PDA

View Full Version : Should Denver draft a RB within the first four rounds?

broncofaninfla
04-05-2010, 07:50 AM
Denver has a second year back who wore down as the season progressed and two vets in Arrington and Buckhalter who have a history of injury problems. Should Denver draft a RB within the first four rounds?

Nomad
04-05-2010, 07:58 AM
I guess I'd wear down too if my oline couldn't block for shit and I was getting pounded behind the LOS! Just saying!

CoachChaz
04-05-2010, 07:58 AM
The guy wearing down was a rookie that isnt use to a 16 game schedule and missed a little bit of getting in shape for it while waiting on a contract. If someone of significant value is there...maybe. But if guys like Tomlinson, Jones, Parker, Johnson, etc can all be picked up for next to nothing in one off-season...it doesnt seem like we really have a need to spend a draft pick on a back-up right away

broncofaninfla
04-05-2010, 08:06 AM
I'd like to see us add some depth to this postion. IMO our best back is a gimpy vet in Buck, Moreno is expected to get better but he hasn't shown he can carry the load or even deserves to for that matter, and gimpy Arrington is at best a situational back. I'd like to see Denver add a RB in the 3rd/4th round for depth as I'm not convinced we can get a full season out of the stable we currently have.

Lancane
04-05-2010, 08:19 AM
It would be utterly stupid on their part if they did, especially if they trade Marshall, they need to fix the offensive line and the receiver corps. And I have a feeling that of the first five picks that two will be offensive lineman and two receivers. The other will likely be used to help bolster the defensive line. After that, I could see it...but before? Not smart football.

Rick
04-05-2010, 08:21 AM
Im all in favor of giving the guy we picked high last year a line to run behind and see what he does before I look for his replacement.

TXBRONC
04-05-2010, 08:30 AM
Denver has a second year back who wore down as the season progressed and two vets in Arrington and Buckhalter who have a history of injury problems. Should Denver draft a RB within the first four rounds?

If we draft a running back I hope it's later than the 3rd round.

SOCALORADO.
04-05-2010, 08:34 AM
A NFL team can never have enough healthy RBs.
A 2 back system is how the most succesful NFL teams run their
offense today, so drafting one RB, in the 4th or beyond is really no big deal.
MIN just lost CTaylor, and they have the premier RB in the league, but i bet they still
draft another to run tandem with him.

broncofaninfla
04-05-2010, 08:48 AM
Im all in favor of giving the guy we picked high last year a line to run behind and see what he does before I look for his replacement.

When healthy, Buck didn't seem to have any issues running behind the line Denver had last season. How much of it was line and how much of it was Moreno last year?

Lancane
04-05-2010, 08:56 AM
A NFL team can never have enough healthy RBs.
A 2 back system is how the most succesful NFL teams run their
offense today, so drafting one RB, in the 4th or beyond is really no big deal.
MIN just lost CTaylor, and they have the premier RB in the league, but i bet they still
draft another to run tandem with him.

Yes and Minnesota has less holes then us, so they have the luxury of such a pick...unless Farve retires and they may make a move to trade up.

If Shanahan taught anything to us it's that you can have a dominant running game without overspending at the position, we have a workhorse back who I feel will have a breakout year, add in Buckhalter, Arrington and likely a strong rookie who will have dual roles such as H-Back, Powerback and at times Fullback, that makes sense.

Lancane
04-05-2010, 09:01 AM
When healthy, Buck didn't seem to have any issues running behind the line Denver had last season. How much of it was line and how much of it was Moreno last year?

Moreno hails from a program that uses a totally different blocking scheme, one that uses less traps and cuts, simply it's man to man and he was use to finding the gaps. And with that he still got near a 1,000 yards, what we need is a back who is big enough to get the hard yards, power it in the endzone and knows how to block well.

CoachChaz
04-05-2010, 09:05 AM

While I still think the OL needs a little re-tooling, i wont say Moreno is completely devoid of any blame. But with another season, I think he'll be more dynamic. I'm not ready to give up on him quite yet

SOCALORADO.
04-05-2010, 09:07 AM
Yes and Minnesota has less holes then us, so they have the luxury of such a pick...unless Farve retires and they may make a move to trade up.

If Shanahan taught anything to us it's that you can have a dominant running game without overspending at the position, we have a workhorse back who I feel will have a breakout year, add in Buckhalter, Arrington and likely a strong rookie who will have dual roles such as H-Back, Powerback and at times Fullback, that makes sense.

RB is never a "luxury position" Never has been, never will be. For any team.
And shanny always had a stable of RBs. he never let the well go dry, and when he was at his most arrogant, he used 7 RBs!
I dont know if your agruing just to argue, or your trying to make a point, but most of DENs back ups have a major injury history.
Fullback is almost never used in the spread system MCD runs.
So drafting a RB from the 4th on to compete and have a healthy depth chart for the long, unforseen season ahead makes sense.

Lancane
04-05-2010, 09:17 AM
And shanny always had a stable of RBs. he never let the well go dry, and when he was at his most arrogant, he used 7 RBs!
I dont know if your agruing just to argue, or your trying to make a point, but most of DENs back ups have a major injury history.
So drafting a RB from the 4th on to compete and have a healthy depth chart for the long, unforseen season ahead makes sense.

It is a luxury pick when your F'n offensive line is depleted and your receiving corps. looks comparable to a weak collegiate programs'...add in that you have a decent overall stable, it is bad management. That would be like St. Louis drafting Spiller or Bryant with the first overall pick, they already have a pretty stellar running back, so they add another... or they add a number one receiver, but then who throws or hands off the damn balls?

I do believe we will draft a bigger more powerful halfback in the fourth round or beyond. But if we took Matthews, Spiller or used a second or third round pick on a tailback, then McDaniels needs to call his daddy for supplemental lessons on football 101.

broncofaninfla
04-05-2010, 09:38 AM

I agree but also feel scheme/game planning was a HUGE part of Denvers rushing success and not so sure our current scheme is as effective.

TXBRONC
04-05-2010, 09:46 AM

Socal, I have to agree with Lancane here. Right now in comparison to other positions running back is a "luxury pick". If Denver is to take a running back I would that wouldn't be any earlier than the 4th round however, I would rather we not take one at all. I would bet that Denver will be able to find an undrafted rookie who could step in and help from some other veteran free agents that could help bolster the running back corp.

SOCALORADO.
04-05-2010, 09:46 AM
It is a luxury pick when your F'n offensive line is depleted and your receiving corps. looks comparable to a weak collegiate programs'...add in that you have a decent overall stable, it is bad management. That would be like St. Louis drafting Spiller or Bryant with the first overall pick, they already have a pretty stellar running back, so they add another... or they add a number one receiver, but then who throws or hands off the damn balls?

I do believe we will draft a bigger more powerful halfback in the fourth round or beyond. But if we took Matthews, Spiller or used a second or third round pick on a tailback, then McDaniels needs to call his daddy for supplemental lessons on football 101.

Again, your either having a bad hair day or someone pissed in your cheerios.
No one here least of me, is arguing that DEN should take a RB in the 1st. Neither did i say STL should take Spiller. It's still not a luxury position simply because STL might want to go to a 2 back system, which is the most successful because it gives your RBs less of a battering. And if they did so, within the 1st couple rounds no one could blame them.

Buff
04-05-2010, 10:05 AM
I don't think it will happen, but I wouldn't be opposed to Spiller at #11 if there aren't any linemen that we feel really good about. You can't teach speed.

T.K.O.
04-05-2010, 10:12 AM
if he can do this .....YES!
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rwRvm9wa0RU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rwRvm9wa0RU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Ravage!!!
04-05-2010, 10:27 AM
I actually said yes. I don't want it to be the 1st or second pick, but if we find there is a stud in the 3rd or fourth round...... take it. As of right now, we don't know if Moreno is going to translate quality into the NFL. As of right now, he hasn't. THere are a LOT of really good RBs from the 3rd and 4th round, and we DO need depth.

I know we have a ton of needs, but to say that we don't need another RB somewhere on the club might be a bit short-sighted.

Ziggy
04-05-2010, 10:29 AM
Once again I'll point to one of the top 2 franchises in the last decade. In the 2008 draft, Pittsburgh had a 27 year old RB in his prime coming off of 2 pro bowls. The BPA that dropped to them in the 1st round was a rookie RB. They took him. Most of thier fan base hated the move, and the draft pundits were perplexed.

2 years later Mendenhall is thier new stud RB and Parker is gone. Yes, I know that Denver has more holes to fill than Pittsburgh did. The reason? Because Denver has been reaching in the draft for most of the last decade and is now paying the price on the field.

I don't care what positions McD takes in the draft, as long as it's the BPA, and that goes for every round.

SOCALORADO.
04-05-2010, 10:30 AM
I actually said yes. I don't want it to be the 1st or second pick, but if we find there is a stud in the 3rd or fourth round...... take it. As of right now, we don't know if Moreno is going to translate quality into the NFL. As of right now, he hasn't. THere are a LOT of really good RBs from the 3rd and 4th round, and we DO need depth.

I know we have a ton of needs, but to say that we don't need another RB somewhere on the club might be a bit short-sighted.

Theres been a number of teams recently even, that have either had a stellar #1 RB that was recently drafted, or had a RB who was considered to be in his prime and fully healthy, and yet these teams still went out and drafted a RB in the 1st round because its such an important position.
Carolina and Pitt come to mind.

Ravage!!!
04-05-2010, 10:31 AM
Again, your either having a bad hair day or someone pissed in your cheerios.
No one here least of me, is arguing that DEN should take a RB in the 1st. Neither did i say STL should take Spiller. It's still not a luxury position simply because STL might want to go to a 2 back system, which is the most successful because it gives your RBs less of a battering. And if they did so, within the 1st couple rounds no one could blame them.

Its the most successful since when?

Its the trend as of late, but it most certainly has NOT been the most successful of the NFL. I can name a LOT LOT LOT more successful running games over the entire NFL existence than multible back success.

I'd much rather have ONE single stud RB than trying to run a multi-back system.

Ravage!!!
04-05-2010, 10:33 AM
Once again I'll point to one of the top 2 franchises in the last decade. In the 2008 draft, Pittsburgh had a 27 year old RB in his prime coming off of 2 pro bowls. The BPA that dropped to them in the 1st round was a rookie RB. They took him. Most of thier fan base hated the move, and the draft pundits were perplexed.

2 years later Mendenhall is thier new stud RB and Parker is gone. Yes, I know that Denver has more holes to fill than Pittsburgh did. The reason? Because Denver has been reaching in the draft for most of the last decade and is now paying the price on the field.

I don't care what positions McD takes in the draft, as long as it's the BPA, and that goes for every round.

I'll disagree with this. You can't just take the BPA, no matter what. That would be like Indy taking a QB because he's the BPA, or NE or SD. That would be like Minnesota using top picks on RBs or the Broncos using the top pick on a LT.

You HAVE to use the BPA when you don't have specific holes to fill. Then you have the luxury of taking chances on positions that you don't necessarily need.

Ziggy
04-05-2010, 10:37 AM
I'll disagree with this. You can't just take the BPA, no matter what. That would be like Indy taking a QB because he's the BPA, or NE or SD. That would be like Minnesota using top picks on RBs or the Broncos using the top pick on a LT.

You HAVE to use the BPA when you don't have specific holes to fill. Then you have the luxury of taking chances on positions that you don't necessarily need.

It's exactly what the Packers did when they drafted Aaron Rogers. Brett Favre was still going strong and GB used a 1st round pick on Rogers. Do you really think they regret it now?

Ravage!!!
04-05-2010, 10:37 AM
Theres been a number of teams recently even, that have either had a stellar #1 RB that was recently drafted, or had a RB who was considered to be in his prime and fully healthy, and yet these teams still went out and drafted a RB in the 1st round because its such an important position.
Carolina and Pitt come to mind.

Carolina and all their success?

I point this out, because although their RB game is good, wouldn't you say that have a lot other needs? That running game didn't win them squat while the lack of other positions very well have cost them games.

Thats just two teams over the last few years. Again, I wo uld rather have a single stud back than try to have a multi-back system. Kansas City was running multi-back system for years.... Okoye was used in a multi-back system as Schottenheimer proved you can lead the league in TOTAL yards rushing by using multible backs.

Problem is, neither was the home run hitter. The guy that made other teams worry. Yes, the total yards were there, but they didn't take over a game. They didn't hit the home run. Yet, the teams with the single STUD RB, that was dominating games, were the Super Bowl Champions.

I can point out a lot more examples of this, than the other.

SOCALORADO.
04-05-2010, 10:38 AM
Its the most successful since when?

Its the trend as of late, but it most certainly has NOT been the most successful of the NFL. I can name a LOT LOT LOT more successful running games over the entire NFL existence than multible back success.

I'd much rather have ONE single stud RB than trying to run a multi-back system.

So would i.
But RBs are just not lasting an entire season anymore, and the tread wears off twice as fast during their lifetimes.
I dont like the multi back system cause i dont think the RB gets to have a feel for the game and he doesnt get to truly dominate if he can, but as far as longetivity goes, i think the 2 back teams like INDY,NO,ARI,CAR,SD get the most bang for their buck.

Ravage!!!
04-05-2010, 10:39 AM
It's exactly what the Packers did when they drafted Aaron Rogers. Brett Favre was still going strong and GB used a 1st round pick on Rogers. Do you really think they regret it now?

:lol:

They ONLYL did that because they thought Brett was going to retire within the 1st year or two of getting Rogers. They woudln't have made that same choice if they knew Brett was going to play for another 7 years.

You are using the example of a fluke. At the time, GB was planning for Rodgers to start almost immediately... within a season or so of drafting him. Giving him time to learn the HARDEST position in sports, under Favre. This doesn't shape your argument, I don't think.

Ziggy
04-05-2010, 10:41 AM
:lol:

They ONLYL did that because they thought Brett was going to retire within the 1st year or two of getting Rogers. They woudln't have made that same choice if they knew Brett was going to play for another 7 years.

Go ahead and provide a link with a quote from someone in the Packers front office for your speculation there Rav.

SOCALORADO.
04-05-2010, 10:43 AM
Go ahead and provide a link with a quote from someone in the Packers front office for your speculation there Rav.

www.fudgepackers.com/farvewantstoretireandhehatesrodgerssoyoudie!/

T.K.O.
04-05-2010, 10:43 AM

favre was already in his what ? 12th year ? thats still drafting for need.
i see your point and if a player is obviosly gonna be a stud....yes it's a smart move but really if you don't mix need with bpa you wint address immediate issues in a "win now" league.
the best approach is a combination of the 2

Ravage!!!
04-05-2010, 10:46 AM
So would i.
But RBs are just not lasting an entire season anymore, and the tread wears off twice as fast during their lifetimes.
I dont like the multi back system cause i dont think the RB gets to have a feel for the game and he doesnt get to truly dominate if he can, but as far as longetivity goes, i think the 2 back teams like INDY,NO,ARI,CAR,SD get the most bang for their buck.

Maybe.. as I agreed, thats the trend lately. But I still feel, that the one back is the way to go ONCE you find him. I think even the teams you listed, will go with the single stud back if one of their multi steps up and proves he can do it. SD wasn't a multi until LT got hurt. Indy only went to multi last year, because they felt Addai wasn't going to be their stud, and looked to replace him. NO had to go with multi because their "super star" , Reggie Bush, proved he couldn't do it in the NFL like he did in college.

So I think several of these teams moved to multi simply because of necessity rather than by choice.

But.... it is the trend lately. The NFL is a copy-cat league. All depends on what falls to you, I guess.

SOCALORADO.
04-05-2010, 10:46 AM
If CJSpiller is what DEN thinks is the BPA on the board at #11 and they draft him, well i cant fault him for that although i might not agree depending on who avaiable, but a dynamic game changer who can do so much with the ball in his hands will be a huge plus for the offense.

Ravage!!!
04-05-2010, 10:50 AM

Provide a quote on speculation? Dude... Favre was nearing the age that most retire. EVERYONE knew/expected Brett to retire at a reasonable age, like everyone else did. If they would have known he was going to play until he was 40... they wouldn't have used a pick as his replacement that early. No one uses a 1st round pick on a QB to sit for three years before even seeing the field. Thats a waste of 3 years that they could be getting from any OTHER position.

They basically pushed Brett to retire in 2008, just so they could FINALLY make a decision since they had all this money holding a clip-board.

IT was common knowledge during that draft, and its pretty common knowledge now. Quotes? Seriously Zig? You need a quote to see the obvious?

Ravage!!!
04-05-2010, 10:54 AM
If CJSpiller is what DEN thinks is the BPA on the board at #11 and they draft him, well i cant fault him for that although i might not agree depending on who avaiable, but a dynamic game changer who can do so much with the ball in his hands will be a huge plus for the offense.

I see what you are saying. But I would fault them for that. Absolutely I would.

We just don't have the team that can afford to spend 2 years worth of 1st round money on the RB position. Not when we have as many holes to fill as we do. We just don't have the luxury of taking that kind of pick. Reggie Bush was thought of as a "once in a lifetime" RB. People crucified the Texans for taking a DE over Bush. How did that turn out?

I bring that up, because some people around here automatically think Spiller is the next Chris Johnson. Yet if it wasn't for this last season, would you necessarily be saying you "wanted" the next Chris Johnson in the first round? CJ has an unbelievable season, and now some poster (not necessarily you) are wanting to spend another first round pick on a guy that "reminds" them of Chris Johnson. Seems like a HUGE luxury pick for a team that just has so many holes to fill.

I would absolutely fault the FO if they made that choice. RB is the easiest position to play in the NFL... and a position we see starters from the lower rounds each and every season. Two first round picks in a row for a RB on a our team right now... would just be..... horrendous, imo.

Lancane
04-05-2010, 10:54 AM

Actually that is pretty common knowledge...the average career span for quarterbacks in the NFL is ten seasons, there is an exception when it comes to franchise-esque quarterbacks, the average for them is thirteen. And no one expected Farve to continue beyond the mark he did and what he has continued to do, there was even a question about concussions if you remember, the problem is that he thinks he is Superman, without the cape!

We knew Elway was soon to be gone when we drafted Griese, and he played another season or so and then left the game.

Look Zig, you really don't know me like many of the posters on here do and the same with SoCal, but ask any of those who do...Rav, Top, Jr., Elevation, Trychon, RC and so on, they will tell you that I'm the biggest supporter of the running game that you can find, I have continually wanted Denver to draft a top shelf back, and we finally did last year. But to do so again would be ignorant; focusing on one aspect and becoming one dimensional is the greatest way to destroy a football team...ask Detroit, San Francisco, Carolina, Jacksonville, Oakland, Kansas City and St. Louis. It would be nice if we could afford to just forget the holes and take a back to give us a monster tandem...we just can not afford it, and it's a fast way to see McDaniels on a bus out of town.

TXBRONC
04-05-2010, 10:58 AM

That's not exactly what I remember about the Steelers drafting Mendenhall. They were looking for someone to be in tandem with Parker because they felt Parker couldn't handle the load by himself. His touchdown production dropped from 13 in '06 to just 2 in '07 and his reception total went from 31 down to 23. Mendenhall was a need as much as he was a BYA.

SOCALORADO.
04-05-2010, 11:07 AM
I see what you are saying. But I would fault them for that. Absolutely I would.

We just don't have the team that can afford to spend 2 years worth of 1st round money on the RB position. Not when we have as many holes to fill as we do. We just don't have the luxury of taking that kind of pick. Reggie Bush was thought of as a "once in a lifetime" RB. People crucified the Texans for taking a DE over Bush. How did that turn out?

I bring that up, because some people around here automatically think Spiller is the next Chris Johnson. Yet if it wasn't for this last season, would you necessarily be saying you "wanted" the next Chris Johnson in the first round? CJ has an unbelievable season, and now some poster (not necessarily you) are wanting to spend another first round pick on a guy that "reminds" them of Chris Johnson. Seems like a HUGE luxury pick for a team that just has so many holes to fill.

I would absolutely fault the FO if they made that choice. RB is the easiest position to play in the NFL... and a position we see starters from the lower rounds each and every season. Two first round picks in a row for a RB on a our team right now... would just be..... horrendous, imo.

Now watch, CJSpiller will be a bronco.
Thanks ALOT! Way to go ravage!
Totally jinx the whole draft!

Northman
04-05-2010, 11:15 AM
I say yes as long as they have a healthy bit of picks in those first 4 rounds. If its just one pick per round than no. But Bucky and Moreno still wont be enough with the pathetic training staff we have.

underrated29
04-05-2010, 11:22 AM
we will definitely be taking a rb. I think it might be dywer...As we have been looking at the bigger backs and we have been looking at FB. Dywer used to be a FB, but now a RB. Kinda like Hillis was for us only he is an actual runningback.

If not hardesty, or my sleeper would look good here, but I think we take one in the 4th.

SOCALORADO.
04-05-2010, 11:29 AM
we will definitely be taking a rb. I think it might be dywer...As we have been looking at the bigger backs and we have been looking at FB. Dywer used to be a FB, but now a RB. Kinda like Hillis was for us only he is an actual runningback.

If not hardesty, or my sleeper would look good here, but I think we take one in the 4th.

Well, you know i have been a huge Hardesty fan, and if DEN could snag him in the 4th that would be perfect. But i dont think he makes it outta the 3rd.

EMB6903
04-05-2010, 11:46 AM
That's not exactly what I remember about the Steelers drafting Mendenhall. They were looking for someone to be in tandem with Parker because they felt Parker couldn't handle the load by himself. His touchdown production dropped from 13 in '06 to just 2 in '07 and his reception total went from 31 down to 23. Mendenhall was a need as much as he was a BYA.

Mendenhall landed in the Steelers laps, they pretty much had no choice but to take him. Never in previous mocks that year did they have the Steelers taking a RB in the first round.

EMB6903
04-05-2010, 11:47 AM
I wouldnt mind taking a chance on a guy like Joe Mcknight in the 2nd day.

Lancane
04-05-2010, 12:15 PM
I wouldnt mind taking a chance on a guy like Joe Mcknight in the 2nd day.

I like McKnight and I am not usually big on USC tailbacks...

Though I would prefer Baker, Dixon, Blount, Gerhart, Scott or another tailback near the 230 mark, someone to really fit an H-Back/Powerback role. I would not be opposed to the likes of McKnight or maybe Anderson from Tulane.

TXBRONC
04-05-2010, 12:46 PM
Mendenhall landed in the Steelers laps, they pretty much had no choice but to take him. Never in previous mocks that year did they have the Steelers taking a RB in the first round.

Who cares what a Mock draft comes up with? It was a known fact that the Steelers were looking for another running back to compliment Parker as a power back.

EMB6903
04-05-2010, 12:48 PM
Who cares what a Mock draft comes up with? It was a known fact that the Steelers were looking for another running back to compliment Parker as a power back.

ok a mock draft is just an example.

There was no talks what so ever of Steelers taking a RB in the first round that year.

Mendenhall fell into their laps and being a great team at drafting knew they couldnt pass him up.

T.K.O.
04-05-2010, 01:25 PM
we have 2 rb's on the roster i have never heard of ....lance ball and bruce hall"
does that mean i can adopt both and call them "hall n balls ":D

LTC Pain
04-05-2010, 03:21 PM
First three rounds the Broncos need to draft to help the D-line and O-line. Maybe in the later rounds a RB or WR would be okay.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-05-2010, 03:51 PM
Getting a mid round RB doesn't mean bad things for Knowshon. We need depth at the position.

Mr D
04-05-2010, 05:24 PM
We don't know how Lance Ball or Arrington will perform, so it really depends on that.

However, I do feel like Buckhalter can go out at any time with his injury prone legs. He's still the quickest/fastest RB on the roster amazingly, but his leg has gone through too many injuries that he's 50% more prone than any other RB.

I am sure the Broncos realize/feel this same way too...

Mr D
04-05-2010, 05:27 PM
First three rounds the Broncos need to draft to help the D-line and O-line. Maybe in the later rounds a RB or WR would be okay.

Depends on your approach, BPA or position of need. We will most likely address the lines but I don't think it'll be guaranteed in all rounds 1, 2, and 3.

Right now we're really lacking interior oline...

I know Josh McDaniels understands the importance of the lines... Patriots put a huge emphasis on it with their high draft picks.

weazel
04-05-2010, 05:32 PM
I would hope not...

Lets fill the holes we have, rather than add depth to positions we have filled.

Mr D
04-05-2010, 05:55 PM
I would hope not...

Lets fill the holes we have, rather than add depth to positions we have filled.

That's not always the best formula to success in the draft... hence our drafts when we drafted all dlineman and all CB's... how did they turn out?

weazel
04-06-2010, 01:39 PM
That's not always the best formula to success in the draft... hence our drafts when we drafted all dlineman and all CB's... how did they turn out?

I don't think anyone said anything about drafting all at one position. That was the most ridiculous drafting ever. That was the "mastermind" at his worst.