PDA

View Full Version : Site changes in preparation for vBulletin 4.0 upgrade

Tned
04-01-2010, 06:39 AM
EDIT: OK, If you are just seeing this, enjoy the thread, but it was, as many figured, and April Fool's joke. If you want to see the color scheme they were talking about, you can go to the theme chooser, at the VERY bottom, left of any page on the site and switch from "default style" to "April Fools vB 4 -" and you will see what all the blinding commotion was about. ;)

------The original post-----------

Shortly after the draft, I will be upgrading the forum to vBulletin 4.0. It is a complete overhaul of vBulletin, with a lot of old vBulletin stuff no longer working.

I have been testing it on the backup server and our old vBulletin style (blue and orange) isn't compatible with vB 4.0. So, I had to start from scratch, trying to tweak the new default vBulletin style.

While not complete yet, I spent a couple weeks tweaking the new style, to give it more of a Bronco's feel. I'll continue to try and make little tweaks to get more of a Bronco's feel, but overall I think it's a clean and good looking style now.

You may have also noticed that I added another ad or two. In order to cover the costs of the new vB (required if you want support and higher price), we needed a few more ads. One suggestion I read on the vB admin's forum was for the first week of the month to put an ad after every post, not just the first one. I will probably add that soon.

There is a chance we will have to lose the Hi-Five system, as it seems flaky with vB 4.0, but I am hoping they will put out an upgraded version before we upgrade.

Nomad
04-01-2010, 06:50 AM
So no more blue background.....JR will love it:D It'll remind him of BM!! And no more high fives to show which click we belong too!!:D

claymore
04-01-2010, 06:52 AM
Ive had 3 seizures already this morning from the white background. :( No more high 5's is a mistake I think.

Nomad
04-01-2010, 06:53 AM
Ive had 3 seizures already this morning from the white background. :( No more high 5's is a mistake I think.

You should have seen the uproar when BM did that!:lol: That's one main reason, why this site was started! But I guess if the blue doesn't work, what can you do....buy some sunglasses:D Makes you feel like you should be in a straight jacket, huh!:D

SOCALORADO.
04-01-2010, 07:32 AM
Its burning my retinas.

UnderArmour
04-01-2010, 07:45 AM
Is there a skin feature in this version of VBulletin that allows users to switch to different looks? If so, I'd opt for a skin closer to the old blue one.

TXBRONC
04-01-2010, 07:45 AM
Tned, will you be or are trying to get a new background?

red98
04-01-2010, 07:46 AM
I hope we can keep the high fives, it would really suck to lose them.

red98
04-01-2010, 07:50 AM

I'm hoping this is all an April Fools joke.

claymore
04-01-2010, 07:54 AM

Great point!!!

Nomad
04-01-2010, 07:59 AM

Never thought of that!

LordTrychon
04-01-2010, 08:08 AM
I personally love the pink up by my personal information. :laugh:

Any tips you figure out in the updating process, please let us know. :beer:

Mike
04-01-2010, 08:11 AM
Put it back to the way it was. One of the reasons I left BM was because they pulled this crap. Consider this notification that I will resign my mod duties if it doesn't change.

Nomad
04-01-2010, 08:14 AM
Put it back to the way it was. One of the reasons I left BM was because they pulled this crap. Consider this notification that I will resign my mod duties if it doesn't change.

Then where are you going to go!!:lol:

claymore
04-01-2010, 08:14 AM
Dont do it Mike! You are all I have!

Mike
04-01-2010, 08:16 AM
Then where are you going to go!!:lol:

I don't care. I have been fed up with all the constant rudeness, bickering, and whining anyways. I swear, it's like I'm playin' cards with my brother's kids or somethin'. You nerve-wrackin' sons-a-bitches. :coffee:

Nomad
04-01-2010, 08:18 AM
I don't care. I have been fed up with all the constant rudeness, bickering, and whining anyways. I swear, it's like I'm playin' cards with my brother's kids or somethin'. You nerve-wrackin' sons-a-bitches. :coffee:

Let it all out we're here to help! I do hang out with my kids alot so maybe it's rubbing off on me!:D

SOCALORADO.
04-01-2010, 08:30 AM

LOL!
So throw down boy!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_msb7eQA-RFY/Skl4VbtvFyI/AAAAAAAABIs/UGxldnjgMpM/s400/tombstone-kurt-russell-bitchslaps-billy-bob-thornton.jpg

yardog
04-01-2010, 08:32 AM
Site changes

:tsk:

Dreadnought
04-01-2010, 08:33 AM

You know what? You cause more trouble and spread more discontent in the Mod forum than anyone else, then you come out in the Main forums and act all as if you were Mr. Reasonable. I'm about sick of it myself Mike

As far as the white background...well, I could get used to it, but it won't be easy

MileHighCrew
04-01-2010, 08:38 AM
Good joke, the mods fighting in public is a little much. Too early in the day too peak though. :salute:

claymore
04-01-2010, 08:41 AM
Dread post pics of your balls.

Medford Bronco
04-01-2010, 08:45 AM
:tsk:The White Background sucks. Just like BC.

yardog
04-01-2010, 08:50 AM
Dread post pics of your balls.

:ballchain:

claymore
04-01-2010, 08:53 AM
:ballchain:

I doubt we would even be able to see those big beautiful bastages. Dread most likely has white congo bush and pale white crotch skin.

Thnikkaman
04-01-2010, 08:58 AM
Shortly after the draft, I will be upgrading the forum to vBulletin 4.0. It is a complete overhaul of vBulletin, with a lot of old vBulletin stuff no longer working.

I have been testing it on the backup server and our old vBulletin style (blue and orange) isn't compatible with vB 4.0. So, I had to start from scratch, trying to tweak the new default vBulletin style.

While not complete yet, I spent a couple weeks tweaking the new style, to give it more of a Bronco's feel. I'll continue to try and make little tweaks to get more of a Bronco's feel, but overall I think it's a clean and good looking style now.

You may have also noticed that I added another ad or two. In order to cover the costs of the new vB (required if you want support and higher price), we needed a few more ads. One suggestion I read on the vB admin's forum was for the first week of the month to put an ad after every post, not just the first one. I will probably add that soon.

There is a chance we will have to lose the Hi-Five system, as it seems flaky with vB 4.0, but I am hoping they will put out an upgraded version before we upgrade.

I have found this site to be helpful for color scheme changes; yes, it has a vBulliten option

http://beta.colorizeit.com/index.php?style=phpbb3_tableless.prosilver

roomemp
04-01-2010, 09:00 AM
If there is no way around the white background then change the font color. I don't think I can deal with the headache this gave me everyday

Thnikkaman
04-01-2010, 09:02 AM
Also Official colors:

Broncos Navy Blue #142142
Broncos Tara Cotta #BF5C00
Broncos Orange #F27D00

Rick
04-01-2010, 09:16 AM
Christ some of you people need to calm down about the changes.

You have no idea how many changes are in the new version.

The entire way the skinning system works was completely overhauled to the point that NO old skin pre version 4.0 will work.

If he wants to keep up with board security he has to upgrade but to upgrade means a complete redo of look.

I am sure you give him time he will have it back to looking as it did but the uproar when you probably have no idea what it all entails in simply...dumb.

This is not simply a sit down and just spend a few hours upgrading thing as it was in the past as almost no mods will probably work he was using before and no skins.

This is still on the old version so not sure why he changed this one...but...

Give him a break.

Northman
04-01-2010, 09:22 AM
Great, now we are the old school Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Fitting for the way we are playing recently.

Elevation inc
04-01-2010, 09:28 AM
tned told me to tell ya all april fools

:lol:

tomjonesrocks
04-01-2010, 09:38 AM
Though you may not want the suggestions, web design is my livelihood so am finding it difficult not to make a couple small suggestions.

The link color is much too pale against the white background. Because a lot of users use really poor monitors, that link color could be close to invisible for some. If the white background stays, the link color (and therefore the hover color as well) should both be significantly darker to achieve better contrast.

As others mentioned a background other than white would take some of the edge off. I'd suggest a very pale gray if you're going with orange links--something like #e7e7e7--but perhaps there's a technical issue setting any background color.

Thnikkaman
04-01-2010, 09:42 AM
Isn't vBulliten 4.0 all asp based now?

CrazyHorse
04-01-2010, 09:55 AM
AAAAAAAaaaahhh It's hideous

Rick
04-01-2010, 10:02 AM
Isn't vBulliten 4.0 all asp based now?

Still php.

Rick
04-01-2010, 10:06 AM
I imagine this particular look has to be april fools as this is still the old version, no need for a new color change on this version.

On 4.0 though....going to be a bit of work.

Italianmobstr7
04-01-2010, 10:17 AM
It now looks like were a message board for the Tennessee Volunteers. A message board is a message board though. As long as there are other Broncos fans to talk to, I don't care if the forum is pink w purple letters as long as other fans stay around to discuss and post broncos news.

Buff
04-01-2010, 10:24 AM
I say we start lighting fires and tipping over cars until Tned comes back here and comes clean on his april fool's joke.

GEM
04-01-2010, 10:27 AM
My friggen eyeballs!! You think that ass, Tned, could even let us mods know these changes were coming. I log in here and my flipping eyes are burning out of my skull. And the effing ads.

WTF!

Ravage!!!
04-01-2010, 10:33 AM
I LOVE THE CHANGE!!!

HEy.. it goes right along with the way the Broncos have been lately! Change is good, right? Screw the old-hat way of things. This is how things should be, CHANGE for the better.. new and improved.

Now remember, if you don't like the change, you are NOT a Broncos fan... and.. the admin is always right because THEY know what they are doing. After all, they are the admin and have had experience doing this....... as opposed to us silly couch-posters.

I love the colors!! Who needs retinas?

D1g1tal j1m
04-01-2010, 10:40 AM
Retro blows!!!

April Fools to you all!!!!!!!

D1g1tal j1m
04-01-2010, 10:42 AM
If your gonna do a April's Fool prank go all the way. You forgot to change the op in section. It still shows up in the broncos blue background. Amateurs...

Denver Native (Carol)
04-01-2010, 10:43 AM
First - I am soooooooooo hoping that this is an April Fools joke. However, if it is not, once Tned has everything done that needs to be done - I am sure many of us will not keep the white background if there are options to keep it or change to the blue background.

Also - I do not prefer seeing the ads up at the top next to the banner. Again, if this is not an April Fools joke, I suggest that Tned accept either an email, or a pm from any member willing to donate a stated amount each month to help him with the administrative costs, and if what is pledged each month is enough, remove the added ads.

Italianmobstr7
04-01-2010, 10:45 AM
I LOVE THE CHANGE!!!

HEy.. it goes right along with the way the Broncos have been lately! Change is good, right? Screw the old-hat way of things. This is how things should be, CHANGE for the better.. new and improved.

Now remember, if you don't like the change, you are NOT a Broncos fan... and.. the admin is always right because THEY know what they are doing. After all, they are the admin and have had experience doing this....... as opposed to us silly couch-posters.

I love the colors!! Who needs retinas?

Running a football team that is a multi-million dollar corporation and running a website are 2 totally differnt things. Sometimes change is good. I liked Mike Shanahan and thenold Broncos ways as much as anybody but it clearly wasn't working anymore. Josh had a rough first year as head coach, but let's see where we stand after 2 or 3 years before crucifying change.

BigBroncLove
04-01-2010, 10:45 AM
This is just evil. Pure unadulterated april fools evil.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-01-2010, 10:50 AM

I am also so hoping that this site change is an april fools joke, and that the mods knew all about it, and this post is a part of the joke.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-01-2010, 10:51 AM
You know what? You cause more trouble and spread more discontent in the Mod forum than anyone else, then you come out in the Main forums and act all as if you were Mr. Reasonable. I'm about sick of it myself Mike

As far as the white background...well, I could get used to it, but it won't be easy

And that this post is part of the April fools joke

T.K.O.
04-01-2010, 10:54 AM
high fived every post....gotta give evryone their props before its too late.
i'll go back and read some of them later.
right now i gotta go by some ray bans:cool:

Ravage!!!
04-01-2010, 11:01 AM
I don't know about you guys, but I think this pink is REALLY cool!

pnbronco
04-01-2010, 11:02 AM
I'm finding the pink interesting, leave it to a quilter. The gray on this part is much nicer than the blinding white though, just as a observation.

dogfish
04-01-2010, 11:02 AM
I say we start lighting fires and tipping over cars until Tned comes back here and comes clean on his april fool's joke.

i've got the gas if you've got the matches. . . . somebody please confirm that this is a joke before we start running amock. . . .

SM19
04-01-2010, 11:04 AM
Honestly I really like the new color scheme. Don't change a thing, Tned.

claymore
04-01-2010, 11:04 AM
The snausberries taste like snausberries.

weazel
04-01-2010, 11:12 AM
april fools jokes really hurt my eyes.

T.K.O.
04-01-2010, 11:15 AM
oh great.....now woody paige is gonna tell mcD about this and the broncos will be sporting orange and pink uni's by TC.....nice work Tned:mad:

Timmy!
04-01-2010, 11:21 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Eg8cDmi7-U8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Eg8cDmi7-U8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

broncophan
04-01-2010, 11:27 AM

I think you are right.......and I told myself I would not let anyone fool me today......I was wrong!!!

broncogirl7
04-01-2010, 11:30 AM
Wow, hopefully it is an April Fool's joke...
Variations of orange on new posts and then read posts are very bad for color-blind people that can't make out variations in colors...

Grover
04-01-2010, 11:31 AM
Do I have to give my two week notice over this background color issue?

It won't be pretty. I can do a lot of damage in two weeks of angry posting! :D

Denver Native (Carol)
04-01-2010, 11:32 AM
I recommend that the joke now come to an end - all in favor say aye

dogfish
04-01-2010, 11:32 AM
T, report, stat!

GEM
04-01-2010, 11:34 AM
T isn't online. He's probably in his trusty Forum basement testing servers or somefin.

T.K.O.
04-01-2010, 11:35 AM
Wow, hopefully it is an April Fool's joke...
Variations of orange on new posts and then read posts are very bad for color-blind people that can't make out variations in colors...

this is one day when you should be thankful if you're color blind....or just blind.:cool:

dogfish
04-01-2010, 11:37 AM
T isn't online. He's probably in his trusty Forum basement testing servers or somefin.

well he needs to reassure his trusty minions-- i'm freakin' out, i can't do this white background drama again!

broncophan
04-01-2010, 11:39 AM
TNED......your sig....."The human body has two ends on it:one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of their pants.

I really think this applies to you here............:D

Denver Native (Carol)
04-01-2010, 11:44 AM
If this is not an April fools joke, I have 3 suggestions for Tned:

1. Flee to Mexico as fast as you can.

2. Undergo facial plastic surgery - you definitely will need your appearance to change.

3. Undergo a sex change operation - we will never be able to identify you.

underrated29
04-01-2010, 11:57 AM
I freaking love it!!

Hilarious.

T- always throws out plenty of advanced notice, then suddenly we go to yellow and white. I love it!

I mean, its ugly as hell and annoying for sure, but I think its funny. What you should do now tned is switch peoples usernames around. So Clay posts as DNC, Nub posts as TOP, BG7 posts as dread, West posts as a strait man... etc etc.

Buff
04-01-2010, 12:01 PM
West posts as a strait man... etc etc.

The thing about good april fools jokes is that you've got to keep them within the realm of believability. That might be taking it too far.

T.K.O.
04-01-2010, 12:03 PM
i freaking love it!!

Hilarious.

T- always throws out plenty of advanced notice, then suddenly we go to yellow and white. I love it!

I mean, its ugly as hell and annoying for sure, but i think its funny. What you should do now tned is switch peoples usernames around. So clay posts as dnc, nub posts as top, bg7 posts as dread, west posts as a strait man... Etc etc.

can i be "hotcarl"?
p.s. *farts*

Buff
04-01-2010, 12:05 PM
can i be "hotcarl"?

How do we know you aren't hotcarl?

The guy has like 43 aliases. :suspicious:

Mike
04-01-2010, 12:06 PM

Dread,

First, I always respect your views. I do think there was a better place for your comments to me. But since you chose to do it...piss off. I don't answer to you.

I am still waiting to hear for Tned on this. It's a bunch of crap.

BigBroncLove
04-01-2010, 12:06 PM
It's a prank

As digital jim said, if it was an upgrade to 4.0 this wouldn't still look like this.

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16

I go there when i need my eyes to feel normal again.

Buff
04-01-2010, 12:08 PM
Dread,

First, I always respect your views. I do think there was a better place for your comments to me. But since you chose to do it...piss off. I don't answer to you.

I am still waiting to hear for Tned on this. It's a bunch of crap.

Lighten up dude. Lighten the hell up.

Mike
04-01-2010, 12:09 PM
Lighten up dude. Lighten the hell up.

This is the reason that I left, BM. I thought this site was for the fans, by the fans. To just up and change something like this without first letting us know...that's just crap.

Buff
04-01-2010, 12:12 PM
This is the reason that I left, BM. I thought this site was for the fans, by the fans. To just up and change something like this without first letting us know...that's just crap.

Its april fools my man. T has provided us with various color options in the past, he's not just going to up and change it to the most offensive layout overnight because of an "upgrade". An upgrade which hasn't even taken place yet.

So, just chill out, take the day off, and everything will be cool tomorrow.

Rick
04-01-2010, 12:15 PM
Lighten up it is a joke.

There are 0 reasons why he would have to change this site to prep for the new 4.0 as whatever he does here will not convert over so it has to be a joke.

I have seen Tned enough to know if he was to roll out a major site redo he would have tested it on test site first not the live site.

Again, I have used this version of vbulletin and have used the new one as well and there is nothing he can do here than can convert over thus no need to change this site as is so only conclusion...it's a joke...

Timmy!
04-01-2010, 12:15 PM
Better yet, ban Buff. :D

GEM
04-01-2010, 12:18 PM

Calm down, Mike. Maybe you shouldn't be spending this much energy on this....instead you should hurl more insults dread's way, he deserves it. :D

Mike
04-01-2010, 12:19 PM
Screw this. I am done.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-01-2010, 12:23 PM
Mike and Dread - if this is an April Fools joke, and if you guys knew beforehand what would happen, or even if you did NOT know what would happen - I believe the personal insults, etc. have went way too far - joke or not.

Thanks

Buff
Screw this. I am done.

Ah, so the mods are in on it too then, eh?

Buff
I liked beef's pregnancy thread better. But this is good too.

underrated29
04-01-2010, 12:27 PM
Screw this. I am done.

Boy- Id hate to see what happens to you on a surprise birthday.

underrated29
04-01-2010, 12:29 PM
Mike and Dread - if this is an April Fools joke, and if you guys knew beforehand what would happen, or even if you did NOT know what would happen - I believe the personal insults, etc. have went way too far - joke or not.

Thanks

Not far enough. this is awesome.

Lets keep it going shall we.

Dreadnought
04-01-2010, 12:29 PM
Screw this. I am done.

Stuff it, you drama Queen. We'll be fine without you.

underrated29
04-01-2010, 12:31 PM
Ah, so the mods are in on it too then, eh?

Stuff it, you drama Queen. We'll be fine without you.

yup, you were right Buff! No way they are not in on this.

ps- i didnt know that mike was a mod.

BigBroncLove
04-01-2010, 12:37 PM
Oh! I see the mods here have taken a liking to what the BM mods are doing by deleting all the posts revealing its an april fools. Well all I have to say to that is!

http://richardwilsonauthor.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/dgfa-paperback.jpg

dogfish
04-01-2010, 12:38 PM
alright, you've had yer fun. . . . now change it back!

:yardog:

GEM
04-01-2010, 12:40 PM
Oh! I see the mods here have taken a liking to what the BM mods are doing by deleting all the posts revealing its an april fools. Well all I have to say to that is!

http://richardwilsonauthor.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/dgfa-paperback.jpg

You, sir, are a FIBBER!!! I didn't delete your post, that jackass Dread deleted your post. He's hungry to take over and he's starting out with YOUR post.

BigBroncLove
04-01-2010, 12:44 PM
You, sir, are a FIBBER!!! I didn't delete your post, that jackass Dread deleted your post. He's hungry to take over and he's starting out with YOUR post.

Oh.... hmmph. Well thems is fightin actions where I's come from. Where is he! Where is he! let me at em!

http://news.gotgame.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/29hick.jpg

dogfish
04-01-2010, 12:54 PM

quit trying to blame dread. . . he couldn't tell the difference between an IP address and a text message-- no way he's editing or deleting posts. . . .

Denver Native (Carol)
04-01-2010, 12:55 PM
OK - so in thinking about what is going on here - in regards to the posts by the mods - my opinion is that they are trying to convey to the members of BF what they have to handle - i.e. the type of posts that get reported, then discuss the appropriate action which needs to take place, etc.

If this is what is happening, in 5 minutes, 12 hours of April 1st will have passed - ENOUGH ALREADY - OK

GEM
04-01-2010, 12:57 PM
quit trying to blame dread. . . he couldn't tell the difference between an IP address and a text message-- no way he's editing or deleting posts. . . .

He knows how to delete posts but he can't delete a pic of clay's.... from his phone. Anyone else thinks that sounds just a little bit strange?

Rick
04-01-2010, 01:13 PM
I probably should stop trying to reassure people that there is very little chance this is for real as it is probably not helping Tneds joke attempt very well :)

Jaws
04-01-2010, 01:20 PM
April Fools was over seven hours ago where I am.
Please relieve me of my agony!

NightTrainLayne
04-01-2010, 01:21 PM
Dont do it Mike! You are all I have!

Man, that cuts deep Clay. . .Deep.

honz
04-01-2010, 01:21 PM
I'm not gonna read through this thread all the way, but I'm leaving this site for good if this is the new template. What an utter disgrace. So long BroncosForums...see most of you on other forums in the near future I am sure. What a shame.

Buff
04-01-2010, 01:23 PM
I'm not gonna read through this thread all the way, but I'm leaving this site for good if this is the new template. What an utter disgrace. So long BroncosForums...see most of you on other forums in the near future I am sure. What a shame.

You and Mike should start a new site.

NightTrainLayne
04-01-2010, 01:32 PM

I've got a name. BroncoOutsiders.com

honz
04-01-2010, 01:32 PM

I'd rather simply go to another site that is already established. Thanks for the encouragement though. Enjoy losing your vision day by day over here.

Dreadnought
04-01-2010, 01:33 PM
Man, that cuts deep Clay. . .Deep.

I thought Claymore was my buddy, but I can see he was a false friend all along.

Shame, really :tsk:

NightTrainLayne
04-01-2010, 01:34 PM
Are you all still seeing the crazy color-scheme? Mine's back to regular blue/orange like it has been. Did Tned get it fixed?

BigBroncLove
04-01-2010, 01:34 PM
I'd rather simply go to another site that is already established. Thanks for the encouragement though. Enjoy losing your vision day by day over here.

It reminds me of vanilla ice cream..... mmmm vanilla ice cream ;)

dogfish
04-01-2010, 01:41 PM

BitterBroncos.com

NightTrainLayne
04-01-2010, 01:56 PM
BitterBroncos.com

I like that one.

Raconteur
04-01-2010, 01:59 PM
I joined up just about a year ago because of Cutlergate, but haven't posted much. Just chek in sometimes, but this is nuts.

change it back. Enough of this joke already. Got to be a joke.

Buff
04-01-2010, 02:04 PM
Sweet, I didn't realize the draft was so close:

Only a couple more hours to go according to the countdown clock.

slim
04-01-2010, 02:05 PM
I am gay for the new look.

Tned
04-01-2010, 02:10 PM
Sweet, I didn't realize the draft was so close:

Only a couple more hours to go according to the countdown clock.

I wish, a few people have been asking me to get the countdown clock back up. I had to dig up the code, and am trying to make sure I have my offset right. A few times last year, including for the draft I think, I was off by an hour.

I'll try and get to the rest of the messages/questions in this thread as soon as possible. I only had a chance to hop on for a few minutes during a lull here at work.

To be clear, we haven't upgraded to vB 4.0 yet, this is just preperation for doing so. There is a major change to how themes and apps work, which is why we haven't upgraded yet. Not sure if the hi-five system will work on vB 4.0, for instance.

On the vB support for and test vB 4.0 installation I have setup on the backup server, I haven't even been able to figure out how to do a search where you list the results by post, rather than by thread. I'm not sure I like what they have done with the new version of vB. :sad:

Denver Native (Carol)
04-01-2010, 02:25 PM

I'm sorry - I see no reason for this to be directed at a member on here. Just what the HELL is going on today???? A joke is one thing - BUT?????

Buff
04-01-2010, 02:26 PM
I'm sorry - I see no reason for this to be directed at a member on here. Just what the HELL is going on today???? A joke is one thing - BUT?????

Deep breaths, Carol. Deep breaths.

Ravage!!!
04-01-2010, 02:31 PM
I don't know what you guys are complaining about.... I haven't seen the sun in weeks, and now I feel like I'm getting a tan on my retinas!! WHOOT...feel like I've been to the white beaches of Jamaica baby!!

slim
04-01-2010, 02:32 PM
Yeah, the mods have gone rogue (no offense Rogue).

This never would have happened if the midget was still here.

Buff
04-01-2010, 02:33 PM
Yeah, the mods have gone rogue (no offense Rogue).

This never would have happened if the midget was still here.

He kept them honest, only now do we see what a vital role he played in this community.

claymore
04-01-2010, 02:35 PM
he kept them honest, only now do we see what a vital role he played in this community.

war crotch sniffer!!!!!

slim
04-01-2010, 02:37 PM
He kept them honest, only now do we see what a vital role he played in this community.

Everyone plays a role, even the little people.

It's sad that it takes a tragedy like the one we are experiencing today for people to understand that.

NightTrainLayne
04-01-2010, 03:24 PM
Everyone plays a role, even the little people.

It's sad that it takes a tragedy like the one we are experiencing today for people to understand that.

A wise poster once told me at an upset Cswil was good for the board.

topscribe
04-01-2010, 03:28 PM

Bring the surly bastage back!!

-----

slim
04-01-2010, 03:29 PM

A wise poster once told me, "shut up, fatass".

sanluis
04-01-2010, 03:40 PM
Wait for it....................

APRIL FOOLS!!!!!!!!!!!

smith49
04-01-2010, 03:47 PM
Wait for it....................

APRIL FOOLS!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA....................very f'ing funny.

Benetto
04-01-2010, 04:34 PM
Personally I think they want you to believe its all just a April fools gag, as they jam more and more ads into our throats...

April fools! :elefant:

Benetto
04-01-2010, 05:08 PM
I hope Blevins shows up for the upgrade...
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/Benetto00/belevdog2fn-1.jpg

:Hotcarl:

claymore
04-01-2010, 05:13 PM
This is gettin ridic-o-lous.

Buff
04-01-2010, 05:26 PM
This is gettin ridic-o-lous.

Carol has had it up to effing here with this gag.

claymore
04-01-2010, 05:29 PM

She saluted a post of mine that had a swear word in it the other day. She aint taking shit no more.

dogfish
04-01-2010, 05:31 PM
leave carol alone you jerks!

dogfish
04-01-2010, 05:33 PM
thank you, jeebus. . . .

Nomad
04-01-2010, 05:34 PM
Damn were people really getting wound up or were they joking around???:lol: Everything back to normal...good one Tned!!:beer:

BigBroncLove
04-01-2010, 05:36 PM
Yes.... thank you. The evil has passed.

topscribe

She saluted a post of mine that had a swear word in it the other day. She aint taking shit no more.

leave carol alone you jerks!

It's like this: Carol busted her ass to get this board to going, as did I. For
months, that is almost alllllll we did, even to the sacrifice of other things we
should have been doing. So, joke or no joke, this is something we may be
taking a bit more personally than others . . .

-----

dogfish
Damn were people really getting wound up or were they joking around???:lol: Everything back to normal...good one Tned!!:beer:

everyone was joking but mike-- i think he actually lost it. . . . :listen:

dogfish
04-01-2010, 05:37 PM
Yes.... thank you. The evil has passed.

the long national nightmare of the white background is no more!

topscribe
04-01-2010, 05:39 PM

Well, one thing we can take out of this:

Perhaps this can help to give us a new appreciation of what we have here . . .

-----

Tned

Yea, but just remember, now that I have that abomination of a color scheme made, I can turn it on at any time :longinsanelaugh: :lol:

Nomad
months, that is almost alllllll we did, even to the sacrifice of other things we

-----

Come on Mr Top though I don't agree sometimes with Tned on BRONCO issues, I believe he would discuss something like this before hand with you original 5 and the mods because of the turmoil it caused at BM!!

Tned
04-01-2010, 05:41 PM
OK, If you are just seeing this, enjoy the thread, but it was, as many figured, and April Fool's joke. If you want to see the color scheme they were talking about, you can go to the theme chooser, at the VERY bottom, left of any page on the site and switch from "default style" to "April Fools vB 4 -" and you will see what all the blinding commotion was about.

dogfish
04-01-2010, 05:42 PM
Yea, but just remember, now that I have that abomination of a color scheme made, I can turn it on at any time :longinsanelaugh: :lol:

and i can lose your email address at any time, too. . . .

:cool:

speaking of which, the last one got returned to me-- you should probably hit me up with whichever one you're using now. . . .

Tned
04-01-2010, 05:42 PM
Come on Mr Top though I don't agree sometimes with Tned on BRONCO issues, I believe he would discuss something like this before hand with you original 5 and the mods because of the turmoil it caused at BM!!

Not only that, but as was pointed out in this thread, while some get frustrated by the process, I run all major changes past the community, not just the mods or any senior posters.

Tned
04-01-2010, 05:43 PM
and i can lose your email address at any time, too. . . .

:cool:

speaking of which, the last one got returned to me-- you should probably hit me up with whichever one you're using now. . . .

You are right, consider this my cry of 'uncle' and you win!!

I was moving my email account from one server to another, which is probably why it bounced back.

topscribe
04-01-2010, 05:46 PM
Not only that, but as was pointed out in this thread, while some get frustrated by the process, I run all major changes past the community, not just the mods or any senior posters.

I, of all people, should have known just what the hell you were up to.

But any time we get frustrated by the process here, just go and visit some other processes.

Tned, only because you administrate the best board in Broncos Land, I forgive you . . . http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thdrink.gif

-----

T.K.O.
04-01-2010, 05:47 PM

oh ! so now you have a problem with old people !

Davii
04-01-2010, 05:51 PM
Got to admit, that color scheme is one of the most awful things I have ever seen in my interwebs life.

Thank God it was a joke.

Buff
04-01-2010, 05:52 PM

-----

I remember once upon a time you made a post that said people need to stop taking themselves so seriously or this forum will not thrive. I would encourage you to dig that post up somewhere.

topscribe
04-01-2010, 05:54 PM
I remember once upon a time you made a post that said people need to stop taking themselves so seriously or this forum will not thrive. I would encourage you to dig that post up somewhere.

touché! http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thdrink.gif

(However, this board does have a special place in our hearts that perhaps only
Tned and JR can appreciate.)

-----

claymore
04-01-2010, 05:56 PM

-----

Thanks for your sacrifice Top. You and Carol's generation did its part. :salute:

Denver Native (Carol)
04-01-2010, 05:56 PM
ALL I CAN SAY IS HALLELUAH - AMEN

:elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant:

topscribe
04-01-2010, 05:59 PM
Thanks for your sacrifice Top. You and Carol's generation did its part. :salute:

Couldn't you have left out the "generation" part? :rolleyes:

Anyway, as much as we tried to do here, Tned has trumped us. The guy's a
damned genius, albeit with a twisted mind, as he demonstrated here . . . :nod:

-----

claymore
04-01-2010, 05:59 PM
Settle Down Carol.

yardog
04-01-2010, 06:00 PM
OK, If you are just seeing this, enjoy the thread, but it was, as many figured, and April Fool's joke. If you want to see the color scheme they were talking about, you can go to the theme chooser, at the VERY bottom, left of any page on the site and switch from "default style" to "April Fools vB 4 -" and you will see what all the blinding commotion was about.

KCL
04-01-2010, 06:02 PM

whoo hoo go carol...:D

Denver Native (Carol)
04-01-2010, 06:03 PM

Respect your elders sonny - and now if you will all EXCUSE me - I have to reorder my blood pressure medication, as I TOOK the WHOLE bottle today

Mike
04-01-2010, 06:03 PM
Thank Tned. I wanted him to leave it up through tomorrow.

claymore
04-01-2010, 06:04 PM
Respect your elders sonny - and now if you will all EXCUSE me - I have to reorder my blood pressure medication, as I TOOK the WHOLE bottle today

Dont mistake it for Top's boner medicine. We arent sure what that would do to a woman. :eek:

topscribe
04-01-2010, 06:05 PM

Hmmm . . . yours will be the first case in history to develop heartburn from blood pressure medication . . . :coffee:

-----

KCL
04-01-2010, 06:06 PM
Dont mistake it for Top's boner medicine. We arent sure what that would do to a woman. :eek:

lmao...you ass.

topscribe

However, I still see "screw this" under your name . . .

-----

Denver Native (Carol)

And YOU can pay for my blood pressure medication reorder

Mike
04-01-2010, 06:08 PM
And YOU can pay for my blood pressure medication reorder

Sorry, Carol. It wasn't nice, but it was fun. You are lucky I got stuck in meetings today. I was prepared to go into emo mode...resulting in my ban.

topscribe
04-01-2010, 06:08 PM

Of course, you don't need that medication.

All we need to do is allow you a little time with the goat . . .

-----

pnbronco
04-01-2010, 06:11 PM
Oh there is a God. Man I thought my eye were going to burn out of my head, but I kept coming back to see if it was a April 1st joke. Thank goodness it was, I was getting way too much work done staying away....:confused:

Carol deep breaths and you owe Tned a good punch when he comes back to CO.

pnbronco
04-01-2010, 06:16 PM
Well, one thing we can take out of this:

Perhaps this can help to give us a new appreciation of what we have here . . .

-----

I was going to post was this a lesson how we can all band together against a blinding, white evil out there? Then thought nahhh too logical and you go ahead and post this, such logic......:laugh:

honz
04-01-2010, 06:20 PM
What a stupid joke. I'm still leaving this site for good. Hope you're happy now.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-01-2010, 06:24 PM
Sorry, Carol. It wasn't nice, but it was fun. You are lucky I got stuck in meetings today. I was prepared to go into emo mode...resulting in my ban.

Hey - you had a good start:lol:

topscribe
04-01-2010, 06:25 PM
I'm still waiting for the Broncos FO to announce they've traded Marshall and a 5th
to Seattle for two 1sts, a 3rd, and Ben Obomanu and then yell APRIL FOOL!!

-----

Denver Native (Carol)
04-01-2010, 06:27 PM

After staring at that AWFUL white, and going back in time - I was READY to try ANYTHING:tsk:

topscribe
04-01-2010, 06:29 PM
After staring at that AWFUL white, and going back in time - I was READY to try ANYTHING:tsk:

In which case I would have been glad there are 800 miles between us . . .

-----

Dreadnought
04-01-2010, 06:33 PM
That color scheme was flat out heinous - awful - punishing. It was Mike's fault, and we should ban him for it IMO

Tned
04-01-2010, 06:34 PM
oh ! so now you have a problem with old people !

Well, I wouldn't say a problem.... ;)

topscribe
04-01-2010, 06:35 PM
That color scheme was flat out heionous - awful - punishing. It was Mike's fault, and we should ban him for it IMO

Nah, that would be too easy.

Take away his resignation privileges and make him remain a mod forever . . . :lol:

-----

Tned
04-01-2010, 06:37 PM

Yea, but didn't it bring back some memories for us Mania people? :laugh:

Tned
04-01-2010, 06:39 PM

Carol had me worried, I didn't have the internal strength to keep it going. I caved... :sad:

Mike
That color scheme was flat out heinous - awful - punishing. It was Mike's fault, and we should ban him for it IMO

Piss off. :elefant:

:laugh:

Dreadnought
Nah, that would be too easy.

Take away his resignation privileges and make him remain a mod forever . . . :lol:

-----

In my nightmares, if I don't mend my ways, I'll end up Modding ol' Scratch's message board for eternity, the entire membership of which consists of sarcastic and rude 17 year olds.

For this reason I will be diligent this weekend :D

Dreadnought
04-01-2010, 06:40 PM
Piss off. :elefant:

:laugh:

Mike and I now hate each other. That part was real :coffee:

BroncoJoe
04-01-2010, 06:40 PM
Tned, I :salute: you.

That was good.

Tned
04-01-2010, 06:47 PM
Tned, I :salute: you.

That was good.

Next year, I will have to plan a 'real' change, that everyone will think is a joke, but the joke will be it's real. Ok, thinking that trough gave me a headache.

FWIW, it was a bear last night making that theme that hideous. I kept tweaking it so that it would be usable, but horrible. That's a fine line to walk. :laugh:

Denver Native (Carol)
04-01-2010, 06:50 PM
Carol had me worried, I didn't have the internal strength to keep it going. I caved... :sad:

DAMN good thing too ;)

Oh - I almost forgot - I need to cancel my plane reservation to Arkansas

OrangeHoof
04-01-2010, 07:26 PM
What a stupid joke. I'm still leaving this site for good. Hope you're happy now.

Wow. A site upgrade! Nice work, Tned! :beer:

honz
04-01-2010, 07:31 PM
Wow. A site upgrade! Nice work, Tned! :beer:

This cuts deep.

OrangeHoof
04-01-2010, 07:32 PM
What's totally believable is being forced into new software that is supposedly "new and improved" and winds up dropping some of the features you thought were cool and replacing it with functions that are less manageable and less useful.

I see it all the time. The old Windows Media Player would let you pause at any point in a video by simply hitting the space bar or left-clicking the mouse. Easy, right? So, of course, with their "upgrade" you now have to hunt down the "p" key to pause. Grrrr.

But then "Windows" and "upgrade fraud" are almost synonymous.

OrangeHoof
04-01-2010, 07:33 PM
This cuts deep.

Why do you care? You're leaving! :confused:

honz
04-01-2010, 07:35 PM
Why do you care? You're leaving! :confused:

It doesn't mean I don't have feelings. I am a very emotional being.

T.K.O.
04-01-2010, 07:45 PM
DAMN good thing too ;)

Oh - I almost forgot - I need to cancel my plane reservation to Arkansas

there are planes that go to arkansas ?:confused:

dogfish
04-01-2010, 08:00 PM

i ALMOST wish he would hav e, just because it was kinda fun seeing you so combatative. . . .

This cuts deep.

not as deep as a razor, emo boi!

Rick
04-01-2010, 08:01 PM
I am not real fond of thier over haul of the software either.

Took a good while getting my site the way i wanted it to begin with then everything I did was no longer usable and had to start all over, pissed me off.

Vbulletin is fine with wanting to add in more features and security but they need to start thinking of doing it in a way that customers don't have to go through the pains of upgrading by losing mods or themes.

Still can't believe how many people here went crazy over an obvious joke though :)

spikerman
04-01-2010, 08:03 PM
Well played sir. I was afraid I was going to have to start following a team with a better color scheme on their message boards like, say, the Seahawks.

Timmy!
04-01-2010, 08:30 PM
Shitty. I was hoping for the white background to be permanent. :heh:

honz
04-01-2010, 08:34 PM
i ALMOST wish he would hav e, just because it was kinda fun seeing you so combatative. . . .

not as deep as a razor, emo boi!

Fine. I'll leave more than this board. I'm gonna leave the whole damn world behind. Nobody likes me...what's the point anymore? It's all Tned's fault with that April Fool's joke.

;)

dogfish
04-01-2010, 09:03 PM
Shitty. I was hoping for the white background to be permanent. :heh:

dude-- not cool. . . . why don't you go do something useful like bump the drunk thread?

pnbronco
04-02-2010, 12:03 AM
Note to self I am never getting on this site on April 1st again. I've burned my eye's out and they came back in time to cry, I hate this day.

Timmy!
04-02-2010, 12:05 AM
dude-- not cool. . . . why don't you go do something useful like bump the drunk thread?

Just doesn't feel right if I'm not drinking ya know? I do have morals....sorta....

BroncoBJ
04-02-2010, 12:06 AM
Note to self I am never getting on this site on April 1st again. I've burned my eye's out and they came back in time to cry, I hate this day.

At least this April Fools joke is harmless though. I remember going on the site earlier today and was like " what the hell?" ... Everything was white and pink font. :lol: Kinda funny. But yea, April fools day does suck. I just try to remind myself that its April fools day all day so I dont forget. :fight:

GEM
04-02-2010, 09:46 AM
Muhahahahah!!! That was the best ever! I knew the white background would do it. :D

topscribe
04-02-2010, 12:31 PM
Fine. I'll leave more than this board. I'm gonna leave the whole damn world behind. Nobody likes me...what's the point anymore? It's all Tned's fault with that April Fool's joke.

;)

Not true. I made you a friend on the board, didn't I?

Well actually, I was going to ask you for a loan . . .

-----