PDA

View Full Version : Marshal to Rams?

broncobryce
04-01-2010, 11:00 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/nfl-hearsay-early-april-draft-buzz

If the Rams commit to Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford as their No. 1 pick in this year's draft, a deal for Brandon Marshall could soon be in the works. A source close to the Rams told me that the team still has strong interest in the Broncos wide receiver. And that interest may spiral up in the coming weeks if the team is serious about making Bradford their franchise quarterback.

It's become obvious that no team is willing to part with a first-round pick to pluck Marshall from Denver, but the Rams could offer the next-best thing--the top pick in the second round. That would help the Rams create a more solid core of talent around their rookie quarterback with Marshall, wide receiver Donnie Avery and running back Steven Jackson.

broncobryce
04-01-2010, 11:00 PM
I don't know. I think they need to give us more than just the second round pick.

Ravage!!!
04-01-2010, 11:03 PM
I suggested this a while back. It would absolutely be an incredible draft for the Rams if this does come about. The Rams would be foolish NOT to look into something of this kind of impact.

broncophan
04-01-2010, 11:15 PM
I don't know. I think they need to give us more than just the second round pick.

I would take Lauranitis......

Ziggy
04-02-2010, 12:16 AM
The 33rd pick straight up for Marshall? I'd take that in a heartbeat. With the break inbetween day 1 and 2, that pick will carry a lot of weight.

Northman
04-02-2010, 12:17 AM
Marshall for Chris Long. Ill take it.

dogfish
04-02-2010, 12:22 AM
Marshall for Chris Long. Ill take it.

are you on meth again??

:lol:

Lonestar
04-02-2010, 12:23 AM
take this in a heart beat, he is in another conference would not come back to haunt us unless we meet in the superbowl.

WOuld like another choice maybe in the 4th. That would give us a raft of choices under 130. with lots of LOS talent on the board this year we could get 4 or 5 of them easily.

Lancane
04-02-2010, 12:24 AM
It would likely be for the 33rd and 133rd overall draft picks, we get a high second and fifth round pick, they get Marshall to be Bradford's main target.

Northman
04-02-2010, 12:26 AM
are you on meth again??

:lol:

Not a chance. Long plays on a crappy team at least in Denver he would succeed. ;)

Bosco
04-02-2010, 01:05 AM
I'd take any reasonable offer that gets him out of Denver.

Elevation inc
04-02-2010, 01:40 AM
i would take there 2nd and 4th rd pick thats eq to mid late first pick.......

plus we wouldnt have him bite us in the ass all the time, being in a different conference..

DenBronx
04-02-2010, 03:12 AM
marshall for adam carriker.

DenBronx
04-02-2010, 03:14 AM
no...

marshall for gerrard warren.

WARHORSE
04-02-2010, 04:20 AM
Their second and their third .......for Marshall and a seventh.

In 2013.

AND a bag of Doritos.

With dip.

:coffee:

OKAY...okay.

We'll supply the paper plates and napkins.:salute:

Deal.

Bosco
04-02-2010, 04:20 AM
no...

marshall for gerrard warren.

I hope you're kidding. :D

Nomad
04-02-2010, 05:35 AM
Not a chance. Long plays on a crappy team at least in Denver he would succeed. ;)

:lol:I wonder how Howie would feel about that! I believe Chris has just as much potential as his dad did!

And Stephen Jackson would be ok, I assume he is still a solid RB but I wonder if the BRONCOS have a helmet to fit with the mop on his head:D. As far as the WO, never heard of him and the 2nd wouldn't be bad at all!

JDL
04-02-2010, 12:54 PM
It would likely be for the 33rd and 133rd overall draft picks, we get a high second and fifth round pick, they get Marshall to be Bradford's main target.

It wouldn't be all that unreasonable

but ... here are your 1st overalls of the 2nd rd over the last 10 years

2009 - Louis Delmas
2008 - Philip Merling
2007 - Alan Branch
2006 - Demeco Ryans
2005 - David Baas
2004 - Karlos Dansby
2003 - Eric Steinbach
2002 - Jabar Gaffney
2001 - Drew Brees
2000 - Dennis Northcutt

I would consider Pouncey at that spot (top Center) or maybe even swallow it a bit and take a look at Colt McCoy - don't necessarily like him, but with a 2nd rd pick, isn't an awful risk to take for a potential starting QB. It would give us 3 options (not all great options, but there would be potential with each.)

Ultimately, I would use that pick to trade up to get Graham if at all possible. That pick will have a lot of value for teams looking to trade out of the 1st rd and into that spot... OR teams wanting to trade up on day 2 of the draft to that spot to get a certain player they didn't expect to be there... could very easily net us a future 1st rd pick which I would approve of... you then essentially turn Marshall into a 1st, mid 2nd rd pick and 4/5 which wouldn't be all that awful.

JDL
04-02-2010, 12:54 PM
BTW, the fact that Marshall's immediate replacement is on that list... is HILARIOUS.

Northman
04-02-2010, 01:00 PM
:lol:I wonder how Howie would feel about that! I believe Chris has just as much potential as his dad did!

And Stephen Jackson would be ok, I assume he is still a solid RB but I wonder if the BRONCOS have a helmet to fit with the mop on his head:D. As far as the WO, never heard of him and the 2nd wouldn't be bad at all!

Chris was a one man wrecking crew at Virginia. He dominated games and is easily capable of being a true force at DE. Kind of how i see Graham from Michigan this year being. Both are kind of small guys but unrelentless in their attacks which is something i love from a player.

elsid13
04-02-2010, 01:06 PM
I am sticking with what I have been saying along a 2nd, 4th/5th and player. From the Rams I would take either John Greco (G/T) or Jason Brown (C)

SOCALORADO.
04-02-2010, 01:17 PM
I would hope DEN would only take Long AND! the 33rd pick. Only way Long comes to DEN.
Give Long a chance in the 3-4 opposite Doom at SLB. But DEN would also get the 33rd as well.
No way in hell should DEN take the noodle armed CMcCoy that high.
There would be a ton of really solid options right there.
NT Cam Thomas
LB Brandon Spikes
WR Andre Roberts
WR Brandon LaFell
DE Alex Carrington
DE Lamarr Houston
OLB Jerry Hughes
C Maurkice Pouncey
OG Rodger Saffold
OG Vladimir Ducasse
I even wouldnt care if they took WR Demaryius Thomas there.
DEN would have the 46th?!?!, pick i think to take whoever they wanted from that list later.

broncobryce
04-02-2010, 05:21 PM
These are all good points (except the gerard warren one);)
Denver and St Louis will have all night Thursday to talk about it too......could get juicy......

SmilinAssasSin27
04-02-2010, 07:05 PM
Where do I sign?

SmilinAssasSin27
04-02-2010, 07:13 PM
Anyone else like the idea of:

#11-Dan Williams
#33-Maurkice Pouncey
#46-Jon Asamoah

SonoftheSouth
04-03-2010, 07:43 AM

So, we ask them for a third or fourth this year + their # 1 next year. So it might be a shortened season or complete lockout. No problem- I honestly don't believe the Rams are going to have any lower than a top 10 or 12 pick next year, barring a miracle, and that would be FINE with me! Anybody else? Rebels? Yanks? Deserters? Anybody? I wanna hear opinions please!! Y'all tell me now what you think, ya hear?? Thank you now. Much obliged.

elsid13
04-03-2010, 07:52 AM
i would be also be willing for Adam Carriker (DE), 3rd, 5th and 4th next year. That would add value and depth to the team.

broncobryce
04-03-2010, 11:04 AM
If we take their number 1 next year, I would want a player this year that will have an impact. Not sure they would give us Chris Long though. Not sure they have anyone we want besides Long, Laurinitis (sp, too lazy to look it up) on defense.

Ravage!!!
04-03-2010, 11:13 AM
They aren't going to offer up the 1st pick in the second round and a LOT more. 1st round 'value.' THat could be a 2nd and a 5th. They aren't going to offer up the 1st pick of the 2nd round this year, and a 1st next. The first pick in the 2nd round this year would get us better value than the first next year. We could get a 1st round caliber player at a 2nd round price.

BroncoSojia
04-03-2010, 11:18 AM
http://twitter.com/HBalzer721/status/11484623017

The St. Louis Globe-Democrat's Howard Balzer dismisses a report that the Rams are strongly interested in restricted free agent Brandon Marshall.
Scout.com's Ed Thompson penned a piece claiming the Rams are willing to part with the No. 33 overall pick for Marshall, after picking Sam Bradford first overall. Balzer calls the report "total b.s." This sounds like a case of the Broncos trying to drum up interest in Marshall. Thompson does say "it's become obvious" that no team is willing to give Denver a first-round pick.

Broncolingus
04-03-2010, 12:09 PM
Marshal(l) to Rams?

...give us a #1 pick, and Denver will pick up the moving bill!

Mighty nice I think...

Carl
04-03-2010, 12:12 PM
http://twitter.com/HBalzer721/status/11484623017

This bothers me how we are all now so desperate to dump Bmarsh. Remember when the season ended and everybody was talking about us getting a 1st and a 3rd for him? Or how Seattle's #14 wasn't good enough for us? This is still the same Brandon Marshall. You might even argue that its a slightly improved Brandon on account of the fact that he hasnt done anything completely retarded in the last few months. Regardless, the guy produces for us. Yeah he's a pain. But he puts up big numbers and he is pretty darn close to what would be considered an elite Wide Reciever. Im sorry but if "it is clear that no team is willing to give up a first for Brandon Marshall" then those other 31 teams can keep their firsts.

Congratulations. We keep our best offensive player (asside from Clady). Why is that bad??? I understand you might want a pick of equal value to Marshall to avoid the headaches but if no such pick is offered then lets not be rash..... Trying to dump Marshall for less than a 1st and having the club scoff at the "rumor" is just embarassing. Frankly, Im fine with 31 coaches making stupid a decision and passing reasonably priced on probowl talent. And doesn't this give Marshall all the more incentive to prove to the world that he is not more risk than reward? If he wants to get paid he is going to have to do that. And we all know how Brandon feels about money....... I see good things in the future if he stays.

Ravage!!!
04-03-2010, 12:30 PM
Its not desperate.. I think the coach just wants him gone.

Lancane
04-03-2010, 05:36 PM
I don't think McDaniels really cares that he is ridding the team of the only real offensive weapon it has. This shows me his true level of arrogance, and though I think it's a bad move, to some of us feel it's all but guaranteed. If he really wanted to get better (IMHO) he would have tried to bridge the gap that has only gotten bigger between himself and Marshall, as well as with the team in whole.

We needed another good receiver besides Marshall, but with him gone we need two, that's not including that we had to fix the offensive line and get the running game back up to par, the loss of Marshall could well break this team...

Ravage!!!
04-03-2010, 06:32 PM
I don't think McDaniels really cares that he is ridding the team of the only real offensive weapon it has. This shows me his true level of arrogance, and though I think it's a bad move, to some of us feel it's all but guaranteed. If he really wanted to get better (IMHO) he would have tried to bridge the gap that has only gotten bigger between himself and Marshall, as well as with the team in whole.

We needed another good receiver besides Marshall, but with him gone we need two, that's not including that we had to fix the offensive line and get the running game back up to par, the loss of Marshall could well break this team...

Don't forget QB

WARHORSE
04-03-2010, 08:40 PM

The only real offensive weapon or the only cancer? Its T.O. syndrome. McDaniels has not spoken that he does not want Marshall on the team. The FACT of the matter is that if Brandon Marshall were a responsible ADULT, we would not be having this conversation. He would already be paid, probably last year. The ONLY reason we are all talking about this is because of BMs petulant behavior.....end of story.

One may knock Josh for the way hes preaching the message, but what is the message hes preaching? Its TEAM over individuality. NO TALENT is worth bringing a selfish player on board, and T.O. is the the billboard for that walk. If Mike Shanahan were getting rid of BM for the same reasons, no one would be saying jack, because we all know its true. Now Josh has said he is open to BM coming back. Does anyone not understand that means 'as long as BM is ready to be a TEAM player vs a ME player?

This is about the B R O N C O S. Not Brandon Marshall. If we play well as a team, we dont need any stars. I could care less if Brandon walks if hes bent on himself. Hes the biggest playmaker we have......I dont care. Im not going to sell the rest of the players short, nor the organization in order to accomodate a primadonna diva wide receiver thats full of himself.

Thats no different than giving Iraq nuclear weapons to fight Iran. In the end, it kicks YOU in the arse. DUMB. I dont blame the team for not wanting to LOCK itself into a relationship with Brandon, KNOWING that if he gets pissed off with us, hes going to disrupt the whole team in order to get his way. And if we have him in a guaranteed contract at that time.......what do you think is going to happen?

If Brandon Marshall wants to play in Denver, and hes a TEAM player, then sign the contract that pays you big dollars as long as youre playing. We arent going to guarantee you big money when youve shown the entire world that you will kick balls in practice when youre upset.

Anyone here want to be paying BM a guaranteed salary when hes kicking balls in practice? Suspended? In jail?

No thank you.

If he wants to play here, it will be for one of two things: The tender amount, or a contract with very little guaranteed, but big salaries. Not Fitzgerald big.....just big.

Gimme as much as I can get for Brandon Marshall, and lets move on into the next chapter of Broncos football.

Im not selling our soul to the devil in order to win now or be entertained by Marshalls ability.

Me players are me players.

Bye Bye Brandon.

BTW, though I think we could get more, Id take the Rams 33rd.:salute:

Brand
04-03-2010, 09:09 PM
I would hope DEN would only take Long AND! the 33rd pick. Only way Long comes to DEN.
Give Long a chance in the 3-4 opposite Doom at SLB. But DEN would also get the 33rd as well.
No way in hell should DEN take the noodle armed CMcCoy that high.
There would be a ton of really solid options right there.
NT Cam Thomas
LB Brandon Spikes
WR Andre Roberts
WR Brandon LaFell
DE Alex Carrington
DE Lamarr Houston
OLB Jerry Hughes
C Maurkice Pouncey
OG Rodger Saffold
OG Vladimir Ducasse
I even wouldnt care if they took WR Demaryius Thomas there.
DEN would have the 46th?!?!, pick i think to take whoever they wanted from that list later.

Who would you take, Pouncey or Ducasse? Tough choice there.....

I believe I would take Ducasse, with a C in Round 3.....

Ziggy
04-03-2010, 10:53 PM
Who would you take, Pouncey or Ducasse? Tough choice there.....

I believe I would take Ducasse, with a C in Round 3.....

Out of that list I would actually take Lamarr Houston. He's flying under the radar, but the kid will become a player.

JONtheBRONCO
04-03-2010, 11:39 PM
The only real offensive weapon or the only cancer? Its T.O. syndrome. McDaniels has not spoken that he does not want Marshall on the team. The FACT of the matter is that if Brandon Marshall were a responsible ADULT, we would not be having this conversation. He would already be paid, probably last year. The ONLY reason we are all talking about this is because of BMs petulant behavior.....end of story.

One may knock Josh for the way hes preaching the message, but what is the message hes preaching? Its TEAM over individuality. NO TALENT is worth bringing a selfish player on board, and T.O. is the the billboard for that walk. If Mike Shanahan were getting rid of BM for the same reasons, no one would be saying jack, because we all know its true. Now Josh has said he is open to BM coming back. Does anyone not understand that means 'as long as BM is ready to be a TEAM player vs a ME player?

