PDA

View Full Version : Broncos/Patriots on NFL Network replay

broncobryce
04-11-2010, 02:48 PM
It's on today at 330 Mountain time I believe. I'm looking forward to it. Moreno had a good game I remember, and Orton played great too.:beer:

broncobryce
04-11-2010, 02:49 PM
Also looking forward to checking out Jarvis Green in the game.

underrated29
04-11-2010, 04:31 PM
DVR is set to record. Lots to look at in this game. Plus, I need some broncos wins, since this was basically our last win of the season.

Dean
04-11-2010, 06:09 PM
I just finished watching NFL replays Broncos/Pats game. There was great fire and production out of the offense. I had forgotten we could produce after having the second half of the season etched into my brain. Hell, even Moreno looked good- except for him trying to give the ball back to the Pats.

Royal looked great! When he is thrown the ball he makes catches. I don't want to loose Marshall. He made some exceptional plays.

tsiguy96
04-11-2010, 06:23 PM
i was at this game. i was frickin hammered. wore the socks, had the yellow throwback shirt on, painted my face in yellow and brown stripes and had the throwback hat on, it was awesome. got a lot of compliments.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-11-2010, 09:25 PM
Wasn't ortons 4th quarter passer rating like 140 in that game? Talk about beasting. It may be my personal Bias, but I thought the refs were destined to sabotage the Broncs in that game, and it took GRIT for the whole team to overcome and get a win.

Ravage!!!
04-11-2010, 09:26 PM
Did we win!?!

Bosco
04-11-2010, 09:42 PM
My favorite part of the game (aside from the winning field goal) was McD ripping Mike Priefer a new ass for the special teams screw ups. I'm honestly surprised that Priefer still has a job here.

Ziggy
04-11-2010, 10:58 PM
My favorite part of the game (aside from the winning field goal) was McD ripping Mike Priefer a new ass for the special teams screw ups. I'm honestly surprised that Priefer still has a job here.

He may have the shortest leash on the team. If special teams aren't special this season, he may be gone by October.

Italianmobstr7
04-12-2010, 02:36 AM
A few observations.
Marshall is ******* awesome. Please keep him in Denver. It was quite clear to me that he loves football and loves his teammates.
Eddie makes good catches and plays when targeted.
Knowshon showed a lot of potential and outside of the NYG game this was his best.
Wish the D could have played the way they played weeks 1-5 all season.
Oline was getting pushed around at LG and C. Not surprised we replaced Hamilton and now are replacing Weigmann.
We shouldn't have gotten rid of Jack Williams. He made a few good/big plays for us and Ty Law is old and sucks.
Love the McD fist pumps. It's nice to have a young coach who shows so much emotion.

MHCBill
04-12-2010, 07:50 AM
Marshall sucks and anybody who thinks he is a great guy is a...

Italianmobstr7
04-12-2010, 09:59 AM
Marshall sucks and anybody who thinks he is a great guy is a...

If you think Marshall sucks you know NOTHING about football. Saying BM sucks is like saying Peyton Manning sucks. There's absolutely no truth to it whatsoever.

Also I think he's a fine person. I think he's more misunderstood than anything. Regardless though, the guy is a top 5-10 WR and isn't getting paid jack compared to what he should based on his skill and performance. I'd be pissed if I were him too.

Northman
04-12-2010, 10:11 AM
If you think Marshall sucks you know NOTHING about football. Saying BM sucks is like saying Peyton Manning sucks. There's absolutely no truth to it whatsoever.

Also I think he's a fine person. I think he's more misunderstood than anything. Regardless though, the guy is a top 5-10 WR and isn't getting paid jack compared to what he should based on his skill and performance. I'd be pissed if I were him too.

Marshall doesnt suck as a talent but he isnt a fine person. You dont have a laundry list of arrests for being a fine person. 1 or 2? Maybe but not 13. And its because of that behavior that he isnt getting paid like the good boys who do stay in line.

SOCALORADO.
04-12-2010, 10:19 AM
Marshall doesnt suck as a talent but he isnt a fine person. You dont have a laundry list of arrests for being a fine person. 1 or 2? Maybe but not 13. And its because of that behavior that he isnt getting paid like the good boys who do stay in line.

Marshall is elite as a WR. As a person hes a D-bag.
Out of curiosity, how long has it been since he had a run in with the law?
Its been like 16 months, hasnt it?

Italianmobstr7
04-12-2010, 10:26 AM
Marshall is elite as a WR. As a person hes a D-bag.
Out of curiosity, how long has it been since he had a run in with the law?
Its been like 16 months, hasnt it?

