PDA

View Full Version : New Orleans @ Denver...September 21st

SmilinAssasSin27
04-15-2008, 10:15 PM
This has been declared the Orange Mane weekend. For those who don't know, this is the big get together/tailgate for the Orange Mane board and the attendee list will be huge. For me, it's between this and the Tampa game on the 5th of October, but I defer to my fellow travelers.

Anyone planning to go?

Davii
04-15-2008, 10:17 PM
As a resident of New Orleans for the past three years I hope to be able to go. We'll see how many of my buddies I can goad into coming to Denver to meet me and watch Drew lose in Denver yet again.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-16-2008, 08:53 PM
My flight is booked for this one. ibleedorangeandblue as well as 4life79 from the Mane will be flying out w/ me. Can't wait!

BOSSHOGG30
04-17-2008, 01:13 PM
Reggie Bush vs. Jonathan Stewart... Not a bad game at all

I Bleed Orange and Blue
04-17-2008, 05:28 PM
hopefully this is a good game since smilinassassin is making me be at the airport thats over an hour away at 5 am........lol

SmilinAssasSin27
04-17-2008, 07:33 PM
I think you'll manage

Sassy
05-08-2008, 05:37 AM
Hogan and I are in as usual for this one!

missingnumber7
05-08-2008, 02:25 PM
Hogan and I are in as usual for this one!

Who is this Hogan you speak of:confused:

Sassy
05-08-2008, 05:15 PM
Who is this Hogan you speak of:confused:

Missing...you can be such a brat! ...

:confused: H is some guy who shares a room with me on Bronco trips :D
(and he's ok with me marrying John Lynch.)

I Bleed Orange and Blue
05-08-2008, 05:52 PM
wow lots of orangemane offspring here...... wonder when tj is going to get that up and running again

BCJ
05-09-2008, 07:38 PM
I noticed the Red Lion named has officially changed on some of the travel sites. I dont see the prepay $109 price so I wonder how Lynchmob is going to work this one out on our barter. Havent heard from him since the Mane went down. No late night showings at my office....NOTHING! So, hopefully he will find us here. Welcome newbies! I have been waiting for you.

Sassy
05-09-2008, 07:52 PM
Hey John!
Prepay? We had it where we can cancel with only a 24 hour notice for $109.

BCJ
05-09-2008, 07:54 PM
Hey John!
Prepay? We had it where we can cancel with only a 24 hour notice for $109.

Yes, because you were a smart cookie. All I know is I let Adam deal with it so I hope he knows that Knights Inn is not an option for me! I saw Black Knight and I know how they slept at "Inns" or guest quarters. I believe they are into vintage and use the same techniques as they did 1000 years ago.

Sassy
05-09-2008, 07:58 PM
Well, let's hope the renovations are done by Sept! I guess they are supposed to be...with the heating/ac being priority!
Where is Lynchmob anyway?

You joined in November?

Sassy
05-09-2008, 08:06 PM
hotel VQ
DOWNTOWN DENVER

Welcome to hotel VQ at Mile High. We are located 1/2 mile from Denver Downtown and just steps from Invesco Field, home to the Denver Broncos. hotel VQ at Mile High is your gateway to all Denver has to offer.

We are a full service hotel with 169 guest rooms and 2,000 square feet of meeting and banquet facilities. We feature complimentary wireless internet throughout our property and the convenience of ample free parking for hotel guests.

We are home to the Skybox Grill and Sports Bar, located on the 14th floor. Our panoramic view of the Denver skyline and Rocky Mountains, help you to relax and unwind after a long day. Elitch Gardens Amusement Park, Coors Field, the Pepsi Center, and the Downtown Aquarium are in immediate view and are all located within minutes of the hotel. Please see Things To Do for more exciting ventures and entertainment ideas.

Complimentary transportation is provided to all downtown attractions, restaurants, and local shopping locations within a 3 mile radius.

1975 Mile High Stadium Circle
Denver, CO 80204
1-800-388-5381

Wow...it was "1975 Bryant St." they even changed that!
BTW...that room is now $159 per night!