This is about the B R O N C O S. Not Brandon Marshall. If we play well as a team, we dont need any stars. I could care less if Brandon walks if hes bent on himself. Hes the biggest playmaker we have......I dont care. Im not going to sell the rest of the players short, nor the organization in order to accomodate a primadonna diva wide receiver thats full of himself.

Thats no different than giving Iraq nuclear weapons to fight Iran. In the end, it kicks YOU in the arse. DUMB. I dont blame the team for not wanting to LOCK itself into a relationship with Brandon, KNOWING that if he gets pissed off with us, hes going to disrupt the whole team in order to get his way. And if we have him in a guaranteed contract at that time.......what do you think is going to happen?

If Brandon Marshall wants to play in Denver, and hes a TEAM player, then sign the contract that pays you big dollars as long as youre playing. We arent going to guarantee you big money when youve shown the entire world that you will kick balls in practice when youre upset.

Anyone here want to be paying BM a guaranteed salary when hes kicking balls in practice? Suspended? In jail?

No thank you.

If he wants to play here, it will be for one of two things: The tender amount, or a contract with very little guaranteed, but big salaries. Not Fitzgerald big.....just big.

Gimme as much as I can get for Brandon Marshall, and lets move on into the next chapter of Broncos football.

Im not selling our soul to the devil in order to win now or be entertained by Marshalls ability.

Me players are me players.

Bye Bye Brandon.

BTW, though I think we could get more, Id take the Rams 33rd.:salute:

Great post War. Great, great. A lot of fans are purely looking at talent and production. Which is fair. But at the same time, why overlook his past and your argument is sound, TEAM over INDIVIDUAL. How many times have we seen Brandon put himself before the TEAM. Training camp suspension, week 17? The 4 arrests, all of this, and then you add the possibility of another lengthy suspension if he slips up again? What does that do? What happens to the locker room if Brandon decides to pull more immature antics? Think about the TEAM. The environment McD is trying to build is one with team first, not individual first. And theres no argument, Brandon has shown he is a "me-first" guy in the past. Who wants that? Regardless of the talent or what he does thats so special for the offense.

broncobryce
04-03-2010, 11:57 PM
I love me some me

weazel
04-04-2010, 12:25 AM
I would keep Marshall if all you're going to get is a second rounder...

Poet
04-04-2010, 02:37 AM
I suggested this a while back. It would absolutely be an incredible draft for the Rams if this does come about. The Rams would be foolish NOT to look into something of this kind of impact.

What impact? Bradford would be a rookie QB throwing the ball with one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL.

It would be stupid of the Rams to do this. They'd be better served using whatever picks they'd give up to solidify that offensive line.

gobroncsnv
04-04-2010, 07:19 AM
I LOVE BMarsh's production ON the field... I HATE what he's done OFF the field that keeps him OUT of games. The suspensions (especially if there's a next one) have to be considered into this equation. I haven't seen anybody say he's NOT a valuable talent, but when he stupids himself onto the sidelines, he'll never make all-pro in my book. It's too bad the league doesn't cancel pro-bowl eligibility if a player gets suspended during the season, by a coach or a commissioner.
He's got a chance to see a large mirror of himself in how teams aren't running over each other to sign him. Hope he gets the message.

Dirk
04-04-2010, 08:18 AM
Get value and be done with him.

If BM would have shown he was about the team more, I think that he would already have been signed.

I'm OK with McD trying to get rid of him or humble him if no one steps up to the plate to nab him.

Brand
04-04-2010, 10:19 AM
He's married now. He should be humbled in about....oh.....two and a half months.....

broncobryce
04-04-2010, 10:47 AM
He's married now. He should be humbled in about....oh.....two and a half months.....

LOL. We can hope it settles him down. God knows he's fooled me before.

JONtheBRONCO
04-04-2010, 11:41 AM

To the one he used to beat or to the one he has beaten recently?