PDA

View Full Version : Weiss to Josh: "Go get Quinn."

WARHORSE
04-07-2010, 10:58 PM
This is from ESPN": Broncos on the clock.

Very interesting, and I believe Weiss, who knows his way around QBs as we all know..........saw what I saw.........Quinn was being ruined by coaches who didnt know what they were doing with a QB.

It would sure be funny if Quinn ended up being a thorn in the Chefs side for years thanks to Weiss' recommendation.

We'll be sure and send him a card:

Thank you Charlie..........thank you very much.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/11817/video-on-the-clock-broncos

Shazam!
04-08-2010, 12:27 AM
Nah... Weiss and especially Josh McDaniels don't know shit about QBs.

dogfish
04-08-2010, 01:14 AM
video doesn't want to play for me, but even without listening i would question why exactly we should think a coach for a division rival would want to give us good advice. . .

LordTrychon
04-08-2010, 01:23 AM
video doesn't want to play for me, but even without listening i would question why exactly we should think a coach for a division rival would want to give us good advice. . .

Pretty sure the story goes that before he became the coach of the Chiefs, Weiss told McDaniels to go after Quinn.

Otherweiss, the story would be that he said... "Go get Quinn... *snicker, snicker*"

(So it could just be a miscommunication)

BroncoBJ
04-08-2010, 01:33 AM
Pretty sure the story goes that before he became the coach of the Chiefs, Weiss told McDaniels to go after Quinn.

Otherweiss, the story would be that he said... "Go get Quinn... *snicker, snicker*"

(So it could just be a miscommunication)

:lol: Yea, the story was when Weiss was still at Notre Dame. That'd be silly if a rival coach tried to give us advice. :fight:

:salute:

Lonestar
04-08-2010, 02:32 AM
Even if he was at KC why would that be any different than Jeff Fischer talking up jay cutler before the draft to mike.

If he did it, it was because they worked together for years in NE. As wiess was his college coach he knows what kind of kid he is

IIRC Josh wanted him last year. But the browns would not trade.

So what is the surprise?

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel.

claymore
04-08-2010, 07:41 AM

Exactly. There is zero proof these guys know anything about a QB. Both have sucked ass minus Tom Brady. :hi5:

Lonestar
04-08-2010, 09:01 AM
Yep Cassell was a total failure in NE@ 11-5 in a tough divison.

claymore
04-08-2010, 09:06 AM
Yep Cassell was a total failure in NE@ 11-5 in a tough divison.

Matt Cassell was a FLOP last year. He had a mediocre inflated year with Moss, welker and the rest of NE's supporting cast.

I hope to hell you are not trying to immply Matt Cassel is a good QB.

SOCALORADO.
04-08-2010, 09:08 AM
TXBRONC,
Qwinn will start week 1.

Sincerely, SOCAL

Lonestar
04-08-2010, 09:22 AM
Actually IMO he like Orton are better QB's than you are THINKING.

Time will tell.

claymore
04-08-2010, 09:28 AM
Actually IMO he like Orton are better QB's than you are THINKING.

Time will tell.

Cassel is terrible. He will never make it to the end of his current contract.

Orton, I think he has peaked. If not, his peak isnt far from last year. If he ever has a 4500 yard 30+ TD season with a high 3rd down % I will definitley be a proud fan.

But I doubt that happens.

Lonestar
04-08-2010, 09:38 AM
Well Clay this is not P&R where if you repeat something a gazillion times some gullible people will start believing it is true.

You are entitled to your Opine even if you are wrong.
:laugh:

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel

Lonestar
04-08-2010, 09:42 AM
As for Cassell guess it does not matter as he is a guaranteed millionaire.
Kind pisses you off doesn't it. It does me.

claymore
04-08-2010, 09:44 AM
As for Cassell guess it does not matter as he is a guaranteed millionaire.
Kind pisses you off doesn't it. It does me.

Im actualy happy for the guy.

Ravage!!!
04-08-2010, 09:54 AM
Im actualy happy for the guy.

weird to me how some people have such jealousy about the amount of money another person makes. Its sad.

Ravage!!!
04-08-2010, 10:11 AM
Cassel went 11-5 with a team that went 18-0 the previous year. Thats not exactly lighting the world on fire. If the Patriots would have gone 11-5 the previous year, the drop would have shown up significantly more.

I just don't buy in to the "it was the coaches at Cleveland" fault. We've seen good QBs shine despite the team they were on. Brady had a hard time beating out Anderson. That says a lot, considering Anderson had the same 'bad' coaches.

As of right now, there isn't much to get excited about Quinn. OTHER than the fact that he might very well be an improvement over what we already have.

TXBRONC
04-08-2010, 10:29 AM
TXBRONC,
Qwinn will start week 1.

Sincerely, SOCAL

Mister consistent. :lol:

Broncolingus
04-08-2010, 10:31 AM
We don't have the whole story here...

While I suppose it's possible that Weiss meant, "...go get Quinn - 'to be your QB'..."

...he also could've meant other things.

"...go get Quinn...to wash your car."

"...go get Quinn...paint your house."

Personally, this is what I think Weiss meant: "...go get Quinn...if you really want to prove Claymore is gay."

Seems the most logical to me...

...just sayin. :D

CoachChaz
04-08-2010, 10:42 AM
It almost baffles me that Cleveland can go through a dozen QB's in the last 8-10 years and in no way, shape or form will public opinion admit that just maybe the organization mishandles QB's and the blame falls squarely on the players.

Also intrigues me that Cassel can have a bad year behind a putrid OL with zero help from skill positions and again...the blame is all his.

But...I guess I should be use to it by now. I mean McD use to coach Cassel and he wanted Quinn, so the trickle down effect of hatred is expected at this point. I'd be curious to see just how horrible of a player a guy like Adrian Petersen would suddenly be percieved as if he were acquired by the McDaniels camp.

I'm not saying that Cassel or Quinn or Orion are the greatest players to ever step on the field, but good grief...hating them simply because McDaniels coaches/coached them is just ridiculous

claymore
04-08-2010, 10:44 AM
It almost baffles me that Cleveland can go through a dozen QB's in the last 8-10 years and in no way, shape or form will public opinion admit that just maybe the organization mishandles QB's and the blame falls squarely on the players.

Also intrigues me that Cassel can have a bad year behind a putrid OL with zero help from skill positions and again...the blame is all his.

But...I guess I should be use to it by now. I mean McD use to coach Cassel and he wanted Quinn, so the trickle down effect of hatred is expected at this point. I'd be curious to see just how horrible of a player a guy like Adrian Petersen would suddenly be percieved as if he were acquired by the McDaniels camp.

Or we can all agree not to have an opinion for 15 more years until it plays itself out, and not have anything to talk about.

CoachChaz
04-08-2010, 10:47 AM
Or we can all agree not to have an opinion for 15 more years until it plays itself out, and not have anything to talk about.

Get real, man. The "I guess we're not allowed to have an opinion" crap is old. Nowhere in my comment did I say that people were wrong for having their opinion. I simply stated that it intrigued me that people had a certain opinion and that it seemed interesting to me how they came to have that opinion.

When I tell you or anyone else that an opinion is not allowed...I'll let you know in advance. In the meantime...please find another excuse for martyrdom. TIA

SOCALORADO.
04-08-2010, 10:47 AM

Not aquired, just a rumor that MCD thought Petersen was good, would be enough to create a deluge of hate towards him.
Hold on.....i am getting a telekinetic thought from Josh..............yeah....
yeah..........uh huh.....em kay.
OK, Josh thinks Petersen fumbles too much and so he would rather have Chris Johnson.
So we all got that goin for us now....

CoachChaz
04-08-2010, 10:50 AM
Not aquired, just a rumor that MCD thought Petersen was good, would be enough to create a deluge of hate towards him.
Hold on.....i am getting a telekinetic thought from Josh..............yeah....
yeah..........uh huh.....em kay.
OK, Josh thinks Petersen fumbles too much and so he would rather have Chris Johnson.
So we all got that goin for us now....

I once heard Josh mention something about how talented Manning was. Of course I immediately disagreed.

TXBRONC
04-08-2010, 10:51 AM
Cassel went 11-5 with a team that went 18-0 the previous year. Thats not exactly lighting the world on fire. If the Patriots would have gone 11-5 the previous year, the drop would have shown up significantly more.

I just don't buy in to the "it was the coaches at Cleveland" fault. We've seen good QBs shine despite the team they were on. Brady had a hard time beating out Anderson. That says a lot, considering Anderson had the same 'bad' coaches.

As of right now, there isn't much to get excited about Quinn. OTHER than the fact that he might very well be an improvement over what we already have.

When guy has been a back up quarterback for four years going 11-5 in 15 and 1/2 games is pretty good. But when you look at the five losses four of them were against teams that were even with them talent wise or slightly better. One of those losses was a beat down by the eventual Super Bowl Champion Steetlers

As far as Quinn is concerned I think system (smaller scale) that is virtually the same one he ran in college might help him. I'm not going to hold my breath on that being case but I'm curious to see what happens.

roomemp
04-08-2010, 10:56 AM
Matt Cassell was a FLOP last year. He had a mediocre inflated year with Moss, welker and the rest of NE's supporting cast.

I hope to hell you are not trying to immply Matt Cassel is a good QB.

I agree with you 100% . Cassel is garbage. Many say Orton is garbage too.

............Look what McDaniels did with garbage Qb's ........Imagine what he could do with a talented one (Tom Brady is a perfect example)

claymore
04-08-2010, 10:56 AM

I'm not saying that Cassel or Quinn or Orion are the greatest players to ever step on the field, but good grief...hating them simply because McDaniels coaches/coached them is just ridiculous

Get real, man. The "I guess we're not allowed to have an opinion" crap is old. Nowhere in my comment did I say that people were wrong for having their opinion. I simply stated that it intrigued me that people had a certain opinion and that it seemed interesting to me how they came to have that opinion.

When I tell you or anyone else that an opinion is not allowed...I'll let you know in advance. In the meantime...please find another excuse for martyrdom. TIA
Plenty of organizations dont have good QB's for long periods of time. Maybe they mishandle them, but I think they just pick the wrong ones. Cleveland hasnt been successfull in anything. Id find it hard to believe that they found gold in Quinn, and just couldnt make it work.

I hated quinn before I knew who McDaniels was. I dont hate Orton, or Cassel. I just think that Orton has peaked, and isnt that good. I think Cassel's best years are behind him. KC can pay someone alot less to produce what Cassel produced last year.

CoachChaz
04-08-2010, 10:57 AM
When guy has been a back up quarterback for four years going 11-5 in 15 and 1/2 games is pretty good. But when you look at the five losses four of them were against teams that were even with them talent wise or slightly better. One of those losses was a beat down by the eventual Super Bowl Champion Steetlers

As far as Quinn is concerned I think system (smaller scale) that is virtually the same one he ran in college might help him. I'm not going to hold my breath on that being case but I'm curious to see what happens.

I've been warned that being rational and reasonable is not allowed here. Be careful

claymore
04-08-2010, 10:59 AM
I agree with you 100% . Cassel is garbage. Many say Orton is garbage too.

............Look what McDaniels did with garbage Qb's ........Imagine what he could do with a talented one (Tom Brady is a perfect example)

He made a Great QB look great with Great players, he made a mediocre/bad QB look mediocre/bad with great players, and he made a mediocre QB look mediocre with good players.

Big deal.

Ravage!!!
04-08-2010, 10:59 AM

Seriously? You are turning this into a "McD hatred" thread? Why? Thats ridiculous.

The reason most people aren't 'buying' into Cassel is pretty obvious. He hadn't started a SINGLE season since HS, and the one season he starts he plays with a team that went 18-0... gets 60 million, and we are supposed to buy that he's a legit QB in the NFL? I watch EVERY Chief game (since this is Chief country).. and yes, there were moments that make you see that he's absolutely an athlete. But generally speaking, you can see where he was purely a product of being surrounded by the NE patriots.

