PDA

View Full Version : Raider Fans - Showing lack of class once again

Astrass
09-10-2007, 01:02 PM
You guys catch the fans spitting and throwing drinks at Bell when he ran a TD in late in the game yesterday. I can only immagine the classy things they were yelling at him. What a bunch of losers.....and it was the whole section too...not just a couple people. LOL.... disgrace to the NFL

Escobar
09-10-2007, 01:04 PM
dude, when you name a drill after a player to diss him, you just gotta step your game up, he had a decent game, but i wished he would of ran for 200 yards on them..

and yea, we know how the raider fans are...you can't tell me your surprised?

WTE
09-10-2007, 02:09 PM
I saw that. Tatum got soaked!

He did provoke it though by taunting the fans.

SR
09-10-2007, 02:10 PM

Can't blame a former Bronco for hating the Raiders...even former Broncos who become Raiders still hate the Raiders deep inside. Romo hated the Raiders so much EVEN WHEN HE WAS WITH THEM that he beat one up in practice.

Devilspawn
09-10-2007, 02:11 PM
I am not condoning the actions because it was pretty bad, but what do you expect when an opposing player goes into a hostile enviornment. Dawgfanatic, what would Browns fans do? I'm not being sarcastic, I really don't know because I don't follow them but I know the Dawg Pound is your Black Hole.

Tatum Bell got the spoils. But I am not surprised of what I saw when he scored. They/we are a frustrated and pissed off bunch. If he walked there with a peace offering and an Avon catalog, things might've been different. But after the Raiders had victory in hand, lost it and then Tatum's TD sealed it, you can't expect fans, especially Raiders fans, to simply boo. Like I said, I don't condone it, but that's the way it is.

But the Lions got the last laugh. That hat that was thrown at them got the royal treatment bigtime.

SR
09-10-2007, 02:14 PM
Raiders fans like Avon stuff?

Y'all are a lot more complex than I once gave you credit for.

KCL
09-10-2007, 02:17 PM
Can't blame a former Bronco for hating the Raiders...even former Broncos who become Raiders still hate the Raiders deep inside. Romo hated the Raiders so much EVEN WHEN HE WAS WITH THEM that he beat one up in practice.

Romo was an *** no matter where he played...

sorry but to use him is a real bad example....

talk about Mr.Illegal Drug user

KCL
09-10-2007, 02:21 PM
I am not condoning the actions because it was pretty bad, but what do you expect when an opposing player goes into a hostile enviornment. Dawgfanatic, what would Browns fans do? I'm not being sarcastic, I really don't know because I don't follow them but I know the Dawg Pound is your Black Hole.

Tatum Bell got the spoils. But I am not surprised of what I saw when he scored. They/we are a frustrated and pissed off bunch. If he walked there with a peace offering and an Avon catalog, things might've been different. But after the Raiders had victory in hand, lost it and then Tatum's TD sealed it, you can't expect fans, especially Raiders fans, to simply boo. Like I said, I don't condone it, but that's the way it is.

But the Lions got the last laugh. That hat that was thrown at them got the royal treatment bigtime.

I think all teams have fans that act like asses to opposing players and fans.
I have read people say that when they went to Arrowhead they had a good experience and others say they were heckled.I am sure the same could be said for some Bronco fans as well.

ThunderGirl
09-10-2007, 02:50 PM
So did any of them get kicked out for throwing drinks and spitting? I know at Invesco there is a Code Of Conduct you have to follow and if that was happening, you would be asked to leave.

BigBroncLove
09-10-2007, 03:03 PM
Raiders fans are some of the worst in the league IMO. I've sat by many RAiders fans at Invesco field, and while some are booed, none are ever treated as poorly as Bronco fans in Oakland, where beer is spilled on you regularly, and threats are dolled out as often as hotdogs and nachos are eaten in the stadium.

In no other place in teh NFL IMO do fans act with less class then in Oakland, where it's cool to be an ***. MY cousin goes to the oakland game every year here in teh Bay in full fledged Bronco gear and he has some horror stories. Raider fans are the worst fan in the NFL IMO.... (not all, my other cousin is a Raiders fan, but many)

Slick
09-10-2007, 03:15 PM
I have read people say that when they went to Arrowhead they had a good experience and others say they were heckled.I am sure the same could be said for some Bronco fans as well.

I agree KCLady. I was at the Bronco Raider snowball throwing Monday nighter a few years back. Olandis Gary won that game in OT.

