PDA

View Full Version : Now All Shanahan Needs is.......

WARHORSE
04-05-2010, 01:19 AM
.........to give up that first rounder for Brandon Marshall.

Or trade down to Seattle at 6, get Seattles pick in the second round, and then sign Marshall.

Sign Flozell Adams at LT, then use the second and thirds to address the undersized Olinemen you love..........we'll throw in a pat on the back from Pat Bowlen for old times sake................

Whaddya say?:coffee:

Italianmobstr7
04-05-2010, 01:53 AM
I say no. Let's keep Brandon. Right now he's better than every player in the draft. If were gonna give out a huge contract it might as well be to someone deserving and proven.

Northman
04-05-2010, 01:55 AM
I say no. Let's keep Brandon. Right now he's better than every player in the draft. If were gonna give out a huge contract it might as well be to someone deserving and proven.

Proven yes, deserving no.

Lancane
04-05-2010, 05:01 AM
.........to give up that first rounder for Brandon Marshall.

Or trade down to Seattle at 6, get Seattles pick in the second round, and then sign Marshall.

Sign Flozell Adams at LT, then use the second and thirds to address the undersized Olinemen you love..........we'll throw in a pat on the back from Pat Bowlen for old times sake................

Whaddya say?:coffee:

This is Shanahan we're talking about, the man who was infamous in NFL Drafts for trading down. By trading for McNabb he just secured the fact he will not be taking Clausen or Bradford, I never thought he would in the first place, he usually does not take quarterbacks from spread offensive systems...what he did, is he opened up the 4th overall pick for trading. Teams will be looking to move up to get any of the top six prospects possibly available: Suh, Bradford, Clause, McCoy, Okung or Berry. I would not be surprised if they traded the pick to San Francisco so they could nab one of the top prospects in the draft. If that happened then, they he may use a pick to get Marshall and another to get an offensive lineman...that's what I would do.

As for Adams, I doubt it...Shanahan will impliment the ZBS, and Adams is from a power blocking scheme, that would be like signing Julius Peppers to play nose tackle...it wouldn't work and it would be a waste of money.

Italianmobstr7
04-05-2010, 05:03 AM
Proven yes, deserving no.

3 100 catch seasons in a row. 10 tds this year, best player on our team. Nothing worthy of a suspension in 2 years. He's earned it. He deserves it. Everyone says he such a cancer and crybaby but I bet if we just ponied up and paid the guy he'd shut up and play. Only 1 way to find out. I hope we re-sign him next year to the contract that he deserves.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-05-2010, 05:10 AM
3 100 catch seasons in a row. 10 tds this year, best player on our team. Nothing worthy of a suspension in 2 years. He's earned it. He deserves it. Everyone says he such a cancer and crybaby but I bet if we just ponied up and paid the guy he'd shut up and play. Only 1 way to find out. I hope we re-sign him next year to the contract that he deserves.

Even though I agree we should pay the man, "Nothing worthy of a suspension is 2 years" is a bit silly. Being a distraction in practice over his contract (which he signed) is definitely worthy of suspension.

T.K.O.
04-05-2010, 10:01 AM
Even though I agree we should pay the man, "Nothing worthy of a suspension is 2 years" is a bit silly. Being a distraction in practice over his contract (which he signed) is definitely worthy of suspension.
league suspension....not "slap on the wrist" from the coach suspension.
anyway mcD said there is no way he would let marshall go to the skins,BUT....snyder has deep enough pockets to make it happen.
if they get sf's 1st and offer bm a mega deal,i think it would happen.
on the other hand i don't know if shanny would be all that interested.
he did have a goofy smile when asked about the possibility of aquiring marshall though:confused:

GEM
04-05-2010, 10:03 AM
Do you all think Flozell will be picked up? The guy is terrible and costs his team more than he helps.

CoachChaz
04-05-2010, 10:04 AM
anyway mcD said there is no way he would let marshall go to the skins,BUT....snyder has deep enough pockets to make it happen.
he did have a goofy smile when asked about the possibility of aquiring marshall though:confused:

Correction...

A reporter insinuated McDaniels would never let Marshall go to the Skins

T.K.O.
04-05-2010, 10:14 AM
Do you all think Flozell will be picked up? The guy is terrible and costs his team more than he helps.

i hope oakland gets him....then doom can make him look stupid twice a year !:elefant:

Ravage!!!
04-05-2010, 10:23 AM

actually.. McD didn't say that at all. THat was a speculation by some writer. Not our coach.

Ravage!!!
04-05-2010, 10:25 AM

I agree with you. If players all around the league are paid by their production, then there is no way you can say that Marshall doesn't deserve to get paid as one of the elite WRs in the NFL. He does. He's earned that right, and earned that pay-scale.

rationalfan
04-05-2010, 10:31 AM
This is Shanahan we're talking about, the man who was infamous in NFL Drafts for trading down.

not sure we're thinking about the same guy; the guy who traded up to get jarvis moss, jay cutler, marcus thomas, etc.

looking just at those instances, i can't call shanny "infamous" for trading down. he's also struck me as a guy who will pay whatever price to get the player he wants.

T.K.O.
04-05-2010, 10:35 AM
not sure we're thinking about the same guy; the guy who traded up to get jarvis moss, jay cutler, marcus thomas, etc.

looking just at those instances, i can't call shanny "infamous" for trading down. he's also struck me as a guy who will pay whatever price to get the player he wants.

i know shanny shocked the world when he drafted clarrett,but i did'nt think he "traded up" to do it....really?
ok i see you fixed that part....i did'nt think that was the case,still shows he's not afraid to make some crazy moves...or he had too much sun before the draft

EMB6903
04-05-2010, 10:44 AM

as much as I like Brandon Marshall...

Eric Berry~~~~~~~~~>Brandon Marshall

DenBronx
04-05-2010, 10:56 AM
who's noodle arm going to throw to if marshall gets traded?

dez "i have trouble running a route with my own off field issues" bryant? who the broncos would dish out a pretty huge contract to anyway. might as well pay marshall.

rationalfan
04-05-2010, 10:57 AM
i know shanny shocked the world when he drafted clarrett,but i did'nt think he "traded up" to do it....really?
ok i see you fixed that part....i did'nt think that was the case,still shows he's not afraid to make some crazy moves...or he had too much sun before the draft

yeah, initially that was a mistake about clarrett. i think my memory exaggerrated the boneheadedness of that move.

Italianmobstr7
04-05-2010, 11:47 AM

So you're saying that Brandon Marshall HASN'T outplayed his rookie contract? Are you f'ing kidding me? He was signed as a 4th round draft pick! He's a top 5 WR in the league! Dumervil isn't signing his tender right now either because he's on a 4th round draft pick salary too, but until last year Dumervil wasn't the NFL sack leader. If you honestly don't think that Marshall has outplayed his rookie contract, then you are very dense my friend.

as much as I like Brandon Marshall...

Eric Berry~~~~~~~~~>Brandon Marshall

Eric Berry could be terrible. We have NO IDEA. That's the point. And even if Eric Berry comes in and starts, I'll bet $$$ that he doesn't have the impact that Brandon Marshall will have this season. It's absolutely ridiculous to want a draft pick over BM. ANY of them. I don't care if it's a "can't miss prospect" like Suh or Mccoy, or a potential franchise QB like Sam Bradford. Marshall is a PROVEN commodity. No rookie coming in is.

EMB6903
04-05-2010, 11:51 AM
It's absolutely ridiculous to want a draft pick over BM. ANY of them. I don't care if it's a "can't miss prospect" like Suh or Mccoy, or a potential franchise QB like Sam Bradford. Marshall is a PROVEN commodity. No rookie coming in is.

Thats what Minnesota was thinking when they traded for Herschel Walker.

Lancane
04-05-2010, 12:20 PM
Don't be surprised if Shanahan manipulates the draft and ended up with a couple later first round picks or another high second and used one to nab a lineman and maybe one or two picks to grab both Marshall and Scheffler. That would give McNabb two solid weapons along with the stable of backs they have.

Right now...I feel that the Jets may be the team that gets Marshall with their 27th overall pick.

CoachChaz
04-05-2010, 12:57 PM
For some crazy reason, I dont have much faith in Shanny's early round drafting.

CrazyHorse
04-05-2010, 01:05 PM
For some crazy reason, I dont have much faith in Shanny's early round drafting.

Smartest move for the Redskins would be LT at #4.

T.K.O.
04-05-2010, 01:07 PM
Report: Jets still not interested in Brandon Marshall
Posted by Mike Florio on April 5, 2010 11:33 AM ET
Last year, the New York Jets supposedly were interested in adding receiver Brandon Marshall. The talk died down after the Jets traded for former Browns receiver Braylon Edwards.

But it has resurfaced of late, despite the ongoing presence of Edwards, who has signed his one-year RFA tender. According to Rich Cimini of the New York Daily News, the Jets are not interested in Marshall.
To get him, they'd have to send the 29th overall pick to Denver, or work out some other deal with the Broncos. The Broncos have applied a first-round tender to the troubled (at times) wideout, who has become a solid on-field performer in his four NFL seasons. And the Broncos reportedly won't part with Marshall for anything less than a first-round pick.

Absent a pre-draft or during-draft deal, our guess is that someone will send a 2011 first-rounder to Denver for Marshall. And we think that the Bears should be the first team in line -- especially since coach Lovie Smith and G.M. Jerry Angelo may not be there in 2011 if the Bears don't get the most out of Marshall's former quarterback, Jay Cutler.

Lancane
04-05-2010, 01:46 PM
Report: Jets still not interested in Brandon Marshall
Posted by Mike Florio on April 5, 2010 11:33 AM ET
Last year, the New York Jets supposedly were interested in adding receiver Brandon Marshall. The talk died down after the Jets traded for former Browns receiver Braylon Edwards.

But it has resurfaced of late, despite the ongoing presence of Edwards, who has signed his one-year RFA tender. According to Rich Cimini of the New York Daily News, the Jets are not interested in Marshall.
To get him, they'd have to send the 29th overall pick to Denver, or work out some other deal with the Broncos. The Broncos have applied a first-round tender to the troubled (at times) wideout, who has become a solid on-field performer in his four NFL seasons. And the Broncos reportedly won't part with Marshall for anything less than a first-round pick.

Absent a pre-draft or during-draft deal, our guess is that someone will send a 2011 first-rounder to Denver for Marshall. And we think that the Bears should be the first team in line -- especially since coach Lovie Smith and G.M. Jerry Angelo may not be there in 2011 if the Bears don't get the most out of Marshall's former quarterback, Jay Cutler.

Yeah and supposedly Washington was not interested in McNabb...and someone should ask Cimini why Sanchez is lobbying for Marshall.

WARHORSE
04-05-2010, 02:33 PM

I totally believe he will be picked up. By who.....who knows.

I think Chicago is the most likely place honestly. If Flozell still thinks he can play, it will be with a chip on his shoulder.

Someone will make that mistake.

Shanahan though? Doubt it.

WARHORSE
04-05-2010, 02:41 PM
Don't be surprised if Shanahan manipulates the draft and ended up with a couple later first round picks or another high second and used one to nab a lineman and maybe one or two picks to grab both Marshall and Scheffler. That would give McNabb two solid weapons along with the stable of backs they have.

Right now...I feel that the Jets may be the team that gets Marshall with their 27th overall pick.

Wouldnt be surprised at all. In fact, dont we all understand that Shanny would like to have Marshall, Scheff, AND Royal?

I heard gasping.

I would not be surprised if Mike tried to trade down and get two firsts or a first and a second.

Royal is a very attractive player to MS.

I would not be surprised to see a draft day trade for one of those three Shanahan left overs.

While no one here wants Royal to leave......it doesnt matter.

What matters is how valuable he is in the eyes of Josh and X. The production he had last year was not what any of us expected.........at all.

Right?:coffee:

37 receptions. No receiving TDs.

Thats doesnt exactly make him invaluable to Josh now does it?

Lancane
04-05-2010, 03:07 PM
Wouldnt be surprised at all. In fact, dont we all understand that Shanny would like to have Marshall, Scheff, AND Royal?

I heard gasping.

I would not be surprised if Mike tried to trade down and get two firsts or a first and a second.

Royal is a very attractive player to MS.

I would not be surprised to see a draft day trade for one of those three Shanahan left overs.

While no one here wants Royal to leave......it doesnt matter.

What matters is how valuable he is in the eyes of Josh and X. The production he had last year was not what any of us expected.........at all.

Right?:coffee:

Exactly, and if anyone thinks that they're safe, then they are fools.

I've already mentioned that Royal could be the target of the Bears with the 76th overall pick, especially since he was Jay's number two receiver here in 08' and they did well together. And as you said, Shanahan would love to get all three of them if he could, but it really depends if he can stockpile the picks to get them. Hell, I would not be surprised if McDaniels traded Orton...yeah, I did say it. But if he felt there was value enough? Even Ryan Harris could be on the market since he is not idea for the scheme.

Too bad I'm not the G.M., I could have too much fun...hahaha! I would trade Ryan Harris, Tony Scheffler and Brandon Marshall to Washington for the 4th overall pick. I would then sign Flozell to be the starting right tackle for a year or so...I would trade the 4th overall pick to Buffalo for the 9th and 73rd overall picks, trade the 11th to New England for the 22nd and 44th overall picks...trade Royal to Chicago for the 76th overall pick. Trade the 9th to San Francisco for the 17th and 80th overall picks.

Therein giving Denver the 17th, 22nd, 44th, 45th, 73rd, 76th, 80th and 81st overall picks within the top three rounds. Or something to that effect...:laugh:

Northman
04-05-2010, 04:53 PM

He's too high of a risk so no, finding out could cost Denver a lot.

Italianmobstr7
04-05-2010, 04:57 PM
He's too high of a risk so no, finding out could cost Denver a lot.

It could also pay off tremendously. He's no higher risk than any draft pick out there. As for people thinking that we're getting rid of Shanny, Scheffler and Royal, you all are crazy. McDaniels traded away Cutler and Hillis. He doesn't hate all of Shanny's guys, and he's not trying to make this team worse. Don't be surprised to see ALL of those guys stay Broncos this year. The most likely one to go is Scheffler because of his tender and because he had the worst falling out with McDaniels of them all, but I wouldn't even be surprised to see Scheffler stay too.

SOCALORADO.
04-05-2010, 04:58 PM
Exactly, and if anyone thinks that they're safe, then they are fools.

I've already mentioned that Royal could be the target of the Bears with the 76th overall pick, especially since he was Jay's number two receiver here in 08' and they did well together. And as you said, Shanahan would love to get all three of them if he could, but it really depends if he can stockpile the picks to get them. Hell, I would not be surprised if McDaniels traded Orton...yeah, I did say it. But if he felt there was value enough? Even Ryan Harris could be on the market since he is not idea for the scheme.

Too bad I'm not the G.M., I could have too much fun...hahaha! I would trade Ryan Harris, Tony Scheffler and Brandon Marshall to Washington for the 4th overall pick. I would then sign Flozell to be the starting right tackle for a year or so...I would trade the 4th overall pick to Buffalo for the 9th and 73rd overall picks, trade the 11th to New England for the 22nd and 44th overall picks...trade Royal to Chicago for the 76th overall pick. Trade the 9th to San Francisco for the 17th and 80th overall picks.

Therein giving Denver the 17th, 22nd, 44th, 45th, 73rd, 76th, 80th and 81st overall picks within the top three rounds. Or something to that effect...:laugh:

Ok, time to put you down for a nap, madden.
You will wake up and you will be back in your favorite fantasy at broncomania.

Northman
04-05-2010, 05:04 PM
It could also pay off tremendously.

It could, but unfortuantely history has shown it wont. If Brandon cant even stay in line by doing the little things why would they expect him to stay in line with a big paycheck?

Poet
04-05-2010, 05:12 PM
It's not surprising to see that the "BM is better than any draft pick," people completely leave out the plethora of reasons why BM is on the trading block.

D1g1tal j1m
04-05-2010, 05:18 PM
Now all Shan needs is T. Davis, Rod & McCaf, etc, etc, etc....

Italianmobstr7
04-05-2010, 06:02 PM
It could, but unfortuantely history has shown it wont. If Brandon cant even stay in line by doing the little things why would they expect him to stay in line with a big paycheck?

How has history shown us anything? When have we been in this situation before? The reason he's been out of line is because he wants his big payday that he deserves. So once he gets it, I expect him to stay out of trouble.

It's not surprising to see that the "BM is better than any draft pick," people completely leave out the plethora of reasons why BM is on the trading block.

He's not on the trading block. He's a restricted Free Agent along with Dumervil, Kuper, Orton, Scheffler. Josh McDaniels has already stated that they're not trying to trade Marshall. If someone signs him to an offer sheet they'll look it over and do what's best for the team. They're not out actively shopping him.

Poet
04-05-2010, 06:48 PM
How has history shown us anything? When have we been in this situation before? The reason he's been out of line is because he wants his big payday that he deserves. So once he gets it, I expect him to stay out of trouble.

He's not on the trading block. He's a restricted Free Agent along with Dumervil, Kuper, Orton, Scheffler. Josh McDaniels has already stated that they're not trying to trade Marshall. If someone signs him to an offer sheet they'll look it over and do what's best for the team. They're not out actively shopping him.

They could have hit him with the highest tender and wrapped him up. They could have given him a big contract. They shoved him out there with a relatively weak tender looking for picks.

He's effectively on the trading block.

EMB6903
04-05-2010, 07:12 PM

you and I both know if Mcdaniels wanted to keep Marshall this year he would have slapped a 1st and 3rd round tender on him, not just a 1st.

topscribe
04-05-2010, 07:16 PM
you and I both know if Mcdaniels wanted to keep Marshall this year he would have slapped a 1st and 3rd round tender on him, not just a 1st.

I'm not all that sure that is the case. Had they placed the 1st and 3rd, they
would not have gotten a sniff for Marshall (ala Dumervil). By attaching only a
1st, they could test the market and see what he he is worth in trade, not
necessarily to get rid of him. I'm not sure of that, but is anybody, really?

-----

JDL
04-05-2010, 07:16 PM
A 5-time pro bowl QB with no character concerns, who has taken his team to 5NFCC games and 1 Super Bowl just went for an early 2nd... but yeah a WR who bails on his team, last game of the year, while they were trying to make the playoffs... yup... THAT guy is worth the 6th overall pick Washington would have to give up in the above scenario... and then we'll get a guy who is likely a top 3/4 pick at 6... the endless stupidity and fantasy land stuff seriously has to end.

T.K.O.
04-05-2010, 07:51 PM
Oct. 31, 2004: During his junior year at the University of Central Florida, Brandon Marshall faced misdemeanor charges of trespass, resisting arrest without violence, disorderly conduct, refusal to obey and assault on a police officer after an argument with an off-duty Florida Highway Patrol officer turned heated at an Orlando Denny's restaurant. According to the off-duty officer, Marshall, who'd been asked to leave the restaurant for creating a disturbance, accused the officer and the restaurant manager of being "racist," threatened to sue Denny's and the Florida Highway Patrol and said he was "a star and a well-known athlete." Marshall screamed profanities and locked his fists as if he were preparing to strike the officer, according to the report. The charges were later dismissed.

April 8, 2005: Marshall was charged with retail theft, a misdemeanor, after trying to return a stolen set of bed sheets, valued at $19.99, to a Burlington Coat Factory, according to a police report of the incident. The charge was later dropped.

April 2006: Marshall was drafted by the Broncos in the fourth round of the NFL draft, No. 119 overall.

Courtsey of Rasheedah Watley
Brandon Marshall and Rasheedah Watley had dated since they were teenagers.

June 17, 2006: Conflicting police reports from Marshall and Rasheedah Watley were filed with the Orange County, Fla., Sheriff's Department. Marshall told police that Watley became violent after seeing him earlier that evening as the object of another woman's affection. Marshall described Watley to police as an old family friend and told police that Watley punched him and scratched his chest after an argument inside the couple's Orlando apartment spiraled out of control. Watley, who filed a police report by phone from Atlanta three days after the incident, told Florida police that Marshall was the aggressor, and that he slapped her in the face, grabbed her by the arms and pushed her to the ground, and that Marshall's sister, London, who was also present during the fight, cut Watley above her eye by throwing a cell phone or remote control at her face. No charges were ever filed.

Dec. 31, 2006: Marshall and several Broncos teammates were present at "The Shelter," a nightclub in Denver's LoDo section, as part of a birthday celebration for Denver Nuggets forward Kenyon Martin. Former Broncos wide receiver Javon Walker later told HBO's "Real Sports" that an argument broke out at the club when Marshall and his cousin sprayed champagne on another club patron and his friend. The men, who argued with Marshall and his cousin, were then asked to leave the club, Walker told HBO. Walker admitted he didn't see the encounter. According to media reports, around closing time, Marshall and his cousin were seen on the sidewalk outside the club arguing with the patrons who had been ejected from the club earlier that night. Walker told HBO that he believes the argument contributed to a drive-by shooting a short time later that killed Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams.

Jan. 24, 2007: Police responded to a parking lot outside an Orlando bowling alley where Marshall and his father had a heated argument. According to a police report of the incident, Frederick Marshall said his son took out a handgun and fired one shot at him after the two men argued. Frederick Marshall, who refused to sign a sworn statement or press charges, said his son left the area after firing the handgun. Several witnesses said they never heard gunshots, according to the police report. While officers spoke with Frederick Marshall that evening, Brandon Marshall returned to the parking lot and provided his own statement. Brandon Marshall told police that his father had asked him for money earlier that night and that when he said "no," Frederick Marshall left the bowling alley in anger, broke a beer bottle on Brandon Marshall's vehicle and then tried to run down Brandon Marshall with his car, forcing him to jump between two vehicles in the parking lot to avoid getting hit, according to the report. Frederick Marshall also threatened to "ruin [Brandon's] professional football career," according to the police report. Brandon Marshall also declined to press charges.

March 18, 2007: Atlanta police responded to a domestic dispute call at the Westin Peachtree hotel. Watley told officers that after meeting Marshall at the hotel that night, he became enraged after he went through her cell phone call list and noticed she'd been speaking with an ex-boyfriend. Watley told police Marshall hit her repeatedly with a closed fist. While she refused medical attention, police noticed a large, dark-colored bruise on Watley's chin. Police reported seeing Marshall in the lobby of a neighboring hotel but, according to the report, Marshall left and was not arrested. Police advised Watley to take out a warrant for Marshall's arrest, but Watley never did. No charges were ever filed.

March 21, 2007: Watley filed a report with police in Boca Raton, Fla. Watley and Marshall, who were staying in south Florida with Marshall's uncle, told police that an argument started that night at a local restaurant after Marshall refused to ask Watley to marry him. According to a police report, while Watley was walking home, Marshall grabbed a large pipe from a construction site and hit the ground with it in frustration. Nobody was hurt. Police characterized the incident as a verbal domestic dispute. No charges were filed.

March 26, 2007: Police in Douglas County, Colo., arrested Marshall for false imprisonment and domestic violence. Watley told "Outside the Lines" she was assaulted by Marshall a day earlier at Marshall's suburban Denver home -- she never reported that incident to police -- and that she was attempting to fly back to Atlanta to get away from Marshall. Watley told police she and Marshall argued at the Denver airport and that she later agreed to return to Marshall's home. Watley told police when she attempted to leave Marshall's home a second time, Marshall followed her taxi and, at one point, blocked its path with his Dodge Charger, leapt from his car and punched the taxi cab's windows. When contacted by "Outside the Lines," the cab driver confirmed Watley's version of events. Marshall denied punching the taxi cab's windows and later told police he was only trying to retrieve his cell phone, which he said Watley had taken from him.

May 25, 2007: Charges against Marshall relating to his arrest in Douglas County, Colo., were dismissed after he successfully completed anger management classes.

Courtesy of Vienna Watley
Watley suffered a cut to her thigh during an altercation in their Atlanta condo in June 2007.

June 8, 2007: Police responded to Marshall and Watley's Atlanta condo at 5 a.m. and found Watley with a noticeable cut on her right thigh. Watley initially told officers that she accidentally cut herself with a kitchen knife. Watley told the first officer to arrive that while she had argued with Marshall earlier that evening, no physical abuse occurred. Marshall was not present. Roughly an hour later, at 6:07 a.m., police were dispatched to the condo a second time. On this second visit Watley told police that Marshall did indeed cut her thigh with a kitchen knife during a fight earlier that evening and that he later returned to the condo and continued to assault Watley by punching her in the forehead. Watley's friend, Kristeena Spivey, told police that while she was attempting to drive Watley from the condo complex, she noticed Marshall attempting to leave the scene. Spivey, who called 911 to make officers aware of Marshall's whereabouts, said when she attempted to block Marshall's exit from the parking lot with her vehicle, Marshall rammed her car with his Cadillac Escalade and then left his SUV and threw a large rock at the passenger side of Spivey's car. Marshall fled the scene before police arrived, according to Spivey and Watley. Watley was taken to Grady Memorial Hospital for treatment. No charges were ever filed.

June 30, 2007: Atlanta police responded to a fight-in-progress call at Marshall and Watley's condo. Watley told police that a fight broke out after Marshall missed a flight and blamed Watley. Watley told police Marshall struck her with a closed fist and choked her. Watley had a bruise on her left eye and noticeable scratches on her body, according to a police report of the incident. Officers made Watley aware of the procedures to obtain a restraining order. No charges were filed.

Oct. 22, 2007: Hours after defeating the Pittsburgh Steelers, Marshall was cited at 2 a.m. by Denver police for driving under the influence after he was seen driving erratically. His blood-alcohol level was 0.116 (the legal limit for DUI in Colorado is 0.08).

Jan. 18, 2008: Watley obtained a temporary protective order against Marshall in Fulton County (Ga.) Superior Court. At the time, Marshall was forbidden to come within 200 yards of Watley. Watley, through her attorneys, eventually agreed to lift the court order.

Feb. 18, 2008: Watley told "Outside the Lines" that as part of a Valentine's Day present, and in an attempt to repair their relationship, Marshall surprised her with a last-minute trip to San Juan, Puerto Rico. While on that trip, Watley said, Marshall argued with her about an ex-boyfriend. Watley said Marshall assaulted her at San Juan's Condado Plaza Hotel, hitting her in the mouth, which caused her to bleed, and choking her on the bed. A report was filed by police saying officers were called to the hotel to help hotel security escort guests from the property. The report does not mention Watley, Marshall or any details of the incident.

March 4, 2008: Police responded around 9 p.m. to a fight call at Marshall and Watley's Atlanta condo and found Marshall bleeding from his hand. Marshall initially told police that during an argument with Watley, one of Watley's sisters cut him on his hand with a knife. When asked by police who had the knife, Marshall then told officers there was no knife, and that he'd been cut on glass during a fight with Watley. Watley told police that Marshall became upset after finding text messages from an ex-boyfriend on Watley's phone. Watley had several cuts on her lips, according to a police report, and told officers that Marshall had grabbed her by the head and slapped her. While police were interviewing Watley, Marshall fled, according to a report of the incident.

March 5, 2008: Police returned to Marshall and Watley's condo around 1 a.m. Watley and her sister both told police that after the fight earlier that same evening, Marshall returned to the condo, took Watley's purse and threw her personal belongings, including clothing, off of the 20th floor balcony. Police told Watley to leave the residence, but she declined and explained that she feared Marshall would return again once officers left and damage more of her property.

March 5, 2008: Watley obtained her second temporary protective order against Marshall in Fulton County Superior Court. Marshall was once again forbidden by the court order to come within 200 yards of Watley.

May 5, 2008: Atlanta police were called once again to the condo Watley shared for more than a year with Marshall. According to a police report, Watley and Marshall's mother argued about Watley's attempt to remove items from the condo. No charges were filed.

Aug. 5, 2008: The NFL released a statement announcing that Marshall would be suspended without pay for the Broncos' first three regular-season games of 2008 for violating the NFL personal conduct policy. The statement noted that "if Marshall fully complies with required counseling and other conditions of the suspension, Commissioner Goodell will consider reducing the suspension to two games."

Aug. 28, 2008: Less than a month after the NFL released a statement announcing Marshall's suspension, the league released another statement saying Marshall's suspension had been reduced upon appeal to one game without pay plus an additional fine of one game check. An NFL spokesman told ESPN "a potential reduction in [Marshall's] initial three-game suspension was always contemplated if he complied with required counseling and other conditions of the suspension." The spokesman would not elaborate on the precise conditions Marshall met to have his suspension reduced.

Sept. 10, 2008: Marshall was charged with two misdemeanor counts of simple battery as a result of the incident the previous March (his formal bond arraignment was Nov. 3, 2008). Simple battery, according to the Fulton County District Attorney's office, is punishable by up to one year in jail and/or a $1,000 fine.

Sept. 12, 2008: Nearly a year after being cited for DUI in Denver, Marshall pleaded guilty to the lesser offense of driving while ability-impaired. He was sentenced to one year of probation.

Feb. 5, 2009: While attending a dinner party in Honolulu as part of his Pro Bowl appearance, Marshall proposed to Michi Nogami-Campbell. Marshall told the Denver Post he met Nogami-Campbell while the two attended the University of Central Florida. The engagement prompted several sports writers to praise what they characterized as Marshall's maturity.

March 1, 2009: Marshall and his fianc??e, Nogami-Campbell, were seen by an off-duty Atlanta police officer arguing outside the same Atlanta condo Marshall once shared with Watley. According to a police report of the incident, the off-duty officer saw Marshall and Nogami-Campbell kicking and punching one another on the sidewalk outside the condo building. The off-duty officer said she saw Marshall grab Nogami-Campbell by the shirt and pin her up against the wall. Nogami-Campbell continued to kick and hit Marshall, the officer said. Both Marshall and Nogami-Campbell were arrested and taken to the Atlanta City Jail. They were released later that same day and charges were dismissed. In a statement to ESPN, the NFL said the incident remains "under review."

Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_14815157#ixzz0kHBCruWd

Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_14815157#ixzz0kHBD1EJV

EMB6903
04-05-2010, 08:00 PM
^^^^Are we now posting Marshall's criminal record 3 times a day?

T.K.O.
04-05-2010, 08:05 PM
^^^^Are we now posting Marshall's criminal record 3 times a day?

not me ,it was the first time i ever read all that and/or posted it.
sorry if it has been done already.not to mention the thread is about what shanny needs.
but i noticed the talk had turned to a debate about marshall and his past.
i had never heard about the "gun shot" in the parking lot and that bm said his dad tried to run him over and swore to "ruin his career" ....thats just messed up.i hope he can finally put all his baggage in the past and enjoy his new life with his new wife.
and a fatty new contract in denver.
but his past will have some bearing on his future....it does for all of us,and always will !:salute:

EMB6903
04-05-2010, 08:11 PM
no offense It just seems like somebody has been posting his criminal record atleast twice a day.