It's been a while since he's been in trouble. We don't know Brandon as a person. I've met the guy and he's nice as can be. Has he made some mistakes? Yes. Has everybody? Yes. His have been very publicized unfortunately for him. I'm not saying he's always been the best person and made the best choices. I think he's turning a corner and maturing though. He just got married, he's been out of trouble for a while. I don't condone ANYTHING Brandon has done off the field, or when he was in TC kicking balls and throwing a fit. I honestly think he's past all of it now though, and he's completely worth a huge pay day that he thinks that he deserves. I hope we're the team that gives it to him, but honestly I have serious doubts which really really sucks.

Bosco
04-12-2010, 12:55 PM
He may have the shortest leash on the team. If special teams aren't special this season, he may be gone by October. I'm surprised he lasted until the end of 2009. Hell, if you read McD's lips when he's chewing him out it looks like he's saying "I see that shit one more time and you're ******* out of a job!"

Now THAT is accountability! :lol:

It's been a while since he's been in trouble. We don't know Brandon as a person. I've met the guy and he's nice as can be. Has he made some mistakes? Yes. Has everybody? Yes. His have been very publicized unfortunately for him. I'm not saying he's always been the best person and made the best choices. I think he's turning a corner and maturing though. He just got married, he's been out of trouble for a while. I don't condone ANYTHING Brandon has done off the field, or when he was in TC kicking balls and throwing a fit. I honestly think he's past all of it now though, and he's completely worth a huge pay day that he thinks that he deserves. I hope we're the team that gives it to him, but honestly I have serious doubts which really really sucks.

I don't think Marshall is a bad person. I actually think he's a good person at heart, but you can't ignore the troubles he's had. There comes a point where players like that just aren't worth the trouble anymore and I think Marshall has reached that point, so unless he does a 180 and decides to sign a contract with a crap load of behavior clauses, I'm ready to send him packing.

I also don't get the infatuation with Jack Williams. I mean he was a good kid and had talent, but he got beaten pretty badly in the Ravens game and Ty Law was a definite short term upgrade.

Italianmobstr7
04-12-2010, 03:07 PM
I'm surprised he lasted until the end of 2009. Hell, if you read McD's lips when he's chewing him out it looks like he's saying "I see that shit one more time and you're ******* out of a job!"

Now THAT is accountability! :lol:

I don't think Marshall is a bad person. I actually think he's a good person at heart, but you can't ignore the troubles he's had. There comes a point where players like that just aren't worth the trouble anymore and I think Marshall has reached that point, so unless he does a 180 and decides to sign a contract with a crap load of behavior clauses, I'm ready to send him packing.

I also don't get the infatuation with Jack Williams. I mean he was a good kid and had talent, but he got beaten pretty badly in the Ravens game and Ty Law was a definite short term upgrade.

I'm not infatuated with Jack Williams. I just think he has way more upside than Ty Law. He played pretty good while he was with us. Made good plays in the first 5 or 6 games of the year and then got cut after 1 bad game. I'm not saying I'm sad he's gone or that it was devastating to our team, just was surprised by the move. I was unhappy w/ cutting Kern and signing Berger. He sucked almost the entire time we had him. Kern ended up having a great season in Tennessee.

Marshall isn't to the point where I'm ready to see him sent packing. He's also my favorite player though. It would take quite a bit for me to be mad enough to want to get rid of him. I also don't want to get rid of him because he's our best offensive player. I believe he's definitely outplayed his current contract and deserves a new one. His off the field issues to me aren't as crippling as some here seem to think. A lot of things are way overblown and I believe that he's matured.

Bosco
04-12-2010, 08:29 PM
I'm not infatuated with Jack Williams. I just think he has way more upside than Ty Law. He played pretty good while he was with us. Made good plays in the first 5 or 6 games of the year and then got cut after 1 bad game. I'm not saying I'm sad he's gone or that it was devastating to our team, just was surprised by the move. I was unhappy w/ cutting Kern and signing Berger. He sucked almost the entire time we had him. Kern ended up having a great season in Tennessee. Williams had more upside by virtue of age, but that's about it. Law was a big upgrade, even if it is only a short term thing.

Berger was also a pretty substantial upgrade over Kern as well.

tsiguy96
04-12-2010, 10:17 PM
Williams had more upside by virtue of age, but that's about it. Law was a big upgrade, even if it is only a short term thing.

Berger was also a pretty substantial upgrade over Kern as well.

even though berger shanked a lot of kicks, the stats actually support this.

Bosco
04-12-2010, 10:21 PM
even though berger shanked a lot of kicks, the stats actually support this.

Yep. His net average was substantially better than Kern's, who had a tendency to outkick his coverage teams.