PDA

View Full Version : Which way are you leaning right now?

BOSSHOGG30
04-16-2008, 12:03 PM
Draft day is approaching.... I'm interested to know which way you want Denver to go right now. Please vote

Also: If you vote other please post the person you would want if we can't trade down, I know a lot of people want to trade back, but it is hard to do and it would be interesting to see which way you are leaning as far as position and player goes.

BOSSHOGG30
04-16-2008, 12:08 PM
I think everyone knows by now my vote is Jonathan Stewart with Rashard Mendenhall, Chris Williams, and Branden Alberts a close second.

Requiem / The Dagda
04-16-2008, 12:09 PM
I'd prefer a trade down to try and grab anyone up there; besides Balmer. I'd be fine with most of those guys at #12 (outside Balmer, Otah too high too, IMHO) but yes.

underrated29
04-16-2008, 12:09 PM
I SAy trade down a few spots and then take stewart if still there. From what i have heard Det isnt going to be taking a 1st rd RB, so we might just see stewie make it to us inthe teens, if not balmer.

BOSSHOGG30
04-16-2008, 12:10 PM
I'd prefer a trade down to try and grab anyone up there; besides Balmer. I'd be fine with most of those guys at #12 (outside Balmer, Otah too high too, IMHO) but yes.

I was going to put trade down, but I think most people would like that, I just don't see too many options were we can find that trade partner to do so. I'm glad you mentioned that you would like to grab one of the guys I have listed, but you just feel it would be a reach at 12... that clears things up a lot.

studbucket
04-16-2008, 12:11 PM

I SAy trade down a few spots and then take stewart if still there. From what i have heard Det isnt going to be taking a 1st rd RB, so we might just see stewie make it to us inthe teens, if not balmer.

Pretty much the same feeling as these guys. Trade down a few spots, pick up some later round picks and get better bang for our buck, which is a big deal considering the ridiculous rookie deals being signed now.

MHCBill
04-16-2008, 12:47 PM
JSTEW nuff said.

Fan in Exile
04-16-2008, 12:51 PM
I went Brandon Albert I think with the versitility he's shown that would help us wherever the problem is on the o-line that we end up having this year.

BOSSHOGG30
04-16-2008, 01:09 PM
The draft is still 10 days away, pray that we can all make it

lex
04-16-2008, 01:11 PM
JSTEW nuff said.

Id rather stay away from that with Yom Kippur and everything.

mclark
04-16-2008, 01:23 PM
Chris Williams, Brandon Albert or Ryan Clady.

But I won't scream if we draft Jonathan Stewart.

yardog
04-16-2008, 01:31 PM
Jonathan Stewart.

Ziggy
04-16-2008, 02:34 PM
If we stay at 12, Chris Williams. If we trade up, DT. If we trade down, OT or RB.

Flatinum
04-16-2008, 02:40 PM
Albert, Williams or Clady.

Go RB later.

Buff
04-16-2008, 03:31 PM
It's still a little depressing that Ellis and Dorsey are out of our range... Because either of those guys would be ideal. We desperately need help at DT. But Balmer is not a guy worth reaching on.

Thus, I have us taking the best available LT... With the rise of Albert, I could see Clady potentially sliding to 12. I think he'd be the best fit with the zone system, though Williams could fit that mold as well. The only problem I see with Clady is I've heard a couple scouts/"experts" saying he's probably a couple years away from reaching his full potential--- I think Clady probably has the bigger upside, and Williams is more polished and ready to plug in right now...

I'd be happy with either of those picks. I can see the justification in Mendenhall or Stewart, but I think we have too many other needs THIS year and I'd rather address those and take my chances with Henry/Young/Hall (plus, who knows, maybe Mike Bell gets motivated and works himself out of the doghouse)... Plus, I think Mendenhall has better value at #12, but Stewart would fit our current needs better.

LRtagger
04-16-2008, 03:41 PM
Beefstew

Buff
04-16-2008, 03:54 PM
Beefstew

We're looking for football players, not fairies... :tsk:

atwater27
04-17-2008, 11:17 AM
Why in God's name wasn't trading down an option???
Trade down and select Balmer.

BOSSHOGG30
04-17-2008, 11:23 AM

Other?

And please read the first post in this thread

atwater27
04-17-2008, 11:23 AM
Other?

And please read the first post in this thread

Just weird because that is the best option.

honz
04-17-2008, 11:31 AM
Stewart, Mendenhall, Williams, Albert. I would be pretty happy with any of those guys.

