PDA

View Full Version : The Cricket season has started.

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
04-16-2008, 10:18 AM
Already :eek:

Lancashire's game got delay due to rain, hope it isn't a sign to come yet again this season. Hopefully Lancs will finally win the county championship, 26 runs short last year. Hopefully we'll win the 20/20 as well instead of bottling it again on finals day.

Anyone else even arsed? :D

BroncoJoe
04-16-2008, 10:23 AM
I don't get the game of Cricket. Isn't it kind of like baseball?

Den21vsBal19
04-16-2008, 03:08 PM
I guess you'd say I'm a Worcester fan, although I don't watch cricket like I used since it virtually all went to Sky :tsk:

I've enjoyed many an afternoon at the 'good' Old Trafford though ;), normally with a fair amount of :beer:

Favourite memory has to be the Test when Dickie Bird went mad about the sun reflecting off the B&Q greenhouses :lol:

NightTrainLayne
04-16-2008, 03:20 PM
One of my best buddies from College was from India.

He told me how he cut class in high school to go watch a Cricket game on television, and got in a lot of trouble for it.

All I could say was, "Man, those British ******** really f-ed up your country didn't they?" :D

Den21vsBal19
04-16-2008, 03:38 PM
I don't get the game of Cricket. Isn't it kind of like baseball?

You have two sides one out in the field and one in.

Each man that's in the side that goes in goes out and when he's out he come in and the next man goes in until he's out.

When they are all out the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in out.

When both sides have been in and out including not outs, that's the end of the game.

HOWZAT!

One of my best buddies from College was from India.

He told me how he cut class in high school to go watch a Cricket game on television, and got in a lot of trouble for it.

All I could say was, "Man, those British ******** really f-ed up your country didn't they?" :D

We did our best ;)

Not just India, but Sri Lanka & Pakistan as well, they really are fanatical about the game

Broncospsycho77
04-16-2008, 03:44 PM

Each man that's in the side that goes in goes out and when he's out he come in and the next man goes in until he's out.

When they are all out the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in out.

When both sides have been in and out including not outs, that's the end of the game.

HOWZAT!

So... is it like baseball?

BroncoJoe
04-16-2008, 03:46 PM

HOWZAT!

Huh? :confused:

Broncospsycho77
04-16-2008, 03:51 PM
Huh? :confused:

I'm starting to think that cricket doesn't actually exist.

I think that it's just an inside joke for foreigners to mock Americans when we say "Did you catch the Cubs game last night?" Therefore, cricket doesn't actually exist. Next mystery :salute:

But, seriously, are games/matches really like days long in cricket?

Den21vsBal19
04-16-2008, 04:13 PM

I think that it's just an inside joke for foreigners to mock Americans when we say "Did you catch the Cubs game last night?" Therefore, cricket doesn't actually exist. Next mystery :salute:

But, seriously, are games/matches really like days long in cricket?

It's a grand old game, and you can't beat a summer's afternoon in the sun with a cold beer or five, very relaxing :D

Currently, there's 4 forms of the game played..........

20/20 ~ The latest incarnation, both sides face a maximum of 20 overs (120 balls), played with coloured kits, rock music and sometimes under floodlights. Games last around 3 hours.

Limited Overs ~ Can be 45/50/60 overs, lasting anything upto 8 hours. Not as much razzamatazz as the 20/20

4 day ~ Unlimited overs, two innings of 10 wickets a piece, played at a domestic level, the bread & butter of the game

Test Cricket ~ The DADDY!!!!! Played at international level, similar rules to the 4 day game, but with an extra day's play. Regs call for 90 overs to be bowled a day.

Hope that helps ;)

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
04-16-2008, 05:26 PM

You're on to us. Keep it quiet though ;)

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
04-16-2008, 05:32 PM
It's a grand old game, and you can't beat a summer's afternoon in the sun with a cold beer or five, very relaxing :D

Currently, there's 4 forms of the game played..........

20/20 ~ The latest incarnation, both sides face a maximum of 20 overs (120 balls), played with coloured kits, rock music and sometimes under floodlights. Games last around 3 hours.

Limited Overs ~ Can be 45/50/60 overs, lasting anything upto 8 hours. Not as much razzamatazz as the 20/20

4 day ~ Unlimited overs, two innings of 10 wickets a piece, played at a domestic level, the bread & butter of the game

Test Cricket ~ The DADDY!!!!! Played at international level, similar rules to the 4 day game, but with an extra day's play. Regs call for 90 overs to be bowled a day.

Hope that helps ;)

Why Worcs? I've only been to a couple of Test days and one dayers, 20/20 is the one I love (Johnny Come Lately I know). I go to most of Lancys home 20/20 games and went to Edgbaston last year for the finals day although I was back in a pub in Manchester before the end of the second semi after Lancy didn't turn up in the first.

Shame you can't take beer in anymore though. :mad:

Den21vsBal19
04-16-2008, 06:07 PM
I lived in Hereford for a few years in the 80's, they used to have a damned good team, Dilley, Rhodes, Hick, Botham................

The Family's from Cheshire though, so many was the afternoon in the summer me & me grandad would grab the train up to OT for an afternoon's play :D

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
06-20-2008, 01:07 PM
Lancs v Yorks in the 20/20. First time I've missed this game in 5 years or so :(

Yorks 135/8

Lancs to bat.

Come on Lancs :clap2:

Den21vsBal19
06-20-2008, 03:19 PM
I see Graeme Hick set a new world record yesterday, playing in his 1,196th first class game...................scoring a trademark, boundary ridden 63 off forty some balls..........

Dude's been playing over twenty years!!!!!!

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
06-20-2008, 05:09 PM
Lancs got beat :mad: