PDA

View Full Version : Brady Quinn vs Mark Sanchez

WARHORSE
04-02-2010, 03:59 AM
I just thought it amazing to see how everyone is talking about Mark Sanchez vs Quinn.

The difference? One plays with a dominant run game and Ryan led defense, and the other plays with nothing except Josh Cribbs.

Name one WR on the Browns who isnt named Cribbs.

Thats what I thought.

Take a look at the boy wonder Sanchez:

12 TDs...........20 INTs........ 53% Completion rate.........2444 yds

Quinn plays last year, struggles against defenses like Baltimore, Cincy, Pittsburg. He is under lots of pressure in those games and he has _________ to throw to in times of trouble? Who is his go to guy?

He plays well against Detroit and SD at the end of the year.

Sanchez has 15 starts under his belt, played terribly and is a rookie. I get it.

But Quinn doesnt even have that many starts to his name, and yet he sucks according to the clowns in Cleveland.

So what BAFFLES me in all this, is the Mike Holmgren show.

Holmgren signed Delhomme people. Is it just me or did anyone else get wide eyed and have a huge cartoon question mark and exclamation mark next to it appear above their heads when they heard this?

Delhomme? DELHOMME? Seriously?????? The PANTHERS, who staked their reputations on him swallowed their pride and CANNED the man.

He threw 8 TDs and 18 INTs last year.

Holmgren a QB guru? Since when? Well......not since Favre.

Im not the sharpest tool in the shed, but damn........I saw some of Delhommes games last year, and I saw some of Bradys. It wasnt even close.

This aint the Brady Quinn will save the day show.......but it is real live stats and considerations to take into account in giving him a decent shot and not crushing him before he even takes a snap here.....

QB play isnt all about stats, Im not losing sight of that.

But it seems to me some people are taking alot for granted while watching the great QB guru Mike Holmgren do his thing.

SoCalImport
04-02-2010, 04:38 AM
Lets see what he can do with protection, lets see what the protection looks like. If the run game isn't improved from last season Quinn will look bad (assuming he's playing, but same goes for Orton) and the forum will be buzzin about it..
One thing I do feel certain of is that the D will be better over the long haul in 2010. That will help.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-02-2010, 05:10 AM
His accuracy sucks, just about everything else he does shows all kinds of potential.

SR
04-02-2010, 06:24 AM
Why the hell are people comparing Quinn to Sanchez. Dumb.

CoachChaz
04-02-2010, 07:00 AM
Until Quinn is given the chance that Sanchez was given, it's impossible to compare the two.

Dirk
04-02-2010, 07:18 AM
Until Quinn is given the chance that Sanchez was given, it's impossible to compare the two.

I agree totally.

If we didn't have Orton, I would say start Quinn and let him play the entire season.

I believe that Orton however (if he stays healthy all season) is going to have a break-out year and possibly even a PB year.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-02-2010, 08:10 AM
I agree totally.

If we didn't have Orton, I would say start Quinn and let him play the entire season.

I believe that Orton however (if he stays healthy all season) is going to have a break-out year and possibly even a PB year.

Last season was his best in the NFL, and it only gets better from here. And if he fails, put in the gay kid! :D

rationalfan
04-02-2010, 08:52 AM
might as well compare quinn to sasquatch. they've seem about as much game time.

jlarsiii
04-02-2010, 10:06 AM
I hope Orton does well this year. We need it to make a push for the playoffs.

I think Quinn is Jake Plummer version 2.0. People will make the "on a bad team argument" but until Quinn can prove that he was not part of the problem there I will not entertain the notion that he will be any better then Jake. Bad habits and poor accuracy are hard to overcome.

For our team's sake I hope I am wrong about him, but that is what I think about him right now.

Ravage!!!
04-02-2010, 11:03 AM
DIdn't Holgrem take Hassleback to the Super Bowl?

hamrob
04-02-2010, 11:15 AM
I think the knock on Quinn for his accuracy is over-hyped. Yeah, he's only completed 50% of his throws in the NFL.

It's the CLEVELAND "F'ING" BROWNS PEOPLE!

He didn't even get 2 seconds to get rid of the ball and then he had no-one to throw the ball to and no running game to help him out. I don't care if it's Brady Quinn or Tom Brady...there not going to do much in that situation.

Quinn will be much improved in Denver and people will be saying how great McDaniels is in terms of turning QB's around. Orton will need to improve his play, or Quinn will overtake him. This is a good thing in my book.

hamrob
04-02-2010, 11:17 AM
DIdn't Holgrem take Hassleback to the Super Bowl?Yep, and Holmgren also believes in Senneca Wallace. :eek:

CoachChaz
04-02-2010, 11:34 AM
DIdn't Holgrem take Hassleback to the Super Bowl?

Yeah, but Seattle had a really good defense and a pretty impressive running game. Hasselbeck was pretty efficient that year...but not what I would call great.

WARHORSE
04-02-2010, 11:37 AM
Yep, and Holmgren also believes in Senneca Wallace. :eek:

Not to mention DELHOMEY.

WARHORSE
04-02-2010, 11:40 AM

Actually, you can compare pretty much anything. heh heh:D

Its as much comparing situations as anything imo, as well as public response to each of them.

Sanchez has been winning, Quinn has not.

But is he a better quarterback?

I dont think so.

Not yet anyway.

Shazam!
04-02-2010, 12:21 PM
The only aspect of all this I agree with is that Sanchez has some fantastic tools on the NYJ to work with. The NYJ are much better than given credit for and better than Denver too, unfortunately. Quinn has played with trash. As far as 'his accuracy sucks' and Quinn's intangibles, most problems can be coached.

Northman
04-02-2010, 12:32 PM
I just thought it amazing to see how everyone is talking about Mark Sanchez vs Quinn.

The difference? One plays with a dominant run game and Ryan led defense, and the other plays with nothing except Josh Cribbs.

Thats what I thought.

Quinn plays last year, struggles against defenses like Baltimore, Cincy, Pittsburg. He is under lots of pressure in those games and he has _________ to throw to in times of trouble? Who is his go to guy?

Sanchez has 15 starts under his belt, played terribly and is a rookie. I get it.

But Quinn doesnt even have that many starts to his name, and yet he sucks according to the clowns in Cleveland.

Holmgren signed Delhomme people. Is it just me or did anyone else get wide eyed and have a huge cartoon question mark and exclamation mark next to it appear above their heads when they heard this?

Delhomme? DELHOMME? Seriously?????? The PANTHERS, who staked their reputations on him swallowed their pride and CANNED the man.

Im not the sharpest tool in the shed, but damn........I saw some of Delhommes games last year, and I saw some of Bradys. It wasnt even close.

This aint the Brady Quinn will save the day show.......but it is real live stats and considerations to take into account in giving him a decent shot and not crushing him before he even takes a snap here.....

But it seems to me some people are taking alot for granted while watching the great QB guru Mike Holmgren do his thing.

You could say the same thing about Dilfer, Couch, Frye, Holcomb, Anderson, etc.

topscribe
04-02-2010, 12:41 PM
I hope Orton does well this year. We need it to make a push for the playoffs.

I think Quinn is Jake Plummer version 2.0. People will make the "on a bad team argument" but until Quinn can prove that he was not part of the problem there I will not entertain the notion that he will be any better then Jake. Bad habits and poor accuracy are hard to overcome.

For our team's sake I hope I am wrong about him, but that is what I think about him right now.

If Quinn turns out to be as good as Jake, I would consider that a blessing.

Remember, Jake is the last QB so far to play in the postseason for Denver . . .

-----

JDL
04-02-2010, 12:43 PM
Let's take it to the other extreme... why isn't Quinn as good as Tony Romo... Romo has ONLY played 1 more season than Quinn.

Quinn has thrown passes in 3 seasons... Romo in 4 seasons... hmmm of course it is an asinine comparison for many reasons.... it is dumb to judge rookies to 3rd year QBs....

Would you take

QB A

11gm 259ATT 123CMP 47.5cmp rate 1663yds 7TDs 14INTs

or

QB B

16gm 605att 327cmp 54.0cmp rate 3891yds 22TDs 23INTs

Here's a hint... both are a certain Hall of Fame QB that demonstrates there OUGHT to be SIGNIFICANT growth between a QB in year 1 and year 3. I like Quinn... but comparing him to a rookie is flat out dumb as s@#%

JDL
04-02-2010, 12:44 PM
If Quinn turns out to be as good as Jake, I would consider that a blessing.

Remember, Jake is the last QB so far to play in the postseason for Denver . . .

-----

I think he has an upside of a Matt Hasselbeck personally.

WARHORSE
04-02-2010, 12:58 PM
Let's take it to the other extreme... why isn't Quinn as good as Tony Romo... Romo has ONLY played 1 more season than Quinn.

Quinn has thrown passes in 3 seasons... Romo in 4 seasons... hmmm of course it is an asinine comparison for many reasons.... it is dumb to judge rookies to 3rd year QBs....

Would you take

QB A

11gm 259ATT 123CMP 47.5cmp rate 1663yds 7TDs 14INTs

or

QB B

16gm 605att 327cmp 54.0cmp rate 3891yds 22TDs 23INTs

Here's a hint... both are a certain Hall of Fame QB that demonstrates there OUGHT to be SIGNIFICANT growth between a QB in year 1 and year 3. I like Quinn... but comparing him to a rookie is flat out dumb as s@#%

Dumb to you.

Whats the point?

First of all get your facts straight.

Romo has played four seasons?

Quinn did not play his first year. He was in a contract hold out taking him out of the equation the first year. His second year he broke his finger and ended up having season ending surgery. So dont tell me hes a veteran signal caller or that hes had three years.

Hes had one. So you'll have to wait to see if he can even get year two under his belt and make progress.

And comparing Sanchez and

CoachChaz
04-02-2010, 01:04 PM
Romo was also on the roster for a few years learning the system under a good HC and good OC before he was handed the reigns

WARHORSE
04-02-2010, 01:09 PM
Romo was also on the roster for a few years learning the system under a good HC and good OC before he was handed the reigns

Yep.

Been in the league seven years.

Still cant play in clutch time imo.

topscribe
04-02-2010, 01:47 PM
McDaniels made it clear that Quinn was brought in for depth and competition,
not to start. Now, if Quinn measures up to the potential they originally perceived
he had when he was taken in the first round and earns the starting job, I am
fully assured he will be the starter. Until then, he is penciled in as #2 on the
depth chart.

But then, Brandstater may also feel he has something to say about that . . .

-----

Superchop 7
04-02-2010, 08:10 PM
Top,

The knock on his accuracy is correct.

From a mechanics standpoint, he needs alot of work, THIS is his biggest problem.

He is not Claussen, by a mile, by that..I mean that his natural tendencies are very flawed, squaring hips etc, this is especially noticable under pressure.

Physically, he has the tools, with the exception of overbuilding his bicep, if he quits doing curls and does some swimming it will help immensely.

Italianmobstr7
04-02-2010, 08:13 PM

Thats what I thought.

He's coached a lot of good qbs. Joe Montana (end of his career in SF), Steve Young, Brett Favre, Matt Hasselback. There's been a few, but it seems like a lot of those guys didn't really need a qb guru to help them out.

NittanyBuff24
04-02-2010, 08:37 PM
I just hope the mighty Quinn can live up to the hype becuase I might be in the minority, but God I hate watching Orton play, slow as Moses, weak as piss arm, no pocket presence, only thing the dude can do is dump the ball off!

claymore
04-02-2010, 08:59 PM
I just hope the mighty Quinn can live up to the hype becuase I might be in the minority, but God I hate watching Orton play, slow as Moses, weak as piss arm, no pocket presence, only thing the dude can do is dump the ball off!

You have a bright future here. Best post today.

Broncolingus
04-02-2010, 09:09 PM
"...Sanchez?"

http://ak2.static.dailymotion.com/static/video/838/419/12914838:jpeg_preview_large.jpg

Broncolingus
04-02-2010, 09:11 PM
You have a bright future here. Best post today.

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/spike286/BROWNNOSER.png

Kapaibro
04-02-2010, 10:02 PM
Sanchez is hot and all, but Quinn wins in the looks department!