PDA

View Full Version : Woody Paige Quoted Me in the POST

WARHORSE
03-28-2010, 03:52 AM
Or should I say, MISquoted me. heh heh

Its all good though. I posted a thread in here titled "Youre gonna love this"

I sent it to Woodrow, and he posted it up but got some parts wrong.

Anyways, I commented on it, and its all good.

heh heh

Im fired up.

Makin B R O N C O S news all the way from a hammock in the islands........

.....the women will be fallin at my feet huh? HUH???;)

Im tellin my wife shes lucky I love the gal...........

Paige: New song, dance for Q

Come all without, come all within, you'll not see nothing like The Mighty Quinn. — Bob Dylan
The Mighty Quinn or a mediocre Quinn?
Another great quarterback named Brady or just another kid from the Brady Bunch?
Another world-class quarterback out of Notre Dame (Joe Montana) or another Fighting Irish bust (Rick Mirer)?
Well, I guess we'll all see, Bob, and Josh.

But wouldn't it be lovely if Brady Quinn became a star quarterback, someday took the Broncos to the AFC championship in Cleveland, orchestrated a 98-yard touchdown drive in the final seconds of regulation for the tie, then directed an overtime victory?
Coach Josh McDaniels was asked by The Post the other day if Kyle Orton still was the Broncos' No. 1 quarterback after the acquisition of Quinn.
"Yep. No question," he replied.

What did you expect the coach to say? "Nope. Quinn's our main man. Orton drops to No. 2."
It's March, and neither the O or the Q has thrown a pass in anger — or minicamp. Ask Mac again in August, November or 2011 (when Orton becomes an unrestricted free agent).
Yep, there is a question about Quinn and Orton.

Quinn will become the Broncos' fifth quarterback who played at Notre Dame. Frank Tripucka was the first (42 starts beginning with the team's inaugural game in 1960. The others were Steve Beuerlein (five starts), Jarious Jackson (one) and Ken Karcher (three replacement player games). Karcher played one game at Notre Dame before transferring to Tulane.
Quinn, who was chosen No. 22 overall in 2007, will be the Broncos' most prominent former first-round pick since, uh, Jay Cutler (11th in 2006). Elway was selected No. 1 overall in 1983 by the Baltimore Colts. The Broncos drafted Tommy Maddox at No. 25 in 1992.

First-round draft choices of other teams who came to the Broncos were Tripucka, Craig Morton, Don Horn, Chris Miller, Pat Ramsey and George H. Shaw.
So, will Quinn be like Elway or Morton (Super Bowl quarterbacks) or Miller or Shaw (one season and out)? Or someone in between?
Quinn has the college pedigree. He threw for 9,931 yards and 86 touchdowns as a four-year starter. Notre Dame won 19 and lost six in his last two years — and scored 40 points or more 13 times, 30-plus in 20 games. He won the Johnny Unitas Award as the nation's top quarterback and finished third in the Heisman balloting. He was expected to be picked as high as second, but fell to 22.
He has a strong arm. He has leadership qualities. He's smart and tough — and can run some.

In his first NFL start, against the Broncos in 2008, Quinn looked very good, completing 23-of-35 for 239 yards and two touchdowns (without an interception), but Cutler brought the Broncos back with three touchdowns in a 34-30 victory. The next week in Buffalo, Quinn earned his first pro victory but broke a finger and finished the season on injured reserve.

However . . .
Quinn is an erratic passer (52.1 percent in 14 games), holds onto the ball too long in the pocket and has a lousy yards-per-attempt (5.39), with 10 touchdowns and nine interceptions.
He threw for 271 and 304 yards in two games last year, but lost both, and had only 34 and 99 yards passing, with three interceptions, in two defeats to the Ravens. And he looked bad in the Browns' 27-6 loss in Denver. He is 3-9 as a starter.
The Browns had little faith in Quinn, and new president Mike Holmgren, who knows quarterbacks, jettisoned him for a seldom- used running back and two future late-round picks.

Quinn, though, played for a miserable team and might not have received the best of coaching with the Browns, according to a reader of The Post, Dale Wemple. Cleveland head coaches Romeo Crennel and Eric Mangini always have been defensive coaches. Wemple points out that Crennel hired Rob Chudzinski, who had never coached a quarterback, as his offensive coordinator; and Mangini brought Brian Daboll with him to the Browns. Daboll had been a wide receivers assistant before becoming coordinator with the Jets. He worked with Chad Pennington, then Brett Favre, who had, Wemple argues, "terrible" seasons.
"The point is, Brady never really had (in the NFL) anyone with real quarterback experience around him. I think McD will help this kid out," Wemple ended his e-mail.
QB Quinn has a fresh chance in life.

And we have a fresh quarterback controversy, as Bob Dylan would say, blowin' in the wind.

Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_14771866#ixzz0jSYlbx5v

shank
03-28-2010, 04:11 AM
wate, wut?

NightTrainLayne
03-28-2010, 09:06 AM
I never would have figured your last name for Wemple Warhorse. :D

I can't believe you got Woody to actually contemplate that possibility. Way to go.

shank
03-28-2010, 11:11 AM
oic nao

DenBronx
03-28-2010, 11:34 AM
good job war!

maybe you will be working at the post someday.

WARHORSE
03-28-2010, 12:03 PM
I never would have figured your last name for Wemple Warhorse. :D

I can't believe you got Woody to actually contemplate that possibility. Way to go.

Me neither.

And he still quoted me.....:salute:

WARHORSE
03-28-2010, 12:04 PM
good job war!

maybe you will be working at the post someday.

Sanitation engineer openings?:beer:

Ziggy
03-28-2010, 04:20 PM
Good job War. Getting Woody to listen to something positive about the Broncos in the McDaniels era is a feat unto itself. Could you start working on some of the Broncosforums faithful now?

Broncolingus
03-28-2010, 06:46 PM
My mom went to HS with Woodrow...

...she said he was a wenis back then too.

weazel
03-29-2010, 05:11 PM
With the name Warhorse, I always imagined a fairly big burly guy. But now I know your name is Wemple and all I can picture is the old dude from the "don't squeeze the Charmin" commercials.

WARHORSE
03-29-2010, 06:39 PM
With the name Warhorse, I always imagined a fairly big burly guy. But now I know your name is Wemple and all I can picture is the old dude from the "don't squeeze the Charmin" commercials.

Well, youre right on a number of counts. If 6'4" 315 is big and burly to you, then Im big and burly.

And while I dont think Im old, I would definitely qualify as 'experienced'.

And lastly, I definitely like sqeezin the Charmin, just not the Charmin on the old commercials. More like Mrs. Warhorse's Charmin.

Now, with a name like Weazel...............:coffee:

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
03-29-2010, 06:50 PM
Well, youre right on a number of counts. If 6'4" 315 is big and burly to you, then Im big and burly.

And lastly, I definitely like sqeezin the Charmin, just not the Charmin on the old commercials. More like Mrs. Warhorse's Charmin.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff291/MajorIsoor/Misc/Owned.jpg

Kaylore
03-30-2010, 07:33 AM
Well done "Dale!" :D I definitely think Quinn will progress more here than he did in Cleveland. I however find him to be a girly-man and don't expect him to do much. Of course considering Simms had one decent pre-season game against the Niners' fourth string and had people believing he was "the answer," I can only imagine what Broncos land will look like after Quinn throws his first TD.

WARHORSE
03-30-2010, 11:58 AM
Well done "Dale!" :D I definitely think Quinn will progress more here than he did in Cleveland. I however find him to be a girly-man and don't expect him to do much. Of course considering Simms had one decent pre-season game against the Niners' fourth string and had people believing he was "the answer," I can only imagine what Broncos land will look like after Quinn throws his first TD.

Thanks. It kinda tells you how desperate Woody is, huh? heh heh

You may very well be right Kaylore.

I hope not though.

He played a good game against SD last year as well, looked good.

I think that he thrives in the short passing that Josh hangs his hat on, and his mobility gives us an extra weapon that McD used in Cassell very effectively as the season wore on in NE two years ago. He also can throw a better deep ball than Kyle.

I remember the game that we played two years ago against Quinn in his first start. The thing that hit me immediately is he got rid of the ball right away.

I truly beleive that Quinns best football is ahead of him, and I think this system fits his strengths to a T. Also, he has shown very good ability at running the no huddle and finishing with scores.

He has real WRs here, and when Winslow was in Cleveland, Brady took advantage of him the little time they had together.

In the end, we have nothing to lose. I love this trade.

At a minimum, I think theres no way Quinn doesnt prove to be at least a very capable backup........something we did not have last year.

If Kyle goes down with another ankle injury.....is there anyone in Bronco Nation that doesnt feel a huge sigh of relief when we look to the bench and see Quinn there instead of Simms after last years appearances by him?

It is my opinion that Quinn may not supplant Orton right away, but he will improve and be different than what we've seen of him.

weazel
03-30-2010, 01:40 PM

6'4" - 315...

are you Samoan, War?

WARHORSE
03-30-2010, 03:17 PM
6'4" - 315...

are you Samoan, War?

Actually Im Bronco.;)

WARHORSE
03-30-2010, 03:17 PM
Half.

Moms full Samoan, Dad is Greek..............

A Celtic Samoan? ;)

Samoan Spartan?

heh heh

weazel
03-31-2010, 11:46 AM
Half.

Moms full Samoan, Dad is Greek..............

A Celtic Samoan? ;)

Samoan Spartan?

heh heh

Celtic Samoan, I like that.

weazel
04-01-2010, 11:24 AM

I think we found our NT