PDA

View Full Version : Karl Mecklenburg's Charity

pnbronco
04-16-2008, 06:58 PM
I talk to Tned and got permission to post some info on Karl Mecklenburg's Charity. I'm putting it in Bronco talk because I'm hoping that it will get more exposure this way. Karl was always active in working with youth charities. About 3 years ago he started his own because he wanted to work more with Denver youths. His mission is to provide educational opportunities and resources for children to excel in school and in life. This is a man who had to fight a lot to achieve what he has in life and just wants to give kids a chance.

This year the Charity (REACH) is the sponsor of the Denver Public School Reading Program. There are 92 schools involved with over 27,000 children. REACH only has a few corporate sponsors and with economy the way it is we have very little help in funding this great program. So on May 19, 2008 we are going to have REACH night at a local family restaurant called Mici from 5:30 - 9:00. It's at 1531 Stout Street, downtown Denver. A percentage of your meal will go to REACH. Plus we have some amazing items for our silent auction including a autograph Champ Bailey Jersey, a autographed, game used hockey stick from Joe Sakic and Adam Foote and Karl is working on a pretty special package to a Bronco game. I can not say enough wonderful things about Karl and how he is trying to make a difference in our community. He will also have a golf tournament at Green Valley Ranch on June 30th. So please feel free to pm me if you have any questions and I will do my best to answer them. If you are in the area I hope you can come on down, meet Karl and find out what he is trying to do.

r8rh8r
04-17-2008, 11:58 AM
If I lived in Denver, I'd definitely be there. Good luck.

pnbronco
04-18-2008, 10:18 AM
If I lived in Denver, I'd definitely be there. Good luck.

Thank you for your kind words r8. I wish you lived here too. I guess I should have said earlier that Meck charity is run 100 % by volunteers so every dollar raised goes to a program. Plus he has worked so much himself. I think it says a lot in this day and age for a man to work so hard for free because he believes in the children of our community.

underrated29
04-18-2008, 11:32 AM
dang, i am pretty sure i will be out of townthat week. If not, we will definitley show up.

pnbronco
04-20-2008, 01:23 AM
dang, i am pretty sure i will be out of town that week. If not, we will definitley show up.

Thanks UR I hope you can.

Medford Bronco
04-24-2008, 08:13 AM
I talk to Tned and got permission to post some info on Karl Mecklenburg's Charity. I'm putting it in Bronco talk because I'm hoping that it will get more exposure this way. Karl was always active in working with youth charities. About 3 years ago he started his own because he wanted to work more with Denver youths. His mission is to provide educational opportunities and resources for children to excel in school and in life. This is a man who had to fight a lot to achieve what he has in life and just wants to give kids a chance.

This year the Charity (REACH) is the sponsor of the Denver Public School Reading Program. There are 92 schools involved with over 27,000 children. REACH only has a few corporate sponsors and with economy the way it is we have very little help in funding this great program. So on May 19, 2008 we are going to have REACH night at a local family restaurant called Mici from 5:30 - 9:00. It's at 1531 Stout Street, downtown Denver. A percentage of your meal will go to REACH. Plus we have some amazing items for our silent auction including a autograph Champ Bailey Jersey, a autographed, game used hockey stick from Joe Sakic and Adam Foote and Karl is working on a pretty special package to a Bronco game. I can not say enough wonderful things about Karl and how he is trying to make a difference in our community. He will also have a golf tournament at Green Valley Ranch on June 30th. So please feel free to pm me if you have any questions and I will do my best to answer them. If you are in the area I hope you can come on down, meet Karl and find out what he is trying to do.

This sounds like a great charity that Mr. Meclenberg is doing to help kids.

Great work Karl. I knew you were classy and I am not suprised at this.

I hope all the Broncomaniacs in Denver can support this:salute:

underrated29
04-25-2008, 04:59 PM
Hey people, dont let this thread get lost with the excitement of robertson and the draft tomorrow. Please if you are local, go check it out.

Kids need all the help they can get in this world and a little bit of your time

(after the draft and hockey games) would really be worth it. Go get a cheap meal and help a bunch of kids out at the same time.

PS- keep this thread alive tomorrow during the draft, I will be out of town and cant, but there figures to be a lot of people on here and the more that just see the title the better.

Go broncos, Go avs!, Go chairty for kids:beer::beer:

pnbronco
05-13-2008, 10:21 AM
Thank you UR for your really kind post. The dinner is next Monday night. I really hope many of you can make it. Again 100 % of the proceeds goes to fund the Denver Public School Reading Program. There is a rewards banquet at the end of the month to honor the top reader from each of the 92 different schools participating. We had 27,000 kids involved this year and hope to expand next year with your help....

Meck77
05-15-2008, 05:30 AM
Sounds like you work pretty closely with Karl. I'd be willing to pitch in OrangeForceOne to any future charity events Karl does. I'm up in the mountains now and can't get her moving by the 19th but maybe next time. I've met Karl a number of times but I don't believe he's been on the bus. We've done other charity events and kids love jumping around and tossing the orange/blue pillows.

