PDA

View Full Version : Shanny and MCD Meet for the First Time

Spiritguy
03-23-2010, 01:10 PM
Heres an interesting tidbit from the owners meeting.

Sometimes you're just in the right place at the right time at these NFL owners meetings. One of the more interesting exchanges I've ever witnessed at one of these occurred Monday morning while I was interviewing Mike Shanahan.

The new Redskins coach stopped mid-sentence in one answer to greet and meet second-year Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels -- his successor in Denver -- for the first time.

"Hey, Josh, how are you?'' Shanahan said. McDaniel quickly replied: "I didn't have the chance to meet you before. It's my pleasure.''

The past and present Broncos head coaches then stood and chatted amiably, comparing notes on neighborhoods in Denver, and life in the Mile High City.

"We're only 10 minutes from work, and the kids love [the neighborhood],'' McDaniels said. "Coming from Boston and New England, it's totally different, but they love it.''

Shanahan, who just opened a restaurant in Denver, told McDaniels: "I was there 21 years as an assistant and head coach, and of all the places we've been, and we've been in a lot, it was the best place to raise a family. We thought it was the best for the kids. Your family is going to love it.''

How many Broncos fans would have loved to capture that little snapshot on their cell phone camera?

Shanny and McD's first encounter per Don Banks at SI

At the botom of the page at link (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/don_banks/03/22/snaps/1.html)

dogfish
03-23-2010, 01:22 PM
wish they had a photo-- i'd like to see which of the little napoleons is actually shorter. . . . :heh:

Spiritguy
03-23-2010, 01:24 PM
Yeah, Banks let a moment slip, by not popping out his phone and catching a shot.

broncofaninfla
03-23-2010, 02:35 PM
Wish I could have seen this, sounds like a positive interaction.

T.K.O.
03-23-2010, 04:17 PM
i like shanny's qoute about cutler........
"it was the best place to raise a family. We thought it was the best for the kids. "

:behindsofa::bolt:
really i think its great that the two finally met and seem genuinely happy for both parties at this point.
i listened to the entire interview with mcD (at broncos official website) and mcD seems to be right on track with the direction the broncos need to be headed.
he discussed in detail alot of off season issues and i was impressed.
i think we will see a harder working ,more cohesive unit on the field this coming season.

atwater27
03-23-2010, 05:53 PM
Thanks for ruining (immediately I might add) a non-partisan article involving Josh and Mike.