PDA

View Full Version : Richardson or McDuffie in the 5th?

lex
04-14-2008, 12:54 PM
OK, when I had watched Richardson play, I was not impressed with him as he lacked lateral mobility but when watching him and McDuffie run block, they really get out on the LBs and a lot of Davis' runs were on the left side. Richardsons not a LT but he might be well suited for RT or guard, where he'll have help on each side and DTs arent as explosive as DEs. Either of these guys seem like they may have the mobility to get to the second level and also the girth to help in short yardage...and both are expected to go around 5-6. Plus McDuffie played injured last year so he might be better than the film shows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeovxDqZYyA

What are your thoughts on these guys as a mid/late picks?

shank
04-14-2008, 01:14 PM
i seem to remember being ridiculed for having richardson in one of my mocks... who was that?

:D

you'll get no opposition from me, lex

lex
04-14-2008, 01:32 PM
i seem to remember being ridiculed for having richardson in one of my mocks... who was that?

:D

you'll get no opposition from me, lex

And I circled back and gave you credit. Why dont you mention that as well?

shank
04-14-2008, 01:38 PM
And I circled back and gave you credit. Why dont you mention that as well?

i know you did, and that's why i used the good-hearted big smiley guy! (:D)

i am actually in support of continuing our streak of getting mid-late round OL so long as we upgrade our running game, and therefore would be happy to have guys like richardson and mcduffie on the broncos. i think richardson could provide some versatility, and is powerful enough that he could help our redzone running. i don't know much about mcduffie, but if he's athletic enough for our scheme then i'd be happy to have him.

(i'm also ok with OL early and RB late, i think we can upgrade our team either route).

lex
04-14-2008, 01:47 PM
i know you did, and that's why i used the good-hearted big smiley guy! (:D)

i am actually in support of continuing our streak of getting mid-late round OL so long as we upgrade our running game, and therefore would be happy to have guys like richardson and mcduffie on the broncos. i think richardson could provide some versatility, and is powerful enough that he could help our redzone running. i don't know much about mcduffie, but if he's athletic enough for our scheme then i'd be happy to have him.

(i'm also ok with OL early and RB late, i think we can upgrade our team either route).

Are you able to click on the link? I actually think McDuffie might be the better option. If you click the link theres a play about half way through where he pulls and springs Davis for a huge run. Whatever the case, I think with these guys you might see an example of the kind of guys referred to in that thread awhile back about changing to bigger guys who are mobile enough, rather than mobile guys that we hope are strong enough. McDuffie was actually playing through injury last year so he might be better than what's seen on film. But just watch that link and youll see that Davis had several runs where McDuffie and Richardson just bulldozed space for Davis to run.

shank
04-14-2008, 02:32 PM
Are you able to click on the link? I actually think McDuffie might be the better option. If you click the link theres a play about half way through where he pulls and springs Davis for a huge run. Whatever the case, I think with these guys you might see an example of the kind of guys referred to in that thread awhile back about changing to bigger guys who are mobile enough, rather than mobile guys that we hope are strong enough. McDuffie was actually playing through injury last year so he might be better than what's seen on film. But just watch that link and youll see that Davis had several runs where McDuffie and Richardson just bulldozed space for Davis to run.

no i didn't click the link before, i'll check it out.

i like what you said there; big guys who can move opposed to little guys who are strong. it's an interesting concept that sounds so perfect, unfortunately foster was our first attempt at doing it :(

ADD: looks like they are good at getting upfield in the run game, whether it means pushing the dline back, or moving on the the 2nd level and successfully blocking guys. they definitley seem to be able to move guys around, which would come in handy with our redzone woes.