PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Firmware Update 3.21 Shagged my System

EastCoastBronco
04-12-2010, 09:42 AM
Hey Guys,
It's off season so I haven't been around much. I was just wondering if any of the PS3 owners in here have had any issues since the last firmware update (3.21). Mine keeps freezing up on me and doesn't recognize Blu-Ray discs (The icon doesn't show up in the XMB when a blu-ray game or movie is in).
I've been on a lot of PS forums and a lot of people are claiming the same thing.

NightTrainLayne
04-12-2010, 09:52 AM
I updated mine a week or two ago. . .how recent was this update? I've had no problems since the last update I did, but do not remember the version #.

EastCoastBronco
04-12-2010, 09:57 AM
3.21 is the last mandatory update. I think it came out on April 1. It didn't do anything at first but last Friday night everything just froze up and after I restarted it it wouldn't recognize anything to do with Blu Ray...Still wont. It's one of the fat ones but it's only 2 years old. I wouldn't normally jump to conclusions but it's all over any PS3 forum you go to.

Buff
04-12-2010, 10:17 AM
I haven't had any problems playing games... Haven't tried any blueray DVDs since the update.

NightTrainLayne
04-12-2010, 11:14 AM
I haven't had any problems playing games... Haven't tried any blueray DVDs since the update.

I watched 2 Blu-Ray movies this weekend without incident.

Benetto
04-12-2010, 05:17 PM
Mine has also been working normally.

There are a few versions of the PS3....40G 60G 80G etc... maybe the update messed with a certain batch..

I know the update was to prevent hackers from using the "Other OS Programs" feature to be used to manipulate programs and games on the system...Something like that..

Good luck bro.

sneakers
04-12-2010, 05:27 PM
I have the 40gb version and I have had no problems.

honz
04-12-2010, 08:33 PM
I tried to play the first Uncharted over the weekend and the cutscenes and sound were all choppy and skipping. Not sure if it has anything to do with the update or not as it was the first time I tried playing a game with my PS3. I stuck in God of War immediately after trying Uncharted and it played fine. Could be a faulty game disc or it may have something to do with the hardware...not sure.