PDA

View Full Version : Should We Trade for Ocho Cinco?

Ziggy
04-17-2008, 03:54 PM
Chad Johnson wants to be traded by the draft. Denver needs a #2 wideout. Anyone think we should trade for him? Personally, I say not in a million years. He isn't going to be happy unless he is getting thrown the ball at least 15 times a game, and he is a highly paid cancer. Anyone think we should take a shot to beef up the offense?

honz
04-17-2008, 04:05 PM
I voted yes, but only if he comes at a bargain price with the Bengals getting desperate to get something back for him.

It will never happen, though.

MOtorboat
04-17-2008, 04:08 PM
Fourth-rounder...that's the going rate for disgusted, Pro Bowl-caliber receivers, right?

nevcraw
04-17-2008, 04:09 PM
No doubt! if Randy Moss is worth 4th, so should the loco ocho..

NameUsedBefore
04-17-2008, 04:31 PM
No.

Requiem / The Dagda
04-17-2008, 04:36 PM
In Madden.

BOSSHOGG30
04-17-2008, 04:42 PM
No more head cases please, there is something wrong with Chad......big time

Drill-N-Fill
04-17-2008, 05:16 PM
Chad Johnson wants to be traded by the draft. Denver needs a #2 wideout. Anyone think we should trade for him? Personally, I say not in a million years. He isn't going to be happy unless he is getting thrown the ball at least 15 times a game, and he is a highly paid cancer. Anyone think we should take a shot to beef up the offense?

He has never complained about not getting enough balls.

Round 1 Williams
Round 2 Trade for CJ
Round 4 Ray Rice (dreaming)
Round 5 Trade for Robertson
Round 6 K/P

T...check
S...check
WR....check
LBs....check
DT.....check
k/p.....check

lex
04-17-2008, 05:26 PM
Ive been hearing they want a first. No way. Like someone said, knock it down to a 4th and then you might have something.

underrated29
04-17-2008, 05:28 PM
we should trade for him, but put in a clause that if he is disgruntled and wants to leave before his 3rd year here that we get our 2nd rd pick back.

That way we dont have to worry about another lelie/walker scenario.

Drill-N-Fill
04-17-2008, 05:59 PM
When was the last time we had a WR who has a 3 TD 200 yard receiving game without breaking a sweat.

WARHORSE
04-17-2008, 06:09 PM
Him and his agent are looking for mo money.....mo money.......mo money.

Only if he comes in at his current contract......is not allowed to talk to the media.......will forfeit his salary with any misconduct including verbal jabs at the Broncos org, or not showing up for anything............and we give up nothing more than a fourth.

BOSSHOGG30
04-17-2008, 06:21 PM
Bengals | Houshmandzadeh feels team should trade C. Johnson
Thu, 17 Apr 2008 12:29:22 -0700

Bob Holtzman and John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports Cincinnati Bengals WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh said Thursday, April 17, that it would be best for the team if they parted ways with WR Chad Johnson. "If he's not traded it's going to be a problem." Houshmandzadeh said. Houshmandzadeh thinks Johnson will eventually show up, but it is unclear how much of a distraction he would be to the team.

r8rh8r
04-17-2008, 06:41 PM
He has never complained about not getting enough balls.

Round 1 Williams
Round 2 Trade for CJ
Round 4 Ray Rice (dreaming)
Round 5 Trade for Robertson
Round 6 K/P

T...check
S...check
WR....check
LBs....check
DT.....check
k/p.....check

Is Chad gonna play DT too?

Astrass
04-17-2008, 06:53 PM
Chad is a #1 receiver. He's too good to play behind Marshall. Anyways, we can't afford him.

Drill-N-Fill
04-17-2008, 07:00 PM
Is Chad gonna play DT too?

Yeah. He's going to split time with Robertson. :D

Anyways it will never happen. Bungles have to take a 8 mil cap hit to trade/release him.

TXBRONC
04-17-2008, 07:03 PM
No I think it would be bad idea because of the cost and as it has been mentioned before we have a number one receiver in Brandon Marshall.

NavinJohnson
04-17-2008, 07:17 PM

I'd love to see him get the ball 15 times a game in a Bronco uniform! Besides, there's quite a few teams I hate to see him on-- you know, like teams we'll eventually face in the post-season.

jrelway
04-17-2008, 08:49 PM
no to that. too expensive, plus, we have our #1 WR already. We have a boat load of recievers from free agency, so let em duke it out for the 2nd spot. RB wise, i think we have good depth. Remember how sorry our defense was last year? please shanny, draft nothing but defensive players. defense defense defense.

BANJOPICKER1
04-17-2008, 09:01 PM
I would take him in a heartbeat...:D
GOOOOOOOO BRONCOS!!!!:salute:

BOSSHOGG30
04-17-2008, 09:05 PM
Can we trade Brandon Marshall to the Lions for Calvin Johnson?

jrelway
04-17-2008, 09:14 PM

no way! calvin doesnt produce the yac like marshall can.

BOSSHOGG30
04-17-2008, 09:31 PM
In addition to the Cowboys and Eagles, the Raiders are reportedly among "several teams" that have expressed interest in Chad Johnson.

The Redskins are almost certainly also in the mix. ESPN's John Clayton says the Bengals still don't want to trade Johnson, but it will be hard to pass on an offer if they're blown away. Chad is likely to remain a big distraction.
Source: ESPN Insider

TXBRONC
04-17-2008, 09:37 PM
In addition to the Cowboys and Eagles, the Raiders are reportedly among "several teams" that have expressed interest in Chad Johnson.

The Redskins are almost certainly also in the mix. ESPN's John Clayton says the Bengals still don't want to trade Johnson, but it will be hard to pass on an offer if they're blown away. Chad is likely to remain a big distraction.
Source: ESPN Insider

Denver wont be in the mix for Chad.

DenBronx
04-17-2008, 10:22 PM

can i give you a neg??? seriously id neg you everyday until all my negs ran out. calvin johnson is never going to be the beast that marshall is....never!

DenBronx
04-17-2008, 10:24 PM
Denver wont be in the mix for Chad.

new england really wasnt in the mix for moss until they found out they could steal him for a 4th rounder on draft day. believe me....the bengals will be on the phone during the last minute seeing if they can scramble up a late 3rd or early 4th. someone will call us.

DenBronx
04-17-2008, 10:28 PM
no way! calvin doesnt produce the yac like marshall can.

does calvin even produce?

TXBRONC
04-17-2008, 10:55 PM
new england really wasnt in the mix for moss until they found out they could steal him for a 4th rounder on draft day. believe me....the bengals will be on the phone during the last minute seeing if they can scramble up a late 3rd or early 4th. someone will call us.

I still doubt Denver would try trade for him even if it would only cost a 3rd or 4th round pick because of guaranteed money that they would have to pay him.

DenBronx
04-17-2008, 11:02 PM
I still doubt Denver would try trade for him even if it would only cost a 3rd or 4th round pick because of guaranteed money that they would have to pay him.

now that they signed 3 wideouts i seriously doubt that denver will pull the trigger.

OB
04-18-2008, 12:23 AM
First, im not a fan of head cases on my teams - they ruin the continuity - although he, Moss and To have mad skills - they take away from that with their attitudes - although moss and TO did a good job of checking most of that this yr, IMHO

Chad is a #1 receiver. He's too good to play behind Marshall. Anyways, we can't afford him.

What ass said - ocho dinko would never be happy at #2 - even if it was to Rice, Smith etc....

now that they signed 3 wideouts i seriously doubt that denver will pull the trigger.

good point

Drill-N-Fill
04-18-2008, 09:10 AM
What ass said - ocho dinko would never be happy at #2 - even if it was to Rice, Smith etc....

CJ has said many times that him and Hush are both number 1 WR's and he doesn't care who gets more balls.

I highly doubt that Beangles trade him, taking a 8 million dollar hit is no joke.

Nature Boy
04-18-2008, 03:39 PM
Should we take Ocho Cinco?

Should we take Pac-Man Jones?