PDA

View Full Version : Browns could get third-rounder for Quinn

broncofaninfla
03-24-2010, 12:50 PM
Browns could get third-rounder for Quinn (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/24/browns-could-get-third-rounder-for-quinn/)

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 24, 2010 1:44 PM ET
The Broncos sent two draft picks and fullback Peyton Hillis to Cleveland for Brady Quinn and a free subscription (http://www.brady-quinn.org/2007/06/20/brady-quinn-graces-the-august-2007-cover-of-mens-health/) of Men's Health magazine.

One pick was a 2011 sixth-rounder, and the other was a 2012 conditional pick. We now know the conditions.

The Cleveland Plain-Dealer reports the Browns could receive a pick as high as the third-round (http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2010/03/cleveland_browns_will_benefit.html) in 2012 or as low as the sixth-round. The compensation will depend on Quinn's playing time over the next two seasons.

It's rare to see a draft pick traded that far in the future because decision-makers may not always be confident they will still be employed. That shouldn't be a problem for Mike Holmgren.

Mike
03-24-2010, 12:54 PM
Browns could get third-rounder for Quinn (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/24/browns-could-get-third-rounder-for-quinn/)

The Broncos sent two draft picks and fullback Peyton Hillis to Cleveland for Brady Quinn and a free subscription (http://www.brady-quinn.org/2007/06/20/brady-quinn-graces-the-august-2007-cover-of-mens-health/) of Men's Health magazine.

One pick was a 2011 sixth-rounder, and the other was a 2012 conditional pick. We now know the conditions.

The Cleveland Plain-Dealer reports the Browns could receive a pick as high as the third-round (http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2010/03/cleveland_browns_will_benefit.html) in 2012 or as low as the sixth-round. The compensation will depend on Quinn's playing time over the next two seasons.

It's rare to see a draft pick traded that far in the future because decision-makers may not always be confident they will still be employed. That shouldn't be a problem for Mike Holmgren.

I hope, for the Broncos sake, that he plays well enough for it to be a 3rd.

underrated29
03-24-2010, 01:06 PM
I hope, for the Broncos sake, that he plays well enough for it to be a 3rd.

He wont, but not because he sucks. Because Orton is going to have a really good year next year. really good. So good that Brady will not be seeing the field atall.

He might see some in 2012 as Kyle is not resigned or moved to backup if they want to get the mighty quinn in, but if kyle is still around here. The quinn is going to need 2013 to make his move.

Traveler
03-24-2010, 01:14 PM
Depending a how the playing time compensation was worded, my guess is that BQ won't see enough on field action (barring injury) to drive the pick that high.

SOCALORADO.
03-24-2010, 01:19 PM
He wont, but not because he sucks. Because Orton is going to have a really good year next year. really good. So good that Brady will not be seeing the field atall.

He might see some in 2012 as Kyle is not resigned or moved to backup if they want to get the mighty quinn in, but if kyle is still around here. The quinn is going to need 2013 to make his move.

QWinn will start week 1.
CLE will eventually get a 3rd.
CLE fans will know it was robbed and bent over by week 3.
Orton will never see the field again in DEN.
:coffee:

slim
03-24-2010, 01:20 PM
That's the great thing about conditional trades, they tend to be win win.

dogfish
03-24-2010, 01:34 PM
our best move would be to minimize the damage-- cut him now and make sure we don't have to give up any more value. . . .

underrated29
03-24-2010, 01:37 PM
QWinn will start week 1.
CLE will eventually get a 3rd.
CLE fans will know it was robbed and bent over by week 3.
Orton will never see the field again in DEN.
:coffee:

the first two now effing way. The second two- I agree cle fans will know they got robbed. And After this year Orton will probably not see the field again.

But there is no way that quinn starts week 1. No chance at all.

slim
03-24-2010, 01:42 PM
our best move would be to minimize the damage-- cut him now and make sure we don't have to give up any more value. . . .

I wonder if BQ can play center?

Well, I'm sure he has the stance down pat. But I'm afraid the snapping motion would be foreign to him.

broncofaninfla
03-24-2010, 01:56 PM
I wonder if BQ can play center?

Well, I'm sure he has the stance down pat. But I'm afraid the snapping motion would be foreign to him.

