PDA

View Full Version : What's the most messed up movie you've ever seen.

Pages : [1] 2

sneakers
04-08-2008, 04:35 AM
I saw a movie in the theaters two weeks ago. It was called "Funny Games"....it was a remake of a movie made 10 years ago. It had great acting in it and all, but the subject matter was just completely **messed** up.

Kapaibro
04-08-2008, 08:25 AM
I went to see Richard III (set in WW2), and it was just too weird to see Shakespeare done in Nazi uniforms, I walked out.

Retired_Member_001
04-09-2008, 10:59 AM
The movie, The Core.

That film was so bad it made me cry.

turftoad
04-09-2008, 11:20 AM
The "Toxic Avenger". Anyone seen it??

You gotta be kind of sick to watch it. I've seen it many times when I was a lot younger. I must have been sick.

BeefStew25
04-09-2008, 11:22 AM
Clockwork Orange.

NightTrainLayne
04-09-2008, 11:25 AM
I don't think the profanity filter will let me post the name of the most messed up movie I've ever seen.

BeefStew25
04-09-2008, 11:25 AM
I don't think the profanity filter will let me post the name of the most messed up movie I've ever seen.

Saving Ryan's Privates?

Rex
04-09-2008, 11:26 AM

Ubangus On Uranus

broncogirl7
04-09-2008, 11:26 AM
Texas Chainsaw Massacre! Disgusting and disturbing.

BigDaddyBronco
04-09-2008, 11:41 AM
I would have to agree with Beef, Clockwork Orange was very disturbing.

Any David Lynch movie is a mind**** as well and often disturbing.

Anyone seen "Eraserhead"? That will bother you for days if not years.

NightTrainLayne
04-09-2008, 11:42 AM
Saving Ryan's Privates?

Ubangus On Uranus

You guys are going to have to try harder. The profanity filter didn't even hiccup on those.

MOtorboat
04-09-2008, 01:53 PM
Hostel was pretty ****** up, with all that gore, and that dude's eye popping out.

Clockwork Orange was unbelievably messed up.

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas is pretty trippy and screwy.

I bet I could come up with a bunch where I came away going "what the heck?"

Slick
04-09-2008, 02:13 PM
Hostel was pretty ****** up, with all that gore, and that dude's eye popping out.

Clockwork Orange was unbelievably messed up.

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas is pretty trippy and screwy.

I bet I could come up with a bunch where I came away going "what the heck?"

I was drug out by a couple friends to see Fear and Loathing...when it opened in Charlotte. I guess I wasn't on enough drugs to understand that one either.

Another weird one I downloaded last week was "A Scanner Darkly" :confused:

BroncoJoe
04-09-2008, 02:22 PM
The last Saw movie (three?) was pretty messed up too. Actually, all the Saw movies are.

Devilspawn
04-09-2008, 02:22 PM
American Idol: From Justin To Kelly. That movie made me hate language and thought.

Retired_Member_001
04-09-2008, 02:40 PM
The last Saw movie (three?) was pretty messed up too. Actually, all the Saw movies are.

Would you like to play a game?

That voice is just scary.

MOtorboat
04-09-2008, 03:39 PM
American Idol: From Justin To Kelly. That movie made me hate language and thought.

WTF drove you to watch that? Please tell me you got some because of it.

NightTrainLayne
04-09-2008, 03:43 PM

He cannot confirm this because doing so would subject him to statutory rape laws in California.

BroncoJoe
04-09-2008, 03:47 PM

MB, he's a Raiders fan.

Skinny
04-09-2008, 05:56 PM
http://www.cryptomundo.com/wp-content/boggycreek1_01.jpg

I was either 5 or 6 when i seen this in the movie theatre in Berlin Germany. I'll never forget that movie! :scared:

shank
04-09-2008, 06:12 PM
a christmas story used to scare the hell out of me when i was little.

i have seen toxic avenger, it's out of control.

MOtorboat
04-09-2008, 06:13 PM
a christmas story used to scare the hell out of me when i was little.

:confused:

slim
04-09-2008, 07:02 PM
What is the definition of a "messed up" movie? Just curious.

The worst movie I have ever seen was "Bringing out the Dead". Man, that movie sucked.

Devilspawn
04-09-2008, 07:10 PM
Long story short, I knew someone who tried out for American Idol in the first year, and she's held a grudge for a while because she didn't make it (she can sing, but she can't SING). So we watched it for sh--s and giggles.

MOtorboat
04-09-2008, 07:23 PM
Long story short, I knew someone who tried out for American Idol in the first year, and she's held a grudge for a while because she didn't make it (she can sing, but she can't SING). So we watched it for sh--s and giggles.

OK...fair enough...tell me you were drunk, or getting drunk.

Devilspawn
04-09-2008, 07:37 PM
OK...fair enough...tell me you were drunk, or getting drunk.
She wanted to watch the whole thing but most of us weren't even paying attention for the most part. My wife ABSOLUTLY LOVES bad movies to the point of obsession so she was the only other one "into it". I on the other had was on my laptop playing Final Fantasy XI, occasionally glancing over to see what I couldn't believe.

slim
04-09-2008, 07:46 PM
She wanted to watch the whole thing but most of us weren't even paying attention for the most part. My wife ABSOLUTLY LOVES bad movies to the point of obsession so she was the only other one "into it". I on the other had was on my laptop playing Final Fantasy XI, occasionally glancing over to see what I couldn't believe.

LOL...fess up. You own the DVD, right?

Bronco4ever
04-09-2008, 07:47 PM
Clockwork Orange.

A Clockwork Orange is pretty messed up, but it's a great movie.

I always thought Hostel and Devil's Rejects were both pretty messed up. It's been awhile since I have seen them both.

Devilspawn
04-09-2008, 07:49 PM
LOL...fess up. You own the DVD, right?
It's in the library right next to Battlefield Earth. Classics.

sneakers
04-10-2008, 03:55 AM

I kind of want to see that Ben Afleck movie "Gigli" or whatever it is called, just because it is so bad.

Reidman
04-10-2008, 04:24 AM
Trainspotting and Clockwork Orange most deranged and weird movies I've ever seen...

I watched Fear and Loathing while "under the influence" and it was the greatest movie ever...
watched it again when I was sober and was like WTF!?!?!:lol:

NavinJohnson
04-17-2008, 08:23 PM
You can't find a movie as messed up as Capturing the Friedman's

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0342172/

"Documentary on the Friedmans, a seemingly typical, upper-middleclass Jewish family whose world is instantly transformed when the father and his youngest son are arrested and charged with shocking and horrible crimes."

BroncoWave
04-24-2008, 09:44 PM
Secret Window. That was a messed up movie, and the ending was awful.

G_Money
04-24-2008, 10:55 PM
You can't find a movie as messed up as Capturing the Friedman's

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0342172/

"Documentary on the Friedmans, a seemingly typical, upper-middleclass Jewish family whose world is instantly transformed when the father and his youngest son are arrested and charged with shocking and horrible crimes."

Capturing the Friedmans is horrible because it's a) true and b) messed up on ALL sides. Kids, dad, mom, cops, nobody did anything right. And they have it all on film.

I consider it a really good movie, actually.

Two of the worst movies I have ever seen are Vertical Limit (just atrocious, with sunlight exploding nitro-glycerin but dropping it down a mountain is fine) and Soul Survivors (when an Eliza Dushku lesbian scene stands ZERO chance of improving your vastly terrible movie, it's a REALLY TERRIBLE MOVIE).

Most messed up movie? Hostel was way too predictable and stupid to be messed up. Same with the Saw movies - HATE them.

Memento's messed up in a good way - I'd probably go with that one. It's a messed up I can appreciate instead of hate. David Lynch's stuff just gets beyond me, and I lose what he's trying to tell me about halfway through the movies. It makes them more re-watchable, but also harder to stomach.

At least he tries for something, though - there's a lot of trash from guys like Uwe Boll that gets sadly passed off as "Cinema" instead of "pissing on film and playing it for an audience."

I'll take a mess of a movie that tried to say something over the worst sort of regurgitated pap any day.

But nothing will ever top Killer Clowns From Outer Space for sheer bizarre awesomeness.

Although the Marquis (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097839/) where the French de Sade's puppet penis leaves him in the end may be more disturbing...

~G

In-com-plete
04-29-2008, 11:28 AM
Kids

Kapaibro
04-29-2008, 11:51 AM
Fredy Got Fingered.

Bloody awful, and I just don't see anything redeeming about Tom Greene.

Glimmer Man

Stupid date who wanted to watch stupid Steven Seagal. That one crashed and burned!

schnooks1
04-29-2008, 12:43 PM
Seize the Day

My husband and I years ago.. looking for a GOOD movie to rent read this movie synopsis:

Tommy Wilhelm (Robin Williams) is a salesman. An honest, hard-working guy who has lost his job, his girlfriend, and left part of his sanity behind as he heads to New York to pick up the pieces of his life. He's always been able to sell, but caught in a downward spiral, he must, in addition, face the father who never really understood him, while trying to balance his newly precarious existence
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2128256000/tt0091920

We loved him in the Dead Poets Society... so we thought boy is sounds good!

Well it is the MOST messed up movie I have ever seen.

My husband uses it as a prank if he hears someone ask if he has heard of any good movies lately....

KCL
04-29-2008, 01:23 PM
The movie "True Romance" comes to mind.It had alot of stars in it that
were at the beginning of their careers.Brad Pitt and others.

Christopher Walken was in it.If you have watched very many of his
movies...he sometimes plays a strange character.

Zweems56
04-29-2008, 01:29 PM
Oldboy was ridiculous. SO messed up.

OB
04-29-2008, 01:37 PM
Hostel - Saw 1-3 (now they are getting :yawn: ) and Faces of Death (all of them)

In-com-plete
04-29-2008, 01:51 PM
The movie "True Romance" comes to mind.It had alot of stars in it that
were at the beginning of their careers.Brad Pitt and others.

Christopher Walken was in it.If you have watched very many of his
movies...he sometimes plays a strange character.

One of the greatest movies ever right there. And there were a ton of stars in it. Pitt, Walken, Christian Slater, Val Kilmer, Samuel L Jackson, Patricia Arquette, Garry Oldman, Chris Penn, Tom Sizemore, Michael Rapaport, Dennis Hopper, and James Gandolphini.

That scene with Walken and Dennis Hopper in the trailer was insane!

KCL
04-29-2008, 02:30 PM
One of the greatest movies ever right there. And there were a ton of stars in it. Pitt, Walken, Christian Slater, Val Kilmer, Samuel L Jackson, Patricia Arquette, Garry Oldman, Chris Penn, Tom Sizemore, Michael Rapaport, Dennis Hopper, and James Gandolphini.

That scene with Walken and Dennis Hopper in the trailer was insane!

yea and also the scene with Arquette and Gandolphini in the
bathroom.

NightTrainLayne
04-29-2008, 02:51 PM
Hostel - Saw 1-3 (now they are getting :yawn: ) and Faces of Death (all of them)

Faces of Death really have to be the most "messed up" movies.

You know you shouldn't be watching it, much less be entertained by it, and yet you can't really turn it off.

It still gives me a certain amount of moral conflict thinking about it years later about how it was wrong, and yet I watched it, and indeed was entertained to some degree by it.

It gives me a very real sense of guilt having watched those "movies".

OB
04-29-2008, 03:00 PM
Faces of Death really have to be the most "messed up" movies.

You know you shouldn't be watching it, much less be entertained by it, and yet you can't really turn it off.

It still gives me a certain amount of moral conflict thinking about it years later about how it was wrong, and yet I watched it, and indeed was entertained to some degree by it.

It gives me a very real sense of guilt having watched those "movies".

me n a bunch of friends did a marathon of them :eek: - we were also 14 and just started smokin dope - so thats my excuse and im sticking to it :tsk::tsk:

NightTrainLayne
04-29-2008, 03:02 PM
me n a bunch of friends did a marathon of them :eek: - we were also 14 and just started smokin dope - so thats my excuse and im sticking to it :tsk::tsk:

I was actually 22 or 23 when I watched them. I don't have a good excuse. :tsk:

Slick
04-29-2008, 03:08 PM
Kids

Harmony Korine(sp) is an absolute nutjob.

How could I forget Gummo? Anyone seen that? Just plain demented.

The last time I was that scarred was after watching a John Waters film, I forget the name of it, but the transvestite character cut off someone's wanker and sewed it on to herself.

KCL
04-29-2008, 03:12 PM
How about Helter Skelter about Charlie and the gang...:shocked:

D1g1tal j1m
05-06-2008, 01:09 AM
American Psycho.

I actually had to watch it twice to figure out what the hell was driving the character Christan Bale was playing. I realized that he was just psychotic (plain and simple).

sisterhellfyre
05-11-2008, 10:54 PM

You gotta be kind of sick to watch it. I've seen it many times when I was a lot younger. I must have been sick.

Seen it? I own it on DVD.

What about Toxie 2, 3 and 4? :-)

Regards,
m.

sisterhellfyre
05-11-2008, 10:59 PM
But nothing will ever top Killer Clowns From Outer Space for sheer bizarre awesomeness.

Yay for the Killer Klowns!

Most messed up film I've ever seen... that would be the new release from Troma, "Poultrygeist."

Think "naked lesbian chicken zombies"...

Regards,
m.

dogfish
05-14-2008, 05:53 AM
Kids

yes. . .

when you hear "don't worry, it's just me, casper," you'd better run. . . very, VERY disturbing movie! is this a bad time to admit that i own the DVD?

funny bit of trivia. . . i knew the actress who played the girl that he boned at the beginning of the movie-- she went to the same college that i did, i went out with her best friend a few times. . . even a few years later she didn't look close to her age, but being about 4'11" and probably about 97 pounds helps. . .

creepy flick, and it's all the more frightening because it's not only possible, it's entirely believable. . . watch out for people with the triple nipple!

caligula gets honorable mention. . .

"FOR THE GREATER GLORY OF ROME!!!"

:fear:

In-com-plete
05-14-2008, 12:42 PM
I'm Casper, the friendly ghost, the dopest ghost in town.
All the bitches love me cause I'm ******' Casper, the dopest ghost around.

I have it also. Saw it when it came out back in like '96 and bought it a few years ago after seeing this pretty much the same thread on Broncomania.

NameUsedBefore
06-14-2008, 09:38 PM
Daddy Long Legs (the musical).

atwater27
06-16-2008, 04:41 PM
OK, you guys want some truly demented movies? You know, flicks that make you think someone slipped skull and crossbones LSD in your drink?

1. Naked Lunch

2. Jacob's Ladder

3. Audition

haroldthebarrel
06-16-2008, 04:42 PM
I saw a movie in the theaters two weeks ago. It was called "Funny Games"....it was a remake of a movie made 10 years ago. It had great acting in it and all, but the subject matter was just completely **messed** up.

thats a great movie. I saw the original about ten years ago and it really got me the creeps. it really shows how ugly violence and being the victim of a psychopath would be. The director is austrian btw and his name is Michael Haneke.
The few others who have seen the movie all remember it all to well;)

The most messed up movie I probably saw was Cannibal holocaust.

That and a really strange film by Peter Greenaway, the name of the film escapes me, and it was all about pictures of animals getting decomposed.
That was just strange, and even I who have a strong stummach kind got a little bit too much queesy.

sneakers
06-17-2008, 01:01 AM
Fredy Got Fingered.

Bloody awful, and I just don't see anything redeeming about Tom Greene.

:eek::eek:

That is one of my favorite movies of all time!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and probably one of the best comedies ever. The point of it was he made so that it would be intentionally terrible, the whole movie was made as a joke.

here ya go:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_depth/entertainment/2002/oscars_2002/1889555.stm

Saturday, 23 March, 2002, 23:38 GMT

Green said winning Razzies was a 'dream come true'

Comedian and actor Tom Green has made Hollywood awards history by becoming the first performer to receive a worst actor Razzie in person.

The star turned up at the Raspberry awards, which annually "dishonour" the worst films of the year, to collect five awards for his film Freddy Got Fingered.

The movie resisted the challenge of Sylvester Stallone's Driven and the Mariah Carey film Glitter to win the overall worst picture of the year.

Green arrived in a white Cadillac, wearing a tuxedo and rolled out his own red carpet, outside the Magicopolis theatre in Santa Monica, Los Angeles.

"When we set out to make this film we wanted to win a Razzie, so this is a dream come true for me," he said.

Green follows the lead of director Paul Verhoeven who received in person his award as the film-maker behind Showgirls.

Freddy Got Fingered was mauled by the critics last year, with one critic describing it as "the worst film ever released by a major studio".

In all, Green picked up awards for worst director, worst actor, worst screenplay, worst on-screen couple and worst film.

"It is a totally, very proud moment for me," said Green, collecting the award for worst screenplay.

Green brought his own red carpet to the event

"I wore this tuxedo at my wedding so that gives you an indication of how much this means to me," said the star, who recently separated from actress Drew Barrymore.

Green began his career in Canada on public access television, before finding fame as a comedian on music channel MTV.

The Razzies are widely accepted as the leading "anti-Oscars" ceremony and were established 22 years ago.

sneakers
06-17-2008, 01:13 AM
OK, you guys want some truly demented movies? You know, flicks that make you think someone slipped skull and crossbones LSD in your drink?

1. Naked Lunch

2. Jacob's Ladder

3. Audition

Jacob's latter sounds pretty interesting, audition sounds totally messed up.....I kind of want to see it now.

aberdien
06-17-2008, 01:31 AM
Wolf Creek was extremely screwy. So much gore it was crazy...

Northman
06-17-2008, 01:32 AM
Vanilla Sky

aberdien
06-17-2008, 01:43 AM
And I just saw Joshua and it was pretty freaking weird....

Magnificent Seven
06-17-2008, 01:51 AM

You mean, Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning? That movie is truly gore and nasty. I have to say that movie is better than the old movie.

Magnificent Seven
06-17-2008, 01:56 AM
Wolf Creek was extremely screwy. So much gore it was crazy...

Wolf Creek is NOTHING!!!!!! Try rent Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning!

haroldthebarrel
06-17-2008, 03:49 AM
Wolf Creek is NOTHING!!!!!! Try rent Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning!

the texas chanesaw massacre, the first one, used to be illegal here in norway until the middle nineties I think.
Anyway, when I got the opportunity to see it I couldnt really get why it was deemed illegal due to violence. It isnt all that violent compared to many other films. Id say for instance Natural born killers and the Rambo movies after the first one are much more graphically violent.
What TCM has though is just a very creepy and eerie feeling. One really feel uncomfortable when watching it.
And as far as uncomfortable movies, Funny games the original has that.
It was meant to be a critique of violent movies just like Natural born killers, and I must say Funny games manages to do that a lot better than NBK and others.

BroncoFanatic
06-17-2008, 09:14 AM
The Hills Have Eyes - very disturbing to me, I won't be watching the sequel.

Pink Floyd's The Wall - I liked Pink Floyd's music prior to this move, but by the end of the movie I just wanted Roger Waters dead.

Flatinum
06-17-2008, 09:19 AM
Harmony Korine(sp) is an absolute nutjob.

How could I forget Gummo? Anyone seen that? Just plain demented.

The last time I was that scarred was after watching a John Waters film, I forget the name of it, but the transvestite character cut off someone's wanker and sewed it on to herself.

Gummo was f****d up. Loved it.

The Butcher Boy is another messed up movie.

River's Edge - Dennis Hopper was classic in this one.

Timmy!
06-19-2008, 08:38 AM
Pink Floyd's [I]The Wall - I liked Pink Floyd's music prior to this move, but by the end of the movie I just wanted Roger Waters dead.

Blasphemy! Repent, sinner!!

BroncoNut
06-19-2008, 09:02 AM

I could not watch that movie. And I like twisted things, ie: silence of the lambs, programs on serial killers.

NightTrainLayne
06-19-2008, 09:51 AM
Donnie Darko was on Cinemax or HBO last night.

I've tried like 3 times to watch this one, but can't get through more than 15 minutes.

It has to be the most messed up movie ever.

BroncoNut
06-19-2008, 09:52 AM
Donnie Darko was on Cinemax or HBO last night.

I've tried like 3 times to watch this one, but can't get through more than 15 minutes.

It has to be the most messed up movie ever.

that's a great movie. Bizarre, but I really like it.

I like Jake Gyllenhall (sp?) I think he is the best thing since the smartcap

Timmy!
06-19-2008, 09:58 AM
Watched "A Scanner Darkly" the other night. It was pretty friggin crazy. Good flick though.

KCL
06-19-2008, 11:00 AM
How about "The Boondock Saints"....I need to watch that again.
From what I remember parts of it were messed up.
Maybe I will watch it today!

NightTrainLayne
06-19-2008, 11:04 AM
How about "The Boondock Saints"....I need to watch that again.
From what I remember parts of it were messed up.
Maybe I will watch it today!

My brother made me watch that a few months ago. It was OK. He's the one that keeps telling me how awesome Donnie Darko is. :smh:

KCL
06-19-2008, 11:10 AM
My brother made me watch that a few months ago. It was OK. He's the one that keeps telling me how awesome Donnie Darko is. :smh:

Its been so long since I have watched it...sometimes (at least for me)
I have to watch a movie more than once to remember most of it.

broncogirl7
06-19-2008, 11:20 AM
I could not watch that movie. And I like twisted things, ie: silence of the lambs, programs on serial killers.

Agreed, Nut. That movie, Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning, gave me nightmares for weeks. I remember seeing the original movie as a young teenager at the drive-in movies with my parents and being totally freaked out for many months. Seeing the original now is no big deal, but back in the 70's...SCARY. My parents used to think they were sooo sneaky when going to the drive-in. Usually the first movie was something us kids could watch, but the second one would be off limits so they would put a blanket up between the first seat and the back seats (station wagon). They thought we couldn't see the movie, but in the middle where the blanket hung down a little bit would cause a full reflection on the back window.... Oh the movies we saw and weren't suppose to....:laugh:

atwater27
06-19-2008, 12:17 PM
If Aliens are freaky to you, see Communion (With Christopher Walken, IMO his best role ever) sopposedly based on a true story of a guy who claims he was abducted.
Also, Fire in the Sky gave me nightmares for years. I get goosebumps just thinking of it.
And of course, if you haven't seen Signs by M. Night Shamalamadingdong, you truly live in a cave. It is a classic scary alien flick.

BigDaddyBronco
06-19-2008, 12:21 PM
If Aliens are freaky to you, see Communion (With Christopher Walken, IMO his best role ever) sopposedly based on a true story of a guy who claims he was abducted.
Also, Fire in the Sky gave me nightmares for years. I get goosebumps just thinking of it.
And of course, if you haven't seen Signs by M. Night Shamalamadingdong, you truly live in a cave. It is a classic scary alien flick.
Communion was wierd and did freak me out. Then I read the book and the guy is totally full of shit. Must have been a pill junkie or on peyote or something.

BroncoNut
06-19-2008, 01:07 PM

Maybe your brother should become a member of this forum and maybe it might be time for you to move on

Benetto
06-19-2008, 01:30 PM
KIDS

Was the most messed up movie I've seen.
A few others:

House of 1000 corpses
The Hills have eyes
People under the stairs

Retired_Member_001
06-23-2008, 09:12 AM
I just saw Saw III.

All I'll say is this, the Pig Waste scene is the most disgusting thing I have ever seen in my life.

I'm usually fine with anything gory. It never effects me. I was not disturbed by any other scene. Even the twisting scene, or the Brain scene.

That Pig Scene though was just :tsk: .

NightTrainLayne
06-23-2008, 11:09 AM
Maybe your brother should become a member of this forum and maybe it might be time for you to move on

Did you see his post when he took over NJ10's account? I don't think you really want that. :tsk:

BroncoNut
06-23-2008, 11:25 AM
Did you see his post when he took over NJ10's account? I don't think you really want that. :tsk:

No, I didn't see that.

NightTrainLayne
06-23-2008, 11:58 AM
No, I didn't see that.

Here you go, from the drunk thread.

Hi, This is Nathan, known as Pearl Snaps. I am am night Train Layne's brother's roomate. he is known as Vinny the Mullet. Right now NTL is having the time of his life laughing it up with Vinny The Mullet. If you would like Vinny to post more check out his myspace at www.myspace.com/vinnythemullet

EDIT: Vinny wrote all of that.

He's a shameless self-promoter.

broncogirl7
06-23-2008, 12:00 PM
The Very Brady Bunch sequel.

BroncoNut
06-23-2008, 12:07 PM
Here you go, from the drunk thread.

He's a shameless self-promoter.

sounds like it. I don't think I like that bad person

NightTrainLayne
06-23-2008, 12:37 PM
sounds like it. I don't think I like that bad person

He did come up with "pear snaps" as a nickname for NJ10 though. That was pretty good.

Apparently, NJ10 has a penchant for wearing old-school snap-up cowboy shirts with the pearl-looking snap covers.

BroncoNut
06-23-2008, 12:50 PM
I have a couple of pearl snap shirts myself. I look like Wes Hightower in Urban Cowboy on some of my better days.

Gyro
07-14-2008, 11:43 AM
KIDS

Was the most messed up movie I've seen.
A few others:

House of 1000 corpses
The Hills have eyes
People under the stairs

Kids is a good movie, and yes it is messed up. Moreso then the others you have listed because of how real it seems. Larry Clark, the guy who directed Kids, did another film called "Bully" which is also pretty decent although the characters can be annoying at times. Based on a true story and a great example of the most imperfect murder ever committed.

Broncospsycho77
07-14-2008, 03:19 PM
It the Miniseries (with the clown) was pretty wacky, though it isn't exactly a movie.

jrelway
08-05-2008, 09:36 PM
saw a low budget movie called cannibal holocaust on tvshack.net the other day..pretty disgusting.

Magnificent Seven
08-05-2008, 09:56 PM

Which one? Are you referring to Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning?

TCM: The Beginning is one the most gore ever in TCM movies. Sickest, Goreful, and bloodly. My heart was pounding when leatherface was doing on someone's body in the basement.

gnomeflinger
08-05-2008, 10:30 PM

Did you see that on your own will?

gnomeflinger
08-05-2008, 10:32 PM

Ok so never mind my comment. :beer:

gnomeflinger
08-05-2008, 10:35 PM
Yay for the Killer Klowns!

Most messed up film I've ever seen... that would be the new release from Troma, "Poultrygeist."

Think "naked lesbian chicken zombies"...

Regards,
m.

I have to agree. I thought it was freaking hilarious, yet seriously deranged.

gnomeflinger
08-05-2008, 10:39 PM
The Hills Have Eyes - very disturbing to me, I won't be watching the sequel.

Pink Floyd's The Wall - I liked Pink Floyd's music prior to this move, but by the end of the movie I just wanted Roger Waters dead.

If you watch The Wall at face value, then it will be messed up. Looking at it through eyes that have "been there" it totally makes sense.

Dreadnought
08-05-2008, 11:09 PM
"The Cook, the Thief, his Wife, and her Lover". Totally bizarre. It still disturbs me 15 years or so later.

BroncoNut
08-06-2008, 11:20 AM
Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid was a weird movie

Skinny
08-06-2008, 11:35 AM
'Teeth' (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teeth_(film)) was the last most messed up movie i've seen.

simpleviolet
06-18-2009, 01:50 AM
The Forbidden Zone. Weirdest movie I think I've seen.... including Blue Velvet, The Wall, etc. But it had Danny Elfman (this was 1980 before he broke out) as the devil singing a Cab Calloway swinger that was worth the whole thing. Couldn't tell if it was an "art" film or if I just hadn't had enough mead to appreciate it .

Star Trek rocked.

Benetto
06-18-2009, 02:10 AM
I haven't scrolled enough to see if anyone mentioned "The Hills have eyes"...Totally messed up movie...

Elevation inc
06-19-2009, 03:58 AM
8MM with nicholas cage was pretty f'in disturbing.....

RedFalcon
06-19-2009, 12:29 PM
8MM with nicholas cage was pretty f'in disturbing.....

Yeap... I couldn't agree more with that! Pretty disturbing...even to imagine if those things seen in the movie could happen for real!

BroncoNut
06-19-2009, 01:01 PM
Yeap... I couldn't agree more with that! Pretty disturbing...even to imagine if those things seen in the movie could happen for real!

never saw that movie. one movie that fuked with me was .. well, i can't think of it now, but it will come to me.

thanks, nut

Broncospsycho77
06-19-2009, 02:46 PM
Alice in Wonderland was weird.

BroncoNut
06-19-2009, 03:11 PM
Alice in Wonderland was weird.

that is sooo weird. I just clicked on this thread and was going to post the same thing.

broncogirl7
06-19-2009, 04:01 PM
Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Hostel...sick stuff.

haroldthebarrel
06-26-2009, 06:53 PM
"The Cook, the Thief, his Wife, and her Lover". Totally bizarre. It still disturbs me 15 years or so later.

true. I like weird films and even that was too much for me.

I managed to watch through all of Cannibal holocaust and that creeped me out seriously. And I was prepared to be shocked as well as being not very easily freaked out.

Still, the fact that people willingly watch "Faces of death" to see people dying in the worst ways is kinda sick to me. It is disturbing that it is even a marked for that kinda stuff.

girler
06-26-2009, 06:57 PM
Personally, I was totally messed up by the original Willy Wonka. The scene where the Oompa Loompas roll away the blueberry girl still gives me nightmares. :shocked:

girler
06-26-2009, 07:03 PM
Secret Window. That was a messed up movie, and the ending was awful.

I love this movie. Of course, I also love Parents. That's a messed up movie too. Awesomely messed up. :laugh:

EDIT:
Other messed up movies:

Donnie Darko
Wickerman
Sixth Sense (the first time you see it)
Blair Witch Project (before the hype)
No Country for Old Men
Everything Is Illuminated

There are more, but I can't remember them right now. Like Yellow Submarine and Where the Red Fern Grows. Those are messed up man. :tsk:

OrangeHoof
06-26-2009, 07:38 PM
"An Inconvenient Truth"

Truth was the last thing that movie was about.

AlWilsonizKING
06-26-2009, 07:56 PM
Hostel

Devils Rejects

T.C.M.

PEACE!!!

MasterShake
06-26-2009, 08:17 PM
Freaks, made about 1932 with real circus freaks. It was banned until 1997 I believe:

_c43Sa4dztk

and just a weird movie in general was "What is it" by Crispin Glover. Check it out! http://www.crispinglover.com/whatisit.htm

And an honorable mention to "The Gate" which gave me nightmares for a week as a child:

ZOX6-Rw5PWc

EMB6903
06-26-2009, 08:30 PM
Reqrium for a dream (misspell?) was good but very crazy

Fear and loathing in Las Vegas is also pretty out there.

red98
06-26-2009, 11:36 PM
If messed up means disturbing but still good I'd say:

Swimming with Sharks

NameUsedBefore
06-26-2009, 11:51 PM
LOL @ The Gate. Is that the flick where the dude grows some eyeballs in his hands? And the protagonist ends up shooting a model rocket into a giant ... thing? If so, I love that movie.

If you get into the Japanese/Korean movies you get some really weird stuff.

Battle Royale puts like 40 abducted classmates with tracking collars on their necks into an island battleground. Last kid standing wins, basically. At the start they're given random weapons and sent out periodically. So like one kid could get boned by having an umbrella and another kid gets a freakin' Uzi. The island is split up into zones that are "enabled" and "disabled". If you're in a disabled area your collar explodes.

The Vengeance Series are twisted, but phenomenal movies. Oldboy is the most notable one and easily a top-10 movie for me, but the other two are good as well; Sympathy for Lady Vengeance and I believe Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance or something along those lines.

Other stuff I haven't seen but am aware of are Ichi the Killer and the Suicide Club. I also watched some random Korean movie inwhich a guy ties up a director's wife -- who is a famous pianist -- to a piano with wires around her fingers. Every so often one of her fingers gets pulled off. To save her the director has to kill a kid the twisted dude brought along. These sorts of movies are all over the Asian front O_o.

Northman
06-27-2009, 10:05 AM
For me, probably Ichi the Killer. This is a brief look at too what this is all about. But i warn you, the movie is not for the weak.

The film stars Tadanobu Asano as Kakihara, a sadomasochist yakuza enforcer with a Glasgow smile who enjoys giving and receiving pain in about equal measures. Kakihara's boss Anjo is murdered in a particularly gruesome fashion and a mysterious group arrives to clean up all evidence of the murder, stealing 300 million yen Anjo had in his room while there.

Many of Kakihara's compatriots, including Anjo's English, Cantonese, and Japanese-speaking girlfriend Karen (Alien Sun), suspect that Anjo simply took the money and ran, and Kakihara is convinced the man is alive. His investigation leads him to brutally torture a member of a rival clan, Suzuki (Susumu Terajima), by suspending him from a ceiling with metal hooks through the man's back, shoving stilettos through his body, and pouring boiling grease (from a meal of tempura) on him. In an example of the film's extremely black humor, when asked what he is doing, Kakihara responds nonchalantly, "Just a little torture."

The man turns out to be innocent. To make restitution, Kakihara slices off part of his tongue and offers it to Suzuki's boss (Jun Kunimura). However, the man who tipped Kakihara off to Suzuki and may have more real information, a disheveled old man nicknamed Jijii ("grandpa" or "old man") (Shinya Tsukamoto), is nowhere to be found.

Jijii is, as it turns out, is secretly orchestrating events. Under his wing is a young man, Ichi (Nao Omori), a confused and apparently psychotic individual who is normally unassuming and cowardly, but becomes homicidal when enraged (and who has crying fits when committing his murders). Ichi outfits himself in a rubber stuntman suit with shoes that have razors concealed in the heels. After spying on a pimp brutalizing a prostitute, he first kills the pimp, then the girl. Jijii has so manipulated Ichi as to confuse sexual arousal with homicidal lust in him, and accomplished this by creating a false memory in him of witnessing a rape in high school—which he felt ashamed for wanting to participate in rather than stop.

haroldthebarrel
06-27-2009, 10:54 AM
For me, probably Ichi the Killer. This is a brief look at too what this is all about. But i warn you, the movie is not for the weak.

he. only the japanese could make such a movie.

haroldthebarrel
06-27-2009, 10:57 AM
LOL @ The Gate. Is that the flick where the dude grows some eyeballs in his hands? And the protagonist ends up shooting a model rocket into a giant ... thing? If so, I love that movie.

Battle Royale puts like 40 abducted classmates with tracking collars on their necks into an island battleground. Last kid standing wins, basically. At the start they're given random weapons and sent out periodically. So like one kid could get boned by having an umbrella and another kid gets a freakin' Uzi. The island is split up into zones that are "enabled" and "disabled". If you're in a disabled area your collar explodes.

The Vengeance Series are twisted, but phenomenal movies. Oldboy is the most notable one and easily a top-10 movie for me, but the other two are good as well; Sympathy for Lady Vengeance and I believe Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance or something along those lines.

Other stuff I haven't seen but am aware of are Ichi the Killer and the Suicide Club. I also watched some random Korean movie inwhich a guy ties up a director's wife -- who is a famous pianist -- to a piano with wires around her fingers. Every so often one of her fingers gets pulled off. To save her the director has to kill a kid the twisted dude brought along. These sorts of movies are all over the Asian front O_o.

aha.... battle royale was the name of that movie. I saw that one.
could never remember the name of that movie.
I remember me and a friend came up with a theme like that because we both hate reality shows. And then it turned out that it already was made a movie, and it was a lot more gruesome than we ever could come up with.

MasterShake
06-27-2009, 11:03 AM

Yup, thats the Gate! :lol: A very young Stephen Dorf and his friend conjure up demons with a heavy metal record, those little demons that chase them around the house freaked me out when I was a kid! :lol:

That collar movie sounds like Deadlock with Rutger Hauer where the prisoners all have collars on their necks and a "secret" partner who they can't get more than 60 yards from or their heads explode. Great movie!

Requiem / The Dagda
06-27-2009, 12:24 PM
Transformers 2. It sucked.

Gamechanger
06-27-2009, 12:50 PM
a great but messed up movie I've seen was A Clockwork Orange

a messed up Animated movie i've seen? Elfen Lied or Dead Space (which sucked btw)

haroldthebarrel
06-27-2009, 01:07 PM
a great but messed up movie I've seen was A Clockwork Orange

a messed up Animated movie i've seen? Elfen Lied or Dead Space (which sucked btw)

how is a clockwork orange messed up?
I mean, at the time people thought it was controversial and all that but today I dont really see that. Please explain why you think that is messed up.

MasterShake
06-27-2009, 02:46 PM
how is a clockwork orange messed up?
I mean, at the time people thought it was controversial and all that but today I dont really see that. Please explain why you think that is messed up.

The rape scene was pretty messed up at the time, and the whole scene with him and his eyes being held open watching those horrible things was pretty jacked up.

Ironically, one movie I thought was not messed up was "Faces of Death". They don't show anything in those damn movies that you don't see on the news or sites like nothingtoxic.com.

haroldthebarrel
06-27-2009, 03:14 PM
The rape scene was pretty messed up at the time, and the whole scene with him and his eyes being held open watching those horrible things was pretty jacked up.

Ironically, one movie I thought was not messed up was "Faces of Death". They don't show anything in those damn movies that you don't see on the news or sites like nothingtoxic.com.

aha.... So you mean it was messed up at the time and that is certainly true.
The "singing in the rain" rape scene is of course very disturbing.
come to think of it. I think the best anti-violence movie I ever saw was "funny games" by Michael Haneke. That one really grossed me out.

As far as "faces of death" is concerned, I think it is messed up that there
even is a marked for those kinda things.
On the other hand, it is kinda good that people can see how devastating a kick to the head in real life actually is. Not like in Hollywood movies where the heroes take multiple shots to the head and other vital areas.
A lot of deaths and serious injuries could be prevented if people knew not to kick somebody when for example they are lying on the ground.

Speaking of messed up movies. The "Texas chainsaw massacre" used to be banned here until about ten years ago. I finally got to watch it then, and as far as violence is concerned there are hundred more films that depicts violence in a more straightforward gruesome manner.
But very few films can ever emulate the creepy and disturbing atmosphere in that movie.

Northman
06-27-2009, 03:17 PM
I still remember McDowell running around with the big porcelain penis. And, who can forget the female statues with milk coming from their juggs? I need to open up one of those bars come to think of it........lol

MasterShake
06-27-2009, 03:18 PM
aha.... So you mean it was messed up at the time and that is certainly true.
The "singing in the rain" rape scene is of course very disturbing.
come to think of it. I think the best anti-violence movie I ever saw was "funny games" by Michael Haneke. That one really grossed me out.

As far as "faces of death" is concerned, I think it is messed up that there
even is a marked for those kinda things.
On the other hand, it is kinda good that people can see how devastating a kick to the head in real life actually is. Not like in Hollywood movies where the heroes take multiple shots to the head and other vital areas.
A lot of deaths and serious injuries could be prevented if people knew not to kick somebody when for example they are lying on the ground.

Speaking of messed up movies. The "Texas chainsaw massacre" used to be banned here until about ten years ago. I finally got to watch it then, and as far as violence is concerned there are hundred more films that depicts violence in a more straightforward gruesome manner.
But very few films can ever emulate the creepy and disturbing atmosphere in that movie.

Watch Faces of Death again. It just came out on Blu Ray and it seems like a Fox Special now compared to some things I've seen in the internets. Still pretty brutal though.

haroldthebarrel
06-27-2009, 03:19 PM
I still remember McDowell running around with the big porcelain penis. And, who can forget the female statues with milk coming from their juggs? I need to open up one of those bars come to think of it........lol

To me the only director who never made a bad movie, and always was ahead of his time was Stanley Kubrick.
I am actually a little surprises that there arent many milk bars as you say.

SR
06-27-2009, 03:21 PM
Schindler's List is up there for me, along with American History X.

haroldthebarrel
Watch Faces of Death again. It just came out on Blu Ray and it seems like a Fox Special now compared to some things I've seen in the internets. Still pretty brutal though.

I actually never saw any of those movies. Just a few clips on the internet.
I kinda decided never to see those movies for the aforementioned reasons.

One thing I do wanna know. Did any of you ever see "Cannibal holocaust"?

Northman

I love American History X. Great movie.

Northman
06-27-2009, 03:22 PM
I actually never saw any of those movies. Just a few clips on the internet.
I kinda decided never to see those movies for the aforementioned reasons.

One thing I do wanna know. Did any of you ever see "Cannibal holocaust"?

Not yet, but i hear its pretty graphic.

haroldthebarrel
06-27-2009, 03:23 PM

The scene where he kills that man by or with the car door or something like that was messed up. That scene was really well done.

SR
06-27-2009, 03:31 PM
I love American History X. Great movie.

Awesome movie. One of my favorites. But it's ****** up.

SR
06-27-2009, 03:32 PM
The scene where he kills that man by or with the car door or something like that was messed up. That scene was really well done.

In American History X? Are you talking about when he curb checks the dude that tries stealing his truck?

haroldthebarrel
06-27-2009, 03:54 PM
In American History X? Are you talking about when he curb checks the dude that tries stealing his truck?

What is curb checking? I just remember the violent scene where he grawls and really beat up one dude near a car.

SR
06-27-2009, 04:39 PM
What is curb checking? I just remember the violent scene where he grawls and really beat up one dude near a car.

He made that one guy bit the corner of a curb then stomped on the back of his head.

Gamechanger
06-27-2009, 04:57 PM
the other thing that makes American History X messed up is the rape scene

disgusting

SR
06-28-2009, 09:16 AM
That scene played in important part in that movie though.

Gamechanger
06-28-2009, 10:03 AM
That scene played in important part in that movie though.

yea it did, the ending was kinda messed up too

BroncoNut
06-28-2009, 12:37 PM

I think you are thinking of the scence where Norton curbed him. pretty disturbing.

Den21vsBal19
06-28-2009, 01:22 PM
There's a Brazilian film called City of God that's got some pretty screwed up scenes in it..............if you've not seen it, it's about rival drug gangs in Rio, most of the gang members being kids.

One scene in particular stands out, where two kids get captured by Lil' Ze's gang, and are both shot in the foot............another youngster is then given the pistol, and 'forced' to kill one of the two...........

Based on a true story, it's well worth the effort to watch despite the sub-titles, but comfortable viewing it ain't

BroncoWave
06-28-2009, 01:39 PM
The Shining and Secret Window

NightTrainLayne
06-29-2009, 12:32 PM
There's a Brazilian film called City of God that's got some pretty screwed up scenes in it..............if you've not seen it, it's about rival drug gangs in Rio, most of the gang members being kids.

One scene in particular stands out, where two kids get captured by Lil' Ze's gang, and are both shot in the foot............another youngster is then given the pistol, and 'forced' to kill one of the two...........

Based on a true story, it's well worth the effort to watch despite the sub-titles, but comfortable viewing it ain't

That is a tremendous movie. It is very disturbing, but also very real. Well worth a viewing to any adult (kiddos would not be a good audience though).

haroldthebarrel
06-29-2009, 12:44 PM

Thats one of my favorite films ever.
I dont understand how people can commit to only watch movies without subtext. There are so many great films that you wont see. Not to say that dubbing very often fails to seize the moment.

I dont think it is disturbing unless you wanna say that reality is "tougher" than fiction. And to me, disturbing are when there are times I dont wanna watch and stuff like that.
Lars Von Trier, the danish director, has made a movie called "Antichrist" and rumors are that it can upset the strongest of us.
I havent yet decided if I wanna see it though.

SM19
06-29-2009, 01:13 PM
American History X was the first one I thought of. I also thought A History of Violence was fairly disturbing. Haven't seen anything like Requiem for a Dream or Funny Games though. From what I've heard those are on a different level.

Also, Alice in Wonderland is a great call. I watched it last year and I have no idea how it didn't give me nightmares as a kid.

Den21vsBal19
06-29-2009, 07:02 PM
Thats one of my favorite films ever.
I dont understand how people can commit to only watch movies without subtext. There are so many great films that you wont see. Not to say that dubbing very often fails to seize the moment.

I dont think it is disturbing unless you wanna say that reality is "tougher" than fiction. And to me, disturbing are when there are times I dont wanna watch and stuff like that.
Lars Von Trier, the danish director, has made a movie called "Antichrist" and rumors are that it can upset the strongest of us.
I havent yet decided if I wanna see it though.
Personally, I just find that watching the subtitles can distract attention from the film itself :whoknows:

To be honest, other than City of God, the only other subtitled films that I've really enjoyed are Das Boot, and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

haroldthebarrel
06-29-2009, 07:26 PM
Personally, I just find that watching the subtitles can distract attention from the film itself :whoknows:

To be honest, other than City of God, the only other subtitled films that I've really enjoyed are Das Boot, and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

perhaps it is that I am used to subtexts since by common knowledge there are a limited amount of movies in my native language.
On the other hand, foreign films, that is in languages I dont understand, are best enjoyed with subtexts. No sync between lip and language confuses me.

You should try watch "The Kingdom" by Lars Von Trier. I think there was made a remake of it, but it is nowhere near the original tv-serie.
It is not a film, but the "baby" in that series is seriously gross.

To put it this way. "The Kingdom" is the most amazing piece of work I have never seen. To create something that is part drama, part comedy and part horror and to do it so well is such a masterpiece of art.

haroldthebarrel
06-29-2009, 07:35 PM

I could come up with some foreign flicks that I think was great.
Der untergang(best depiction of Hitler ever)
Cinema Paradiso
Funny Games
The feast(danish masterpiece)
The idiots(another danish)
All about my mother

Dont know if any are subtexted or dubbed, but they are all great films imo nonetheless.

broncophan
07-03-2009, 05:57 AM
The Devils Reject's
Hostel
The Jackass movies

are all pretty messed up.....but I like all of them...

T.K.O.
07-03-2009, 11:54 AM
the worst most messed up movie i ever saw was the one that came out last dec.28th
it starred jay cutler and philip rivers....i think it was called "52-21"
man i hated watching that one !
(sorry i had to do it ):laugh:

Buff
07-03-2009, 09:18 PM
I tend to like "messed up" movies far more than your usual good guy overcomes bad guy predictable flicks.

Requiem for a Dream... Partly because of the way the movie was shot, and partly because of the subject matter.

You could probably just say "any movie made by stanley kubrick" but Full Metal Jacket and a Clockwork Orange in particular. The second half of ACO is barely watchable, so I didn't like it all that much. I really liked a Full Metal Jacket though. The disturbing shit that stands out is when you see the guy blow his brains out on the toilet or the female Vietnamese sniper who begs for someone to finish her off.

Then there is the stupid shit like Hostel and Saw. Those are messed up but really suck as movies. I like movies that are messed up and also have some redeeming qualities.

Broncospsycho77
07-06-2009, 10:44 PM

I forgot about Secret Window. That movie is weird. How could that ****er kill his dog?

Benetto
09-11-2009, 09:56 PM
Just saw "The Mist" by Steven King on Showtime.

VERY messed up movie...Probably one of the most messed up endings I have ever seen in a movie.

NameUsedBefore
09-11-2009, 10:39 PM
Martyrs.

Gamechanger
10-08-2009, 05:33 PM
Begotten

a big WTF moment in itself

gnomeflinger
10-08-2009, 06:00 PM
I liked Secret Window, even if it was messed up.
Donnie Darko was mentioned before. I tried watching the director's cut and I think even they didn't know what the movie was about.
Carrie - the updated version. Lame and messed up.

CrazyHorse
10-09-2009, 04:17 PM

Ditto. I've seen all four.

MasterShake
10-09-2009, 04:45 PM
Ditto. I've seen all four.

Any of the Troma films can fall into that category. You guys should check out Poultrygeist.

sneakers
10-09-2009, 05:45 PM
American History X was the first one I thought of. I also thought A History of Violence was fairly disturbing. Haven't seen anything like Requiem for a Dream or Funny Games though. From what I've heard those are on a different level.

Also, Alice in Wonderland is a great call. I watched it last year and I have no idea how it didn't give me nightmares as a kid.

No shit! That movie is frightening!

Also Funny Games is completely ****** up movie.

BroncoAV06
10-11-2009, 03:17 AM
Just saw "The Mist" by Steven King on Showtime.

VERY messed up movie...Probably one of the most messed up endings I have ever seen in a movie.

That's a huge WTF ending. Your almost in shock!

Benetto
10-11-2009, 04:44 AM
That's a huge WTF ending. Your almost in shock!

Seriously, the most messed up movie I've ever seen.

sneakers
11-09-2009, 06:39 AM
I could come up with some foreign flicks that I think was great.
Der untergang(best depiction of Hitler ever)
Cinema Paradiso
Funny Games
The feast(danish masterpiece)
The idiots(another danish)
All about my mother

Dont know if any are subtexted or dubbed, but they are all great films imo nonetheless.

Have you seen the movie "Downfall"? The actor who plays hitler in that movie is so good, its scary!

MileHiWildcat
05-14-2010, 07:46 PM
Dancer In The Dark. Totally messed up and most depressing movie of all time.

BroncoNut
05-18-2010, 08:47 AM
if disturbing can be thrown into the category of messed up, The Hitcher comes to mind. A Movie that really "moved" me was Blow with Johny Depp. Few movies really capture my attention anymore. That one I came upon through movie channel and was immediately taken in. Mafia movies can be pretty disturbing to me too. Man on Fire had it's disturbing moments. I guess anything that deals with the dark side of human nature or self sacrifice intriques me, whether it be fiction or not.

Dirk
05-26-2010, 11:01 AM

Secret Window was outstanding! One of Depp's finest acting jobs.

Broncolingus
05-26-2010, 05:28 PM
Faces of Death...

...overall just stupid and a waste of time.

Was in high school (or maybe JR high) when watched with a group and my girlfriend almost puked intially and went upstairs and wouldn't come back to finish watching...

...and no, Clay, she didn't almost puke because of me --- well, at least not that time anyway.

broncophan
05-26-2010, 05:37 PM
Bad Luitenant......was a pretty messed up movie...

atwater27
07-18-2010, 05:05 AM
Just watched "Bully" by the guy that directed "kids". Intense. Based on a true story. The only problem... the director is so obsessed with teenage sex and it shows in his flicks. Roman Polanski would be proud.

BroncoWave
07-18-2010, 10:51 AM
Secret Window was outstanding! One of Depp's finest acting jobs.

Yeah Depp was great in it, but it was still an effed up movie!

sneakers
10-19-2010, 04:32 AM
Anyone see "Human Centipede"?

IX8fKLjC__c

Thnikkaman
10-19-2010, 08:43 AM
Fight Club really disturbed me since it deals with a subject that is really one of my greatest fears as did In the Mouth of Madness.

As for a very loos term of movies, if you have a strong stomach and was able to watch 2 girls 1 cup, watch 1 guy 1 jar. That will make you squeamish.

Dirk
11-12-2010, 08:40 AM

IX8fKLjC__c

:shocked:

Nick
12-10-2010, 09:59 AM
Moral of the human centipede is that if you are able to escape, dont go back for a friend that can't even walk... Or you will be in the middle of the centipede. :tsk:

UrbanBounca
12-27-2010, 12:40 AM
Are we only talking about theater movies? If not, I recently watched a short video of a 3-4 year old boy with rabies. It was disturbing because (a) you know his fate, (b) he's suffering, and (c) I have a five year old boy and couldn't imagine him in that state.

You can find it by a Google search, and while it does happen and "it's life," it's still extremely disturbing.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

The Experience
01-29-2011, 10:04 PM
Teeth

/thread

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0780622/

Dzone
01-29-2011, 10:07 PM
recently? I saw Blades of Glory on TV the other night. Very disturbing.

chazoe60
01-29-2011, 10:17 PM
I watched a movie called Vulgar. It stars the guy who plays Dante in clerks. He plays a clown who performs at kids' b-day parties and he ends up getting sodomized by some rednecks and the movie turns into a Charles Bronson styled revenge flick in which the main character wears a clown suit. It was awesome.

Also Honerable mention goes to faces of Death and Dead Alive

sneakers
01-30-2011, 03:00 AM
Teeth

/thread

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0780622/

Hahhaa, that movie was kinda weird...

Nick
09-18-2011, 11:38 PM
I watch a lot of twisted and foreign horror films but one that really stuck with me was Human Centipede.

Probably dysfunctional but I am excited to see human centipede 2.

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=16684

Teeth was pretty fun movie to watch and wife and I joked about it for a while afterwards. :lol:

Another Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRTFsLFzDrE&feature=player_embedded#!

BroncoNut
09-19-2011, 08:09 AM
Dead Men wear plaid

MOtorboat
09-19-2011, 09:07 AM

I can't believe I made it through that movie it was so disturbing.

girler
09-19-2011, 09:51 AM
recently? I saw Blades of Glory on TV the other night. Very disturbing.

:pound: I LOVE that move! I'd have to watch it a couple times again, but I could probably quote it to you verbatim if you'd like. :D

weazel
09-19-2011, 11:49 AM
Bambi ...totally senseless animal cruelty!

shank
09-24-2011, 10:24 AM

never heard of it :confused:

Slick
09-24-2011, 11:26 AM
Gummo was pretty disturbing. I forget if i already posted that.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

BroncoNut
09-26-2011, 12:21 PM
Memento is a weird movie. not disturbing, just kinda weird.

MileHighCrew
09-26-2011, 12:25 PM
Little People Need Loving Too... it was an adult type movie, but by FAR the most messed up "movie" I've ever seen.

I agree with nut about memento

BroncoNut
09-26-2011, 12:29 PM
Little People Need Loving Too... it was an adult type movie, but by FAR the most messed up "movie" I've ever seen.

I agree with nut about memento

no kidding on the LPNLT? I'll have to check that out sometime.

BroncoNut
09-26-2011, 12:31 PM
Clockwork Orange was messed up. Probably been posted already, but that was bizarre.

Looking for John Malkovich is messed up.

MileHighCrew
09-26-2011, 12:31 PM
South American Midget Porn, It is crazy messed up.

BroncoNut
09-26-2011, 12:38 PM
7 was pretty messed up. I know that's been posted here too. good movie. Saw it so many times now though. kevin Spacey was pretty cool in it. someone once compared me to his character in that movie. maybe that's why I've been thinking about it lately.

weazel
09-26-2011, 01:23 PM
Memento is a weird movie. not disturbing, just kinda weird.

I like Memento

BroncoNut
09-26-2011, 01:28 PM
I like Memento

I liked it too.

Thnikkaman
09-27-2011, 08:14 AM
Tentacle Pr0n

girler
09-27-2011, 03:13 PM
Tentacle Pr0n

:shocked: Is that the name of one movie, or is it a whole genre? :eek:

Thnikkaman
09-27-2011, 03:44 PM
:shocked: Is that the name of one movie, or is it a whole genre? :eek:

Its a whole genre. I had a roomate that was really into hentai at one point and showed me some of his collection. He had tentacle pr0n, some anime adaptions of the Kama Sutra, among other videos.

I found a new place to live a week later.

MasterShake
10-27-2011, 10:17 AM
Ok, Cannibal Holocaust takes my #1 spot on this list now. Someone has probably already mentioned it here, but this movie was JACKED UP. What has been seen can not be unseen... Just a midless snuff film, thought it would be cheesey and gory but was just really disturbing. Can't recommend it to anyone. Check out the site if you are curious about what its about. Supposedly one of those "found footage" movies: http://www.cannibalholocaust.net/ definitely not for the faint of heart.

slim
10-27-2011, 10:43 AM
I am scared to click on that link.

CoachChaz
10-27-2011, 11:00 AM
If you can get your hands on it...check out Human Centipede 2

MOtorboat
10-27-2011, 11:21 AM
If you can get your hands on it...check out Human Centipede 2

OMG...they made a second one? I barely got through the first one, and I can tolerate a lot.

BigDaddyBronco
10-27-2011, 12:12 PM
OMG...they made a second one? I barely got through the first one, and I can tolerate a lot.

They are making a 3rd one set in America. I heard a radio interview with the director. That is one messed up Dutch dude.

slim
10-27-2011, 12:12 PM
So tell me about this human centipede thing. I have never heard of it.

BigDaddyBronco
10-27-2011, 12:17 PM
So tell me about this human centipede thing. I have never heard of it.

Look at shank's avatar. That is what the movie is basically about.

slim
10-27-2011, 12:18 PM
Shank, post something so I can see your avy.

BigDaddyBronco
10-27-2011, 12:18 PM
Shank, post something so I can see your avy.

He posted on the previous page.

slim
10-27-2011, 12:19 PM
He posted on the previous page.

Ewww...

BigDaddyBronco
10-27-2011, 12:20 PM
Ewww...

Yea, that movie is pretty gross.

Dreadnought
10-27-2011, 12:44 PM

Just thinking about the concept and Shank's avvy were good for a couple of nightmares. No thanks.

CoachChaz
10-27-2011, 12:48 PM
Take a psychopath and 6 male and 6 female kidnapping victims. Get a staple gun, a hammer, a chisel, a funnel, some soup and some laxatives and let the twisted part of your brain run wild.

slim
10-27-2011, 12:53 PM
Take a psychopath and 6 male and 6 female kidnapping victims. Get a staple gun, a hammer, a chisel, a funnel, some soup and some laxatives and let the twisted part of your brain run wild.

Good Lord....

CoachChaz
10-27-2011, 12:58 PM
Good Lord....

Yeah...I'm a horror/thriller film junkie and it turned my stomach.

Best of all...the whole thing is done in black and white, with the exception of one thing. I'll let you figure out what that one thing is

NameUsedBefore
10-28-2011, 12:45 AM
A Serbian Film. I actually found Martyrs to be worse for a few reasons. I didn't really expect Martyrs to be so heavy; just thought it was a mindless, French horror film (the French do good horror films, by the way). A Serbian Film plays out like an Aristocrats Joke in movie form. It is that insane.

BroncoNut
10-28-2011, 08:35 AM
Mile High sent me a cd that I viewed last Saturday. I haven't been the same.

MasterShake
10-28-2011, 10:50 AM
A Serbian Film. I actually found Martyrs to be worse for a few reasons. I didn't really expect Martyrs to be so heavy; just thought it was a mindless, French horror film (the French do good horror films, by the way). A Serbian Film plays out like an Aristocrats Joke in movie form. It is that insane.

Just reading some of the descriptions of the scenes in Serbian Film turned me off to it. Really seems to blur the line between art and just plain sick. No desire to see that one. Sounds like you went into Martyrs the same way I went into Cannibal Holocaust. It is always much worse when you aren't expecting it!

MasterShake
12-03-2011, 09:39 PM
Ok, THIS is one of the most messed up short films I have ever seen. Two drug addicts conceive a child that turns out to be a puppet and teaches them how to love. Since this isn't the lounge, I'll leave a link here to the whole 10 minute film if anyone is curious: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaezCMkzM0o

This actually screened at Sundance last year, and the audience was mostly quiet from many reports. :lol:

Northman
12-03-2011, 09:45 PM
Just reading some of the descriptions of the scenes in Serbian Film turned me off to it. Really seems to blur the line between art and just plain sick. No desire to see that one. Sounds like you went into Martyrs the same way I went into Cannibal Holocaust. It is always much worse when you aren't expecting it!

I got Cannibal Holocaust on Netflix.

Northman
12-03-2011, 09:51 PM
Ok, THIS is one of the most messed up short films I have ever seen. Two drug addicts conceive a child that turns out to be a puppet and teaches them how to love. Since this isn't the lounge, I'll leave a link here to the whole 10 minute film if anyone is curious: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaezCMkzM0o

This actually screened at Sundance last year, and the audience was mostly quiet from many reports. :lol:

I dont know, it was pretty bad not really messed up for me. I find Ichi the Killer more messed up than this.

NameUsedBefore
12-04-2011, 01:05 AM
Some French movie about their revolution. Made by furries or muppets or something. Some weird things happen like a guy screws a wall and talks to his penis and a cow-person is raped and gives birth or something.

IT'S A STRANGE MOVIE, BASICALLY.

broncosflow
03-26-2012, 02:15 PM
Clockwork orange!

BroncoNut
03-26-2012, 02:37 PM
that part in apocalypto was pretty disturbing to me.

Thnikkaman
03-26-2012, 02:46 PM
that part in apocalypto was pretty disturbing to me.

I was watching a bit of that last night. Holy shit that was some ****** up shit.

BroncoNut
03-26-2012, 03:21 PM
I was watching a bit of that last night. Holy shit that was some ****** up shit.

yeah, me too. I came in as they were going up to the alter. good movie overall, but that scene is disturbing.

skins_fan82
03-30-2012, 08:02 AM
OldBoy <~~~ some people consider the ending of this movie to be the most disgusting thing ever done in film....

"I Saw the Devil" was pretty disturbing as well...

and I don't do drugs, but I watched "Enter the Void" on Netflix like 6 months ago, probably the trippiest movie i've seen in years. A lot of people recommend watching it on Acid LOL.

MasterShake
08-08-2012, 05:27 PM
Ok, I have a new winner. My friend lent me a movie called Dead Girl. Couldn't even make it through the movie. Its basically about a group of teenage boys who break into an old mental asylum or something and find a naked girl chained to a table they think is dead with a plastic bag over her head. Turns out she is basically a zombie and can't die and was left there. Synopsis here because I don't want to repeat it: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0896534/synopsis

It was just disturbing for the sake of being distrubing.

BroncoNut
08-09-2012, 11:45 AM
Ok, I have a new winner. My friend lent me a movie called Dead Girl. Couldn't even make it through the movie. Its basically about a group of teenage boys who break into an old mental asylum or something and find a naked girl chained to a table they think is dead with a plastic bag over her head. Turns out she is basically a zombie and can't die and was left there. Synopsis here because I don't want to repeat it: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0896534/synopsis

yikes.

memento is a pretty disturbing flick

Ravage!!!
08-09-2012, 05:22 PM
yikes.

memento is a pretty disturbing flick

Momento is an awesome movie.

NightTerror218
08-09-2012, 06:59 PM
brokeback mountain, did not finish it

chazoe60
08-09-2012, 07:01 PM
brokeback mountain, did not finish it

Came early huh? :laugh:

NightTerror218
08-09-2012, 07:02 PM
Came early huh? :laugh:

LMAO not quite. I flipped thinking it was gay porn. Girls are evil is all i have to say.

sneakers
08-11-2012, 05:33 AM

LOL I was just about to watch this movie this week.

MOtorboat
08-11-2012, 08:14 AM

Yeah, that was a particularly disturbing one. Necrophilia, zombies and high school....

sneakers
09-29-2012, 02:30 AM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0424136/

oh God, only 2/3 the way through it, and beyond the most ****** up thing I have ever seen

This movie has forever cemented Ellen Page as the most evil person on the face of the earth in my mind.

we need to kill her.

Dzone
09-29-2012, 10:42 AM
Brokeback Mountain sounds like a real ****** up movie. Sad part is it would have probably been a good Western until they had to put that shit in it.
No thanks, I wont be watching that

ShaneFalco
10-03-2012, 10:49 PM
For a early film class, we watched "A Birth of a Nation" i believe it was called. One of the first major films in the US. Basically about the Klu Klux Klan killing black slaves who sleep with white women. Very disturbing.

BroncoNut
10-04-2012, 03:48 PM

wtf? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU MAN?

BroncoNut
10-04-2012, 03:49 PM
Brokeback Mountain sounds like a real ****** up movie. Sad part is it would have probably been a good Western until they had to put that shit in it.
No thanks, I wont be watching that

****** up? I think that might be a stretch (no pun intended)

EMB6903
10-04-2012, 06:09 PM
Reqrium for a dream, spun, and butterfly effect.

That scene in running scared where that couple had that secret shack where they kept the kids they kidnapped was crazy too.

Edit... That hbo series game of thrones is crazy as well... disturbing but very addicting.

ShaneFalco
10-05-2012, 06:51 PM
Reqrium for a dream, spun, and butterfly effect.

That scene in running scared where that couple had that secret shack where they kept the kids they kidnapped was crazy too.

Edit... That hbo series game of thrones is crazy as well... disturbing but very addicting.
ya i cant even watch that movie because of that scene, freaks me out.

Thnikkaman
10-08-2012, 09:36 AM
There was this horrible movie on this Sunday afternoon. It took place at Gillette Stadium.

sneakers
11-23-2012, 02:17 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/August_Underground's_Mordum

I think we have a winner, mods can close thread now

sneakers
12-30-2012, 06:47 AM
Megan Is Missing (2011)

AlWilsonizKING
01-07-2013, 09:13 AM
Donnie Darko. That movie was downright strange.

PEACE!!!

MasterShake
01-07-2013, 09:21 AM
Donnie Darko. That movie was downright strange.

PEACE!!!

One of my creepiest movie experiences ever was watching that film at the Esquire here in Denver as part of their midnight movie series. People like to dress up in character when they go (Big Lebowski night is fun, if you wear a robe you get $2 White Russians at the bar) but this particular night I had someone in a movie accurate costume of Frank sit right beside me and not speak the entire time. When this scene came up I couldn't help but stare at him:

Thnikkaman
01-07-2013, 09:38 AM
I still need to see Donny Darko.

MasterShake
01-07-2013, 10:19 AM
I still need to see Donny Darko.

Try and see the original if you can, its a little more confusing but a better experience the first time. The directors cut kind of spells things out more and answers more questions, but I really liked the "what the hell just happened" feeling I got when I watched the original the first time. There are entire websites devoted to breaking down that movie. Its a mix of time travel, fate, and destiny themes with horror motifs. Very good movie.

Davii
01-07-2013, 10:37 AM
"Super"

Starts out like a weird comedy, funny points, good times.... Ends very darkly with Ellen Page raping peeps and a bunch of dead folks. I liked it.

Thnikkaman
01-07-2013, 10:39 AM
Try and see the original if you can, its a little more confusing but a better experience the first time. The directors cut kind of spells things out more and answers more questions, but I really liked the "what the hell just happened" feeling I got when I watched the original the first time. There are entire websites devoted to breaking down that movie. Its a mix of time travel, fate, and destiny themes with horror motifs. Very good movie.

That's what I've heard. I've tried not to spoil myself on it. However I doubt that it will be more of a WTF did I just watch then "Primer" was.

NightTrainLayne
01-07-2013, 12:50 PM
That's what I've heard. I've tried not to spoil myself on it. However I doubt that it will be more of a WTF did I just watch then "Primer" was.

I watched Primer a couple years ago solely on your suggestion, or a post you made of a cartoon of it. Interesting flick, but I had to watch it twice to figure it out.

MasterShake
01-07-2013, 12:53 PM

I guess its not so much a WTF experience as it is was a, "that was really good but I'm not sure what the hell I just saw". I more or less had the right idea which I later confirmed by reading some analysis on the movie which made me feel a little smart.

AlWilsonizKING
01-07-2013, 06:27 PM
One of my creepiest movie experiences ever was watching that film at the Esquire here in Denver as part of their midnight movie series. People like to dress up in character when they go (Big Lebowski night is fun, if you wear a robe you get $2 White Russians at the bar) but this particular night I had someone in a movie accurate costume of Frank sit right beside me and not speak the entire time. When this scene came up I couldn't help but stare at him:

I love watching movies at the Esquire. Saw Fargo there a few times many moons ago when I lived in Capitol Hill. The Rocky Horror Picture Show is always a fun time. Never been while the Big Lebowski was playing....sounds fun and I love me some White Russians.

PEACE!!!

MasterShake
01-07-2013, 07:26 PM
I love watching movies at the Esquire. Saw Fargo there a few times many moons ago when I lived in Capitol Hill. The Rocky Horror Picture Show is always a fun time. Never been while the Big Lebowski was playing....sounds fun and I love me some White Russians.

PEACE!!!

I try to do at least one midnight movie there a year. Last one I saw was Ghostbusters.