Italianmobstr7
04-05-2010, 08:24 PM
As you can see all of the problems are nearly 2 years old. The only incident in 09 was completely dismissed as if it never happened. Also, we have NO proof that he quit on the team this year. He got hurt in practice, even the media members saw it. He showed up 20 minutes late for treatment and was made inactive for a game. Thats hardly quitting on your team.

T.K.O.
04-05-2010, 08:34 PM
shanny does'nt need marshall.....mcD does !
i want to see what the broncos can do in the 2nd year of the system with as many quality players as possible.i hate the carousel that the league can be at times.
shanny can go get dez bryant....marshall is stayin' in denver :mad:

Ravage!!!
04-05-2010, 10:08 PM
As you can see all of the problems are nearly 2 years old. The only incident in 09 was completely dismissed as if it never happened. Also, we have NO proof that he quit on the team this year. He got hurt in practice, even the media members saw it. He showed up 20 minutes late for treatment and was made inactive for a game. Thats hardly quitting on your team.

yeah.. I get tired of that "he quit on the team" crap.... he didn't do any such thing. He didn't quit on the team any more than McD did by sitting him for being late for PT. Its a stupid statement when someone says it, base purely on negative bias.

Ravage!!!
04-05-2010, 10:10 PM

One doesn't have anything to do with the other.

Marshall is as good if not better than every draft pick you can take...because you KNOW he's a beast on the field. Just because you have your prejudice and dislike for him, doesn't take that away.

But the reasons he's basically on the trade block has NOTHING to do with his talent being better than anyone we could draft. Nothing. Completely separate facts.

Poet
04-05-2010, 10:51 PM
One doesn't have anything to do with the other.

Marshall is as good if not better than every draft pick you can take...because you KNOW he's a beast on the field. Just because you have your prejudice and dislike for him, doesn't take that away.

But the reasons he's basically on the trade block has NOTHING to do with his talent being better than anyone we could draft. Nothing. Completely separate facts.

I don't even know what to say to this.

Screaming "HE CAN PLAY! HE CAN PLAY!" and ignoring reality is silly.

Also, I never said his play is why he's on the trading block. Nor did I even come close to implying it.

TXBRONC
04-05-2010, 10:56 PM

Also, I never said his play is why he's on the trading block. Nor did I even come close to implying it.

Ignoring reality is either denying that Marshall doesn't have a checkered past which haven't seen anyone deny or its ignoring the guy has talent like you have. Now that's silly.

Poet
04-05-2010, 11:04 PM
Ignoring reality is either denying that Marshall doesn't have a checkered past which haven't seen anyone deny or its ignoring the guy has talent like you have. Now that's silly.

Let's try to actually be correct for once.

I've called him a top ten and top five WR before. I know how good he is.

Show me where I ever bashed how good he was on the field. I know a few times I made the unforgivable sin of pointing out flaws in his game because I don't have a retarded man crush on the guy like most of his fanboys do. My bad.

Keep up.

TXBRONC
04-05-2010, 11:11 PM
Let's try to actually be correct for once.

I've called him a top ten and top five WR before. I know how good he is.

Show me where I ever bashed how good he was on the field. I know a few times I made the unforgivable sin of pointing out flaws in his game because I don't have a retarded man crush on the guy like most of his fanboys do. My bad.

Keep up.

The stupid puerile name calling isn't need.

(Read this slowly) Do you think you can keep up?

Poet
04-05-2010, 11:20 PM
The stupid puerile name calling isn't need.

(Read this slowly) Do you think you can keep up?

I'm sorry, I guess I just get irritated when people accuse me of saying things that I haven't said, or, ignoring things that I HAVE said because it suites them.

You've been lapped by a fat man.

TXBRONC
04-05-2010, 11:22 PM
I'm sorry, I guess I just get irritated when people accuse me of saying things that I haven't said, or, ignoring things that I HAVE said because it suites them.

You've been lapped by a fat man.

Don't think so porky. :D j/k

Poet
04-05-2010, 11:23 PM
Don't think so porky. :D j/k

You are what you eat. :D

sneakers
04-06-2010, 01:33 AM
If he was traded you could call them the Washington Broncskins.....Just like we are the New Denver Patcos.

Italianmobstr7
04-06-2010, 04:46 AM
If he was traded you could call them the Washington Broncskins.....Just like we are the New Denver Patcos.

Except for that were the Denver Broncos... A lot of teams change and coaches pick up players they're comfortable with and most times some players come from their old team. I hate when people call us New Englad West or the Houston Texans Denver south. It's stupid. Were the same franchise with the same owner, same city, same colors. So what if Josh picks up a few former Patriots? Who cares if Shanny signs some former Broncos. That's to be expected. This is probably the stupidest rant I've ever posted but it's 4:45 am and this is one of my biggest pet peeves when I talk football with people.

Italianmobstr7
04-06-2010, 12:54 PM
A 5-time pro bowl QB with no character concerns, who has taken his team to 5NFCC games and 1 Super Bowl just went for an early 2nd...

He's only worth a 2nd (and a 3rd or a 4th next yr) because he's 33 years old and in the decline of his career. He's also been injury prone. Marshall is going into his 5th year and has been one of the most dominant WRs in the league over the past 3 years. That's why he's worth a 1st.

Ravage!!!
04-06-2010, 12:57 PM

Because of one signing? Who else has Shanahan brought over from Denver? :confused:

Ravage!!!
04-06-2010, 01:10 PM

You complained/remarked that those saying he is 'BETTER' than anyone in the draft' are ignoring the plethora of reasons as to why he's on the trading block.

Those are two different subjects. Again. One is saying that he's a better talent than any other pick in the draft. Two is the problems outside the field. Both can be right here, and NONE of the people saying "he's better than anyone in the draft" are necessarily ignoring ANYTHING that has to do with his off-field problems.

You can actually say both.. and see both.

The problem is that you see him as such a disaster.. such a problem... that you want to simply accept that everyone should just WANT to get rid of him. As if his problems are such a huge issue, that those of us that admire his talent shouldn't wish for him to be on the team, but purely wish him gone. Its almost as if its unfathomable to think that we can "LIVE" with such a history or such a player.

I personally, get tired of seeing that from posters. That we should simply and totally have our "Moral" highground hats on, and toss the best player the Broncos have, purely because some want to believe that everything is going downhill. We "un-moraled" fans are looking away, and those that want Marshall gone are the ones that can "see the light" Those those that don't see it the same way have some kind of "man crush" that is blinding them.

TXBRONC
04-06-2010, 02:51 PM
You complained/remarked that those saying he is 'BETTER' than anyone in the draft' are ignoring the plethora of reasons as to why he's on the trading block.

Those are two different subjects. Again. One is saying that he's a better talent than any other pick in the draft. Two is the problems outside the field. Both can be right here, and NONE of the people saying "he's better than anyone in the draft" are necessarily ignoring ANYTHING that has to do with his off-field problems.

The problem is that you see him as such a disaster.. such a problem... that you want to simply accept that everyone should just WANT to get rid of him. As if his problems are such a huge issue, that those of us that admire his talent shouldn't wish for him to be on the team, but purely wish him gone. Its almost as if its unfathomable to think that we can "LIVE" with such a history or such a player.

I personally, get tired of seeing that from posters. That we should simply and totally have our "Moral" highground hats on, and toss the best player the Broncos have, purely because some want to believe that everything is going downhill. We "un-moraled" fans are looking away, and those that want Marshall gone are the ones that can "see the light" as it is..... those that don't see it the same way.... now have some kine of "man crush" that is blinding them.

I don't think it's consistent saying get rid of Marshall when the Bengals had a receiver that was actually worse then Marshall and end up with a 8 game suspension and that was after two or three years of run ins with the law. And to say "We'll he got his act together." doesn't wash. The fact is he didn't get his life together until after his suspension. Interestingly Henry wasn't even a starter so there is no way he was as valuable to the Bengals as Marshall is to the Broncos.

Northman
04-06-2010, 03:02 PM
A 5-time pro bowl QB with no character concerns, who has taken his team to 5NFCC games and 1 Super Bowl just went for an early 2nd... but yeah a WR who bails on his team, last game of the year, while they were trying to make the playoffs... yup... THAT guy is worth the 6th overall pick Washington would have to give up in the above scenario... and then we'll get a guy who is likely a top 3/4 pick at 6... the endless stupidity and fantasy land stuff seriously has to end.

:lol:

/thread

NickelTG
04-06-2010, 04:12 PM

In a few years,when Mcnabb is sitting on his couch watching football..Marshall will still be a star receiver..Age is the difference.Marshall is a big time playmaker. Who else on the offense steps up and makes plays like him?

Here's a grand idea..Let's get a team full of harvard grads with no physical ability..That way everyone will be happy with no off field issues and losing every game. Sounds like a good "system"

Italianmobstr7
04-06-2010, 05:43 PM

I personally, get tired of seeing that from posters. That we should simply and totally have our "Moral" highground hats on, and toss the best player the Broncos have, purely because some want to believe that everything is going downhill. We "un-moraled" fans are looking away, and those that want Marshall gone are the ones that can "see the light" Those those that don't see it the same way have some kind of "man crush" that is blinding them.

Great post! :congrats::congrats::congrats: And I was beginning to think that I was the only one who still really liked Marshall amongst Broncos fans.

Lancane
04-06-2010, 09:12 PM
Ok, time to put you down for a nap, madden.
You will wake up and you will be back in your favorite fantasy at broncomania.

Hey... I'm allowed to dream! :laugh:

TXBRONC
04-06-2010, 11:01 PM
Hey... I'm allowed to dream! :laugh:

No you're not sorry bub. :D

Poet
04-07-2010, 12:23 AM

And I was right.

No, it's linked. People are saying "Keep him because he's proven and currently better than them." That's fine, but you're not acknowledging why he is there.

It's a bad argument to say "Keep him because he's better than them," and not acknowledge the reasons why this situation is what it is because you are literally ignoring reality. That's my phrase.

If I say "Draft Bryant and trade Marshall because Bryant is likely to be a beast and doesn't have the real baggage that BM has," it's an actual argument that is formed from reality.

"Keep BM because he is proven," isn't. Everyone knows that BM is currently better than any of those players. Everyone knows that BM is going to be a better WR than the VAST majority of those players at their respective positions (I believe that a WR can be a better WR than a QB can be a QB, but some people disagree and it has it's own merits).

It's not because it's not paying attention to the situation as a whole.

I was laughing at the cherrypicking.

I see Brandon Marshall as Brandon Marshall. A great player who is a problem child, a malcontent and a detriment.

