PDA

View Full Version : A little love for Kuper

Dean
04-05-2010, 06:55 AM
He is rated fifth best as a RG in this article. I thought yjay given a center and RT he doesn't have to cover for that he would be rock solid.

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/04/04/best-right-guards-in-the-n-f-l-the-top-10-list/

April 4, 2010, 7:00 am
Best Right Guards in the N.F.L.: The Top 10 List
By ANDY BENOIT
Friendly Disclaimer: The following list is influenced largely – but not strictly – by film study of all 32 teams from the 2009 season. It is not a prediction for the 2010 season, though the future isn’t ignored. Vague enough for you? Top 10 lists tend to be. That’s why most of you will have no trouble disagreeing about what you’re about to read.

10. Louis Vasquez, San Diego Chargers

Transitioned from Texas Tech spread offense to pro game very well as a rookie last season.

9. Deuce Lutui, Arizona Cardinals

Not athletic enough to build your attack around, but has polished himself into a stellar puzzle piece. Can be nasty, too.

8. Davin Joseph, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

One of the few players capable of landing multiple blocks on one play. If he ever becomes consistent, he’ll be a perennial Pro Bowler.

7. Stephen Neal, New England Patriots

Once he gets his hands on you, it’s usually over.

6. Keydrick Vincent, Carolina Panthers (currently a free agent)

Just an O.K. pass-blocker, but his mobility – particularly at the second level – was a big component in Carolina’s third-ranked rushing attack last season.

5. Chris Kuper, Denver Broncos

Excellent athleticism for his size. Quick, and lands well-placed blocks on the move.

4. Brandon Moore, Jets

One of the most underappreciated players in the league. Arguably the Jets’ steadiest lineman.

3. Chris Snee, Giants

Gritty, mobile (or, extremely mobile by right guard standards) and, for the most part, fundamentally sound.

2. Leonard Davis, Dallas Cowboys

When you’re 6’6”, 365 pounds and know how to use your size, you’re going to make pretty much any Top 10 list.

1. Jahri Evans, New Orleans Saints

The gap between Evans and Davis might be the biggest between Nos. 1 and 2 players in an N.F.L. Top 10 list.

Wait, What About….

Forget it. Anyone you mention is going to be, at best, a model of mediocrity. There’s a reason right guard is the N.F.L.’s most unglamorous position.

Copyright 2010 The New York Times

Ziggy
04-05-2010, 10:12 AM
I think the Broncos showed him some love with the 1st round tender. Hopefully he will be re-signed sometime this season.

Dean
04-05-2010, 01:27 PM
I think the Broncos showed him some love with the 1st round tender. Hopefully he will be re-signed sometime this season.

You think they did that for Kuper or was it for the team? :confused:

Lonestar
04-05-2010, 04:54 PM

I think MOST teams right now are proceeding slowly as far as long term contracts are concerned.

LEts see if he does work out this coming season, although he has played well fore the most part it was in ZBS, time will tell if he can handle the PBS. If he does then get him long term.