PDA

View Full Version : Giants fan here...

dayeh33
04-08-2010, 12:07 PM
I come in peace from the Giants Forums. As most of you probably know... most of us Giants fans want McClain. Since the Broncos are projected in a lot of mock drafts to get McClain... I want to know your opinions on him. Do you guys really want/need him? Or do you guys find that you have bigger needs at other positions? So basically what are the odds you guys draft McClain ahead of my Giants?

Northman
04-08-2010, 12:18 PM
First off, welcome to BF.

For me, i do want and think we need McClain. But we have other needs as well so Denver could go any direction in draft day. I love McClains intensity and his skills and think that he has the potential to be a great LB in the NFL. But we also need Oline and Dline help so im not sure where Denver will go come the draft.

Ravage!!!
04-08-2010, 12:27 PM
Welcome to the boards.

I'm wth Northman. We have SOO many needs, that you can throw darts at the board of positions, and not miss. So yeah, I would love to see McClain here and feel he's a big need for us. Our LB corp, imo, is pretty weak.

dogfish
04-08-2010, 12:28 PM
FWIW, last year we drafted primarily guys that we'd had private workouts with before the draft. . . this year, guys with potential first-round grades that we've worked out include sean weatherspoon, dez bryant, jared odrick and maurkice pouncey. . . we haven't worked out mcclain. . .

does that mean we won't draft him? no, but it would definitely seem to suggest that it's less likely. . .

Grover
04-08-2010, 12:33 PM
We'd be very happy to trade places with your team in the first round, but it'll cost you your third round pick.

underrated29
04-08-2010, 12:36 PM
I doubt we take mclain.

FWIW, from what I have heard from some of the scouts around here. Mclains instincts are suspect. Not saying that he does not have them, but from what i have been informed the defense was designed to run right through him. So while he looked great and fantastic instincts, it was more or less the defensive design for him to make the plays.

There are also concerns about how he would play if he does not have beefy DT/NT to keep guys off of him. Basically the same thing ray lewis complained about to balt. Still he is a stud and should do very well.

Like others have said, i do not believe we take him. I think we go on offensive side of the ball. But my sig also states what I think...who knows...

How about the giants trading up with us to snag an eric berry if he falls or anything? Any rumblings on the giants maybe moving up??

dogfish
04-08-2010, 12:42 PM
I doubt we take mclain.

FWIW, from what I have heard from some of the scouts around here. Mclains instincts are suspect. Not saying that he does not have them, but from what i have been informed the defense was designed to run right through him. So while he looked great and fantastic instincts, it was more or less the defensive design for him to make the plays.

some of the same people said the same shit about maualuga last year, how he didn't have any instincts and only made plays because the action was funneled to him. . . buncha shit then, and it's a bunch of shit now. . .

dayeh33
04-08-2010, 12:42 PM
Grover... I personally wouldn't mind trading our 3rd rounder because the Giants really don't have many glaring needs besides MLB. Injuries and our retarded DC is what made us have that collapse. Anyway we are desperate for a MLB and you guys do not realize how badly we want McClain. You guys are the only team in front of us that is a major threat to take him. So I wouldn't mind it... but the majority of Giants fans are against us trading up for him.

yardog
04-08-2010, 12:52 PM
Welcome.

underrated29
04-08-2010, 01:06 PM
some of the same people said the same shit about maualuga last year, how he didn't have any instincts and only made plays because the action was funneled to him. . . buncha shit then, and it's a bunch of shit now. . .

I dont know why people said that about maualuga. he is strait beastly.... but I was never signed up at the OM last year either. med seems to know his shit pretty well. BUt alas I do not know his track record. I agree mclian will still be a stud, but I am not a scout only go by what I see on film clips. He actually goes to the combine and such.

Still thought when the broncos traded back into the second again, for quinn, that we were going to get rey rey. Still upset about it too.

dogfish
04-08-2010, 01:09 PM
I dont know why people said that about maualuga. he is strait beastly.... but I was never signed up at the OM last year either. med seems to know his shit pretty well. BUt alas I do not know his track record. I agree mclian will still be a stud, but I am not a scout only go by what I see on film clips. He actually goes to the combine and such.

Still thought when the broncos traded back into the second again, for quinn, that we were going to get rey rey. Still upset about it too.

yep, it was med and dream saying that about mugaluga. . .

Grover
04-08-2010, 01:10 PM
Well, I really see us trading down from our #11 for more picks. I also see trades for Sheffler netting us an additional 4th.

I'm not crazy about the idea of drafting a Middle Linebacker with our #11 pick as I see a greater need on the offensive line. If we can convince the Giants that we covet they guy they want, and work a swap, that would be fine by me.

D1g1tal j1m
04-08-2010, 01:14 PM
If the Giants want to trade places with us then I'm sure the FO would love to do it. The Broncos have serious need for a Center and bigger Guards for our Oline and at 15 we can accomplish that with either Pouncey or Iupati. There will be some shuffling of the LB core with Ayers moving to the starting OLB opposite of Dumerville and Haggen moving inside next to DJ. So I don't view the LB as a higher need than Oline for the Broncos.

broncofaninfla
04-08-2010, 01:27 PM
Welcome to the board! I'm all for taking the best player available and feel McClain could be that guy for us. He was a play maker on one of the best defenses in the nation last year and feel he has the talent to be an instant starter in this league.

Hallside
04-08-2010, 01:34 PM
I come in peace from the Giants Forums. As most of you probably know... most of us Giants fans want McClain. Since the Broncos are projected in a lot of mock drafts to get McClain... I want to know your opinions on him. Do you guys really want/need him? Or do you guys find that you have bigger needs at other positions? So basically what are the odds you guys draft McClain ahead of my Giants?

What about Jonathan Goff? I thought he'd be great for the same kind of role McClain would play when NYG drafted him in 08. How has he been working out?

Buff
04-08-2010, 01:37 PM

I think he'll be a serviceable MLB in a 3-4, but probably not someone worthy of the #11 pick. At least not for us this year. Nothing about him leads me to believe he's going to be a superstar, but he also strikes me as a fairly low risk guy who will have an average to above average NFL career. Low Ceiling, high floor type of guy.

I wouldn't hate it if we took him because I think he can help the team. But for me personally, I think there are going to be better options at #11 for us who can make more of an impact on the team than a mike backer. Plus, McD values versatility, I don't seem him investing that heavily in a guy whose role would be somewhat limited.

Buff
04-08-2010, 01:42 PM

Who said that? That was obviously horseshit. Mauluga's biggest asset is his football instinct, the knock on him has always been injuries and occasionally freelancing. Not instincts though. The guy is a monster who flies to the ball.

WARHORSE
04-08-2010, 01:53 PM
We dont want McClain.

:Please help yourself to him.:coffee:

Buff
04-08-2010, 01:55 PM
We dont want McClain.

:Please help yourself to him.:coffee:

See, I wouldn't go that far. I think he could be a contributor, it's just that there are other guys I want more. The one thing I hate about the draft is how we beat these guys up so bad to the point that we convince ourselves they are bad football players. The guy is still a hell of a MLB, which we could use, but we've got other needs to fill.

Ziggy
04-08-2010, 02:02 PM
Welcome Giants fan. McClain is certainly a possiblity, but the Broncos could go in a number of different directions. If Dan Williams is on the board, I think we go with him. Odrick is a strong possibility to be the surprise pick at 11. Joe Haden is a possibility, and if Eric Berry somehow drops, he's a no-brainier. S Earl Thomas is another darkhorse.

Buff
04-08-2010, 02:08 PM
Welcome Giants fan. McClain is certainly a possiblity, but the Broncos could go in a number of different directions. If Dan Williams is on the board, I think we go with him. Odrick is a strong possibility to be the surprise pick at 11. Joe Haden is a possibility, and if Eric Berry somehow drops, he's a no-brainier. S Earl Thomas is another darkhorse.

That's basically my expectation as well, though I think if one of the top 3 offensive tackles falls to #11 then we'll have to take a serious look at them.

claymore
04-08-2010, 02:13 PM
That's basically my expectation as well, though I think if one of the top 3 offensive tackles falls to #11 then we'll have to take a serious look at them.

We are a Ryan Harris high ankle sprain away from another mediocre year.

Buff
04-08-2010, 02:21 PM
We are a Ryan Harris high ankle sprain away from another mediocre year.

That's assuming Harris can even return to 100%. There is some speculation that his injury might be career threatening, though I think they've backed off of that stance a bit. Either way, between that and his back, the guy's whole football career has been injury plagued.

dogfish
04-08-2010, 02:24 PM

i don't disagree with this, but it is worth noting that we haven't worked out bulaga or trent williams. . . if i had to guess right now, i'd say we'll either take dez bryant or reach for pouncey-- with dan williams, weatherspoon and odrick being the other top possiblities. . .

underrated29
04-08-2010, 02:30 PM
i don't disagree with this, but it is worth noting that we haven't worked out bulaga or trent williams. . . if i had to guess right now, i'd say we'll either take dez bryant or reach for pouncey-- with dan williams, weatherspoon and odrick being the other top possiblities. . .

I would not be happy if we took the pounce at 11. Mayock was saying on Draft countdown that in any other year, even this remarkably DEEP DEEP draft that Pouncey would be a 2nd rd pick.

Bryant-id be fine with, or danwil, spoon,odrick, haden,graham, berry/thomas- all would be fine. Pouncey or Iupati at 11 would send me through the roof.

dogfish
04-08-2010, 02:32 PM
I would not be happy if we took the pounce at 11. Mayock was saying on Draft countdown that in any other year, even this remarkably DEEP DEEP draft that Pouncey would be a 2nd rd pick.

Bryant-id be fine with, or danwil, spoon,odrick, haden,graham, berry/thomas- all would be fine. Pouncey or Iupati at 11 would send me through the roof.

pouncey at #11 would piss me off too, but i won't be surprised if we do it. . . i would be okay with iupati, but i know most people wouldn't. . .

BigBroncLove
04-08-2010, 02:36 PM

I wouldn't be happy either. I'm not at the point of grabbing pitch forks and rioting over the whole deal. A few seem to be that upset about the idea of it (not you or many at all) but if the Broncos take Pouncey at #11 I will be unhappy and have this expectation.

Pouncey better be everything and more then his top projection as a player. If you reach for him at #11 my expectations for him as a player go to their highest point since I believe you are clearly making a statement about his quality as a player when you hyper extend yourself to make that sort of reach.

EDIT: I guess after saying that I should explain what my normal expectations and highest expectations will be. Normally I think all rookies, even first rounders, have more than one year to prove themselves in the NFL. That and their careers are always up in the air as to the level of their production and length of careers. Ayers for example. I am more than happy to give him 2 - 3 years to fully develop into the NFL, and I just want to see solid production from him. He does not need to be in the NFL elite, but he does have to contribute to the team.

If Pouncey is taken at #11 I think he should start immediately. He should play at a high level, he should have time to become an elite player, but as the one of the highest drafted Centers you are saying he one day will be. That, and barring injury, he should be at that elite level for at least five years. I would expect that from him, whereas I usually feel such expectations of rookies are unreasonable, by making him one of the highest drafted centers in league history (highest since 68'), to me that's making a clear statement the team thinks he's that calibre of player.

dogfish
04-08-2010, 02:58 PM
I wouldn't be happy either. I'm not at the point of grabbing pitch forks and rioting over the whole deal. A few seem to be that upset about the idea of it (not you or many at all) but if the Broncos take Pouncey at #11 I will be unhappy and have this expectation.

Pouncey better be everything and more then his top projection as a player. If you reach for him at #11 my expectations for him as a player go to their highest point since I believe you are clearly making a statement about his quality as a player when you hyper extend yourself to make that sort of reach.

EDIT: I guess after saying that I should explain what my normal expectations and highest expectations will be. Normally I think all rookies, even first rounders, have more than one year to prove themselves in the NFL. That and their careers are always up in the air as to the level of their production and length of careers. Ayers for example. I am more than happy to give him 2 - 3 years to fully develop into the NFL, and I just want to see solid production from him. He does not need to be in the NFL elite, but he does have to contribute to the team.

If Pouncey is taken at #11 I think he should start immediately. He should play at a high level, he should have time to become an elite player, but as the one of the highest drafted Centers you are saying he one day will be. That, and barring injury, he should be there for at least five years. I would expect that from him, whereas I usually feel such expectations of rookies are unreasonable, by making him one of the highest drafted centers in league history (highest since 68'), to me that's making a clear statement the team thinks he's that calibre of player.

don't want to get this thread too off track, but i'll say this-- nick mangold is the best young center in the game if not the best center period, and he was taken at #29. . . and that was after coming into the draft as a blue chip prospect. . .

claymore
04-08-2010, 03:04 PM
That's assuming Harris can even return to 100%. There is some speculation that his injury might be career threatening, though I think they've backed off of that stance a bit. Either way, between that and his back, the guy's whole football career has been injury plagued.

I have no faith in Harris. I would like some quality depth behind him.

Buff
04-08-2010, 03:06 PM
don't want to get this thread too off track, but i'll say this-- nick mangold is the best young center in the game if not the best center period, and he was taken at #29. . . and that was after coming into the draft as a blue chip prospect. . .

Devil's advocate: Game has evolved even since 2006. More teams emphasizing a 3-4, bigger centers have more value to take on huge NTs.

BigBroncLove
04-08-2010, 03:11 PM

I do have a knack at getting off track don't I.... :D

Great case in point, especially when it comes to expectations for Pouncey.

As for the actual thread subject, I suppose I should actually respond to that since I have not yet.

I like McClain, I really do. I think he is an excellent LB prospect with massive potential upside. By talking about the #11 pick and McClain you immediately want to make the comparison to Patrick Willis (taken #10 overall correct??). I do think McClain is a sure starter like Willis, but he won't have the same overall impact. I do not feel he is as complete a player as Willis was coming into the league. McClain is a very smart player. Makes excellent reads on the field (especially regarding reads downhill), which IMO for a LB is a primary concern for me. Even less athletic LB's can be very successful in the league if they have sound instincts, read plays well, and shift their gap assignments accordingly. Except McClain has the necessary athletic skills to become a dominant LB in the league. He will have to brush up on coverage skills, but I think if the coaching staff uses him correctly, this won't nearly be as large an issue as some may believe. While a very smart player in seeing play at the line, his decisions in space during coverage do need to be worked on. No players game is complete and I don't see this as something that will hamper him for to long.

I personally don't think the Broncos select him. I do feel, whoever gets him (could still be the Broncs since I'm no psychic) will have an immediate upgrade for their team at ILB/MLB.

Ziggy
04-08-2010, 03:16 PM

Even if his injury isn't career threatening, he just hasn't been able to stay healthy. His 2 back surgeries worry me. I'll be looking for the Broncos to take a tackle at some point in the draft. There are quite a few in this draft that can provide depth at both the tackle and guard spot:

Rodger Saffold
Ciron Black
Anthony Davis
Chris Degeare
Ed Wang
Vladimir Ducasse
...and a few more that I'm sure I'm forgetting

Denver Native (Carol)
04-08-2010, 03:16 PM
http://walterfootball.com/draft2010_1.php

This is what WalterFootball.com has right now, in regards to the Broncos, Giants, and McClain:

Denver Broncos: Dan Williams, NT, Tennessee
Many 2010 NFL Mock Drafts moved away from projecting Dan Williams to the Broncos in the wake of the Jamal Williams signing. I still think Dan Williams is a strong possibility; Jamal Williams is a 34-year-old injury-prone player. Even last year when he was on San Diego's roster, nose tackle was considered a need for the Chargers because Jamal Williams was wearing down.

Also remember that the Packers selected B.J. Raji last year despite having Ryan Pickett on the roster. The Broncos have to be aware that Jamal Williams is a huge injury risk.

Dan Williams had a great Combine (5.17 40 at 327 pounds), solidifying himself as the No. 3 defensive tackle in this class.

Other 2010 NFL Draft Possibilities:

1. Rolando McClain, ILB - Andra Davis was cut, so Rolando McClain is more of a possibility here, but I think No. 11 is way too high for an inside linebacker. Remember, no inside linebacker has been picked in the top eight in the past 15 years, the highest being Brian Urlacher at No. 9. McClain ran a mediocre 40 at his Pro Day (4.71).

2. Dez Bryant, WR - If Brandon Marshall is traded, Dez Bryant could be an option. But is Josh McDaniels willing to take on a diva receiver after dealing another one?

New York Giants: C.J. Spiller, RB, Clemson
General manager Jerry Reese is a big believer in taking the best player on his board. With rumors circling that several teams are thinking about trading up for C.J. Spiller, it's clear that many believe that the Clemson product is a borderline top-10 talent. If Reese agrees with this notion, he will look into drafting Spiller if he sticks with his BPA strategy.

Some may be opposed to taking a running back in the top half of the NFL Draft, especially one who won't be able to carry the ball 20-plus times per game. But Spiller is a dynamic weapon and a home-run threat. The Giants need an explosive player like him on offense, especially with Brandon Jacobs being injury-prone and Ahmad Bradshaw unable to assume Derrick Ward's role as a reliable pass-catcher.

1. Derrick Morgan, DE - With so many 3-4 teams, Derrick Morgan could easily fall to No. 15. If so, he's the no-brainer selection.

2. Sean Weatherspoon or Rolando McClain, ILBs - Some will doubt that Rolando McClain could make it to No. 15, but inside linebackers have fallen before (Rey Maualuga, James Laurinaitis). If McClain is here, the Giants could be intrigued. However, McClain projects poorly into a 4-3 Tampa-2 defense. That's why I listed Sean Weatherspoon as well; he would be a perfect fit in Perry Fewell's scheme.

Pittsburgh Steelers: Rolando McClain, ILB, Alabama
Surprised to see Rolando McClain this low? Some mocks have McClain as high as No. 5, which I think is crazy. No inside linebacker has gone higher than No. 9 (Brian Urlacher) in the past 15 years. And there's a reason for that, as well as the fact that other renowned inside linebackers like Rey Maualuga and James Laurinaitis have fallen - the position is not that important.

As for McClain specifically, he ran a 4.71 at his Pro Day and is not a good fit for a 4-3 defense. He was also diagnosed with Crohn's Disease; that likely won't impact his draft status, but it may be a slight deterrent if he's close with another prospect on some team's board.

Having said that, McClain is a great value at No. 18, and I can't see the Steelers passing up on him if he's available, even in the wake of the Larry Foote signing. Foote was added on to be a backup because the 35-year-old James Farrior won't be around much longer. McClain will likely step in as a starter in 2011 next to Lawrence Timmons, with Foote being the third inside linebacker on the depth chart.

1. Kyle Wilson, CB - Corner is a huge need for the Steelers.

2. Mike Iupati or Maurkice Pouncey, G - Right guard has to be upgraded. Maurkice Pouncey could take over at center later on.

dogfish
04-08-2010, 03:34 PM
Even if his injury isn't career threatening, he just hasn't been able to stay healthy. His 2 back surgeries worry me. I'll be looking for the Broncos to take a tackle at some point in the draft. There are quite a few in this draft that can provide depth at both the tackle and guard spot:

Rodger Saffold
Ciron Black
Anthony Davis
Chris Degeare
Ed Wang
Vladimir Ducasse

we do need depth at the position, and IMO taking a guy to play inside who also has potential to play tackle down the road is the best way to handle it-- let the rook compete with olsen and hochstein for a starting spot this year, knowing that he might get slid outside to tackle if harris gets hurt, or leaves at the end of his contract. . . it's a nice way to build depth for the future while still possibly getting some immediate help as well. . .

iupati, saffold and ducasse all look like solid options. . . i think anthony davis has huge bust potential-- i wouldn't touch him with a high pick. . .

BigBroncLove
04-08-2010, 03:41 PM

Rodger Saffold
Ciron Black
Anthony Davis
Chris Degeare
Ed Wang
Vladimir Ducasse

I too worry about Harris. That, and when he was injured this last year again it was quite obvious the hole on the right side. I know the coaching staff said there wasn't a lot of drop off with Polumbus, but that's what I saw.

I especially like Vladi for his play combined with the value you would get out of him (given his current projection).

underrated29
04-08-2010, 03:42 PM
pft reported that after vlad ducs played T and got owned left and right he begged the coach to get him back in at Guard..

The scouts they interviewed said that is a big negative on a guy, shows he is afraid to get beat and wont play with that hunger....

Ducs- would be cool here and he can play T in a pinch so yes thats what we need. Thats why I like baluga in my mock. He can do both as well. RT and G. And he has a high motor.

dogfish
04-08-2010, 05:11 PM
pft reported that after vlad ducs played T and got owned left and right he begged the coach to get him back in at Guard..

The scouts they interviewed said that is a big negative on a guy, shows he is afraid to get beat and wont play with that hunger....

Ducs- would be cool here and he can play T in a pinch so yes thats what we need. Thats why I like baluga in my mock. He can do both as well. RT and G. And he has a high motor.

i saw that about ducasse also, and it does look like a bit of a red flag-- still, it's just one evaluator's opinion, and there are plenty of negatives pointed out about virtually every prospect this time of year. . . if you take every comment as gospel, you'll end up thinking there won't be a single decent player in the entire draft. . .

ducasse is raw and hasn't faced tons of good competition-- maybe he is soft, but IMO one bad day of senior bowl practice isn't really enough for that label to stick to him just yet. . .

i do rank saffold ahead of him right now because he's reportedly extremely competitive and just as talented, but it's not like i think we should take ducasse off our board. . .

i'm not sure if he's going to fit better inside or outside, but i'd call it a huge victory if we were able to get bulaga at #11. . . that would pretty much be an ideal scenario. . . i don't think he's going to be there, though. . . .

rcsodak
04-08-2010, 08:40 PM
pouncey at #11 would piss me off too, but i won't be surprised if we do it. . . i would be okay with iupati, but i know most people wouldn't. . .

Iupati can't play without holding.
Let the faiders get him.

With there being another candy striper in the backfield, holds are going to be never-ending with him.

dogfish
04-08-2010, 09:23 PM
Iupati can't play without holding.
Let the faiders get him.

With there being another candy striper in the backfield, holds are going to be never-ending with him.

that's a technique issue, not a talent issue-- i might worry about it more if we were talking about a left tackle, but that's something any decent OL coach should be able to correct in an interior lineman IMO. . .

underrated29
04-08-2010, 10:14 PM
i saw that about ducasse also, and it does look like a bit of a red flag-- still, it's just one evaluator's opinion, and there are plenty of negatives pointed out about virtually every prospect this time of year. . . if you take every comment as gospel, you'll end up thinking there won't be a single decent player in the entire draft. . .

ducasse is raw and hasn't faced tons of good competition-- maybe he is soft, but IMO one bad day of senior bowl practice isn't really enough for that label to stick to him just yet. . .

i do rank saffold ahead of him right now because he's reportedly extremely competitive and just as talented, but it's not like i think we should take ducasse off our board. . .

i'm not sure if he's going to fit better inside or outside, but i'd call it a huge victory if we were able to get bulaga at #11. . . that would pretty much be an ideal scenario. . . i don't think he's going to be there, though. . . .

oh for sure. I am just trying to paint both sides of the picture. I would be thrilled with Vlad in the 2nd. He has tons of talent and he excells at G, which is what we need. But also can play T in a pinch, which might also be a need..... Same with the other guys.

As for Baluga. I expect to see him go somewhere between the chefs and browns. But anything is possible and someone always falls.....lets hope its him.

Lonestar
04-08-2010, 10:50 PM
I have no faith in Harris. I would like some quality depth behind him.

I'd like a quality tackle taken in the first few rounds to duke it out with Harris.

Let the best man win. IF clady or harris wants to walk in a couple of years then we have a replacement for him up and ready to go.