There was a guy a couple of rows in front of us with a Charles Woodson jersey on, and Bronco fans were throwing snowballs at him, and on the field. A couple missed him and hit my Mom. I went up a few rows, and voiced my anger, and they chilled out, but there are bad seeds all over the league.

BigBroncLove
09-10-2007, 03:30 PM
I agree KCLady. I was at the Bronco Raider snowball throwing Monday nighter a few years back. Olandis Gary won that game in OT.

There was a guy a couple of rows in front of us with a Charles Woodson jersey on, and Bronco fans were throwing snowballs at him, and on the field. A couple missed him and hit my Mom. I went up a few rows, and voiced my anger, and they chilled out, but there are bad seeds all over the league.

Is this the 2004 Bronco Raider snowbowl game? If so, I was there, and on my end of the stadium, I was sitting right next to a Raider fan, and everyone was very cordial to him. I agree there are bad seeds, but those seeds don't speak for the majority, where in sometimes they do in Oakland IMO. If it is the 2004 Raider/Bronco snowbowl (where it snowed like Crazy and Wilso nstopped Jordan on a 4th down wit ha massive hit) that game was lost becasue Elam missed the last FG for the win....

KCL
09-10-2007, 03:35 PM

Exactly....not all fans can be or should be lumped together! In a stadium
where there are so many people...you can only see what is going on from
your area and view...every team has classless fans...ALL TEAMS...you'd have
to be pretty naive to think/believe otherwise!

arapaho2
09-10-2007, 03:51 PM
Raiders fans like Avon stuff?

Y'all are a lot more complex than I once gave you credit for.

where do you think they get all the makeup?

Slick
09-10-2007, 03:54 PM
Is this the 2004 Bronco Raider snowbowl game? If so, I was there, and on my end of the stadium, I was sitting right next to a Raider fan, and everyone was very cordial to him. I agree there are bad seeds, but those seeds don't speak for the majority, where in sometimes they do in Oakland IMO. If it is the 2004 Raider/Bronco snowbowl (where it snowed like Crazy and Wilso nstopped Jordan on a 4th down wit ha massive hit) that game was lost becasue Elam missed the last FG for the win....

Not the same game. Trevor Price sacked Rich Gannon in the first series of overtime, and Rich fumbled. Olandis ran it in for a touchdown the very next play I believe.

Charles Woodson and a raider o--lineman went into the north corner of the east stands and were throwing punches.

I'm trying to look it up, but my computer is sloww as molasses right now.

I think what KC and I were trying to say is there are snowball, beer throwing bums that are in every city.

Am I surprised that a whole section of Raider fans threw stuff at Tatum...not really, but I've met some really cool Raider fans too.

RF76, Devil have my upmost respect here in cyberland.

Snapping Turtle
09-10-2007, 04:32 PM
I'm not trying to stick up for the Raiders here, but all teams have some crappy fans. My mother is a Raiders fan, when I was younger my mom and dad would always go to the Raider/Bronco game at home. She has some fantastic stories about Broncos fans and how they treated her, most of which include beer being poured on her, asking my dad where he found his Raider (insert your choice word here) etc etc. I dont like the Raiders, but I love my mom and it upsets me the way she has been treated by my fellow fans. Just my opinion.

SR
09-10-2007, 04:35 PM
where do you think they get all the makeup?

Touche my friend

Medford Bronco
09-10-2007, 05:31 PM

not to incite anyting, but didnt the Browns fans throw bottles at some players of other teams a few years ago

see link

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/games/2001-12-16-jac-cle.htm

no fans teams are Angels, I remeber a Bronco fan throwing a snowball against the 49ers that made them miss a fg and the Giants fans throwin ice and hitting a SD coach in the head :tsk:

Devilspawn
09-10-2007, 05:45 PM
not to incite anyting, but didnt the Browns fans throw bottles at some players of other teams a few years ago

see link

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/games/2001-12-16-jac-cle.htm

no fans teams are Angels, I remeber a Bronco fan throwing a snowball against the 49ers that made them miss a fg and the Giants fans throwin ice and hitting a SD coach in the head :tsk:
Yeah that's pretty bad. It happens in all sports too. Yankees fans back in the day ALWAYS talked about Dave Winfield's mother. For those of you who don't know him, Dave Winfield played for the Yankees.

Slick
09-10-2007, 05:55 PM
Yeah that's pretty bad. It happens in all sports too. Yankees fans back in the day ALWAYS talked about Dave Winfield's mother. For those of you who don't know him, Dave Winfield played for the Yankees.