As far as believing that its a single organization that can't develop a QB, despite having MANY different coaching staffs, just doesn't make sense to me. It just shows you how hard it really is to draft a stud QB. Look at SF after Montana (yes, they had Young, but they didn't draft him). Look at Buffalo after Kelly. Look at Denver after Elway (whoops, we had ours).

Even teams that have had success of having a franchise QB, don't come by them often. So I, personally, don't think its the organization. But spending a lot of top choices on QBs can lead to a lot more opportunity for big-time busts.

As far as Quinn. I just haven't seen much from him that makes me have much hope. Could it be the coaching? Sure... it could. But realistically, we would still be able to SEE the potential. COaching or not.

CoachChaz
04-08-2010, 11:06 AM
Seriously? You are turning this into a "McD hatred" thread? Why? Thats ridiculous.

The reason most people aren't 'buying' into Cassel is pretty obvious. He hadn't started a SINGLE season since HS, and the one season he starts he plays with a team that went 18-0... gets 60 million, and we are supposed to buy that he's a legit QB in the NFL? I watch EVERY Chief game (since this is Chief country).. and yes, there were moments that make you see that he's absolutely an athlete. But generally speaking, you can see where he was purely a product of being surrounded by the NE patriots.

As far as believing that its a single organization that can't develop a QB, despite having MANY different coaching staffs, just doesn't make sense to me. It just shows you how hard it really is to draft a stud QB. Look at SF after Montana (yes, they had Young, but they didn't draft him). Look at Buffalo after Kelly. Look at Denver after Elway (whoops, we had ours).

Even teams that have had success of having a franchise QB, don't come by them often. So I, personally, don't think its the organization. But spending a lot of top choices on QBs can lead to a lot more opportunity for big-time busts.

As far as Quinn. I just haven't seen much from him that makes me have much hope. Could it be the coaching? Sure... it could. But realistically, we would still be able to SEE the potential. COaching or not.

I can completely buy into everything in this post. but sadly, the obvious hatred for players based on hatred for the coach runs rampant. You dont like McD, so maybe you dont see it, but trust me...those of us that are willing to give him more than a year to prove something see it all day long. Now in another thread, it's being said that Jason Campbell is a better option than Orton. It never ends and it gets boring. So, I have two choices...I can ignore it all, or I can comment on it. Being as though I'm an azzhole...far be it from me to ignore an opportunity to comment on it.

I dont think anyone will say Cassel or Quinn are the next coming saviours of the NFL, but to completely slam them based on very little exposure is a bit over the top. Maybe they end up being good player...maybe not. But One doesnt play for us and the other is an upgrade at the backup QB position with a very small price tag.

roomemp
04-08-2010, 11:08 AM
He made a Great QB look great with Great players, he made a mediocre/bad QB look mediocre/bad with great players, and he made a mediocre QB look mediocre with good players.

Big deal.

I just do not understand how 21 TD vs 11 Ints is mediocre ???????????

Not to go back to the well but Cutler in 2008 had 25 TD's and 18 Int's for a #2 ranked offense. #2 RANKED OFFENSE

Orangeblood
04-08-2010, 11:09 AM
I hated quinn before I knew who McDaniels was. I dont hate Orton, or Cassel. I just think that Orton has peaked, and isnt that good. I think Cassel's best years are behind him. KC can pay someone alot less to produce what Cassel produced last year.

I think the obvious point is that both Orton and Cassel are/were much better working with McD. I don't think Orton is "the man" or ever will be, but I think he is much better under McD and his system. He probably is close to peaking, but will probably do even a little better with a year of the system under his belt and continuing to work with Josh. To say that McD doesn't know shit about QBs is just crazy talk if you ask me. The fact is you guys just hate him bottom line and will say he has the opposite of the Midas touch no matter what the topic.

SOCALORADO.
04-08-2010, 11:09 AM

Dear TXBRONC,

You know damn well whats gonna happen.
QWInn will start week 1.
And he will continue to make Claymore feel gay.:shocked:

Not that theres anything wrong with that.

yardog
04-08-2010, 11:13 AM

:tsk:

claymore
04-08-2010, 11:36 AM
I just do not understand how 21 TD vs 11 Ints is mediocre ???????????

Not to go back to the well but Cutler in 2008 had 25 TD's and 18 Int's for a #2 ranked offense. #2 RANKED OFFENSE
Orton ranks 15-20th in almost ever statistical category. That is middle of the road. Mediocre. Not bad, not good.

I think the obvious point is that both Orton and Cassel are/were much better working with McD. I don't think Orton is "the man" or ever will be, but I think he is much better under McD and his system. He probably is close to peaking, but will probably do even a little better with a year of the system under his belt and continuing to work with Josh. To say that McD doesn't know shit about QBs is just crazy talk if you ask me. The fact is you guys just hate him bottom line and will say he has the opposite of the Midas touch no matter what the topic.Cassel's drop off have been attributed to the loss of the Patriots offense. Not McDaniels. I agree with that widely accepted assesment.

Orton is a little better with Denver. The jury is out on if that is because of McD or because of the offense having more weapons than Chicago did.

If we show progress this year it would help the Pro McD side of the argument.

Ravage!!!
04-08-2010, 12:06 PM
:tsk:

what are you shaking your head at me for? :shocked:

Ravage!!!
04-08-2010, 12:18 PM
I can completely buy into everything in this post. but sadly, the obvious hatred for players based on hatred for the coach runs rampant. You dont like McD, so maybe you dont see it, but trust me...those of us that are willing to give him more than a year to prove something see it all day long. Now in another thread, it's being said that Jason Campbell is a better option than Orton. It never ends and it gets boring. So, I have two choices...I can ignore it all, or I can comment on it. Being as though I'm an azzhole...far be it from me to ignore an opportunity to comment on it.

I dont think anyone will say Cassel or Quinn are the next coming saviours of the NFL, but to completely slam them based on very little exposure is a bit over the top. Maybe they end up being good player...maybe not. But One doesnt play for us and the other is an upgrade at the backup QB position with a very small price tag.

I don't know. I don't see 'hate' for any player because of McD. I see a dislike of having an 'Orton's talent' at QB. I remember when Plummer came to Denver. I was all for it, until after watching him a season. Then I had the same feelings about Jake as I do Orton.

Thats not a hate for the person, and certainly wasn't because of the coach. Its because I don't enjoy watching my team and seeing "Orton" behind center. Thats not enjoyable. Thats not something you brag about. Its not something you say " we always have a chance, because we have Orton."

Doesn't mean I don't root for the team, but I'm not going to simply blow smoke about Orton (like some posters do here) simply because he now wears Orange-n-blue. Same with Quinn. UNTIL he shows me he's something more than what I've seen of him so far, there is nothing to be hopeful about.... OTHER than having the hope that he MIGHT be better than the guy you have behind center. But until he shows something different..... eh.

But that doesn't have to do with the coach. I was PISSSED about trading Cutler away. Absolutely sickened by it, and I get just as TIRED of hearing all the lame, childish, immature, name calling I see around here. But, yet it goes on and its 'accepted' because its so cool to call him childish names. But that is in the past. I don't hate Orton, but I do hate that we have him as a starter. Its just hard to get excited about a football team led by Kyle Orton. I guess I just have to learn to love a different position, since I'm such a QB guy. I guess I have to learn to love....LT.... so that I don't care who's the QB of our team.

TXBRONC
04-08-2010, 12:22 PM
Dear TXBRONC,

You know damn well whats gonna happen.
QWInn will start week 1.
And he will continue to make Claymore feel gay.:shocked:

Not that theres anything wrong with that.

:lol: That's true there's nothing wrong with it.

Ravage!!!
04-08-2010, 12:24 PM

So you are saying that he was able to beat the lesser teams with a team that went 18-0 the previous season. K :elefant: :D

SOCALORADO.
04-08-2010, 12:49 PM
:lol: That's true there's nothing wrong with it.

Nope. Theres absolutely nothing wrong with Qwinn starting week 1.
Or that he makes Claymore moist.

yardog
04-08-2010, 12:57 PM
what are you shaking your head at me for? :shocked:

Not at you Ravage at this (whoops, we had ours). makes me sick to my stomach every time I think about it.

