PDA

View Full Version : Denver Trying to Sign Darrell Jackson; Samie Parker-Chris Williams Visits

WARHORSE
04-14-2008, 01:23 AM
Two wide receivers attract Denver's eye

By The Denver Post
Article Last Updated: 04/13/2008 11:36:29 PM MDT

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2008/0413/20080413__Titans-Chiefs-Football~p1_200.jpg (http://www.denverpost.com/portlet/article/html/imageDisplay.jsp?contentItemRelationshipId=1904647 ) Samie Parker (http://stats.denverpost.com/football/nfl-players.aspx?page=/data/nfl/players/player17825.html), right, caught 41 passes for the Chiefs in 2006. (AP file)

The Broncos are close to signing former Kansas City Chiefs receiver Samie Parker and are deep in discussions with Darrell Jackson, the former No. 1 pass-catching threat for the Seattle Seahawks and San Francisco 49ers, according to multiple NFL sources.
Parker, 27, was the Chiefs' No. 2 receiver in 2005-06, averaging 38.5 catches and 547 yards. He and the Broncos could finalize an agreement today.
Few receivers have a more impressive resume than Jackson, who was released by San Francisco after last season largely to avoid paying $4 million in salary and bonus. He has averaged 61 receptions in his eight NFL seasons and has three seasons of at least 1,000 yards. He caught 10 TD passes in 2006.
Williams' visit.
Among the draft-eligible players visiting the Broncos this week is Vanderbilt offensive tackle Chris Williams, who was in Sunday. The college visit period ends Friday.
Restricted means restricted.
For Broncos defensive backs Domonique Foxworth, Hamza Abdullah and Karl Paymah, it was a tough year to become a restricted free agent. There were nearly 100 restricted free agents on the market this offseason. With the deadline Friday for teams to submit offer sheets, only four restricted free agents have changed teams, including Broncos center Chris Myers, who wound up with the Houston Texans in exchange for a sixth- round pick.

WARHORSE
04-14-2008, 01:29 AM
Think Chris Williams is a smoke screen? I dont think so. Everyone knows we dont bring in the guys we're targeting.

That could be the whole reason that we just may be lookin at him, and really may look to draft him.

DenBronx
04-14-2008, 01:47 AM
booo on sammy parker.....but maybe on jackson.

TXBRONC
04-14-2008, 07:17 AM
Parker has never materialized as solid reciever and the other guy past his prime. The only thing tis that just because the are signed doesn't mean they will make the team.

NameUsedBefore
04-14-2008, 08:18 AM
Parker: Meh. Jackson: Maybe. Williams: Who the hell knows with the Shanahamster.

BOSSHOGG30
04-14-2008, 08:20 AM
Could be worse... we could be going after Keyshawn Johnson....

I think Parker might battle for return duties with Martinez and Jackson excels in the West Coast offense and could battle it out with Colbert to make the roster.

LRtagger
04-14-2008, 08:35 AM
I dont see any negative to this. If either can beat out Colbert for the #2, then that is a plus. Do either of them excel in the redzone?

Superchop 7
04-14-2008, 08:42 AM
I am really high on getting Jackson.

50 Career TD catches.

Runs razor sharp routes.

Tenacious downfield blocker.

3.64 GPA

Great in the locker room.

Using Football Outsiders catch %, Jackson is at 58% (for comparison, Randy Moss is at
45%)

Marshall, Jackson, Stokely ??? That would be sick.

This is a guy you sign for 4 years.

BOSSHOGG30
04-14-2008, 08:46 AM
I dont see any negative to this. If either can beat out Colbert for the #2, then that is a plus. Do either of them excel in the redzone?

The only negative I can see from this is makes you wonder exactly how Brandon Marshall is really doing.

BOSSHOGG30
04-14-2008, 08:50 AM
this also makes me believe that we are going either OL or RB in the 1st round.

McCree and Manuel temp fix for safety need
Kootie and Bailey, linebacker fix
Colbert, Parker, and Jackson? WR fix?
Robertson trade? DT fix?

Leaves us with OL and RB... Right now I would say 60% chance of OL, 30% chance it is a RB, and 10% chance it is another position.

MOtorboat
04-14-2008, 08:54 AM
Samie Parker sucks.

BOSSHOGG30
04-14-2008, 08:55 AM
Samie Parker sucks.

until he is a Bronco and returns one to the house against the Chiefs right...:laugh:

MOtorboat
04-14-2008, 08:55 AM
until he is a Bronco and returns one to the house against the Chiefs right...:laugh:

Don't get your hopes up.

Superchop 7
04-14-2008, 08:57 AM
The Broncos are more apt to spend $$ on o-line than RB.

BOSSHOGG30
04-14-2008, 08:58 AM
Don't get your hopes up.

He is a fast return threat we need. He ran a 10.18 100 meters when he played at Oregon. When healthy I think he is actually a very good player. His stats aren't much different from Colbert.

Italianmobstr7
04-14-2008, 09:00 AM
I would like to sign Jackson I think...The biggest knock on him is that he drops a lot of passes.That can't be a good thing. Hopefully we can bring him in here as our #2, and he won't be too bad. We don't need him to catch TOO much w/ Stokely, Marshall and Scheffler. But if he could bring in 50 passes or so, our offense would be just that much better with him in there instead of Colbert.

BOSSHOGG30
04-14-2008, 09:02 AM
Keary Colbert
4 year Career
109 catches
1424 yards
7 TD's

Samie Parker
4 year career
110 catches
1529 yards
7 TD's

MOtorboat
04-14-2008, 09:03 AM
The Broncos are more apt to spend $$ on o-line than RB.

What running back?

He is a fast return threat we need. He ran a 10.18 100 meters when he played at Oregon. When healthy I think he is actually a very good player. His stats aren't much different from Colbert.

Obviously Dante Hall did that the first three years of his career, but he didn't do any of that last year.

MOtorboat
04-14-2008, 09:05 AM
Keary Colbert
4 year Career
109 catches
1424 yards
7 TD's

Samie Parker
4 year career
110 catches
1529 yards
7 TD's

I just don't see the benefit of signing two of the same player. Unless, I guess, one of them emerges...I just don't like Parker. Just my opinion. I'd rather have Colbert.

BOSSHOGG30
04-14-2008, 09:09 AM
I just don't see the benefit of signing two of the same player. Unless, I guess, one of them emerges...I just don't like Parker. Just my opinion. I'd rather have Colbert.

I rather have both of them over guys like Marquay McDaniel, Derrick Hamilton, Clifford Russell, Edell Shepherd, and Taylor Jacobs (damn Florida gator receivers! why do people even draft them?)

Skinny
04-14-2008, 09:09 AM
Meh i like Jackson best of the two. If he can shake the nagging injuries that have hampered him the past few years he could be a good fit here. A nice possession type receiver if you will.

But till BMarsh gets some blood curculating to his head i'll take both these cats just in case ...

underrated29
04-14-2008, 09:12 AM
Im with mo- i dont like parker either. I would rather keep colbert.

can parker even block?

I really dont care if we got either or neither, we could use some solid depth at the position other then martinez. Because i like parker a lot more than martinez.

I think brandon is fine, but maybe the broncos draft board just changed some with the visit of williams and now they dont plan to take a wr as high as they were originally planning?

just a thought.

BOSSHOGG30
04-14-2008, 09:15 AM
Im with mo- i dont like parker either. I would rather keep colbert.

can parker even block?

I really dont care if we got either or neither, we could use some solid depth at the position other then martinez. Because i like parker a lot more than martinez.

I think brandon is fine, but maybe the broncos draft board just changed some with the visit of williams and now they dont plan to take a wr as high as they were originally planning?

just a thought.

You don't really have to worry about blocking when you are the return man or the guy called in when we spread the defense out with Cutler in shot gun.

BeefStew25
04-14-2008, 09:16 AM
I say sign em all and try to get some competition going during training camp.

BOSSHOGG30
04-14-2008, 09:24 AM
I say sign em all and try to get some competition going during training camp.

Exactly.... You never know who is going to step up... look at Glenn Martinez... who even knew of the guy and although he may not be great, he really stepped up for us last year. I doubt he is the answer, but you never know.

haroldthebarrel
04-14-2008, 09:26 AM

Thats an insane 100m when you're not even a true track and field athlete.

Samie Parker has gotten all the chances he could from a team that was receiver starved. I see no reason we look at him as a receiver. If we look at him it would be as a returner.

I think it is a good idea to take a shot at Jackson. At least he has produced pretty consistently even though there are some minor concerns over his practice work ethic and he will always drop a couple of easy ones.

It may look as though you are right on the team looking at OT and RB. Usually visits to denver means nothing, but in this case I just cannot see us having another guy in front of Williams.
Remember the team was willing to draft Harrel last year even though GB "reached" on him. I wouldnt put it past Denver that we are really looking at a reach for Balmer.
I still find it hard to understand that the team are willing to take a rb in the first in this draft. They must really love Mendenhall or Stewart, but there are so many quality rbs that will be there later in the draft.

I suppose this is just the annual "try to confuse the fans" and let them be even more confused on draft day.

BeefStew25
04-14-2008, 09:30 AM
Exactly.... You never know who is going to step up... look at Glenn Martinez... who even knew of the guy and although he may not be great, he really stepped up for us last year. I doubt he is the answer, but you never know.

Martinez is so low maintenece compared to these high priced free agents. He runs good routes it seems, but get the drops every now and then.

I actually did a little write up on our WR staff on my blog. Check it out:

http://incarna.andablog.com/2007/10/08/loserLarge.jpg

LRtagger
04-14-2008, 09:33 AM
The only negative I can see from this is makes you wonder exactly how Brandon Marshall is really doing.

the thought crossed my mind as well

turftoad
04-14-2008, 09:37 AM
No and no.

