Lonestar
03-28-2010, 09:55 PM
NFL teams not buying what Marshall's selling
Readers talk and columnist Mark Kiszla responds
By Mark Kiszla
The Denver Post
POSTED: 03/28/2010 01:00:00 AM MDT

The buzz on B-Marsh.

"Do you have any insight on Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall? Has any NFL team actually made him a contract offer? What's the word on him?"

Brad, Westminster

Kiz: NFL general managers are sending the Broncos and you a message. It's loud and clear: For all his undeniable talent, Marshall is not a truly elite player. Why? B-Marsh has caught a total of 23 touchdown passes during the past three years; Randy Moss scored 23 TDs in 2007 alone. Marshall seeks a salary of $10 million per year, and whatever team signs him to such a ridiculous offer would also have to compensate Denver with a first-round draft choice. At those prices, he better be a sure- fire Hall of Famer. And Marshall is simply not all that.

Which leads to the interesting question: If Josh McDaniels got bashed for granting quarterback Jay Cutler's request for a trade, how would Broncomaniacs respond if the Denver coach tried to keep Marshall in town against his will?

Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_14771969#ixzz0jWweQgNc

turftoad
03-28-2010, 10:02 PM
Good!!! I hope he stays if thats the case.

23 TD's Big deal, Marshall is NOT the thowing the ball.

Lonestar
03-28-2010, 10:07 PM

It could be said in TC he was not catching it either..:laugh:

roomemp
03-29-2010, 07:04 AM

:confused:

Tned
03-29-2010, 07:11 AM
:confused:

I think Toad's point was that a WR only has so much ability to impact his TD total, as the QB has to throw him the ball in situations that will produce TDs.

As to Kisla's conclusion, it is flawed like many others. Unless something has changed in the last week or so, no RFA's have been signed to offer sheets (none of the first+ rounder tenders).

Has Dumervil been sent an offer sheet? An article posted yesterday says that Orton is a $5 million a year QB by NFL standards (going by memory, but I believe that was the number), but nobody has signed him to an offer sheet.

So, by his logic, the lack of offer sheets for those two, or Vincent Jackson, or any of the other RFA's out there, is all about other NFL managers sending the Broncos and other teams 'messages'? :confused:

With the uncertainty of the CBA, it is clear that teams are very concerned about big contracts, and even more so when signing a player would result in both a big contract and giving up a first round pick.

broncobryce
03-29-2010, 09:27 AM
Nothing is going to happen until the draft. That's the only message. People will sign TO, Pacman, but don't want Marshal? I call BS

arapaho2
03-29-2010, 11:17 AM
anybody who would use that pices of shit article as a means to judge marshall is crazy

Broncolingus
03-29-2010, 11:46 AM
Doom remains the 'must sign/keep' for Denver...

It's going to be interesting to see how this thing with BM plays out...

CoachChaz
03-29-2010, 12:12 PM
Marshall is a very good receiver. he sometimes disappears in the red zone and isnt the greatest with his back to the QB. His reception totals are somewhat inflated due to a variety of reasons over the past years...kind of like a power hitter playing at Coors field. In a balanced offense, he could probably be expected to catch 80 balls for 7 TD's. Is that worth $10 mil?

My guess is that is the dilemma teams are having. I think he could get a decent contract as a UFA...and he could bring back a 1st round pick in return. problem is...no one seems to think he's worth a 1st round pick AND a huge contract. makes sense to me.

Hopefully that keeps him here because his value in Danver is far more than it would be almost anywhere else. i think we're seeing proof of that as the offers are non-existent

GEM
03-29-2010, 12:19 PM

He also led the league in drops in one of the years that Cutler was throwing to him. :shrugs: Also, 2 of those seasons with low TD #'s were under Cutler. So I'm not exactly sure where we are going with this.

Ravage!!!
03-29-2010, 01:01 PM
But Cutler also had another WR with over 90 catches, how many did our second best have last year? Cutler also had more TD passes, which meant more were going to other WRs... I think thats a point.

I guess Andre Johnson must not be elite either. I guess Johnson 'disappears' in the red-zone and isn't his best with his back to the QB either..... since Marshall beats him in EVERY category.

Andre Johnson: (first four seasons)...311 catches, 3953 yrds (12.7 avg), 17 TDs

Brandon Marshall: (first 4 seasons) ...327 catches, 4019 yrds (12.3 avg), 25 TDs

But I think Tned has it exactly right. How can we say that Marshall not being signed is some kind of 'message' when no one else has been???

The only reason people notice this, is because Marshall is the best player available

Northman
03-29-2010, 01:19 PM
Fandom sure is fickle.

WARHORSE
03-29-2010, 01:39 PM
Right.

The article is skewed by the person writing it.

If anything, Brandon is the only RFA talented enough, with a low enough tender to generate buzz in this league.

No other RFA is being discussed with anymore than he is.

As I stated before, no other player on the market, looking at his production, has a better chance of paying off than Brandon.

Not Doom, not Jackson, not merriman, not even Peepers who is signed.

Marshall is desired, and I think this is more about the CBA and RFAs than Marshalls past. Is it a factor? Yes. But there is no movement in the league of RFAs and thats what this is about.

As for contract amount/production, look no further than White in Atlanta.

His first four years he had 29, 30, 83 and 88 receptions. His first year- 3 TDs, second year-none, third year-6 and fourth year-7.

He got PAID to the tune of 49 million over 6 years.

Brandon had 20 recepts his first year, and over a 100 in each year after.

Lookin at his numbers last year, he was a terror. He played in 15 games only, and if we remember, he wasnt really used in the first few like he could have been due to his suspension and all that.

He ended up having his biggest year yet.

He is coming into his peak years........

CoachChaz
03-29-2010, 02:53 PM
I dont know...I could be swayed to take a long look at Miles Austin

WARHORSE
03-29-2010, 02:54 PM

Not consistent enough for me yet to give up a whole lot.

But that dude can run.

CoachChaz
03-29-2010, 03:02 PM
Not consistent enough for me yet to give up a whole lot.

But that dude can run.

...and catch...and block...and score TD's.

No, he hasnt put up the inflated numbers that Marshall has over 3 years, but I dont see too many reasons to doubt he can. plus...he doesnt carry baggage

rcsodak
03-29-2010, 04:40 PM
But Cutler also had another WR with over 90 catches, how many did our second best have last year? Cutler also had more TD passes, which meant more were going to other WRs... I think thats a point.

I guess Andre Johnson must not be elite either. I guess Johnson 'disappears' in the red-zone and isn't his best with his back to the QB either..... since Marshall beats him in EVERY category.

Andre Johnson: (first four seasons)...311 catches, 3953 yrds (12.7 avg), 17 TDs

Brandon Marshall: (first 4 seasons) ...327 catches, 4019 yrds (12.3 avg), 25 TDs

But I think Tned has it exactly right. How can we say that Marshall not being signed is some kind of 'message' when no one else has been???

The only reason people notice this, is because Marshall is the best player available

LMMFAO!

Now you're comparing Detroit's offense (or lack, thereof) to Denver's?

....when will the madness end......:lol:

PSSSS. Oh crap! Damn, shit, poop! My bad! I was thinking Calvin. My bad.

Northman
03-29-2010, 04:41 PM
LMMFAO!

