PDA

View Full Version : Jackson

Superchop 7
04-19-2008, 08:03 PM
Glad we got him........your thoughts ?

DenBronx
04-19-2008, 09:49 PM
i like the signing....he came at a good price and will make a solid #2. even with the stars jwalk and bmarsh are that all means nothing if they cant both stay on the field together. jackson should have at least an 8 td year. this will relive pressure from marshall and stokely.

Timmy!
04-19-2008, 09:52 PM
If he can be the player he was in Seattle and stay healthy, it's a GREAT signing. I still think the Broncos draft a speed WR in the later rounds though.

BOSSHOGG30
04-19-2008, 09:53 PM
I like it... good deal for a vet of his caliber and another leader on the field and locker room..... I also like the Samie Parker deal and the signing of Kootie at MLB.

I hope Denver looks at free agent OL Wade Smith still

BeefStew25
04-19-2008, 09:57 PM
I like how we haven't broken the bank for anyone this year. All these guys we signed are easy cuts if they suck.

I am getting pumped for the draft.

DenBronx
04-19-2008, 10:00 PM
I like how we haven't broken the bank for anyone this year. All these guys we signed are easy cuts if they suck.
I am getting pumped for the draft.

good point. i think parker is only an 80k cap hit if he is cut....this is nothing.

im really interested is seeing niko handle the mlb duties.

BeefStew25
04-19-2008, 10:02 PM
good point. i think parker is only an 80k cap hit if he is cut....this is nothing.

im really interested is seeing niko handle the mlb duties.

I think Niko is going to be dissappointed maybe on draft day....

BOSSHOGG30
04-19-2008, 10:03 PM

I don't think we draft a MLB this year unless it is the later rounds. A guy like Andy Studebaker would be a very interesting prospect.

BeefStew25
04-19-2008, 10:07 PM
I don't think we draft a MLB this year unless it is the later rounds. A guy like Andy Studebaker would be a very interesting prospect.

Well, although I want Stew for non-football reasons, I think the USC dude makes more sense.

BOSSHOGG30
04-19-2008, 10:09 PM
Well, although I want Stew for non-football reasons, I think the USC dude makes more sense.

Stew is going to look good in that orange and blue sporting #25:D

BeefStew25
04-19-2008, 10:11 PM
Stew is going to look good in that orange and blue sporting #25:D

Keep selling it to me. It would be perfect. I don't even care if he sucks.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-19-2008, 10:34 PM
I'm done caring...when is the frickin draft getting here already???

Ziggy
04-19-2008, 10:37 PM
I like the signing also, because he came cheap. He and Parker bring some much needed depth at the wr position for low risk, and either of them could bring a high return.

DenBronx
04-19-2008, 10:40 PM
I'm done caring...when is the frickin draft getting here already???

its only 1 week away dude!!!! :thrasher:

TXBRONC
04-19-2008, 10:54 PM
Here's PFW's take on our current wide receiver situation. They say that recent run is due to growing concern over Marshall's injury according to there sources. However, I don't think that's correct, because even before Marshall's injury we were going need to do something with dismissal of Javon. The team wants to put Stokely back where he is at his best which is working out of the slot. Also Marshall is adamant that he will return by camp, injury as severe as his you don't statements like that without knowing the score from your doctor.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL/AFC/AFC+West/Denver/WWHI/2008/wwhi041808.htm

Broncos crafting insurance policy in case Marshall encounters setbacks

April 18, 2008

The Broncos are loading up on second-tier receivers in the hope that one of them will emerge as their No. 2 wideout, so they can keep Brandon Stokley in his natural position, which is the slot. However, sources say the recent run on pass catchers could also be a sign of the club’s growing concern about WR Brandon Marshall as he recovers from the severe arm injury he suffered last month. Denver signed veteran WR Darrell Jackson this week, and he will compete with another offseason signee, Keary Colbert, to start opposite Marshall. The Broncos also signed former Chiefs WR Samie Parker this week, but he’s a long shot to get a starting nod. Marshall, who suffered lacerations to an artery, vein, nerve and tendons when he put his arm through a television while wrestling with his brother, is expected to miss three or four months while he rehabs. Marshall was adamant that he’d be ready for training camp, but it could be a more difficult comeback than he once thought. Now Denver has some insurance at receiver, should Marshall be out longer than anticipated.

HolyDiver
04-19-2008, 11:00 PM

If we draft Lofton you mean?

Lonestar
04-19-2008, 11:01 PM

I thought everything I read on him was OLB, did I miss something?

BeefStew25
04-19-2008, 11:02 PM
If we draft Lofton you mean?

No the guy from USC. Rivers or whatever.

BOSSHOGG30
04-19-2008, 11:08 PM
I thought everything I read on him was OLB, did I miss something?

He is actually a defensive end from Wheaton... so any linebacker spot will be new to him. He is athletic and big enough to play MLB. He is 245lbs and has been timed in the forty a 4.4.. he ran a 4.5 on his pro day. He is super strong and plays with a mean streak. I think he is probably a better project at WILL, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him play MLB either.

omac
04-19-2008, 11:30 PM
I have a feeling Jackson's gonna do well. Tough for anyone to look good in the 49ers offense.

TXBRONC
04-19-2008, 11:34 PM
I have a feeling Jackson's gonna do well. Tough for anyone to look good in the 49ers offense.

With four different quarterbacks getting starts I would say so.

omac
04-19-2008, 11:52 PM
With four different quarterbacks getting starts I would say so.

Funny thing is, lots of analysts were predicting during the preseason that the 49ers would have a breakout year. I didn't know why; it just sounded like the fashionable thing to say at the time.

Davii
04-20-2008, 12:08 AM
Here's PFW's take on our current wide receiver situation. They say that recent run is due to growing concern over Marshall's injury according to there sources. However, I don't think that's correct, because even before Marshall's injury we were going need to do something with dismissal of Javon. The team wants to put Stokely back where he is at his best which is working out of the slot. Also Marshall is adamant that he will return by camp, injury as severe as his you don't statements like that without knowing the score from your doctor.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL/AFC/AFC+West/Denver/WWHI/2008/wwhi041808.htm

Broncos crafting insurance policy in case Marshall encounters setbacks

April 18, 2008

The Broncos are loading up on second-tier receivers in the hope that one of them will emerge as their No. 2 wideout, so they can keep Brandon Stokley in his natural position, which is the slot. However, sources say the recent run on pass catchers could also be a sign of the club’s growing concern about WR Brandon Marshall as he recovers from the severe arm injury he suffered last month. Denver signed veteran WR Darrell Jackson this week, and he will compete with another offseason signee, Keary Colbert, to start opposite Marshall. The Broncos also signed former Chiefs WR Samie Parker this week, but he’s a long shot to get a starting nod. Marshall, who suffered lacerations to an artery, vein, nerve and tendons when he put his arm through a television while wrestling with his brother, is expected to miss three or four months while he rehabs. Marshall was adamant that he’d be ready for training camp, but it could be a more difficult comeback than he once thought. Now Denver has some insurance at receiver, should Marshall be out longer than anticipated.

Doesn't make much sense to me. BMarsh will be 100% come game time.

broncohead
04-20-2008, 01:01 AM
Doesn't make much sense to me. BMarsh will be 100% come game time.

with that kind of injury it will be difficult to tell how well he will heal

BOSSHOGG30
04-20-2008, 01:28 AM
I think Marshall will lose a lot of strength in his hand. This will hurt him until he can build the strength back up to catch the football.

Emancipator
04-20-2008, 09:33 AM
If Jackson can make a positive contribution to the team, then he'll be an excellent pickup. He's a good possession receiver (kind of streaky).

RunYouOver
04-20-2008, 10:47 AM
I like this signing a lot, I think Jackson's a solid #2, and, assuming we don't cut Parker or Colbert, we have a LOT of depth 1-5 at WR.

While Marshall-Jackson might not be one of the best combos, Marshall-Jackson-Stokely-Parker-Colbert is one of the best 1-5s in my opinion.

Hobe
04-20-2008, 11:11 AM
It’s a good signing. If the Broncos pick up a hot WR in the draft Parker may not even make it to camp.

TXBRONC
04-20-2008, 12:23 PM
If Jackson can make a positive contribution to the team, then he'll be an excellent pickup. He's a good possession receiver (kind of streaky).

Weclome aboard Eman! :salute:

fcspikeit
04-20-2008, 02:27 PM
Glad we got him........your thoughts ?

I love the signing! Whats not to like? We got a proven guy at a great price.

IMO the best thing about this signing is that it frees up our 1st day picks for other positions of need.

We already had 2 good wide outs with Marshall and Stokley, If we can get 90 receptions out of Jackson, Kolbert and Parker, we will be in good shape.

Jackson at his worst has put up better #'s then Kolbert, Between the 3 guys I'm confident we will find our #2.

Now if we draft a WR it will be because they are the BPA instead of out of need. I would love to see us grab a Nelson or Royal in the 4th... Now we wont have to reach for anyone in the 1st or 2nd.