PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Shockey?

Nature Boy
04-18-2008, 05:44 PM
OK, since any and every above average and not so average player that's in FA or wants to be traded is discuss as a Broncos prospect. What about Jeremy Shockey?

Daniel Graham has been a good addition especially as a blocker but he hasn't made much of an impact in our offense as far as receptions, yards and scores. Sheffler will not be a pro-bowler in his career in my opinion.

TEs are a big part of an NFL offensive play book where as FBs are a dieing breed. Jeremy Shockey can block just as good as Graham and is a way better ball catcher than both our go to TEs. Daniel Graham anyone?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/2008/04/17/2008-04-17_jeremy_shockey_ok_with_trade_talk-2.html

UnderArmour
04-18-2008, 05:48 PM
No.

underrated29
04-18-2008, 05:49 PM
shockey is waaay overrated!!! He is good but is a punk, i dont want him here and i dont think he is better than either of our guys. He is good, but he can also tear apart our team. i think our team is way to fragile right now.

I would only ever want him if we had no te's cept jackson and mustard and we didnt have to give up any picks or money.

I say NO FREAKING WAY to jereME.

Reidman
04-18-2008, 05:51 PM
Can we trade for Chad Johnson while we're at it...?

Nature Boy
04-18-2008, 05:58 PM

Don't forget to leave out the Pac-Man.

Den21vsBal19
04-18-2008, 06:12 PM
Improve our Oline and Graham will get more opportunities, at the moment he's played more as an auxilliary tackle than as a reciever

Lonestar
04-18-2008, 06:25 PM
Improve our Oline and Graham will get more opportunities, at the moment he's played more as an auxilliary tackle than as a reciever

You beat me to it..

Schffler may be as good a receiving TE as Shockly is/was.. Time will tell.

shank
04-18-2008, 06:29 PM
epic phail

Nomad
04-18-2008, 06:33 PM
His last team won a SB without him so why would we need his selfish, overrated behind. Scheffler will do good along with Graham.

Nature Boy
04-18-2008, 06:35 PM
I think Shockey is that big target over the middle for the tough yards that Sharpe and Eddie Mac use to get for us as tandems. Daniel Graham caught a couple but he also dropped a couple last season that could have saved a game or 2 for us.

Shockey as a rook in 2002 got 74 catches and almost 1000 yrds when he lined up mostly as a WR. Mike Shanny the passing wiz will know how to get him the ball.

Shockey will out-duel any corner, safety or LB for a 10-15 yard lob in the end zone. Cant' say the same with any of the TEs we have right now.

Hobe
04-18-2008, 06:44 PM
No thanks! Scheffler is probably as good a target as Shockey. Shockey is a head case, doesn’t like to block, and he get injured a lot. :2thumbsdown:

Npba900
04-18-2008, 06:57 PM
Shockey! naw no way. Shanahan's theme this season is CHARACTER and staying away from risky over priced FA. So far, Graham does not have any character issues and neither does Scheff. I expect Graham to be a much better WR this year b/c he get time to work with Cutler and he'll have 1 year under his belt with the offense.

I'm of the opinion, Denver needs to give their 2006 and 2007 draft picks at least 2 or 3 years to prove whether they are the answer, before bringing in veterans. Show some patience and faith in your young players and save some money while you're at it.

Besides, Shockey is a whinny little son-of-%%@%%, when things don't go his way and when the team isn't winning every Sunday. Denver is rebuilding in 2008 and 2009, Shockey need to go a SB contender. Denver is not a SB contending team just yet.

hamrob
04-18-2008, 06:58 PM
sheffler will be in more than one probowl and when it's all said and done...he'll be close to Sharpe in the record books. My prediction!

Npba900
04-18-2008, 07:00 PM
I agree. Scheff's foot injury last season really set him back. With working out with Cutler this off season, I predict Scheff and Cutler will really click this season.

RunYouOver
04-18-2008, 07:00 PM

See now that one I actually think we should do.

If we could pull it off that would instantly make us contenders...

Shockey...not so much.

TE is about the only position we don't need at ALL.

Npba900
04-18-2008, 07:03 PM
Chad will bring a heavy price tag! I don't think Bowlen opens his wallet for high maintenance Super stars for another 2 years.

RunYouOver
04-18-2008, 07:06 PM
Chad will bring a heavy price tag! I don't think Bowlen opens his wallet for high maintenance Super stars for another 2 years.

That's the other thing though, and I certainly don't mean to hijack this thread but...

CJ isn't high maintenance, if we could figure out the right contract so he'd get his money and we could afford it, he's not a trouble maker...he was upset because Cincy was headed in the complete wrong direction.

You could argue we're not contenders now, but don't you think with Johnson our offense would be a great deal better...I hate to put value to an individual player, but I think CJ's worth 2-3 wins. Which could be the difference between 10-6 and 13-3.

Nature Boy
04-18-2008, 07:09 PM
I think Shockey will bring some toughness and emotional leadership to this offense and team in general. The Broncos have become soft, especially with the subtraction of Al Wilson.

RunYouOver
04-18-2008, 07:13 PM
I think Shockey will bring some toughness and emotional leader to this offense and team in general. The Broncos have become soft, especially with the subtraction of Al Wilson.

I couldn't agree less.

I live in NJ and I know a great deal about his antics with the Giants. Fans can't stand him for the same reason his team probably can't.

He's a baby, he complains about everything, he's been injured on and off, and he gets mad if he doesn't get his way. Now he wants out.

Why would we EVER want a player like this when we just gave Graham a pretty hefty sum of money last year and he's a great blocker and then we have a great pass catcher in Scheffler.

Shockey is the LAST guy we're interested in.

Requiem / The Dagda
04-18-2008, 07:24 PM
Good Lord this has to stop. NO.

Tight end is another position where we don't need anymore HELP at.

Npba900
04-18-2008, 07:30 PM
That's the other thing though, and I certainly don't mean to hijack this thread but...

CJ isn't high maintenance, if we could figure out the right contract so he'd get his money and we could afford it, he's not a trouble maker...he was upset because Cincy was headed in the complete wrong direction.

You could argue we're not contenders now, but don't you think with Johnson our offense would be a great deal better...I hate to put value to an individual player, but I think CJ's worth 2-3 wins. Which could be the difference between 10-6 and 13-3.

Good points. I wasn't referring to Chad as high maintenace, it was Chad contract price tag that I thought would scare away Bowlen. Although Chad would be a great replacement for Walker.

Shockey would be the high maintenance divisive risk in the lock room.

BroncoWave
04-18-2008, 07:31 PM
This is ridiculous. Why trade for a TE when that is one of our strongest positions on the team? I mean seriously, at what point in time did this register as a good idea to you?

Nature Boy
04-18-2008, 07:38 PM
we just gave Graham a pretty hefty sum of money last year and he's a great blocker and then we have a great pass catcher in Scheffler.

Shockey is the LAST guy we're interested in.

Good Lord this has to stop. NO.

Tight end is another position where we don't need anymore HELP at.

I agree, the Broncos are not interested Shockey, not because of his antics but more cause he cost too much as we have more pressing needs. If you read my OP, I brought up Shockey only because any high profile FA or prospect and their grandmother have been suggested on this board. A little sarcasm to the "Ocho Stinko in Denver?" and similar threads.

RunYouOver
04-18-2008, 07:42 PM
I agree, the Broncos are not interested Shockey, not because of his antics but more cause he cost too much as we have more pressing needs. If you read my OP, I brought up Shockey only because any high profile FA or prospect and their grandmother have been suggested on this board. A little sarcasm to the "Ocho Stinko in Denver?" and similar threads.

But nothing in the original post suggests sarcasm, all it says is everyone has been discussed as a prospect, what about Shockey. Then you give support for it and back it up later.

Didn't sound too sarcastic to me...:rolleyes:

BroncoWave
04-18-2008, 07:46 PM
But nothing in the original post suggests sarcasm, all it says is everyone has been discussed as a prospect, what about Shockey. Then you give support for it and back it up later.

Usually when someone is completely called out for a stupid statement, they try to explain it away by just saying they were kidding or being sarcastic. I, like you, didn't see any sarcasm in the OP. He's either changing his tune, or fails at humor.

Nature Boy
04-18-2008, 07:46 PM
I didn't have to. Shockey's name itself should have been sarcasm enough. If you read a little down from the OP and the other thread, I suggested we bring in the Pac-Man.

Nature Boy
04-18-2008, 07:47 PM

Usually when someone is completely called out for a stupid statement, they try to explain it away by just saying they were kidding or being sarcastic. I, like you, didn't see any sarcasm in the OP. He's either changing his tune, or fails at humor.

Apparently you 2 missed the bus.

xX-Bronco-Xx
04-18-2008, 07:48 PM
Don't know if it's possible but Shockey is too aggressive.

BroncoWave
04-18-2008, 07:50 PM

Apparently your humor skills aren't as finely honed as you thought.

RunYouOver
04-18-2008, 07:51 PM

Apparently.:rolleyes:

Forgive me for watching you defend your original statement later on in this thread...most people who make a sarcastic post don't go all out to defend it after people are already mad.

Why even bother making a thread like this then in the first place?:coffee:

Medford Bronco
04-18-2008, 07:56 PM
See now that one I actually think we should do.

If we could pull it off that would instantly make us contenders...

Shockey...not so much.

TE is about the only position we don't need at ALL.

Not really RYO

does Chad Johnson play defense, especially on the Line and at safety?

also the o line is kinda shaky right now as well.

BroncoWave
04-18-2008, 07:58 PM
Not really RYO

Exactly. We could add Randy Moss and Marvin Harrison and we still wouldn't be championship contenders. Until we improve drastically on the offensive and defensive lines, we won't be championship contenders.

RunYouOver
04-18-2008, 08:01 PM
Not really RYO

No, but he does play offense and has been on of the most dominant WRs in the NFL the last few years.

Which would make him far better than Javon Walker, and we know how dangerous our offense was with Walker and Marshall.

With Johnson, Marshall, Stokely, Jackson, Parker, Colbert--Cutler has so many options, quality options, that he doesn't even need time to throw the ball ;)

He'd make our offense one of the best in the league, and we could draft O-Line to help fix that hole.

Don't forget, our D-Line is fine at end with Dumervil and Moss, and Crowder, DT is the main issue there. If we pick up Robertson like it looks like we should then that helps that problem.

And we have an old Lynch and a young Abdullah at safety for now.

We could get by with that defense with the kind of offense we'd have with CJ.

scott.475
04-18-2008, 09:18 PM
I think Shockey will bring some...emotional leadership to this offense and team in general.

Please tell me that is a typo or a joke...please.

When you make yourself look like a fool as often as he does, you are not providing leadership, you are a cancer. We just got rid of Javon Walker, we don't need Javon Walker v2.0.

TXBRONC
04-18-2008, 09:22 PM
OK, since any and every above average and not so average player that's in FA or wants to be traded is discuss as a Broncos prospect. What about Jeremy Shockey?

Daniel Graham has been a good addition especially as a blocker but he hasn't made much of an impact in our offense as far as receptions, yards and scores. Sheffler will not be a pro-bowler in his career in my opinion.

TEs are a big part of an NFL offensive play book where as FBs are a dieing breed. Jeremy Shockey can block just as good as Graham and is a way better ball catcher than both our go to TEs. Daniel Graham anyone?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/2008/04/17/2008-04-17_jeremy_shockey_ok_with_trade_talk-2.html

NB that wasn't Graham's fault that he didn't make a big impact in passing game. He was kept into block quite bit on passing downs.

omac
04-18-2008, 09:55 PM
Shockey will out-duel any corner, safety or LB for a 10-15 yard lob in the end zone. Cant' say the same with any of the TEs we have right now.

You're kidding right? A whole bunch of Scheffler's catches are in the air, acrobatic, no regards for his own safety type catches. The one in the endzone where jumped high, fought for it, balanced it between his closed legs, then scooped it up before he hit the ground. He's pretty good at holding on to a pass even when he gets hammered in the middle. Couple that with the fact that Scheffler's a team player, not someone who demands/threatens his QB when he doesn't get the ball, and there's no debate really.

omac
04-18-2008, 09:58 PM
NB that wasn't Graham's fault that he didn't make a big impact in passing game. He was kept into block quite bit on passing downs.

True; Graham's had a few drops, but he's also had some clutch 3rd down receptions, not just for the Broncos, but the Pats as well. That's another guy who'll throw his body around to make a catch.

Mikey really likes to use him more as a blocker, but he knows he's dependable as a receiver.

Nature Boy
04-18-2008, 10:02 PM
Apparently your humor skills aren't as finely honed as you thought.

Apparently.:rolleyes:

Forgive me for watching you defend your original statement later on in this thread...most people who make a sarcastic post don't go all out to defend it after people are already mad.

Why even bother making a thread like this then in the first place?:coffee:

The short bus always comes in later guys, around noon or so. Don't miss that one.

BroncoWave
04-18-2008, 10:11 PM
The short bus always comes in later guys, around noon or so. Don't miss that one.

Yep, your humor still fails. Don't quit your day job.

Nature Boy
04-18-2008, 10:11 PM
Please tell me that is a typo or a joke...please.

When you make yourself look like a fool as often as he does, you are not providing leadership, you are a cancer. We just got rid of Javon Walker, we don't need Javon Walker v2.0.

I like Jeremy Shockey's fiery temperament and attitude and approach to the game. He plays hard every down. That is the emotion I was talking about. Al though I know Shockey will take this offense up a notch, the Broncos have more pressing needs on the O-Line(OT) and D-Line.

I only started the Shockey thread to mock the Chad Johnson thread and the hundreds of other threads that name any and every FA or disgruntled high profile player and their grandmother that have glanced these boards.

But if salary cap is not an issue, Shockey would be a huge upgrade to this offense just as Jared Allen would be for the Defense.

RunYouOver
04-18-2008, 10:45 PM

:rolleyes:

Sounds like someone's a littler bitter over telling a bad joke--or just making a really bad post and trying to cover it up.

:coffee:

BroncoWave
04-18-2008, 10:46 PM
:rolleyes:

Sounds like someone's a littler bitter over telling a bad joke--or just making a really bad post and trying to cover it up.

:coffee:

Yeah, he should have quit while he was ahead. And he was never really that far ahead.

Hoshdude7
04-19-2008, 08:07 PM

This thread fails more than #1Bmarshfan's threads
:salute:

Dreadnought
04-19-2008, 10:16 PM
No thanks! Scheffler is probably as good a target as Shockey. Shockey is a head case, doesn’t like to block, and he get injured a lot. :2thumbsdown:

Correction. Scheff is a far better player than that overrated stiff Shockey. So is Graham. He's one of the last players in the NFL I'd want, period. I would rather go with Chad Mustard and Nate Jackson as our starting TE's rather than sign that skillet handed crybaby fer crissakes, even at League minimum.

topscribe
04-19-2008, 10:54 PM
Those two, RYO and BTB, have proven themselves as pretty good posters here.

It's just that they recognize ridiculous threads when they see them . . .

The Broncos' needs are DT, OT, and safety, principally. You might focus on them.

-----

Lonestar
04-19-2008, 10:57 PM
Those two, RYO and BTB, have proven themselves as pretty good posters here.

It's just that they recognize ridiculous threads when they see them . . .

The Broncos' needs are DT, OT, and safety, principally. You might focus on them.

-----

add to that fact that we are NOT in NEED of another TE. That make this thread MOOT..

HolyDiver
04-19-2008, 11:05 PM

Sheffler wasn't healthy last year until mid-season. I think he'll be a very good TE for us.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-19-2008, 11:07 PM
We already have 2 TEs better than Shockey.

HolyDiver
04-19-2008, 11:08 PM
Receiving Statistics
NAME REC YDS AVG LNG TD FUM LST

Tony Scheffler 49 549 11.2 41 5 1 1

I see Sheffler catching around 60-65 balls this season..................Nothing wrong with that.

Stargazer
04-21-2008, 03:29 AM

FAIL