton going all the flyers way right now...

Hawks have been relentless with the pressure and to no avail...

...I'm already not feeling confident.