PDA

View Full Version : PFW Draft Tidbit on Broncos.

Requiem / The Dagda
04-17-2008, 12:57 AM
I am really concerned that the Broncos will be "stuck" at 12, i.e. there will not be an impact DL, LB or OT who is worth that pick. I know they want to trade down. Do you think Chicago, Detroit or Arizona would be willing to move up to get (RB Rashard) Mendenhall?

— Dennis Chandler

Dennis,

I would be surprised if Chicago or Arizona moved up. If anything, I think they would both like to move down. The Lions, on the other hand, never cease to surprise. Matt Millen has been known to make panicked, last-minute decisions on the fly. The Eagles may be the most likely to come up, as Andy Reid has shown a tendency to fall in love with players and aggressively move up to secure his target. If there is a run on offensive tackles, it would not be a surprise to see the Eagles move up.

Article Here (http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Draft+Extras/2008/qa041608.htm)

lex
04-17-2008, 01:15 AM
Its not really no more substantive than the stuff than what you see on message boards. Dennis Chandler clearly needs to stop wasting his time writing letters to experts that dont care about the Broncos and learn how to channel the Trade Down Fairy...thats what Dennis really needs to learn how to do.

Superchop 7
04-17-2008, 01:34 AM
Don't worry, the Bronco's will have offers at 12.

If they were in the top 5 I'd be worried, sitting at 12 we will be in the thick of things.

(and it won't be the Cowboys that call)

TXBRONC
04-17-2008, 07:17 AM
I don't think that being in the 12th spot in the draft means we wont find an impact player.

Ziggy
04-17-2008, 09:38 AM
I don't think that being in the 12th spot in the draft means we wont find an impact player.

I don't think being "stuck at 12" is a bad position to be in in this draft. I think it's about 15 deep as far as possible impact guys in the first round. How many years did the Broncos wish they were "stuck at 12" during the first round of the draft in the last decade? I think we're in a great position.