TXBRONC
04-08-2010, 01:55 PM
So you are saying that he was able to beat the lesser teams with a team that went 18-0 the previous season. K :elefant: :D

Yeah pretty much.

MileHighCrew
04-08-2010, 03:08 PM
MHC to Josh McDainels NOW PLAY QUINN

jlarsiii
04-08-2010, 03:39 PM

Well, I think you could make the argument that an organization mishandles their QBs over that time span if those players move on to other teams and do well. However, in Cleveland's case none of the guys they added have moved on to do anything for any other team. Therefore, it shows that those players have sucked. Cleveland just made the mistake of drafting them. It had nothing to do with the coaching from that perspective.

Lonestar
04-08-2010, 04:57 PM

Actually two of the games IIRC were loses to MIA the first one where they showed the "wild midget" formation for the first time and NE had no way to stop it in the first half by then IIRC the damage was done. IIRC Brady went down in that game also.

SO losing a couple of extra games in that division that year frankly was pretty good they did not lose most of them.

jlarsiii
04-08-2010, 05:04 PM
Actually two of the games IIRC were loses to MIA the first one where they showed the "wild midget" formation for the first time and NE had no way to stop it in the first half by then IIRC the damage was done. IIRC Brady went down in that game also.

SO losing a couple of extra games in that division that year frankly was pretty good they did not lose most of them.

The Chiefs took out Brady that season.

Lonestar
04-08-2010, 05:28 PM
The Chiefs took out Brady that season. Thanks, while I did not know for sure that last year got all jumbled up.

But the Fact was the wild thingy caused the first loss to MIA they simply could not figure it out till after half time and then it was to late.

rcsodak
04-08-2010, 08:16 PM
Orton ranks 15-20th in almost ever statistical category. That is middle of the road. Mediocre. Not bad, not good.
Cassel's drop off have been attributed to the loss of the Patriots offense. Not McDaniels. I agree with that widely accepted assesment.

Orton is a little better with Denver. The jury is out on if that is because of McD or because of the offense having more weapons than Chicago did.

If we show progress this year it would help the Pro McD side of the argument.

You're absolutely right, clay.

KC's personnel on the field were equal to that of the Pats, when Cassell qb'd. So it MUST be that he sux.

And as far as Chicago's goes, their personnel were BETTER under cutler. He actually had more than a TE and a rb to throw to. And yet, Orton had better stats. Go figure.

And NO amount of "progress" will shine favorably on McD, and you know it. It'll be "luck", "piss poor opponent", "missed call by the ref", just as it was last year.

You'd find fault in McD after a 19-0 season. :coffee:

rcsodak
04-08-2010, 08:19 PM

How'd the undefeated Miami Dolphins do, the following year? :coffee:

How'd Denver do, the year following Elway's retirement? :coffee:

Why do teams miss the playoffs the year after they partake in the SB? :coffee:

BigBroncLove
04-08-2010, 08:22 PM
How'd the undefeated Miami Dolphins do, the following year? :coffee:

How'd Denver do, the year following Elway's retirement? :coffee:

Why do teams miss the playoffs the year after they partake in the SB? :coffee:

By drinking to much coffee ;)

rcsodak
04-08-2010, 08:24 PM
By drinking to much coffee ;)

Nothing wrong with a little extra "stimulant". :beer:

BigBroncLove
04-08-2010, 08:26 PM

High five! very nice! We make a sexy time now... yes? (in borat voice)

Seriously though... I'll drink to that :beer: :salute:

Lancane
04-08-2010, 08:28 PM

Well, that is till you get the jitters and shit your pants...lol.

;)

getlynched47
04-08-2010, 09:39 PM
Told us to get Quinn....then went to the Chiefs.

Hmmmmmm....

More like, "go get Quinn so that us Chiefs can kick your ass if he's ever your starting quarterback. I know all of his weaknesses"

What a nice guy.

Lancane
04-08-2010, 09:54 PM
Told us to get Quinn....then went to the Chiefs.

Hmmmmmm....

More like, "go get Quinn so that us Chiefs can kick your ass if he's ever your starting quarterback. I know all of his weaknesses"

What a nice guy.

It was said before he was even offered the job with the Chiefs, so that is complete and utter horse crap! McDaniels called Weis last off-season when he was looking for a starting quarterback and asked about Quinn, that is likely when he originally said that. Wouldn't be the first time that last year's news was printed a year later. Just like the Shanahan and Marshall conflict, it happens sometimes... That issue came up a year later because Marshall might be traded, the reason it came up now is because we traded for Quinn.

And if every offense knew about the in and outs of players and teams, then we should have had San Diego's, New England's and Oakland's numbers last year and of those five contests we went 3-2, every win takes heady game planning to win and at times luck plays a factor... Like our first win against San Diego and the win against Cincinnati and yadda, yadda, yadda!

TXBRONC
04-08-2010, 10:00 PM

They actually spilt with Miami. True Miami beat them in week 3 of the '08 season in Foxboro but New England turned around and beat Miami later in the year in Miami.

Lonestar
04-08-2010, 10:13 PM
They actually spilt with Miami. True Miami beat them in week 3 of the '08 season in Foxboro but New England turned around and beat Miami later in the year in Miami.

Thanks for the info BUT IIRC they struggled defensively in the MIA game also and IIRC that was a WIN for cassell.

TXBRONC
04-08-2010, 10:37 PM
Thanks for the info BUT IIRC they struggled defensively in the MIA game also and IIRC that was a WIN for cassell.

I really don't know what you're trying to get at? Obviously Cassel was the starting quarterback in both games against the Dolphins. We all know that he started 15 out of 16 game in place of Brady.

Anyway my original point when I brought the Patriots 5 losses from the '08 season was that four those losses were at the hands of teams that made it to the playoffs that year.

Bosco
04-10-2010, 01:30 AM

I don't think it matters too much. McD was already high on Quinn and tried to acquire him during and after the Cutler saga. If Weis provided his stamp of approval, it was likely just further confirmation to Josh that he needed to make another push to acquire his "project" player.

Exactly. There is zero proof these guys know anything about a QB. Both have sucked ass minus Tom Brady. :hi5:

You really don't want to start this crap up again.

jhildebrand
04-11-2010, 11:55 PM
This is from ESPN": Broncos on the clock.

Very interesting, and I believe Weiss, who knows his way around QBs as we all know..........saw what I saw.........Quinn was being ruined by coaches who didnt know what they were doing with a QB.

It would sure be funny if Quinn ended up being a thorn in the Chefs side for years thanks to Weiss' recommendation.

We'll be sure and send him a card:

Thank you Charlie..........thank you very much.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/11817/video-on-the-clock-broncos

I have to agree with Shazam on this one. Quinn ran the New England style system at notre dame. He ran the same system under Mangina. He couldn't beat out DA in cleveland with the benefit of having played in it before. Why should we expect things to be different simply because he is in Denver?

Ravage!!!
04-12-2010, 10:24 AM
I have to agree with Shazam on this one. Quinn ran the New England style system at notre dame. He ran the same system under Mangina. He couldn't beat out DA in cleveland with the benefit of having played in it before. Why should we expect things to be different simply because he is in Denver?

I don't think he will. I think he sucks. I think most of the speculation is based on 'hope' that some kind of improvment is coming in at QB.

Bosco
04-12-2010, 12:36 PM

Brian Daboll was their OC. While he was the WR coach in New England, he was also the QB coach with the Jets and to me, the Browns offense looked more like a bastardized version of the that offense rather than New England/Notre Dame. Of course when you have no WR's, no TE's...etc, it's kinda hard to really implement a scheme.

I don't think he will. I think he sucks. I think most of the speculation is based on 'hope' that some kind of improvment is coming in at QB. We'll have to wait and see how he plays with some talented pro players before we can make any kind of judgment on him.

rcsodak
04-13-2010, 07:57 AM
Well, that is till you get the jitters and shit your pants...lol.

;)

Hey....why use the jitters as an excuse? :shocked:

rcsodak
04-13-2010, 08:01 AM

You might want to brush up on your <sarcasm> detecting. :rolleyes: