PDA

View Full Version : Jamal Williams is the MAN!

dogfish
04-06-2010, 02:46 PM
Jamal Williams readies for new side in AFC West rivalry
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on April 6, 2010 2:30 PM ET

Donovan McNabb isn't the only franchise great set to take on his old team twice a year.

New Broncos nose tackle Jamal Williams met with the Denver media for the first time Tuesday, and was careful not to say anything negative about the Chargers.

According to Lindsey Jones of the Denver Post, he wouldn't even say the team name, calling San Diego "that other team."

We'll take this approach over LaDainian Tomlinson's public gripes. Williams hasn't wasted any time trash talking some of his old friends individually, though.

Williams says he texts back and forth with Philip Rivers plenty.

"We're an hour ahead here, so I wake up and text him and say, 'I'm an hour better than you young man. You don't have that red jersey on during practice now,'" Williams said.

http://football.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ&sdn=football&zu=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.profootballtalk.com%2Frumormil l.htm

:werd:

WARHORSE
04-06-2010, 02:48 PM
.......and I plan on dumpin you on that forehead you got growing there.:D

broncofaninfla
04-06-2010, 03:07 PM
This could very well be the most important addition to our team this year. One for the impact he can have for our defense and two we don't have to face him twice a year, the Chargers do.....

BigBroncLove
04-06-2010, 03:48 PM
I was just about to post this. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside reading it :beer:

sanluis
04-06-2010, 04:17 PM
Enjoy... he was a great player. And will always be one of my favorite Chargers

Even if he is only 80 % you will have a big upgrade.... damn it! :mad:

( Make sure to let him sit out most of practice to save his knees. )

NorthernLights
04-06-2010, 05:08 PM

I agree 100%. He is a total stud and will make the Broncos a better team. AJ Smith tries to let guys go a year early rather than a year late (er, except for LT).

Lonestar
04-06-2010, 06:00 PM
looks more like he is about 18 years old what a baby face.

I noticed that he was breathing heavy during the presser.

Ravage!!!
04-06-2010, 06:19 PM

can't.. then people say he is quitting on team

turftoad
04-06-2010, 06:59 PM
looks more like he is about 18 years old what a baby face.

I noticed that he was breathing heavy during the presser.

Thats cuz he's old fat and out of shape. I don't think he's got much left. I loved the the guy when he was in his prime. He was a beast but his best days are behind him by far.

horsepig
04-06-2010, 07:54 PM
We'll see. I hope you're wrong.

sanluis
04-07-2010, 12:48 PM
can't.. then people say he is quitting on team

You will have to rest him or he wont make it out of camp. No way he can do all the two a days IMO.

If he is handled right Denver could get some good snaps out of him.

dogfish
04-07-2010, 01:14 PM
You will have to rest him or he wont make it out of camp. No way he can do all the two a days IMO.

If he is handled right Denver could get some good snaps out of him.

what's up sanluis?

i'm sure our coaching staff understands that-- remember, your old D-line coach wayne nunnelly is coaching our DL now, and he's obviously familiar with JWall. . .

i know it must be tough for you guys to see him playing in denver-- i would probably preferred poking my own eyes out to seeing somebody like rod smith or al wilson put on that ugly sparkler blue. . .

given that ron fields was actually pretty effective early in the year when he was fresh, i'm assuming that we'll have a pretty heavy rotation at nosetackle. . . it was also reported when we signed him that justin bannon played some snaps at nose in baltimore and is comfortable with the position. . . and chris baker is a young widebody who has potential at the position. . .

i doubt jamal can be effective more than 20-25 snaps per game, and i doubt we ask more than that of him. . . we aren't thin there, either literally or figuratively. . .

Ziggy
04-07-2010, 06:53 PM
Thats cuz he's old fat and out of shape. I don't think he's got much left. I loved the the guy when he was in his prime. He was a beast but his best days are behind him by far.

Yeah, and the fact that he came in at 334, which is 15 pounds below his weight of the last 4 or 5 years says differently. As Sanluis said, even if he's at 80% of his old self, he's a major upgrade for us. I think that he'll be a beast this season, at least on 1st and 2nd down.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-07-2010, 08:20 PM
Hope he gets his fat ass in the backfield and crushes phillis.

Shazam!
04-07-2010, 08:53 PM
Say what you will about him. He's the best lineman in Denver since the 1990s.

turftoad
04-08-2010, 11:12 AM
Yeah, and the fact that he came in at 334, which is 15 pounds below his weight of the last 4 or 5 years says differently. As Sanluis said, even if he's at 80% of his old self, he's a major upgrade for us. I think that he'll be a beast this season, at least on 1st and 2nd down.

He's still old, fat and out of shape.

That said, i'm sure we brought him is as a sitch rotation player and thats fine by me.