View Full Version : Broncos' draft order set

Lonestar
03-26-2010, 11:03 PM
Broncos' draft order set
By Lindsay H. Jones
The Denver Post
POSTED: 03/24/2010 05:57:18 PM MDT
UPDATED: 03/24/2010 06:00:20 PM MDT

The NFL released the full seven-round draft order today.

The Broncos have six picks, including the No. 11 (in the first round) and No. 45 (in second round) picks. Their other selections are No. 80, No. 114, No. 184 and No. 220.

The Broncos do not have a fifth-round pick. They sent that pick to Detroit during the 2009 draft as part of the deal the Broncos made to move up to take quarterback Tom Brandstater at the top of the sixth round. Detroit has since sent that pick (No. 146) to Cleveland.

Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_14751359?source=rsssimplepiebroncos#ixzz0jLX9fO hS

Nomad
03-27-2010, 08:08 AM
I would say again they need to push the draft to 1st weekend in April ! I understand the FA thing and workouts but it's slowed to a crawl and I believe a month is plenty of time for teams to decide!

Lonestar
03-27-2010, 09:41 AM
I think they like that this way because it gives them a couple of chances during OTAs to see how players look after the off season.

If someone has bulked up or is totally out of condition. Perhaps how those on IR have responded to treatment.

Must be good reason other than to piss off all the axnious fans. :laugh:

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel

Nomad
03-27-2010, 11:05 AM
I think they like that this way because it gives them a couple of chances during OTAs to see how players look after the off season.

If someone has bulked up or is totally out of condition. Perhaps how those on IR have responded to treatment.

Must be good reason other than to piss off all the axnious fans. :laugh:

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel

I guess I am impatient!:D

OrangeHoof
03-27-2010, 01:08 PM
I'm already pissed off that they have moved this to two weeknights plus a Saturday. I loved the Saturday-Sunday thing where it was three rounds the first day and four the second day and you even had the nomenclature of being a "first day pick" or a "second day pick" which neatly separated the guys who *should* make the team from the guys who just hope to make the team.

I can't take two nights off of work to watch this and then they're not even halfway finished. They're pissing on the true fans in order to please the casual know-nothing fans.

TXBRONC
03-27-2010, 01:15 PM
I'm already pissed off that they have moved this to two weeknights plus a Saturday. I loved the Saturday-Sunday thing where it was three rounds the first day and four the second day and you even had the nomenclature of being a "first day pick" or a "second day pick" which neatly separated the guys who *should* make the team from the guys who just hope to make the team.

I can't take two nights off of work to watch this and then they're not even halfway finished. They're pissing on the true fans in order to please the casual know-nothing fans.

So what are the dates of the draft? I was planning on DVRing it.

rcsodak
03-27-2010, 01:17 PM

If you were a "true fan", you'd have DVR. :coffee:

:D

Lonestar
03-27-2010, 02:55 PM
So what are the dates of the draft? I was planning on DVRing it.

IIRC apr 22 on NFL network for round one and then on NFL and ESPN on friday the 23rd and 24th.

I've asked Tend to put up a countdown clock for the draft.

OrangeHoof
03-27-2010, 02:55 PM
I have DVR but why waste it when the only part you are truly interested in is when your own team is on the clock? Sure there are alumni I'll be tracking and it will interesting to see who the division rivals take but, for the most part, I'm recording three hours of talking heads to wade through the small segment that applies to the Broncos.

OrangeHoof
03-27-2010, 02:59 PM
IIRC apr 22 on NFL network for round one and then on NFL and ESPN on friday the 23rd and 24th.

I've asked Tend to put up a countdown clock for the draft.

You mean to say that the first round is only available on NFL network? That sucks even worse. Damn you, Goodell. :mad:

Lonestar
03-27-2010, 03:02 PM
You mean to say that the first round is only available on NFL network? That sucks even worse. Damn you, Goodell. :mad: IT is an exclusive for the first round on NFL.

I suspect in a few years that the whole draft will be NFLN only.

OrangeHoof
03-27-2010, 03:13 PM
Back when I was in college in the 1970s (before things like ESPN or sports radio), you found out who was drafted by the AP news wire. And after the first few picks, AP only gave you a summary once the round was over (team, name, position, college) and that was it. You waited for the morning paper the next day to tell you who these guys were they drafted if you didn't recognize the name (which was usually the case with linemen and players from smaller schools).

We've come a long way and yet Goodell decides to get regressive for the sake of this channel he still can't sell to have the cable outlets in the country. Pathetic.

Lonestar
03-27-2010, 03:52 PM
Back when I was in college in the 1970s (before things like ESPN or sports radio), you found out who was drafted by the AP news wire. And after the first few picks, AP only gave you a summary once the round was over (team, name, position, college) and that was it. You waited for the morning paper the next day to tell you who these guys were they drafted if you didn't recognize the name (which was usually the case with linemen and players from smaller schools).

We've come a long way and yet Goodell decides to get regressive for the sake of this channel he still can't sell to have the cable outlets in the country. Pathetic.

It is not Goodell but the OWners of the league that are restricting YOU from this info.

The owners OWN NFLN.

They are controlling their product If I had a billion invested in my team I'd be doing the same thing.

frauschieze
03-27-2010, 04:31 PM
O. MG. First round is ONLY on NFLN?

Between this and changing it to a Thursday night (I would have been okay with a Fri/Sat/Sun draft), the NFL has completely screwed with my traditional draft day party. As a measure to increase ratings, I desprately hope it fails. This set up is ridiculous.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
03-27-2010, 04:39 PM
I'm going to Lonie Paxton's fundraiser draft party.

http://prolinksports.blogspot.com/2010/03/lonie-paxton-of-denver-broncos-to-host.html

Lancane
03-27-2010, 05:12 PM
IT is an exclusive for the first round on NFL.

I suspect in a few years that the whole draft will be NFLN only.

The NFLN is more then likely to grow exponentially, with the talks about the purchase of another possible farm league, the possibility of airing some Canadian football games, the arena league which they already plan on airing, as well as some college game programming and the NFLN's plan to eventually air more league games; I feel that here soon that we will see another NFLN network channel - AI NFLN Classic, NFLN and NFLN 2, and you are probably dead on that more and more will be aired only on the network channels.

OrangeHoof
03-28-2010, 03:46 PM
I've tried to verify online that the NFL Network is showing Thursday night's part of the draft exclusively (meaning no ESPN, etc.) and have been unable to. Can anyone produce a link where it says NFLN *alone* has rights to that night's broadcast?

I've check the draft pages and tv listings for ESPN and NFLN but I can't find anywhere that NFLN will have exclusive rights or that ESPN is showing alternative programing that night.

I'm not sure why ESPN would agree to televise rounds 2-7 but not the first.