PDA

View Full Version : 2008-09 College Football thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

BOSSHOGG30
04-15-2008, 08:52 PM
To start things off

Major bad news out of Penn State land....

Sean Lee tears ACL

CoachChaz
04-16-2008, 07:15 AM
To start things off

Major bad news out of Penn State land....

Sean Lee tears ACL

Added to the distraction of the Paterno contract issues.

MOtorboat
08-28-2008, 10:06 AM
:woot:

Starts tonight!

The 2008 college football season begins Thursday, followed by a Labor Day weekend chock-full of big games and potential upsets.

Grab your TV remote and hug your spouse and children goodbye. Over the next four months, the college football season figures to be as unpredictable and exciting as a year ago, when several teams temporarily took residence at the top of the polls. In the end, LSU was left standing at No. 1.

More than anything else, just be happy college football season is finally here.

1. The 2008 season might be as unpredictable as 2007.
The early-season schedule offers a smorgasbord of potential upsets: Alabama over Clemson. Utah over Michigan. East Carolina over Virginia Tech. Appalachian State at LSU. And that's just the beginning.

2. The Big 12 has better quarterbacks than the NFC North.
The Big 12 has four legitimate Heisman Trophy candidates playing under center: Oklahoma's Sam Bradford, Texas Tech's Graham Harrell, Missouri's Chase Daniel and Kansas' Todd Reesing.

3. A Harvard man is leading the defending national champions.
With former starter Ryan Perrilloux playing at Division I-AA Jacksonville (Ala.) State, Harvard transfer Andrew Hatch takes the reins of LSU's offense. At least we know the Tigers' team IQ will be higher.

4. Paul Johnson's offense will work in the ACC.
Johnson has better players and more athletes at Georgia Tech to run his triple-option spread offense. And he finally has a defense to keep opponents out of the end zone.

5. West Virginia fans will forget about Rich Rodriguez.
With quarterback Pat White and tailback Noel Devine returning to West Virginia, new coach Bill Stewart is poised to lead the Mountaineers to a Big East championship.

6. Georgia's defense will lead the way.
Quarterback Matthew Stafford and tailback Knowshon Moreno are Heisman Trophy candidates and garner most of the attention, but Georgia's defense -- the fastest it has ever put on the field -- will lead it to an SEC championship.

7. Notre Dame won't stink.
Whether you love them or hate them, it's hard to argue college football isn't better when the Fighting Irish are winning. With 16 starters returning, Charlie Weis will lead Notre Dame to a bowl game in 2008.

8. It's all about revenge in the SEC.
Florida wants to beat Georgia because the Bulldogs danced in the end zone last year. Arkansas wants to beat Ole Miss because Houston Nutt coaches there. LSU wants to beat Alabama because Nick Saban is there.

9. Ohio State plays a meaningful game before January.
The Buckeyes will either silence their critics or further fuel their doubters when they play at Southern California on Sept. 13. A victory over the Trojans will probably punch Ohio State's ticket to the Jan. 8 BCS Championship Game.

10. They're playing football on Tobacco Road.
Wake Forest will contend for an ACC championship because the Demon Deacons have one of the best coaches in the country. So will North Carolina, which will be much improved in coach Butch Davis' second season.

11. Mike Leach will raid your ship.
With Harrell and record-setting receiver Michael Crabtree coming back, Texas Tech is poised to shake up the Big 12 South. Leach finally has a defense to defend his own ship, too.

12. Tim Tebow won't slow down.
The Gators want their Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback to run the football less often. But Tebow will still be lowering his shoulder and leveling safeties and linebackers whenever he can.

13. Joe Paterno and Bobby Bowden will be winners again.
The Nittany Lions are good enough to finish second or third in the Big Ten. Florida State can win eight or nine games in a pretty mediocre ACC. Each coach can retire while he's still near the top.

14. Matadors don't wear black shirts.
After allowing 30 points or more in eight games in 2007, including a whopping 76 in a loss to Kansas, Nebraska's defense will have more bite under new coach Bo Pelini.

15. Clemson will be a rock.
With quarterback Cullen Harper, tailbacks James Davis and C.J. Spiller and receiver Aaron Kelly leading one of the country's best offenses, Clemson is too good to screw it up this time.

16. The Trojans have competition.
Winning a seventh consecutive Pac-10 championship won't be as easy for USC. The Trojans have to replace a boatload of players, and Arizona State, California, Oregon and Oregon State will offer competitive games.

17. The Big East will be a great race.
West Virginia is the preseason favorite, at least on paper, but South Florida, Rutgers and Pittsburgh are each capable of spoiling the Mountaineers' dream season.

18. All eyes are on Utah.
The state is home to two teams capable of crashing the BCS: Utah and BYU. The Utes and Cougars meet at Rice-Eccles Stadium on Nov. 22.

19. SMU football matters again.
The program that was devastated by the NCAA's death penalty finally has hope with former Hawaii coach June Jones walking the sideline. It won't be long before the Mustangs are scoring points in bunches.

20. Fresno State will shock somebody.
The Bulldogs have three chances to beat teams from BCS conferences: at Rutgers on Monday, versus Wisconsin on Sept. 13 and at UCLA on Sept. 27. Fresno State is good enough to win at least one of those games -- and maybe all three.

21. The best quarterback in Indiana plays at Ball State.
The Cardinals are absolutely loaded on offense with quarterback Nate Davis and receiver Dante Love. David Letterman has never been prouder of his alma mater.

22. Temple will finish the season with a winning record.
And you thought rebuilding Rutgers was hard. Al Golden is close to doing the unimaginable at Temple after finishing 4-8 last season. There's a reason other coaches call him the "Golden Boy."

23. Receivers are the rage.
Missouri's Jeremy Maclin. Texas Tech's Crabtree. Florida's Percy Harvin. Rutgers' Kenny Britt. Illinois' Arrelious Benn. Fast receivers are the rage in college football.

24. Old school still rules in the Big Ten.
Illinois, Purdue and Michigan are trying to revolutionize the way football is played in the Midwest, but Ohio State and Wisconsin are still the Big Ten's best by playing "three yards and a cloud of dust."

25. The Big 12 North rises again.
After being dominated by Oklahoma and Texas for years, Missouri and Kansas are good enough to win the Big 12. Colorado will be much improved, too.

MOtorboat
08-28-2008, 10:06 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/notebook?page=notebook/onthemark0827

Skinny
08-28-2008, 11:00 AM
Go Cocks! Beat N.C. State!

You can feel it in the air big time around here. Peeps are pumped up.

MOtorboat
08-28-2008, 11:06 AM
This is an awesome weekend.

I'll be at a party during the Mile High Showdown, but my friend promised to have it on in the background for me...

MOtorboat
08-28-2008, 11:10 AM
ESPN Big 12 Blog entry this morning:

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/big12/0-1-282/Big-12-teams-should-roll----or-there-s-something-wrong.html

Big 12 teams should roll -- or there's something wrong

August 28, 2008 11:51 AM

Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Griffin

The Big 12 starts its season tonight with a pair of games involving its two cellar-dwelling teams from last season.

It's good for Iowa State and Baylor to get their exposure early. Because Big 12 fans are so excited about the upcoming season that they'll be satisfied with games involving those two downtrodden programs to kick off the season.

Baylor's game with Wake Forest actually could be entertaining although the Iowa State-South Dakota State matchup will likely be for die-hards only.

On Saturday, only two Big 12 teams face games against foes from BCS conferences. And Oklahoma State's game against Washington State and Missouri's key test against Illinois will be the two best games involving Big 12 teams all weekend. And that includes Florida Atlantic coach Howard Schnellenberger's smack-fueled trip to Austin to pick up a $900,000 paycheck against the Longhorns.

Sunday's game will feature old rivals Colorado and Colorado State meeting in Denver. But Steve Fairchild's first team won't look like Sonny Lubick's old teams that used to torment Gary Barnett. The Buffaloes should roll.

Baylor is the only Big 12 that is an underdog this weekend. And for respectability purposes, the conference needs an 11-1 week to show the nation it really merits consideration among the nation's best.

Thursday:

Wake Forest 34, Baylor 20: The Bears stay close for a half before Wake Forest's defense will force some late mistakes. New Baylor coach Art Briles will be attempting to halt a trend where Baylor has lost five of its last six openers and 38 of its last 40 games against ranked teams.

Iowa State 34, South Dakota State 14: Gene Chizik had trouble settling on whether Austen Arnaud or Phillip Bates should be his starting quarterback. Both will look good Thursday against the undermanned Jackrabbits, who are making their Division I-AA debut.

Saturday:

Oklahoma State 31, Washington State 21: The Cowboys will take advantage of a powerful offensive line that has helped them lead the Big 12 in rushing in each of the last two years. Beau Johnson and Kendall Hunter will take care of the holes, silencing a supposedly hostile crowd in Seattle.

Kansas 45, Florida International 7: The Golden Panthers were blistered for season-worst 615 yards by the Jayhawks last season and it could be even worse this time around. Kansas will be looking to build continuity on the offensive line and celebrate last season's BCS appearance. And they'll do it in style.

Kansas State 44, North Texas 17: Look for the Wildcats to try and build confidence for budding running game against Mean Green, which finished 2-10 and let Florida International beat them in the final game last season. Former walk-on TB Keithen Valentine will get the first start of his career.

Nebraska 34, Western Michigan 17: The Bo Pelini era kicks off in Lincoln against Broncos, who won at Iowa and qualified for their first bowl game since 1988 last season.The biggest question will be how much improvement Pelini coaxes out of a defense ranked No. 112 nationally last season.

Oklahoma 55, Chattanooga 7: Even the banged-up Sooners defense will look dominant against Moccasins' defense that is even more injured. Chattanooga has already lost two offensive starters and had eight other starters miss practice in preparation for the game. And that's before the lights even come on at Owen Field.

Texas 44, Florida Atlantic 20: Even with a green secondary facing the Sun Belt's top returning passer in FAU's Rusty Smith, it's still not wise to pull on Superman's cape. I would have thought that Howard Schnellenberger had been around football long enough to know that.

Texas A&M 31, Arkansas State 14: QB Stephen McGee will show a quick grasp of Coach Mike Sherman's pro-style offensive attack and probably will feel much better -- and with fewer bruises -- on Sunday morning. The big question will be how A&M's retooled 4-3 defense performs under excitable new coordinator Joe Kines.

Texas Tech 62, Eastern Washington 3: Graham Harrell needs only six touchdown passes to break Kliff Kingsbury's school record. He might get them all before the end of the first half against the defensively-challenged Eagles, who ranked 104th nationally in Division I-AA against the pass last season.

Missouri 33, Illinois 21 (at St. Louis): The Tigers start their march to a BCS bowl against a tough opponent that gave them fits last season. This time around, the Tigers provide a consistent defensive effort that will flummox Illinois QB Juice Williams all through the game.

Sunday:

Colorado 27, Colorado State 14 (at Denver): Still unsure exactly what to expect from new CSU coach Steve Fairchild, the Buffaloes will pitch a strong defensive effort neutralizing the Rams' tailback combination of Kyle Bell and Gartrell Johnson. And look for heralded Colorado TB Darrell Scott to show some flashes, too.

Watchthemiddle
08-28-2008, 12:55 PM
i Love Today!!!!!!

MOtorboat
08-28-2008, 01:17 PM
i Love Today!!!!!!

Who's your team WTM?

BroncoAV06
08-28-2008, 07:01 PM
Heck yes! What a weekend, will have the roast ready for the tailgate saturday before the Lobos home opener, watch games all weekend, great stuff!

MOtorboat
08-28-2008, 07:03 PM
After watching preseason NFL games the last four weeks, I'm sitting here watching real football thinking..."is this really for real?"

MOtorboat
08-28-2008, 07:15 PM
LOL...this might be a long night for these offenses in the SC-NCS game.

MOtorboat
08-28-2008, 07:48 PM
Jesse Palmer sucked when he was in the studio...but I'm liking the Palmer-James-Fowler combo. Palmer, so far, has been awesome breaking down plays. He's leaving Craig James in his dust.

Skinny
08-28-2008, 08:43 PM
Chris Nickson is having a feild day against Miami of Ohio. I know, it's Miami of Ohio, but you still got to git-r-done.

schnooks1
08-30-2008, 08:14 AM
I can't wait to see the Huskers come back this year!! I am going to have to dodge hurricanes to watch it tonight but I WILL!!!! GO BIG RED!!!
http://http://www.huskerpedia.com/games/2008/westmich08.html

Skinny
08-30-2008, 01:32 PM
Florida=Fast

The speed they have is ridiculous.

ChampWJ
08-30-2008, 01:40 PM
Knowshon Moreno has 3 TD's today and it's only the 3rd Quarter. Go Dawgs!!!

Nomad
08-30-2008, 02:04 PM
Knowshon Moreno has 3 TD's today and it's only the 3rd Quarter. Go Dawgs!!!

I would hope so because GS is a tough test for the Dawgs!;) On the gameday show, they said they were worried about Georgia because of their line play. How's that going?

Buff
08-30-2008, 02:08 PM
East Carolina > Virginia Tech

Sweet blocked punt for the win.

slim
08-30-2008, 02:13 PM
Go Cocks! Beat N.C. State!

You can feel it in the air big time around here. Peeps are pumped up.

Come on now, lets keep it clean...this isn't in the lounge :hi:

BTW, I am assuming the CSU/CU game will be on ESPN?

MOtorboat
08-30-2008, 02:25 PM
come On Now, Lets Keep It Clean...this Isn't In The Lounge :hi:

Btw, I Am Assuming The Csu/cu Game Will Be On Espn?

Fsn.

MOtorboat
08-30-2008, 02:26 PM
East Carolina > Virginia Tech

Sweet blocked punt for the win.

It was a good game.

OK...does Virgina even stand a shot against USC?

Can Utah defeat Michigan...that would be funny like none other...

Hoping OK State can beat Wash State...that would be nice for the Big 12.

Skinny
08-30-2008, 02:28 PM
Come on now, lets keep it clean...this isn't in the lounge :hi:

BTW, I am assuming the CSU/CU game will be on ESPN?:wave: Hiya perv.

elsid13
08-30-2008, 02:44 PM
VT losing was amazing, lots of pissed off Hokies in my area.

Pitt lost too. Weinstat (spelling) is horrible coach!

Nomad
08-30-2008, 02:50 PM
ECU/VT was one of the upset special games!

I'm watching the Okie State/WAZZU game and it looks like OSU is too much for the Cougars!

ChampWJ
08-30-2008, 03:00 PM
I would hope so because GS is a tough test for the Dawgs!;) On the gameday show, they said they were worried about Georgia because of their line play. How's that going?

I'm not worried. We lost one lineman. And with top 5 classes every year, I doubt we lack depth to replace him.

Today I think we averaged something like 7 or 8 yards per rush. And threw for over 300 yards and 3 scores. They took most of the starters out late in the game, and GS scored a couple garbage time TD's.

Other than that utter dominance all day.

MOtorboat
08-30-2008, 03:17 PM
These celebration penalties are absolute bull.

Washington State just got a 15 yard penalty because a wide receiver chest bumped an offensive lineman who made a pancake block on a first-down run.

How ridiculous is that?

Broncospsycho77
08-30-2008, 03:24 PM
Right now, it looks like Utah is on the same level as Michigan. Utah is down 10-6, but on a third and goal. Michigan's D is pretty solid, especially their pass rush.

Utah will probably grab a field goal here.

Nomad
08-30-2008, 03:35 PM
WAZZU isn't getting any calls! But Okie St is warming up and WAZZU's young squad is struggling, though the defense is doing good!

BTW, Go UTES!

Broncospsycho77
08-30-2008, 03:42 PM
Utah is up 12-10.

Michigan has -5 rush yards.

Nomad
08-30-2008, 03:43 PM
Mine as well give the Cougars offense and ST a shovel because they're digging themselves deeper in a hole. Thank goodness the defense is doing a good job because they'd be sinking fast to a 'run' by the Okies.

MOtorboat
08-30-2008, 03:52 PM
Isn't Wazzu where Loyal is playing?

Broncospsycho77
08-30-2008, 03:53 PM

Yep. He's a receiver; don't know what string he is, though.

MOtorboat
08-30-2008, 03:54 PM
Yep. He's a receiver; don't know what string he is, though.

I think he said he wasn't a full-ride football, so he might not get any PT yet.

MOtorboat
08-30-2008, 03:59 PM
I'm just not a fan of all this spread crap.

Line it up and hit someone.

ChampWJ
08-30-2008, 04:01 PM
I'm just not a fan of all this spread crap.

Line it up and hit someone.

The spread offense is my least favorite thing about college football.

Nomad

LS's buddy came one last night and said he'll give us his number! I looked on the roster and I believe LS is from ID and the only player from ID is a LB so I don't know what . I've been following the Cougs since the late 90s because my wife is a Huskie fan:tsk:. Which they play the Ducks tonight!

LoyalsFriend
I think he said he wasn't a full-ride football, so he might not get any PT yet.

He is paying for college mostly on his grades. He is getting a small boost from athletics, but it is still rather small.

MOtorboat
08-30-2008, 04:04 PM

I cover high school football here in Missouri where I live and the team I covered ran a wide-open offense, that went from a option-spread like Florida to a wide-open pass game like Texas Tech to a triple-option like Georgia Tech in the last five years. That coach moved on, and now its all about the I and the option...now that's football.

MOtorboat
08-30-2008, 04:24 PM
Wow...Okie State is absolutely dominating.

Good for the Big 12, but maybe...bad for the Big 12 opponents. They look really good today.

MOtorboat
08-30-2008, 04:26 PM
Ugh, nothing drives me more nuts than when they line up without having a play, fake the snap, then look over to the sideline for the play call...I hate that shit.

If I was a defensive coordinator in college right now, I would design a system that would create a shift every time the offense did that.

P.S. That's how Nebraska stopped Missouri two years ago...

Nomad
08-30-2008, 04:30 PM
Wow...Okie State is absolutely dominating.

Good for the Big 12, but maybe...bad for the Big 12 opponents. They look really good today.

I would agree but WAZZU isn't a top tier of the Pac 10!

MOtorboat
08-30-2008, 04:31 PM
I would agree but WAZZU isn't a top tier of the Pac 10!

And likewise with Okie State.

elsid13
08-30-2008, 04:33 PM

Get used to it, more teams are going to it, and spreading into the HS ranks.

MOtorboat
08-30-2008, 04:34 PM
Get used to it, more teams are going to it, and spreading into the HS ranks.

A lot of it actually originated in the HS ranks...

LoyalsFriend
08-30-2008, 04:37 PM
Look at that. They finally scored.

Nomad
08-30-2008, 04:40 PM
Who else but Gibson!

Nomad
08-30-2008, 04:42 PM
WAZZU's ST can keep digging the hole deeper!:tsk: Missed FG and a KR for a TD

LoyalsFriend
08-30-2008, 04:46 PM
I saw Loyal's face on the side line, but I didn't see his number.

MOtorboat
08-30-2008, 04:54 PM
Rich Rodriguez will not last at Michigan.

One game, and he's already getting pissy at the media. He wouldn't give a halftime interview with ESPN...

Welcome to Michigan.

Nomad
08-30-2008, 04:58 PM
Rich Rodriguez will not last at Michigan.

One game, and he's already getting pissy at the media. He wouldn't give a halftime interview with ESPN...

Welcome to Michigan.

What channel is the game!

MOtorboat
08-30-2008, 04:59 PM
What channel is the game!

It's on ESPN2 for me...it's the broadcast that's on ABC's regional coverage. Not sure how that's working, but I'm not complaining.

Nomad
08-30-2008, 06:23 PM
Mich went down!

elsid13
08-30-2008, 07:36 PM
Bowden is an idiot. Two great backs and gives it to the freshman to start the game!

SmilinAssasSin27
08-30-2008, 09:53 PM
I hate Michigan w/ every fiber of my being...and new coach is an ass. Match made in heaven.

SmilinAssasSin27
08-30-2008, 09:53 PM
The ACC is garbage...and now that Bama has talent, the SEC just got deeper.

BroncoAV06
09-01-2008, 12:35 PM
Well Utah is not a bad team and Michigan will be in all sorts of trouble on offense this year, just don't have the QB needed for that offense.

dogfish
09-01-2008, 08:12 PM
anybody else watching tennessee - UCLA?

MOtorboat
09-01-2008, 08:13 PM
anybody else watching tennessee - UCLA?

Yes.

Skinny
09-01-2008, 08:14 PM
anybody else watching tennessee - UCLA?Like it was a wet t-shirt contest at Hooters. :D

dogfish
09-01-2008, 08:15 PM
i wanna see the vols pound 'em-- i can't stand rick neuweasel. . . .

Nomad
09-01-2008, 08:20 PM
i wanna see the vols pound 'em-- i can't stand rick neuweasel. . . .

Can't do that with blocked punts and interceptions. TENN QB is like jeckel/hyde

dogfish
09-01-2008, 08:59 PM
Can't do that with blocked punts and interceptions. TENN QB is like jeckel/hyde

true, but he sure looks better than UCLA's quarterback. . . 4 INTs in the first half-- poor kid looks like a young jake plummer out there!

:lol:

SmilinAssasSin27
09-01-2008, 11:04 PM
Crompton sucks. I was gonna buy some UT tix and make a trip down there in November...may have to rethink that now. WOW that's embarrassing.

Northman
09-01-2008, 11:05 PM
Good to see my Cavs keep it close against USC this weekend. phewww, and i thought we might get blown out.

SmilinAssasSin27
09-01-2008, 11:10 PM
My Vols' loss was still somehow worse.

Northman
09-01-2008, 11:29 PM
My Vols' loss was still somehow worse.

Indeed it was. Another reason why i hate pre-season rankings. Upsets happen as they did this weekend but i think it adds a bit more pressure for some of these teams to carry out of the box. Im not totally shocked about tonight as i was last year with Cal. But it certainly hurts the Vols no doubt.

dogfish
09-01-2008, 11:33 PM
great game to watch if you really didn't have a horse in the race. . . sorry smiley. . .

SmilinAssasSin27
09-02-2008, 12:17 PM
hey thanx...apparently I didn't have a horse in the race either. Looked more like a bunch of asses.

elsid13
09-02-2008, 05:17 PM
I actually turned the game off after watching the 4 (?) pick performance. Figured no way in hell that UCLA would come back,.

BroncoAV06
09-02-2008, 09:32 PM
How bout that UCLA d-line against what was supposed to be the strength of the Vols their O-line! The Foster fumble inside the 10 did not help, but man the Vols wasted 4 first half picks ouch!

Overall it was just great to watch college ball all weekend!

dogfish
09-02-2008, 09:42 PM
How bout that UCLA d-line against what was supposed to be the strength of the Vols their O-line! The Foster fumble inside the 10 did not help, but man the Vols wasted 4 first half picks ouch!

Overall it was just great to watch college ball all weekend!

yup. . . their interior D-line cleaned up. . .

i see that draftscout.com has harwell projected as a UDFA-- of course that doesn't mean that it's so, but if it is i would give him a chance any day. . .

Italianmobstr7
09-06-2008, 10:51 AM
Go PENN STATE!

Skinny
09-06-2008, 11:10 AM
Getting the Auburn/Southern Miss. game. Two spread offense going at it. Should be fun.

And BC/GT in a nice little ACC match-up.

Nomad
09-06-2008, 03:15 PM
Penn State is going to blow Oregon State away. OSU hasn't a chance

Northman
09-06-2008, 04:23 PM
OSU sneaked by Ohio earlier. I fully expect USC to totally dominate OSU next week. Wont even be close. Good game between Ole Miss and Wake Forest right now with Ole Miss leading 14-10. Cincy making it closer with OU right now 21-13. And 15th ranked BYU in a dogfight with Washington right now 21 all. Probably the shocker so far is ECU looking for their second upset in a row of #8 West Virginia. ECU leads 7-0 early in the second.

Nomad
09-06-2008, 05:05 PM
Watching the BYU/Wash! Many memories of those great BYU teams LaVell Edwards coached back when I was in JH and HS in the 80s and early 90s. Huskies need alot of work.

Northman
09-06-2008, 05:12 PM
Wild one in Winston-Salem. Wake jumps back on top of Ole Miss 27-21 with about 11 minutes left.

Northman
09-06-2008, 05:16 PM
East Carolina on top of #8 West Virginia now 17-3 early in the third. How big would this upset be? lol

Nomad
09-06-2008, 05:20 PM
I love it, Huskies get screwed and lose!:laugh:

Northman
09-06-2008, 05:23 PM
I love it, Huskies get screwed and lose!:laugh:

Score hasnt updated yet but it has BYU 28, Wash 27. What happened?

Nomad
09-06-2008, 05:27 PM
Score hasnt updated yet but it has BYU 28, Wash 27. What happened?

Locker ran it in for a TD but got an bogus 'celebration' penalty which made it a 35 yd PAT. BYU blocks the kick and wins.

Northman
09-06-2008, 05:28 PM
Locker ran it in for a TD but got an bogus 'celebration' penalty which made it a 35 yd PAT. BYU blocks the kick and wins.

Omg. :lol:

Nomad
09-06-2008, 05:31 PM
It was a terrible call and BYU/WA should be in OT, considering we don't know if BYU would have blocked that kick.

WAZZU/CAL up next! Go COUGARS!:pray:

Skinny
09-06-2008, 05:41 PM
Wild game going on in South Bend. Aztecs about to score and fumbled at the goal line, ND ball. 13-7 Aztecs though.

Northman
09-06-2008, 05:43 PM
It was a terrible call and BYU/WA should be in OT, considering we don't know if BYU would have blocked that kick.

WAZZU/CAL up next! Go COUGARS!:pray:

I absolutely detest the celebration rule in CFB. I understand you dont want it to get totally out of hand like TO like celebrations but come on. :tsk:

Nomad
09-06-2008, 05:48 PM
1st play from scrimmage for Cal and they run it in for a TD, 80 yds.:tsk: And WAZZU just threw a pick with CAL at WAZZU 12 yd line

Northman
09-06-2008, 05:49 PM
Ole Miss leading #20 Wake Forest 28-27 with 1 minute remaining. Crazy game.

Nomad
09-06-2008, 05:52 PM
:drinking::Cry: WAZZU's sucking and it's not even 2 mins into the game. CAL is up 14-0. I guess karma biting me for laughing at the Huskies.

Northman
09-06-2008, 06:00 PM
WF attempting a game winning FG with 8 seconds left. Timeout.

Northman
09-06-2008, 06:01 PM
Wake Forest gets the FG with 3 seconds left. 30-28 right now Deacons.

Northman
09-06-2008, 06:03 PM
Deacons win 30-28. Great game. Meanwhile ECU still leads WVU 24-3 late in the 4th.

honz
09-06-2008, 06:37 PM
I absolutely detest the celebration rule in CFB. I understand you dont want it to get totally out of hand like TO like celebrations but come on. :tsk:
It was such a bogus call. Granted, I am a Utah fan and love nothing more than to see BYU lose, but that was a turrible call. All the guy did was throw the ball up in the air out of excitement and then celebrated with his teammates. Totally bogus. I hate how BYU is so lucky.:tsk:

Broncospsycho77
09-06-2008, 07:25 PM
Yeah, that Washington call was totally lame. Hey, if I had just done that, I might've thrown it in the air, too. He didn't showboat or do anything out of line. He threw it in the air, and turned to his teammates. Nothing wrong with that, as far as I'm concerned.

Nomad
09-06-2008, 08:05 PM
:eek:WAZZU didn't stand a chance in this game. Hope LS and co bounce back in the next game!

Nomad
09-06-2008, 08:33 PM
BTW, if your team has Virginia in it, hopefully you don't play East Carolina?:lol:

honz
09-06-2008, 08:57 PM
Utes and UNLV tied at the half. Wish I could see the game! It really sucks living outside of Utah being a Utah or BYU fan!

Broncospsycho77
09-06-2008, 09:32 PM
Utes and UNLV tied at the half. Wish I could see the game! It really sucks living outside of Utah being a Utah or BYU fan!

I hear ya. I'm a CU/LSU fan, and live in Ohio...

LoyalSoldier
09-06-2008, 09:45 PM
I officially forbid everyone from talking about Saturday 09/06/08. The day never existed.... :(

Bronco9798
09-07-2008, 09:42 AM
My Irish are 1-0 but it wasn't pretty. But, they won!! They need to get a lot better if they're going to compete this year week in and week out. I wasn't overly impressed, but it was a win.

Skinny
09-07-2008, 10:00 AM
My Irish are 1-0 but it wasn't pretty. But, they won!! They need to get a lot better if they're going to compete this year week in and week out. I wasn't overly impressed, but it was a win.I was impressed with Clausen, he really came through there late. He looked really good trough the course of the game. The Allen/Boudreaux collision was a BIG hit.

Nomad
09-13-2008, 03:30 PM
BYU looking like the BYU of old!!

Northman
09-13-2008, 04:54 PM
ECU in a real battle with Tulane. I knew South Carolina would give Georgia a fit and i highly expect USC to trounce the Buckeyes.

honz
09-13-2008, 04:59 PM
BYU looking like the BYU of old!!
It would be nice if UCLA would actually try to put up a fight. Very impressive showing by BYU though.

Nomad
09-13-2008, 05:00 PM
ECU in a real battle with Tulane. I knew South Carolina would give Georgia a fit and i highly expect USC to trounce the Buckeyes.

Tulane is actually a tough team. They give LSU fits some years and even beat them!

Northman
09-13-2008, 05:16 PM
ECU up 28-24 now with under a minute left. Honestly i kind of find myself rooting for the Pirates as they are a nice surprise this year.

Nomad
09-13-2008, 05:16 PM
It would be nice if UCLA would actually try to put up a fight. Very impressive showing by BYU though.

BYU still has enough time to score 80pts.

Northman
09-13-2008, 05:18 PM
BYU still has enough time to score 80pts.

That game is just out of control. BYU is punking UCLA right now. I think one of the boys from Gameday called for the upset in that matchup. UCLA does still have the 4th quarter though. :lol:

MOtorboat
09-13-2008, 07:17 PM
Start the effing game...

Go Ohio State...ugh...can't believe I just typed that.

Northman
09-13-2008, 08:44 PM
I cant believe you typed that either. I am in no way a USC fan but i absolutely loathe OSU. Especially considering how overrated they have been the last couple of years. Never the less, my Cavs are in for a LONG season. No pun intended.

Close to the end of the 3rd and Virginia is getting smacked around by Uconn 35-3. Uggghh

Northman
09-13-2008, 08:45 PM
Scratch that. 42-3 now. lol

ApaOps5
09-13-2008, 08:46 PM
Man if Denver has a great season no way will they be able to draft USC's Maliungawega (yeah I butchered that) he would be the perfect answer to our lack of strong MLB play. That guy is a baller.

Northman
09-13-2008, 08:52 PM
I would settle for this guy. :P

http://images.stltoday.com/stltoday/resources/maclin328x315spr08gm042008m.jpg

MOtorboat
09-13-2008, 09:02 PM
Man if Denver has a great season no way will they be able to draft USC's Maliungawega (yeah I butchered that) he would be the perfect answer to our lack of strong MLB play. That guy is a baller.

Agreed.

He can't declare until next year...:coffee:

Simple Jaded
09-13-2008, 09:15 PM
Jeremy Macklin is eligible for the 2009 NFL draft, he was a 2006 recruit with Percy Harvin, Andre Smith, Chris Wells, Matthew Stafford, Myron Rolle, Taylor Mays, Tim Tebow and CJ Spiller.

Macklin will go pro after this season, imo......

honz
09-13-2008, 09:20 PM
Neither USC or Ohio State looks all that impressive to me. Ohio State is overrated as usual, but USC is probably a little overrated as well. The Nat'l Championship is wide open this year IMO...nobody looks unbeatable so far.

Simple Jaded
09-13-2008, 09:22 PM

There is always James Lauranitis......ya......

honz
09-13-2008, 09:23 PM

I'd rather have this guy!

http://images.chron.com/blogs/longhorns/michaelcrabtree.jpg

Simple Jaded
09-13-2008, 09:27 PM
Both Macklin and Crabtree play in JUNK offenses in college, that scares me a bit.

I'd rather see a DE taken......

honz
09-13-2008, 09:29 PM
I think Crabtree could be a top notch #1 WR in the NFL. I'm not so sure about Macklin.

Northman
09-13-2008, 09:33 PM
My only concern with Maclin is his proneness to injury. But when healthy he is explosive. Obviously, we still need a crapload of D help but thats another story alltogether.

Nomad
09-14-2008, 07:59 AM
USC/OSU, what a boring game! I went to bed before the half. I'd like to see Joe Pa and co win the Big 10 this year. And I'd like to see a USC/OU NCG. I love the SEC but I don't think Georgia will make it there.

elsid13
09-14-2008, 08:19 AM
Southern Cal and Ohio State wasn't even close. OSU didn't belong on that field, it a joke that they have played in championship game the last couple of years because of easy conference.

MOtorboat
09-14-2008, 08:22 AM
Southern Cal and Ohio State wasn't even close. OSU didn't belong on that field, it a joke that they have played in championship game the last couple of years because of easy conference.

*cough*Playoff*cough*cough*

elsid13
09-14-2008, 08:24 AM
*cough*Playoff*cough*cough*

Agree. I-AA does it, and hurt those kids, since most of those school are harder academically then the big school.

MOtorboat
09-14-2008, 08:29 AM
Agree. I-AA does it, and hurt those kids, since most of those school are harder academically then the big school.

Well, I'd argue against whether those schools are harder to go to or not...its just that so many of the big-school kids aren't there for academics...and, btw...the playoffs don't hurt the kids at all. It's like a regular Saturday game. They fly out on Friday, get back on Sunday...

The academic argument from the college presidents is stupid.

Nomad
09-14-2008, 08:30 AM
It's all about the $$$$$$$$

MOtorboat
09-14-2008, 08:30 AM
It's all about the $$$$$$$$

...which they'd probably make more of with a playoff system...

Nomad
09-14-2008, 08:34 AM
...which they'd probably make more of with a playoff system...

:noidea:Some conference presidents seem to disagree, plus they also know in a playoff system their teams would never sniff a NCG "cough" Big 10! I agree on the playoffs being needed.

MOtorboat
09-14-2008, 08:35 AM
:noidea:Some conference presidents seem to disagree, plus they also know in a playoff system their teams would never sniff a NCG "cough" Big 10! I agree on the playoffs being needed.

The Big 10 is the problem.

108 vs. 11...the Big 10 can't even count right...:rolleyes:

We're never going to see it though...

Bronco9798
09-14-2008, 08:37 AM
Notre Dame 2-0!!! My Irish got a big win yesterday. Still not sold on no more than probably 7 wins at the most, but nice to see them win 2 in a row at the beginning of the season!!

Nomad
09-14-2008, 08:37 AM
PAC 10 also because supposedly the Big 10/Pac10 do not want to ruin the tradition of the Rose Bowl!:rolleyes:

MOtorboat
09-14-2008, 08:42 AM
Notre Dame 2-0!!! My Irish got a big win yesterday. Still not sold on no more than probably 7 wins at the most, but nice to see them win 2 in a row at the beginning of the season!!

Could be as good as 8-4, as I see it...
Pittsburgh, Navy and Syracuse are probably wins...that gets you to five. They can beat Washington, six. That means to get to eight, they need to win any two of Michigan State, Stanford, Boston College.

Northman
09-14-2008, 11:02 AM

Yea, and a lot of that is because some of those presidents realize that schools like (OSU) has a corner on the market because of the pre-season rankings. As Elsid pointed out, OSU hasnt belonged in the top 10 for the last 2 years but because of easy schedules continue to be there and continue to get embarrassed by better teams. The presidents realize that if the playing field was more level the chances on their schools making a decent bowl or playoffs would go down significantly. Its a bunch of crap but until it is changed thats how it is unfortuantely.

Simple Jaded
09-15-2008, 12:22 PM
Notre Dame beat Michigan......Woooow...:rolleyes:

This is the worst Michigan team in decades......

BroncoAV06
09-15-2008, 10:28 PM
OSU has the talent but they just do not show up in the big games. Pryor has a chacne to change that for them in the future a game changer at QB which they lack at the moment. I can see bashing conferences but not every conference is going to be full of good teams all the time. The SEC has its moments as well. Playoffs would be nice but there is way to much money involved in all the bowl games for that to happen, not just the BCS it goes all the way to the International Bowl.

Good weekend of football. Bummed that I missed the USC/OSU game at first because I have Lobo season tickets and they were playing (Bought into the hype) but got to see a good game from my Lobos and them knock of Arizona again! The Fresno/Wisconsin game was a good way to end the day as well, struggle between two solid teams.

Skinny
09-20-2008, 12:00 PM
Big play by Coffee for Bama. 87 yard TD run. Nice speed.

Northman
09-20-2008, 12:07 PM
ECU 14, N.C State 7

honz
09-20-2008, 12:07 PM
I get to see my Utes take on Air Force on TV today at 2:00. Go Utes!

Northman
09-20-2008, 12:09 PM

Utes SHOULD win that easily. I dont think Air Force is that good this year.

Skinny
09-20-2008, 12:14 PM
INT Arenas... 63 yard TD. Bama up 21-0.

honz
09-20-2008, 12:15 PM
Utes SHOULD win that easily. I dont think Air Force is that good this year.
Yeah, Air Force doesn't have the greatest team this year, but they are always dangerous. It should be a decent test for the Utes.

Skinny
09-20-2008, 12:43 PM
Wilson returns to give emotional speech to Vols
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- The best thing for Tennessee would be for Al Wilson to suit up and take the field later Saturday.

Of course, that's not going to happen. But the Vols might have received the next best thing Friday afternoon when Wilson returned to campus and delivered one of his patented fire-and-brimstone speeches to the Tennessee players.

The timing probably couldn't have been any better, either. Florida linebacker Brandon Spikes said earlier this week that the Tennessee players quit last season in the Gators' 59-20 drubbing of the Vols at the Swamp.

A few of the people who were in the locker room Friday said the hair on their arm was standing up by the time Wilson finished. The former Tennessee All-America linebacker was the heart and soul of the Vols' 1998 national championship team and just recently retired from the NFL after going to the Pro Bowl five times with the Denver Broncos.

He forced a school-record three fumbles against Florida in the 1998 game, a 20-17 win in overtime for the Vols.

As great a player as Wilson was at Tennessee, he was an even better leader and willed the Vols to win several times during that 13-0 season in 1998. His speeches -- dripping with emotion -- have become legendary.

His teammates still marvel at the one he gave at halftime of the 1997 SEC championship game. The Vols hadn't played very well in the first half against Auburn and several of the players, including Peyton Manning, appeared tight. Wilson went ballistic at the half, wrecked the locker room and got up in teammates' faces and challenged their manhood.

To this day, players on that team say they've never played harder than they did in the second half of that game. The Vols went on to win 30-29, their first SEC title during the championship game era of the conference.

Wilson, who's now living in Atlanta, will be honored at halftime Saturday as the Vols' legend.ESPN-U (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/sec/0-1-432/Wilson-returns-to-give-emotional-speech-to-Vols.html)

Northman
09-20-2008, 02:30 PM
The Wolfpack upset ECU in Overtime. 30-24

Northman
09-20-2008, 02:46 PM
Watching UNC/VaTech now. seems like its going to be a good game.

WTE
09-20-2008, 03:15 PM
Florida up big on Tenn. 17-0.

Tennessee sucks without Jerod Mayo.

honz
09-20-2008, 03:24 PM
TD Utes! 7-0, Utah over Air Force.

honz
09-20-2008, 04:06 PM
10 - 9 Air Force. :tsk:

Utes have made a couple of costly errors and have paid for it. They better start playing smarter or Air Force will make them pay.

Northman
09-20-2008, 04:07 PM
Wow, AF putting up a good fight.

honz
09-20-2008, 04:12 PM
:tsk: Another turnover by Johnson...17-9 Air Force.

honz
09-20-2008, 05:19 PM
The Utes are up 23-16 now. They should hold on to win this one after a terribly sloppy performance.

honz
09-20-2008, 05:42 PM
23-23. God dammit, Utah! All those turnovers may just come back to bite us in the ass.

Nice pass on 3rd and 8...first down Utah! Utes have it at about the 50 with just over 3 minutes left.

MOtorboat
09-20-2008, 05:51 PM
Ladies and gentleman, I introduce to you, a fan:

Yeah, Air Force doesn't have the greatest team this year, but they are always dangerous. It should be a decent test for the Utes.

TD Utes! 7-0, Utah over Air Force.

10 - 9 Air Force. :tsk:

Utes have made a couple of costly errors and have paid for it. They better start playing smarter or Air Force will make them pay.

:tsk: Another turnover by Johnson...17-9 Air Force.

The Utes are up 23-16 now. They should hold on to win this one after a terribly sloppy performance.

23-23. God dammit, Utah! All those turnovers may just come back to bite us in the ass.

Nice pass on 3rd and 8...first down Utah! Utes have it at about the 50 with just over 3 minutes left.

honz
09-20-2008, 05:53 PM
TD UTES! Thank god. Only 56 seconds left!

Hey, at least I'm not talking to myself, MO. Oh wait...nevermind.

Nomad
09-20-2008, 06:31 PM
WAZZU having a rough year so far! They are struggling against a Portland St team which game is on FSNW.

Nomad
09-20-2008, 08:47 PM
WAZZU must of woke up and looks like they'll get their first win of the season! 31-3 in the 3rd against Portland St, woo-hoo!

Nomad
09-20-2008, 09:06 PM
Portland State's uniform looks like the prisoners unis from the 'Longest Yard' with Burt Reynolds!

Northman
09-20-2008, 09:22 PM
Man, Wake Forest has tried desperately to give this game tonight to FSU but the Noles just keep self destructing. lmao

honz
09-25-2008, 11:23 PM
Neither USC or Ohio State looks all that impressive to me. Ohio State is overrated as usual, but USC is probably a little overrated as well. The Nat'l Championship is wide open this year IMO...nobody looks unbeatable so far.
QFT :cool:

BMF Bronco
09-26-2008, 12:09 AM
Feisty Beavers all over Trojans!

you just can't script a better headline!

honz
09-26-2008, 12:26 AM
Feisty Beavers all over Trojans!

you just can't script a better headline!

:rofl: I didn't think about that. Good stuff.

rcsodak
09-26-2008, 12:51 AM
HAHHAHAHAHAHA.....

Talk about OVERRATED!!!!!

Just shows how much Ohio State was overrated as well!

I wonder if there'll be ANY major teams undefeated this year?

Northman
09-26-2008, 12:57 AM
I wonder if there'll be ANY major teams undefeated this year?

Good point, ought to be interesting Saturday with #8 Bama against #2 Georgia. The tide have a pretty solid club there.

Nomad
09-26-2008, 05:38 AM
It's awesome to wake up and see the Beavers beat USC again! They've beaten the Trojans the last 3 out of 4 games. Should throw a wrinkle in the analysts projected BCSCG teams because this should dropped the Trojans out of the top 5 at least. But I don't see any team going undefeated this year!! This makes the Buckeyes jumping for joy.