Um, Johnson plays for Houston my man.

LordTrychon
03-29-2010, 04:48 PM
Um, Johnson plays for Houston my man.

So many Johnsons!

roomemp
03-29-2010, 04:51 PM
I think Toad's point was that a WR only has so much ability to impact his TD total, as the QB has to throw him the ball in situations that will produce TDs.

As to Kisla's conclusion, it is flawed like many others. Unless something has changed in the last week or so, no RFA's have been signed to offer sheets (none of the first+ rounder tenders).

Has Dumervil been sent an offer sheet? An article posted yesterday says that Orton is a $5 million a year QB by NFL standards (going by memory, but I believe that was the number), but nobody has signed him to an offer sheet.

So, by his logic, the lack of offer sheets for those two, or Vincent Jackson, or any of the other RFA's out there, is all about other NFL managers sending the Broncos and other teams 'messages'? :confused:

With the uncertainty of the CBA, it is clear that teams are very concerned about big contracts, and even more so when signing a player would result in both a big contract and giving up a first round pick.

Marshall has had 300+ receptions the past 3 years. Thats 300 opportunities to score a TD. I don't buy it.

Ravage!!!
03-29-2010, 04:53 PM
LMMFAO!

Dude.. do you even watch football? Detroits offense was mentioned in the same place you have Randy Moss winning SB rings :lol:
your imagination. (Its time you put the bong down for the evening).

weazel
03-29-2010, 05:04 PM

either Vincent Jackson or Miles Austin. Jackson doesnt have gaudy numbers but he plays for a team with tons of offensive weapons.

rcsodak
03-29-2010, 06:08 PM
So many Johnsons!

And so few actually make it big.

WARHORSE
03-29-2010, 06:51 PM
...and catch...and block...and score TD's.

No, he hasnt put up the inflated numbers that Marshall has over 3 years, but I dont see too many reasons to doubt he can. plus...he doesnt carry baggage

Inflated?

Dont know how you reached that conclusion but If Im the QB slingin the ball and I see a huge 6'4" 230 lb beast with playmaking ability running open across the middle, I throw the ball.

Every time.

Austin has been in the league four years.

While he may be coming into his own, I'll wait to see it consistently first before signing him long term.

Albert Haynesworth played real hard in his contract years too.

EMB6903
03-29-2010, 06:55 PM
Inflated?

Dont know how you reached that conclusion but If Im the QB slingin the ball and I see a huge 6'4" 230 lb beast with playmaking ability running open across the middle, I throw the ball.

Every time.

Austin has been in the league four years.

While he may be coming into his own, I'll wait to see it consistently first before signing him long term.

Albert Haynesworth played real hard in his contract years too.

Haynesworth is still an elite defensive player in this league. Not the best comparison....

lets try............... Muhsin Muhammad, hes the king of coming up big on contract years.

JDL
03-29-2010, 07:00 PM
He also led the league in drops in one of the years that Cutler was throwing to him. :shrugs: Also, 2 of those seasons with low TD #'s were under Cutler. So I'm not exactly sure where we are going with this.

In all fairness that was right after the McDonald's bag incident that shredded his nerves. He didn't have an issue last year (outside of 1 game) and he didn't have an issue before that.

I think the McDonald's incident is more of an overriding concern than his hands... he has very good hands actually with slips in concentration pretty minimal for the number of times he's targeted.

T.K.O.
03-29-2010, 07:10 PM
So many Johnsons!

so little time...........................
http://images.cheezburger.com/imagestore/2010/3/29/81f5eb8c-dceb-496d-b7a0-f3dba4c44c00.jpg:laugh:

Mr D
03-29-2010, 07:12 PM
lol anyone looking at Marshalls touchdown catches are out of the loop. Teams have many different philosophies and schemes in the red zone... LT 12 TDs last year must mean he's elite right?

Calvin Johnson has had 21 TDs the past 3 years... yet he's probably the best WR in the NFL.

Andre Johnson has caught 25 TDs in the past 3 seasons.

But I guess Marshall's 300+ receptions the past 3 seasons don't mean shit...:rolleyes:

Lonestar
03-29-2010, 08:11 PM
So many Johnsons!

To few women for some of them. :laugh: :laugh:

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel

T.K.O.
03-29-2010, 08:21 PM
let us not forget.......................
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2nmDNnvErn4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2nmDNnvErn4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

rcsodak
03-29-2010, 09:17 PM
lol anyone looking at Marshalls touchdown catches are out of the loop. Teams have many different philosophies and schemes in the red zone... LT 12 TDs last year must mean he's elite right?

Calvin Johnson has had 21 TDs the past 3 years... yet he's probably the best WR in the NFL.

Andre Johnson has caught 25 TDs in the past 3 seasons.

But I guess Marshall's 300+ receptions the past 3 seasons don't mean shit...:rolleyes:

Sure they do.....

8wins.

Hope to hell Prater never goes off the reservation. :coffee:

rcsodak
03-29-2010, 09:20 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2nmDNnvErn4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2nmDNnvErn4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Silly T.K.O.

Did you forget how certain posters *guys that NOW are pro-BM* just labeled that as "lucky"?

Lonestar
03-29-2010, 09:27 PM

There is no one that debates he has talent, no one.

But there are a lot of folks that are concerned with a very just reason as to his off the GAME field issues.

If we could put him in a cage or padded cell until game time the following week then he would be worth the 14 a year he is seeking.:salute:

rcsodak
03-29-2010, 09:32 PM

But there are a lot of folks that are concerned with a very just reason as to his off the GAME field issues.

If we could put him in a cage or padded cell until game time the following week then he would be worth the 14 a year he is seeking.:salute:

Muzzle, jr. You forgot his muzzle. :D

LordTrychon
03-29-2010, 09:47 PM

I've seen his talent called out here before. *shrug* Everyone has their downers...

EMB6903
03-29-2010, 10:19 PM

lol what a crappy throw that was, and Brandon was still able to take it the distance.

Pay this man!

Lonestar
03-30-2010, 12:13 AM
I've seen his talent called out here before. *shrug* Everyone has their downers...

I do not recall anyone saying he does not have talent or ability

But then I do not see all posts either.:D

Lonestar
03-30-2010, 12:16 AM
lol what a crappy throw that was, and Brandon was still able to take it the distance.

Pay this man!

lets not go there about the throw

We can find lots more worse than that with rocket arm if we have to.

Was a completion and BM made a great run for YAC.

T.K.O.
03-30-2010, 09:55 AM
i know all about the reasons some feel he may not have earned a huge contract.but,fact is he can change the game in a heartbeat,and some players are worth a gamble in that regard.i think marshall is one of those players and hopefully with the lack of interest shown by other teams (due to the state of the cba or personal opinion) both the broncos and brandon work something reasonable out.
i think it would be in the best interest of both parties.

T.K.O.
03-30-2010, 10:01 AM

it does get tiring when orton is blamed for our offensive ineptitude constantly.even when he is a big part of spectacular plays its the old well lucky the reciever had the ability to "reach" for the ball etc...
most passes a reciever has to turn and reach or slow up or jump etc...
its not like every other qb hits every wr in stride .
kinda like when orton was in chicago....it was all defense that won games.and when cutler got there it's well they would have won if they had an o-line or D....(no the 26 int's had nothing to do with it :laugh:)

CoachChaz
03-30-2010, 10:07 AM
it does get tiring when orton is blamed for our offensive ineptitude constantly.even when he is a big part of spectacular plays its the old well lucky the reciever had the ability to "reach" for the ball etc...
most passes a reciever has to turn and reach or slow up or jump etc...
its not like every other qb hits every wr in stride .
kinda like when orton was in chicago....it was all defense that won games.and when cutler got there it's well they would have won if they had an o-line or D....(no the 26 int's had nothing to do with it :laugh:)

You dont know by now that lots of people like to switch the story to fit their argument?

claymore
03-30-2010, 10:30 AM

Why werent you this concerned with Plummer?

T.K.O.
03-30-2010, 10:50 AM
You dont know by now that lots of people like to switch the story to fit their argument?

but that's ......just wrong !;)
and will not be tollerated from here on out

Tned
03-30-2010, 10:51 AM
Why werent you this concerned with Plummer?

Other than flipping off an obnoxious fan, going after talk shows hosts who talked about his girlfriend, and kicking the occasional bumper, Plummer didn't make many waves. He certainly wasn't a suspension risk, beyond his defiance of the NFL over wearing the Pat Tillman sticker.

TXBRONC
03-30-2010, 10:54 AM
Other than flipping off an obnoxious fan, going after talk shows hosts who talked about his girlfriend, and kicking the occasional bumper, Plummer didn't make many waves. He certainly wasn't a suspension risk, beyond his defiance of the NFL over wearing the Pat Tillman sticker.

True but I think he was gone before Goodell became the commissioner.

claymore
03-30-2010, 11:16 AM

He struck a plea deal to felony sexual assualt in 97 ish. 2 Years probation 100hours community service and a fine. He also had to be held back by a buddy because he kicked or was in the process of kicking the shit out of the same girl he sexualy assualted outside a club.

There are a bunch of other things to, but most is hear say... He has drinking, and anger issues to say the least.

Northman
03-30-2010, 11:45 AM
Had the new commissioner been around in 97' Plummer would of had some suspension problems. But such is not the case and is irrelevant to Marshall.

claymore
03-30-2010, 11:50 AM
Had the new commissioner been around in 97' Plummer would of had some suspension problems. But such is not the case and is irrelevant to Marshall.

People Bashing Marshall's off the field issues need to remember we've had worse on the roster though.

Its kind of hypocrytical to hold up one player as a hero (Rod Smith, Jake Plummer) and then say that Marshall is a bad apple.

I think we need to get rid of Marshall, only because I dont think we have the leadership on the team to absorb him till he calms down/matures.

Northman
03-30-2010, 12:14 PM
People Bashing Marshall's off the field issues need to remember we've had worse on the roster though.

Its kind of hypocrytical to hold up one player as a hero (Rod Smith, Jake Plummer) and then say that Marshall is a bad apple.

I think we need to get rid of Marshall, only because I dont think we have the leadership on the team to absorb him till he calms down/matures.

I dont condone any of the actions by said players. But it isnt relevant to Marshall because its a entirely different league now. Michael Irvin was a total douchebag off the field but he never faced what the league is about now otherwise he would of been sitting for a while. So from my standpoint im not being hypocritical about anything. I just have a true understanding of what the league is about now and that kind of behavior cant be tolerated when it can cost your best players games. And i will point out again that Rod had ONE incident in which he learned from. It didnt take him 20 years to "get it". :lol:

claymore
03-30-2010, 12:37 PM
I dont condone any of the actions by said players. But it isnt relevant to Marshall because its a entirely different league now. Michael Irvin was a total douchebag off the field but he never faced what the league is about now otherwise he would of been sitting for a while. So from my standpoint im not being hypocritical about anything. I just have a true understanding of what the league is about now and that kind of behavior cant be tolerated when it can cost your best players games. And i will point out again that Rod had ONE incident in which he learned from. It didnt take him 20 years to "get it". :lol:

The league rules have nothing to do with it. IMO it is still hypocrytical to support a guy who never "got it" (Plummer) and bash a guy that hasnt "got it" yet (Marshall).

Ravage!!!
03-30-2010, 12:50 PM
The league rules have nothing to do with it. IMO it is still hypocrytical to support a guy who never "got it" (Plummer) and bash a guy that hasnt "got it" yet (Marshall).

Its race :coffee:

Northman
03-30-2010, 12:51 PM

Support him how? I thought Jake was an average QB at best. And the only incident involving abuse was back in 96' or 97' which from my understanding is still just one incident. Him flipping off the fans or yelling at a radio host for talking about his girlfriend isnt even in the same league as 13 arrests broham. And the league rules have everything to do with it if it will cost that player playing time because of his inability to learn from his mistakes.

Northman
03-30-2010, 12:52 PM

Please tell me your not going there. :lol:

Tned
03-30-2010, 01:13 PM
He struck a plea deal to felony sexual assualt in 97 ish. 2 Years probation 100hours community service and a fine. He also had to be held back by a buddy because he kicked or was in the process of kicking the shit out of the same girl he sexualy assualted outside a club.

There are a bunch of other things to, but most is hear say... He has drinking, and anger issues to say the least.

I didn't know about that stuff. I was assuming you were talking about while in Denver. While in Denver, he didn't do anything suspension worthy.

claymore
03-30-2010, 01:20 PM
Support him how? I thought Jake was an average QB at best. And the only incident involving abuse was back in 96' or 97' which from my understanding is still just one incident. Him flipping off the fans or yelling at a radio host for talking about his girlfriend isnt even in the same league as 13 arrests broham. And the league rules have everything to do with it if it will cost that player playing time because of his inability to learn from his mistakes.

Im not saying you support him. Sexual and Physical assualt trump what Brandon did IMO.

I dont give a shit if Marshall spends 6 days a week in prison as long as he can play on Sunday.

Im just calling out folks that ride a moral high horse and call out Marshall. I didnt see them do it for Smith, or Plummer or whoever else.

They are Superstars. They all have some sort of issue. Even Bailey.

claymore
03-30-2010, 01:23 PM
I didn't know about that stuff. I was assuming you were talking about while in Denver. While in Denver, he didn't do anything suspension worthy.

Its a pattern of anger issues. I think the finger thing would have got him in some trouble. The road rage thing too.

slim
03-30-2010, 01:26 PM

Weak

Lonestar
03-30-2010, 01:30 PM

Was that after numerous warnings from the commissoner of the NFL or was it a ONE time incident while in college.

I think from what I saw of him he learned from that incident.

Where BM apparently did not.

Lonestar
03-30-2010, 01:35 PM

I can be said that all of the (lots) cowgirls had issues back then, the locla police nerve ticketed them for DUI and in most cases gave them rides home in turn for game day tickets.

There was some real favoritism issues and rarely did the girls get arrested until the local newspapers found out and exposed it all.

Your correct a one time incident is in no way the same scale as marshals repeated fupaws.

claymore
03-30-2010, 01:40 PM
Was that after numerous warnings from the commissoner of the NFL or was it a ONE time incident while in college.

I think from what I saw of him he learned from that incident.

Where BM apparently did not.

No, He was in the NFL. I dont think he learned his lesson. He flipped off the fans, and attacked the dude durring the road rage thing.

That doesnt sound like normal behavior to me.

weazel
03-30-2010, 01:44 PM

yeah... the NFL is keeping the black man down. :tsk:

Lonestar
03-30-2010, 01:57 PM
No, He was in the NFL. I dont think he learned his lesson. He flipped off the fans, and attacked the dude durring the road rage thing.

That doesnt sound like normal behavior to me.

I'm pretty sure this was while he was in college but have not been able to find a time line. on it. If you have one I'd like to see it.

claymore
03-30-2010, 02:05 PM
I'm pretty sure this was while he was in college but have not been able to find a time line. on it. If you have one I'd like to see it.
It was neither. It was right before the Draft. And it was 3 women not 1. My fault.

On March 23, 1997 Plummer became the subject of controversy when he was accused of fondling three women at a Tempe, Arizona night club called Club Rio. The women stated to police that Plummer reached under their skirts and down their pants while dancing with them and consuming alcohol. When one of the women confronted him, he allegedly kicked her in the leg. Plummer was formally charged on May 28, 1997 of felony sexual abuse. He later struck a plea bargain and received two years probation. He was also fined $1,020 and ordered to perform 100 hours of community service. [8]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jake_Plummer

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=888&dat=19970529&id=o7sMAAAAIBAJ&sjid=w14DAAAAIBAJ&pg=6463,3956558

slim
03-30-2010, 02:07 PM

The incident happened before the draft (in '97) and the Cardinals still took him in the second round (it didn't make through the court system until after the draft).

I remember it fairly well because I was still attending ASU at the time.

claymore
03-30-2010, 02:11 PM
The incident happened before the draft (in '97) and the Cardinals still took him in the second round (it didn't make through the court system until after the draft).

Were you to frat brothers Slim?

slim
03-30-2010, 02:36 PM
Were you to frat brothers Slim?

No, but Jake did try to molest me once :eek:

claymore
03-30-2010, 02:54 PM
No, but Jake did try to molest me once :eek:

Did he kick you when you wouldnt give him the "cinnamon roll"?

slim
03-30-2010, 03:04 PM
Did he kick you when you wouldnt give him the "cinnamon roll"?

Yes, he kicked me in the shin and then flipped me off.

I have to say, I did admire his beard though.

Lonestar
03-30-2010, 03:08 PM

:salute:

I was pretty sure it was Pre NFL. and frankly sounds like he was being a frat boy to me. and Perhaps the young ladies did not see it in that light.

SOunds like he paid his debt to society and did not do it again.

Where is the beef.

EMB6903
03-30-2010, 06:35 PM

or We could move on and not even bring up "rocket arm" because he had nothing to do with my post.

LordTrychon
03-30-2010, 07:44 PM
:salute:

I was pretty sure it was Pre NFL. and frankly sounds like he was being a frat boy to me. and Perhaps the young ladies did not see it in that light.

SOunds like he paid his debt to society and did not do it again.

Where is the beef.

While I neither condone nor criticize Plummer, I'm pretty sure that the majority of the arrests that people hold against Marshall were prior to his time in the NFL.

Not only that, but he has paid his debt to society and then some... as nearly all of those charges were all by the same woman, and he's been found not guilty... yet he served a suspension, and has also done his fair share of community service.

Where is the beef?

Lonestar
03-30-2010, 08:17 PM
While I neither condone nor criticize Plummer, I'm pretty sure that the majority of the arrests that people hold against Marshall were prior to his time in the NFL.

Not only that, but he has paid his debt to society and then some... as nearly all of those charges were all by the same woman, and he's been found not guilty... yet he served a suspension, and has also done his fair share of community service.

Where is the beef?

The diffference is marshal did not learn from those experiences.

If I had a lady that was constantly getting me in trouble I would learn from that. As soon as he dumped that one he and his fiance were arrested for beaten on each other in ATL.

Outside the very same condo he had wately issues with.

He may someday become a pillar of society but right now he is not worth the guaranteed money he wants. IMHO

arapaho2
03-31-2010, 10:38 AM
The diffference is marshal did not learn from those experiences.

If I had a lady that was constantly getting me in trouble I would learn from that. As soon as he dumped that one he and his fiance were arrested for beaten on each other in ATL.

Outside the very same condo he had wately issues with.

He may someday become a pillar of society but right now he is not worth the guaranteed money he wants. IMHO

obviously you never loved a woman or been in a serious relationship

love makes you stay when you should go...love makes you do things you normally wouldnt

marshall stated he loved her and always tried to make it work out...he was young...he stayed to long with a crazy bitch because he loved her

as for the other incident...your gonna have to show proof that they beat each other?...cause from what i seen the cops said it was a mistake and no charges were filed because nothing happened

T.K.O.
03-31-2010, 11:15 AM

love makes you stay when you should go...love makes you do things you normally wouldnt

marshall stated he loved her and always tried to make it work out...he was young...he stayed to long with a crazy bitch because he loved her

as for the other incident...your gonna have to show proof that they beat each other?...cause from what i seen the cops said it was a mistake and no charges were filed because nothing happened

actually the responding officer witnessed the two "kicking each other" but the charges were later dropped when bm's fiance' refused to press charges.
which is strange because the state does'nt need her to testify in an assault case. but they probably knew without her testimony and the fact that brandon would fight it they would lose the court case anyway.
the other thing was she was seen "kicking " him as well so it would have been tough to get a jury to convict.
i think it was a minor incedent and not worthy of the time and money that would have been spent.
but it does prove marshall is still making bad choices.(or was at that time)
i dont judge people so as long as he flies right from here on out i'm all for him being a bronco !

Northman
03-31-2010, 12:05 PM

Uh, no. The charges were dropped by the fiance. (surprise surprise)

As too his issues since being in the NFL (not including assaulting police officers and so on in college) here is the list in which every year seems to have something new. (shocker there)

On January 1, 2007, Marshall was present at "The Shelter," a nightclub in Denver, Colorado, along with teammates Javon Walker and Darrent Williams. The trio was attending a birthday party held for and by Denver Nuggets forward Kenyon Martin. As the players were leaving the club in a limousine, Williams was fatally shot in the neck after an unknown assailant opened fire on the vehicle. Willie Clark was later charged with the murder.[55] Walker has stated in interviews that the shooter was likely a nightclub patron whose motive was retaliation after being involved in an altercation with Marshall's cousin earlier that night.[56]

On March 26, 2007, Marshall was arrested in the Highlands Ranch suburb of Denver on suspicion of domestic violence after his girlfriend reported that following a domestic dispute, Marshall prevented a taxi she was in from leaving his house.[57] Charges from the incident were later dismissed on May 25, 2007, after Marshall completed anger management counseling.[58]

In the early morning of October 22, 2007, Marshall was arrested in the Denver-Aurora metropolitan area at the intersection of 14th and Blake St. for driving under the influence of alcohol.[59] A trial was scheduled for September 16, but Marshall instead agreed to a plea bargain four days earlier; he pleaded guilty to a reduced charge of driving while ability impaired.[60] He was sentenced to one-year probation and 24 hours of community service.

On June 12, 2008, Marshall was ticketed for an illegal lane change, then found to be without his license and proof of insurance.[61] The case was eventually dropped as part of a plea bargain for the October 22, 2007 driving incident involving alcohol.[60]

According to an article published in the Rocky Mountain News on July 28, 2008, Douglas County deputies fielded "about 11" calls to Marshall's home since January 2006. The article stated that one call resulted in Marshall being arrested (the March 26, 2007 domestic dispute), and some did not involve him at all.[62]

A September 17, 2008 article on CompleteColorado.com stated that the solicitor's office in Fulton County, Georgia filed misdemeanor battery charges on September 10 for an alleged incident on March 4, 2008, in Atlanta, Georgia. Marshall was booked on March 6, then released the next day after posting a $1,000 cash bond.[63] The case was assigned to Judge John Mather in Georgia state court.[64] On August 14, 2009, a jury in Atlanta found Marshall not guilty.[65]

On March 1, 2009, Marshall was arrested in Atlanta for disorderly conduct after allegedly being involved in a fight with his fiancee, Michi Nogami-Campbell. Marshall was released on a $300 bond.[66] The charges were dropped the following day.[67]

arapaho2
03-31-2010, 12:48 PM
Uh, no. The charges were dropped by the fiance. (surprise surprise)

As too his issues since being in the NFL (not including assaulting police officers and so on in college) here is the list in which every year seems to have something new. (shocker there)

OHH GEE LETS TRADE HIM CAUSE HE BLOCKED A CAB FROM LEAVING HIS HOUSING COMPOUND UNTIL HIS CRAZY GF GAVE HIM BACK HIS PERSONAL PROPERTY...wait wasnt every single charge dropped..wasnt he found not guilty of wrong doing by a jury of predominatly women?

wasnt this watly the same gf in every case other then the non issue last year...wasnt she shown to be a loon and lookin for a payday..in fact trying to blackmail marshall?

CoachChaz
03-31-2010, 12:55 PM
I dont think it's necessarily the details of the issues he's been involved in that concern people about Marshall, so much as it is the amount of issues. Big or small, it just always seems like he's involved in something. it gives the valid appearance that he has no personal responsibility for himself and his actions and in today's suspension crazy NFL...that's a legitimate concern. If he was a good boy and didnt have inflated stats...someone would have signed him by now

Lonestar
03-31-2010, 01:16 PM
Just because watley asked for money to go away does not make her the bad guy.

Because they had been togther since 8th grade and I'm just guessing here that he had told her on more than just ONE occasion, It was implied that he was going take care of her.

It is kinda like a jilted lover suing for breach of promise. Although she seems like a phsyco. It is not a stretch to say she may be just another battered woman.

I do not think you can blame it all on her NOR him.

But knowing it happened with his current GF just a few months after his EX is kinda an indicator he is probably the head case all the other incidents that have been documented.

I would have thought that two things would have been a huge wake up call, the hamburgler slip and fall thru the big screen and being an instigator in Darrent death.

But there have been numrous dumb shit episodes since.

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel

Tned
03-31-2010, 01:30 PM

Wasn't the one with the fiance caught on a surveillance tape? Or, maybe I am just getting it confused with the copy seeing it. I could have sworn there was video of one his incidents.

Ravage!!!
03-31-2010, 02:10 PM
Wasn't the one with the fiance caught on a surveillance tape? Or, maybe I am just getting it confused with the copy seeing it. I could have sworn there was video of one his incidents.

I've never read anything about any tape catching any of it.

Lonestar
03-31-2010, 02:15 PM

It was witnessed by the police that filed the charges. Had there been video of it I'm pretty sure they would have prosecuted him and her I'd guess.

But without her testimony they would have been hard pressed to get a conviction. Even with the police as witnesses.

Tned
03-31-2010, 06:02 PM
It was witnessed by the police that filed the charges. Had there been video of it I'm pretty sure they would have prosecuted him and her I'd guess.

But without her testimony they would have been hard pressed to get a conviction. Even with the police as witnesses.

You're probably right. I don't know why I have in my head there was video.

FWIW, I believe they were both initially charged, and they both refused to testify against each other. It wasn't just her refusing to testify against him.

Northman
03-31-2010, 06:16 PM
You're probably right. I don't know why I have in my head there was video.

FWIW, I believe they were both initially charged, and they both refused to testify against each other. It wasn't just her refusing to testify against him.

Your correct.

March 1, 2009: Marshall and his fiancée, Nogami-Campbell, were seen by an off-duty Atlanta police officer arguing outside the same Atlanta condo Marshall once shared with Watley. According to a police report of the incident, the off-duty officer saw Marshall and Nogami-Campbell kicking and punching one another on the sidewalk outside the condo building. The off-duty officer said she saw Marshall grab Nogami-Campbell by the shirt and pin her up against the wall. Nogami-Campbell continued to kick and hit Marshall, the officer said. Both Marshall and Nogami-Campbell were arrested and taken to the Atlanta City Jail. They were released later that same day and charges were dismissed. In a statement to ESPN, the NFL said the incident remains "under review."

But, cant ignore the laundry list.

Oct. 31, 2004: During his junior year at the University of Central Florida, Brandon Marshall faced misdemeanor charges of trespass, resisting arrest without violence, disorderly conduct, refusal to obey and assault on a police officer after an argument with an off-duty Florida Highway Patrol officer turned heated at an Orlando Denny's restaurant. According to the off-duty officer, Marshall, who'd been asked to leave the restaurant for creating a disturbance, accused the officer and the restaurant manager of being "racist," threatened to sue Denny's and the Florida Highway Patrol and said he was "a star and a well-known athlete." Marshall screamed profanities and locked his fists as if he were preparing to strike the officer, according to the report. The charges were later dismissed.

April 8, 2005: Marshall was charged with retail theft, a misdemeanor, after trying to return a stolen set of bed sheets, valued at $19.99, to a Burlington Coat Factory, according to a police report of the incident. The charge was later dropped.

June 17, 2006: Conflicting police reports from Marshall and Rasheedah Watley were filed with the Orange County, Fla., Sheriff's Department. Marshall told police that Watley became violent after seeing him earlier that evening as the object of another woman's affection. Marshall described Watley to police as an old family friend and told police that Watley punched him and scratched his chest after an argument inside the couple's Orlando apartment spiraled out of control. Watley, who filed a police report by phone from Atlanta three days after the incident, told Florida police that Marshall was the aggressor, and that he slapped her in the face, grabbed her by the arms and pushed her to the ground, and that Marshall's sister, London, who was also present during the fight, cut Watley above her eye by throwing a cell phone or remote control at her face. No charges were ever filed.

Dec. 31, 2006: Marshall and several Broncos teammates were present at "The Shelter," a nightclub in Denver's LoDo section, as part of a birthday celebration for Denver Nuggets forward Kenyon Martin. Former Broncos wide receiver Javon Walker later told HBO's "Real Sports" that an argument broke out at the club when Marshall and his cousin sprayed champagne on another club patron and his friend. The men, who argued with Marshall and his cousin, were then asked to leave the club, Walker told HBO. Walker admitted he didn't see the encounter. According to media reports, around closing time, Marshall and his cousin were seen on the sidewalk outside the club arguing with the patrons who had been ejected from the club earlier that night. Walker told HBO that he believes the argument contributed to a drive-by shooting a short time later that killed Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams.

Jan. 24, 2007: Police responded to a parking lot outside an Orlando bowling alley where Marshall and his father had a heated argument. According to a police report of the incident, Frederick Marshall said his son took out a handgun and fired one shot at him after the two men argued. Frederick Marshall, who refused to sign a sworn statement or press charges, said his son left the area after firing the handgun. Several witnesses said they never heard gunshots, according to the police report. While officers spoke with Frederick Marshall that evening, Brandon Marshall returned to the parking lot and provided his own statement. Brandon Marshall told police that his father had asked him for money earlier that night and that when he said "no," Frederick Marshall left the bowling alley in anger, broke a beer bottle on Brandon Marshall's vehicle and then tried to run down Brandon Marshall with his car, forcing him to jump between two vehicles in the parking lot to avoid getting hit, according to the report. Frederick Marshall also threatened to "ruin professional football career," according to the police report. Brandon Marshall also declined to press charges.

March 18, 2007: Atlanta police responded to a domestic dispute call at the Westin Peachtree hotel. Watley told officers that after meeting Marshall at the hotel that night, he became enraged after he went through her cell phone call list and noticed she'd been speaking with an ex-boyfriend. Watley told police Marshall hit her repeatedly with a closed fist. While she refused medical attention, police noticed a large, dark-colored bruise on Watley's chin. Police reported seeing Marshall in the lobby of a neighboring hotel but, according to the report, Marshall left and was not arrested. Police advised Watley to take out a warrant for Marshall's arrest, but Watley never did. No charges were ever filed.

March 21, 2007: Watley filed a report with police in Boca Raton, Fla. Watley and Marshall, who were staying in south Florida with Marshall's uncle, told police that an argument started that night at a local restaurant after Marshall refused to ask Watley to marry him. According to a police report, while Watley was walking home, Marshall grabbed a large pipe from a construction site and hit the ground with it in frustration. Nobody was hurt. Police characterized the incident as a verbal domestic dispute. No charges were filed.

March 26, 2007: Police in Douglas County, Colo., arrested Marshall for false imprisonment and domestic violence. Watley told "Outside the Lines" she was assaulted by Marshall a day earlier at Marshall's suburban Denver home -- she never reported that incident to police -- and that she was attempting to fly back to Atlanta to get away from Marshall. Watley told police she and Marshall argued at the Denver airport and that she later agreed to return to Marshall's home. Watley told police when she attempted to leave Marshall's home a second time, Marshall followed her taxi and, at one point, blocked its path with his Dodge Charger, leapt from his car and punched the taxi cab's windows. When contacted by "Outside the Lines," the cab driver confirmed Watley's version of events. Marshall denied punching the taxi cab's windows and later told police he was only trying to retrieve his cell phone, which he said Watley had taken from him.

May 25, 2007: [b]Charges against Marshall relating to his arrest in Douglas County, Colo., were dismissed after he successfully completed anger management classes.

June 8, 2007: Police responded to Marshall and Watley's Atlanta condo at 5 a.m. and found Watley with a noticeable cut on her right thigh. Watley initially told officers that she accidentally cut herself with a kitchen knife. Watley told the first officer to arrive that while she had argued with Marshall earlier that evening, no physical abuse occurred. Marshall was not present. Roughly an hour later, at 6:07 a.m., police were dispatched to the condo a second time. On this second visit Watley told police that Marshall did indeed cut her thigh with a kitchen knife during a fight earlier that evening and that he later returned to the condo and continued to assault Watley by punching her in the forehead. Watley's friend, Kristeena Spivey, told police that while she was attempting to drive Watley from the condo complex, she noticed Marshall attempting to leave the scene. Spivey, who called 911 to make officers aware of Marshall's whereabouts, said when she attempted to block Marshall's exit from the parking lot with her vehicle, Marshall rammed her car with his Cadillac Escalade and then left his SUV and threw a large rock at the passenger side of Spivey's car. Marshall fled the scene before police arrived, according to Spivey and Watley. Watley was taken to Grady Memorial Hospital for treatment. No charges were ever filed.

June 30, 2007: Atlanta police responded to a fight-in-progress call at Marshall and Watley's condo. Watley told police that a fight broke out after Marshall missed a flight and blamed Watley. Watley told police Marshall struck her with a closed fist and choked her. Watley had a bruise on her left eye and noticeable scratches on her body, according to a police report of the incident. Officers made Watley aware of the procedures to obtain a restraining order. No charges were filed.

Oct. 22, 2007: Hours after defeating the Pittsburgh Steelers, Marshall was cited at 2 a.m. by Denver police for driving under the influence after he was seen driving erratically. His blood-alcohol level was 0.116 (the legal limit for DUI in Colorado is 0.08).

Jan. 18, 2008: Watley obtained a temporary protective order against Marshall in Fulton County (Ga.) Superior Court. At the time, Marshall was forbidden to come within 200 yards of Watley. Watley, through her attorneys, eventually agreed to lift the court order.

Feb. 18, 2008: Watley told "Outside the Lines" that as part of a Valentine's Day present, and in an attempt to repair their relationship, Marshall surprised her with a last-minute trip to San Juan, Puerto Rico. While on that trip, Watley said, Marshall argued with her about an ex-boyfriend. Watley said Marshall assaulted her at San Juan's Condado Plaza Hotel, hitting her in the mouth, which caused her to bleed, and choking her on the bed. A report was filed by police saying officers were called to the hotel to help hotel security escort guests from the property. The report does not mention Watley, Marshall or any details of the incident.

March 4, 2008: Police responded around 9 p.m. to a fight call at Marshall and Watley's Atlanta condo and found Marshall bleeding from his hand. Marshall initially told police that during an argument with Watley, one of Watley's sisters cut him on his hand with a knife. When asked by police who had the knife, Marshall then told officers there was no knife, and that he'd been cut on glass during a fight with Watley. Watley told police that Marshall became upset after finding text messages from an ex-boyfriend on Watley's phone. Watley had several cuts on her lips, according to a police report, and told officers that Marshall had grabbed her by the head and slapped her. While police were interviewing Watley, Marshall fled, according to a report of the incident.

March 5, 2008: Police returned to Marshall and Watley's condo around 1 a.m. Watley and her sister both told police that after the fight earlier that same evening, Marshall returned to the condo, took Watley's purse and threw her personal belongings, including clothing, off of the 20th floor balcony. Police told Watley to leave the residence, but she declined and explained that she feared Marshall would return again once officers left and damage more of her property.

March 5, 2008: Watley obtained her second temporary protective order against Marshall in Fulton County Superior Court. Marshall was once again forbidden by the court order to come within 200 yards of Watley.

May 5, 2008: Atlanta police were called once again to the condo Watley shared for more than a year with Marshall. According to a police report, Watley and Marshall's mother argued about Watley's attempt to remove items from the condo. No charges were filed.

Aug. 5, 2008: The NFL released a statement announcing that Marshall would be suspended without pay for the Broncos' first three regular-season games of 2008 for violating the NFL personal conduct policy. The statement noted that "if Marshall fully complies with required counseling and other conditions of the suspension, Commissioner Goodell will consider reducing the suspension to two games."

Sept. 10, 2008: Marshall was charged with two misdemeanor counts of simple battery as a result of the incident the previous March (his formal bond arraignment was Nov. 3, 2008). Simple battery, according to the Fulton County District Attorney's office, is punishable by up to one year in jail and/or a $1,000 fine.

Sept. 12, 2008: Nearly a year after being cited for DUI in Denver, Marshall pleaded guilty to the lesser offense of driving while ability-impaired. He was sentenced to one year of probation.

Lancane
03-31-2010, 06:22 PM
Your correct.

Oct. 31, 2004: During his junior year at the University of Central Florida, Brandon Marshall faced misdemeanor charges of trespass, resisting arrest without violence, disorderly conduct, refusal to obey and assault on a police officer after an argument with an off-duty Florida Highway Patrol officer turned heated at an Orlando Denny's restaurant. According to the off-duty officer, Marshall, who'd been asked to leave the restaurant for creating a disturbance, accused the officer and the restaurant manager of being "racist," threatened to sue Denny's and the Florida Highway Patrol and said he was "a star and a well-known athlete." Marshall screamed profanities and locked his fists as if he were preparing to strike the officer, according to the report. The charges were later dismissed.

April 8, 2005: Marshall was charged with retail theft, a misdemeanor, after trying to return a stolen set of bed sheets, valued at $19.99, to a Burlington Coat Factory, according to a police report of the incident. The charge was later dropped.

June 17, 2006: Conflicting police reports from Marshall and Rasheedah Watley were filed with the Orange County, Fla., Sheriff's Department. Marshall told police that Watley became violent after seeing him earlier that evening as the object of another woman's affection. Marshall described Watley to police as an old family friend and told police that Watley punched him and scratched his chest after an argument inside the couple's Orlando apartment spiraled out of control. Watley, who filed a police report by phone from Atlanta three days after the incident, told Florida police that Marshall was the aggressor, and that he slapped her in the face, grabbed her by the arms and pushed her to the ground, and that Marshall's sister, London, who was also present during the fight, cut Watley above her eye by throwing a cell phone or remote control at her face. No charges were ever filed.

Dec. 31, 2006: Marshall and several Broncos teammates were present at "The Shelter," a nightclub in Denver's LoDo section, as part of a birthday celebration for Denver Nuggets forward Kenyon Martin. Former Broncos wide receiver Javon Walker later told HBO's "Real Sports" that an argument broke out at the club when Marshall and his cousin sprayed champagne on another club patron and his friend. The men, who argued with Marshall and his cousin, were then asked to leave the club, Walker told HBO. Walker admitted he didn't see the encounter. According to media reports, around closing time, Marshall and his cousin were seen on the sidewalk outside the club arguing with the patrons who had been ejected from the club earlier that night. Walker told HBO that he believes the argument contributed to a drive-by shooting a short time later that killed Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams.

Jan. 24, 2007: Police responded to a parking lot outside an Orlando bowling alley where Marshall and his father had a heated argument. According to a police report of the incident, Frederick Marshall said his son took out a handgun and fired one shot at him after the two men argued. Frederick Marshall, who refused to sign a sworn statement or press charges, said his son left the area after firing the handgun. Several witnesses said they never heard gunshots, according to the police report. While officers spoke with Frederick Marshall that evening, Brandon Marshall returned to the parking lot and provided his own statement. Brandon Marshall told police that his father had asked him for money earlier that night and that when he said "no," Frederick Marshall left the bowling alley in anger, broke a beer bottle on Brandon Marshall's vehicle and then tried to run down Brandon Marshall with his car, forcing him to jump between two vehicles in the parking lot to avoid getting hit, according to the report. Frederick Marshall also threatened to "ruin professional football career," according to the police report. Brandon Marshall also declined to press charges.

March 18, 2007: Atlanta police responded to a domestic dispute call at the Westin Peachtree hotel. Watley told officers that after meeting Marshall at the hotel that night, he became enraged after he went through her cell phone call list and noticed she'd been speaking with an ex-boyfriend. Watley told police Marshall hit her repeatedly with a closed fist. While she refused medical attention, police noticed a large, dark-colored bruise on Watley's chin. Police reported seeing Marshall in the lobby of a neighboring hotel but, according to the report, Marshall left and was not arrested. Police advised Watley to take out a warrant for Marshall's arrest, but Watley never did. No charges were ever filed.

March 21, 2007: Watley filed a report with police in Boca Raton, Fla. Watley and Marshall, who were staying in south Florida with Marshall's uncle, told police that an argument started that night at a local restaurant after Marshall refused to ask Watley to marry him. According to a police report, while Watley was walking home, Marshall grabbed a large pipe from a construction site and hit the ground with it in frustration. Nobody was hurt. Police characterized the incident as a verbal domestic dispute. No charges were filed.

March 26, 2007: Police in Douglas County, Colo., arrested Marshall for false imprisonment and domestic violence. Watley told "Outside the Lines" she was assaulted by Marshall a day earlier at Marshall's suburban Denver home -- she never reported that incident to police -- and that she was attempting to fly back to Atlanta to get away from Marshall. Watley told police she and Marshall argued at the Denver airport and that she later agreed to return to Marshall's home. Watley told police when she attempted to leave Marshall's home a second time, Marshall followed her taxi and, at one point, blocked its path with his Dodge Charger, leapt from his car and punched the taxi cab's windows. When contacted by "Outside the Lines," the cab driver confirmed Watley's version of events. Marshall denied punching the taxi cab's windows and later told police he was only trying to retrieve his cell phone, which he said Watley had taken from him.

May 25, 2007: [b]Charges against Marshall relating to his arrest in Douglas County, Colo., were dismissed after he successfully completed anger management classes.

June 8, 2007: Police responded to Marshall and Watley's Atlanta condo at 5 a.m. and found Watley with a noticeable cut on her right thigh. Watley initially told officers that she accidentally cut herself with a kitchen knife. Watley told the first officer to arrive that while she had argued with Marshall earlier that evening, no physical abuse occurred. Marshall was not present. Roughly an hour later, at 6:07 a.m., police were dispatched to the condo a second time. On this second visit Watley told police that Marshall did indeed cut her thigh with a kitchen knife during a fight earlier that evening and that he later returned to the condo and continued to assault Watley by punching her in the forehead. Watley's friend, Kristeena Spivey, told police that while she was attempting to drive Watley from the condo complex, she noticed Marshall attempting to leave the scene. Spivey, who called 911 to make officers aware of Marshall's whereabouts, said when she attempted to block Marshall's exit from the parking lot with her vehicle, Marshall rammed her car with his Cadillac Escalade and then left his SUV and threw a large rock at the passenger side of Spivey's car. Marshall fled the scene before police arrived, according to Spivey and Watley. Watley was taken to Grady Memorial Hospital for treatment. No charges were ever filed.

June 30, 2007: Atlanta police responded to a fight-in-progress call at Marshall and Watley's condo. Watley told police that a fight broke out after Marshall missed a flight and blamed Watley. Watley told police Marshall struck her with a closed fist and choked her. Watley had a bruise on her left eye and noticeable scratches on her body, according to a police report of the incident. Officers made Watley aware of the procedures to obtain a restraining order. No charges were filed.

Oct. 22, 2007: Hours after defeating the Pittsburgh Steelers, Marshall was cited at 2 a.m. by Denver police for driving under the influence after he was seen driving erratically. His blood-alcohol level was 0.116 (the legal limit for DUI in Colorado is 0.08).

Jan. 18, 2008: Watley obtained a temporary protective order against Marshall in Fulton County (Ga.) Superior Court. At the time, Marshall was forbidden to come within 200 yards of Watley. Watley, through her attorneys, eventually agreed to lift the court order.

Feb. 18, 2008: Watley told "Outside the Lines" that as part of a Valentine's Day present, and in an attempt to repair their relationship, Marshall surprised her with a last-minute trip to San Juan, Puerto Rico. While on that trip, Watley said, Marshall argued with her about an ex-boyfriend. Watley said Marshall assaulted her at San Juan's Condado Plaza Hotel, hitting her in the mouth, which caused her to bleed, and choking her on the bed. A report was filed by police saying officers were called to the hotel to help hotel security escort guests from the property. The report does not mention Watley, Marshall or any details of the incident.

March 4, 2008: Police responded around 9 p.m. to a fight call at Marshall and Watley's Atlanta condo and found Marshall bleeding from his hand. Marshall initially told police that during an argument with Watley, one of Watley's sisters cut him on his hand with a knife. When asked by police who had the knife, Marshall then told officers there was no knife, and that he'd been cut on glass during a fight with Watley. Watley told police that Marshall became upset after finding text messages from an ex-boyfriend on Watley's phone. Watley had several cuts on her lips, according to a police report, and told officers that Marshall had grabbed her by the head and slapped her. While police were interviewing Watley, Marshall fled, according to a report of the incident.

March 5, 2008: Police returned to Marshall and Watley's condo around 1 a.m. Watley and her sister both told police that after the fight earlier that same evening, Marshall returned to the condo, took Watley's purse and threw her personal belongings, including clothing, off of the 20th floor balcony. Police told Watley to leave the residence, but she declined and explained that she feared Marshall would return again once officers left and damage more of her property.

March 5, 2008: Watley obtained her second temporary protective order against Marshall in Fulton County Superior Court. Marshall was once again forbidden by the court order to come within 200 yards of Watley.

May 5, 2008: Atlanta police were called once again to the condo Watley shared for more than a year with Marshall. According to a police report, Watley and Marshall's mother argued about Watley's attempt to remove items from the condo. No charges were filed.

Aug. 5, 2008: The NFL released a statement announcing that Marshall would be suspended without pay for the Broncos' first three regular-season games of 2008 for violating the NFL personal conduct policy. The statement noted that "if Marshall fully complies with required counseling and other conditions of the suspension, Commissioner Goodell will consider reducing the suspension to two games."

Sept. 10, 2008: Marshall was charged with two misdemeanor counts of simple battery as a result of the incident the previous March (his formal bond arraignment was Nov. 3, 2008). Simple battery, according to the Fulton County District Attorney's office, is punishable by up to one year in jail and/or a $1,000 fine.

Sept. 12, 2008: Nearly a year after being cited for DUI in Denver, Marshall pleaded guilty to the lesser offense of driving while ability-impaired. He was sentenced to one year of probation.

Wrong! We as rational beings can ignore whatever we wish to, or vice-versa...just as some tend to ignore that Lewis murdered someone and so on. Some will, some will not.

Northman
03-31-2010, 06:26 PM
Wrong! We as rational beings can ignore whatever we wish to, or vice-versa...just as some tend to ignore that Lewis murdered someone and so on. Some will, some will not.

Well, i dont think its really rational to ignore that many incidents but i do get your drift. If i were you though i would probably word it something like this.

Wrong! We as blind as a bat beings can ignore whatever we wish to, or vice-versa...just as some tend to ignore that Lewis maybe murdered someone and so on. Some will, some will not.

:lol:

Lancane
03-31-2010, 06:31 PM
Well, i dont think its really rational to ignore that many incidents but i do get your drift. If i were you though i would probably word it something like this.

:lol:

Smartass! :laugh:

Tned
03-31-2010, 06:44 PM
Your correct.

It's a nice list, and I guess everyone will get out of it what fits their preconceptions.

Almost your entire list is made up of incidents with Watley, which none of us know whether is any shred of truth to her claims. Same with his father. As to the unfortunate incident on New Years Eve, that was not a crime, that was murder committed by a gang banger. You have to really reach to blame Marshall for that.

I don't know what happened with Watley, or his current fiance for that matter. We don't know if the women are crazy violent, or if Marshall is or a little of both. As I don't presume to have divine powers, I won't claim to know if he is a scum bag, beater of women, or a guy that is immature and not smart enough to cut lose of a crazy woman from his past.

EMB6903
03-31-2010, 06:58 PM
Dont know what happened in those previous arrests and I dont care, Hes been able to stay on the field for the majority of the time hes become a starter along with being extremely productive.

I know there are people that take this fandom crap way too serious. They want to judge a player on not how they perform on the field but how they act off it, but thats not me. As long as you are able to keep yourself on the field I give two craps how you act off it.

Northman
It's a nice list, and I guess everyone will get out of it what fits their preconceptions.

Almost your entire list is made up of incidents with Watley, which none of us know whether is any shred of truth to her claims. Same with his father. As to the unfortunate incident on New Years Eve, that was not a crime, that was murder committed by a gang banger. You have to really reach to blame Marshall for that.

I don't know what happened with Watley, or his current fiance for that matter. We don't know if the women are crazy violent, or if Marshall is or a little of both. As I don't presume to have divine powers, I won't claim to know if he is a scum bag, beater of women, or a guy that is immature and not smart enough to cut lose of a crazy woman from his past.

Well, on Whatley:

I have no doubt she is a gold digger. But i also have no doubt (imo) that Marshall is a physical abuser. A lot of the charges didnt stick for one reason or the other but the reports of what was seen at the crimes tells me the guy is out of control. And with the anger management required in some of those cases i just cant simply shrug it off. My theory is Whatley became involved with Marshall and got a early sense of Marshall's anger and probably did whatever she could to get him to the breaking point where he caused physical harm on her. As time went on i think she decided that he was eventually going to get a nice check and tried to extort and blackmail him for money thinking that she would win over with that kind of logic. But in hindsight it backfired in her face. Im sure during that time she did her fair share of fist throwing and scratching but again i still believe that Marshall is equally to blame if not more for being a man.

As to Williams:

This wont be popular but then again nothing i say ever is. Do i think Marshall pulled the trigger? Absolutely not. Do i think he directly caused the drama? No. But i do think he is guilty by association by hanging with the wrong element including his cousin who thought it ok to spray champagne on the crowd in the club. But i also think it didnt help Darrent that he tried to emmulate the thug lifestyle so i dont hang the majority of that incident on Brandon. But im sure the whole ordeal didnt help the tragedy of that night.

I think it was said a couple of years ago that Brandon kind of needed to separate himself from his family and friends (the exact ones i dont know) because they were not helping his cause. He's made some very bad choices in the last few years but the part that bother's most of us is the him proclaiming to be learning from these experiences and then doing something else that shows he isnt.

Northman
Dont know what happened in those previous arrests and I dont care, Hes been able to stay on the field for the majority of the time hes become a starter along with being extremely productive.

I know there are people that take this fandom way too serious. They want to judge a player on not how they perform on the field but how they act off it, but thats not me. As long as you are able to keep yourself on the field I give two craps how you act off it.

Yea, we know. Touching.

EMB6903
03-31-2010, 07:00 PM
Yea, we know. Touching.

umm... excuse me what was that?