PDA

View Full Version : Kuper to Sign Tender

WARHORSE
03-23-2010, 02:21 PM
Kuper to sign tender
By Mike Klis View Comments

Orlando, Fla. _ Now this is some real restricted free agent progress.

Starting right guard Chris Kuper is preparing to sign his one-year, $2.512 million tender today, essentially taking the two-year starter off the market.

Kuper becomes the first of the Broncos’ five restricted free agents to sign his tender and will be the second to join the team’s offseason conditioning program. Quarterback Kyle Orton starting conditioning with the team on Friday.

Kuper was given a first-round tender that is unusually high for an interior offensive lineman. had he received a second-round tender, he may well have been in great demand from other clubs. Still, $2.512 million is a nice raise from the $535,000 salary Kuper received last year.

Good for Kupes..................Good for the Broncos.

shank
03-23-2010, 02:22 PM
yay

Lancane
03-23-2010, 02:38 PM
It's good news that he will sign his tender, but sadly it does not erase the need, he is only one of three offensive guards officially signed. So I still expect Denver to draft one if not two guard prospects. Let's not forget that he is also likely to be an unrestricted free agent after the season, along with Ryan Harris, Champ Bailey, Ronald Fields, Marcus Thomas and Brandon Stokely....

If there is no CBA in place come next March, Denver could be saying goodbye to Bailey, one of the most beloved Broncos of the modern era. The fact of those to be unrestricted come 2011 could point to some of our draft needs, particularly at guard, tackle and nose.

SOCALORADO.
03-23-2010, 02:55 PM
Finally, some good news today!

TXBRONC
03-23-2010, 04:12 PM
I've always liked Kuper. He's not exactly a road grader but he's big enough to get the job done and he has very nasty disposition on field that I like.

TXBRONC
03-23-2010, 04:14 PM
Finally, some good news today!

Isn't this were you say Quinn will start game one? :heh: j/k

WARHORSE
03-23-2010, 04:25 PM
Kuper is awesome.

I hope we can negotiate a long term deal with the man.

He earned his way into the lineup, and I admire his play.

He was the only guard in 2008 listed to have not given up a sack in the NFL, and he drove the run game to the tune of 4.8 ypc in a year that we had 7 backs go down.

One thing for sure................hope this isnt a signing that precludes a trade................He is afterall.....only 300 lbs.:shocked:

Close yer mouths..............heck, would you REALLY be surprised?

I definitely dont think this is the case, but you never know when you have a ton of RFAs building up over two years and you cant sign them all.

Considering the fact that if they play for their tenders and we keep everyone, and a CBA gets done, we would have Kuper, BM, Doom, Champ, Orton, Harris, Stokely, Woodyard, Fields, Thomas, Scheffler and Polumbus.

Looking at the list, it kinda gives you a different perspective on the NFL draft, doesnt it?

slurp:coffee:

dogfish
03-23-2010, 04:27 PM
title should have read "kuper to kick much ass," but i guess that wouldn't be news. . .

:salute:

TXBRONC
03-23-2010, 04:32 PM
Kuper is awesome.

I hope we can negotiate a long term deal with the man.

He earned his way into the lineup, and I admire his play.

He was the only guard in 2008 listed to have not given up a sack in the NFL, and he drove the run game to the tune of 4.8 ypc in a year that we had 7 backs go down.

One thing for sure................hope this isnt a signing that precludes a trade................He is afterall.....only 300 lbs.:shocked:

Close yer mouths..............heck, would you REALLY be surprised?

I definitely dont think this is the case, but you never know when you have a ton of RFAs building up over two years and you cant sign them all.

Considering the fact that if they play for their tenders and we keep everyone, and a CBA gets done, we would have Kuper, BM, Doom, Champ, Orton, Harris, Stokely, Woodyard, Fields, Thomas, Scheffler and Polumbus.

Looking at the list, it kinda gives you a different perspective on the NFL draft, doesnt it?

slurp:coffee:

Sure it's possible that this is a precursor to trading Kuper but I don't think it's all likely at this point.

That's being said, there isn't much that surprises me when comes to the NFL.

Lonestar
03-23-2010, 07:08 PM
Au contraer if a CBA is NOT signed and there is no lock out the Class of 06 will still be RFAs next year also since they are required to have 6 years service until they are UFA.

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel

rcsodak
03-23-2010, 10:43 PM
It's good news that he will sign his tender, but sadly it does not erase the need, he is only one of three offensive guards officially signed. So I still expect Denver to draft one if not two guard prospects. Let's not forget that he is also likely to be an unrestricted free agent after the season, along with Ryan Harris, Champ Bailey, Ronald Fields, Marcus Thomas and Brandon Stokely....

If there is no CBA in place come next March, Denver could be saying goodbye to Bailey, one of the most beloved Broncos of the modern era. The fact of those to be unrestricted come 2011 could point to some of our draft needs, particularly at guard, tackle and nose.

Do you EVER say anything positive about the team? McD? FO?

Just wondering, cane.

;)

rcsodak
03-23-2010, 10:49 PM
Au contraer if a CBA is NOT signed and there is no lock out the Class of 06 will still be RFAs next year also since they are required to have 6 years service until they are UFA.

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel

That's only if a CBA isn't garnered next year, jr. And from what I've been hearing by the 'people in the know' (nobody here), most think a walkout WILL be allowed to happen, but by Aug '11, they'll sit down and hammer out a new deal.

Right now, the NFL owners are getting a chance to save millions. It's a "Get out of Jail Card". And in this economy, why shouldn't they!?!

Ziggy
03-25-2010, 02:20 PM
Here is an interview with Kuper on the Fan.

http://www.fm1043thefan.com/

He's a quality guy, and seems to be happy with his raise. He wants to get in and work out, and also talks about Jamal Williams. Alfred and DMac are a joke, but this is a decent interview.