PDA

View Full Version : Harbula says so long

Dean
04-18-2008, 09:36 PM
Steve Harbula resigns his position with 'Broncomania" (or whatever it is officially called now).

I thought that some of the old Broncomania patrons might be interested in knowing this news. Never knew the man or dealt with him, myself.

RunYouOver
04-18-2008, 09:46 PM
Steve has decided to move on with his career after 11 years with the Broncos.

He was the administrator on the Broncomania boards from its beginning in June 2003 and has done a fine job since.

He promises he'll still be a Bronco fan, and he thanked everyone.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/announcement.php?f=17

:salute:

Lonestar
04-18-2008, 09:47 PM
I suspected after the other cuts he would be on the cutting board, or getting enough heat to cut cost he would not last long..

Good luck to him in his future endeavors..

TXBRONC
04-18-2008, 09:48 PM
Steve Harbula resigns his position with 'Broncomania" (or whatever it is officially called now).

I thought that some of the old Broncomania patrons might be interested in knowing this news. Never knew the man or dealt with him, myself.

Thanks for passing along that bit a news Dean. I wonder why he resigned?

BroncoWave
04-18-2008, 09:52 PM

I guess he figured it was finally time to actually do something good for the board! :D

KIDDING! I just couldn't pass that joke opportunity up! :D

Lonestar
04-18-2008, 10:04 PM
I guess he figured it was finally time to actually do something good for the board! :D

KIDDING! I just couldn't pass that joke opportunity up! :D

probably closer to the truth that most will want to admit..

Wonder if they will finally get rid of the eye blinding white..

I wish him well..

BroncoWave
04-18-2008, 10:12 PM
JR my last 6 High-5's are from you. We are agreeing too much. :lol:

I should go post in P&R to balance this out! :D

Denver Native (Carol)
04-18-2008, 10:16 PM
Best wishes to Steve

RunYouOver
04-18-2008, 10:43 PM
Moving On
"I wanted to let you all know that I’ve resigned from the Denver Broncos effective April 30. After nearly 11 years, it’s time for me to move on to new challenges and opportunities.

Kyle Sonneman will be taking over my role overseeing the message boards as well as a number of my other responsibilities. He’s very sharp and a great guy, and understands how important it is to help keep this community active and vibrant. And our great team of fan moderators will still be in place volunteering their time.

I’ll probably keep my account and keep checking in on the boards from time to time. Moving on professionally isn’t going to make me stop being a fan.

Thanks to all of you for making this an interesting part of my job over the years, and to MOST of you for supporting the Denver Broncos (yes, I'm talking to you WhoDey, KCLadyFan, Devilspawn, etc.)!

Steve Harbula
Senior Director of Marketing Communications
Denver Broncos Football Club
steve.harbula@broncos.nfl.net "

Sounds like he was ready to move on....

I wish him well..

Many of the problems that people had with the boards were not his decision, rather that of website design...He simply overlooked the boards, kept them up to date, looked into new features for them, etc.

Also, for anyone who's curious, there's an easy way to get rid of the white and make it blue again and it's very easy on the eyes. (I like it better than how it was originally).

DenBronx
04-18-2008, 10:46 PM

I wish him well..

he did budge a bit and put in a slight gray....still not the same though. anyhow...time for new blood on that board. it has really died down and lacks good posters... they all came here. :laugh:

RunYouOver
04-18-2008, 10:47 PM
he did budge a bit and put in a slight gray....still not the same though. anyhow...time for new blodd on that board. it has really died down and lacks good posters....kinda like us. :laugh:

Hey.... :tsk::tsk:

Lonestar
04-19-2008, 12:29 AM
he did budge a bit and put in a slight gray....still not the same though. anyhow...time for new blodd on that board. it has really died down and lacks good posters....kinda like us. :laugh:

Most of the good ones came here.. :salute:

Joel
04-19-2008, 01:21 AM
Moving On
"I wanted to let you all know that I’ve resigned from the Denver Broncos effective April 30. After nearly 11 years, it’s time for me to move on to new challenges and opportunities.

Kyle Sonneman will be taking over my role overseeing the message boards as well as a number of my other responsibilities. He’s very sharp and a great guy, and understands how important it is to help keep this community active and vibrant. And our great team of fan moderators will still be in place volunteering their time.

I’ll probably keep my account and keep checking in on the boards from time to time. Moving on professionally isn’t going to make me stop being a fan.

Thanks to all of you for making this an interesting part of my job over the years, and to MOST of you for supporting the Denver Broncos (yes, I'm talking to you WhoDey, KCLadyFan, Devilspawn, etc.)!

Steve Harbula
Senior Director of Marketing Communications
Denver Broncos Football Club
steve.harbula@broncos.nfl.net "

Sounds like he was ready to move on....

Many of the problems that people had with the boards were not his decision, rather that of website design...He simply overlooked the boards, kept them up to date, looked into new features for them, etc.

Also, for anyone who's curious, there's an easy way to get rid of the white and make it blue again and it's very easy on the eyes. (I like it better than how it was originally).
Yeah, I'm almost willing to forgive Devilspawn being a Raiders fan in exchange for his various avatars.... :whistle:

I'm assuming you meant to say Steve "oversaw" the boards rather than "overlooked" them (or was that a Freudian Slip...? ;-p ) Seems a likely assessment though.

And yeah, there's a very easy way to banish the white in favor of blue: Join Broncos Forums like I did. If, however, you meant something else, feel free to share, though with all the gratuitous images of random fans watching random games I doubt I'll be back to Broncomania until I can move beyond dialup. At the risk of unduly alarming certain interested parties, my manias are currently restricted to fiction.... ;-p

DenBronx
04-19-2008, 01:24 AM

Most of the good ones came here.. :salute:

i meant it lacks good posters because they all migrated here....not that we dont have any here.

Joel
04-19-2008, 03:03 AM
i meant it lacks good posters because they all migrated here....not that we dont have any here.
I just wanted to note, as someone who knows nada about college ball, if Okam is really a fourth rounder now, we should grab him by the third or earlier. In August he was touted as FIRST rounder, but when the Tea Sippers did what I expected (i.e. proved VY was their whole team) his value started to fall, as I hoped it would. Pull the trigger on a guy we desperately need, Shanny....

topscribe
04-19-2008, 10:17 AM

Now, now, RYO . . . all he was saying is they need more like you over there. :D

-----

topscribe
04-19-2008, 10:21 AM
I had my disputes with Steve, no doubt. But in the end, he did care about the board.

I wish him nothing but success, whatever he does, wherever he goes. http://forums.denverbroncos.com/images/smilies/th_drink.gif

-----

Jaws
04-19-2008, 10:58 AM
A very busy guy who did his best and down to earth and friendly too. He'll be missed.

SR
04-19-2008, 11:06 AM
Him leaving that site is not enough to make me go reactivate my account there. That man is not a pleasant person to deal with and I really am glad for the boards that he's gone. Won't fix anything though.

RunYouOver
04-19-2008, 12:18 PM

Broncomania does have it's fair share of good posters:tsk::tsk:

RunYouOver
04-19-2008, 12:23 PM
Yeah, I'm almost willing to forgive Devilspawn being a Raiders fan in exchange for his various avatars.... :whistle:

I'm assuming you meant to say Steve "oversaw" the boards rather than "overlooked" them (or was that a Freudian Slip...? ;-p ) Seems a likely assessment though.

And yeah, there's a very easy way to banish the white in favor of blue: Join Broncos Forums like I did. If, however, you meant something else, feel free to share, though with all the gratuitous images of random fans watching random games I doubt I'll be back to Broncomania until I can move beyond dialup. At the risk of unduly alarming certain interested parties, my manias are currently restricted to fiction.... ;-p

Yes, I meant oversaw the boards ;)

It's very easy to switch back to a cool shade of blue and orange though.

If you have firefox, there's an add-on called stylish that takes all of 25 seconds to install. There's a thread in Anything But Football there that's stickied that has a link you put in, and it updates the colors and backgrounds and everything.