BOSSHOGG30
04-17-2008, 11:36 AM

It is also hard to trade back... many teams are wanting to do so. the purpose of this thread is to see who everyone wants a 12 or if they want to trade up because it is a lot easier to trade up, especially this year than it is to trade down.

BOSSHOGG30
04-17-2008, 11:37 AM
Stewart, Mendenhall, Williams, Albert. I would be pretty happy with any of those guys.

Me and you are seeing eye to eye. :beer:

atwater27
04-17-2008, 11:41 AM
It is also hard to trade back... many teams are wanting to do so. the purpose of this thread is to see who everyone wants a 12 or if they want to trade up because it is a lot easier to trade up, especially this year than it is to trade down.

SO it was a fixed thread to elicit a predetermined response?:D

tubby
04-17-2008, 11:43 AM
Other.

Todd Blythe!!!

lex
04-17-2008, 11:48 AM

Put the crack pipe down.

atwater27
04-17-2008, 11:56 AM
Put the crack pipe down.

shut the hell up.

Buff
04-17-2008, 12:04 PM
Other.

Todd Blythe!!!

The day we pick a white WR from Iowa State in the first round is the day I become a Raiders fan.
:tsk:

Though after seeing him kill the Buffs for the last 3 years, I've gotta say, the kids got talent...

tubby
04-17-2008, 12:33 PM
The day we pick a white WR from Iowa State in the first round is the day I become a Raiders fan.
:tsk:

Though after seeing him kill the Buffs for the last 3 years, I've gotta say, the kids got talent...

The thread title and pole question don't say anything about the first round.

Blythe rules!!

honz
04-17-2008, 12:47 PM
Other.

Todd Blythe!!!
He must have a ginormous upside!:eek:

Slick
04-17-2008, 12:51 PM
I voted Williams, but I couldn't complain if any OT or Mendenhall or Stewart either.

Even if we get Robertson, I'd like to see a DT in the 2nd. Laws or Balmer if they fall to us.

Still on the Owen Schmitt bandwagon too, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

BOSSHOGG30
04-17-2008, 12:52 PM
I voted Williams, but I couldn't complain if any OT or Mendenhall or Stewart either.

Even if we get Robertson, I'd like to see a DT in the 2nd. Laws or Balmer if they fall to us.

Still on the Owen Schmitt bandwagon too, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

Imagine Schmitt blocking for Stewart or Mendenhall in our system!:D:beer:

Slick
04-17-2008, 01:00 PM
Imagine Schmitt blocking for Stewart or Mendenhall in our system!:D:beer:

No doubt, and I bet he could hold up a blitzing LBer better than Sapp has shown us. I see that pick as a win win. Good for the running game and helping Cutler stay on his feet.

Goalline offense too. I read somewhere that Schmitt had ZERO rushes for a loss last year.

The one good thing about our situation is we can go in a few directions that should help this team immensely if we don't find a trading partner in the first.

Buff
04-17-2008, 01:23 PM
Fullbacks in today's NFL are about as useless as an a$$hole on your elbow.

BOSSHOGG30
04-17-2008, 01:31 PM

Yeah, ok

I'm sure if you ask Tomlinson if Neal did anything for him or ask Peterons if Richardson makes a difference. Both guys happen to be the top rushers in the NFL.

Slick
04-17-2008, 01:38 PM
Denver's fullbacks in today's NFL are about as useless as an a$$hole on your elbow.

Buff, you had a typo.

lex
04-17-2008, 01:40 PM

Wait until you get busted and go to prison. Im pretty sure you'll want your a$$hole on your elbow.

Buff
04-17-2008, 02:48 PM
Yeah, ok

I'm sure if you ask Tomlinson if Neal did anything for him or ask Peterons if Richardson makes a difference. Both guys happen to be the top rushers in the NFL.

Well, we saw how much the Chargers value Neal nowadays by cutting him... And we saw how much the Vikings valued Richardson by not resigning him...

Don't get me wrong, I'm all about a power running attack, but in today's pass-happy NFL, with the elaborate offensive H-Back schemes, the true FB just doesn't have the value it once did...

Scarface
04-18-2008, 08:55 AM

Trading down so we can select a DT that's not going to be any good?!

Scarface
04-18-2008, 08:57 AM
Chris Williams, Brandon Albert or Ryan Clady.

But I won't scream if we draft Jonathan Stewart.

Those guys plus Mendenhall for me. I think it just depends on how the staff truly feels about Harris or Kuper at LT.

atwater27
04-18-2008, 01:22 PM
Trading down so we can select a DT that's not going to be any good?!

