PDA

View Full Version : The fall of the mighty Denver Broncos

sanluis
08-28-2007, 02:51 PM
After dominating the NFL for years the mighty Denver Broncos are really starting to fall apart. Gone are their great leaders from the past like Elway, and TD , now they face the uncertain future without Al Wilson, without out Trever Price, without Gerald Warren. Big deal some might think. Look at who Denver picked up during the off season. Henry, Daniels, Bly, three rookie D-linemen and Jay Cutler has five starts under his belt. Things must be looking up? I don't think so people. Henry is hurt. The D-line has been weak to this point and the team was worked by Dallas and the Browns. The skill players are doing the best they can with the lines in front of them. The lines are the problem and that will be Denver's down fall.

The O-line is weak at best to this point. Against Dallas poor Jay had a QB rating of 65. That falls squarely on the O-line. I do not hold Jay responsible for that performance. The O-line was pathetic.

The Dline has not covered the LBers very well and is having trouble adapting to the new D scheme.

The foundations are weak on both sides of the ball for Denver. Leaving the skill positions exposed and struggling. Now I realize this is just preseason but the lack of improvement when first string is against first string speaks volumes. Denver fans could be in for a rude shock opening day. :eek:

If you think I am wrong then please explain yourself.

WTE
08-28-2007, 04:23 PM

I think you're right on the money!!

Going after slugs like Big Daddy and Sam Adams is proof Denver is desperate for anything!

sanluis
08-28-2007, 04:31 PM

Going after slugs like Big Daddy and Sam Adams is proof Denver is desperate for anything!

Bates scheme seems wrong for Denver. They are struggling to execute it and Adams is way too slow. What a waste of a roster spot!! They would be better served to just start the rookies IMO.

arapaho2
08-28-2007, 05:44 PM
After dominating the NFL for years the mighty Denver Broncos are really starting to fall apart. Gone are their great leaders from the past like Elway, and TD , now they face the uncertain future without Al Wilson, without out Trever Price, without Gerald Warren. Big deal some might think. Look at who Denver picked up during the off season. Henry, Daniels, Bly, three rookie D-linemen and Jay Cutler has five starts under his belt. Things must be looking up? I don't think so people. Henry is hurt. The D-line has been weak to this point and the team was worked by Dallas and the Browns. The skill players are doing the best they can with the lines in front of them. The lines are the problem and that will be Denver's down fall.

The O-line is weak at best to this point. Against Dallas poor Jay had a QB rating of 65. That falls squarely on the O-line. I do not hold Jay responsible for that performance. The O-line was pathetic.

The Dline has not covered the LBers very well and is having trouble adapting to the new D scheme.

The foundations are weak on both sides of the ball for Denver. Leaving the skill positions exposed and struggling. Now I realize this is just preseason but the lack of improvement when first string is against first string speaks volumes. Denver fans could be in for a rude shock opening day. :eek:

lets see...i could act like the charger board and have you banned for doing this...but we are not like the chargers

well for one...pryce was gone last season as well as CB who was injured

as for cutler in dallas, you might recall we had significant injuries at oline, lepsis played with a groin pull, and the starting rg was out, we also had to convert a TE to backup ot for the game. you might also recall dallas came in with a blitz package that resembled a playoff game in intensity

stokely didnt play and sheffler and marshell were both comeing in for the first time after injuries kept them out of training camp

as for henry, he will be a great back in the denver system, and is back at practise already
grahm will be what he is supposed to be, a great blocking TE who will occassionaly slip out and catch a pass

as for rookie dline men they are backups, losing EE hurt but only pushed 2nd year man dummervill up to the position after 8.5 sacks last year as a situational player, combined with the other starter engleburger

true the defense is slowly adjusting to a new scheme, as is DJ but their physical abilities will get us threw the rough spots until they gell

but why be concerned about the broncos...you should be concerned with your own starting defense that allowed AZ to march up and down the field at will...makeing scoreing on the chargers look easy

topscribe
08-28-2007, 06:41 PM

You sound very hopeful, SanLuis. In fact, you hope against hope.

You failed to mention (maybe you didn't know) that our starting LG did not
play, and our starting LT was rusty from inactivity, PLUS playing with an
injured groin, which he had previously admitted was hurting his mobility.
The right side has not yet jelled, although we are very talented at RG, with
Holland and Kuper there. (The only position that worries me at the moment
is RT.)

