PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Mock Draft - Version 1.0

Nick
04-18-2008, 06:09 PM
Rd 1 - pick 12 - 12th selection

Branden Albert, G, Virginia

The Broncos will look long and hard at Mendenhall, RB, Illinois. I don't see how you can possibly pass on someone as talented and promising as Mendenhall, whom is an elusive inside the tackle runner. He is strong and punishing back who has a nice set of hands to compliment his running. An ideal one cut runner and Bronco running back.

Albert would be terrific in Broncos zone blocking scheme and will be able to play anywhere at guard or tackle for us. If Keith rivers (LB) is available he will also get some looks. However, Branden Albert is clearly the elite guard and in a league of his own in this class. This will not be a bad reach in my opinion. I would like for us to trade down Because of the amount of holes and depth the Broncos have. If able to trade down in the 1st round there is potential that Albert is still available and we could have the ability of getting another solid prospect on our team.

The Broncos have a big need at DT and could look long and hard at either Ellis or Dorsey if they fall. However, that would be very unlikely with the amount of teams that also have a big need at DT.

With the Broncos adding depth at wide receiver, re-signing Abdullah and adding depth at safety… They will not be looking at this position early on.

If Albert is off the board and is a big possibility. I see us looking at the top three offensive tackles at this spot. There is just so many ways they can go at this spot if they decide not to go with Mendenhall. Specially with some very talented tackles like Chris Williams, OT, Vanderbilt and Ryan Clady, OT, Boise State and Jeff Otah, OT, Pittsburgh there for the picking. All of these tackles could be gone by 15.

Rd 2 – pick 11 – 42nd selection

Pat Sims, DT, Auburn

If some how Pat Sims is no longer on the board, I see the Broncos getting Trevor Laws, DT, Notre Dame or Dre Moore, DT, Maryland.

There will be an abundance of quality Tackles and Linebackers available at this spot. Sam Baker might be looked at big time here. He is a tackle that could flourish in our system. However, there is going to be a lot of talent at tackle later in the later rounds that would be able to fit into a zone-blocking scheme.

Defensive tackles will be light in the 2nd day and with the Broncos not having a 3rd there is no way they pass up on a DT at this spot unless they are able to finalize a trade for Robertson

Rd 4 – pick 9 – 108th selection

Jeremy Zuttah, OT, Rutgers

Even though I really hope Oniel Cousins, OT, UTEP or Mike Pollak, C, Arizona State fall to us here and really believe it is a big possibility.

Zuttah is my personal big sleeper and especially for a zone blocking offensive line.

Rd 4 – pick 20 – 119th selection (from Washington)

Beau Bell, ILB, UNLV

Rd 5 – pick 4 – 139th selection (from Oakland)

Marcus Griffin, FS, Texas

Rd 5 – pick 15 – 148th selection

Frank Okam, DT, Texas

Rd 6 - pick 17 - 183rd selection (From Texans)

Chauncey Washington, RB, USC

I really think they will take a look at Taylor Mehlhaff, K, Wisconsin if available at this spot. I have Chauncey going to us at his spot... because it is my USC homer pick. :)

Rd 7 – pick 13 – 220th selection

Jerome Felton, FB, Furman

Rd 7 – pick 20 – 227th selection (from Tampa Bay)

Jason Reda, K, Illinois or Alexis Serna, K, Oregon State

mclark
04-18-2008, 06:13 PM
I could live with this.

I'm still torn between Chris Williams, Albert and Clady. Got a week to decide.

honz
04-18-2008, 06:58 PM
I've seen quite a few "experts" that have the Chiefs taking Albert at #5.

mclark
04-18-2008, 09:04 PM
I've seen quite a few "experts" that have the Chiefs taking Albert at #5.

I have seen a number of reports that have KC taking Clady at #5.

honz
04-18-2008, 10:13 PM
I have seen a number of reports that have KC taking Clady at #5.
I hope so! They can totally blow their 5th overall pick and save the Broncos from drafting him!:elefant:

Nick
04-19-2008, 09:52 AM
KC has a few holes to fill. I do not see them grabbing albert at #5. Mainly because there I do not see Ellis or Dorsey going pass KC. If both of them are gone. Jake long might drop into their laps

MOtorboat
04-19-2008, 10:10 AM
The word on the streets is that KC is one of the few teams that thinks Albert is a LT...and that they like him at No. 5, if Ellis/Dorsey/Longs are taken 1,2,3,4 as is expected. They may take Albert with Ellis still on the board anyway. Again, word is King Carl is really high on Albert.

Scarface
04-19-2008, 02:53 PM
The word on the streets is that KC is one of the few teams that thinks Albert is a LT...and that they like him at No. 5, if Ellis/Dorsey/Longs are taken 1,2,3,4 as is expected. They may take Albert with Ellis still on the board anyway. Again, word is King Carl is really high on Albert.

I think there are more than a few teams that think Albert can play LT.

mclark
04-19-2008, 03:56 PM
It will be a pretty remarkable climbing of the ladder from second round to #5 if Albert gets picked by KC. It's good to know that his climb in estimation has been based on scouts watching his game film -- and on his apparent versatility -- rather than merely his 40 time. Not many offensive linemen make this kind of jump up the draft ladder.