JDL
04-09-2010, 12:39 AM
I think McClain fills Denver's #1 need.... young Defensive leader. Position doesn't matter... we're building from the ground up and will need DE, DT, ILB, OLB, CB, S over the next 3 years, but you first need young future leaders to learn from Dawkins and co. I think there has been an emphasis on fixing the Run D and McClain or Dan Williams are the next logical step.

It is possible we also go with OL (probably not with that pick though).. we probably want another 1st a little later to fill that.

dayeh33
04-13-2010, 04:28 PM
As a Giants fan I'd be really pissed if McClain is picked ahead of us. Is he basically penciled in to go to you guys or do you guys prefer somebody else over him?

topscribe
04-13-2010, 04:30 PM
There are so many possibilities right now: McClain, Pouncey, Iupati, McCoy, even Tebow, I guess . . .

Or a trade down or up.

Stay tuned . . .

-----

Northman
04-13-2010, 04:31 PM
We are taking Tebow.

underrated29
04-13-2010, 04:31 PM
didnt we already go through this before???

No- IMO I seriously doubt we take him. esp if we trade brandon.

topscribe
04-13-2010, 04:32 PM
We are taking Tebow.

Guess I'd better start saving for a new TV.

I don't believe it will survive my shoe . . .

-----

Italianmobstr7
04-13-2010, 04:37 PM
I think we'll take Dez Bryant if Marshall is traded.

broncobryce
04-13-2010, 04:38 PM
Obviously, no.

slim
04-13-2010, 04:41 PM
I think we'll take Dez Bryant if Marshall is traded.

Please don't say things like that.

Northman
04-13-2010, 04:42 PM
Please don't say things like that.

Could happen.

broncobryce
04-13-2010, 04:55 PM
Dez visits Denver tomarrow.

slim
04-13-2010, 05:00 PM
Dez visits Denver tomarrow.

I hope you are joking.

TXBRONC
04-13-2010, 05:01 PM
We are taking Tebow.

Shut up. :lol:

If we take Tebow with the 11th pick I going to throw rocks at you! :tsk: j/k

topscribe
04-13-2010, 05:02 PM
I hope you are joking.

About the visit, or about the way he spelled "tomorrow"? :laugh:

(j/k, BB)

-----

SOCALORADO.
04-13-2010, 05:03 PM
When Marshall is traded tommorow, this will be your new #11 pick.

http://www.nlsff.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/bryant-dez-catch.jpg

T.K.O.
04-13-2010, 05:05 PM

and with our #14 ?;)

HORSEPOWER 56
04-13-2010, 05:09 PM
Geez I hope not. Just say no to Rolando McClain for TED LB. :2thumbsdown:

About the only thing that would be worse is Dez Bryant... :banghead:

Skinny
04-13-2010, 05:16 PM
Maybe Weatherspoon could be a option for the Gmen if McClain is gone? If i was a Giant fan you wouldn't hear me caplain.

Chaney could be another option. There's some pretty good MLB propsects out there.

I hope we select Dan Williams if there myself. Nothing against McClain...

TXBRONC
04-13-2010, 05:23 PM

Something is missing from your post? ;)

Buff
04-13-2010, 05:31 PM
As a Giants fan I'd be really pissed if McClain is picked ahead of us. Is he basically penciled in to go to you guys or do you guys prefer somebody else over him?

Did you read a single post from the last thread you started?

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129633&highlight=giants

dogfish
04-13-2010, 05:43 PM
Maybe Weatherspoon could be a option for the Gmen if McClain is gone? If i was a Giant fan you wouldn't hear me caplain.

Chaney could be another option. There's some pretty good MLB propsects out there.

I hope we select Dan Williams if there myself. Nothing against McClain...

i suspect the giants might take weatherspoon even if mcclain is still there. . . i think weatherspoon fits better in the 4-3, especially because he has the versatility to play inside or out. . .

Skinny
04-13-2010, 05:52 PM
i suspect the giants might take weatherspoon even if mcclain is still there. . . i think weatherspoon fits better in the 4-3, especially because he has the versatility to play inside or out. . .I agree, i think Weatherspoon does too from a pure athletic ability standpoint. I think even Chaney could be a better fit.

Italianmobstr7
04-13-2010, 05:57 PM
I thought we may go with McClain at 11, but if we trade Marshall I'd put $$$ on it being Dez. You don't lose a top 5 WR in the league and not try and replace him. Dez is like a hybrid version of Marshall, so it makes perfect sense.

underrated29
04-13-2010, 06:01 PM
I thought we may go with McClain at 11, but if we trade Marshall I'd put $$$ on it being Dez. You don't lose a top 5 WR in the league and not try and replace him. Dez is like a hybrid version of Marshall, so it makes perfect sense.

Disagree. D. Thomas is a version of Marshall.

Dez is a better version........., or in other words a lesser version of AJ. (for now)

But we have some serious interest in Arrelius Benn. If we get a top 35 for marshall, i see the draft playing out two different ways......suppose I should make a thread instead of derailing this one....regardless how pointless and redundant it is.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-13-2010, 06:06 PM
At this point, I'd kinda be disappointed w/ McClain as our pick. I'm sure he'll be a stud, but I wanna see someone in the trenches. Orton and Moreno will be that much better w/ the oline solidified. Also, Dan Williams rotating w/ and learning from Jamal Williams is very inticing.

HORSEPOWER 56
04-13-2010, 07:13 PM
Disagree. D. Thomas is a version of Marshall.

Dez is a better version........., or in other words a lesser version of AJ. (for now)

Andre Johnson? You mean the guy that runs in the 4.3s and is one of the fastest players (not just WRs) in the league? Yeah, Dez with his 4.6 speed can race Rolando McClain with his 4.6 speed right the hell away from my #11 draft pick.

Read and heed... DEZ BRYANT WILL BE A BUST IN THE NFL!!!

Carl
04-13-2010, 07:35 PM
At this point, I'd kinda be disappointed w/ McClain as our pick. I'm sure he'll be a stud, but I wanna see someone in the trenches. Orton and Moreno will be that much better w/ the oline solidified. Also, Dan Williams rotating w/ and learning from Jamal Williams is very inticing.

Who? Pouncey or Iupati? They are both reaches at this point. The highest either goes is at 18 to the Steelers and even that probably wont happen. I dont care how good either guy is why pay more than you have to? Okung, Trent Williams, Bruce Cambell, and Bryan Bulaga will be gone. That leaves Anthony Davis as the best tackle and i would be even less excited about that pick than i would about Iupati. It has to be Mcclain. Its the only thing that makes sense (other than Bryant, which i just really dont want to happen).

DenBronx
04-13-2010, 07:45 PM

^^^^^

what he said.

DenBronx
04-13-2010, 07:49 PM
Andre Johnson? You mean the guy that runs in the 4.3s and is one of the fastest players (not just WRs) in the league? Yeah, Dez with his 4.6 speed can race Rolando McClain with his 4.6 speed right the hell away from my #11 draft pick.

Read and heed... DEZ BRYANT WILL BE A BUST IN THE NFL!!!

how so? wasnt jerry rice considered slow? the 40 yard dash doesn't make or break an nfl wr. reference ashlie lelie and marcus nash.

TXBRONC
04-13-2010, 08:31 PM
how so? wasnt jerry rice considered slow? the 40 yard dash doesn't make or break an nfl wr. reference ashlie lelie and marcus nash.

Game speed is what truely counts and the ability to get separation. Having said that from what I've seen from Bryant he seems to have trouble getting away from defensive backs.

Rick
04-13-2010, 09:14 PM
Is he basically penciled in

Let me check with Josh, I'll get back to you.

Superchop 7
04-14-2010, 08:04 PM
I would still takes Spikes ahead of McClain.

Better leader on the field, better in pass coverage.

horsemeat
04-15-2010, 01:46 AM
Rolando McClain would be a horrible pick. Highly overated IMO.

dayeh33
04-17-2010, 01:56 PM
I send you this message on behalf of everyone on the Giants Forums. It would be greatly appreciated if your team passed on McClain and you guys let him slide to the 15th pick. I know everyone on this forum knows that we need him more than you do. Thank you and good luck next season.

Northman
04-17-2010, 02:00 PM
You could of used the same thread like 2 times ago. But no, we are taking McClain so your team will have to suffer.

T.K.O.
04-17-2010, 02:01 PM
i'll shoot mcD an email regarding your request....i'm sure he would love to help.
besides he probably feels guilty for sending that powerhouse qb to the nfc,making it nearly impossible for the giants to get to another sb for at least a decade;)

dogfish
04-17-2010, 02:05 PM
nope. . . tell the giants brass we're taking him unless they make us a ridiculous trade offer. . . .

BroncoJoe
04-17-2010, 02:12 PM
Off topic a bit, but I'm really interested in hearing what a Giants' fan thinks of Eli.

spikerman
04-17-2010, 02:14 PM
After watching the masterful job the Broncos' braintrust did last year with the draft, I think you can go ahead and reserve a locker for McClain. I hear there's a tight end that had 7 catches in his college career that the Broncos are licking their chops over.

Italianmobstr7
04-17-2010, 02:35 PM
I'm going to laugh if the Giants trade up to 11 and PASS on McClain.

Ziggy
04-17-2010, 02:35 PM
After watching the masterful job the Broncos' braintrust did last year with the draft, I think you can go ahead and reserve a locker for McClain. I hear there's a tight end that had 7 catches in his college career that the Broncos are licking their chops over.

Yes, because judging a draft class after 1 season is intelligent. Carry on.

Italianmobstr7
04-17-2010, 02:38 PM

You're right. We should base what happened last year as to what's going to happen this year. I mean, we didn't have all year to prepare for this years draft unlike last year where we had 2 months and were in the middle of switching systems. Things are going to be different this year. Things are completely changed from the old ways and we've got a plan going in to this years draft. I think having a year to prepare and get experience over have 2 months to prepare and having 0 experience will help our draft process quite a bit.

TXBRONC
04-17-2010, 02:45 PM
nope. . . tell the giants brass we're taking him unless they make us a ridiculous trade offer. . . .

Their 1st,2nd, and 3rd from this year's draft would that qualify as ridiculous?

spikerman
04-17-2010, 03:44 PM
Yes, because judging a draft class after 1 season is intelligent. Carry on.

So was firing your personnel department just before the draft, trading a first round pick to draft a guy who was beaten out by a guy on social security and an undrafted free agent, and trading two picks for a TE with 12 career catches in college.

Hopefully that was just a first year jinx, but I'm not so sure. I think if I was drafting two players in the top 20 I would like at least one of them to have an impact as a rookie.

Nothing would make me happier than to eat crow after the draft, but I have very little faith in these guys at the moment.

T.K.O.
04-17-2010, 03:58 PM
So was firing your personnel department just before the draft, trading a first round pick to draft a guy who was beaten out by a guy on social security and an undrafted free agent, and trading two picks for a TE with 12 career catches in college.

Hopefully that was just a first year jinx, but I'm not so sure. I think if I was drafting two players in the top 20 I would like at least one of them to have an impact as a rookie.

Nothing would make me happier than to eat crow after the draft, but I have very little faith in these guys at the moment.

:laugh:did,nt moreno lead all rookie rb's ?
i'm not saying he was a 1st year probowler.....but considering the o-line we fielded and the fact that it was his first 16 game season i would say almost 1000 yds while splitting carries and playing through injury is some "impact".
and ayers is expected by many to be a force within the next season or 2.
last years draft is far from being labeled a bust at this point.
but don't let me ruin your day with positive thinking......hate on:laugh:

Italianmobstr7
04-17-2010, 03:59 PM
Knowshon had a great impact for our team. He had ups and downs. Some good games, some bad. So by your assessment 1 out of our 2 DID have an impact so you should be happy. Also Ayers had a fumble return for a TD. He didn't have a great impact last year but I think he'll produce much more this year. He was drafted as a DE and turned into an OLB. He had a LOT of work to do to become an impact player last year.

spikerman
04-17-2010, 04:02 PM
:laugh:did,nt moreno lead all rookie rb's ?
i'm not saying he was a 1st year probowler.....but considering the o-line we fielded and the fact that it was his first 16 game season i would say almost 1000 yds while splitting carries and playing through injury is some "impact".
and ayers is expected by many to be a force within the next season or 2.
last years draft is far from being labeled a bust at this point.
but don't let me ruin your day with positive thinking......hate on:laugh:
For me, "almost 1000 yds" for the #12 pick in the draft is not having an impact. It only takes 62 yards per game to reach 1000 yards. That's not that much - especially for a guy drafted that high.

As for Ayers, potential is great, but didn't Jarvis Moss have a lot of potential when he was drafted too? I hope Ayers does become the player that a lot of people expect, but it remains to be seen.

And thank you - I will continue, all the while hoping to be proven wrong. :salute:

spikerman
04-17-2010, 04:04 PM
Knowshon had a great impact for our team. He had ups and downs. Some good games, some bad. So by your assessment 1 out of our 2 DID have an impact so you should be happy. Also Ayers had a fumble return for a TD. He didn't have a great impact last year but I think he'll produce much more this year. He was drafted as a DE and turned into an OLB. He had a LOT of work to do to become an impact player last year.

See my post above about Moreno. As for Ayers, I agree with you. He had/has a lot of work to do to become an effective OLB. That's why I think #18 was too high to pick him especially with so many other needs.

One note, I don't think the first round is where Denver made their biggest mistakes last year.

Grover
04-17-2010, 04:47 PM
The issue that makes me (and a lot of others I'm guessing) nervious is that we are trading good, proven players for draft picks (Cutler, Marshall), but so far this administration hasn't been totally successful with their draft selections. It's still early, so they may still pan out, but nothing is proven yet. It's what makes me very nervous about giving up the players, because McD hasn't proven himself in the draft yet.

honz
04-17-2010, 06:53 PM
Giants fans sure do have a hard on for McClain. What is this like the 3rd thread begging us to not take McClain...as if we have any say over the matter.

T.K.O.
04-18-2010, 11:35 AM
The issue that makes me (and a lot of others I'm guessing) nervious is that we are trading good, proven players for draft picks (Cutler, Marshall), but so far this administration hasn't been totally successful with their draft selections. It's still early, so they may still pan out, but nothing is proven yet. It's what makes me very nervous about giving up the players, because McD hasn't proven himself in the draft yet.

forcing players who don't want to stay to remain is no way to build a solid team.....it just would'nt work so getting high draft picks is the best option in both cases