LOL! Sounds like he would have to beat out Hochstien first......

slim
03-24-2010, 02:00 PM
LOL! Sounds like he would have to beat out Hochstien first......

The fact that we have no center is very concerning to me.

TXBRONC
03-24-2010, 02:00 PM

If this experiment (as Chaz put it) works out then he will be well worth.

Lancane
03-24-2010, 02:01 PM
our best move would be to minimize the damage-- cut him now. . . .

Couldn't agree more, we need to cute Kyle 'The Neckbeard' Orton to minimize damage!

:D

SOCALORADO.
03-24-2010, 02:01 PM
the first two now effing way. The second two- I agree cle fans will know they got robbed. And After this year Orton will probably not see the field again.

But there is no way that quinn starts week 1. No chance at all.

You will rue this day!!
You will look back and gnash your teeth, when you allowed doubt to creep into your heart, and you had no faith in the mighty QWinn!!
For QWinn will win, and you will look up at him with hate and envy in your eyes, and then you will know, that he is the QB you so longed for.
Yea, you will rue this day!

WARHORSE
03-24-2010, 02:09 PM
I hope Orton lights it up for the first eight to ten games. Doesnt have to be Manning, but plays really well for us, taking us to a bunch of wins.

Maybe he takes a hard hit, then Brady comes in and plays lights out, and we start him the next game too just to ensure Kyle is okay..........and he plays lights out there too.

Then, we have a very real QB controversy on our hands.

But more than that, we have Orton as an RFA again, and Brady.

Its a GOOD thing to have two desirable QBs on your roster.

I wouldnt be upset at that at all.

If after a couple of months from now, while Brady is in OTAs and early training camp, Id like to sign him to a deal now.

If he ends up playing well in the regular season...........we'll have to pay him next off season.............which is a good thing.....:coffee:

Ravage!!!
03-24-2010, 02:16 PM
Uhmmm

Two desirable QBs on the roster?

Northman
03-24-2010, 02:21 PM

http://hardknoxsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Magic-8-ball.jpg

TXBRONC
03-24-2010, 02:52 PM

Under let me see if I have this straight. Kyle will have such a good year that we'll let him go?

SOCALORADO.
03-24-2010, 02:56 PM
Under let me see if I have this straight. Kyle will have such a good year that we'll let him go?

Qwinn will start week 1.
And some of these posters are on dope.

TXBRONC
03-24-2010, 02:58 PM

Face it Dog you're jealous of Quinn's lips. :lol:

underrated29
03-24-2010, 03:03 PM

no- he will have such a good year that quinn wont see the field. The next year we offer him a small contract and he walks. Because he can get it and we have the Quinn.

Qwinn will start week 1.
And some of these posters are on dope.

Qwinn, might be full of winn as you put it. But he will not be starting by day 1. The mighty Quinn right now is more like "clipboardQuinn". I betchya.

Westy is the only one on dope

SOCALORADO.
03-24-2010, 03:06 PM
no- he will have such a good year that quinn wont see the field. The next year we offer him a small contract and he walks. Because he can get it and we have the Quinn.

Qwinn, might be full of winn as you put it. But he will not be starting by day 1. The mighty Quinn right now is more like "clipboardQuinn". I betchya.

Westy is the only one on dope

Well, whatever your smokin it must be some damn good stuff, but it wont be good enough to cloud the fact that Orton will never start in DEN again, and Qwinn will start week 1.

underrated29
03-24-2010, 03:18 PM
Well, whatever your smokin it must be some damn good stuff, but it wont be good enough to cloud the fact that Orton will never start in DEN again, and Qwinn will start week 1.

Thats a tall glass dude. Too tall in fact.

But if you are right I will gladly call him Full of Win qWINn!

SOCALORADO.
03-24-2010, 03:26 PM
Thats a tall glass dude. Too tall in fact.

But if you are right I will gladly call him Full of Win qWINn!

:cool:

TXBRONC
03-24-2010, 06:23 PM

What are you going to do if you have to get off your talking point? :D

Ravage!!!
03-24-2010, 06:50 PM
wow.... a QB controversy between Orton and Quinn. Does Denver win in either case? man.... this just hurts to read.