You want to talk about the DL? Fine . . . it has me concerned, too, at least
at DT (DE is developing into a strength). But when you pick on the OL, you
seriously err. With Nalen, Hamilton, Lepsis, and Holland/Kuper, it will again
be one of the best lines in the league, once it jells.

Were I you, a dolts fan http://forums.denverbroncos.com/images/smilies/th_sick.gif, I would be worried sick about my defensive
backfield. From the way Leinart tore you apart, you really do have issues
back there.

-----

topscribe
08-28-2007, 06:47 PM

You are demonstrating your lack of knowledge of the Broncos, my friend.

I have heard and read more than one comment about Adams' surprising speed.
Guess you don't have a clue that Adams has been to the Pro Bowl? The
position beside him concerns me right now and the depth behind Adams, but
not Adams.

It'll all come together long before the playoffs, at which time we will be
waiting for you. ;)

-----

Broncos Mtnman
08-28-2007, 07:50 PM
This from the fan of a team that had multiple turnovers and had to get into a shootout with the lowly AZ Cardinals to pull out a win.

Yeah, I'm REEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLL worried about what you posted.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/images/smilies/th_coffee.gif

Cleveland Rocks
08-28-2007, 08:12 PM
without Gerald Warren. Big deal some might think.

Not a big deal whatsoever in losing Warren. Aside from top, I don't think anyone in Denver will really miss him. I can't stand the guy - I never could stand the guy. Well, alright, let me rephrase that. When he was drafted I was happy. But he quickly showed his true colors. He was lazy and loved living the extravagant lifestyle as a big spender. What once was a promising coupling of Courtney Brown and Gerard Warren quickly went south when Brown kept getting injured (I liked him and still like him) and Warren just let himself go.

topscribe
08-28-2007, 08:51 PM
Not a big deal whatsoever in losing Warren. Aside from top, I don't think anyone in Denver will really miss him. I can't stand the guy - I never could stand the guy. Well, alright, let me rephrase that. When he was drafted I was happy. But he quickly showed his true colors. He was lazy and loved living the extravagant lifestyle as a big spender. What once was a promising coupling of Courtney Brown and Gerard Warren quickly went south when Brown kept getting injured (I liked him and still like him) and Warren just let himself go.
I'm not going to miss Warren. If the coaches let him go for peanuts, then they
are the ones who were out there on the field with him every day, not I.

I know I advocated for Warren, but only to say let's see what he can do,
once his toes are healed. Well, we saw . . . or rather the coaches saw . . .
and it was not good enough, apparently.

What is good enough for me, then, is the coaches' opinions. *shrugs*

-----

bengaaaaals1688
08-28-2007, 09:10 PM
You are demonstrating your lack of knowledge of the Broncos, my friend.

I have heard and read more than one comment about Adams' surprising speed.
Guess you don't have a clue that Adams has been to the Pro Bowl? The
position beside him concerns me right now and the depth behind Adams, but
not Adams.

It'll all come together long before the playoffs, at which time we will be
waiting for you. ;)

-----

Don't be too unconcerned about Adams... I was the same way last season, and look how he did for us. He was, emphasis on the was, a great DT, but now he has become an average-good DT... if he is lucky. For your sake I hope he does better than he did for us, but I wouldn't expect too much.

sanluis
08-28-2007, 09:21 PM
You sound very hopeful, SanLuis. In fact, you hope against hope.

You failed to mention (maybe you didn't know) that our starting LG did not
play, and our starting LT was rusty from inactivity, PLUS playing with an
injured groin, which he had previously admitted was hurting his mobility.
The right side has not yet jelled, although we are very talented at RG, with
Holland and Kuper there. (The only position that worries me at the moment
is RT.)

You want to talk about the DL? Fine . . . it has me concerned, too, at least
at DT (DE is developing into a strength). But when you pick on the OL, you
seriously err. With Nalen, Hamilton, Lepsis, and Holland/Kuper, it will again
be one of the best lines in the league, once it jells.

Were I you, a dolts fan http://forums.denverbroncos.com/images/smilies/th_sick.gif, I would be worried sick about my defensive
backfield. From the way Leinart tore you apart, you really do have issues
back there.

-----

Matt claims he is 100%. So his groin isn't the reason for him being rusty.

Lepsis also played Saturday against Cleveland,
Broncos left tackle Matt Lepsis, who gimped through the off-season after reconstructive knee surgery and limped through the preseason with a groin strain, says he is now 100 percent healthy and ready to go

So that is good. And that is the only bright spot on your O-line. And don't expect that rust to be gone by the start of the season. Most teams don't use their starts in the final preseason game. That might not be the case for Denver as they had such a poor effort against a very strong Browns team. Actually, it was two poor efforts in a row counting the Dallas butt kicking. :eek: Dallas and the Browns are both ascending teams and Denver is not. Denver's olines best days are in it's past. It has no depth and that can be a huge problem as well.

As for AZ they are looking very good on offense. They have talent at every position on that side of the ball and one of the best set of skill players at the wide outs going into the season. They played great and it was a good test for us heading into the season. This week we play the 9ers and we should rest most the starters after the first series. Giving the young guys a chance to make the team. Rivers, Volek and V. Jackson have had a very good preseason. Eliminating turnovers and penalties will be the focus going into our first game with the Bears. We also need to tighten up our kick coverage.

I know this is the preseason and things will change once the bullets are real. Still Denver is looking like a 8-8 team heading into the season. And that is if everyone stays healthy and the D starts to execute Bates scheme a lot better.;)

sanluis
08-28-2007, 09:41 PM
lets see...i could act like the charger board and have you banned for doing this...but we are not like the chargers

well for one...pryce was gone last season as well as CB who was injured

as for cutler in dallas, you might recall we had significant injuries at oline, lepsis played with a groin pull, and the starting rg was out, we also had to convert a TE to backup ot for the game. you might also recall dallas came in with a blitz package that resembled a playoff game in intensity

stokely didnt play and sheffler and marshell were both comeing in for the first time after injuries kept them out of training camp

as for henry, he will be a great back in the denver system, and is back at practise already
grahm will be what he is supposed to be, a great blocking TE who will occassionaly slip out and catch a pass

as for rookie dline men they are backups, losing EE hurt but only pushed 2nd year man dummervill up to the position after 8.5 sacks last year as a situational player, combined with the other starter engleburger

true the defense is slowly adjusting to a new scheme, as is DJ but their physical abilities will get us threw the rough spots until they gell

but why be concerned about the broncos...you should be concerned with your own starting defense that allowed AZ to march up and down the field at will...makeing scoreing on the chargers look easy

I for one am sorry to see you banned. It can get boring over there without some rival fans around.

Your words about the oline highlight Denver's lack of depth.

The weakness up front will require Daniels to say back in protection I agree.

The D should get better with time as they become more accustom to Bates new scheme.

AZ is a dam good team. They are fast and make you pay big time if you make a mistake. Still our vanilla D was able to force them into turning the ball over 4 times and we cut our penalties down to just two for the whole game.

sanluis
08-28-2007, 09:47 PM
This from the fan of a team that had multiple turnovers and had to get into a shootout with the lowly AZ Cardinals to pull out a win.

Yeah, I'm REEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLL worried about what you posted.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/images/smilies/th_coffee.gif

A word smith like you and this is all you can come up with?! :eek:

Could it be that you are worried about your boy Jay because of the five matadors blocking for him? Jay is used to that from college so he should be OK. :D

Broncos Mtnman
08-28-2007, 10:04 PM
A word smith like you and this is all you can come up with?! :eek:

Could it be that you are worried about your boy Jay because of the five matadors blocking for him? Jay is used to that from college so he should be OK. :D

Give me some time. I'll pick it up... lol

topscribe
08-28-2007, 10:07 PM
Matt claims he is 100%. So his groin isn't the reason for him being rusty.

So that is good. And that is the only bright spot on your O-line. And don't expect that rust to be gone by the start of the season. Most teams don't use their starts in the final preseason game. That might not be the case for Denver as they had such a poor effort against a very strong Browns team. Actually, it was two poor efforts in a row counting the Dallas butt kicking. :eek: Dallas and the Browns are both ascending teams and Denver is not. Denver's olines best days are in it's past. It has no depth and that can be a huge problem as well.

As for AZ they are looking very good on offense. They have talent at every position on that side of the ball and one of the best set of skill players at the wide outs going into the season. They played great and it was a good test for us heading into the season. This week we play the 9ers and we should rest most the starters after the first series. Giving the young guys a chance to make the team. Rivers, Volek and V. Jackson have had a very good preseason. Eliminating turnovers and penalties will be the focus going into our first game with the Bears. We also need to tighten up our kick coverage.