Is it unfathomable? No. Terrell has had a ton of suitors over his career. Jeff George falls into that category. Randy Moss, Carl Pickens, etc etc etc.

It's not unfathomable.

I never said anything about moral high ground. I never called you 'un-moraled'. I never said I can see the light.

What I have done, is look at the situation and give you my opinion without cherry picking anything.

I didn't ignore him being found innocent. I didn't act like it was impossible for an athlete to get off on something they did. I didn't ignore his production. I didn't act like the context of how he got his stats didn't happen. I didn't ignore the fact that he's one of if not your best players. I didn't ignore the fact that McDaniels seems to be a 'my way or the highway' type of guy.

But, I didn't ignore the fact that he quit on his team twice. I didn't ignore the flaws in his game. I didn't ignore the fact that he lacks a big dollar contract because of him. I didn't forgot why you guys got him in the fourth round.

Here's the funny part, most of his supporters do nothing but make excuses for him. They try to clean up his image for him. It's McDaniels, he was framed, the gang members are out to get him, blah blah blah.

I've even posted that I hope he turns his life around. I do.

The problem is that those people who present their garbage arguments dance around and around and have consistently ducked relevant questions and arguments against him.

A lot of them paint him as a martyr or 'misunderstood'.

It's rare to actually find a fan who has the stones to say "I don't care what he's done he's a ******* beastly player'. I can understand that argument.

But most of his supporters try to sugar coat it or act like their opinions aren't what they really are.

So once again, let's see if we can actually address what I SAY and not what you all WISHED I said.

The next time you go "MAN I REMEMBER KING87 SAYING THIS," go actually read what I said. It's remarkable how many times I have to correct people on what I said.

Lancane
04-07-2010, 12:34 AM
No you're not sorry bub. :D

Yes I am, it says so in my belated contract from the NFLN...oh crap, that was a dream too...Damnit all!

:lol:

Ravage!!!
04-07-2010, 10:54 AM
King.. I read everything you say, because I respect you as a poster. But don't tell me I'm not responding to what you mean simply because what you TYPE isn't read as you mean it. I have even gone back and read what I responded to, throw in previous threads/posts/conversations in knowing your perspective about Marshall, and I'm confident I didn't respond to something you did NOT say.

Many complain about people responding to things they didn't 'say'.. when the fact is, you aren't communicating. I'm reading what you are typing. Problem is, apparently you are typing something that you don't intend to say or insinuate.

You don't HAVE to "say" anything about moral high-ground.... but when some of the fans don't "see the things " that you say you do.... then you are saying that we/they are blind, but YOU can see, or that we are ignoring that the 'unbiased' (:eyeroll: ) perspective.

Now Marshall has quit on his team twice, when I haven't seen any sign that he "quit" on his team a single time. Please, I swear, if you tell me the "injury" at practice is quitting on the team, I'll Explode. That is NOTHING more than fans-o-hate doing their best to twist the facts. Reports from practice, from writers, observed the injury. This ENTIRE "he faked an injury.. .he couldn't practice when its cold.. he quit on the team" is nothing more than negative propaganda crap that most CERTAINLY is not a fact.... no matter HOW many times you try to use it as such to make your point (and I'm sure you'll say that this is just a fan making excuses for him).

I've seen MUCH MUCH more Lame/BS/Crap attacks on Marshall than I've seen sorry excuses. So yeah, I'm sure both sides are tired of hearing the JUNK that is escaping from either side of the fence. But for some reason, those attacking Marshall feel all their "observations" are facts, and the fans are just excuse makers.

Bosco
04-10-2010, 01:35 AM

We tried that, and he refused. Brandon has made it pretty clear he has no interest in signing a contract that includes protections for the team, and the team isn't going to invest a huge contract in him without those protections.

At this point, I just want him off the team. He's highly overrated and simply not worth the headaches he brings.

TXBRONC
04-10-2010, 05:23 PM
We tried that, and he refused. Brandon has made it pretty clear he has no interest in signing a contract that includes protections for the team, and the team isn't going to invest a huge contract in him without those protections.

At this point, I just want him off the team. He's highly overrated and simply not worth the headaches he brings.

Problematic yes saying he's overrated comes across as personal bias.

Poet
04-10-2010, 05:30 PM
Problematic yes saying overrated is just personal bias because you don't like the guy.

Anyone can be overrated.

I'll use Joe Montana as an example. He seems to be the default 'greatest QB of all time' player that be go to.

"Joe Montana is the greatest QB of all time and no other QB is even close to being as good as he was."

JM has a great argument for the best QB of all time. However, that statement overrates him because a lot of other guys have strong arguments for that debate.

He's probably a top five WR, fwiw.

Ravage!!!
04-10-2010, 05:32 PM

Oh? what contract are you talking about? The one that was 'supposedly' 9.5 million? No one knows anything about that contract. Are you talking about another contract that that had "protections" that I don't know about.

Every coach in the NFL would LOVE to sign top players to contracts with no up-front money. That would be their dream. They get all the benefits and none of the risk. You would have to be a stupid player, to accept that contract.

Also.. highly over-rated? Really? I don't know where you get that, but it really does show that you have a low ability to judge talent.

TXBRONC
04-10-2010, 05:51 PM
Anyone can be overrated.

I'll use Joe Montana as an example. He seems to be the default 'greatest QB of all time' player that be go to.

"Joe Montana is the greatest QB of all time and no other QB is even close to being as good as he was."

JM has a great argument for the best QB of all time. However, that statement overrates him because a lot of other guys have strong arguments for that debate.

He's probably a top five WR, fwiw.

Just because some people hold the opinion that Montana is the greatest quarterback of all time doesn't mean he's overrated. All it means is that's their opinion.

There is only one player in all of football that I think argument can be made that he was clearly the best to ever play his position and that's Jim Brown. I think with every other position you have group of players that dominate their respective positions at the time that they play.

Poet
04-10-2010, 06:19 PM
Just because some people hold the opinion that Montana is the greatest quarterback of all time doesn't mean he's overrated. All it means is that's their opinion.

There is only one player in all of football that I think argument can be made that he was clearly the best to ever play his position and that's Jim Brown. I think with every other position you have group of players that dominate their respective positions at the time that they play.

If you say that Joe Montana is hands down the best QB of all time and no other QB can compare to him you're overrating him.

I think Jim Brown is the greatest RB of all time, I think he's the best football player of all time, but there are a lot of RBs who have claim.

Bosco
04-10-2010, 06:22 PM
Problematic yes saying he's overrated comes across as personal bias.

He is overrated. People constantly talk about him like he's some kind of superstar but he routinely fails to show up for games. He's a great receiver no doubt, but he's not the world beating super-stud people would have you believe.

Oh? what contract are you talking about? The one that was 'supposedly' 9.5 million? No one knows anything about that contract. Are you talking about another contract that that had "protections" that I don't know about. That 9.5 million dollar contract would have made him the 2nd highest paid receiver in the league.

Every coach in the NFL would LOVE to sign top players to contracts with no up-front money. That would be their dream. They get all the benefits and none of the risk. You would have to be a stupid player, to accept that contract. Agreed, but we're not talking about only up front money. We're talking about behavior clauses and the like.

Also.. highly over-rated? Really? I don't know where you get that, but it really does show that you have a low ability to judge talent. See my reply to TXBRONC.

Lonestar
04-10-2010, 06:28 PM
We all have our favorites.

Obviously some feel that BM is exceptional enough to overlook all of those demerits he has aqquired.

To others that is a huge cause for concern, enough that we would rather have him be someones problem child.

Whether a contract was offered no one knows for sure.

But I find it intresting that after coming to training camp he was in poor enough spirits to jog, NON catch and KICK.

Supposedly after meeting with Josh.

Anyone want to bet that they talked money just before he got stupid and suspended.

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel.

EMB6903
04-10-2010, 06:53 PM
He is overrated. People constantly talk about him like he's some kind of superstar but he routinely fails to show up for games. He's a great receiver no doubt, but he's not the world beating super-stud people would have you believe.

That 9.5 million dollar contract would have made him the 2nd highest paid receiver in the league.

Agreed, but we're not talking about only up front money. We're talking about behavior clauses and the like.

See my reply to TXBRONC.

LMAO!

You couldnt be more wrong, Brandon Marshall is one of the most consistent recievers in the league.

Since 2007 (when Brandon Marshall became a starter) hes only recorded 8 games of having 47 receiving yards or less, thats as many as Larry Fitzgerald, and less then recievers like Randy Moss (14), Vincent Jackson (13), and Reggie Wayne (12) who have all had better QB's to work with.

Ravage!!!
04-10-2010, 06:55 PM

That 9.5 million dollar contract would have made him the 2nd highest paid receiver in the league.

Agreed, but we're not talking about only up front money. We're talking about behavior clauses and the like.

See my reply to TXBRONC.

Are we? Because you are making a lot of claims about a contract Marshall "wouldn't sign" that would have helped the Broncos, as if its fact, and I haven't read anything about such a contract. Speculation at the best.

The 'one' contract that was supposedly offered, isn't even a fact at all. No one knows anything concrete about his 'supposed' 9.5 million dollar contract. Not to mention, I don't give a rats-ass if it would have made him the second highest paid WR for that one season. That would have been a stupid contract to sign, especially for a team that misdiagnosed your last injury and put your career at risk, then didn't give you a raise when coming back.

Your "routinely" fails to fall short in games is based on nothing other than your dislike... nothing more. I can take any WR in the NFL and show where they "routinely" fail to show up for games. Catchign 100 balls for three straight seasons doesn't exactly show me a guy that isn't around very often. Shows a WR that is there, very often. More so than any other WR.

But hey. Just because YOU say he's over rated doesn't make it any fact, that just states your opinion. Thats cool, thats your right. If you want to believe he's not worth top WR money, more power to you. I just don't think the Broncos get better by continuing to ship off their best talent.

TXBRONC
04-10-2010, 07:27 PM

See my reply to TXBRONC.

Routinely fails to show up for games? Not hardly. No receiver goes over 100 catches and routinely fails to show up in games. That just your personal bias which doesn't jive with reality.

Saying that contract is worth 9.5 million dollars is meaningless unless you know details and I haven't seen any details. If you have verifiable facts please share.

Bosco
04-10-2010, 07:34 PM
LMAO!

You couldnt be more wrong.

Really? How? I can put you to a ton of games over his career where had very little impact on the game. He's the definition of a boom or bust player.

Are we? Because you are making a lot of claims about a contract Marshall "wouldn't sign" that would have helped the Broncos, as if its fact, and I haven't read anything about such a contract. Speculation at the best.

The 'one' contract that was supposedly offered, isn't even a fact at all. No one knows anything concrete about his 'supposed' 9.5 million dollar contract. Not to mention, I don't give a rats-ass if it would have made him the second highest paid WR for that one season. That would have been a stupid contract to sign, especially for a team that misdiagnosed your last injury and put your career at risk, then didn't give you a raise when coming back. Yeah, it a 9.5 million dollar a year contract that had very little in the way of long term guaranteed money. Alot of it was tied to performance and behavior clauses. The team would be stupid to offer anything different.

What reasons could Marshall have for not signing the contract other than not trusting himself to perform or stay healthy? The injury misdiagnosis doesn't hold much water since the team would be the subject of a malpractice suit in that case.

Your "routinely" fails to fall short in games is based on nothing other than your dislike... nothing more. I can take any WR in the NFL and show where they "routinely" fail to show up for games. Catchign 100 balls for three straight seasons doesn't exactly show me a guy that isn't around very often. Shows a WR that is there, very often. More so than any other WR. Go look at some of the truly elite receivers in recent NFL history and show me how many of them had as many mediocre games as Marshall? It just doesn't happen. Marshall will have those 21 catch games that is a 5th of his production for the year, and then he'll have games where he does nothing.

That's not elite production.

Let's flip it like this. How many of our wins last year do we drop if we remove Marshall from the equation? The answer would be one, the Patriots game.

If you want to believe he's not worth top WR money, more power to you. I just don't think the Broncos get better by continuing to ship off their best talent. No, I think he's worth top receiver money, provided there are protections for the team. He's not open to that, so I don't want him around at the cost it'd require to keep him. Let someone else deal with his headaches.

TXBRONC
04-10-2010, 07:54 PM
If you say that Joe Montana is hands down the best QB of all time and no other QB can compare to him you're overrating him.

I think Jim Brown is the greatest RB of all time, I think he's the best football player of all time, but there are a lot of RBs who have claim.

King that's your opinion and that's fine but at the end of the day it's still just your opinion.

I'm glad you and I agree about Brown but I think there really only two maybe three other running backs that can make a strong case that they are the best of all time.

Poet
04-10-2010, 07:57 PM
King that's your opinion and that's fine but at the end of the day it's still just your opinion.

I'm glad you and I agree about Brown but I think there really only two maybe three other running backs that can make a strong case that they are the best of all time.

:tsk:

Jim Brown, Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, Gale Sayers, Marshall Faulk, Emmitt Smith.

All of those guys have fine arguments for being the GOAT.

Any player can be overrated.

EMB6903
04-10-2010, 08:03 PM
Really? How? I can put you to a ton of games over his career where had very little impact on the game. He's the definition of a boom or bust player.

You couldnt be more wrong, Brandon Marshall is one of the most consistent recievers in the league.

Since 2007 (when Brandon Marshall became a starter) hes only recorded 8 games of having 47 receiving yards or less, thats as many as Larry Fitzgerald, and less then recievers like Randy Moss (14), Vincent Jackson (13), and Reggie Wayne (12) who have all had better QB's to work with.

Id love for you to show me the "tons of games" where hes had little to no impact.

TXBRONC
04-10-2010, 08:12 PM
:tsk:

Jim Brown, Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, Gale Sayers, Marshall Faulk, Emmitt Smith.

All of those guys have fine arguments for being the GOAT.

Any player can be overrated.

Sayers' career was way to short a career for him be considered the best of all time. Smith had a great career but he also had a great offensive line in front of him.

As I said there are two maybe three other running backs that in my opinion that make a good argument for being the best of all time. Payton and Sanders are the two other running backs that could challenge Brown for sure in my opinion.

Poet
04-10-2010, 08:21 PM
Sayers' career was way to short a career for him be considered the best of all time. Smith had a great career but he also had a great offensive line in front of him.

As I said there are two maybe three other running backs that in my opinion that make a good argument for being the best of all time. Payton and Sanders are the two other running backs that could challenge Brown for sure in my opinion.

I'm not big on the Sayer's argument at all, but he has valid arguments to be made. Ironically, for those same reasons I'm not big on Terrell Davis getting into the HoF, but I acknowledge that TD has an argument as well.

Smith had a great career and had a great cast. However, his records are his records, and he was durable as all get-out and had a nose for the endzone. He has an argument.

Sanders had no offensive line but wasn't very powerful, couldn't block to save his life and was only a pretty good pass catching back.

The list goes on and on.

Montana played on a stacked team on both offense and defense. Marino was a stat god and never won a ring. Brett Favre threw a ton of picks but is a stat god and won a SB. John Elway carried teams and won two SB's.

That's my point. When you get to the very upper echelon of the best players of all-time at any position it gets very close. That's why it's almost always insane to say "so and so is the best of all-time hands down.'

That's why it's possible for anybody to be overrated.

BM is probably a top five WR. However, I've seen people call him the best WR in football and that is overrating him.

LT was considered to be the best RB in the NFL for a long time, but when he had that utterly stupid year in 06 people were saying that he was the best RB of all time. He was a HOFer then, but that was absurd.

Anyone can be overrated.

TXBRONC
04-10-2010, 08:30 PM
I'm not big on the Sayer's argument at all, but he has valid arguments to be made. Ironically, for those same reasons I'm not big on Terrell Davis getting into the HoF, but I acknowledge that TD has an argument as well.

Smith had a great career and had a great cast. However, his records are his records, and he was durable as all get-out and had a nose for the endzone. He has an argument.

Sanders had no offensive line but wasn't very powerful, couldn't block to save his life and was only a pretty good pass catching back.

The list goes on and on.

Montana played on a stacked team on both offense and defense. Marino was a stat god and never won a ring. Brett Favre threw a ton of picks but is a stat god and won a SB. John Elway carried teams and won two SB's.

That's my point. When you get to the very upper echelon of the best players of all-time at any position it gets very close. That's why it's almost always insane to say "so and so is the best of all-time hands down.'

That's why it's possible for anybody to be overrated.

BM is probably a top five WR. However, I've seen people call him the best WR in football and that is overrating him.

LT was considered to be the best RB in the NFL for a long time, but when he had that utterly stupid year in 06 people were saying that he was the best RB of all time. He was a HOFer then, but that was absurd.

Anyone can be overrated.

That still just an opinion not fact.

Bosco
04-10-2010, 08:59 PM
Id love for you to show me the "tons of games" where hes had little to no impact.

2008: Week 1 (suspended) Week 5, Week 9, Week 15 and Week 17.

2009: Week 1, Week 2, Week 6, Week 8, Week 11, Week 16 and Week 17 (suspended).

Also keep in mind that his catch to touchdown ratio is pretty poor.

TXBRONC
04-10-2010, 09:03 PM

Yeah the quarterback had nothing to do with that what so ever did he? :coffee:

Fact is you have a bias and if you find something you think serves your cause you'll throw it out there with no context. Brilliant.

broncohead
04-10-2010, 09:09 PM

We sucked at scoring as a team. You can't put that on one player.

TXBRONC
04-10-2010, 09:11 PM
We sucked at scoring as a team. You can't put that on one player.

That only matters if you attempt to be objective.

Lonestar
04-10-2010, 09:14 PM
Like no on here has a bias like Bosco.

Yeah I've got beach front land for sale down the street.

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel

EMB6903
04-10-2010, 09:15 PM

lol @ counting the games he didnt play in.

week 9 of 2008 against Miami I guess you could say he was shut out, but those who actually watched the game really know Marshall was called for a BS pass interference call that negated a 60+ yard touchdown catch.

week 17 in 2008 Marshall had 6 receptions for 55 yards. Thats an average game not "failing to show up"

week 6 of 2009 Marshall had 5 receptions for 49 yards..again. an average game.

so thats 7 games in the last 2 years where you could say he didnt produce, and I still dont even really count the first 2 games of the year knowing he knew probably 60% of the playbook at that point it was his first live action in 8 months...

TXBRONC
04-10-2010, 09:16 PM
Like no on here has a bias like Bosco.

Yeah I've got beach front land for sale down the street.

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel

You need stop drinking the water from the other side of border hoss it's causing to hallucinate. :D

EMB6903
04-10-2010, 09:18 PM
Marshall has 23 touchdowns in his first 3 years as a starter (10 last year). thats not great by any means but to say its horrible isnt too smart.

Bosco
04-10-2010, 09:23 PM
Yeah the quarterback had nothing to do with that what so ever did he? :coffee: I get it. It's everyone's fault but Brandon's. Never mind the fact that he had some very good games with Orton throwing him the ball and even set the single game reception record with him, but when he has a bad game it's the other guy's fault.

Fact is you have a bias and if you find something you think serves your cause you'll throw it out there with no context. Brilliant. What bias do I have and how does that effect my posting? If you have a problem with the context, throw up your counterpoint and we'll discuss it's merits.

We sucked at scoring as a team. You can't put that on one player. Yeah I know. I've repeatedly argued that point with people who thought the 2008 offense was so great. That said, Marshall has never put up the points that other elite receivers do. Hell, he just had his first ever double digit touchdown season and it was his 3rd year of 100+ catches.

Bosco
04-10-2010, 09:39 PM
lol @ counting the games he didnt play in. His conduct directly lead to his suspension and removed his services from the team, so how can you ignore that?

week 9 of 2008 against Miami I guess you could say he was shut out, but those who actually watched the game really know Marshall was called for a BS pass interference call that negated a 60+ yard touchdown catch. Bolded the important word here. I agree it was a piss poor call but it was called so it didn't happen. I might be a little more forgiving of him had he actually done something else in that game, but 2 catches for 27 yards is abysmal for a supposed elite #1 receiver.

week 17 in 2008 Marshall had 6 receptions for 55 yards. Thats an average game not "failing to show up" 6 catches for 55 yards in a game where the playoffs were on the line and we were chucking the ball around like it was Madden (thanks alot, Jeremy Bates) is a poor showing.

week 6 of 2009 Marshall had 5 receptions for 49 yards..again. an average game. Didn't even average 10 yards a catch. I can forgive that in games where he's the only real target at catching 18 or 21 passes, but not in a divisional game where we were passing the ball fairly well and you only get 5 receptions.

so thats 7 games in the last 2 years where you could say he didnt produce That's basically a quarter of the season where he don't show up. You may be ok with handing a huge contract to a supposed elite receiver who doesn't show up for a quarter of every season and has a list of legal troubles as long as my arm, but I'm not.

and I still dont even really count the first 2 games of the year knowing he knew probably 60% of the playbook at that point it was his first live action in 8 months... Had he not got himself suspended for being a jackass and interrupting practice, he would have been more prepared. Again, that falls in Brandon's lap and no one else's.

Marshall has 23 touchdowns in his first 3 years as a starter (10 last year). thats not great by any means but to say its horrible isnt too smart. 23 touchdowns over 307 receptions is not a good ratio.

Ravage!!!
04-10-2010, 09:51 PM

Andre Johnson over rated?

EMB6903
04-10-2010, 09:58 PM
no WR is going to show up every game.The fact is Brandon Marshall is more consistent then receivers like Roddy White, Reggie Wayne, Randy Moss, Greg Jennings, Vincent Jackson, Steve Smith, Anquan Boldin, and Chad Johnson. To say he fails to show up for games all the time is stupidity at its finest.

only 8 games where hes had under 45 yards recieving the last 3 years. thats 2nd best to Andre Johnson with 4.

broncohead
04-10-2010, 10:08 PM
Yeah I know. I've repeatedly argued that point with people who thought the 2008 offense was so great. That said, Marshall has never put up the points that other elite receivers do. Hell, he just had his first ever double digit touchdown season and it was his 3rd year of 100+ catches.

How many other WRs have had 3 straight 100+ catch seasons? Even with a new offense he hauled in the catches when many thought the new offense wouldn't fit his style of play. Many thought Royal would have been the beast cause of Welker.

Ravage!!!
04-10-2010, 10:13 PM
Yet, if he has games in the medium range, you call it 'disappearing'... its a joke

Yeah, it a 9.5 million dollar a year contract that had very little in the way of long term guaranteed money. Alot of it was tied to performance and behavior clauses. The team would be stupid to offer anything different.
Really? You must have some pretty inside information, because I havent' seen ANY of this info. You are the ONLY one that knows what was in that contract. In fact, I know I've seen articles written by beat writers that question if a contract was at all offered, since so little is known other than the 'rumor' that it was.

So you claiming that "a lot" (which is two words, not one) was tied to performance and behavior, is made up bunk.

If you can't figure out why a player wouldn't take such a contract, then I just ahve to say Bosco, you aren't too sharp. Thats not a contract any player would accept.

Also.. you are SOOOOO wrong on the 'malpractice' portion of your argument, its laughable!! :lol: Are you serious? Dude.. you are so much out of touch, you must be on some kind of high-flying drug. How much did Al Wilson get with this so-called "malpractice" suit??:lol:

This shows where your lame bias doesn't mean much intelligence and/or knowledge.

That's not elite production.

Uhmm... 3 consecutive 100+ catch seasons, is about as elite as you get. Marshall exceeds Andre Johnson in catches, yards, and TDs over the first four seasons of their career. In fact, this was the first season that Andre ever had double digit TD catches.

Let me guess, he's not elite either?

Let's flip it like this. How many of our wins last year do we drop if we remove Marshall from the equation? The answer would be one, the Patriots game.
Uhmm.. Dallas??? Not to mention, considering how much attention he gathers, what makes you think that the production from lame WRs like Gaffney didn't benefit from having the elite presence of Marshall?? You don't think our QB new who the best player on the field was??

I would say our offense was much much worse without Marshall on the field. I shudder to think how lame our bubble screens would be without his elite abilty to gain yardage after the catch.

EMB6903
04-10-2010, 10:16 PM
Uhmm... 3 consecutive 100+ catch seasons, is about as elite as you get. Marshall exceeds Andre Johnson in catches, yards, and TDs over the first four seasons of their career. In fact, this was the first season that Andre ever had double digit TD catches.

Let me guess, he's not elite either?

thats what people fail to realize...Marshall is still on his rookie contract having only started 3 full years in this league.

Hes only going to get better.

Ravage!!!
04-10-2010, 10:17 PM
23 touchdowns over 307 receptions is not a good ratio.

what would you consider 17 with 311 catches?

EMB6903
04-10-2010, 10:27 PM
3 different play callers, and 2 different systems in 3 years.

2007 with Shanahan= 102 receptions, 1325 yards receiving, 7 TDs.

2008 with Bates= 104 receptions, 1265 yards receiving, 6 TD's.

2009 with Mcdaniels= 101 receptions,1120 yards receiving, 10 TDs.

Bosco
04-10-2010, 11:52 PM
Andre Johnson over rated?

No. He's more consistent than Marshall and has put up a similar Catch/TD ration to Marshall in a far less ideal situation.

no WR is going to show up every game.The fact is Brandon Marshall is more consistent then receivers like Roddy White, Reggie Wayne, Randy Moss, Greg Jennings, Vincent Jackson, Steve Smith, Anquan Boldin, and Chad Johnson. To say he fails to show up for games all the time is stupidity at its finest.

only 8 games where hes had under 45 yards recieving the last 3 years. thats 2nd best to Andre Johnson with 4. I'm well aware that he's not going to have great stats every game, but he disappears much more than he should. As for your list of players, look at the players they share the ball with. Everyone of them shares the ball with much better players than Marshall does, who was basically the only viable target in 2007 and 2009.

How many other WRs have had 3 straight 100+ catch seasons? Even with a new offense he hauled in the catches when many thought the new offense wouldn't fit his style of play. Many thought Royal would have been the beast cause of Welker. Anyone who didn't think this offense fit Marshall simply doesn't know football and McD's offense.

Yet, if he has games in the medium range, you call it 'disappearing'... its a joke Call it what you want, but it's under-performance from a supposed elite receiver who was the focal point of the offense.

Judging by the lack of any action for him by other NFL teams suggest that they don't have the inflated view of him that you and many others do.

Really? You must have some pretty inside information, because I havent' seen ANY of this info. You are the ONLY one that knows what was in that contract. In fact, I know I've seen articles written by beat writers that question if a contract was at all offered, since so little is known other than the 'rumor' that it was.

So you claiming that "a lot" (which is two words, not one) was tied to performance and behavior, is made up bunk. Do I have inside information? Somewhat, but not relating to his contract.

Anyways, it's not my fault that you apparently slept through the information, but it's all over the internet. Here are a couple links for you since you couldn't spend the 10 seconds to run it through Google yourself.

The Broncos did offer Marshall a multiyear contract last summer worth approximately $9.5 million a season, according to two NFL sources.

Marshall rejected the proposal because the contract structure had relatively little money upfront, and also because the receiver preferred to play elsewhere.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=163386

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/The_Trenches/entry/view/60918/brandon_marshall_still_waiting_on_a_big_offer

Also, do you really want to start the spelling and grammar Nazi game with me? If you really want to drag things down to that level just let me know and I'll get the red pen out for your posts as well.

If you can't figure out why a player wouldn't take such a contract, then I just ahve to say Bosco, you aren't too sharp. Can you read? I know exactly why he wouldn't sign it.

Thats not a contract any player would accept.

Not many players have to sign those contracts because not many of them come with Marshall's baggage.

Also.. you are SOOOOO wrong on the 'malpractice' portion of your argument, its laughable!! :lol: Are you serious? Dude.. you are so much out of touch, you must be on some kind of high-flying drug. How much did Al Wilson get with this so-called "malpractice" suit??:lol:

This shows where your lame bias doesn't mean much intelligence and/or knowledge. Ok smartass, let's hear how I'm wrong. Throw out some facts there and let's see how much you really know. You can start by explaining why Wilson lost and how it's not applicable to this situation.

Uhmm.. Dallas??? Marshall did nothing before scoring his touchdown and while it was a very good play on his part, you have to consider the following.

- It happened on 1st down
- We were 2 yards outside of Cowboy's territory
- The time still left on the clock
- The game was tied

Even if Marshall doesn't break free and score a touchdown, the odds are that we win that game on a last second field goal or touchdown. Worst case scenario, the game goes into overtime.

Not to mention, considering how much attention he gathers, what makes you think that the production from lame WRs like Gaffney didn't benefit from having the elite presence of Marshall?? You don't think our QB new who the best player on the field was?? Gaffney had the best game of his career when Marshall was suspended in week 17.

Next.

I would say our offense was much much worse without Marshall on the field. Of course it would.

Ravage!!!
04-11-2010, 09:48 AM
you posted a message board as a source?

Like I said, .. none of those articles had a single thing specific, and you are adding in your own interpretations. So your interpretations of the contract don't mean squat, Bosco.

Also... it's pretty evident why he woudlnt' sign it, and it has NOTHING to do with some lame-ass reasoning of 'worried about not performing.' The guy has performed outstandingly for the last 3 years in a row. No smart player, nor smart agent, would sign that contract. IF (and again, I don't think it was a real offer, but a rumor) that contract was offered, it was offered knowing he wouldn't sign it. No player would.

Omg "anyone who didn't think this offense fit marshall, doesn't know football"..... Then explain how he had 2 100 catch seasons PRIOR to McD even being a Bronco, Oh-genius-one??? Give me a friggin break.

Al Wilson was misdiagnosed with an injury when playing with the Broncos, and continued playing after his neck injury. As a result, when he was trying to play again and was 'traded' to the NY Giants, they gave him a medical exam and he failed..then failed again. Al tried to get compensation from the Broncos and filed for the misdiagnosis, but failed. How is that NOT relevant to this same example?

Malpractice suit?? dude, seriously..... that really made me laugh when you typed that "yeah, if they misdiagnosed he could sue"... I swear, when I read that I thought I was reading something a 4th grader would say.

You tried to tell me Andre Johnson was more consistent than Marshall? Really? I guess you just mean, consistently not there with as many catches, yards, or TDs????

311 catches and 17 TDs over the first four years doesn't sound to be more 'consistent' to me. That is what you said, right? That Andre Johnson was more consistent and had a 'similar TD ratio'?? I guess you mean the 4, 6, 2, 5 TD catches he caught his first four seasons that you mean by consistent?

Johnson: 311 catches to 17 TDs is a TD every 18.29 catches

Marshall: 327 catches to 25 TDs is a TD every 13.08 catches (if I used your stats of 307 catches and 23 TDs its 13.34)

Fitzgerald: 330 catches to 34 TDs is a TD every 9.70 catches

*Marshall is closer to Fitzgerald than he is Andre Johnson. Seems your dislike isn't exactly letting you see the light. But I"m going to guess you are going to make excuses for Andre ('cause you like him).

Bosco. I dont care if you like Marshall or not. I don't care if you want him here. I don't care if you don't think he is elite, or average, or if you think he is over-rated. Thats your right to have your own opinion and I know I'm not going to change it. So seriously, I mean it when I say "more power to your opinion." I mean, these stats are just numbers, and I'm the FIRST to tell you that stats are not the end story, but purely the beginning of the discussion. So I'm not going to say these numbers 'prove' that Marshall is as good of a player as Johnson. Although, I will say they start the discussion the he certainly matches up.

But dude, don't try to tell us you have 'inside' information (contract or not contract related), because isn't selling. No one is buying that junk, especially when you then try to blow stuff out your rear-end on information that just isn't fact.

That contract you are holding as your main source of argument, isn't even a known fact and we ABSOLUTELY have no details whatsoever on it. Claiming as to what it was, what it included, and how it was right for the Broncos and proves Marshall is this-nor-that, is asinine.

Lonestar
04-11-2010, 12:34 PM
OK folks let's knock off the personal little snipes and comments.

Please remember we are mostly mature adults here.

Let's get back

:focus:

TXBRONC
04-11-2010, 02:47 PM
I get it. It's everyone's fault but Brandon's. Never mind the fact that he had some very good games with Orton throwing him the ball and even set the single game reception record with him, but when he has a bad game it's the other guy's fault.

What bias do I have and how does that effect my posting? If you have a problem with the context, throw up your counterpoint and we'll discuss it's merits.

Yeah I know. I've repeatedly argued that point with people who thought the 2008 offense was so great. That said, Marshall has never put up the points that other elite receivers do. Hell, he just had his first ever double digit touchdown season and it was his 3rd year of 100+ catches.

Overreacting does nothing to improve your case it weakens it. If you can read then you know that I have not said Brandon bears no responsibility. However you've just said he "x" number of bad games there he didn't show up. That's a rather short sighted and biased view because you provide no context.

You have been given counters to your arguments but all you have done to this is go back to your talking points which has zero context.

Reggie Wayne has been in the League 10 years and three times has he ever put double touchdowns and never in consective seasons. The first time he ever did it was his fourth season sound familiar? Also he's put 100 or more receptions twice and that's just in the last three years. But of coarse he doesn't have sure fire Hall of Fame quarterback throwing to him does he? Micheal Irvin was elite receiver and he only put 100 catches or more once in his career and double digit touchdowns only once his career.

Ravage!!!
04-11-2010, 02:55 PM
Overreacting does nothing to improve your case it weakens it. If you can read then you know that I have not said Brandon bears no responsibility. However you've just said he "x" number of bad games there he didn't show up. That's a rather short sighted and biased view because you provide no context.

You have been given counters to your arguments but all you have done to this is go back to your talking points which has zero context.

Reggie Wayne has been in the League 10 years and three times has he ever put double touchdowns and never in consective seasons. The first time he ever did it was his fourth season sound familiar? Also he's put 100 or more receptions twice and that's just in the last three years. But of coarse he doesn't have sure fire Hall of Fame quarterback throwing to him does he? Micheal Irvin was elite receiver and he only put 100 catches or more once in his career and double digit touchdowns only once his career.

But I guess they were more consistent, despite having fewer catches, the same number of TDs...and a better QB

broncohead
04-11-2010, 03:11 PM
Anyone who didn't think this offense fit Marshall simply doesn't know football and McD's offense.

There were many people on this board saying Royal would be the next Welker and Marshalls production would suffer from Royal's play.

Poet
04-11-2010, 04:08 PM
But I guess they were more consistent, despite having fewer catches, the same number of TDs...and a better QB

But with more yards, a higher YPC, a QB who doesn't auto lock on them, more versatility with what they can do as far as routes and without the bullshit.

Ravage!!!
04-11-2010, 04:18 PM
But with more yards, a higher YPC, a QB who doesn't auto lock on them, more versatility with what they can do as far as routes and without the bullshit.

Sorry.. I just don't agree, King. Yes, Orton locks on to the #1 WR, not just Marshall. This was evident against the Chiefs when all he could do is throw to Gaffney.

Getting rid of talent doesn't make your offense more versatile. Thats what you say when you WANT something to be better without a particular player. THe Bengals offense was NOT better without Housh.

Continuing to bleed this offense dry of the best talent on the field is not the way to improve and become contenders. Thats backwards, imo.

Bosco
04-11-2010, 09:38 PM
you posted a message board as a source? Did you actually click the link genius? It was a cut and paste article that is only available to DP subscribers.

Like I said, .. none of those articles had a single thing specific, and you are adding in your own interpretations. So your interpretations of the contract don't mean squat, Bosco. If you had the slightest clue how NFL contracts worked, you'd know that the disparity between AAV and guaranteed money can really only come down to two things. Performance/workout bonuses and protection clauses.

Also... it's pretty evident why he woudlnt' sign it, and it has NOTHING to do with some lame-ass reasoning of 'worried about not performing.' The guy has performed outstandingly for the last 3 years in a row. No smart player, nor smart agent, would sign that contract. IF (and again, I don't think it was a real offer, but a rumor) that contract was offered, it was offered knowing he wouldn't sign it. No player would. He's not signing it because he's worried about not performing. It's either A) he doesn't want to play in Denver (in which case he's lying to the fanbase just like that bitch Jay Cutler) or B) he doesn't have faith in his ability to behave.

And as I said, it's pretty goddamn clear at this point that NO ONE holds the inflated view of Marshall that some of his nut-swingers hold. If they did, he would have been gone already.

Omg "anyone who didn't think this offense fit marshall, doesn't know football"..... Then explain how he had 2 100 catch seasons PRIOR to McD even being a Bronco, Oh-genius-one??? Give me a friggin break. What does Marshall's prior performance have to do with his ability to fit into McD's offense? Hell, do you even know what the hell you're arguing for at this point.

Al Wilson was misdiagnosed with an injury when playing with the Broncos, and continued playing after his neck injury. As a result, when he was trying to play again and was 'traded' to the NY Giants, they gave him a medical exam and he failed..then failed again. Al tried to get compensation from the Broncos and filed for the misdiagnosis, but failed. How is that NOT relevant to this same example? Right, and several legal analysts and even Wilson's lawyers said they missed a deadline that caused them to lose the grievance on a technicality when it went before the arbitrator.

Malpractice suit?? dude, seriously..... that really made me laugh when you typed that "yeah, if they misdiagnosed he could sue"... I swear, when I read that I thought I was reading something a 4th grader would say. And again, you dodge any discussion relating to why it couldn't happen. You can laugh out loud all you want, but when the rubber meets the road you have nothing.

Maybe you should go back to the kiddie debate table where you belong.

You tried to tell me Andre Johnson was more consistent than Marshall? Really? I guess you just mean, consistently not there with as many catches, yards, or TDs????

311 catches and 17 TDs over the first four years doesn't sound to be more 'consistent' to me. That is what you said, right? That Andre Johnson was more consistent and had a 'similar TD ratio'?? I guess you mean the 4, 6, 2, 5 TD catches he caught his first four seasons that you mean by consistent?

Johnson: 311 catches to 17 TDs is a TD every 18.29 catches

Marshall: 327 catches to 25 TDs is a TD every 13.08 catches (if I used your stats of 307 catches and 23 TDs its 13.34)

Fitzgerald: 330 catches to 34 TDs is a TD every 9.70 catches Nice cherry picking there. Let's run the career numbers and see how it works.

Andre Johnson: Touchdown every 13.9 catches
Brandon Marshall: Touchdown every 13.08 catches

*Marshall is closer to Fitzgerald than he is Andre Johnson. Seems your dislike isn't exactly letting you see the light. Not when you aren't playing fast and loose with the numbers. Pretty sad the tricks you have resort to backup your point.

But I"m going to guess you are going to make excuses for Andre ('cause you like him). I do?

Bosco. I dont care if you like Marshall or not. I don't care if you want him here. I don't care if you don't think he is elite, or average, or if you think he is over-rated. Thats your right to have your own opinion and I know I'm not going to change it. So seriously, I mean it when I say "more power to your opinion." I mean, these stats are just numbers, and I'm the FIRST to tell you that stats are not the end story, but purely the beginning of the discussion. So I'm not going to say these numbers 'prove' that Marshall is as good of a player as Johnson. Although, I will say they start the discussion the he certainly matches up. I totally agree, it's all just opinion. My opinion is you don't invest a bunch of money in a headcase of a wide receiver who is one misstep away from being suspended for 8 games or more unless there are some pretty major protection clauses in the contract. You seem to disagree and think the big contract would be a good investment. That's fine that you feel that way, even if it is the thinking that has sunk teams like the Raiders and Cowboys for years. Thankfully the Broncos (and so far, the rest of the league) stand on the correct side of the argument.

But dude, don't try to tell us you have 'inside' information (contract or not contract related), because isn't selling. No one is buying that junk, especially when you then try to blow stuff out your rear-end on information that just isn't fact. You asked, and I answered. If you don't want the answer or if you're just going to call bullshit no matter what the answer is, then don't ask the question in the first place.

That contract you are holding as your main source of argument, isn't even a known fact and we ABSOLUTELY have no details whatsoever on it. Claiming as to what it was, what it included, and how it was right for the Broncos and proves Marshall is this-nor-that, is asinine. See my point above regarding the contract. Contract deals are very rarely released in the NFL, so it takes a little critical thinking and the ability to put 1+1 together to come to the conclusion.

Some of us are more capable of that than others it would appear.

Reggie Wayne has spent his career sharing the ball with the likes of Marvin Harrison, Dallas Clark and Edgerrin James. That skews the numbers, so you have to look deeper than that.

There were many people on this board saying Royal would be the next Welker and Marshalls production would suffer from Royal's play. True, but unfortunately what happened is that McD was forced to play Royal at the "X" receiver position that Randy Moss plays in New England. Despite the fact he wasn't nearly as tall or as physical as you want for that position, he was the only one of our receivers who had the speed to play it. Ideally we'll get a tall speedster to play that role during the draft and we can let Royal settle into the Z receiver position that Welker plays.

Bosco
04-11-2010, 09:44 PM
Continuing to bleed this offense dry of the best talent on the field is not the way to improve and become contenders. Thats backwards, imo.

All of the offensive talent being shipped out is being done because of the way these players conducted themselves. If that didn't factor into the equation, I'd be right beside you in calling for McD's head, but that's just not the case here.