PDA

View Full Version : How does Kuper's #s compare to the big boys

BOSSHOGG30
04-15-2008, 03:21 PM
I know numbers don't really mean that much as far as translation on the field, but I think this is interesting anyways since Denver is considering Kuper as their answer at LT for now........

40 YD Dash
1. Chris Kuper---5.10
2.a Chris Williams---5.17
2.b Jake Long------5.17
3. Ryan Clady------5.18
4. Jeff Otah--------5.56

10 YD Dash
1. Long--------1.76
2.a Kuper------1.78
2.b Williams----1.78
3. Clady-------1.76

20 YD Dash
1.a Kuper-----2.96
1.b Clady-----2.96
2. Long-------2.97
3. Williams----2.98

Short Shuttle
1. Kuper------4.60
2.a Clady-----4.73
2.b Long------4.73
3. Williams----4.85
4. Thomas----4.88

3 Cone:
1. Clady------7.09
2. Long-------7.44
3. Kuper------7.59
4. Cherlius----7.60
5. Williams---7.95

Bench
1. Long---------37
2.a Kuper-------24
2.b Clady-------24
3. Williams------21

Vertical Jump
1. Clady---------31''
2. Kuper---------30''
3. Long----------27.5''
4. Williams-------25''
5. Cherlius-------23''
6. Otah----------22.5''

Long Jump:
1. Kuper--------9'1''
2. Clady----------9'
3. Williams------8'7''
4.a Long--------8'6''
4.b Cherlius-----8'6''

Skinny
04-15-2008, 03:32 PM
Good stuff ...

I really like Kuper alot. I would love to see him raise his game this year and be a staple along the O-line. Give use fans a little peice of mind on somebody up front ... it's his time ...

NameUsedBefore
04-15-2008, 04:18 PM
I could care less how high he can jump; the only thing that matters is his ability to block which is a big fat question mark right now.

Buff
04-15-2008, 04:34 PM
I'm gonna go on record right now and say Chris Kuper will never play a snap at tackle... Obviously, judging from the numbers, he's got the athleticism to do so-- But I think Shanny was just throwing up smokescreens talking about Kuper at LT, masking the obvious fact that we intend to take an OT in round 1...

When has Shanahan ever been known to forecast a depth chart this far out? Normally he'd just give some line about how the best guy will play at every position, but suddenly he's more than willing to let everyone know who the #1 is in his mind?

I don't buy it... Though I do think it's a legitimate fall-back plan, I don't think it will ever come to fruition.

Drill-N-Fill
04-15-2008, 05:01 PM
I'm gonna go on record right now and say Chris Kuper will never play a snap at tackle... Obviously, judging from the numbers, he's got the athleticism to do so-- But I think Shanny was just throwing up smokescreens talking about Kuper at LT, masking the obvious fact that we intend to take an OT in round 1...

When has Shanahan ever been known to forecast a depth chart this far out? Normally he'd just give some line about how the best guy will play at every position, but suddenly he's more than willing to let everyone know who the #1 is in his mind?

I don't buy it... Though I do think it's a legitimate fall-back plan, I don't think it will ever come to fruition.

There could be some truth to what you say in order for Shanny to get his big man...but an article had this...

Chris Kuper has been watching tape of Matt Lepsis from the 2005 and 2007 seasons to get a jump-start on his likely move from guard to tackle in upcoming camps.

"So if I wind up kicking out, I'll be prepared," Kuper said.

It has been widely rumored the Broncos will select an offensive tackle in a deep draft at the position in a couple weeks.

"It wouldn't surprise me, but it's going to be competition either way," Kuper said, adding he wants to play in the position that gives him the best chance to start, whether at guard or tackle.

"I don't see anybody handed the job. That's not my experience here."

Buff
04-15-2008, 06:35 PM
There could be some truth to what you say in order for Shanny to get his big man...but an article had this...

Chris Kuper has been watching tape of Matt Lepsis from the 2005 and 2007 seasons to get a jump-start on his likely move from guard to tackle in upcoming camps.

"So if I wind up kicking out, I'll be prepared," Kuper said.

It has been widely rumored the Broncos will select an offensive tackle in a deep draft at the position in a couple weeks.

"It wouldn't surprise me, but it's going to be competition either way," Kuper said, adding he wants to play in the position that gives him the best chance to start, whether at guard or tackle.

"I don't see anybody handed the job. That's not my experience here."

Yeah, I read that as well... Who knows, maybe I'm wrong and Shanny has told him to get ready to play either position-- It makes sense, even if we do draft a 1st round LT, there will still be competition and there has to be a backup plan. I just have to think moving Kuper to LT is more of a plan B... Or, it should be.

r8rh8r
04-15-2008, 07:35 PM
Kuper all ready too a snap at tackle. He played some right tackle last season.

Oh and, this is my new favorite post. Jonathan Stewart, anyone?

BOSSHOGG30
04-15-2008, 07:41 PM
Kuper all ready too a snap at tackle. He played some right tackle last season.

Oh and, this is my new favorite post. Jonathan Stewart, anyone?

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o5/bosshogg30/Stewart.jpg

Sign me up!

Nature Boy
04-15-2008, 08:11 PM
The Broncos need to address their O-Line, particularly the OT position before spending their #12 on J. Stewart. A healthy and concentrated Travis Henry(who publicly said he wants to do right for the Broncs after last year's drama), Selvin Young and Andre Hall will hold it down. Plus, speedster and Portis like, Jamaal Charles of Texas can be had in the 2nd, possible high 3rd rounder if we're lucky.

BroncoJoe
04-15-2008, 08:16 PM
For me, when considering an OL, I would think the bench result would be important.

Long kicked butt. Kuper appears average.

TXBRONC
04-15-2008, 08:46 PM
When we drafted him three years ago I remember hearing that coaches thought he had the quickness to play tackle.

wandlc
04-16-2008, 12:13 AM
Also, the more Kuper started the better he played. His best game blocking was the last game of the year. That is the type of progression you want to see in a young offensive lineman. I think Kuper will continue to progress and do well on the line this coming season, whether it is G or T.

WARHORSE
04-16-2008, 01:46 AM
We're gonna find out real soon here what the Broncos think about Kuper and Harris.

Only a week and a half before domination.

lol............

Ziggy
04-16-2008, 08:15 AM
Smokescreen? Truth? I say both. We're all guessing at this time of year, so I'll go on record with mine. I think Denver drafts a LT, and Kuper ends up starting at RT this season. We all know that Pears isn't the answer over there.

BOSSHOGG30
04-16-2008, 08:48 AM
Didn't Lepsis play tightend before he played LT? Shanahan seems to like guys who can move well to play LT... Kuper might be the most athletic option we have. I still think Kuper plays RT and Harris plays LT.

Harris played really good in the game versus the Vikings at the end of last season. The Vikings have a very good defense and our offensive line held their own.

lex
04-16-2008, 09:45 AM
Didn't Lepsis play tightend before he played LT? Shanahan seems to like guys who can move well to play LT... Kuper might be the most athletic option we have. I still think Kuper plays RT and Harris plays LT.

Harris played really good in the game versus the Vikings at the end of last season. The Vikings have a very good defense and our offensive line held their own.

Actually, the Vikings have very good defensive tackles and will be looking to upgrade at DE...and I was seeing this even before Udezes affliction became known. And I would actually say that of all the bright spots to take away from that Minnesota game, Kuper sticks out the most. He effectively neutralized the DT across from him...as matter of fact I think I remember Shanahan singling him out. Its that plus the numbers that have been posted that makes me hold him in high regard. Id actually like to see him at Tackle but possibly more at RT depending on Harris. LT is a more important position so if Kuper is better at LT it might make sense to put him there but if Harris or Pears can hold their own at LT, Id like Kuper at RT and maybe draft one of the Clemson OL to play Guard at some point in the future...or maybe Zuttah.

Nature Boy
04-16-2008, 09:13 PM
Chris Kuper has better measurable numbers than this year's top OT prospects. Was he not invited to the combine? With numbers like that, I'm surprised he was not drafted higher than 3rd. Guess it's the small school that he went to.

TXBRONC
04-16-2008, 09:22 PM
Chris Kuper has better measurable numbers than this year's top OT prospects. Was he not invited to the combine? With numbers like that, I'm surprised he was not drafted higher than 3rd. Guess it's the small school that he went to.

I don't think was invited to the combine. I believe Chri didn't go in the first round because he played at divison IAA school and he wasn't well over 300 lbs.