Parker hasn't done a thing since he left KC and Jackson is over rated and drops to many balls.
Both of these guys are a huge reach in an effort to fix our ailing WR corps.

Parker............... same stats as Colbert, just reminded me how much Colbert sucks.

haroldthebarrel
04-14-2008, 09:38 AM
Getting an open competition between Stokley, Colbert and Jackson for the second and third receiver spots is just good. They should at least be a lot more rounded than any rookie unless that rookie plays a spot role.

I was wondering why the team didnt look at Jackson before and I must say I am pretty happy we are looking at him now.
If we are going to win now, or at least try to go to the playoffs, I wouldnt trust any rookies to pick up the slack and play a usual number two.
heck, average rookie stats for receivers are between 550 and 800 yards. Calvin Johnson didnt exactly light up his rookie year, and I wouldnt expect any of these rooks to do better than him based upon talent.

MOtorboat
No and no.

Parker hasn't done a thing since he left KC and Jackson is over rated and drops to many balls.
Both of these guys are a huge reach in an effort to fix our ailing WR corps.

Parker............... same stats as Colbert, just reminded me how much Colbert sucks.

LOL, turf...he hasn't done anything since he left KC, because he hasn't had a season to play in since he left KC. :elefant:

WARHORSE
Jackson has had a history of injury. Other than that, hes been productive with the occasional drop. Parker, is camp comp, with the possibility of helping the team in the return game.

Much of this of course is to keep our opponents guessing on what we plan on doing on draft day.
:confused:

haroldthebarrel
04-14-2008, 09:41 AM
Jackson has been a number one receiver and been steady and productive over his career.
He drops the ball and has been a little injured. Still, getting him for a decent price wouldnt hurt the team at all. JMHO
At the very least it sets up in a pretty good position to maneuver in the draft.

BOSSHOGG30
04-14-2008, 09:41 AM
Martinez is so low maintenece compared to these high priced free agents. He runs good routes it seems, but get the drops every now and then.

I actually did a little write up on our WR staff on my blog. Check it out:

http://incarna.andablog.com/2007/10/08/loserLarge.jpg

You think Parker and Jackson will be expensive or "high priced"? I would be shocked considering how long they've been available and both have many question marks. Some say Jackson should retire considering he couldn't even hack it on the 49ers who really needs better players at the receiver position. Plus if you have Mike Martz as your offensive coordinator you would think he would want as many good receivers as he can. They cut Jackson like it was nothing and he hasn't had any team interested in him since.

Parker is probably the best signing of these two guys. He is still young, super fast, and our west coast style should help him if we use him right. The guy is dangerous once he has the ball in his hands. We need receivers that are good after the catch. Plus we need a kick returner badly. We signed some guy named Sheppard this off-season to battle Martinez... not exactly something to get excited about. Parker has some potential and if not, he should come cheap and the Broncos could cut him.

turftoad
04-14-2008, 09:47 AM
LOL, turf...he hasn't done anything since he left KC, because he hasn't had a season to play in since he left KC. :elefant:

Exactly !! :D

He hasn't done a thing. And................. he sucks. :D

BeefStew25
04-14-2008, 09:49 AM
You think Parker and Jackson will be expensive or "high priced"?

Relative to what we are paying Martinez they are.

Ziggy
04-14-2008, 09:49 AM
I like the Parker signing. It gives us a legitimate return man for once. He should be able to complete for the #2 spot also. Jackson is the one I don't like. He tends to look great in preseason and practices, and then drop big passes at crucial times in games. But bring in all of em! Shake it all up and see who comes out on top.

As far as Chris Williams coming in, I hope he interviews well. It surprises me considering the Broncos didn't even show up for Vanderbilts pro day.

BOSSHOGG30
04-14-2008, 09:51 AM
Relative to what we are paying Martinez they are.

I'm thinking league minimum for Parker and I don't know if we sign Jackson... at least I hope not.

turftoad
04-14-2008, 09:52 AM
You think Parker and Jackson will be expensive or "high priced"? I would be shocked considering how long they've been available and both have many question marks. Some say Jackson should retire considering he couldn't even hack it on the 49ers who really needs better players at the receiver position. Plus if you have Mike Martz as your offensive coordinator you would think he would want as many good receivers as he can. They cut Jackson like it was nothing and he hasn't had any team interested in him since.
Parker is probably the best signing of these two guys. He is still young, super fast, and our west coast style should help him if we use him right. The guy is dangerous once he has the ball in his hands. We need receivers that are good after the catch. Plus we need a kick returner badly. We signed some guy named Sheppard this off-season to battle Martinez... not exactly something to get excited about. Parker has some potential and if not, he should come cheap and the Broncos could cut him.

So the 9rs cut Jackson because he couldn't hack it and they sign Bryant Johnson to replace him. So........ Johnson must be better than Jackson however, we're looking at Jackson and could have had Johnson. :confused:

But nooooooooooooo..... we go out and sign Colberts. :tsk:

What the hell is going on in the front office????

BOSSHOGG30
04-14-2008, 09:53 AM

He played on the Chiefs the past few years... It was either give the ball to Larry Johnson or throw it up to Tony Gonzalez or Eddie Kennison. This past year he had Croyle as his QB... not exactly the greatest oppurtunity to impress.

BOSSHOGG30
04-14-2008, 09:53 AM
So the 9rs cut Jackson because he couldn't hack it and they sign Bryant Johnson to replace him. So........ Johnson must be better than Jackson however, we're looking at Jackson and could have had Johnson. :confused:

But nooooooooooooo..... we go out and sign Colberts. :tsk:

What the hell is going on in the front office????

You got it:D

haroldthebarrel
04-14-2008, 10:00 AM
Perhaps the Jackson/Johnson thing has a little to do with prize and the fact that a veteran guy like Jackson was injured a little last season.

he has been awfully consistent up to last year in SF. Everybody sucked at qb and receiver in SF last year. I tend to look at his career more so than the one year that stands out as an exception. Unless he is a huge injury risk or he demands a contract that is way too high I just dont see the problem.
I guess this is another one of those agree to disagree propositions.

MOtorboat
04-14-2008, 10:02 AM
He played on the Chiefs the past few years... It was either give the ball to Larry Johnson or throw it up to Tony Gonzalez or Eddie Kennison. This past year he had Croyle as his QB... not exactly the greatest oppurtunity to impress.

Do you know why that was?

Because Parker sucks.

BOSSHOGG30
04-14-2008, 10:04 AM
Do you know why that was?

Because Parker sucks.

And you're short!:D

MOtorboat
04-14-2008, 10:06 AM
And you're short!:D

Duh. :tsk:

BOSSHOGG30
04-14-2008, 10:23 AM
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x146/nfl_mitchell/Kansas%20City%20Chiefs/fullj.getty76126862js008_new_orleans_s.jpg

MOtorboat
04-14-2008, 10:25 AM
Who wants to bet on if he dropped that ball?

BOSSHOGG30
04-14-2008, 10:43 AM
Who wants to bet on if he dropped that ball?

http://snap.stats.com/stats/nflinfo/playerstats.asp?id=6864&Submit=Go

In 2006 he was targeted 68 times... he caught 41 of them and only dropped 4 passes, the other 23 were considered uncatchable or intercepted.

His numbers were going up each year until they made the QB switch to Croyle and he fell on the depth chart behind Jeff Webb and Dwayne Bowe, not to mention Larry Johnson being injuried and a poor offensive line. Who blames him for a sub par 2007 season.

MOtorboat
04-14-2008, 10:45 AM

In 2006 he was targeted 68 times... he caught 41 of them and only dropped 4 passes, the other 23 were considered uncatchable or intercepted.

His numbers were going up each year until they made the QB switch to Croyle and he fell on the depth chart behind Jeff Webb and Dwayne Bowe, not to mention Larry Johnson being injuried and a poor offensive line. Who blames him for a sub par 2007 season.

They were generous.

MOtorboat
04-14-2008, 10:51 AM
I can almost guarantee that he dropped that ball, unless that was a two-yard out route.

r8rh8r
04-14-2008, 10:53 AM
I'd like to give Parker a shot at a roster slot. If he earns it, welcome to the team.

I think D-Jack has remained on the market because of his asking price. He's had some other interest. There are tons of teams who need help at receiver. I doubt we'll sign him based on cost rather than capability.

I don't put anything into the Chris Williams visit. With Denver so close to the draft and Chicago and Carolina both in the market for an OT, this could just as easily be construed as a move to improve Denver's bargaining position.

Almost every team from Carolina to Dallas has some combination of WR, CB, and OT as their biggest needs. Given that Devin Thomas, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Jeff Otah, and Chris Williams are all on the board at 12, Denver has an enviable draft pick. I think we are moving down, down, down...

lex
04-14-2008, 10:55 AM

I agree. Even when Green was there, its not like he had the kind of armstrength we see with Cutler. So hopefully, we can better utilize his deep speed. I really like the Parker pickup. 1) I cant believe we're paying a lot for him; 2) He has the deep speed that no other receiver on our roster has; 3) We have a QB with a big arm; 4) It can give us some flexibility in the draft; 5) He has seen NFL game speed and has played in an offense that makes its way running the ball.

Theres a lot to like about the Parker pickup. Its low risk with potentially high upside.

Requiem / The Dagda
04-14-2008, 11:03 AM
I'm open to both Jackson and Parker coming to this ball club. It's possible that the team is concerned Marshall isn't making it along; and Jackson understands the WCO and has had some great success in it. Given the whole situation in San Francisco, he'd be the last person I'd blame for a bad season. I'd be happy with both signings. Gives us insurance in case Marshall isn't back and means we can focus elsewhere with our top two picks.

What feels better to you guys?

Marshall, Highly Drafted Rookie, Colbert and Stokley as our top four guys.

Marshall, Jackson, Parker, Colbert, Stokley and perhaps a mid-round rookie?

I'll take the last set of receivers any day; even if a rookie isn't in the mix. Like JR, TX and a few other posters have been saying here -- rookie receivers usually don't produce right away. If Jackson came in; that's another guy who will get 50 catches a year; maybe more. We'll air out the ball. All we need is some weapons.

I'm not opposed to this at all. I think fans should kinda be happy about this.

lex
04-14-2008, 11:13 AM
I'm open to both Jackson and Parker coming to this ball club. It's possible that the team is concerned Marshall isn't making it along; and Jackson understands the WCO and has had some great success in it. Given the whole situation in San Francisco, he'd be the last person I'd blame for a bad season. I'd be happy with both signings. Gives us insurance in case Marshall isn't back and means we can focus elsewhere with our top two picks.

What feels better to you guys?

Marshall, Highly Drafted Rookie, Colbert and Stokley as our top four guys.

Marshall, Jackson, Parker, Colbert, Stokley and perhaps a mid-round rookie?

I'll take the last set of receivers any day; even if a rookie isn't in the mix. Like JR, TX and a few other posters have been saying here -- rookie receivers usually don't produce right away. If Jackson came in; that's another guy who will get 50 catches a year; maybe more. We'll air out the ball. All we need is some weapons.

I'm not opposed to this at all. I think fans should kinda be happy about this.

As I recall, Jackson has had a problem with drops though, no? It depends on how much we are paying him really. But Parker though will make the defense defend all parts of the field. We have a QB with a big enough arm to make the defense worry about defending all parts of the field but with someone that has Parker's speed, it can really make the defense pay for crowding the box or jumping Marshall's route.

Requiem / The Dagda
04-14-2008, 11:18 AM
Even with Jackson's "dropsies" (I'd have to STATS Inc. it up!) he's still worth pursuing [but price should be considered] because he has #1 experience and knows the WCO extremely well. The more the merrier. I'd actually be fine with adding those two; not even getting a receiver and taking an OL and a RB first to make this offensive even more potent.

Get these signings done!

Superchop 7
04-14-2008, 11:21 AM
Let me re-iterate.

His catch % is 58% (Football Outsiders)

Randy Moss is 45%

Has he dropped the easy catch ? Sure, so has Rod Smith.

He wasn't the problem in Seattle. They got alot worse after he left.

He was due 4 million dollars, that's why San Fran dumped him.

In the Super-bowl, he tied the record for most catches in a quarter.
(That's catches.....not drops)

Don't let the media dictate your opinion, he is damn good.

Requiem / The Dagda
04-14-2008, 11:23 AM
Let me re-iterate.

Randy Moss is 45%

Thanks for the breakdown, it's appreciated.

r8rh8r
04-14-2008, 11:25 AM
Darrell Jackson had 7 drops last year, tied for 9th in the NFL. Keary Colbert was right behind him with 6 drops; however, D-jack was targeted 104 times while Colbert was targeted 70 times (because he was benched week 12). Thus, D-Jack dropped 6.5% of his passes and Colbert dropped 8.5%.

BeefStew25
04-14-2008, 11:26 AM
Look at us signing a WR like this:

At dude we sign is going to be better than anyone we draft. Usually. Brandon Marshall kinda messed up that theory, but in the long run, Shanny isn't going to hit gold that often.

Requiem / The Dagda
04-14-2008, 11:28 AM
Look at us signing a WR like this:

At dude we sign is going to be better than anyone we draft. Usually. Brandon Marshall kinda messed up that theory, but in the long run, Shanny isn't going to hit gold that often.

Yep. I see the Broncos looking at a guy like Jackson who is a proven starter and has WCO experience who can help us now and for a couple years down the road; and to bring in a guy like Parker who has deep speed to stretch the field. If we can get them both at a cheap cost; why the heck not? It's better than what we have right now.

BeefStew25
04-14-2008, 11:30 AM
Yep. I see the Broncos looking at a guy like Jackson who is a proven starter and has WCO experience who can help us now and for a couple years down the road; and to bring in a guy like Parker who has deep speed to stretch the field. If we can get them both at a cheap cost; why the heck not? It's better than what we have right now.

And anything we can hope to find in the draft....Or we could not and maybe go find a Triundos Luke or something.

r8rh8r
04-14-2008, 11:31 AM
Let me re-iterate.

Randy Moss is 45%

Randy Moss caught 105 out of 177 targets last year or 59%.

Darrell Jackson caught 46 out of 104 targets or 44% last year.

Are you quoting career stats?

Superchop 7
04-14-2008, 12:16 PM
Randy Moss caught 105 out of 177 targets last year or 59%.

Darrell Jackson caught 46 out of 104 targets or 44% last year.

Are you quoting career stats?

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________

Yes I am.

In 2006, he caught an unbelievable 69%.

Look at how much better Moss got when he actually had a QB ?

Look at how much worse Jackson got when he "didn't" have a QB.

I would grab this guy in a heartbeat.

jetrazor74
04-14-2008, 02:23 PM
In all honesty, most people never regain 100% use after an injury like Marshall has. It doesn't mean his career is over, but if he doesn't have full feeling or full hand strength, it's going to affect his play.

I would love to see us pick up both of these guys. Even if Brandon does fully recover, we could always use extra depth and speed at the #2 spot.

Besides, we use our slot(traditionally #3) like most teams use the number 2.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-14-2008, 02:45 PM
Darrell Jackson...sign me up!

claymore
04-14-2008, 05:02 PM
If this was posted I apologize..............

As Brandon Marshall Recuperates, Denver Broncos Look at Darrell Jackson

The Denver Broncos' starting wide receivers last year were Brandon Marshall, who is recovering from an arm injury suffered when he fell into a TV, and Javon Walker, who is no longer with the team.

Right now the No. 1 healthy receiver in Denver is Brandon Stokley, which is not a good place for a team to be, and Denver's need at wide receiver may be good news for Darrell Jackson, one of the few veteran wide receivers available. The Denver Post reports (via PFT) that the Broncos are "deep in discussions" with Jackson, a 29-year-old who caught 46 passes for 497 yards in 2007, his one and only season in San Francisco. He had three 1,000-yard seasons in Seattle.

Denver is also reportedly close to signing former Kansas City Chiefs receiver Samie Parker. If they add both Parker and Jackson, it would be a strong indication that they don't think they can count on Marshall to catch another 100 passes this year, either because his injury is too severe or because he'll continue to get into trouble off the field.

Link........................ (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/04/14/as-brandon-marshall-recuperates-denver-broncos-look-at-darrell/)

underrated29
04-14-2008, 05:11 PM
Or how about more weapons for cutler. I think brandon is fine unless they come out of nowhere with some sort of crazy trade for like larry fitz, player for player swap, which isnt about to happen.

shanny plays the odds, he drafts in 3's at his need positions, cb, de. So why not sign 3 wr and let the best couple win it out.

I just dont think there is a problem with brandon.

claymore
04-14-2008, 05:13 PM
Or how about more weapons for cutler. I think brandon is fine unless they come out of nowhere with some sort of crazy trade for like larry fitz, player for player swap, which isnt about to happen.

shanny plays the odds, he drafts in 3's at his need positions, cb, de. So why not sign 3 wr and let the best couple win it out.

I just dont think there is a problem with brandon.I guess we will see. It was a pretty serious cut. But to be honest I have zero faith in our rehab program. At least he isnt in Clevland...........

Slick
04-14-2008, 06:10 PM
I read on another forum that Parker signed, and we're still talking to Jackson.

Drill-N-Fill
04-14-2008, 06:12 PM
I think its truly speculation on their part about Marshall being the reason. I think this was going to happen even if Marshall didn't have the cut. We need competition at the 2nd WR, instead of just giving Colbert the job.

I think Marshall's status is going fine. He's on schedule, actually a little bit early b/c he took of the cast already. It just takes time for the arteries and nerves to heal.

Broncospsycho77
04-14-2008, 06:20 PM
Latest update from Google News:

Darrell Jackson: In Contact With Denver - 4/14/2008 12:46:51 PM

Update:
According to the Denver Post, Jackson and the Broncos are deep in contract discussions.

Recommendation:
Jackson was released by San Francisco in March, after just one season by the Bay. Jackson saw quite a decrease in production in 2007, he caught 46 balls for nearly 500 yards, down from 63 and 956, respectively, in 2006. His last 1000 yard season came in 2004, when he had 87 grabs and almost 1200 yards. Jackson would likely compete for Denver's third wide receiver spot, behind Brandon Marshall and Brandon Stokley. The Post also reports that the Broncos are close to signing Samie Parker, who may prove to be Jackson's main competition, should both sign with the Broncos.

http://www.rotowire.com/roto_to_gnews.htm?ID=143122&sport=nfl

Just reiterates what others have said.

Nature Boy
04-14-2008, 06:21 PM
A step in the right direction. We need the depth at WR. Hopefully we get both guys to sign. Then we really need to buff up that O-line and D-line, OT 1st.

BOSSHOGG30
04-14-2008, 06:27 PM
Broncos agreed to terms with WR Samie Parker, formerly of the Chiefs.

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports Darrell Jackson is expected to join the Broncos on Tuesday. Parker, 27, seemed to regress in Kansas City and lost his starting job in 2007. Behind Brandon Marshall, Brandon Stokley, and Keary Colbert, he'll have a hard time carving out a role as anything more than a fourth receiver. Jackson will be a better bet for a roster spot.
Source: NFL.com

Nature Boy
04-14-2008, 06:32 PM
Darrell Jackson has dropped quite a few easy passes in Seattle and SF in the games I've watched him.

Skinny
04-14-2008, 06:37 PM
One down, one to go ...

DallasChief
04-14-2008, 07:53 PM

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports Darrell Jackson is expected to join the Broncos on Tuesday. Parker, 27, seemed to regress in Kansas City and lost his starting job in 2007. Behind Brandon Marshall, Brandon Stokley, and Keary Colbert, he'll have a hard time carving out a role as anything more than a fourth receiver. Jackson will be a better bet for a roster spot.

Nice pickup. Was Ashlie Lelie not available?

BOSSHOGG30
04-14-2008, 07:55 PM
Nice pickup. Was Ashlie Lelie not available?

Samie's already spilling the beans about KC's plays to Shanahan. Plus, I always like players seeking some revenge from their former team... We know that Parker will at least give his all in two games this year. One in KC and one vs. KC in Denver.

JONtheBRONCO
04-14-2008, 08:07 PM
The recent signing of Samie Parker is actually a surprise to me. I'm not angry about the move, just surprised. It seems as if Shananan is targeting a couple players outside of the draft, at a couple key spots on our team. To go along with Parker, the Broncos are also targeting Darrell Jackson too. Jackson has had a couple bright spots in his career, but recently has dropped off the map.

There is still some promise to go along with recently signed Kerry Colbert, Samie Parker, and soon to be Darrell Jackson, they actually have a quarterback who can get the ball to them. The possible draft rumor involving the Jets and the Broncos include defensive tackle Dewayne Robertson, who Denver is likely to give up two second day picks. Robertson has been somewhat consistent, never having missed a game in his career - although recent news of a failed physical, some have questioned Robertson's health. Although injury is the question on Robertson now, I believe he still has the potential to be a good partner paired next to Thomas. Speculations say the Broncos already have a contract in place

Kuper is also said to be the favorite ahead of Harris for the LT spot. This could be one of two things, Harris isn't coming along very well rehabing his back, or the coaches really like something about Kuper. The signing of Mcree, along with the re-signing of John Lynch might be because the Broncos believe they will be okay at saftey. Either way, the heavy emphasis on key positions this offseason at LB, S, WR, OL, DT, all indicate in my opinion Bowlen and Shanahan are going to select the best available player in this years draft.

Whether it be WR, although unlikely at 12, RB, LT, DT, or anything else for that matter (besides QB, TE, CB). This could just be me, so I'd like to hear what you guys think...

claymore
04-14-2008, 08:10 PM

Screw it........... Worst case it makes Marshall think about what this team means to him, and what he means to us.

TXBRONC
04-14-2008, 08:14 PM
Could be worse... we could be going after Keyshawn Johnson....

I think Parker might battle for return duties with Martinez and Jackson excels in the West Coast offense and could battle it out with Colbert to make the roster.

To tell you the truth I would rather have Keyshawn over Parker.

Nature Boy
04-14-2008, 08:15 PM
To tell you the truth I would rather have Keyshawn over Parker.

Keyshawn? Sure you're not a Cowboys fan? j/k... Parker is 27 and Keyshawn is like 47.

Keyshawn was quited a day or 2 ago saying he's considering coming back and that he's sure Coach Parcells will let him play in Miami.

MOtorboat
04-14-2008, 08:17 PM
Keyshawn? Sure you're not a Cowboys fan? j/k

Doubt it. Keyshawn can catch.

I bet Samie Parker doesn't make opening day roster.

underrated29
04-14-2008, 08:18 PM
c- you are absolutely right.

But i also think that brandon takes more shit then he should. I know on my hockey team (in highschool) i took a ton of shit from people for being crazy and getting into trouble. I never did anything though to jepardize my team. And on the ice i gave it everything i had. I was just young and dumb and full of.....energy!

Brandon is a good guy, he knows his place here, and i believe he wants to be here long term. He has goofed around a couple times and he knows it.

Had to change the diaper.... i am not really sure where i was going with that...........

I need a vacation..... I need to chill and get my mind back, because i have been rambling like and idiot for a while now.........damnit:tsk:

Nature Boy
04-14-2008, 08:20 PM
Doubt it. Keyshawn can catch.

I bet Samie Parker doesn't make opening day roster.

I bet you he does. The Broncos need the depth at wide out.

I'll bet you 5000 freak bucks... no wait...

BOSSHOGG30
04-14-2008, 08:20 PM
I think Parker will surprise some people. I really believe that in order to have a great West Coast offense, you have to have receivers that can make something happen after the catch. Parker may not be the best possession receiver; he won't out jump someone for the ball, or even be a good blocker, but if he can do anything well it is make something happen after he has the football in his hands. The guy is super fast and can cut on a dime. If Denver uses him like I think they will he should be a factor in this offense as well as special teams. He is still young and has some upside as well as the revenge factor. A change in scenery can help sometimes too. This should be a cheap sign and I think it will pay off in the long run.

MOtorboat
04-14-2008, 08:22 PM
I think Parker will surprise some people. I really believe that in order to have a great West Coast offense, you have to have receivers that can make something happen after the catch. Parker may not be the best possession receiver; he won't out jump someone for the ball, or even be a good blocker, but if he can do anything well it is make something happen after he has the football in his hands. The guy is super fast and can cut on a dime. If Denver uses him like I think they will he should be a factor in this offense as well as special teams. He is still young and has some upside as well as the revenge factor. A change in scenery can help sometimes too. This should be a cheap sign and I think it will pay off in the long run.

Got to catch it to do that, don't you...

BOSSHOGG30
04-14-2008, 08:24 PM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/player/samie_parker/

Lightning-quick receiver continues to develop his skills at the pro level … Enters his fourth NFL campaign in 2007 … Moved into the starting lineup a year ago and caught a career-high 41 passes … Provided the Chiefs with a deep threat to open the middle of the field for Kansas City’s talented stable of tight ends … Enters training camp along with Eddie Kennison as the club’s starting wide receiver tandem … Expected to play an even bigger role in the team’s aerial attack in 2007 as he continues to grow in the offensive system … A former three-time All-America selection in track, combines top-notch speed with excellent route-running and pass-catching skills … Utilizes top-end speed to challenge secondaries, racking up 18 catches of 20+ yards in 32 games of action … Is also a willing blocker in the running game … Continues to benefit from the expertise of Hall of Fame wide receiver Charlie Joiner, who coaches the Chiefs receivers … Has played in 32 games (24 starts), catching 86 passes for 1,231 yards (14.3 avg.) with five touchdowns and three carries for seven yards (2.3 avg.) ... Has also started one playoff game.

BOSSHOGG30
04-14-2008, 08:24 PM
College Bio
Saw duty in 50 games (29 starts) during his tenure at Oregon, catching 178 passes for 2,761 yards (15.5 avg.) with 19 TDs … Also rushed five times for 19 yards … Worked with the Ducks track team his first three collegiate seasons … Placed third in the 100-meters at the Pac 10 Championships before winning the event at the NCAA qualifying meet and finishing fifth (10.41) in the 2003 NCAA Championships … Finished fourth in the 60-meters at both the 2002 and 2003 NCAA Indoor Nationals (6.62) ... Started all 13 games at split end as a senior in 2003, leading the team with a career-high 77 receptions for 1,088 yards (14.1 avg.) with seven TDs … Shattered Oregon’s previous single-season record of 67 catches by Bob Newland in ‘70. Only Newland (1,123 in ‘70) gained more yards receiving in a season for the Ducks than Parker … Earned All-Pac 10 honorable mention accolades …Recipient of the Duane J. Cargill Award, given to the team’s impact player, as chosen by the coaching staff … Started all 13 games his junior campaign in 2002 … Earned All-Pac 10 honorable mention honors … Led the team with 49 receptions for 724 yards (14.8 avg.) and eight TDs … Saw duty in 12 games with three starts at split end in 2001 as a sophomore … Finished third on the team with 41 receptions for 748 yards (18.2 avg.) and four TDs … His 18.2 yards-per-catch average ranked third in the Pac 10 Conference … Played in 12 games as a reserve redshirt freshman in 2000, making 11 catches for 201 yards (18.3 avg.) ... Redshirted as a true freshman in ‘99 … Majored in Ethnic Studies at Oregon.

BOSSHOGG30
04-14-2008, 08:25 PM
Played in four games and was inactive for nine contests … Had nine catches for 137 yards (15.2 avg.) with a TD … Was inactive at Denver (9/12), vs. Carolina (9/19) and vs. Houston (9/26) with a left hamstring injury … Saw action in his first NFL game as a reserve WR at Baltimore (10/4) ... Was inactive at Jacksonville (10/17), vs. Atlanta (10/24), vs. Indianapolis (10/31) and at Tampa Bay (11/7) ... Did not play at New Orleans (11/14) ... Was inactive vs. New England (11/22) ... Did not play at San Diego (11/28) and at Oakland (12/5) ... Was inactive at Tennessee (12/13) ... Caught his first three NFL passes for 84 yards and his initial NFL touchdown on a 48-yard pass from QB Trent Green in the third quarter vs. Denver (12/19) ... Recorded three receptions for 35 yards vs. Oakland (12/25) ... Produced three catches for 18 yards at San Diego (1/2/05).

Saw duty in 12 games (nine starts) ... Made 36 catches for 533 yards (14.8 avg.) with three touchdowns … Recorded two receptions for 23 yards vs. the N.Y. Jets (9/11) ... Caught three passes for 86 yards (28.7 avg.), including a career-long 49-yard reception at Oakland (9/18) ... Produced two receptions for 21 yards with a 21-yard TD catch at Denver (9/26) ... Caught two passes for 25 yards before leaving the game in the third quarter with a left knee sprain vs. Washington (10/16) ... Was inactive at Miami (10/21), at San Diego (10/30), vs. Oakland (11/6) and at Buffalo (11/13) with a left knee sprain suffered vs. Washington (10/16) ... Caught two passes for 23 yards with a six-yard TD reception at Houston (11/20) ... Recorded five receptions for 76 yards vs. New England (11/27) ... Caught four passes for 39 yards vs. Denver (12/4) ... Produced five receptions for 79 yards at Dallas (12/11) ... Recorded a career-high six catches for a personal-best 87 yards at the N.Y. Giants (12/17) ... Registered four receptions for 58 yards with a 42-yard TD vs. San Diego (12/24).

Played in 16 games (15 starts) at WR … Had 41 receptions for 561 yards (13.7 avg.) with a TD and three carries for seven yards … Caught two passes for 24 yards (12.0 avg.) vs. Cincinnati (9/10) ... Recorded five catches for 37 yards at Denver (9/17) ... Produced two receptions for nine yards vs. San Francisco (10/1) ... Caught five passes for 37 yards with a 15-yard TD at Arizona (10/8) ... Posted five catches for 72 yards at Pittsburgh (10/15) ... Had a 43-yard reception at St. Louis (11/5) ... Caught one pass for 13 yards and rushed one time for five yards at Miami (11/12) ... Registered three catches for 44 yards vs. Oakland (11/19) ... Produced three receptions for 71 yards and had one carry for no gain vs. Denver (11/23) ... Recorded five catches for 71 yards vs. Baltimore (12/10) ... Caught three passes for 48 yards at Oakland (12/23) ... Registered two receptions for 29 yards vs. Jacksonville (12/31) ... Started in an AFC Wild Card Game at Indianapolis (1/6/07).

Nature Boy
04-14-2008, 08:27 PM
But i also think that brandon takes more shit then he should.

Brandon is a good guy, he knows his place here, and i believe he wants to be here long term. He has goofed around a couple times and he knows it.

There is so much talk of Brandon Marshall and his attitude, personality and antics off the field. None of it will matter if his arm does not recover 100%. I have my fingers crossed that he will not suffer any permanent arm/hand injury. Until then, nothing he's done, said or what anyone said(Cutler) matters.

underrated29
04-14-2008, 08:27 PM
maybe we will end up with two ducks on our roster;)

claymore
04-14-2008, 08:31 PM
Whats your take man? I dont see it as a bad thing. If he is a character guy its par for this seasons motif.

BOSSHOGG30
04-14-2008, 08:31 PM
Denver needs speed and Parker is a speed guy with big-play ability.

MOtorboat
04-14-2008, 08:34 PM
Denver needs speed and Parker is a speed guy with big-play ability.

Yeah, he's really showed that in his career. :rolleyes:

BOSSHOGG30
04-14-2008, 08:36 PM
Just think about it....

I think most Chiefs fans have a slight hatred for Samie, and this will just add fuel to the fire. Not only do they get to boo him because many KC fans will say he sucked in Kansas City, but they will get upset when they find out they were just using him wrong over the past few seasons. He will do good in Denver and KC fans will really hate him!

I love the AFC West rivalry!

claymore
04-14-2008, 08:37 PM
Yeah, he's really showed that in his career. :rolleyes:Just cause its your Birthday doesnt mean you can question Boss. :D

Nature Boy
Speed and quickness nullifies size and strength. Just ask Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne. Not saying Parker is anywhere close to Wayne and Harrison but he won't make a bad 3rd-4th Receiver on the roster. Parker can even return punts if needed. The Broncos need depth at wide out, especially with Brandon and his mangled up arm.

BOSSHOGG30

He did MB... 18 catches of 20+ yards in 32 games of action that isn't too bad and many of those games he wasn't a starter.

claymore
04-14-2008, 08:38 PM
Just think about it....

I think most Chiefs fans have a slight hatred for Samie, and this will just add fuel to the fire. Not only do they get to boo him because many KC fans will say he sucked in Kansas City, but they will get upset when they find out they were just using him wrong over the past few seasons. He will do good in Denver and KC fans will really hate him!

So he is the Red Eddie Kennison??

MOtorboat
04-14-2008, 08:39 PM
7 touchdowns in four years tells you all you need to know.

Nature Boy
04-14-2008, 08:40 PM
Just think about it....

Wow, I think you just talked about Eddie Kennison but in reverse. Hahaha. It'd be cool if it worked out that way.

Nature Boy
04-14-2008, 08:41 PM

I'm gonna hold you up to the 5000 Freak Bucks. :lol:

MOtorboat
04-14-2008, 08:43 PM
I'm gonna hold you up to the 5000 Freak Bucks. :lol:

I bet he scores a touchdown next year....A touchdown. If he makes the team.

BOSSHOGG30
04-14-2008, 08:45 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=122067

Listen to Chief fans.....

also...

Parker runs a 4.3 forty for all you forty fans.

http://media.www.dailyemerald.com/media/storage/paper859/news/2004/03/12/Sports/Eleven.Ducks.Showcase.Nfl.Readiness-1983736.shtml

Nature Boy
04-14-2008, 08:46 PM
I bet he scores a touchdown next year....A touchdown. If he makes the team.

No, the bet is that he'll make the team as you said, you "bet" Parker wont make the team.

MOtorboat
04-14-2008, 08:46 PM

also...

Parker ran a 4.37 at his combine for all you forty fans.

:rofl:

Because Chiefs fans are reliable...

Nature Boy
04-14-2008, 08:49 PM
Is MissouriBronc always the pessimist? or is he that freakin smart? He must run a 900 psychic hot line?

BOSSHOGG30
04-14-2008, 08:49 PM
Article on Parker:

Samie Parker 6’0 190 ****

Samie Parker is a speedster with dominating potential. His speed is absurd, and I would almost bet that he has as much speed as anyone else in the NFL. He is not a very consistent wide receiver, nor has he been a great receiver yet. I still expect him to become a good NFL wide out, where he is not being matched up on opposing team’s #1 or #2 cornerback. He would fit perfectly into the slot wide receiver role if that is what we are looking for in a WR in free agency next season. Samie Parker is going to be marked down as a “project” free agent, but he is a very dangerous project, that has earned himself 4 stars with his ability to stretch a defense with his blazing speed.

MOtorboat
04-14-2008, 08:50 PM
Article on Parker:

Samie Parker 6’0 190 ****

Samie Parker is a speedster with dominating potential. His speed is absurd, and I would almost bet that he has as much speed as anyone else in the NFL. He is not a very consistent wide receiver, nor has he been a great receiver yet. I still expect him to become a good NFL wide out, where he is not being matched up on opposing team’s #1 or #2 cornerback. He would fit perfectly into the slot wide receiver role if that is what we are looking for in a WR in free agency next season. Samie Parker is going to be marked down as a “project” free agent, but he is a very dangerous project, that has earned himself 4 stars with his ability to stretch a defense with his blazing speed.

Not sure where that report came from, he's struggled against No. 2, No. 3 and No. 4 coverage options his entire career.

BOSSHOGG30
04-14-2008, 08:51 PM
7 touchdowns in four years tells you all you need to know.

The same as Colbert in an run first offense, Larry Johnson, with horrible QB play.

Nature Boy
04-14-2008, 08:52 PM
Sammie Parker can't be any worst than Glenn Martinez. And we went to Martinez a lot early last season.

BOSSHOGG30
04-14-2008, 08:53 PM
Mo, you are acting like the Broncos made a bad signing here. It isn't like they are asking him to be #1, #2, or even #3........ He is a young receiver, with super speed, and he still has some upside. For this time of the year this is a good cheap signing.

MOtorboat
04-14-2008, 08:54 PM
Mo, you are acting like the Broncos made a bad signing here. It isn't like they are asking him to be #1, #2, or even #3........ He is a young receiver, with super speed, and he still has some upside. For this time of the year this is a good cheap signing.

OK.

Hobe
04-14-2008, 08:55 PM
Parker is camp fodder. Someone for the defense to sharpen their teeth on. If he couldn't supplant Quiterson for number on WR, I just can't think positive thoughts about him.

BOSSHOGG30
04-14-2008, 08:56 PM
OK.

Please list the receivers in order of how you would keep them if you were a GM.

Parker, Samie
McDaniel, Marquay
Colbert, Keary
Jacobs, Taylor
Hamilton, Derrick
Russell, Clifford
Shepherd, Edell
Stokley, Brandon
Marshall, Brandon
Martinez, Glenn

BOSSHOGG30
04-14-2008, 08:57 PM
I think we might have to have an avatar bet....

I for one think he will have no problem making this squad.

MOtorboat
04-14-2008, 09:00 PM
I think we might have to have an avatar bet....

I for one think he will have no problem making this squad.

We'll see after the draft. If he does make it, it's because the rest of our receivers seriously suck.

Nature Boy
04-14-2008, 09:04 PM
We'll see after the draft. If he does make it, it's because the rest of our receivers seriously suck.

That is the whole point. The Broncos need depth at that position.

nevcraw
04-14-2008, 09:36 PM
Parker, Samie 3.
McDaniel, Marquay 6.
Colbert, Keary 4. b.
Jacobs, Taylor 7-11
Hamilton, Derrick 7-10
Russell, Clifford 7-10
Shepherd, Edell 7-10
Stokley, Brandon 2.
Marshall, Brandon 1.
Martinez, Glenn 4. a.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-14-2008, 09:40 PM
The list makes me wanna vomit.

Marshall, Darrell Jackson, Stokley, Colbert and Parker would make me feel a LOT better than:

Marshall, Stokley, Colbert, Martinez and ???

What is the report on Parker's return capabilities.

TXBRONC
04-14-2008, 09:43 PM

Parker might not even make the team.

BOSSHOGG30
04-14-2008, 09:49 PM

Marshall, Darrell Jackson, Stokley, Colbert and Parker would make me feel a LOT better than:

He is one of the fastest SOB's in the NFL, open a lane and watch him fly.

TXBRONC
04-14-2008, 09:57 PM
He is one of the fastest SOB's in the NFL, open a lane and watch him fly.

Boss I don't think that means much, he hasn't been very productive in his four years in the League.

DallasChief
04-14-2008, 10:00 PM
Samie is fast. Yet somehow he seldom gets open. When he does, he doesn't hold on to the ball.

All the speed in the world doesn't matter if you can't catch the ball.

It's not a terrible signing for the Broncos because there are no expectations. Or at least there shouldn't be.

BOSSHOGG30
04-14-2008, 10:01 PM
Boss I don't think that means much, he hasn't been very productive in his four years in the League.

You are asking a guy to put up numbers on a very poor team that is a run first team... doesn't everyone remember all the carries Larry Johnson had over the past 4 seasons? Also, look at the QB situation.....

Compare his numbers to Colbert and you will see there isn't much difference and the numbers actually favor Parker.

Parker is a play maker with great speed...something Denver needs badly.

Stokely, Marshall, Colbert, and Martinez aren't exactly blazers and you can throw Jackson in that mix too if we sign him.

We need a speedster.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-14-2008, 10:11 PM
I am at least intigued by his speed as far as special teams are concerned. But the scheme will need to improve as well in order for anyone to be successful returning kicks.

TXBRONC
04-14-2008, 10:12 PM
You are asking a guy to put up numbers on a very poor team that is a run first team... doesn't everyone remember all the carries Larry Johnson had over the past 4 seasons? Also, look at the QB situation.....

Compare his numbers to Colbert and you will see there isn't much difference and the numbers actually favor Parker.

Stokely, Marshall, Colbert, and Martinez aren't exactly blazers and you can throw Jackson in that mix too if we sign him.

We need a speedster.

Trent Green was the starting quarterback through most of his first four years and was solid until he got hurt. Run first or not I don't think he made very much of the opportunities that were given to him. I'll be happy to be proven wrong but honestly I have more confidence in Colbert than I do Parker.

As far his speed is concerned it is of no use if teams know he's no real threat to catch passes. Lelie could stretch the field and he was a threat to make the catch on a deep pass.

BOSSHOGG30
04-14-2008, 10:23 PM
Trent Green was the starting quarterback through most of his first four years and was solid until he got hurt. Run first or not I don't think he made very much of the opportunities that were given to him. I'll be happy to be proven wrong but honestly I have more confidence in Colbert than I do Parker.

As far his speed is concerned it is of no use if teams know he's no real threat to catch passes. Lelie could stretch the field and he was a threat to make the catch on a deep pass.

Trent Green is 37 years old. Parker has played 4 seasons with the Chiefs.

2004 and 2005 were the only good years that Green had in KC while Parker was a member of the team. 2004 was Parkers rookie season in which he only played in 4 games and 2004 he only played in 12 games. KC hasn't really given him a shot yet. I think he is one of the fall guys for their problems on offense the past two seasons.

Parker signed a one-year, $645,000 contract. The deal included a $40,000 signing bonus. This is nothing. I think this is a good signing for the Broncos.

Nature Boy
04-14-2008, 10:28 PM

Parker used to return kicks for SD and I'm sure he did some for KC. I think he is much better than Glenn Martinez as a WR and a punt returner.

MOtorboat
04-14-2008, 10:30 PM
Parker used to return kicks for SD and I'm sure he did some for KC. I think he is much better than Glenn Martinez as a WR and a punt returner.

Parker never played for SD, but nice try. He's also has never done it for KC.

BOSSHOGG30
04-14-2008, 10:31 PM

I think you are thinking of Eric Parker from San Diego.

TXBRONC
04-14-2008, 10:32 PM
Trent Green is 37 years old. Parker has played 4 seasons with the Chiefs.

2004 and 2005 were the only good years that Green had in KC while Parker was a member of the team. 2004 was Parkers rookie season in which he only played in 4 games and 2004 he only played in 12 games. KC hasn't really given him a shot yet. I think he is one of the fall guys for their problems on offense the past two seasons.

Parker signed a one-year, $645,000 contract. The deal included a $40,000 signing bonus. This is nothing. I think this is a good signing for the Broncos.

Denver must not be convinced that he can even make the team with that kind of contract. Another thing I would keep in mind is at this point he's only competing for the 4th or 5th receiver slot. So even if he makes the team he more than likely be inactive a lot of games maybe even most of the season.

We've signed him and I wont root against him but I still have doubts about what he will bring to the table if he even makes the team.

Nature Boy
04-14-2008, 10:39 PM
Parker never played for SD, but nice try. He's also has never done it for KC.

I think you are thinking of Eric Parker from San Diego.

I was thinking about Eric Parker. Thought Eric Parker went to KC a few years ago. I was thinking about the wrong guy the whole time. Both players have had average at best careers and average skills and about equivalent in caliber as WRs. Eric Parker being the better however.

Either way, bring him in, bring both of them in if we can. The team needs depth and competition never hurts.

BOSSHOGG30
04-14-2008, 10:42 PM
Denver must not be convinced that he can even make the team with that kind of contract. Another thing I would keep in mind is at this point he's only competing for the 4th or 5th receiver slot. So even if he makes the team he more than likely be inactive a lot of games maybe even most of the season.

We've signed him and I wont root against him but I still have doubts about what he will bring to the table if he even makes the team.

You always have room for a speedster... I'm sure he will battle for punt return duties and he will play some slot as well as run a reverse or two. I've seen him play many games... he does drop passes but then he also has games where he catches just about everything thrown to him. He is just inconsistant. Thing is that when he actually has the ball in his hands, he is very dangerous, and there is always room for a player like that.... see Hester, guy drops passes, fumbles all the time, but Chicago keeps sticking him in there because speed + agility + blocking = TOUCHDOWN!

TXBRONC
04-14-2008, 11:07 PM
You always have room for a speedster... I'm sure he will battle for punt return duties and he will play some slot as well as run a reverse or two. I've seen him play many games... he does drop passes but then he also has games where he catches just about everything thrown to him. He is just inconsistant. Thing is that when he actually has the ball in his hands, he is very dangerous, and there is always room for a player like that.... see Hester, guy drops passes, fumbles all the time, but Chicago keeps sticking him in there because speed + agility + blocking = TOUCHDOWN!

Boss defenses aren't usually scared of inconsistent receiver regardless of how fast they are. If I were defensive coordinator I wouldn't be losing sleep over him.

Hester has been a defensive back most of career and just now being moved to wide receiver. Also Parker hasn't shown anything as punt or kickoff returner that I'm aware of.

At any rate he is on the Broncos. That being said, he has one year contract and is only competing for 4th or 5th slot as wide receiver, there is a very good chance he wont even make the team. Even if he does make the team as 4th or 5th receiver he will be inactive for a good portion of the season unless he can win a job on Special teams as returner.

lex
04-15-2008, 01:33 AM

The threat Parker poses might be worth more than his production in that his speed makes the defense defend the whole field. Like I said before, it can help prevent defenders from crowding the box and/or jumping Marshall's routes...because they know if they dont account for him Cutler has the arm to hit him deep.

Not only that but he's not even making a mill per year from what I saw. Theres almost no risk with this. If he sucks, he's easy to cut. But if he doesnt, he could help immensely for the reasons that have been mentioned. Colbert makes over 3 mil per year. In terms of value, its going to be extremely tough for Colbert to deliver proportionally in relation to makes to have the same value as Parker.

WARHORSE
04-15-2008, 02:13 AM
When Ashley Lelie gets cut from the 9ers, guess where hes gonna have a job waitin for 'im?

Das righ.............right here.

lol.................

DenBronx
04-15-2008, 02:35 AM
When Ashley Lelie gets cut from the 9ers, guess where hes gonna have a job waitin for 'im?

lol.................

i just vomited...

Superchop 7
04-15-2008, 05:42 AM
If they took the best player available, it would be Cromartie.

TXBRONC
04-15-2008, 07:21 AM
The threat Parker poses might be worth more than his production in that his speed makes the defense defend the whole field. Like I said before, it can help prevent defenders from crowding the box and/or jumping Marshall's routes...because they know if they dont account for him Cutler has the arm to hit him deep.

Not only that but he's not even making a mill per year from what I saw. Theres almost no risk with this. If he sucks, he's easy to cut. But if he doesnt, he could help immensely for the reasons that have been mentioned. Colbert makes over 3 mil per year. In terms of value, its going to be extremely tough for Colbert to deliver proportionally in relation to makes to have the same value as Parker.

As I said I don't think he's much of threat because to inconsistent in catching the ball.

Mike
04-15-2008, 08:48 AM

We need a speedster.

Isn't Denver a run first team too? :confused:

Bleh signing...if the Chiefs (woefully inadequate at WR for years) let a guy go then he must be a keeper, right? :tsk:

Playmaker? :lol: :rolleyes:

BOSSHOGG30
04-15-2008, 09:04 AM
Isn't Denver a run first team too? :confused:

Bleh signing...if the Chiefs (woefully inadequate at WR for years) let a guy go then he must be a keeper, right? :tsk:

Playmaker? :lol: :rolleyes:

Samie Parker is, I wanted Denver to draft this kid and now we have him. I think Denver will use him different and some of you doubters will see how talented he really is. Good value signing by Denver, especially if you compare him to Colbert.

Keary Colbert Signed a three-year, $7.2 million contract
55 games, 109 receptions, 1424 yards, 7 TD's

Samie Parker Signed a one-year, $645,000 contract
47 games, 110 receptions, 1529 yards, 7 TD's

claymore
04-15-2008, 09:11 AM
Samie Parker is, I wanted Denver to draft this kid and now we have him. I think Denver will use him different and some of you doubters will see how talented he really is. Good value signing by Denver, especially if you compare him to Colbert.

Ive got hopes for both Colbert and Parker. Parker has the edge if he wants to get paid next year, and thumb his nose at the qeefs.

BOSSHOGG30
04-15-2008, 09:33 AM
"Those in the know" tell ESPN's Bill Williamson that Denver's recent run on free agent receivers has little to do with Brandon Marshall's arm injury.

The Broncos are reportedly confident that Marshall will make a full recovery and be ready by the preseason. The addition of Samie Parker and expected signing of Darrell Jackson are believed to be depth-related moves.
Source: Hashmarks Blog

Mike
04-15-2008, 09:37 AM

People said the same thing about Bly last year...and the Browncos before him.

Like I said, if the Chiefs didn't retain the guy then that tells you something about him.

Drill-N-Fill
04-15-2008, 09:51 AM
People said the same thing about Bly last year...and the Browncos before him.

Like I said, if the Chiefs didn't retain the guy then that tells you something about him.

Why do people insist Bly had a terrible year last year? Our D-line is a laughing stock. Give a CB 3-4 seconds to throw instead of 5-8 and you will see the difference. I distinctly remember couple of times last year when we needed the ball back to make a come back and Bly got it back to us...yes, the combeback never happend, but thats besides the point.

I personally like the Parker signing. He will stretch the field, and atleast take a saftey back with him, leaving Scheffler to abuse a LB for 20 yards. If anything he could contribute to special teams. How long has it been since we had a threat?

lex
04-15-2008, 10:48 AM
As I said I don't think he's much of threat because to inconsistent in catching the ball.

He most certainly could even if he is inconsistent at catching the ball. Defensive coordinators typically dont like to have a WR 20 yards past their last defender wide open. Parker may drop it sometimes but the other team has no idea when he will drop the pass and they most certainly will want to account for him. And in doing so, it should open things up for others underneath.

r8rh8r
04-15-2008, 11:08 AM
All this criticism of the Parker deal is kind of silly. He signed a minimum deal and his cap number is a whopping $40,000 (yes thats "40" not "400") if we cut him. Basically Denver paid $40k to get a look at the kid in training camp. What gives with the Shana-hate? It's not like we locked him up to a big contract long term.

turftoad
04-15-2008, 11:09 AM
"Those in the know" tell ESPN's Bill Williamson that Denver's recent run on free agent receivers has little to do with Brandon Marshall's arm injury.

The Broncos are reportedly confident that Marshall will make a full recovery and be ready by the preseason. The addition of Samie Parker and expected signing of Darrell Jackson are believed to be depth-related moves.
Source: Hashmarks Blog

Good............. I find it hard to get to excited about Colbert, Parker or Jackson.
Pretty weak if you ask me. I don't think any of those guys is going to have defenses shaking in thier boots.

BOSSHOGG30
04-15-2008, 11:10 AM
He most certainly could even if he is inconsistent at catching the ball. Defensive coordinators typically dont like to have a WR 20 yards past their last defender wide open. Parker may drop it sometimes but the other team has no idea when he will drop the pass and they most certainly will want to account for him. And in doing so, it should open things up for others underneath.

Especially with Cutler's Arm.... Green and Haurd aren't exactly in the same league.

turftoad
04-15-2008, 11:11 AM
All this criticism of the Parker deal is kind of silly. He signed a minimum deal and his cap number is a whopping $40,000 (yes thats "40" not "400") if we cut him. Basically Denver paid $40k to get a look at the kid in training camp. What gives with the Shana-hate? It's not like we locked him up to a big contract long term.

I don't criticize this the signing of Parker.

What I do criticize is the Broncos weak attempt to find a good #2.

r8rh8r
04-15-2008, 11:13 AM
Especially with Cutler's Arm.... Green and Haurd aren't exactly in the same league.

Green is one of the best deep-ball passers to play in the league in the last 10 years. Huard is piss poor.

r8rh8r
04-15-2008, 11:14 AM

How is it a weak attempt? What free agent wide receiver did they miss out on this year? The draft is still 2 weeks out bud! Just because Parker got a 1-yr league minimum deal doesn't mean he'll be on our roster this August. All this means is that he'll have a shot to make the team in training camp.

BOSSHOGG30
04-15-2008, 11:14 AM

I don't think Parker is battling for #2... he is battling just to make the roster as a #4 or 5. If the Broncos sign Jackson, then they might be looking for someone to battle Colbert for #2.

MOtorboat
04-15-2008, 11:15 AM
How is it a weak attempt? What free agent wide receiver did they miss out on this year? The draft is still 2 weeks out bud! Just because Parker got a 1-yr league minimum deal doesn't mean he'll be on our roster this August. All this means is that he'll have a shot to make the team in training camp.

Well, they did miss on Bryant Johnson, but his price was a little high...

But I will judge it after the draft.

I don't like the Parker signing much, but I guess it is the minimum. I think he's a bum. :D

BOSSHOGG30
04-15-2008, 11:20 AM
Parker at least represents a legit deep threat who can compete for the 3rd/4th WR & return jobs. He is an instant upgrade over Glenn Martinez.

yardog
04-15-2008, 11:24 AM
Parker at least represents a legit deep threat who can compete for the 3rd/4th WR & return jobs. He is an instant upgrade over Glenn Martinez.

Boos why all the hate for GM? He's a small town boy just giving it he's all.

BOSSHOGG30
04-15-2008, 11:27 AM
Boos why all the hate for GM? He's a small town boy just giving it he's all.

This isn't college or high school football we need talent and more speed.

lex
04-15-2008, 11:33 AM
Guys, HE IS PLAYING FOR VIRTUALLY NOTHING. THERE IS MINIMAL RISK AND HUGE UPSIDE RELATIVE TO WHAT WE ARE PAYING HIM.

r8rh8r
04-15-2008, 11:45 AM

I don't like the Parker signing much, but I guess it is the minimum. I think he's a bum. :D

Its only the minimum if we don't cut him. If we cut him, its $40,000.

MOtorboat
04-15-2008, 11:47 AM
Guys, HE IS PLAYING FOR VIRTUALLY NOTHING. THERE IS MINIMAL RISK AND HUGE UPSIDE RELATIVE TO WHAT WE ARE PAYING HIM.

Still a bum. :coffee:

Just saying. :coffee:

ChampWJ
04-15-2008, 11:50 AM
This isn't college or high school football we need talent and more speed.

I thought Martinez was supposed to run a quick 40. I thought that was the one main quality of his. I might be wrong though, someone else support or deny this claim. :confused:

Requiem / The Dagda
04-15-2008, 01:19 PM
Sammie Parker is going to be at best a #4 or #5 option on this team. No harm no foul.

Nature Boy
04-15-2008, 06:15 PM

lol.................

I wouldn't be surprised. Al though Lelie can only run the up route, he'll always keep the opposing defense at bay with their safety playing deep.

I'm sure Coach Shanahan will have a spot for him; coach always likes a deep threat. He was Plummer's only deep threat when he was here. Don't be surprised to see Ashley in town again if he's willing to play for cheap as I don't think any other team is willing to pay much for his services.

shank
04-15-2008, 06:35 PM

the only indication of anything i can find on the interweb is that he got 1 year, 2 million from the 9ers... not high priced.

BOSSHOGG30
04-15-2008, 07:01 PM
Take a quick look at the depth chart, it shows we have Brandon Marshall on one side and Brandon Stokley on the other. A big play guy and a posession guy. And behind them, not a lot of proven anything. Stokley's ten years into his career and a solid receiver, but he's not going to scare anyone deep. With Jay Cutler's arm you know the Broncos are itching to make sure the running game has gaps by sending more than one speedster on a fly pattern. Parker looks like he might wind up being one of those receivers for them.

JMO

Lonestar
04-15-2008, 07:24 PM

lol.................

Where is that NEG button again??..

If you think I do not like mikey wait till that clown shows up..

r8rh8r
04-15-2008, 07:30 PM
You must have forgot that Lelie proclaimed he "refused to ever wear a Broncos uniform again." Later we sued him for his signing bonus (and won).

It will be a cold day in hell when that guy adorns a Broncos uniform.

Broncogator
04-15-2008, 08:02 PM

lol.................

War, stop being a Hawaiian homer.....you're better than that :tsk:

Nature Boy
04-15-2008, 08:02 PM
What is the latest on Darrell Jackson? Signed yet? I wonder how much? Hopefully he's good for at least 40-50 catches.

omac
04-15-2008, 10:46 PM

also...

Parker runs a 4.3 forty for all you forty fans.

http://media.www.dailyemerald.com/media/storage/paper859/news/2004/03/12/Sports/Eleven.Ducks.Showcase.Nfl.Readiness-1983736.shtml

That thread was from 2005. :eek:

Then again, that's the last season that KC was a great passing team, ranking 6th in the NFL with Trent Green at the helm with another 4000 yard season. Parker was starting to show his potential, then Herm decides to go in a different route and proceeds to destroy any semblance of competence in their passing game to make KC a "Bears-like" team. :D The KC passing offense just hasn't been any good for a while.

Worst case, Parker is probably good for at least 500 yards and will force the defense to at least respect the deep threat. At best, he was used in an inept passing offense at KC (like someone here posted, but I can't find the post), and he'll shine in Denver.

TXBRONC
04-15-2008, 10:54 PM

Boss the stats inconsequential. The contracts tell the story. Colbert gets 3 year contract and Parker got a one year deal. Apparently Denver isn't convinced he'll even make the team.

Nature Boy
04-16-2008, 05:11 PM
Jackson signed (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_8947201)
It's official: Broncos sign WR Jackson
By Mike Klis
The Denver Post
Article Last Updated: 04/16/2008 02:42:28 PM MDT

The Wednesday afternoon snow in Denver didn't scare off Darrell Jackson.

One of the most productive NFL receivers of the past nine seasons, Jackson and the Broncos reached an agreement on a one-year deal Wednesday following a meeting with team officials at Dove Valley.

"There were three or four other teams interested in Darrell, but everything aligned perfectly for us with Denver," said Brian Mooney, Jackson's agent. "The Broncos gave us the best fit from the offense they run, the coaching staff they have and the opportunity he has both short-term and long-term. Darrell is planning on playing for a while."

With 487 career receptions and 50 touchdowns in eight NFL seasons, Jackson, 29, will compete with Keary Colbert for the No. 2 receiver spot. Other Broncos' receivers are Brandon Marshall, Brandon Stokley and Samie Parker.

Jackson's best years were with the Seattle Seahawks. He had 87 catches for 1,199 yards in 2004 and 63 catches with 10 touchdowns in 2006.

Traded to San Francisco last year, Jackson's production slipped to 46 receptions 497 yards as the 49ers encountered problems with a new offensive coordinator and injuries to quarterback Alex Smith.

"Just as the stars didn't align last year with all the injuries, it's just the opposite with Denver," Mooney said. "With Jay Cutler as the quarterback, I think the Broncos are going to be a fun team to watch.

Don't know if everyone's seen the breaking news on Darrell Jackson but I'll post it on it's thread. It's news worthy but I don't wanna start a new thread.

Timmy!
04-16-2008, 05:19 PM
Friggin sweet. Jackson is a legit #2. If Marshall is back at 100%, we should be set at WR.

Marshall
Jackson
Stokley
Colbert
Parker
Martinez

It's not outstanding, but it's solid. Throw in Sheff as a middle threat and Jay has plenty weapons.

BOSSHOGG30
04-16-2008, 05:29 PM
Boss the stats inconsequential. The contracts tell the story. Colbert gets 3 year contract and Parker got a one year deal. Apparently Denver isn't convinced he'll even make the team.

So I'm guessing because Jackson signed a one year deal that means the Broncos aren't convinced he'll make the team either? Parker is are only speed threat right now... I don't think it would be a good idea to not have at least one speed threat on the roster.

DenBronx
04-16-2008, 05:59 PM
i like the signing of jackson. jackson reminds me of rod smith because he's never in trouble, runs some crisp routes and produces. im now at ease about the whole wr thing. jackson is a very solid #2 and only 2 years off of a 1000+ yards and 10 touchdown season. this was a smart yet cheap option and now these guys can battle in camp. parker at least gives us a deep threat as a #4. with 4 wrs cutler has so many options.

DenBronx
04-16-2008, 06:01 PM
So I'm guessing because Jackson signed a one year deal that means the Broncos aren't convinced he'll make the team either? Parker is are only speed threat right now... I don't think it would be a good idea to not have at least one speed threat on the roster.

im pretty sure jackson will make the team. if parker doesnt win the punt return job then he might be the odd man out. colbert at least is more of a pure wr and parker is a gimmic guy.

BOSSHOGG30
04-16-2008, 07:23 PM
Here is an update on the Jackson signing....

Broncos signed WR Darrell Jackson to a one-year, $1.5 million contract, according to NFL Network's Adam Schefter.

Jackson, 29, adds competition to a group that also includes Brandon Marshall, Brandon Stokley, Keary Colbert, and Samie Parker. Most likely, Jackson and Colbert will compete to start, although the terms of this deal indicate Jackson isn't a heavy favorite. Jackson struggled badly (10.8 YPC) with the 49ers, but the Broncos are a best-case scenario for him because of their West Coast offense. He's someone to monitor closely this summer because he could rebuild his fantasy value. Apr. 16 - 4:30 pm et

SmilinAssasSin27
04-16-2008, 07:26 PM
I like it.

BOSSHOGG30
04-16-2008, 07:28 PM
I like it.

1.5 millon isn't bad for a veteran of his caliber... hopefully he can stay healthy.

nevcraw
04-16-2008, 07:32 PM
1.5 millon isn't bad for a veteran of his caliber... hopefully he can stay healthy.

In the past when we signed WR's with his pedigree they were 35 and one foot in the retirement home. This was a great cheap signing.. Way to go Shanoodman!!

TXBRONC
04-16-2008, 07:36 PM

It depends on how much they are going to pay him if it's similiar to that of Parker then I would say they are not convinced he'll make the team.

Also as I said Parker speed means nothing if he can't be a consistent pass catcher. Opposing defenses wont be intimidated because they will know he's not much of a threat to actually catch a pass. You know I don't recall Parker ever burning us for big pass plays that impacted the outcome of games with the Chiefs.

Lonestar
04-16-2008, 07:43 PM
well so far I like what mikey has done..Lets just hope he does not do something stupid like taking a WR on day one, to develop for four years..

Let someone else be a training ground for WR.

With the exception of Marshall effectively NONE of them have panned out.. And frankly Marshall could be a an issue also with the harm and HEAD issue..

There is one exception to my Never draft a WR comment and that is Jordy on day 2..

BOSSHOGG30
04-16-2008, 07:43 PM
It depends on how much they are going to pay him if it's similiar to that of Parker then I would say they are not convinced he'll make the team.

Also as I said Parker speed means nothing if he can't be a consistent pass catcher. Opposing defenses wont be intimidated because they will know he's not much of a threat to actually catch a pass. You know I don't recall Parker ever burning us for big pass plays that impacted the outcome of games with the Chiefs.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa252/numba2393/NFL/04.jpg

Parker had some of his better games against us.

TXBRONC
04-16-2008, 07:48 PM
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa252/numba2393/NFL/04.jpg

Parker had some of his better games against us.

This one picture doesn't convince me Boss. He never had a game where he lit us up for big yards or multiple tds.

MOtorboat
04-16-2008, 07:50 PM
You're kidding...Parker is faster than Lynch? Who woulda thought.

TXBRONC
04-16-2008, 08:09 PM

Come on MB be nice. :D

BOSSHOGG30
04-16-2008, 08:11 PM

barely, give Lynch credit for trying though. :D

MOtorboat
04-16-2008, 08:14 PM
Come on MB be nice. :D

I am. :cool:

BroncoWave
04-16-2008, 09:19 PM
I LOVE the signing of Darrell Jackson. I always liked watching him play in Seattle. If he stays healthy, I think he can be a pretty productive #2 WR. Definitely the best WR of the lot we have signed this offseason. This gives us a solid top 3 of Marshall/Jackson/Stokley with Parker, Colbert, and Martinez fighting for the scraps. I think this makes us not have to take a WR in the draft this year.

BOSSHOGG30
04-16-2008, 09:21 PM
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa109/sickpicsnfl/GYI0000545403072923_1024x768.jpg

TXBRONC
04-16-2008, 09:32 PM
In my opinion of the three wide receivers we have signed this off season the Darrell Jackson's signing could potentially be the best of the three, if he can stay healthy.

Nature Boy
04-16-2008, 09:34 PM
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa109/sickpicsnfl/GYI0000545403072923_1024x768.jpg

Jerry Rice? Looks like him.

Darrell Jackson although old is not nearly as old as Rice when he came to Denver.

NavinJohnson
04-17-2008, 07:14 PM
Darrel Jackson was let go by a team with one of the worst offenses last season, so forgive me if I don't hold up a sign at the airport welcoming him to Colorado.

TXBRONC
04-17-2008, 07:29 PM
Darrel Jackson was let go by a team with one of the worst offenses last season, so forgive me if I don't hold up a sign at the airport welcoming him to Colorado.

I think he could end up being the most solid signing of the three that have been made so far.

BOSSHOGG30
04-17-2008, 07:47 PM
I think he could end up being the most solid signing of the three that have been made so far.

I would have to say that Niko Koutouvides is the front runner for that right now along with Boss Bailey.

NavinJohnson
04-17-2008, 07:47 PM

Is this a quote from last year...

in a 49ers forum?:laugh:

I do hope you're right, but he's been more of a source of frustration for the last two teams he suited up for. Why else do you think this "star" WR was traded within a division (last offseason)?

TXBRONC
04-17-2008, 07:53 PM
I would have to say that Niko Koutouvides is the front runner for that right now along with Boss Bailey.

I was meaning of the three receivers we have signed.

DenBronx
04-17-2008, 10:30 PM

did you fail to see his stats the year prior? did you compare them with rods smiths???

ok then....

TXBRONC
04-17-2008, 10:35 PM
did you fail to see his stats the year prior? did you compare them with rods smiths???

ok then....

The 49ers went through four quarterbacks last year and not one of them played well.

DenBronx
04-17-2008, 11:04 PM
The 49ers went through four quarterbacks last year and not one of them played well.

good point and thats never good if your a wr. im sure jackson was frustrated.

underrated29
04-18-2008, 08:49 AM
same with vernon davis, even if he had a hard time remembering the offense.