Trading down and selecting the best available option will work too, scar. Just as long as we get a second or 3rd in the mix.
And you might want to adjust your crystal ball on Balmer.

Retired_Member_001
04-18-2008, 03:19 PM
My hope is that a good player falls so that we can trade down a few spots (not many) with the team that wants the good player and then take Jonathan Stewart. I would be happy with taking him at #12 but I think the toe injury will drop him a few places.

My second option would be selectic Ryan Clady with the #12 pick.

BOSSHOGG30
04-18-2008, 03:42 PM
I want Stewart, but I think it is pretty obvious Denver will go OT in the draft and likely in the 1st round. We only have two true tackles, Erik Pears and Ryan Harris.

underrated29
04-18-2008, 04:19 PM
I want Stewart, but I think it is pretty obvious Denver will go OT in the draft and likely in the 1st round. We only have two true tackles, Erik Pears and Ryan Harris.

YOU THINk so? I mean i certainly see albert and willams at the top of their lists, but is the drop off that severe from those guys to baker or clady/otah if somehow they fell 20 spots? I have studied this guys like you have, but i just dont see the drop that big. I think we go OT/OL in the 2nd or 3rd (trade in to 3rd). Take RB or DT in the first.

*edit* i meant to say I have NOT studied these guys like some of you have so i may be mistaken

Retired_Member_001
04-18-2008, 04:38 PM

Yeah I agree.

Erik Pears is so bad he shouldn't even be allowed to be called a Tackle and Ryan Harris is completely unrpoven. If we can get Clady, we'll take him in my opinion.

broncohead
04-19-2008, 08:42 PM
Yeah I agree.

Erik Pears is so bad he shouldn't even be allowed to be called a Tackle and Ryan Harris is completely unrpoven. If we can get Clady, we'll take him in my opinion.

Clady is also unproven. For some reason I don't want us to draft an OT in the first this year unless we trade back. I wouldn't mind Gosder Cherilus. Trade our 2nd and Foxworth to to the end of the 1st beggining of the 2nd. Stewart or Mendenhall in the first. I believe that would be better value.

TXBRONC
04-19-2008, 09:34 PM
Branden Alberts would be my first choice however, I wouldn't a problem with getting any of those other guys. The only for sure that I would be a reach at 12 is Balmer. And if could trade down and get him that would be fine with me.

underrated29
04-19-2008, 09:56 PM
I think shannys draft board looks something like

dorsey
albert
ellis
long
gohlston
dmac
stewart
willimas
mendenhall
rivers

Not that that is an original idea that no one else had any clue about, but hey i thought i post it.

BOSSHOGG30
04-19-2008, 10:09 PM
Shanahan's Draft Board looks something like this

Broncos needs:
Darren McFadden - needs money for his children
Ryan Clady - needs help learning to read and count past ten
Malcolm Kelly - I believe you can run a 4.4 Malcolm
Carl Nicks - Denver offers great anger management classes
Mario Manningham - They don't call us Rocky mountain high for nothing!

TXBRONC
04-19-2008, 10:56 PM
Shanahan's Draft Board looks something like this

Broncos needs:
Darren McFadden - needs money for his children
Ryan Clady - needs help learning to read and count past ten
Malcolm Kelly - I believe you can run a 4.4 Malcolm
Carl Nicks - Denver offers great anger management classes
Mario Manningham - They don't call us Rocky mountain high for nothing!

That's clever. :laugh:

Lonestar
04-19-2008, 11:15 PM
DT but both the good ones should be gone, OLT not clady under any circumstances, RB Stewart in that order, maybe mendenhall, but certainly not mcfadden should he fall...

Ziggy
04-20-2008, 01:53 PM
DT but both the good ones should be gone, OLT not clady under any circumstances, RB Stewart in that order, maybe mendenhall, but certainly not mcfadden should he fall...

If McFadden falls to 12, we'll have trade offers coming out the ying-yang. Something tells me Jerry Jones would throw both of his firsts our way for a shot at McFadden.

lex
04-20-2008, 02:02 PM
If McFadden falls to 12, we'll have trade offers coming out the ying-yang. Something tells me Jerry Jones would throw both of his firsts our way for a shot at McFadden.

Not necessarily. Not according to what Schefter was saying this week.

BOSSHOGG30
04-20-2008, 02:08 PM

lol... if McFadden fall to 12... which ain't happening.... Guess who we are drafting........McFadden