PDA

View Full Version : Mendenhall a top 15 first rounder???

eessydo
04-17-2008, 04:10 PM
Maybe a got a hold of some bad tape today, but because EVERYONE is so high on Mendenhall I decided to check him out. He failed to impress me. (AGAIN MAY BE SOME BAD FILM BUT I USED MULTIPLE SOURCES).

I think what didn't impress me the most was his inability to run through tackles. He looks awesome when he creates a long run in college, but most of those runs he wasn't touched on until

1: He was hit with anything other than a hand or forearm OR
2: he was in the end zone.

Once contact was made, he pretty much went to the ground. Not to mention he view him as more of a slasher than a north/south runner which does not fit our scheme.

I think we can all agree that in the NFL, productive backs can BOTH run through tackles AND make people miss. I just don't see both those qualities in Mendenall.

Feel free to chime in, but it was just an observation I made while watching him play.....

lex
04-17-2008, 05:39 PM
This thread failed to impress me.

BOSSHOGG30
04-17-2008, 06:04 PM
Maybe a got a hold of some bad tape today, but because EVERYONE is so high on Mendenhall I decided to check him out. He failed to impress me. (AGAIN MAY BE SOME BAD FILM BUT I USED MULTIPLE SOURCES).

I think what didn't impress me the most was his inability to run through tackles. He looks awesome when he creates a long run in college, but most of those runs he wasn't touched on until

1: He was hit with anything other than a hand or forearm OR
2: he was in the end zone.

Once contact was made, he pretty much went to the ground. Not to mention he view him as more of a slasher than a north/south runner which does not fit our scheme.

I think we can all agree that in the NFL, productive backs can BOTH run through tackles AND make people miss. I just don't see both those qualities in Mendenall.

Feel free to chime in, but it was just an observation I made while watching him play.....

He played smaller than he currently is... he put on a lot of bulk before the combine. I think his new and improved bigger version will be quite impressive, but if you watch tape on Mendenhall he loves to bounce or cut back outside the tackle. I don't think his mentality is to run people over, but he can. He needs some work, but you have to love his upside and he is a very good runningback.

honz
04-17-2008, 06:43 PM
I see a little(keyword) LT in him. I think he will be a stud in the NFL.

WARHORSE
04-18-2008, 01:41 AM
Ive seen him run tough. He scratches for yards. You cant teach heart in this league.......he seems to have it.

His style is impressive and made for the Broncos. An everydown back, who wont need to be an everydown back.

Until the playoffs that is.

eessydo
04-18-2008, 07:54 AM
Thanks for the clarification BOSS, I appreciate your constructive feedback unlike your predecessor on this thread.

I hope what your saying rings true, I just watched Mendenhall and Stewart in some film and Stewart just looks like a tougher running back and I had viewed Stewart as an upper first round pick prior to his surgery.

We will all see what happens in a couple of days, and the following season.

Scarface
04-18-2008, 08:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27cxAs7mGSs

I see an explosive back that can run up the middle, break tackles, make one cut and go, catch the ball, and wear out a defense.