That page is http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=107019

look towards the beginning for directions, and the most updated style is towards the last page, I use this one http://userstyles.org/styles/4335

Anyway, it sounds like a hassle and I was originally hesitant, but I did it, it took about a minute to two minutes to complete, and I love the way it looks.

Either way, Steve cared a lot about the boards, but he was also a big part of marketing and other aspects of the website and the team.

DenBronx
04-19-2008, 12:31 PM
Broncomania does have it's fair share of good posters:tsk::tsk:

i disagree......and i STILL post there ya nub! :rolleyes:

champbronc2
04-19-2008, 01:06 PM
I liked Steve.

But the boards really took a step downhill last year.

Nomad
04-19-2008, 01:07 PM
Best wishes to Steve

Good Luck to Steve! At BM, that's the place where most of us met. I joined Dec 03 and it was a solid board until BRONCOS Country arrived and I believe he was only being told what to do and I liked Steve as well.

Superchop 7
04-19-2008, 07:57 PM
Thank God.

Maybe the next guy will take some time out of his busy life for the fans.

broncosfanscott
04-19-2008, 08:07 PM
I never knew Steve and I wish him the best in whatever comes his way.

RunYouOver
04-19-2008, 08:37 PM
Thank God.

Maybe the next guy will take some time out of his busy life for the fans.

Right, maybe the next guy will balance an entire marketing job in addition to listening to many fans suggestions and making changes to the boards as he is allowed to, while also interacting with the fans and providing numerous fan related activities.

Oh wait....:coffee:

You didn't have to agree with him, but ask any of the guys who may have voiced their opinions to him and they'll tell you he did a good job.

Even if you didn't like him, you could at least be courteous enough to wish him well if you're going to even bother posting.:coffee:

Joel
04-19-2008, 11:25 PM
Yes, I meant oversaw the boards ;)

It's very easy to switch back to a cool shade of blue and orange though.

If you have firefox, there's an add-on called stylish that takes all of 25 seconds to install. There's a thread in Anything But Football there that's stickied that has a link you put in, and it updates the colors and backgrounds and everything.

That page is http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=107019

look towards the beginning for directions, and the most updated style is towards the last page, I use this one http://userstyles.org/styles/4335

Anyway, it sounds like a hassle and I was originally hesitant, but I did it, it took about a minute to two minutes to complete, and I love the way it looks.

Either way, Steve cared a lot about the boards, but he was also a big part of marketing and other aspects of the website and the team.
I'll definitely check it out. I didn't get a chance to talk to Steve much, but it always seemed to me Nomads take is pretty accurate: There were definitely changes I did NOT like at 'Mania the last year or so, but if there's one thing his departure makes clear it's that Broncomania was NOT Steves sovereign demesne. Blaming him for site changes he merely implemented rather than ordered makes as much sense as blaming him that we released Ron Dayne.

Lonestar
04-19-2008, 11:44 PM
I'll definitely check it out. I didn't get a chance to talk to Steve much, but it always seemed to me Nomads take is pretty accurate: There were definitely changes I did NOT like at 'Mania the last year or so, but if there's one thing his departure makes clear it's that Broncomania was NOT Steves sovereign demesne. Blaming him for site changes he merely implemented rather than ordered makes as much sense as blaming him that we released Ron Dayne.

MY gut feel was he sold mikey and company on the bronco country side of the forum. When few folks posted on it and stayed at mania, it was a fiasco.. When it fizzled and there had to be a pretty substantial investment in it, he made the decision to make mania look like it.. to force more folks to it, to justify its existence..

This was the impression I got prior to my departure from there.

But since I have not been back since I walked out the door not sure what happened there since sept or so.. Not even sure my log in still works..

I have almost been tempted to go back over to say good bye.. But sent him an email instead.. Doubt I'll get a reply, but no skin off my nose..

Emancipator
04-20-2008, 09:25 AM
I found Steve to be a very good Administrator. He'll be missed.