Sassy
05-09-2008, 08:58 PM
Yes, because you were a smart cookie. All I know is I let Adam deal with it so I hope he knows that Knights Inn is not an option for me! I saw Black Knight and I know how they slept at "Inns" or guest quarters. I believe they are into vintage and use the same techniques as they did 1000 years ago.

Black Knight? :confused:

Hogan11
05-09-2008, 10:06 PM
Black Knight? :confused:

The Knight's Inn had to be like this side of camping out anyways....I understand that's some rough accomidations.

BCJ
05-10-2008, 04:32 PM
I dont know how Denver is for accomodations but look at reviews for their Vegas hotel. YIKES!

Midnight Blue
05-10-2008, 04:53 PM
The Knight's Inn had to be like this side of camping out anyways....I understand that's some rough accomidations.

Dunno if it could possibly have been worse than the noisy party next door to us at the Days Inn the night before the game last year. People were yelling till nearly 5 am.

BCJ
05-11-2008, 03:56 AM
Dunno if it could possibly have been worse than the noisy party next door to us at the Days Inn the night before the game last year. People were yelling till nearly 5 am.

But if it was "Raiders Suck!" then you have to let it slide. Well, at least to 3AM.

Sassy
05-11-2008, 10:26 AM
But if it was "Raiders Suck!" then you have to let it slide. Well, at least to 3AM.

That was Blue yelling in protest! :D

Midnight Blue
05-11-2008, 01:50 PM
That was Blue yelling in protest! :D

Well, actually, I was kinda suffering from a weird form of Tourette's that weekend... anytime I heard the word "Raiders", it had to be followed by "Suck!"... at one point I'd drifted off to sleep and one of the partiers next door yelled "Raiders"... and my husband laughed so hard because I like automatically added "Suck!".... even though I wasn't fully awake. :D

Seriously, though... I doubt that any of them was in any shape at all to get much out of the game. We still arrived bright and early for the tailgate, but I'm guessing those guys probably dragged their butts out of bed around noon-ish.

broncobryce
05-11-2008, 01:57 PM
Man I would kill to live in Denver. There is a decent following here in Boise, but obviously not like there. I will say though, "we" are getting a beast in Ryan Clady. Trust me.

MOtorboat
05-11-2008, 02:02 PM
Man I would kill to live in Denver. There is a decent following here in Boise, but obviously not like there. I will say though, "we" are getting a beast in Ryan Clady. Trust me.

Sorry to go off topic ya'all...

I liked Boise. I helped move a friend back from college in Nebraska to Boise one time. What's the name of that massive sports bar? Rams Head, or the Ram, or something like that...good sports bar, except for the massive "Idahoans for Nebraska" sign...(not a Huskers fan)...got refused service at a bar downtown...that was funny...guy thought me and my buddy's IDs were fake because his "book" had older versions of Nebraska and Wyoming's licenses...either way...seemed like a nice town.

Dortoh
05-14-2008, 05:13 PM
Hotrod told me he was attending this year come hell or high water. Just thought I'd pass that along for him.

Sassy
05-14-2008, 05:22 PM
Hotrod told me he was attending this year come hell or high water. Just thought I'd pass that along for him.

Good to know Dortoh :D Tell Hotrod hello :laugh:

Dortoh
05-14-2008, 05:24 PM
:beer:

I'll do

smalltowngrll
05-14-2008, 06:05 PM
Well, I guess I'll share here. Unfortunately, plans had to change and I won't be making it to the game this week. We will, however be out for the home opener the week prior to this game!

Bummer that I won't get to see you all this season. I can't even say that I hope we can make it down to Diego because we'll be in Tucson with the fam for the holidays.

Anyway, have a beer or two or three for me and I'll drink one or two or three for every one of you the week before! :beer: :lol:

Oh, and I'll still be available to help with any planning if needed!

Hogan11
05-17-2008, 11:00 PM
Well, I guess I'll share here. Unfortunately, plans had to change and I won't be making it to the game this week. We will, however be out for the home opener the week prior to this game!

Bummer that I won't get to see you all this season. I can't even say that I hope we can make it down to Diego because we'll be in Tucson with the fam for the holidays.

Anyway, have a beer or two or three for me and I'll drink one or two or three for every one of you the week before! :beer: :lol:

Oh, and I'll still be available to help with any planning if needed!

Blowing us all off for the class reunion eh? Booooo :tsk:

Well, I guess we'll just have to catch you next season then :salute:

Sassy
05-17-2008, 11:01 PM
Blowing us all off for the class reunion eh? Booooo :tsk:

Well, I guess we'll just have to catch you next season then :salute:

I think she's blowing us off for married life ;)

Hogan11
05-18-2008, 10:32 AM
I think she's blowing us off for married life ;)

Wasn't there a big lesson learned a couple of years ago on the Mane about planning a wedding DURING the season? :salute:

Sassy
05-18-2008, 10:35 AM
Wasn't there a big lesson learned a couple of years ago on the Mane about planning a wedding DURING the season? :salute:

Wasn't that AK? or was it MP?

Yep...but I was just meaning in general...they are getting married in 6 weeks...July 5th.

Hogan11
05-18-2008, 10:40 AM

Yep...but I was just meaning in general...they are getting married in 6 weeks...July 5th.

That's one long honeymoon then......:salute::lol::laugh:

Midnight Blue
05-18-2008, 12:56 PM

If memory serves me correctly, it was AK. :coffee:

smalltowngrll
05-19-2008, 10:25 AM
No no no, this change has nothing to do with either. Something came up that weekend that made us have to switch weekends that we can make it to the Broncos game. We'll just be going to the home opener against the weekend before this rather than this weekend.

The wedding is in 5 weeks.....neither one of us would NEVER let that interfere with our football season!! :beer:

BCJ
05-19-2008, 05:35 PM
No no no, this change has nothing to do with either. Something came up that weekend that made us have to switch weekends that we can make it to the Broncos game. We'll just be going to the home opener against the weekend before this rather than this weekend.

The wedding is in 5 weeks.....neither one of us would NEVER let that interfere with our football season!! :beer:

is this guy a Broncos fan? Sorry about this if it was in the user notes as I have no idea what that is (or was for now) on the Mane. This should make a marriage last at least plus 5 years if he is a sports fan too and add lifetime if he is a broncos fan.

Hogan11
05-20-2008, 10:53 AM

Well, congrats on the wedding!...it's disappointing that we won't be seeing you this year but hopefully, we'll catch you next year.

BroncoBuff
05-20-2008, 10:19 PM

Have you guys really talked this thing out, set down some football ground rules?

For example, what happens if the Broncos and 49ers are on at the same time?

05-21-2008, 12:00 AM
Have you guys really talked this thing out, set down some football ground rules?

You are marrying a niner fan STG???

You may what to rethink this to-death-do-us-part thing.

Hogan11
05-21-2008, 08:54 AM
Is he a 49ers fan? :faint2: Geeze...as if being a Red Sox fan wasn't bad enough! :heh:

j/k :boink::laugh:

smalltowngrll
05-21-2008, 12:19 PM

We go to a sportsbar so we can watch BOTH games!

You better believe we've talked out the logistics of football season. But, we managed to work through last football season rather well. Our first date was at a sportsbar for week 3 because the Broncos weren't playing on regular TV here. :D

Dortoh
05-21-2008, 12:26 PM
We go to a sportsbar so we can watch BOTH games!

You better believe we've talked out the logistics of football season. But, we managed to work through last football season rather well. Our first date was at a sportsbar for week 3 because the Broncos weren't playing on regular TV here. :D

You should have no problems at all. I was married to a chefs fan for over 10 years talk about tense 2 Sundays out of the year. :shocked:

BroncoBuff
05-21-2008, 01:02 PM
Is he a 49ers fan? :faint2: Geeze...as if being a Red Sox fan wasn't bad enough! :heh:

j/k :boink::laugh:

I dunno ... it could be a LOT worse than the 49ers. At least it's an NFC team, with a good legacy, and geographically close to the newlyweds. Glass half full, Hogan :beer:

Sassy
05-21-2008, 04:46 PM
I dunno ... it could be a LOT worse than the 49ers. At least it's an NFC team, with a good legacy, and geographically close to the newlyweds. Glass half full, Hogan :beer:

But see... Hogan is smart. He picked a Bronco fan! :D:beer:

BMF Bronco
05-21-2008, 05:31 PM

Sorry bro, seems you missed out. :eek:

BroncoBuff
05-22-2008, 07:11 PM
Sorry bro, seems you missed out. :eek:

We'll cry in our beer together this fall :beer:

BMF Bronco
05-22-2008, 08:33 PM
I am happy for her, completely, she deserves nothing but the best! I wish I could make it up there for the wedding actually, it would be cool to see.

Meck77
05-22-2008, 10:52 PM
Broncos @ Saints 2004!

http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/4081/noct2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/4081/noct2.1675cebf26.jpg (http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=382&i=noct2.jpg)

Sassy
05-22-2008, 11:02 PM
Ugh...I am not even looking at the camera...I look ready to pass out!
Thank God for AC in the SuperDome.

Hmmmm 7 weeks after I met Hogan :D

Hogan11
05-23-2008, 08:37 AM
Ugh...I am not even looking at the camera...I look ready to pass out!
Thank God for AC in the SuperDome.

Hmmmm 7 weeks after I met Hogan :D

That was one rough tailgate...it took every ounce of strength I had just to be there....hanging in the French Quarter till 5 AM Sat. night probably had a lot to do with that :salute: Really, there is nothing more inhumane than a noon kickoff on a Sunday in NOLA...home Saints game should never start before 4 PM.

Meck77
05-23-2008, 09:51 AM
I was up til the sun came up myself. The funny thing is if it wasn't for Raider fan Crow I don't think we would have made it over to the tailgate. We only had to move the bus a couple miles from where it was parked the night before but let me just say it was interesting.

I agree Hogan. All game in NO should be Sunday night games!

Sassy
05-27-2008, 07:19 PM
That was one rough tailgate...it took every ounce of strength I had just to be there....hanging in the French Quarter till 5 AM Sat. night probably had a lot to do with that :salute: Really, there is nothing more inhumane than a noon kickoff on a Sunday in NOLA...home Saints game should never start before 4 PM.

...and don't do the cappucinos/beignets (sp) at 5 am either! :laugh:

05-27-2008, 07:54 PM
...and don't do the cappucinos/beignets (sp) at 5 am either! :laugh:

Those weren't cappucinos, they were cafe au laits....and 5am on the way home is the PERFECT time to do them.

Sassy
05-27-2008, 08:04 PM
Those weren't cappucinos, they were cafe au laits....and 5am on the way home is the PERFECT time to do them.

Awww...yeah...that they were! But it also results in NO SLEEP!...:laugh:
Well worth it though!

Sassy
05-27-2008, 08:04 PM
I miss Cafe Du Monde .... :sad:

05-27-2008, 11:33 PM
I miss Cafe Du Monde .... :sad:

Awesome place.

Sticky tables...but it is a great place to people watch...hang out on a raining day...read a paper....or get something in your system at 5am that doesn't have bourbon, gin or vodka in it. :beer:

Sassy
06-12-2008, 09:00 PM
Awesome place.

Sticky tables...but it is a great place to people watch...hang out on a raining day...read a paper....or get something in your system at 5am that doesn't have bourbon, gin or vodka in it. :beer:

:lol: at the 5 am! Been there, done that! We've always said that if the Broncos are playing in New Orleans..why do they always play the early game! That's pure torture!

...Yeah...I wouldn't recommend taking a laptop there! Ha!

SmilinAssasSin27
07-12-2008, 02:09 PM
Just got my seats to the Saints game. I got thru on the 1/2 price tix...$40 each after the "convenience" fee. Section 502. Can't frickin wait!!!

BCJ
07-13-2008, 05:46 PM
I might have one extra ticket in SOuth Stands for this game. $110 and you are above the tunnel where the broncos enter and exit. 100 section ! PM if interested.

Sassy
09-06-2008, 04:54 PM
bump

BCJ
09-18-2008, 04:43 AM
Well, if you need to get a hold of me, contact me here. I am leaving at 3PM come this Friday.

Sassy
09-18-2008, 06:32 PM
http://radar.cbslocal.com/kcnc/5day.jpg

John...do you have our cell # ?

SmilinAssasSin27
09-18-2008, 07:10 PM
Thanx for the weather report Sassy. BTW, I am 27atwater at the Mane.

We gonna see you this weekend?

BCJ
09-18-2008, 07:38 PM

Try making the game on Saturday. I think game time is 7:05 correct? Drop off at your hotel then get over to the VQ or LoDo depending on time. Sunday is Lot77 (Mecks lot).
BTW: Any locals bringing a grill and any Costco run? Nothing I have heard and need to know if we are all bringing our own meat?

SmilinAssasSin27
09-18-2008, 08:42 PM
I haven't gotten much feedback about who is bringing what. Our group of 4 will likely hit Skybox and then do whatever after that. My buddy needs a ride from the airport at 6PM Saturday so we should be out some time after that.

Sassy
09-18-2008, 09:52 PM

Yep! We are staying the Hotel VQ (Red Lion) and having a few drinks/probably some food at the Skybox (top of the hotel) and then heading to the Rockies game.

pnbronco
09-19-2008, 07:47 PM
My husband and I are going to the game on Sunday and we always get there early. So do you have to have belonged to the Mane to stop by? If not let me know where and about what time and what you need, thanks...pn

SmilinAssasSin27
09-19-2008, 10:30 PM
all are welcome, but I would check out the Mane's discussion for clarification as to WHERE we will be.

Sassy
09-19-2008, 10:39 PM
My husband and I are going to the game on Sunday and we always get there early. So do you have to have belonged to the Mane to stop by? If not let me know where and about what time and what you need, thanks...pn

Stop by the Hotel VQ on Bryant by the stadium on Sat. afternoon for drinks!

pnbronco
09-19-2008, 10:56 PM
Stop by the Hotel VQ on Bryant by the stadium on Sat. afternoon for drinks!

Thanks Sassy for the invite. I have a big show for my business this week, so I'm having to work most of this weekend, so I can't. But I will be at the game and I always go early. If you know where you're going to be just let me know, thanks...pn

Sassy
09-20-2008, 08:14 AM
Thanks Sassy for the invite. I have a big show for my business this week, so I'm having to work most of this weekend, so I can't. But I will be at the game and I always go early. If you know where you're going to be just let me know, thanks...pn

There's a private lot on the left as soon as you are entering Invesco...by a building...we call it Lot M or Mecks lot. I'll have a "SASSY" jersey on! Or Hogan will have his Hogan "11" on. If you are entering Invesco straight on you should see it.

There should be a bunch of Maners in the Skybox Bar and Grill atop of the Hotel VQ on Bryant Sat. afternoon before the Rockies game (across from the stadium...use to be Red Lion...I think the address is now Mile High Circle or something...but it was Bryant Street.

pnbronco
09-21-2008, 09:12 PM
Sassy, I'm sorry, everything that could go wrong started last night. We got a late start today and I tried to find M but I was rattled and late. I'm hoping next time you get together, I'll be able to think. Hope you had a wonderful time today....

SmilinAssasSin27
09-22-2008, 07:18 AM
Game was great...tailgate was fun. Nice meeting some of you who I hadn't seen before.

crawdad
09-22-2008, 11:28 AM
Same here 27

SmilinAssasSin27
09-22-2008, 04:46 PM
I'll have some pix shortly.

BCJ
09-22-2008, 05:08 PM
Just got back and another great time. Nice to see Crawdad made it ok to the hotel. I saw this morning on the news that someone ran into a lady's whole backwall of her house and I was hoping it wasnt crawdad. Good to see you are A OK. Good, long tailgate and game. I think we were the last to leave the Invesco area at 9PM.

I Bleed Orange and Blue
09-22-2008, 07:27 PM
nice meeting a lot of you!