PDA

View Full Version : Green on McD

rationalfan
03-30-2010, 04:55 PM
Some interesting quotes from Jarvis Green in the Denver Post regarding McD:

"My rookie year at New England, he was my first coach. He was a guy I met with every day for 30-45 minutes, and we did that for the entire season," Green said. "We had a great relationship, and that was something that was always sound.

Hmmm. Seems to refute the belief McD doesn't know how to communicate. Perhaps some players/ex-players/fans confuse "communication" with "coddling."

"The last thing I remember was him giving the fist pumps after the game, and I saw that and saw the energy and saw the players playing for him. Everyone wants to play for a coach like that," Green said. "For me, I was in New England for all that time, and I was ready to move on, period. Just watching Josh on the sideline, I was like, I want to feel that too."

Hmmm. Seems to refute the idea that McD acts like a childish, immature coach who's going to keep veterans from signing with Denver.

Entire story here:
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_14786368

Northman
03-30-2010, 04:58 PM
Ive never had a problem with Josh getting excited about a win and i dont care that he had issues with Brady. Those kinds of things happen but at the end of the day the HC is the boss and it wasnt like Brady had the kind of baggage as some of our Denver players anyway.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-30-2010, 04:58 PM
Thanks for posting. I value players' opinions much more than fans' opinions in regards to Coach McD

underrated29
03-30-2010, 05:04 PM
Rookies make mistakes, they act young, immature, etc. Its all a learning exp.

People who hate a bunch or those who seem to think people cant succeed because they are young, dont have the exp, etc..... I know. I get it EVERY single day at my job. It is infact why I use a psuedo name and dress down at my job, because if people come in and ask for me, the real me, they think they have the wrong guy, or place......he made his mistakes, the rest is uphill from here- in regards to getting to the top.

Change, youth, energy, different ideas and ways of doing things, out with the old in with the new...Thats what he is, and that is why i respect him.

broncobryce
03-30-2010, 07:18 PM
This is a lie, Green got more of a bonus for saying that. No way. It's a lie. Everyone knows McD is a big MEANIE!

atwater27
03-30-2010, 07:25 PM
Good Lord.

nevcraw
03-30-2010, 07:51 PM
Some interesting quotes from Jarvis Green in the Denver Post regarding McD:

"My rookie year at New England, he was my first coach. He was a guy I met with every day for 30-45 minutes, and we did that for the entire season," Green said. "We had a great relationship, and that was something that was always sound.

Hmmm. Seems to refute the belief McD doesn't know how to communicate. Perhaps some players/ex-players/fans confuse "communication" with "coddling."

"The last thing I remember was him giving the fist pumps after the game, and I saw that and saw the energy and saw the players playing for him. Everyone wants to play for a coach like that," Green said. "For me, I was in New England for all that time, and I was ready to move on, period. Just watching Josh on the sideline, I was like, I want to feel that too."

Hmmm. Seems to refute the idea that McD acts like a childish, immature coach who's going to keep veterans from signing with Denver.

Entire story here:
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_14786368

good lord X 2.

Nothing perpetuates the MCd squabbles more than this type of dookie..

The guy is a polarizing figure - no doubt.. Hopefully one day soon he earns the love and adoration that he already has recieved from some and what he has yet to get from others..

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
03-30-2010, 09:24 PM
Good Lord.

Cat got your tongue?

j3phr3y
03-30-2010, 10:40 PM
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h273/j3phr3y/1zcpj4o.gif

Shazam!
03-31-2010, 01:26 AM
...dont you know? He's just a McD yes man!

broncofaninfla
03-31-2010, 07:32 AM
LOL! Denver over paid for Green and he knows it, did anybody expect him him to say anything different?

CoachChaz
03-31-2010, 08:51 AM
Just out of curiosity...where are all the negative comments about McD from former players. You know...the guys that ARENT getting paid by the team he coaches.

If we're so quick to assume he gets compliments ONLY because a guy plays for him, then what's stopping former players from talking shit about him?

rationalfan
03-31-2010, 10:01 AM
good lord X 2.

Nothing perpetuates the MCd squabbles more than this type of dookie..

The guy is a polarizing figure - no doubt.. Hopefully one day soon he earns the the love an adoration that already has from some and what he has yet to get from others..

"dookie?" not sure if i should be offended more over ...

... your use of childish language and/or a Green Day album to describe my words

... or that my post was deemed crap while the litany of "mcd sucks because i don't like that he traded a rocket armed QB and i refuse to acknowledge anything else" aren't described as "dookie."

either way, "kerplunk" was a much better Green Day album.

T.K.O.
03-31-2010, 10:13 AM
i meant to pop in and post a "que the they only said that because mcD is the only coach who would give them a job responses"
but i forgot.
oh and i'm partial to american idiot....but i'm not a true green day fan

underrated29
03-31-2010, 11:20 AM
Just out of curiosity...where are all the negative comments about McD from former players. You know...the guys that ARENT getting paid by the team he coaches.

If we're so quick to assume he gets compliments ONLY because a guy plays for him, then what's stopping former players from talking shit about him?

damit coach.

Stop with all the rational thought here. You are going to give people aneurysms.

CoachChaz
03-31-2010, 11:53 AM
damit coach.

Stop with all the rational thought here. You are going to give people aneurysms.

This uncanny ability to see both sides of the story is really becoming a burden lately. I either need the McD apologists to pass me a glass of Kool-Aid or the McD haters to pass me a glass of vinegar, just so I can get it all over with