That's incredible to me. Dave was a stud. Wow!!!!

Cleveland Rocks
09-10-2007, 06:50 PM
what would Browns fans do? I'm not being sarcastic, I really don't know because I don't follow them but I know the Dawg Pound is your Black Hole.

Every team has their dumb fans that step out of line. I have never been to a Browns game in my life, but I have read plenty from Browns fans on the forums I am describing the games. There are always some fans who act way out of line.

I know for years that at the Old Muni, fans were allowed to bring kegs and all sorts of things to the games and that in the old Dawg Pound that fans would have kegs sitting right there. I also do know that many things were thrown on the field several times, on one such occasion against Denver I know they changed the field position so that Denver players did not have to go near the Dawg Pound because the fans were throwing batteries. Most fans that I have spoken to though are not that sort. But they have mentioned some fans that have acted up and what not.

SR
09-10-2007, 06:59 PM
Denver's fans in the South Stands get pretty rowdy sometimes too...it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see something getting thrown at the Raiders Sunday. :wave:

ThunderGirl
09-10-2007, 08:56 PM
Denver's fans in the South Stands get pretty rowdy sometimes too...it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see something getting thrown at the Raiders Sunday. :wave:

I will be in the South Stannds on Sunday. I'll let you know if I see anything flying through the air!:D

SR
09-10-2007, 08:59 PM
I will be in the South Stannds on Sunday. I'll let you know if I see anything flying through the air!:D

I don't want to see any pictures of you throwing a plastic beer bottle at Dominic Rhodes!:laugh:

(just a little story...Dominic Rhodes is from Abilene, TX, the town I live in...the people here swear he is an "elite" RB and I can't stand it. Therefore, I can't stand him)

silver_black
09-10-2007, 09:04 PM
i have yet to see it nor any high/lowlights from the game. It sounded bad as i heard it on the radio on the way home from the Chargers/Bears game. I dont like and actually hate the way actions like that paint all the fans of their team. :tsk:

years back I'll never forget seeing Bronco fans throwing battery filled snowballs at Raider players onto the filled. :tsk:

ThunderGirl
09-10-2007, 09:09 PM
I don't want to see any pictures of you throwing a plastic beer bottle at Dominic Rhodes!:laugh:

(just a little story...Dominic Rhodes is from Abilene, TX, the town I live in...the people here swear he is an "elite" RB and I can't stand it. Therefore, I can't stand him)

You read my mind! ;) :laugh:

Actually, I would never do something like that! I'll boo em' all day long though!:D

ThunderGirl
09-10-2007, 09:10 PM
i have yet to see it nor any high/lowlights from the game. It sounded bad as i heard it on the radio on the way home from the Chargers/Bears game. I dont like and actually hate the way actions like that paint all the fans of their team. :tsk:

years back I'll never forget seeing Bronco fans throwing battery filled snowballs at Raider players onto the filled. :tsk:

Denver fans did that???? :shocked:

I thought that was Philli fans!

SR
09-10-2007, 09:12 PM
I know Denver fans threw snowballs at the Raiders, but NEVER heard anything about the snow balls having batteries inside 'em.

ThunderGirl
09-10-2007, 09:17 PM
I know Denver fans threw snowballs at the Raiders, but NEVER heard anything about the snow balls having batteries inside 'em.

That is what I thought too. Doesn't sound like Denver fans. I have seen other team fans(even in the South Stands) treated with respect over and over again. I'm not saying we are perfect fans. I'm sure we have our bad apples, but I've never seen it!

silver_black
09-10-2007, 09:17 PM
this was discussed to death @ broncomania boards with cited articles, its there if anyone wants to revisit it. :eek:

SR
09-10-2007, 09:20 PM
this was discussed to death @ broncomania boards with cited articles, its there if anyone wants to revisit it. :eek:

I wasn't denying that it happened...just saying that I never heard about it.

I try not to get involved in too many conversations like that because, in the end, all the y'all Raider fans can do is talk smack with no basis for it since the Raiders' win totals over the past three years about equals the Broncos wins from last year...

ThunderGirl
09-10-2007, 09:51 PM
I asked on Broncomania, but the answer I got it kinda confusing.

Notorious fan moments

• Dec. 23, 2000: Fans have a run-in with security after they attempt to take home seats from Mile High's South Stands at the end of the stadium's final Broncos game.

• 2000: Coach Mike Shanahan recounts being hit in the back of the head by an AA battery thrown by a fan in the stands.

• Nov. 22, 1999: Fans at Mile High Stadium pelt the visiting Raiders with snowballs as they leave the field following a Monday night 27-21 overtime Broncos win. Offensive lineman Lincoln Kennedy is hit and throws a punch at a fan.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?p=1930188&posted=1#post1930188

Why would a Bronco fan throw a battery at Shanahan?

SR
09-10-2007, 09:54 PM
Why would a Bronco fan throw a battery at Shanahan?

It's a conspiracy I tell you! A CONSPIRACY!

silver_black
09-10-2007, 10:17 PM
I wasn't denying that it happened...just saying that I never heard about it.

I try not to get involved in too many conversations like that because, in the end, all the y'all Raider fans can do is talk smack with no basis for it since the Raiders' win totals over the past three years about equals the Broncos wins from last year...

so in order to talk smack ones team needs to win games? i've never understood this argument. to be honest it really makes it that much harder to do so.

i'd just like to see some donk fans do the same just to get an idea of how little you have to work with.

i'll talk smack as always, and also always come back to eat crow when i have to. it'd be much easier to stand up and chest thump after the games are over too. :wave:

ThunderGirl
09-10-2007, 10:21 PM
so in order to talk smack ones team needs to win games? i've never understood this argument. to be honest it really makes it that much harder to do so.

i'd just like to see some donk fans do the same just to get an idea of how little you have to work with.

i'll talk smack as always, and also always come back to eat crow when i have to. it'd be much easier to stand up and chest thump after the games are over too. :wave:

I am eating crow.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/basketball/nba/11/20/fan.confrontations.ap/index.html, Talks about battery filled snowballs.

You were right. I was wrong!!!

:tsk: I hate being wrong.

silver_black
09-10-2007, 10:25 PM
I am eating crow.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/basketball/nba/11/20/fan.confrontations.ap/index.html, Talks about battery filled snowballs.

You were right. I was wrong!!!

:tsk: I hate being wrong.

no worries. i didnt point that out to say you or anybody else was wrong, just that there are awful fans of any/every team. I hate it just like everybody else does.

some do however have the holier than thou approach to their team's fan's conduct

ThunderGirl
09-10-2007, 10:28 PM
no worries. i didnt point that out to say you or anybody else was wrong, just that there are awful fans of any/every team. I hate it just like everybody else does.

some do however have the holier than thou approach to their team's fan's conduct

I guess I will see what the Broncos fans are like during the Raiders game come Sunday. I have never been to a Bronco/Raiders game, I am pumped up though.

Here's to good fans like all of us here!:beer:

Cleveland Rocks
09-10-2007, 10:28 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/basketball/nba/11/20/fan.confrontations.ap/index.html

Dec. 16, 2001 Bottles thrown by Cleveland Browns fans hit players on both teams and other people in the stands. Most of the hundreds of bottles were plastic but many were filled with beer.

Anyone mind reminding me of the NFL rule regarding challenges?

How many plays are allowed to run between the play in question and the challenge?

If you guessed one, you were right - at least for that game.

Medford Bronco
09-10-2007, 10:31 PM

It could be worse. You could go over 10 years without hosting a MNFootball game becuse your fans were idiotic and had beer bottle fights

I wonder where that place is :confused:

hint, it aint in Denver or Oakland ;)
the team wears Blue..

ThunderGirl
09-10-2007, 11:03 PM
It could be worse. You could go over 10 years without hosting a MNFootball game becuse your fans were idiotic and had beer bottle fights

I wonder where that place is :confused:

hint, it aint in Denver or Oakland ;)
the team wears Blue..

I give up. I have looked for the answer, but I cannot find it.

I have found a lot of other funny fan incidents though!

Retired_Member_001
09-11-2007, 06:23 AM

And the Raiders provoked Tatum with their mind games.

The Tatum Bell Drill. :laugh:

WTE
09-11-2007, 07:05 AM

There used to be a lot of problems with fights at Patriots home games until they installed a bunch of cameras and started revoking season tickets when trouble makers were caught.

You see, my Patriots love cameras. :woot:

Retired_Member_001
09-11-2007, 09:49 AM
There used to be a lot of problems with fights at Patriots home games until they installed a bunch of cameras and started revoking season tickets when trouble makers were caught.

You see, my Patriots love cameras. :woot:

:laugh:

They SAY they installed it because of problems with the fans. ;)

omac
09-13-2007, 08:14 AM
Those are classless fans, no matter what team they root for. It would be nice if they got mug-shots and get banned from watching in any NFL stadium.