The June 30th tourney is doable as that is pretty close to where she's stored.

Medford Bronco
05-15-2008, 05:16 PM
I hope the dinner goes well for you Pn as this is a great cause.

Meck was a classy Bronco through and through :beer: :cheers:

champbronc2
05-18-2008, 08:33 AM
I wish I could've gone, but being all the way in Ohio, it'd be a tough job haha

pnbronco
05-19-2008, 03:00 PM
A big thanks to everyone that has shown support. The dinner is tonight and remember no fee to get in. I'm hoping we will have a great night and I'll pictures to share later...pn

Medford Bronco
05-19-2008, 03:04 PM
A big thanks to everyone that has shown support. The dinner is tonight and remember no fee to get in. I'm hoping we will have a great night and I'll pictures to share later...pn

I hope you have a successful dinner PN. :salute::beer:

if I were in Denver I would attend, but I am kinda far away right now;)

pnbronco
06-01-2008, 12:34 AM
It's been such a crazy couple of weeks. The dinner went really well. You can see some of the pictures here...http://karlmecklenburg.net/mecklenburg_micis_2008.php

Today we had the awards dinner for the top readers at Invesco. It was something really special, I can't even put into words the feeling I got seeing the pride in the children's eyes and their families.

pnbronco
06-14-2008, 06:02 PM
Just thought I would share some pictures with you from the Top Reader Rewards Banquet, it was pretty darn amazing. Karl is such a wonderful man.

http://karlmecklenburg.net/banquet_2008.php

There are a few here and then a link to a the whole event posted on photobucket at the bottom of the page.

Also we have a few 4-somes left for our golf tournament June 30 at Green Valley. Karl got Kevin Greene, Steve Foley, Tyrone Braxton and Ed McCaffrey to name a few to come. So you can pm me if you need anymore information or go to the home page of the karlmecklenburg.net to get info or register on line.

Tned thank you so much for giving me permission to share these events with our posters. I hope you have a chance to look at the pictures.

underrated29
06-14-2008, 08:40 PM
aaah thats the mondy you were talking about thne. Shoot, doestn look to good for me to make it as mondays are the worst days of the woeek for me.

But I would aslo like to encourage everyone to try to ake it for Pn, the people and for me. Because i am a losr and cant get off work.

Thankd s for the pics PN-!!

Please keep us up to date about everythign else. I promise i will make it to oen f therse for sure.:salute::salute:

pnbronco
06-14-2008, 11:48 PM
UR you are such a great guy. Thank you so much for all your support. You can have my # 5 spot, but I would really think you would like that #6...:D

I'm glad you like the pictures, they did say a 1000 words.

pnbronco
11-15-2008, 11:36 AM
Just thought I would let you know that Karl is having a Fund Raiser:

Silent Auction/ Raffle Fundraiser
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Texas de Brazil, Northfield Stapleton - 8390 Northfield Blvd., Denver, CO 80238
6:00 - 8:00 PM complimentary appetizers, wine, beer

They is no cover charge, but they ask that you please RSVP at 303-302-7885. All processed will got to the DPS Reading Program. They many great items in the raffle and silent auction including a Autographed Champ Bailey Jersey and a Autographed Brandon Marshall Jersey in the Raffle. I will be on the road driving from WA so I will not be able to answer any question till Monday afternoon. Thanks Tned for giving me permission to post this.

pnbronco
03-03-2010, 04:39 PM
I know it last minute but I seem to get slower the older I get.... All profits go to the DPS Reading Program, we are the sole sponsor of this program, it's a great cause.

I think there are a few spots left. The reason I'm posting this is that I have been able to put together some great raffle items and some pretty cool silents auctions items. So please feel free to stop by, plus I'm wearing a dress, it's really rare thing these days.....:D

Sorry about missing the date....it's Thurs, March 4, 2010...tomorrow night, see what I mean about getting old....:D

Event Information

Comedy Works at Landmark Village
5345 Landmark Place
Greenwood Village
6:00 pm Player Check-In
6:30 pm Tournament Starts
$1,000 Full Table Sponsorship (seating for 10 or 9 with Broncos alumni)
$600 Half Table
$150 Single Entry

Non-players Welcome!

Silent Auction and Prize Drawing throughout the evening.

To Go All In Please Contact: Pam Krotchko pkrotchko@karlmecklenburg.net, 303-548-2406

All proceeds benefit the REACH For a Book program which runs throughout the school year and encourages reading as a habit outside of the classroom.

underrated29
03-03-2010, 04:47 PM
I will spread the word to my friends..... Do you need any help running it or anything? Not sure If I am even free to do so, but offering to help if I am, if you need me.

pnbronco
03-03-2010, 06:06 PM
I will spread the word to my friends..... Do you need any help running it or anything? Not sure If I am even free to do so, but offering to help if I am, if you need me.

Thanks UR for pointing out the missing info. Please stop by tomorrow if you can. After 5:00 would be fine, we will have several tables set up with different things like the silent auction and raffle and Karl will have his book there. I have things signed by Avs and Broncos, you know me.....:D