Skinny
09-26-2008, 06:07 AM
Oregon St. really came to play last night. Good game, good atmosphere, good Beaver.

honz
09-26-2008, 09:04 AM
Does anyone else hate how every year the CFB analysts say something like "This may be the best USC team Pete Carroll has ever had"...and then they generally choke a game or two away.

Northman
09-26-2008, 10:12 AM
Does anyone else hate how every year the CFB analysts say something like "This may be the best USC team Pete Carroll has ever had"...and then they generally choke a game or two away.

Yes, and i continue to laugh at them when they lose like they did last night. :laugh:

Denver Native (Carol)
09-26-2008, 06:51 PM
For all who will be watching Oklahoma on FSN tomorrow night - my son will be the head referee :salute:

Nomad
09-26-2008, 10:12 PM
For all who will be watching Oklahoma on FSN tomorrow night - my son will be the head referee :salute:

I'll look for him!:salute:

Denver Native (Carol)
09-26-2008, 10:29 PM
I'll look for him!:salute:

Just don't yell at him :laugh:

honz
09-26-2008, 11:09 PM
I hope he doesn't pull an Ed Hochuli and screw over the Oklahoma! Go Sooners!

That is a sweet job though...I bet he loves it.

MOtorboat
09-27-2008, 01:10 AM
Retarded TV schedules suck ass.

Colorado-Florida State will be shown in the north on ESPN, while Wisconsin-Michigan will be shown in the south. How ****** up is that.

seriously...that's just bullshit.

Nomad
09-27-2008, 07:08 AM

I'm sure OU will route TCU so he'll have a pretty easy game:D! Refs have one of the hardest jobs and I commend your son!!

Nomad
09-27-2008, 07:26 AM
Some games that interest me today!

OSU/Minn - Go Gophers!

Wisc/Mich - Badgers win!

Ark/Tex - I hate the Longhorns!

Purdue/ND - I'm sure the Boilermakers win!

Oregon/WAZZU - Gotta go for the Cougs!

LSU/Miss St - Hope LSU doesn't let their guard down and play to MSSTs level 'trap game'

OU/TCU - To see Carol's son ref:D

Ala/Georgia - Tough call but Dawgs win!

Penn State/Ill - Nittany Lions!!

Wash/Stanford - I'll probably be asleep but I always like seeing the Huskies lose!

Tenn/Auburn - Ooops! I forgot to add this one in, Go Rocky Top!!

MOtorboat
09-27-2008, 10:27 AM
Some games that interest me today!

OSU/Minn - Go Gophers!

I think Ohio State wins easily.

Wisc/Mich - Badgers win!

Agreed, Badgers, easily.

Ark/Tex - I hate the Longhorns!

I'm not a big Longhorn fan, either, but they will roll Arkansas.

Purdue/ND - I'm sure the Boilermakers win!

At home for ND...I'll take ND. I'm not sold on Purdue.

Oregon/WAZZU - Gotta go for the Cougs!

But Oregon wins. :D

LSU/Miss St - Hope LSU doesn't let their guard down and play to MSSTs level 'trap game'

No way, LSU rolls.

OU/TCU - To see Carol's son ref:D

Sleeper game of the day...OU, but close.

This is going to be a slug fest. Can't wait. I'll take the upset, Al-a-bama.

Penn State/Ill - Nittany Lions!!

Beaver Stadium...no way Illinois wins. They are a completely different offense without Mendenhall.

Wash/Stanford - I'll probably be asleep but I always like seeing the Huskies lose!

I'll take Stanford.

Tenn/Auburn - Ooops! I forgot to add this one in, Go Rocky Top!!

Auburn slaughters them. :D

Va-Tech-Nebraska: Give me Nebraska in a good one.

Colorado-Florida State: Florida State in a close one...I just don't think the Buffs have it in them to win in Jacksonville...not yet...

I forgot one too...Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns with the upset of Kansas State!

Skinny
09-27-2008, 10:57 AM
Early games i've got Clemson/Maryland. I'll take the Tigers.

UNC/Miami. This would be a great game if Yates was able to go but since he's not, i think Miami wins this game pretty handily at home. Never know though.

Ole Miss/Florida. Gators.

Northman
09-27-2008, 11:46 AM
MB

This is going to be a slug fest. Can't wait. I'll take the upset, Al-a-bama.

Im feeling the upset as well. Bama is good.

MOtorboat
09-27-2008, 01:44 PM
ESPN has a couple of entertaining ones early. This Michigan State-Indiana game is a pretty good one, and so is the North Carolina-Miami game, too. When I saw those two games were the only early games I had, I was a disappointed, but good games...

Northman
09-27-2008, 02:10 PM
Upsets are already brewing.

Maryland- 20
Clemson- 17

Mississippi- 24
Florida- 17

Skinny
09-27-2008, 02:15 PM
Upsets are already brewing.

Maryland- 20
Clemson- 17

Mississippi- 24
Florida- 17Maryland pulls off the upset. Terps defense played really good. Spiller could'nt stay on the feild due to cramps.

Northman
09-27-2008, 02:19 PM
Maryland pulls off the upset. Terps defense played really good. Spiller could'nt stay on the feild due to cramps.

Yea, they pulled that off. And even though neither team was ranked UNC defeated Miami 28-24 in a great game there. And of course, my Cavaliers have looked outstanding against Duke today getting routed 31-3 as speak. :lol:

MOtorboat
09-27-2008, 02:23 PM
Yea, they pulled that off. And even though neither team was ranked UNC defeated Miami 28-24 in a great game there. And of course, my Cavaliers have looked outstanding against Duke today getting routed 31-3 as speak. :lol:

Duke!?!?!

:rofl:

Buff
09-27-2008, 02:24 PM
Go Buffs!

MOtorboat
09-27-2008, 02:33 PM
Go Buffs!

Well...it is on ESPN 360 apparently...at least Mediacom subscribes to that...otherwise their service is pretty shitty...

Skinny
09-27-2008, 02:33 PM
Duke!?!?!

:rofl:They beat Clemson a few years back at home. I've been ribbin Clemson fans ever since. Something to the effect that.... Yeah, all 40 blue Devil fans rushed the feild....

And a reporter ask one of the Clemson players how it felt losing to Duke, he said.... Man, i've been playing here for 8 years, we ai'nt never lost to Duke.....

:D

MOtorboat
09-27-2008, 02:35 PM
Touchdown Ole Miss!

30-24...XP pending...

elsid13
09-27-2008, 02:39 PM
UF vs Old Miss is great game.

elsid13
09-27-2008, 02:40 PM
Havin is tough little ******. No way he successful in the pros, but he is helluva a college player

elsid13
09-27-2008, 02:42 PM
ESPN360 just turned off the UF/Old Miss game ******s!

MOtorboat
09-27-2008, 02:42 PM
Havin is tough little ******. No way he successful in the pros, but he is helluva a college player

I dunno...him and Maclin are kind of the same player, and they are both kind of like Eddie Royal, but maybe even faster...just saying,..

Skinny
09-27-2008, 02:43 PM
Havin is tough little ******. No way he successful in the pros, but he is helluva a college playerYeah, not as a RB. Could play a role like Royal is playing with us though i think.

MOtorboat
09-27-2008, 02:44 PM
Yeah, not as a RB. Could play a role like Royal is playing with us though i think.

He's a WR...I don't think he'd be considered a running back in any other system than the spread in college.

elsid13
09-27-2008, 02:44 PM
OLD MISS just blocked the Extra Point!

MOtorboat
09-27-2008, 02:45 PM
OLD MISS just blocked the Extra Point!

Awesomeness.

elsid13
Yeah, not as a RB. Could play a role like Royal is playing with us though i think.

I see Peter Warrick career for Harvin in the NFL

MOtorboat
Bad Start for CU...Cody fumbled and Florida State is down inside the 25 already.

Skinny
09-27-2008, 02:46 PM
I see Peter Warrick career for Harvin in the NFLI could see that too.

elsid13
09-27-2008, 02:48 PM
Houston Nutt is shitty coach.

MOtorboat
09-27-2008, 02:50 PM
Florida with the ball under 2:00...I bet they win...

elsid13
09-27-2008, 02:51 PM
Harvin having a day.

elsid13
09-27-2008, 02:52 PM
UF driving on Old Miss 40

MOtorboat
09-27-2008, 02:52 PM
To the 40...need about five yards for a FG...they'll get more than that...

Ugh...so close for Mr. Sneed.

Skinny
09-27-2008, 02:54 PM
Ole Miss defense playing a hell of a game.

elsid13
09-27-2008, 02:55 PM
two close deep throws. UF might lose if they continue to make plays like that

MOtorboat
09-27-2008, 02:56 PM
That was one hell of a spot for Florida.

MOtorboat
09-27-2008, 02:57 PM
...and it's gonna be moved back. Good call self.

Skinny
09-27-2008, 02:58 PM
Ole Miss wins!

Georgia/Bama just got even bigger!

Northman
09-27-2008, 02:58 PM
Wow, Florida didnt even give their kicker a chance and they were in range. lmao

Nice win by Ole Miss.

elsid13
09-27-2008, 02:59 PM
UF stopped. Old Miss WIN!

MOtorboat
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

MOtorboat
Dumbest coaching move you'll see all day...lol

MOtorboat
09-27-2008, 03:05 PM
Touchdown CU! Josh Smith!

ChampWJ
09-27-2008, 03:12 PM
Thank you Ole Miss!

Skinny
09-27-2008, 03:16 PM
Dayuuuuum! Stewart with a little pop!

MOtorboat
09-27-2008, 03:17 PM
Dayuuuuum! Stewart with a little pop!

Damn skippy!

Skinny
09-27-2008, 03:42 PM
What a game going on in Tallahassee.

MOtorboat
09-27-2008, 03:44 PM
What a game going on in Tallahassee.

I HATE running out of the spread formation...

Simple Jaded
09-27-2008, 03:46 PM

The Spread is a F'ing disease......

MOtorboat
09-27-2008, 03:46 PM

Good call self...

The lack of yardage on first down cost CU those points. :tsk:

MOtorboat
09-27-2008, 04:03 PM
This is ridiculous.

16-0 Wisconsin
31-3 Texas

And I'm stuck watching the best mid-day ABC game on freakin' ESPN360!

Broncospsycho77
09-27-2008, 04:11 PM
Ugh, CU is driving me nuts. Every time Hawkins gets pressure, he overthrows an open WR.

MOtorboat
09-27-2008, 04:13 PM
Ugh, CU is driving me nuts. Every time Hawkins gets pressure, he overthrows an open WR.

Four times now...two of them sure touchdowns, too...plus Myron Rolle made that great tackle on Stewart that saved a TD too...

Kirk Farentz' fate has been sealed today, imo...

MOtorboat
09-27-2008, 04:13 PM
Shit.

ApaOps5
09-27-2008, 04:15 PM
Ugh and FSU gets the ball back after half too.

Broncospsycho77
09-27-2008, 04:25 PM
Yuck. Nasty turn of events there. I don't see them getting back into this one, after that mess. Being undefeated was fun while it lasted.

honz
09-27-2008, 04:43 PM
This TV schedule is killing me...back to video games until the late games.:coffee:

MOtorboat
09-27-2008, 04:47 PM
this tv schedule is killing me...back to video games until the late games.:coffee:

espn 360...

Nomad
09-27-2008, 04:48 PM
ND playing a tough game against Purdue

honz
09-27-2008, 04:49 PM
espn 360...
I don't get it here...and it pisses me off.

ApaOps5
The CU defense is timid now. Damn it Cody Hawkins you need to make those 2 TD passes.

MOtorboat
45-3...switch games already!

MOtorboat
09-27-2008, 04:59 PM
They may not be playing very well, but at least I get to watch it on my TV.

MOtorboat
09-27-2008, 05:23 PM
CU getting screwed all over the place.

Both calls were bullshit.

Nomad
09-27-2008, 05:36 PM
WOW! WAZZU killing themselves with 2 TOs on their end and Ducks captilize off both TOs.

Nomad
09-27-2008, 05:44 PM
Refs sucking today from my sons' game to this WAZZU game!

MOtorboat
09-27-2008, 05:48 PM
Where did this Michigan onslaught come from?

I hadn't turned over here since the half....and its now 27-19 Michigan!

MOtorboat
09-27-2008, 05:58 PM
Wisconsin touchdown...wow...

MOtorboat
09-27-2008, 05:59 PM
How can you have an ineligible receiver down field on a two-yard play?

ApaOps5
09-27-2008, 06:17 PM
Man Cody Hawkins just sucks. Too bad he is the only QB CU has that can be at least slightly below average.

Northman
09-27-2008, 06:48 PM
Cant believe that CU lost to FSU. Wow

Nomad
09-27-2008, 06:56 PM
Miss St came to play! Today's been a day of upsets and MSST trying for another one. LSU better get it together!!!!!!!!!! Anxious for the Ala/Georgia game! My remote may need more batteries.:D

Nomad
09-27-2008, 06:59 PM
I guess the Ala/Geo game is on :drinking: Alabama scores!!!! Where's WJ!!!

elsid13
09-27-2008, 07:08 PM
Freaking A! I get Nebraska/VaTech instead of Penn State

ApaOps5
09-27-2008, 07:09 PM
You live in DC Elsid thats why. I hope VT trounces the pink skirts but I doubt it.

MOtorboat
09-27-2008, 07:10 PM
You live in DC Elsid thats why. I hope VT trounces the pink skirts but I doubt it.

Go Nebraska!

Va-Tech went old school with the unis...or is that their traditional road jersey?

elsid13
09-27-2008, 07:10 PM

I know, there are more Hokies then I know what to do with. My sister is actual marrying one. :tsk:

Northman
09-27-2008, 07:11 PM
Screw the Cornholes. I hate them just as much as the Chokies but can settle for the Chokies because of our boy Royal.

elsid13
09-27-2008, 07:11 PM
ESPN360 is so cool.

ApaOps5
09-27-2008, 07:12 PM
Go Nebraska!

Va-Tech went old school with the unis...or is that their traditional road jersey?

Wait you were rooting for CU today and rooting for Nebrasux tonight? Thats like polar opposites black hole destruction of our galaxy type stuff!

elsid13
09-27-2008, 07:12 PM
Screw the Cornholes. I hate them just as much as the Chokies but can settle for the Chokies because of our boy Royal.

Sound like someone team got beat by Duke. :D

Go TRIBE!