I know this is the preseason and things will change once the bullets are real. Still Denver is looking like a 8-8 team heading into the season. And that is if everyone stays healthy and the D starts to execute Bates scheme a lot better.;)
SanLuis, when you speak of such ignorance about the other team, your
"smack" becomes hideously lame. Lepsis is the only bright spot on the team?
C'mon . . . you know better than that . . . or do you? Every hear of Tom
Nalen, universally recognized as one of the better centers in the league?
Ben Hamilton, who many insist has been playing near or at a Pro Bowl level
the last couple years?

And Holland has already been cited for his textbook pass blocking this year.
Kuper is a young, quick-footed, powerful kid who his coaches believe is
destined for the Pro Bowl.

Wow, you've got to pick it up. Your smack is going down the tubes. Dang,
I'm counting on you, SanLuis. http://www.orangemane.com/BB/images/smilies/grovel.gif

-----

sanluis
08-28-2007, 10:42 PM
SanLuis, when you speak of such ignorance about the other team, your
"smack" becomes hideously lame. Lepsis is the only bright spot on the team?C'mon . . . you know better than that . . . or do you? Every hear of Tom
Nalen, universally recognized as one of the better centers in the league?
Ben Hamilton, who many insist has been playing near or at a Pro Bowl level
the last couple years?

And Holland has already been cited for his textbook pass blocking this year.
Kuper is a young, quick-footed, powerful kid who his coaches believe is
destined for the Pro Bowl.

Wow, you've got to pick it up. Your smack is going down the tubes. Dang,
I'm counting on you, SanLuis. http://www.orangemane.com/BB/images/smilies/grovel.gif

-----

Please point out were I said Mat was the only bright spot on your team.

Nalen is a over-the-hill hack at best.

And are you ignoring the lack of depth on the Oline?

My smack is just fine and is much too close to the truth than you would like to admit. :D

With the exception of a rusty Lepis and foster isn't this the same line that let poor Jay get knocked out by the 9ers? Now you have booted Foster and replaced him with someone even worse so you could get Bly. So now poor Jay is plagued by the matador syndroom again. It just follows him everywhere he goes poor kid. :D

topscribe
08-28-2007, 10:53 PM
Please point out were I said Mat was the only bright spot on your team.

Nalen is a over-the-hill hack at best.

And are you ignoring the lack of depth on the Oline?

My smack is just fine and is much too close to the truth than you would like to admit. :D

With the exception of a rusty Lepis and foster isn't this the same line that let poor Jay get knocked out by the 9ers? Now you have booted Foster and replaced him with someone even worse so you could get Bly. So now poor Jay is plagued by the matador syndroom again. It just follows him everywhere he goes poor kid. :D
Ummm . . . no. Lepsis was out on IR. Pears played in Lepsis' place, as a
rookie, never having played a down at LT on any other level. Carlisle was
the RG . . . where Holland and Kuper represent an extreme upgrade over
Carlisle. And Meadows had displaced Foster as the starter before he
(Meadows) was hurt, yet Pears, who had gone over to the right side,
displaced Meadows. So that side represents two upgrades over Foster.

Your comment on Nalen indicates extreme ignorance of our team. Over on
the Mane, a couple posters study the games and occasionally give objective
position-by-position analyses on the plays. Nearly every single comment on
Nalen has been in admiration for his blocking ability and the way he plays
his position.

As I said, SanLuis, before your posts can be considered "smack," they must
have at least a smattering of credibility to them . . . something your remarks
about our OL lacks. ;)

-----

sanluis
08-28-2007, 11:47 PM
Ummm . . . no. Lepsis was out on IR. Pears played in Lepsis' place, as a
rookie, never having played a down at LT on any other level. Carlisle was
the RG . . . where Holland and Kuper represent an extreme upgrade over
Carlisle. And Meadows had displaced Foster as the starter before he
(Meadows) was hurt, yet Pears, who had gone over to the right side,
displaced Meadows. So that side represents two upgrades over Foster.

Your comment on Nalen indicates extreme ignorance of our team. Over on
the Mane, a couple posters study the games and occasionally give objective
position-by-position analyses on the plays. Nearly every single comment on
Nalen has been in admiration for his blocking ability and the way he plays
his position.

As I said, SanLuis, before your posts can be considered "smack," they must
have at least a smattering of credibility to them . . . something your remarks
about our OL lacks. ;)

-----

Nalen is a has been at best and most people know that.

Ignorance of the lack of depth on Denver's oline is what your post points out very clearly Tops. Foster and Carlisle weren't half as bad as Denver fans would like to think and these O-line replacements are half as good as you hope to this point. Maybe Dallas surprised Denver because they actually played like their jobs were on the line. And maybe the Browns just match up really well against Denver and that explains that performance. Fact is the oline has not performed well to this point in spite of any of the above excuses.

We will find out soon enough.:D

topscribe
08-29-2007, 12:44 AM
Nalen is a has been at best and most people know that.

Ignorance of the lack of depth on Denver's oline is what your post points out very clearly Tops. Foster and Carlisle weren't half as bad as Denver fans would like to think and these O-line replacements are half as good as you hope to this point. Maybe Dallas surprised Denver because they actually played like their jobs were on the line. And maybe the Browns just match up really well against Denver and that explains that performance. Fact is the oline has not performed well to this point in spite of any of the above excuses.

We will find out soon enough.:D
Well, most dolts fans might surmise that. I just hope your team is making the
same presumptuous mistake.

It's just going to be fun to watch Cutler, Walker, Marshall, Stokley, and
Scheffler whup up on your poor, little sister secondary. :cool:

But you could surprise. After all, your dolts gave the mighty Cardinals a real
fight, didn't they? http://www.orangemane.com/BB/images/smilies/laughy.gif

-----

sneakers
08-29-2007, 01:14 AM

Didn't you have a former big slug of ours for a while, Keith Traylor?

arapaho2
08-29-2007, 10:59 AM
I for one am sorry to see you banned. It can get boring over there without some rival fans around.

Your words about the oline highlight Denver's lack of depth.

The weakness up front will require Daniels to say back in protection I agree.

The D should get better with time as they become more accustom to Bates new scheme.

AZ is a dam good team. They are fast and make you pay big time if you make a mistake. Still our vanilla D was able to force them into turning the ball over 4 times and we cut our penalties down to just two for the whole game.

as for your boards...i dont think i can stomach going back...to much koolaid flowing

no what my words say is we had some oline camp injuries even the backups were hurt, in camp it happens...now with all seeming to be on the mend , depth will not be an issue

as for grahm thats what he is there for, to help block, and catch some passes...not a sign of weakness, but most teams have a blocking TE do they not?...whos your malalalluma? or whate evr his name is

as for the defense i agree they will get better and will be a force

as for your game i count three fumbles apiece from you and az...your defense might have taken away the ball three times, but so did thiers

SR
08-29-2007, 12:12 PM
Who is Gerald Warren?:confused:

Gerald Warren.

sanluis
08-29-2007, 12:51 PM
Well, most dolts fans might surmise that. I just hope your team is making the
same presumptuous mistake.

It's just going to be fun to watch Cutler, Walker, Marshall, Stokley, and
Scheffler whup up on your poor, little sister secondary. :cool:

But you could surprise. After all, your dolts gave the mighty Cardinals a real
fight, didn't they? http://www.orangemane.com/BB/images/smilies/laughy.gif

-----

Well you Broncos know all about underestimating a opponent. ... cough 9er game.... cough 9er game.....:D

arapaho2
08-29-2007, 05:38 PM
Well you Broncos know all about underestimating a opponent. ... cough 9er game.... cough 9er game.....:D

please... i know the bolts never under estimated anyone on thier way to claiming thier first lombardy in 06.....oh wait that was indy, the bolts got beat at home and had thier logo danced on

Watchthemiddle
08-29-2007, 06:02 PM

Well you BOlts know all about the understaning the post season...cough cough CHOKE....cough cough CHOKE...

sanluis
08-30-2007, 02:26 PM
So how is your injured and old oline going to do this year? Hamilton's head should be clearing soon. Too bad he and Mat are going to be rusty heading into the season...... no it's not:nixon:

sanluis
08-31-2007, 12:40 PM
Look it's your right tackle!! :elefant:

:whistle:

dogfish
09-01-2007, 02:09 AM
uhh, sanluis. . . . .

:hmmmm:

am i imagining things, or did you imply that gerard warren was a "leader". . . . ??

*points at you and laughs*

never thought i'd say this, but you my friend drank too much tequila in mexico!

:laugh:

Bronco Bible
09-01-2007, 09:26 AM
Hey I am defending the Bolts ,I heard that they are working toward first place in the NFL for the cleanest trophy case award:first:

Day1BroncoFan
09-01-2007, 09:41 AM
Here we are and the season hasn't started yet. The lowly charger fans are predicting the Broncos to fall apart. That's as likely to happen as the chargers going to the Super Bowl. :tsk:

sanluis
09-03-2007, 12:03 PM
Here is Jay Cutler after his first snap ....:ahhhhh:

And what did Jay hear the the five matadors say blocking for him :lol:? ...ole!

topscribe
09-03-2007, 12:11 PM
Hey I am defending the Bolts ,I heard that they are working toward first place in the NFL for the cleanest trophy case award:first:
Wow, I over looked that . . .

Here's to the dolts and their clean trophy case! :nixon:

-----

sanluis
09-03-2007, 05:47 PM
There once was a team in Denver
That hoped for a season of splender
But Jake got pissed and dented a fender
Then Jay came along and finished the season on a bender
Leaving Denver's playoff hopes quite slender
Until to the 49ers the team surrendered!!!:shocked::eek:

Thank you ! Thank you! I will be here all season!! :wave:

Broncos Mtnman
09-03-2007, 06:23 PM
That went on a season long Bender
After Jake got pissed and dented a fender

Thank you ! Thank you! I will be here all season!!

There once was a team called the "Bolts"
Whose players were a bunch of dolts
When the post season comes near
One thing is quite clear
They will get close, but lose with a jolt

Thank you!! http://www.orangemane.com/BB/images/smilies/acclaim.gif

:first:

topscribe
09-03-2007, 07:30 PM
That went on a season long Bender
After Jake got pissed and dented a fender

Thank you ! Thank you! I will be here all season!! :wave:
Hmmm . . . let's see . . .

"Denver" does not rhyme with anything.

Nether does "surrendered."

Keep working on it . . . :coffee:

-----

sanluis
09-03-2007, 08:23 PM
There once was a team called the "Bolts"
Whose players were a bunch of dolts
When the post season comes near
One thing is quite clear
They will get close, but lose with a jolt

Thank you!! http://www.orangemane.com/BB/images/smilies/acclaim.gif

:first:

LOL!! good job!!! :beer:

sanluis
09-03-2007, 08:25 PM
Hmmm . . . let's see . . .

"Denver" does not rhyme with anything.

Nether does "surrendered."

Keep working on it . . . :coffee:

-----

You didn't like it??!! :laugh:

topscribe
09-03-2007, 08:28 PM
You didn't like it??!! :laugh:
:rolleyes:

:lol:

-----

sanluis
05-21-2008, 02:17 AM
Looks like some of you have some explaining to do!

Lucy!!!!:D

dogfish
05-21-2008, 02:36 AM
Looks like some of you have some explaining to do!

Lucy!!!!:D

pfft! bumping your old threads from last august? you really must be getting desperate for material. . . .

(okay, it IS the offseason-- we're ALL ready for football to come back so we have something new to talk about)

so how'd it feel to watch a.j. "the genius" smith dislocating his arms reaching for jacob hester when we got a very comparable player in the 7th round?? he must really be concerned that LT's getting close to the end, because hester sure isn't the type of headknocker to fill neal's shoes. . . maybe aj just wants a back who's tough enough to play through a little pain in the biggest game of his career. . . ;)

sanluis
05-21-2008, 02:00 PM
pfft! bumping your old threads from last august? you really must be getting desperate for material. . . .

(okay, it IS the offseason-- we're ALL ready for football to come back so we have something new to talk about)

so how'd it feel to watch a.j. "the genius" smith dislocating his arms reaching for jacob hester when we got a very comparable player in the 7th round?? he must really be concerned that LT's getting close to the end, because hester sure isn't the type of headknocker to fill neal's shoes. . . maybe aj just wants a back who's tough enough to play through a little pain in the biggest game of his career. . . ;)

LT? I am more worried about Gates and his toe injury.
Hester was a player AJ wanted after meeting him last November. I agree that we gave up a lot to get him. It is very similar to the move AJ made to get Eric Weddell. Time will tell if these players live up to the price paid. So far Eric looks like he is going to be great! Beat out some bum named Marlon Mcree:D

It sure is a long off season!!!!!!!!!!

I had to bump this thread because I found it funny. I don't mean to rub it in too much :D

The tone is much more realistic around here now ..... :shocked::lol: