PDA

View Full Version : Official NBA Playoffs Thread

Pages : [1] 2

honz
04-09-2008, 05:17 PM
Let's talk some serious playoff basketball in a respectful manner in here...keep the trash talking friendly in tone.:shakehands:

*stops sucking up to the mods*

Anyways, I am a Jazz fan and I am getting really pumped up for the playoffs to start here in a couple of weeks. I really think the Jazz have a shot of winning it all this year. They are dominant at home and their road woes are blown out of proportion...as the Jazz like to play down to their opponent and lose to crappy teams on the road. I will start growing my playoff beard as soon as the regular season ends for good luck and won't shave it until they are eliminated....or win it all!:elefant:

Come on and pimp your teams until the seeding gets figured out and we can start talking matchups and stuff.

BroncoBJ
04-09-2008, 05:25 PM
I'm a Celtics fan And I'm ready for some playoff basketball. :elefant:

honz
04-09-2008, 05:29 PM
In response to the Jazz being boring...

This is so not true. This is an old myth that dates back to the Stockton and Malone days. This year, the Jazz are 2nd in offensive efficiency(points per possession), play at the 9th fastest pace in the league, and are 5th in PPG.

The Jazz look to run at every opportunity, but Deron Williams is a smart point guard and will set up the offense if nothing is there. They don't just chuck up long jump shots with 20 seconds left on the shot clock like the Nuggets do, but they like to get out on the run and get easy baskets.

Escobar
04-09-2008, 06:19 PM
I'm a Celtics fan And I'm ready for some playoff basketball. :elefant:

lol.....just like you were a boston fan last year yet you claim to be a ''diehard'' yank fan.........

My suns play the AARP spurs tonight......i expect a clean victory.....(maybe not if the refs decide to give the game to them ..... again)

BroncoBJ
04-09-2008, 06:38 PM
lol.....just like you were a boston fan last year yet you claim to be a ''diehard'' yank fan.........

My suns play the AARP spurs tonight......i expect a clean victory.....(maybe not if the refs decide to give the game to them ..... again)

:lol: Naw I hate boston. And last year I never claimed to be a Boston fan.
My sig was mocking someone else because they put Redsox nation or something so I mocked them and put Gagne as my adoptee.
Trust me.. I've been a Yankees fan forever. :elefant:

Retired_Member_001
04-09-2008, 06:41 PM
Lakers fan here.

I'm excited because the playoffs will be where I us Laker fans get to see a Fisher - Bryant - Odom - Gasol - Bynum lineup for the first time. We've had a season plagued with injuries (and Fisher and Bryant are both playing badly hurt as well) but hopefully everyone gets back for the playoffs.

I'm hoping for an NBA Finals where the Lakers beat the Celtics 4-2.

honz
04-09-2008, 07:05 PM
Lakers fan here.

I'm excited because the playoffs will be where I us Laker fans get to see a Fisher - Bryant - Odom - Gasol - Bynum lineup for the first time. We've had a season plagued with injuries (and Fisher and Bryant are both playing badly hurt as well) but hopefully everyone gets back for the playoffs.

I'm hoping for an NBA Finals where the Lakers beat the Celtics 4-2.
That is a good point. The Lakers have not been fully healthy at all this year, except for the first few months or so. Even if Bynum comes back, though, he won't be at 100% for a good while after he starts playing. Plus, Odom has been flourishing at the 4 spot and he will have to move back to the 3 where he wasn't doing so hot before Bynum got hurt.

Nonetheless, the Lakers will be a tough matchup for anyone in the playoffs and are a definite contender.

Escobar
04-09-2008, 11:32 PM
well well well.........look what my suns did to the AARP spurs....... :cool:

BroncoBJ
04-09-2008, 11:41 PM
well well well.........look what my suns did to the AARP spurs....... :cool:

Was it a playoff win? It don't really matter what the Suns did. Its not the real season. :salute: :elefant:

Escobar
04-09-2008, 11:44 PM
Was it a playoff win? It don't really matter what the Suns did. Its not the real season. :salute: :elefant:

hahah you got me.....but playoff postioning is still at stake......suns can still get number 1 seed......not likely but still......hopefully we'll win the pacific, the lakers have a hard schedule down the stretch here

you guys have a BIG game tomorrow......i think it will determine the 8th seed.

BroncoBJ
04-09-2008, 11:50 PM
Yea I agree. It sucks its on the road. But the loser will more then likely be the team watching the playoffs from the couch.

It should be a great battle between 2 pathetic teams. :elefant:

Escobar
04-11-2008, 02:00 PM
Suns at houston......nothing at stake but playoff positioning again.....and i wouldn't mind playing houston in the first round ....

honz
04-13-2008, 07:56 PM
WOW! The Western Conference is so crazy this year. Today, the Spurs were fighting for a shot at the 1st seed, but they could end up being the 6th seed if they lose another game and PHX wins out.

The Jazz can still snag the 3rd seed if they win out and Houston loses one more game. Houston could be anywhere from the 1st seed to the sixth seed still. GS will control their own destiny if the Nuggets lose tonight. There are so many crazy scenarios that could play out in the west. It will be fun to see how everything plays out.

Escobar
04-13-2008, 08:00 PM
Indeed, i see the spurs losing to the jazz too....hopefully the suns stay at six and the hornets drop to 3rd.

BroncoBJ
04-13-2008, 10:53 PM
Indeed, i see the spurs losing to the jazz too....hopefully the suns stay at six and the hornets drop to 3rd.

Does it really matter who the Suns play? No team is on the same level as they are anyways so no matter who they play it will be over in 4 games. :elefant:

honz
04-13-2008, 11:07 PM
The Jazz now control their own destiny! If the Jazz beat the Rockets at home (book it...it won't even be close) and beat the Spurs in SA (this one may be tough, although Ginobili might still be out) the Jazz will have the 3rd seed with HCA in the 1st round! Thank you Nuggets!:salute:

GO JAZZ!

Escobar
04-14-2008, 12:11 AM
The Jazz now control their own destiny! If the Jazz beat the Rockets at home (book it...it won't even be close) and beat the Spurs in SA (this one may be tough, although Ginobili might still be out) the Jazz will have the 3rd seed with HCA in the 1st round! Thank you Nuggets!:salute:

GO JAZZ!

nooooo

Hopefully someone beats you :lol:

i want hornets :D

honz
04-14-2008, 01:02 AM
I can understand why. The Hornets have looked very fragile when they get into physical games with high intensity.

BOSSHOGG30
04-14-2008, 08:53 AM
Go Sixers!

MOtorboat
04-14-2008, 10:11 PM
Well, Philadelphia got seriously screwed tonight.

That was the worst bit of refereeing I've ever seen. You cannot call a foul on the replay.

If I was a Sixers' fan I'd be pissed.

BOSSHOGG30
04-14-2008, 10:27 PM
Well, Philadelphia got seriously screwed tonight.

That was the worst bit of refereeing I've ever seen. You cannot call a foul on the replay.

If I was a Sixers' fan I'd be pissed.

How in the heck can you make a call like that. At the end of the game! You call a foul with .2 seconds left on a scramble for the ball after a block shot! Horse shit... Fixed! All hail King James and shit on the Sixers..........

Thank god for Boston for beating the other Cleveland team...gotta love Cleveland's closer and Man Ram!

MOtorboat
04-14-2008, 10:29 PM
How in the heck can you make a call like that. At the end of the game! You call a foul with .2 seconds left on a scramble for the ball after a block shot! Horse shit... Fixed! All hail King James and shit on the Sixers..........

Thank god for Boston for beating the other Cleveland team...gotta love Cleveland's closer and Man Ram!

And...they went to the monitor before calling it. That was bad.

BOSSHOGG30
04-14-2008, 10:30 PM
And...they went to the monitor before calling it. That was bad.

I still can't believe it.... wow, If I was at that game, I might of been part of an angry mob. Would you of bailed me out of jail MO?

MOtorboat
04-14-2008, 10:31 PM
I still can't believe it.... wow, If I was at that game, I might of been part of an angry mob. Would you of bailed me out of jail MO?

They would have had to bail us both out. So...no...

BroncoBJ
04-14-2008, 11:32 PM
I'm ready for the playoffs now :elefant: :salute:

Escobar
04-15-2008, 12:17 AM
I'm ready for the playoffs now :elefant: :salute:

goodluck .........

i say the lakers take it in 5 games...

don't give me your homerism saying the nuggets will win......naaa

honz
04-15-2008, 12:43 AM
goodluck .........

The Nugs can still get the 7th seed if they win their last game and Dallas loses to NO on wednesday. If that happens, Denver and Dallas would both have 32 losses and Denver won the season series 2-1 over the Mavs. That would set up Mavs-Lakers and Nugs-Hornets matchups in the 1st round...unless of course the Lakers lose to the Kings. Then it would be Mavs-Hornets(8-1) and Nugs-Lakers(7-2).

As for the 3 thru 6 seeds, I have no idea what is going to happen. There could be a 4 way tie...and trying ti figure out how the tibreakers would work out then is too much work.

Escobar
04-15-2008, 12:52 AM
thats too much drama/scenarios, im sure we'll get a clear'er picture after tomorrow.....im super hoping for NO!

If the jazz play houston......thats going to be a boring 4-1 series win for the jazzy

Im predicting houston/Hornets will have a early exit....and of course the nuggets.....

BroncoBJ
04-15-2008, 01:52 AM
goodluck .........

:lol: @ my homerism. Can I root for the Nuggets though? Or should I even watch the series? :eek:

I agree that theres too many crazy scenerios. I want the Hornets just because I think we can beat them. But then again part of me makes me figure that no matter what we will lose in 5 games. But I'll continue to be optimstic. We didn't win 49 games by being pathethic. Any team 1-8 is still decently good. This isn't the East. I'd rather be the Nuggets vs LA then the Hawks vs the Celtics. :coffee:

I think the Hornets and Rockets will have 1st round exits as well though.
And probably the Nuggets. :mad:

Oh well. I'm excited for the playoffs to start at least.
It should keep me occupied for about 4 months :lol:

MOtorboat
04-15-2008, 07:45 AM
:lol: @ my homerism. Can I root for the Nuggets though? Or should I even watch the series? :eek:

I agree that theres too many crazy scenerios. I want the Hornets just because I think we can beat them. But then again part of me makes me figure that no matter what we will lose in 5 games. But I'll continue to be optimstic. We didn't win 49 games by being pathethic. Any team 1-8 is still decently good. This isn't the East. I'd rather be the Nuggets vs LA then the Hawks vs the Celtics. :coffee:

I think the Hornets and Rockets will have 1st round exits as well though.
And probably the Nuggets. :mad:

Oh well. I'm excited for the playoffs to start at least.
It should keep me occupied for about 4 months :lol:

Shut up MVP. You're not allowed to be excited, you're the No. 8 seed. :rolleyes:

BOSSHOGG30
04-15-2008, 10:26 AM
Sixers will win it all!

Escobar
04-15-2008, 12:45 PM
Shut up MVP. You're not allowed to be excited, you're the No. 8 seed. :rolleyes:

exactly......

Escobar
04-15-2008, 12:45 PM
Sixers will win it all!

yea they will........... yea they will....

BroncoBJ
04-15-2008, 02:50 PM

But we could be the #7 seed. :elefant:

Can I get excited then? :salute:

:lol:

MOtorboat
04-15-2008, 03:09 PM
But we could be the #7 seed. :elefant:

Can I get excited then? :salute:

Only a little.

BroncoBJ
04-17-2008, 12:02 AM
Escobar.. you should be happy.
You get to play the "AARP Spurs"

honz
04-17-2008, 12:53 AM
Damnnnnnnn....the Jazz got destroyed by the Spurs tonight after destroying them in SLC just a week or so ago. The season ends on a poor note, but we get Houston in the first round just like last year. There is no way we lose to the Yao-less Rockets! Jazz in 5...6 at the most!

Escobar
04-17-2008, 01:49 AM
Damnnnnnnn....the Jazz got destroyed by the Spurs tonight after destroying them in SLC just a week or so ago. The season ends on a poor note, but we get Houston in the first round just like last year. There is no way we lose to the Yao-less Rockets! Jazz in 5...6 at the most!

hahah that should be short n sweet.......i can't wait till we play the AARP spurs!! revenge is so sweet

Hopefully no referee is betting this time, no cheap shots by the cheap shot artist....and david stern don't make another bullsh#$ call like last year........ the san antonio sterns are going down

book it

BroncoBJ
04-17-2008, 01:57 AM
hahah that should be short n sweet.......i can't wait till we play the AARP spurs!! revenge is so sweet

Hopefully no referee is betting this time, no cheap shots by the cheap shot artist....and david stern don't make another bullsh#$ call like last year........ the san antonio sterns are going down

book it

:elefant: Well they should go down. NOONE and I mean NOONE stands a chance against the all might Suns. :elefant:

honz
04-17-2008, 10:41 AM

book it
I will definitely be rooting for the Suns.:beer:

broncosfanscott
04-17-2008, 11:20 AM

book it

This should be one interesting series to watch unfold. I honeslty hope you guys beat the Spurs.........that is the one team I just don't like.

BOSSHOGG30
04-17-2008, 01:21 PM
Poor Detroit, they don't stand a chance.

Slick
04-17-2008, 01:44 PM

book it

I'm not much of a trash talker but this should be a hell of a series. Good luck.

I actually got to see the 4th quarter of the Spurs Jazz game. It was already a 30 point lead when I turned the TV on. Did Utah rest everyone?

BOSSHOGG30
04-17-2008, 02:13 PM
I'm not much of a trash talker but this should be a hell of a series. Good luck.

I actually got to see the 4th quarter of the Spurs Jazz game. It was already a 30 point lead when I turned the TV on. Did Utah rest everyone?

Spurs are good right now... Duncan is as healthy as he has been in quite some time. The Spurs have done a great job managing their players minutes all year long and they should be ready to go come playoff time.

Slick
04-17-2008, 02:21 PM
Spurs are good right now... Duncan is as healthy as he has been in quite some time. The Spurs have done a great job managing their players minutes all year long and they should be ready to go come playoff time.

I haven't seen much regular season ball at all. Once a week on ESPN Deportes mostly.

I saw Horry in street clothes. I heard Manu played last night I didn't see him. Escobar is right in the fact that the Spurs are aging but they still have one of the best, if not the best coach in the NBA and they know all about playoff basketball.

I wonder how the Nuggets will do against the Lakers. I guess the real question should be, can they play defense and win a game or two on the road. From the stats I looked at, Denver seems to be a different team at home, than the road.

MOtorboat
04-17-2008, 02:48 PM
Age is an interesting topic...
Spurs
Tony Parker 25
Manu Ginobili 30
Bruce Bowen 36
Tim Duncan 31
Fabricio Oberto 33

Suns
Steve Nash 34
Raja Bell 31
Grant Hill 35
Amare Stoudemire 25
Shaquille O'Neal 36

Average Ages, Suns, 32.2, Spurs, 31.

Slick
04-17-2008, 03:16 PM
Spurs
Tony Parker 25
Manu Ginobili 30
Bruce Bowen 36
Tim Duncan 31
Fabricio Oberto 33

Suns
Steve Nash 34
Raja Bell 31
Grant Hill 35
Amare Stoudemire 25
Shaquille O'Neal 36

Wow. I never would have guessed that. Interesting. I guess the Suns will get their AARP cards sooner than most of the Spurs.

I had no idea the Suns picked up Grant Hill.

I knew Parker was still a young pup, the Spurs picked him up when he was 19. If I remember correctly they got him and Manu in the same draft.

Escobar
04-17-2008, 03:18 PM
Spurs
Tony Parker 25
Manu Ginobili 30
Bruce Bowen 36
Tim Duncan 31
Fabricio Oberto 33

Suns
Steve Nash 34
Raja Bell 31
Grant Hill 35
Amare Stoudemire 25
Shaquille O'Neal 36

Well...when you win, you win as a team.....not all by the starters....so why don't we add the bench??

spurs-

brent barry -12/31/71 --- 37 going on 38

michael finley-3/6/73 ---- 35

robert horry-8/25/70 ---- will be 38 this august

damon stoudemire-9/3/73 will be 34 in sept

kurt thomas-10/4/72 will be 35 in oct

Suns-

Leandro Barbosa- 11/28/82 26 years old

Boris diaw- 4/16/82 Turned 27 yesterday

gordon girichek-6/20/77 will be 31 soon

brian skinner-5/19/76 will be 32 soon

dj strawberry-6/15/85 23 years old..

I didn't even add old hag bonner to the sterns roster....but i wouldn't expect a nugget fan to mention the bench guys........cause well.....hes a nugget fan....... :coffee:

CoachChaz
04-17-2008, 03:18 PM
God please let the Suns beat the Spurs. I despise that team and since I'm married to a Spurs fan, I can't ever trash talk them. I need an outlet

Slick
04-17-2008, 03:20 PM
God please let the Suns beat the Spurs. I despise that team and since I'm married to a Spurs fan, I can't ever trash talk them. I need an outlet

Hilarious. You a Mavericks fan Coach?

MOtorboat
04-17-2008, 03:22 PM
Well...when you win, you win as a team.....not all by the starters....so why don't we add the bench??

spurs-

brent barry -12/31/71 --- 37 going on 38

michael finley-3/6/73 ---- 35

robert horry-8/25/70 ---- will be 38 this august

damon stoudemire-9/3/73 will be 34 in sept

kurt thomas-10/4/72 will be 35 in oct

Suns-

Leandro Barbosa- 11/28/82 26 years old

Boris diaw- 4/16/82 Turned 27 yesterday

gordon girichek-6/20/77 will be 31 soon

brian skinner-5/19/76 will be 32 soon

dj strawberry-6/15/85 23 years old..

I didn't even add old hag bonner to the sterns roster...hes older than dirt..but i wouldn't expect a nugget fan to mention the bench guys........cause well.....hes a nugget fan....... :coffee:

How come you didn't mention Eric Piatkowski...he plays just as much as D.J. Strawberry.

MOtorboat
04-17-2008, 03:26 PM
Average age for the entire team:
Suns 29.6
Spurs 31.4

So, yes...slightly older. Not exactly AARP.

Escobar
04-17-2008, 03:26 PM
How come you didn't mention Eric Piatkowski...he plays just as much as D.J. Strawberry.

?? That guy never plays. he played yesterday and thats because that was the last game....dj strawberry plays every now and then...hes going to be a great player groomed under nash and bell.

MOtorboat
04-17-2008, 03:32 PM
?? That guy never plays. he played yesterday and thats because that was the last game....dj strawberry plays every now and then...hes going to be a great player groomed under nash and bell.

A whole .3 more minutes per game...

CoachChaz
04-17-2008, 03:45 PM
Hilarious. You a Mavericks fan Coach?

Yep...so I get to put up with this Spurs shit ALL YEAR LONG

Slick
04-17-2008, 03:53 PM

:salute:to Mrs. Coach.

Well, her team is the defending champs, but it history repeats itself, you'll get a reprieve from that. They've never been able to go back to back.

As for the Mavs. I remember the days of Brad Davis, Rolando Blackmon, Derek Harper, Tarpley... short/long term memory loss keeps me from remembering the rest of that team. They were fun to watch.

Reunion Arena will always hold a special place in my heart for the Monsters of Rock concert I saw there. I believe it was 1989.

honz
04-17-2008, 03:55 PM
The Mavs are going to take down the Hornets. Book it.

honz
04-17-2008, 04:01 PM
Here are my 1st round predictions...

West:
-Lakers over the Nugz in 7
-Mavs over the Hornets in 6
-Suns over the Spurs in 6
-Jazz over the Rockets in 6

East:
-Boston over the Hawks in 5 (although I wouldn't be surprised at all to see a sweep)
-Detroit over the 76ers in 5
-Orlando over Toronto in 5
-Washington over Cleveland in 6

Escobar
04-17-2008, 04:15 PM
Here are my 1st round predictions...

West:
-Lakers over the Nugz in 7
-Mavs over the Hornets in 6
-Suns over the Spurs in 6
-Jazz over the Rockets in 6

East:
-Boston over the Hawks in 5 (although I wouldn't be surprised at all to see a sweep)
-Detroit over the 76ers in 5

agree with everything but denver won't go 7 games with l.a

MOtorboat
04-17-2008, 04:16 PM
agree with everything but denver won't go 7 games with l.a

Unfortunately, I agree...L.A. in five, maybe six...but most likely 5. Nuggets just don't match up well.

BroncoBJ
04-17-2008, 04:26 PM
:lol: You have Denver losing in 7. :eek:
You hate us so much Honz, I'm shocked you dont have it over in 4.

honz
04-17-2008, 04:41 PM
:lol: You have Denver losing in 7. :eek:
You hate us so much Honz, I'm shocked you dont have it over in 4.
As much as I hate the Nuggets, I hate the Lakers more...GO NUGGETS!:behindsofa::bath:

BOSSHOGG30
04-17-2008, 06:02 PM
West:
-Lakers over the Nugz in 6
-Hornets over the Mavs in 6
-Spurs over the Suns in 6
-Rockets over the Jazz in 7

East:
-Boston over the Hawks in 5
-Detroit over the 76ers in 6

Escobar
04-18-2008, 12:14 AM
can't wait till it starts on sat!!

BOSSHOGG30
04-18-2008, 12:03 PM
can't wait till it starts on sat!!

I can... my team plays Detroit!;)

Escobar
04-18-2008, 01:30 PM
shaq passed thru my house yesterday at about 7 pm. He honked and stuck his hand out the window and raised his index finger saying ''number 1''

Just thought i share......http://autoobserver.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/10/29/chevy_kodiac_c4500_211.jpg

He drives one of these except two doors and black flames all around the front.....this is the fourth time ive seen him, but he actually saw me and gave me the number 1 finger'' this time

Escobar
04-18-2008, 01:32 PM
http://media.gm.com/events/sema/02sema/images/kodiak_sst.jpgmuch like this....but way 'doper'':cool:

Nomad
04-18-2008, 02:13 PM
Not much a basketball fan now! I do miss the Stockton to Malone days. I watched pro ball from late 80s to late 90s then all those players from that era retired. I miss those days. Anyway, Jazz/Rockets is a classic matchup from years back and I wish Jerry Sloan and his Jazz the best. GO JAZZ!

Nomad
04-18-2008, 02:14 PM
http://media.gm.com/events/sema/02sema/images/kodiak_sst.jpgmuch like this....but way 'doper'':cool:

Too bad, Barkley's not around anymore! Those two on the same team would have been great!

Retired_Member_001
04-18-2008, 03:10 PM
My NBA Playoffs predictions:

West:
-Lakers 4-1 Nuggets
-Hornets 4-2 Mavericks
-Suns 4-3 Spurs
-Jazz 4-2 Rockets

East:
-Celtics 4-1 Hawks
-Pistons4-2 Sixers (Sixers will put up a great fight)
-Magic 4-3 Raptors
-Wizards 4-2 Cavs

BroncoBJ
04-18-2008, 03:46 PM
Heres my bracket:

http://i25.tinypic.com/2cfwsxe.jpg

Now a Finals that I think could really happen is Jazz/Pistons.
Though I hope thats not the finals cause it be boring but I could see it happening.

:lol: I make wack picks because thats my style. And its always good to go out on a limb

Retired_Member_001
04-18-2008, 04:08 PM
Heres my bracket:

http://i25.tinypic.com/2cfwsxe.jpg

Now a Finals that I think could really happen is Jazz/Pistons.
Though I hope thats not the finals cause it be boring but I could see it happening.

:lol: I make wack picks because thats my style. And its always good to go out on a limb

:laugh:

I know this was a joke post but still :laugh:.

Broncospsycho77
04-18-2008, 04:19 PM
West:
-Lakers in 6
-Hornets in 6
-Suns in 7
-Rockets in 7

East:
-Celtics in 4
-Pistons in 7
-Raptors in 7
-Wizards in 6

honz
04-18-2008, 10:15 PM
I'm not sure how many games the Jazz are going to lose in the playoffs, but I decided that they are definitely going to win 16!:salute:

broncosfanscott
04-18-2008, 11:09 PM

That has gotta suck. Hopefully in a couple of weeks you can relax.

MOtorboat
04-19-2008, 12:32 PM
Anyone watching today?

That dunk by LeBron was sick.

Benetto
04-19-2008, 12:41 PM
I have the Plasma in the install bay, on the games today...Can't wait to watch The Sperms beat the Scums later.

Bronco4ever
04-19-2008, 12:49 PM
Anyone watching today?

I saw that. I thought there was no chance of him catching it and putting it in. Ridiculous dunk by King James.

MOtorboat
04-19-2008, 12:51 PM
I saw that. I thought there was no chance of him catching it and putting it in. Ridiculous dunk by King James.

Ridiculous...

1-0 Caps for anyone that cares about NHL...

Nomad
04-19-2008, 12:58 PM
Anyone watching today?

I'll be watching JAZZ/Rockets tonight. My sons just played each a game of basketball and baseball is this afternoon. I'm a busy man! Go JAZZ!

BroncoBJ
04-19-2008, 02:16 PM
The Suns are blowing out the Spurs 7-2.
Its over :elefant:

Retired_Member_001
04-19-2008, 03:11 PM
Spurs are playing badly.

They need to start clawing back into this one.

Slick
04-19-2008, 05:38 PM
I had to go to cbs sportsline for my NBA coverage today. It looked like Manu was clutch in OT.

Escobar
04-19-2008, 05:42 PM
its all good still....we will win , they had to win this game

Broncospsycho77
04-19-2008, 05:43 PM
Wow, what a game... I hate Manu though. Hate him... he acts like he's playing soccer...

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/2627/noginobiliac8.jpg

Escobar
04-19-2008, 05:46 PM
honestly, this game took 10 years of my life today.....wow....... nothing like nba playoffs

i'll give credit where credit is due to the spurs........but there are still games to be played...the suns are just getting started

Slick
04-19-2008, 05:49 PM
Wow, what a game... I hate Manu though. Hate him... he acts like he's playing soccer...

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/2627/noginobiliac8.jpg

I can understand that, and I agree he can be an actress on the court.

He is still a hell of a ball player.

Slick
04-19-2008, 05:51 PM
honestly, this game took 10 years of my life today.....wow....... nothing like nba playoffs

i'll give credit where credit is due to the spurs........but there are still games to be played...the suns are just getting started

I wish I could have watched it. Hopefully both teams can stay healthy. Did Horry play? I didn't see his name in the box score so I'm guessing no.

Escobar
04-19-2008, 05:52 PM
I wish I could have watched it. Hopefully both teams can stay healthy. Did Horry play? I didn't see his name in the box score so I'm guessing no.

No, he was being a cheerleader today.

Suns had numerous chances to win this game.....alot of stupid idiot mistakes.......specially on mike d'antoni's part........just straight bonehead

broncosfanscott
04-19-2008, 07:59 PM
Well, the PHX/SA was a good game except for who won. Hopefully the Suns will comeback in game 2.

Close game for DAL/NO. This game is going to be interesting down the stretch. Dirk said he wanted the Hornets over the Lakers, so we'll see how they do.

BroncoBJ
04-19-2008, 10:55 PM
That was a great game today and I know I hate being on the losing end of those because they sting. But It is only 1 game. But a huge win for the Spurs. But damn. Those are the types of games that if my team loses them I almost cry even though its just 1 game. :lol:

NBA Playoffs are off to a great start. :salute:

BOSSHOGG30
04-20-2008, 01:22 AM
Today at 6:00 e.s.t...........get ready to see the best series of the playoffs.......Detroit is going down!

BroncoBJ
04-20-2008, 01:26 AM
:elefant: Hopefully the 76ers win. :salute:

honz
04-20-2008, 01:53 AM
GO JAZZ! The Jazz were the only team to steal the first game on the road today. I smell a sweep.:elefant:

Escobar, sorry man. I was rooting so hard for the Suns, but they just kept screwing it up at the end. A shot clock violation, Barbosa with a contested runner at the end of regulation, and posting up Diaw for the game winner in OT. I still think the Suns will come back and win the series, though. Suns in 6!

Wizards/Cavs...meh. Lebron is a beast, though.

Wow. Dallas really layed an egg in the 2nd half, and JKidd is too old to guard Chris Paul. Whatever happened to that Devin Harris guy? He was a pretty good defender.

BOSSHOGG30
04-20-2008, 02:52 AM
I hate Lebron James... he gets away with so many fouls it is just ridiculous. Reminds me of Karl Malone and his little elbow move, guy defending him goes flying back and Malone has the easy layup. James even threw an elbow as someone and didn't get called for it. Why do refs continue to swing from these super stars balls like that... makes me sick.

MOtorboat
04-20-2008, 09:17 AM
I hate Lebron James... he gets away with so many fouls it is just ridiculous. Reminds me of Karl Malone and his little elbow move, guy defending him goes flying back and Malone has the easy layup. James even threw an elbow as someone and didn't get called for it. Why do refs continue to swing from these super stars balls like that... makes me sick.

Watch the Nugs/Lakers today...:rolleyes:

Nomad
04-20-2008, 09:57 AM
I don't know about a sweep honz but the JAZZ/Rockets series should be a classic as always!

MOtorboat
04-20-2008, 10:03 AM
I don't know about a sweep honz but the JAZZ/Rockets series should be a classic as always!

Yup, a classic first-round out by the Rockets...

Nomad
04-20-2008, 10:57 AM
Yup, a classic first-round out by the Rockets...

JAZZ in 6!

MOtorboat
04-20-2008, 11:36 AM
JAZZ in 6!

In 5.

honz
04-20-2008, 02:59 PM
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h207/shawnn_47/mdvirgin.jpg

MOtorboat
04-20-2008, 03:03 PM
That's freakin' hilarious.

But, you do realize in the movie he ends up getting laid...

I think I smell a jinx folks.
:popcorn:

honz
04-20-2008, 03:08 PM
That's freakin' hilarious.

But, you do realize in the movie he ends up getting laid...

I think I smell a jinx folks.
:popcorn:
It's not my work by the way. I don't want to take credit away from the genius that photoshopped that.

This was around last year when the Jazz beat the Rockets, so I am confident that there will be no such jinx.

BroncoBJ
04-20-2008, 05:03 PM
:lol: Heres a video Escobar would like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4y_qF5jJnow

:eek:

honz
04-20-2008, 05:06 PM

:lol: at that Tony Parker picture. WTF, indeed.

Escobar
04-20-2008, 06:37 PM

ha.....is it not true htough?

Nomad
04-20-2008, 07:13 PM
76ers look pretty good for such a young team playing a veteran championship caliber team in the Pistons. I remember watching Andre Miller at the U of U when we lived there.

BroncoBJ
04-20-2008, 07:27 PM
Theres no team I really hate more then the Pistons. Each year when they lose I celebrate :lol:
I won't hold my breath though but I'd love to see the 76ers win this game and 3 more. :salute:

Nomad
04-20-2008, 07:43 PM
WOW! never realized the Hawks are in the playoffs, is DW back in the lineup!

Nomad
04-20-2008, 07:46 PM
There you go JayMVP, 76ers pulled it off. BTW, i was being smug about the Hawks!

honz
04-20-2008, 07:59 PM
76ers look pretty good for such a young team playing a veteran championship caliber team in the Pistons. I remember watching Andre Miller at the U of U when we lived there.
Andre Miller is a stud. They had a heck of a run back in 97 (??? not sure of the exact year) when they got to the finals with Doleac, Jensen, Mottola, Miller, and Britton Johnson...ahh the memories. They just ran out of gas at the end of the championship game. Miller is a very underrated PG in the NBA.

honz
04-20-2008, 08:02 PM
Theres no team I really hate more then the Pistons. Each year when they lose I celebrate :lol:
I won't hold my breath though but I'd love to see the 76ers win this game and 3 more. :salute:
DE-TROIT BAS-KET-BALL!!!...sucks. Go Sixers! I was not surprised at all to see the Pistons fall apart at the end of that game.:coffee:

BroncoBJ
04-20-2008, 08:12 PM
DE-TROIT BAS-KET-BALL!!!...sucks. Go Sixers! I was not surprised at all to see the Pistons fall apart at the end of that game.:coffee:

:elefant: Yea I'm glad to see them lose. Usually they seem to find a way to piss me off and pull off a win. Its only 1 game but for the time being its nice. :salute:

broncosfanscott
04-20-2008, 09:14 PM
Well, the 76ers got off to a good start. I guess they wanted it more in the end and what was Wallace doing sneaking in on the 76ers huddle?

My Lakers got it started of with a 12-point win. Gasol was the man with 36 points, 16 rebounds, and came 2 assists away from a triple double. What a great trade he was.

BroncoBJ
04-21-2008, 05:02 AM
Heres a nice pic with Sheed,Nash, and Dirk in it:

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o61/Portis26AnimatedPics/Steve%20Nash%20stuff%20lolz/eliandirknashnsheed26ri.jpg

BOSSHOGG30
04-21-2008, 08:05 AM
Go Sixers baby! I think I ripped out all my hair in that game... nerve racking to say the least! I still can't believe how Billips missed 3 of 4 free throws late in the game like that, we (sixer fans and the actual sixers) got so lucky.

P.S. can the sixers borrow someone that can actually stop Wallace?

Bronco9798
04-21-2008, 08:08 AM
Go Sixers baby! I think I ripped out all my hair in that game... nerve racking to say the least! I still can't believe how Billips missed 3 of 4 free throws late in the game like that, we (sixer fans and the actual sixers) got so lucky.

It's a long series, put your hair back.

MOtorboat
04-21-2008, 08:22 AM

He can't stop Wallace, but you can have Anthony Carter...

BOSSHOGG30
04-21-2008, 09:11 AM
It's a long series, put your hair back.

Championship!

honz
04-22-2008, 01:32 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHOIHPIUGOIUYF:!!!!!11!!!2! Rockets SUCK! Jazz win both games in Houston...get your brooms ready!

Escobar
04-22-2008, 02:08 PM
what a bs call that was.......kirilinko must of took some lessons from the spurs team. That game should of went to OT.

Nomad
04-22-2008, 02:13 PM
what a bs call that was.......kirilinko must of took some lessons from the spurs team. That game should of went to OT.

Didn't see the game! Did AK-47 flop?:noidea: John Stockton was one of the best floppers in the league. Today, Iverson and the point guard from Lakers (his name slips mind) are damn good floppers. Anyway, good for the JAZZ, I'd like to see a sweep but I still think Houston gets one in Utah and Houston and JAZZ win in 6!

BOSSHOGG30
04-22-2008, 02:22 PM
Will the Sixers go 2-0 on the Pistons tonight? Tune in tomorrow to find out my answer.................

MOtorboat
04-22-2008, 02:22 PM
Will the Sixers go 2-0 on the Pistons tonight? Tune in tomorrow to find out my answer.................

No.

honz
04-22-2008, 02:31 PM
No.
You are probably right, but I will be rooting for the upset.

honz
04-22-2008, 02:36 PM
Scola tried to grab him, which is a foul, and AK sold it. I Rockets fans want to blame that call for them losing that game, they can go right ahead...but the refs were atrocious all night.

What about the phantom travel call on Williams? Or Battier smacking AK in the head on a rebound which led to 2 FTs for Houston? Or the fact that Scola fouled Korver after he got the rebound just before Ak's flop? Plus, go refs for missing Aaron Brook's hip check on Williams, who is already injured, when it happened right in front of your face.

Jazz outplayed the Rockets and the refs for the 2nd game in a row.

Escobar
04-22-2008, 02:45 PM
Scola tried to grab him, which is a foul, and AK sold it. I Rockets fans want to blame that call for them losing that game, they can go right ahead...but the refs were atrocious all night.

What about the phantom travel call on Williams? Or Battier smacking AK in the head on a rebound which led to 2 FTs for Houston? Or the fact that Scola fouled Korver after he got the rebound just before Ak's flop? Plus, go refs for missing Aaron Brook's hip check on Williams, who is already injured, when it happened right in front of your face.

Jazz outplayed the Rockets and the refs for the 2nd game in a row.

i personally didn't see the game but i saw highlights.....and DAM im not going to be able to watch my suns tonight :mad::mad:

BOSSHOGG30
04-22-2008, 06:06 PM
No.

you only say that because they don't play tonight, but tommorrow you will be singing a different tune.

MOtorboat
04-22-2008, 07:44 PM
you only say that because they don't play tonight, but tommorrow you will be singing a different tune.

Uh-huh...:rolleyes:

broncosfanscott
04-22-2008, 08:12 PM
i personally didn't see the game but i saw highlights.....and DAM im not going to be able to watch my suns tonight :mad::mad:

I didn't see the game either, however when I saw the replay it sure looked like a nice acting job to me.

Boy is Dallas in trouble now. They better win the next two at home to have a chance to win the series. Don't think it will happen though.

BroncoAV06
04-22-2008, 09:05 PM
CP3 is a beast. Everytime they double him it is either an ally-oop or a open shot for a teammate. Great court vison. No reason for everybody to doubt them experiance wise when you have a PG that played at an MVP calibur all year.

BOSSHOGG30
04-22-2008, 10:22 PM
CP3 is a beast. Everytime they double him it is either an ally-oop or a open shot for a teammate. Great court vison. No reason for everybody to doubt them experiance wise when you have a PG that played at an MVP calibur all year.

I would vote for him if Kobe wasn't still in the league. Kobe is the best player I've ever seen.......except for Jordan and I'm a UNC and Jordan super fan, so that might be homer talking.:D

broncosfanscott
04-22-2008, 11:16 PM
Dirk said he prefered to play the Hornets because they match up better. I bet he regrets that now.

Well the Suns now trail 2-0. They got some work to do.

BroncoBJ
04-22-2008, 11:19 PM
Dirk said he prefered to play the Hornets because they match up better. I bet he regrets that now.

Well the Suns now trail 2-0. They got some work to do.

Theres still 14 seconds left :eek:

SmilinAssasSin27
04-22-2008, 11:24 PM
I thought the Spurs were supposed to be the dirty team..

by teh way 4MVP, it's yer turn to draft for the Rams.

BroncoAV06
04-22-2008, 11:33 PM
Hard basketball. Man the west is on the verge of 4 sweeps, Suns have the best shot of getting one back at home.

honz
04-23-2008, 12:06 AM
I thought the Spurs were supposed to be the dirty team..

by teh way 4MVP, it's yer turn to draft for the Rams.
If you are talking about that last foul on Ginobili, that was a horrendous flop by the flop king. The Spurs make me sick. Parker falling down every time he touches the ball, Ginobili flopping around like a fish out of water, and their whole team whining to the refs after every frickin' call that goes against them. The Spurs are the suck.

BroncoBJ
04-23-2008, 01:52 AM
Yea the Spurs make me sick as well. Thier always flopping and whining about every damn call. :mad:
That last play by Manu made me sick. It was a foul but damn he made it look horrible. :lol:

Nomad
04-23-2008, 07:20 AM
Yea the Spurs make me sick as well. Thier always flopping and whining about every damn call. :mad:
That last play by Manu made me sick. It was a foul but damn he made it look horrible. :lol:

I liked watching David Robinson and the Spurs (because they always lost:D)until Tim Duncan came. Tim is an exceptional player but I've never liked the way he whines and complains when a call is on him. As far as flopping and acting, I loved watching one of the best point guards that has played the game, but he was great at acting and flopping and his name was John Stockton.

Escobar
04-23-2008, 12:15 PM
tough loss you know, but now we go back home, we have no choice but win both, if not its going to very difficult......im confident the suns can get 3 in a row here with a little momentum. Im off to rocky point :D I'll be back on monday, im'a have to watch the games on some local sports bars around there........yall stay safe!

Nomad
04-23-2008, 02:26 PM
Mike Bibby (hawks) calls Celtics fans bandwagon fans. :lol:

honz
04-23-2008, 02:43 PM
Mike Bibby (hawks) calls Celtics fans bandwagon fans. :lol:
Well, a lot of them sort of are...although, I bet most of the fans in Boston are pretty die hard. I can't speak for them.

I went to the Celtics/Jazz game in SLC and there were so many fools in there with their brand spanking new KG jerseys that it made me want to puke. It was almost as bad as all of the Kobe fanboys that show up every time the Lakers are in town. Now if you are a KG fan, then that is cool, because he is a stud and doesn't act like his crap don't stink like many superstars do...but I sure didn't see many KG jerseys when the T-Wolves used to come to town.

/end rant

honz
04-25-2008, 01:28 AM
What a joke...the Jazz totally choked that game away. They came out with no heart and were only in the game because Deron Williams is a stud.

I don't know if the Jazz were over confident or nervous about coming home or what, but they didn't play as hard as Houston did, missed FT's, and gave up too many offensive rebounds.

The Jazz have done this all year...they come out flat thinking they can coast to victory and then they end up losing because they put themselves in too deep of a hole to start the game.

ARRRGGGHHHHHHHHHH!

Nomad
04-25-2008, 10:56 AM
What a joke...the Jazz totally choked that game away. They came out with no heart and were only in the game because Deron Williams is a stud.

I don't know if the Jazz were over confident or nervous about coming home or what, but they didn't play as hard as Houston did, missed FT's, and gave up too many offensive rebounds.

The Jazz have done this all year...they come out flat thinking they can coast to victory and then they end up losing because they put themselves in too deep of a hole to start the game.

ARRRGGGHHHHHHHHHH!

Not surprised at all! JAZZ/Rocket has always had good series with each other and I didn't think they'd have a chance to sweep the Rockets! JAZZ in 6 in SLC!

broncosfanscott
04-25-2008, 08:35 PM
After destroying the 76ers in game 2, the Pistons look horrible today.

honz
04-25-2008, 08:55 PM
Ha, go Pistons! It would make my week to see Detroit go out in the first round.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-25-2008, 11:08 PM
If you are talking about that last foul on Ginobili, that was a horrendous flop by the flop king. The Spurs make me sick. Parker falling down every time he touches the ball, Ginobili flopping around like a fish out of water, and their whole team whining to the refs after every frickin' call that goes against them. The Spurs are the suck.

I agree that they flop, but yer looking thru hater glasses if you didn't see Phoenix mugging the cutters on the last few inbound situations.

honz
04-25-2008, 11:31 PM
I agree that they flop, but yer looking thru hater glasses if you didn't see Phoenix mugging the cutters on the last few inbound situations.
Nah, I saw that...I thought you were talking about Bell's foul that Spurs fans took exception to, which was clearly a flop (but a foul first.)

It looks like the Suns are done for, though.

Nomad
04-27-2008, 05:20 PM
JAZZ/Rockets game 4 was a good one! Rockets win next game and JAZZ wins a nailbiter in SLC!

SmilinAssasSin27
04-27-2008, 05:57 PM
DeSean Stevenson should be suspended for the rest of the series vs Cleveland. He is obviously going after LeBron. Not that LeBron can't handle it, but dude is tossing haymakers in mid air straight at his grill...and nowhere near the ball. That can't be tolerated.

honz
04-27-2008, 06:59 PM
JAZZ/Rockets game 4 was a good one! Rockets win next game and JAZZ wins a nailbiter in SLC!
Jazz in 5!:salute:

The Sixers are up early on the Pistons...I am really enjoying this series. The Sixers are a lot of fun to watch.

Bronco9798
04-27-2008, 07:02 PM
The Sixers have been fun to watch this series. Love watching the Pistons getting beat. Hope the Sixers can take this series!!

Bronco9798
04-27-2008, 07:15 PM
Rasheed just had a meltdown. What a thug!!

Bronco9798
04-27-2008, 07:51 PM
Pistons must of got pissed and have turned it up.

honz
04-28-2008, 10:21 PM
Go Hawks! ATL ties up their series with Boston at 2-2. That was the best game of the playoffs so far, IMO.

Joe Johnson was an absolute beast down the stretch and Josh Smith wasn't half bad either. Nice choke job, Boston!

BroncoBJ
04-28-2008, 10:22 PM
Go Hawks! ATL ties up their series with Boston at 2-2. That was the best game of the playoffs so far, IMO.

Joe Johnson was an absolute beast down the stretch and Josh Smith wasn't half bad either. Nice choke job, Boston!

I thought the Suns/Spurs playoff game was better then the ATL/Bos game. :eek:

But it was a nice game.
I hope the Hawks steal one in Boston. :salute:

honz
04-28-2008, 10:47 PM
I thought the Suns/Spurs playoff game was better then the ATL/Bos game. :eek:

But it was a nice game.
I hope the Hawks steal one in Boston. :salute:
Oh yeah...I sorta forgot about SA/PHX Game 1. That was better than this one, but the Hawks crowd was fantastic and made this one really exciting.

BroncoBJ
04-28-2008, 11:06 PM
Oh yeah...I sorta forgot about SA/PHX Game 1. That was better than this one, but the Hawks crowd was fantastic and made this one really exciting.

Yea I figured you forgot about that one. :lol:
That game was classic.
This was a good game but it was the crowd that made it exciting. :elefant:

Escobar
04-29-2008, 12:27 AM
IM BACK SUCKASSSSSSSSSSSSS AND SO ARE THE SUNS LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

crap, its going to be hard to make history, but i got faith in my suns and shaq :salute:

BroncoBJ
04-29-2008, 12:32 AM
Make history or you're history. :salute:
But the Suns are the best team in NBA History so I know for a fact they will come back and win the series. :elefant:

Escobar
04-29-2008, 12:32 AM
Make history or you're history. :salute:
But the Suns are the best team in NBA History so I know for a fact they will come back and win the series. :elefant:

there you go, your getting it day by day :elefant:

Nomad
04-29-2008, 08:16 AM
Watching Mike and Mike, Greenburg (sp) said Garnett should be suspended for pushing the ref. I didn't see the game but saw the clip on the news. I disagree with Greeny. I think the refs should get between the conflicts instead of trying to man-handle these players and if the ref is in between and the player throws him out the way then look at the penalties or fines. Jason Kidd should be suspended for the hard foul this past weekend. They say it wasn't intended but how can you grab someones face and throw them to the ground and not be intended.

I say let them play and move forward.

Retired_Member_001
04-29-2008, 08:18 AM
The Sixers have been fun to watch this series. Love watching the Pistons getting beat. Hope the Sixers can take this series!!

The Pistons are a bunch of old wussies.

I'd love it if the Sixers could take them.

( I bet you AI wishes he was still in Philly, he has a better chance of getting to the second round that way).

Benetto
04-29-2008, 10:47 AM
The Pistons are a bunch of old wussies.

I'd love it if the Sixers could take them.

( I bet you AI wishes he was still in Philly, he has a better chance of getting to the second round that way).

Come on bro...I hate the Pistons too, but they're not wussies. They have one of the best defenses in the league.

tubby
04-29-2008, 11:07 AM
Kobe rapes

Retired_Member_001
04-29-2008, 01:02 PM
Come on bro...I hate the Pistons too, but they're not wussies. They have one of the best defenses in the league.

Defensively they are good, I agree. Their problem is they are expecting things to come too easily to them in my opinion. I've even heard several Pistons fans say they want Ben Wallace back.

Retired_Member_001
04-29-2008, 01:02 PM
Kobe rapes

Prove Kobe raped someone and I'll never post here again.

The only thing Kobe raped in Colorado was the Thuggets...

BeefStew25
04-29-2008, 07:17 PM
Well, Euro Dirk tried to flop right before the half.

It is time for the NBA to implement a flop rule. Those Euros and South Americans need to quit thinking about yellow cards.

Broncospsycho77
04-29-2008, 07:41 PM
Well, Euro Dirk tried to flop right before the half.

It is time for the NBA to implement a flop rule. Those Euros and South Americans need to quit thinking about yellow cards.

They should. Make it the same penalty as a defensive 3 seconds. 1 free throw and the ball back to the offensive team. It's getting ridiculous with some of the players. Man up and play basketball, don't wuss out and hope for a foul.

Nomad
04-29-2008, 08:34 PM
And Dallas is GONE!:whoo:

BroncoBJ
04-29-2008, 11:38 PM
Looks like the "AARP" Spurs won. :lol:
Who would have guessed it? :eek:

BroncoAV06
04-30-2008, 12:00 AM
Enough with the rape and thug comments, they are worthless. Problem with a flop rule would put another thing on the refs and would be a judgement call and lead to even more debate.

BeefStew25
04-30-2008, 12:04 AM
Enough with the rape and thug comments, they are worthless. Problem with a flop rule would put another thing on the refs and would be a judgement call and lead to even more debate.

You get Stu Jackson to get off his ass and make decisions from looking at film.....and suspend players that flop....

SmilinAssasSin27
04-30-2008, 04:23 PM
Looks like the "AARP" Spurs won. :lol:
Who would have guessed it? :eek:

Yeah, they looked real old, huh?

SmilinAssasSin27
04-30-2008, 04:29 PM
Escobar, are you done now?

Escobar
04-30-2008, 04:30 PM
Serve Me My Crow

BroncoBJ
04-30-2008, 04:35 PM
:lol: You get crow served every year.
Maybe sometime it be best to just be quiet and realize that theres better NBA teams out there then the Suns? :coffee: :salute:

Slick
04-30-2008, 04:36 PM
Serve Me My Crow

The Spurs did the expected, Parker abused Nash throughout the series, and D'antoni got out coached. At least your boys avoided the sweep.

Retired_Member_001
04-30-2008, 04:39 PM
Games today:

Washington @ Cleveland

Cavs lead 3-1

Atlanta @ Boston

Series tied 2-2

SmilinAssasSin27
04-30-2008, 04:43 PM
I'm not one to pile on. My point was proven. That's all I need.

I will say I am VERY intrigued by the Spurs/Hornets series. Are the Hornets the pretender Jazz from 2007 or are these boys ready for prime time. We're about to find out. I can't wait. Win or lose for SA, I think this will be a GREAT one.

BroncoBJ
04-30-2008, 04:45 PM
I want to see a Hawks/Hornets finals :elefant:

SmilinAssasSin27
04-30-2008, 04:46 PM
IF SA isn't the team from the West, I wanna see Lakers/Celtics. However, San Antonio/Boston would be frickin sweet as well.

Escobar
04-30-2008, 04:46 PM
hopefully the hawks can pull it off against boston...funny how ESPn isn't exactly sealing their spot in the finals anymore :laugh:

BroncoBJ
04-30-2008, 05:28 PM
Damn, the wizards are such a bunch of cocky ******. Thier always talking trash and cheap shotting every chance they get. :coffee:

Nomad
05-01-2008, 07:21 AM
JAZZ takes game 6 in SLC, if not, they are in trouble. I told you honz, JAZZ/Rockets series are never easy. They have always been classics, even though the JAZZ got their butts kicked the other night.

I hate living in the central time zone because the games come on so late!:mad:

honz
05-01-2008, 10:44 AM
JAZZ takes game 6 in SLC, if not, they are in trouble. I told you honz, JAZZ/Rockets series are never easy. They have always been classics, even though the JAZZ got their butts kicked the other night.

I hate living in the central time zone because the games come on so late!:mad:
Yep, you were right. I was sure it was going to be a sweep after we took the first 2 in Houston, but the Rockets kept fighting and made it a series. I hate Adelman, TMac, and their whining, but I respect the way the Rockets play hard and go after every loose ball and rebound.

Game 5 was an embarrassment, but hopefully the Jazz come out with a vengeance and take it to them in Game 6. I'm not sure my heart can handle another close game in SLC...and I really don't want to have to go back to Houston for Game 7. Get 'er done, Utah!

Nomad
05-02-2008, 05:47 PM
Big night for the JAZZ hey honz! Hopefully the best home court in the league pays off and hopefully I can stay awake for the game.:D If the JAZZ can't get it tonight(which I believe they will), then I have a bad feeling in Houston on Sunday. GO JAZZ!

broncosfanscott
05-02-2008, 11:39 PM
IF SA isn't the team from the West, I wanna see Lakers/Celtics. However, San Antonio/Boston would be frickin sweet as well.

A Lakers/Celtics NBA Finals would be sweet. However the Celtics are close to not even making it out of the first round. I personally think they'll win game seven. They have all the pressure in the world after losing today. I never thought the Hawks would have that series going seven games.

honz
05-03-2008, 01:31 AM
A Lakers/Celtics NBA Finals would be sweet. However the Celtics are close to not even making it out of the first round. I personally think they'll win game seven. They have all the pressure in the world after losing today. I never thought the Hawks would have that series going seven games.
I don't get the whole clamoring for a Celtics/Lakers final...the rivalry doesn't exist anymore. None of the players from the old rivalry even play anymore, and many NBA fans weren't even out of our cribs when that rivalry existed.

I guess if you live for feelings of nostalgia it might be cool, but I just don't get it.

honz
05-03-2008, 01:35 AM
Big night for the JAZZ hey honz! Hopefully the best home court in the league pays off and hopefully I can stay awake for the game.:D If the JAZZ can't get it tonight(which I believe they will), then I have a bad feeling in Houston on Sunday. GO JAZZ!
What a beat down in SLC!!! I'm glad the Jazz took care of business so we can move on to the Lakers and give them a run for their money.

Deron Williams is "it". The dude is a straight up stud and plays his best ball when the game is on the line and the stakes are high. You gotta love it! This game was the first game in this series where the Jazz looked like the Jazz team I grew accustomed to seeing during the regular season...hopefully they carry their momentum into the game on Sunday.
:elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant:

broncosfanscott
05-03-2008, 02:30 AM
I don't get the whole clamoring for a Celtics/Lakers final...the rivalry doesn't exist anymore. None of the players from the old rivalry even play anymore, and many NBA fans weren't even out of our cribs when that rivalry existed.

I guess if you live for feelings of nostalgia it might be cool, but I just don't get it.

I know the rivalry isn't there, however there is the history behind it. You may have to be a Lakers or Celtics fan to understand it. I mean I grew up a Lakers fan because of my dad and I got into them around that time.

Nomad
05-03-2008, 07:28 AM
The Boston '3' party are disappointing. The Hawks are impressive. But I'd have to agree honz, and maybe because I didn't follow the rivalry except back in the 80s, the Lakers/Celtics rivalry isn't the same without Bird and Magic!

TXBRONC
05-03-2008, 11:02 AM
I think it's just funny that the team with worst record of any of the teams in the playoffs has taken the team with best record in playoffs to seven games.

honz
05-03-2008, 11:50 AM
I think it's just funny that the team with worst record of any of the teams in the playoffs has taken the team with best record in playoffs to seven games.
Yeah, the series that everyone thought was going to be a sweep ends up being the only 1st round series to go 7 games.

I think part of the Celtics problem is that they were playing at such a high intensity for the whole year, especially defensively. I'm not sure they are worn down or burnt out, but I just don't think they have that extra gear to kick in to now that the playoffs have started.

They have basically been playing with playoff intensity since the 1st game of the season, and I'm not sure that is a great thing to do when you have to play at least 100 games if you want to win it all.

TXBRONC
05-03-2008, 12:31 PM
Yeah, the series that everyone thought was going to be a sweep ends up being the only 1st round series to go 7 games.

I think part of the Celtics problem is that they were playing at such a high intensity for the whole year, especially defensively. I'm not sure they are worn down or burnt out, but I just don't think they have that extra gear to kick in to now that the playoffs have started.

They have basically been playing with playoff intensity since the 1st game of the season, and I'm not sure that is a great thing to do when you have to play at least 100 games if you want to win it all.

I've been more of casual fan over the past several years so I haven't followed the season as closely as some like yourself has.

I don't know about being worn down, the have three double digit wins on their home court.

SmilinAssasSin27
05-03-2008, 03:15 PM
The Celts will be fine. It's mostly about matchups in basketball. The Celts are very talented, but their D is quite overrated. They can D a methodical half court team like the Pistons, but ya get an uber-athletic squad like the hawks seem to have and there are issues. Even in the 3 blowouts IN Boston, it was more missed shots by ATL than it was great D by Boston.

TXBRONC
05-03-2008, 04:04 PM
The Celts will be fine. It's mostly about matchups in basketball. The Celts are very talented, but their D is quite overrated. They can D a methodical half court team like the Pistons, but ya get an uber-athletic squad like the hawks seem to have and there are issues. Even in the 3 blowouts IN Boston, it was more missed shots by ATL than it was great D by Boston.

Still the Celtics are the more experienced they should have been able to put the Hawks away by game five but they didn't.

Nomad
05-04-2008, 01:44 PM
Celtics are on FIRE!

BroncoBJ
05-04-2008, 02:20 PM
:lol: Hawks

Nomad
05-04-2008, 03:24 PM
JAZZ doesn't have an answer for Kobe:tsk:

dogfish
05-04-2008, 03:37 PM
now that my nugs are assed out. . .

GO HORNETS!!!

GO CAVS!!!

Retired_Member_001
05-04-2008, 04:44 PM
I hate to complain about the refs, but poor officiating in the Lakers V Jazz game.

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/6873/27250ex5wr6.jpg

honz
05-04-2008, 05:32 PM
I hate to complain about the refs, but poor officiating in the Lakers V Jazz game.

Both ways...just cause Phil complains about the refs, doesn't mean he is right. You guys shot many more FT's than the Jazz did even before we started fouling intentionally at the end of the game. There were no calls both ways, and holding players that are cutting to the basket or going around screens is a foul.

Anyways, that was a good battle LA. This looks like it should be a good series.

broncosfanscott
05-04-2008, 08:36 PM
I didn't see the game because I was working. However, even if there were bad calls made I usually don't worry too much after a Lakers win. Usually when the free throws heavily favor one team over the other is when officiating comes into play.

Nomad
05-06-2008, 07:52 AM
Nice to see the Spurs get slammed but I have a feeling it'll be a different story in SA.

Hopefully the JAZZ come to play tonight. The Lakers have a good squad and with them having home court it's a steep hill for the JAZZ to win this series.

SmilinAssasSin27
05-06-2008, 05:05 PM
Orlando got jobbed last night. Refs GAVE EM 3 points. I know it was a 7 point game, but Orlando was down 1 w/ 44 seconds to go. End of the game woulda been played way differently w/o the gift 3 pints on the clock debacle.

OH...and OUCH! NO looks quite good right now.

honz
05-06-2008, 05:29 PM
Orlando got jobbed last night. Refs GAVE EM 3 points. I know it was a 7 point game, but Orlando was down 1 w/ 44 seconds to go. End of the game woulda been played way differently w/o the gift 3 pints on the clock debacle.

OH...and OUCH! NO looks quite good right now.
Yep, I figured the refs would make them take the ball out again and just do a legit do-over, but they decide to estimate/guess how long it took??? Are you kidding me?

The league needs to make plays like that reviewable.

BroncoBJ
05-06-2008, 06:37 PM
Nice to see the Spurs get slammed but I have a feeling it'll be a different story in SA.

Hopefully the JAZZ come to play tonight. The Lakers have a good squad and with them having home court it's a steep hill for the JAZZ to win this series.

I thought the Jazz game was tommorow. :eek:

broncosfanscott
05-06-2008, 06:50 PM

Lakers/Jazz game 2 is tomorrow.

Requiem / The Dagda
05-06-2008, 07:13 PM
Orlando got screwed over IMHO. I think that Billups three-pointer (which was late) killed their momentum. I love seeing the Spurs get trampled though.

Nomad
05-06-2008, 08:42 PM

I forgot the NBA prolongs the playoffs until one is nauseous of the sport by the time June arrives!

SmilinAssasSin27
05-06-2008, 10:50 PM
I don't like that the playoffs take this long, but I do benefit from it. My vacation in the OBX is always the first week of June. After a great day at the beach I love nothing more than putting the kids to bed and hangin out watching the NBA Conference Finals/Finals w/ family and friends in our beach house. At this point it's tradition.

broncosfanscott
05-07-2008, 01:16 AM
Orlando got screwed over IMHO. I think that Billups three-pointer (which was late) killed their momentum. I love seeing the Spurs get trampled though.

I hear you on both accounts.

First, in the Orlando/Detroit game they should have replayed it from the inbound pass or do what college does and use a stopwatch on the replay to see if he would have got the shot off.

Second, it is good to see the Spurs down 2-0. However, I wouldn't be surprised if the Spurs wake up.......yet they still won't win the series.

Also, I agree with those of you who think the playoffs last too long. I mean they put like two days between some games......although with eight teams making the playoffs in each conference this can tend to happen.

CoachChaz
05-07-2008, 07:11 AM
I am the world's biggest Hornets fan right now.

Benetto
05-07-2008, 11:04 AM
I want to see the Pistons go down..:heh:

dogfish
05-07-2008, 12:59 PM
I am the world's biggest Hornets fan right now.

if you are, i'm sure not far behind-- i freakin' love seeing the spurs get beat!

Benetto
05-07-2008, 10:39 PM
The Jazz are bitches...I hope they choke badly.

honz
05-08-2008, 12:16 AM
The Jazz are bitches...I hope they choke badly.
Mkay...why is that?

P.S. For all you Laker fans whining about the refs last game...the refs were superb for you guys tonight. I'm glad they didn't let Kobe lose on his MVP night.

The Jazz have been getting hacked all game...they camp out in the lane on defense(only one 3 second violation all night long)...Fisher hand checks and holds Williams all night, no call...RIDICULOUS. God forbid the Jazz touch the Lakers, though.

The FT disparity before we started fouling at the end: 31-16 for the Lakers.

broncosfanscott
05-08-2008, 02:22 AM
First, I have to say that I don't complain about the refs in a Lakers win.

I remember hearing during the game that the Utah Jazz are at or near the top when it comes to fouls committed per game.

honz
05-08-2008, 03:42 AM
First, I have to say that I don't complain about the refs in a Lakers win.

I remember hearing during the game that the Utah Jazz are at or near the top when it comes to fouls committed per game.
As well as fouls drawn...:coffee:

It's not the foul calls that the Lakers got, it's the ones the Jazz didn't get as they attacked the basket pretty much all game. We had more points in the paint than you guys, but took less FTs...hmmm.

BroncoBJ
05-08-2008, 03:53 AM
:lol: Honz would you like a tissue?

Nomad
05-08-2008, 06:53 AM
For Williams to be overrated he sure did have a good game. I didn't watch the game because the games was on too late, but looking at the box score the Lakers held Boozer.

Kobe is a great player and I would expect an MVP to play at his level. But Honz what's the use in complaining because the stars of the league and their team always get the benefit ie. Jordan against Russell game 6! It happens in all sports.

honz
05-08-2008, 03:46 PM
For Williams to be overrated he sure did have a good game. I didn't watch the game because the games was on too late, but looking at the box score the Lakers held Boozer.

Kobe is a great player and I would expect an MVP to play at his level. But Honz what's the use in complaining because the stars of the league and their team always get the benefit ie. Jordan against Russell game 6! It happens in all sports.
I usually don't complain about the refs or blame them for losses, but they were absolutely atrocious last night and I was pretty heated. Also, it wasn't the calls that the Lakers got, it was the calls that the Jazz didn't get. I'm not complaining about phantom calls or anything, but it was like the refs went blind when the Jazz had the ball.

Nomad
05-08-2008, 04:13 PM
I usually don't complain about the refs or blame them for losses, but they were absolutely atrocious last night and I was pretty heated. Also, it wasn't the calls that the Lakers got, it was the calls that the Jazz didn't get. I'm not complaining about phantom calls or anything, but it was like the refs went blind when the Jazz had the ball.

I know! JAZZ fans should be use to this! Oh well, let's hope the JAZZ can turn it around at the Delta Center. Next game I'll take some NO DOZ so I won't fall asleep so early unless it's an afternoon game which would be even better.

dogfish
05-08-2008, 04:16 PM

who says williams is overrated?

i hate the jazz, but i'm a big deron williams fan-- loved the kid in college, and he's every bit as good a pro as i expected. . .

honz
05-09-2008, 01:19 AM

i hate the jazz, but i'm a big deron williams fan-- loved the kid in college, and he's every bit as good a pro as i expected. . .
Someone said it in the Lakers thread or something...if anything he is underrated, though. Hell, he didn't even make the all star team.

However, he was just voted onto the All NBA Second Team.:elefant:

honz
05-09-2008, 01:21 AM
I know! JAZZ fans should be use to this! Oh well, let's hope the JAZZ can turn it around at the Delta Center. Next game I'll take some NO DOZ so I won't fall asleep so early unless it's an afternoon game which would be even better.
The game is tomorrow at 9 EST and then Game 4 is a Sunday afternoon game, FYI.:salute:

Go Jazz!

Nomad
05-09-2008, 06:25 AM

I think Deron is an outstanding player, but as Honz said, someone said he was overrated elsewhere.

Thanks for the game times honz!

Northman
05-09-2008, 06:28 AM
Bleh, cant wait for my Blazers to get back on the playoff map.

broncosfanscott
05-09-2008, 12:42 PM
I think Deron is an outstanding player, but as Honz said, someone said he was overrated elsewhere.

Thanks for the game times honz!

Deron is an awesome player and no way is he overrated. The guy has talent.

SmilinAssasSin27
05-09-2008, 02:38 PM
Is the NBA Finals schedule set in stone, or does it depend solely on when the conferences wrap up?

OB
05-09-2008, 02:43 PM
Im not sure who the Cavs have guarding my Ray Ray but he's done a hell of a job :mad: Scoreless Game 1 :tsk: :tsk:

He had a better showing last night but he is still off his game IMO

I dont really watch the games I just see who wins when its over - i dont know why the NBA is boring to me and College isnt :confused:

Nomad
05-09-2008, 07:34 PM
I hope the JAZZ fans treat Fisher with a little more respect than last time in SLC. He did a hell of a job for the JAZZ and is missed, but as a father I would put my family first always and as family-oriented as SLC is they should give him a little respect for what he had to do. With this said, GO JAZZ! And he's one hell of a flopper as well but a great basketball player.

Benetto
05-09-2008, 07:44 PM
I hope the JAZZ fans treat Fisher with a little more respect than last time in SLC. He did a hell of a job for the JAZZ and is missed, but as a father I would put my family first always and as family-oriented as SLC is they should give him a little respect for what he had to do. With this said, GO JAZZ! And he's one hell of a flopper as well but a great basketball player.

A little more respect? The Jazz fans in Utah are either to stupid to understand what Fish did for them, or they are so classless they don't care why he left..

Jazz will win tonight. Desperate, down 0-2 and first game at home...Its a given. Even Vegas thinks so (Lakers +4).

broncosfanscott
05-09-2008, 08:05 PM
Is the NBA Finals schedule set in stone, or does it depend solely on when the conferences wrap up?

I am pretty sure it starts on a certain date.

Benetto
05-09-2008, 08:11 PM
Jazz Suck!!!!!

Go Lakers, Beat Em Into The Dirt!!!

broncosfanscott
05-09-2008, 11:56 PM
Can't win 'em all. Oh well. The bright side is that we lost by only five points despite playing horrible. Jazz just shot really well and you can't beat a team that never really goes cold for the whole game. I guess we'll just have to win the series in 5 games now.

honz
05-10-2008, 01:24 AM
A little more respect? The Jazz fans in Utah are either to stupid to understand what Fish did for them, or they are so classless they don't care why he left..

Jazz will win tonight. Desperate, down 0-2 and first game at home...Its a given. Even Vegas thinks so (Lakers +4).
Speaking of classless...your posts aren't exactly always full of class.

Anyways, on the Fisher debacle:
While I don't agree that Jazz fans booed him upon his return to Utah, I am going to defend my fellow Jazz fans a bit.

First of all, Fisher complained when he got traded to Utah from the Warriors and many fans feel like he never truly wanted to play for the Jazz. Also, many Jazz fans hated Fisher even when he did play for the Jazz.

People act like Fisher played like in all-star while he was with the Jazz, when the reality is that he shot 39% while letting opposing SGs light us up. (Although, it is not Fisher's fault that he had to guard opposing SGs...that one is on Sloan.)

Fisher had one shining moment with the Jazz when he returned from New York in the middle of Game 2 against GS last year, but in general he stunk it up while he was in a Jazz uni. Now, don't get me wrong...I was at that game and it was an incredible moment and I feel lucky to have been there to experience it first hand. I appreciate him coming back to play when he didn't have to and providing me with one of the most memorable sports memories of my life.

Also, Fisher is not the first former Jazz player to get booed upon his return to Utah. We booed Malone when he came back as a Laker and we booed Giricek a few months after the whole Fisher incident. However, Fisher has a sick daughter, so he is off limits...again, I don't agree with the treatment he got, I'm just saying.

Jazz fans (in general) hated Fisher when he was a Laker, weren't big fans of him even while he was in a Jazz uni, and we hate him again now that he is a Laker. Why are we supposed to love him forever because he had one great moment/game?

[/end essay]

BeefStew25
05-10-2008, 04:03 PM
Dwight Howard needs a monster game today.

Nomad
05-10-2008, 07:40 PM
Amazing how Boston has these all stars but can suck so bad at an opponents home court. Boston better hope they never lose home court cause they suck on the road in the playoffs!!!!!!!!!!!

honz
05-11-2008, 06:35 PM
Wow, that was a hell of a game between the Lakers and Jazz. The Jazz almost blew it at the end, but they stayed composed and pulled out the victory in OT.

I will admit that the Lakers probably got the short end of the stick on the officiating, but there were also some atrocious calls late in the 4th and in OT that went the Lakers way.

dogfish
05-11-2008, 07:04 PM
anybody gonna watch san antonio-new orleans?

GO HORNETS!!!

SmilinAssasSin27
05-11-2008, 10:17 PM
Wow, that was a hell of a game between the Lakers and Jazz. The Jazz almost blew it at the end, but they stayed composed and pulled out the victory in OT.

I will admit that the Lakers probably got the short end of the stick on the officiating, but there were also some atrocious calls late in the 4th and in OT that went the Lakers way.

Yeah, Kobe backing down dude on the sideline then pushing him down...then 2 more that went LA's way shortly after that at best shoulda been no calls... I was thinking Jazz had no shot at the end.

SmilinAssasSin27
05-11-2008, 10:18 PM
anybody gonna watch san antonio-new orleans?

GO HORNETS!!!

I am!

24champbailey
05-11-2008, 10:28 PM
Lakers got screwed...that's all I got to say about it...

SmilinAssasSin27
05-11-2008, 10:33 PM
Lakers got screwed...that's all I got to say about it...

I hardly think that's the case. The refs did their damdest to give em the win late. All anyone had to do was look meanly at Kobe and he had a free ticket to the foulline.

24champbailey
05-11-2008, 10:44 PM
I hardly think that's the case. The refs did their damdest to give em the win late. All anyone had to do was look meanly at Kobe and he had a free ticket to the foulline.

I don't give a s*** what they pulled at the end of the game, this shouldn't have been a close contest. Jizz are nowhere near the level the Lakers are at, they barely won today with the refs on their side and a limping Kobe. We will go on and win the next 2 games.

honz
05-11-2008, 11:11 PM
I don't give a s*** what they pulled at the end of the game, this shouldn't have been a close contest. Jizz are nowhere near the level the Lakers are at, they barely won today with the refs on their side and a limping Kobe. We will go on and win the next 2 games.
This is exactly what Jazz fans said after game 1...funny how things change.

Also, I think Kobe was embellishing his injury a little bit. It seemed that his back was fine whenever he made a shot, but if he missed one or turned it over, man was his back killing him. His back was obviously feeling good enough at the end of the 1st half to hold Brewer on his back, hit a fadeaway jumper, and go immediately to one of his taunting poses.

2-2.

24champbailey
05-11-2008, 11:17 PM
This is exactly what Jazz fans said after game 1...funny how things change.

Wrong. Jazz are the team with the most fouls in the league, you don't get that distinction for no reason. Refs messed up the Turiaf call and the Luke Walton non-call. This game was there for the Lakers to take but the refs blew it.

This was a classic case of home-cookin. Don't take a genius to know what was going on out there.

BroncoBJ
05-11-2008, 11:22 PM
:lol: :lol:

Why are you complaining so much?
Lakers will win the next 2 anyways.

This game is irrelevent. :coffee: