PDA

View Full Version : The Official Stanley Cup Predictions thread for the 5 fans

Medford Bronco
04-07-2008, 08:39 AM
Okay even though I am still not happy with my Cam Ward choke on Friday, I am still a huge hockey fan and will make my round 1 predictions.

Mtl 4 Boston 1 Boston just not good enough to beat a more complete team
Pitt 4 Ott 2......Ottawa might do okay at home but their goaltending is a mess. Pitt is better

the series where I hate both teams lol
Wash 4 Phill 3......Very even but the Ovechin factor will help Wash in the long run..Also dirty Philly must stay out of the box or they will lose in 5.

NYR 4 NJD 2...Rangers to me are just more talented execpt in Net. I see Drury having a big series as ususal

West

Det 4 Nash 1.....too much talent on Det (sorry avs fans but being honest here)...goaltending can be a Det weakness though as Hasek is 100 and Osgood sucks IMO.

SJ 4 Cal 2 .......Sharks just too talented to lose to an inconsistent Flame team

Anaheim 4 Dallas 2 ......Defending Champs had a great 2nd half and have loads of talent, especially on defense.... Dallas always has trouble scoring as well.

now what most want to here

Avs 4 Wild 3.....Avs getting healthy and if they can get a split in the fist 2 games they will be fine. As long as Theordore plays like he can the Avs will be fine. Better watch Gaborik and Rolsoton though.....

Flatinum
04-07-2008, 08:55 AM
Montreal over Boston in 5
Pittsburgh over Ottawa in 5
New Jersey over NY Rangers in 7
Washington over Philadelphia in 7

Detroit over Nashville in 5
San Jose over Calgary in 6
Minnesota over Colorado in 7
Anaheim over Dallas in 6

No upsets in Round 1.

MOtorboat
04-07-2008, 08:56 AM
I don't really know enough about the rest of the league to make any predictions, but at least there's going to be a little more hockey talk, and even a few more games on now...

Good post Med.

Mike
04-07-2008, 09:59 AM
East

(8) Boston Bruins vs. (1) Montreal Canadiens - Mon in 4
(7) Ottawa Senators vs. (2) Pittsburgh Penguins - Pitts in 4
(6) Philadelphia Flyers vs. (3) Washington Capitals - Wash in 6
(5) New York Rangers vs. (4) New Jersey Devils - NYR in 7

West

(8) Nashville Predators vs. (1) Detroit Red Wings - Det in 4
(7) Calgary Flames vs. (2) San Jose Sharks - SJ in 6
(6) Colorado Avalanche vs. (3) Minnesota Wild - Col in 7
(5) Dallas Stars vs. (4) Anaheim Ducks - Ana in 6

MOtorboat
04-07-2008, 10:07 AM
Three sweeps Mike...that's a lot in the NHL...if I remember correctly.

Medford Bronco
04-07-2008, 10:08 AM
East

(7) Ottawa Senators vs. (2) Pittsburgh Penguins - Pitts in 4
(5) New York Rangers vs. (4) New Jersey Devils - NYR in 7

West

(6) Colorado Avalanche vs. (3) Minnesota Wild - Col in 7
(5) Dallas Stars vs. (4) Anaheim Ducks - Ana in 6

wow three sweeps. :laugh:

why even watch, lol JK Mike

good post and glad you are one of the 5 fans.

I should have said 10 fans as it has upped a but :lol:

Medford Bronco
04-07-2008, 10:09 AM
Three sweeps Mike...that's a lot in the NHL...if I remember correctly.

see above post MB.

Agreed with you :beer:

now Go Avs, Pens and whomever plays the FLyers :laugh:

Bruins for me I like 2nd but they are going to get smoked by MTL as Usual :tsk:

Mike
04-07-2008, 10:15 AM
I don't know...it's all about how teams match-up to me. I am sure to be wrong.

Nashville doesn't have a prayer.
Bruins get maybe a game...but I feel comfortable with their history that Mon will sweep.

Ott might not be a sweep...just went with the gut.

:couch:

Edit...also, I may be talking out of my butt. I have only followed the Avs and Wings this year. :lol:

underrated29
04-07-2008, 10:29 AM
lordy, i didnt see philly and wash sneak in. I thought car was still in. So sorry med.

Ok i see this:

canadians sweep in 4.
pitts wins in 6
caps take out philly in 5.
rangers do in nj in 6.

wings in 5.
sharks in 6.
avs in 6.
ducks in 6.

CoachChaz
04-07-2008, 12:07 PM
East

(7) Ottawa Senators vs. (2) Pittsburgh Penguins - Pitts in 6
(5) New York Rangers vs. (4) New Jersey Devils - Devils in 6

West

(6) Colorado Avalanche vs. (3) Minnesota Wild - Minn in 6
(5) Dallas Stars vs. (4) Anaheim Ducks - Stars in 7

pnbronco
04-07-2008, 03:56 PM
East

(7) Ottawa Senators vs. (2) Pittsburgh Penguins - Pitts in 6
(5) New York Rangers vs. (4) New Jersey Devils - Devils in 6

West

(6) Colorado Avalanche vs. (3) Minnesota Wild - Minn in 6
(5) Dallas Stars vs. (4) Anaheim Ducks - Stars in 7

Coach where have you been? I really enjoy reading your posts. Plus I am a die hard Avs fan, but I really, really like the Stars. Turc is such a great guy and has always been so nice to me. Plus you have Brett now as GM, I get hugs from this guy. So good luck, unless it's against the Avs....pn

SR
04-07-2008, 08:27 PM
East

(8) Boston Bruins vs. (1) Montreal Canadiens - Mon in 5
(7) Ottawa Senators vs. (2) Pittsburgh Penguins - Ottawa in 6
(5) New York Rangers vs. (4) New Jersey Devils - NJ in 5

West

(8) Nashville Predators vs. (1) Detroit Red Wings - Nash in 7
(7) Calgary Flames vs. (2) San Jose Sharks - SJ in 5
(6) Colorado Avalanche vs. (3) Minnesota Wild - Min in 6
(5) Dallas Stars vs. (4) Anaheim Ducks - Ana in 4

Mike, I copied your stuff and made some changes to suit my thoughts. I think the Stars are toast. Turco is notorious for botching everything relating to being a goaltender in the playoffs. I also picked Minnie in six. I don't think CO can play though enough to hang with the Wild. First and foremost, they have to keep Gaborik from scoring and keep Rolston from shooting his slap shot from the top of the left circle.

MOtorboat
04-07-2008, 08:33 PM
My prediction is that Mike Modano comes out of the closet.

Buff
04-07-2008, 11:15 PM
My prediction is that I will tailgate excessively and become raucus for Avs vs. Wild game 4, which I have tickets to...

Honestly, I have no idea what to predict, I think things are wide open in the West... Gotta like Pitt getting healthy in the East, but I think Washington could easily get to the finals...

I'm gonna say Washington v Detroit in the finals...

Though I'd like to see Colorado v Pitt

Medford Bronco
04-08-2008, 08:37 AM
My prediction is that I will tailgate excessively and become raucus for Avs vs. Wild game 4, which I have tickets to...

Honestly, I have no idea what to predict, I think things are wide open in the West... Gotta like Pitt getting healthy in the East, but I think Washington could easily get to the finals...

No Washington, I am tired of Ovechikin an he caused my team and fans lots of pain LOL

I will hope they win round 1 though as I hate the Flyers the most in the NHL being the direst team since 1974

East Coast Fan
04-08-2008, 10:36 AM
Penguins in 16 straight!!!

Just kidding...time to get revenge vs. Ottawa for last year!!!

I'm glad we're not playing Philly; we'd kill each other!!!

"LET'S GO PENS"

Medford Bronco
04-08-2008, 10:38 AM
Penguins in 16 straight!!!

Just kidding...time to get revenge vs. Ottawa for last year!!!

I'm glad we're not playing Philly; we'd kill each other!!!

"LET'S GO PENS"

no they would cheap shot your team as they are known for that

Pens in 6 vs a falling fast Ottawa team

East Coast Fan
04-08-2008, 02:48 PM
no they would cheap shot your team as they are known for that

Pens in 6 vs a falling fast Ottawa team

You ain't kiddin'. I'm suprised that Sunday's game was as calm as it was with them-the one before that was a war. They both just wanted to get out of there alive!

Go Caps-put a beaten on those Philthadelphia Criers!!! :D

Buff
04-08-2008, 07:21 PM
No Washington, I am tired of Ovechikin an he caused my team and fans lots of pain LOL

I will hope they win round 1 though as I hate the Flyers the most in the NHL being the direst team since 1974

I hear ya... It pains me to predict another potential 'Wings Cup victory, but that's the way I see it shaping up...

Mike
04-09-2008, 08:11 AM
Mike, I copied your stuff and made some changes to suit my thoughts. I think the Stars are toast. Turco is notorious for botching everything relating to being a goaltender in the playoffs. I also picked Minnie in six. I don't think CO can play though enough to hang with the Wild. First and foremost, they have to keep Gaborik from scoring and keep Rolston from shooting his slap shot from the top of the left circle.

Colorado lives or dies by their PP/PK. If they outplay Min on PP/PK then they will win. Honestly, the two teams are evenly matched...should be a great series. If Colorado comes back from Minnesota 1-1 then I think they will win the series. You are right though, they must keep Gaborik under control. Send Lappy at him a few times to get under his skin. :laugh:

I hope you have a good time. :beer: I haven't seen an Avs playoff game in person since the 96 Col/Det series. It's been a while. :2thumbsdown:

My early cup prediction will be NYR/Det - Det winning it all (much as that sucks to say).

BOSSHOGG30
04-09-2008, 01:33 PM
As an Ottawa fan I can promise you one thing... Ottawa won't win it all this year.... no way in hell.

East Coast Fan
04-09-2008, 01:39 PM
As an Ottawa fan I can promise you one thing... Ottawa won't win it all this year.... no way in hell.

Just so they don't win the first round....:D

Medford Bronco
04-09-2008, 01:46 PM

we you are really going out on a limb there Boss:laugh:

They are a mess currently especially in net but do have a lot of talent there.

Only time will tell but I do agree with your assessment

I think Pitt or MTL will come out of the East
and SJ or The Ducks out West (sorry Avs fans I am just predicting not rooting)

underrated29
04-09-2008, 01:47 PM
we you are really going out on a limb there Boss:laugh:

They are a mess currently especially in net but do have a lot of talent there.

Only time will tell but I do agree with your assessment

I think Pitt or MTL will come out of the East
and SJ or The Ducks out West (sorry Avs fans I am just predicting not rooting)

Med i agree exactly about the top two fianlists. pitt/mtl and sju/ana

Medford Bronco
04-09-2008, 01:48 PM
My early cup prediction will be NYR/Det - Det winning it all (much as that sucks to say).

that would be the who do I dislike less Cup but I would pull ultimately for the Rangers in that case. I hate Hasek and always will the flake he is.

I want to see SJ vs the Pens or Habs

or for avs fans Avs vs Habs would be nice.

Medford Bronco
04-09-2008, 01:49 PM
Med i agree exactly about the top two fianlists. pitt/mtl and sju/ana

it is because you are a smart man U29 :salute:

as long as dirty Philly dont win I am happy and
no Caps either as I am sick of Ovechin lately as that team
cause me too much pain in the last week LOL

Medford Bronco
04-23-2008, 08:32 AM
Okay even though I am still not happy with my Cam Ward choke on Friday, I am still a huge hockey fan and will make my round 1 predictions.

Mtl 4 Boston 1 Boston just not good enough to beat a more complete team
Pitt 4 Ott 2......Ottawa might do okay at home but their goaltending is a mess. Pitt is better

the series where I hate both teams lol
Wash 4 Phill 3......Very even but the Ovechin factor will help Wash in the long run..Also dirty Philly must stay out of the box or they will lose in 5.

NYR 4 NJD 2...Rangers to me are just more talented execpt in Net. I see Drury having a big series as ususal

West

Det 4 Nash 1.....too much talent on Det (sorry avs fans but being honest here)...goaltending can be a Det weakness though as Hasek is 100 and Osgood sucks IMO.

SJ 4 Cal 2 .......Sharks just too talented to lose to an inconsistent Flame team

Anaheim 4 Dallas 2 ......Defending Champs had a great 2nd half and have loads of talent, especially on defense.... Dallas always has trouble scoring as well.

now what most want to here

Avs 4 Wild 3.....Avs getting healthy and if they can get a split in the fist 2 games they will be fine. As long as Theordore plays like he can the Avs will be fine. Better watch Gaborik and Rolsoton though.....

Ok lets revisit

Correct on Mtl but wrong on number of games
Wrong on Washington
Correct on Pitt but not on number of games
Correct on NYR but not on number of games

West

Correct on Det but wrong on number of games
Correct on SJ but wrong on mumber of games
wrong on Anaheim
correct on the Avs but wrong on number of games.

6-2 in picking series winners is not bad

Medford Bronco
04-23-2008, 08:36 AM
Conference Semi-Finals

Mtl 4 games to 2 over the Flyers The Habs survived a scare vs the Bs but will flourish with that big burden being lifted. I still think in the long run Price will be one of the best goalies in the league

Pitt 4 Rangers 2.. Pitt is simply better IMO as they have the most talent in the league up front especially. as long as their goaltending holds up they will be fine.

now West

SJ 4 Dallas 3....tight good sereis but in the End I feel that the Sharks have a bit more altought I respect the Stars and they can pull an upset if Turco stands on his head, which he is capable of.

now what you all (most at least) want to here.

Remember this my PICk not what I WANT to happen.

Wings 4 Avs 2.....Sorry but the Avs are not as young and talented as the Wings. I hate Hasek and do not like the Wings but for the Avs to beat them it they will have to play perfect and not depend on Theordore like they did at times vs the Wild.

I will be ROOTING for the avs that is for sure, but it will be very tough to beat a very very talented Wings team.

Mike
04-23-2008, 08:50 AM
Yeah, I was wrong on Philly and Anaheim...and the number of games in virtually all of the series. :lol:

Phi vs Mon - Mon in 6
NYR vs Pit - Pit in 7
Det vs Col - Det in 6
Dal vs SJ - Dal in 6

Medford Bronco
04-23-2008, 08:54 AM
Yeah, I was wrong on Philly and Anaheim...and the number of games in virtually all of the series. :lol:

Phi vs Mon - Mon in 6
NYR vs Pit - Pit in 7
Det vs Col - Det in 6
Dal vs SJ - Dal in 6

Its hard to pick number of games. Its just for fun anyways:salute:

Like i have said I want the Avs to beat DET but predicted otherwise.

Head over heart when picking :lol:

i just want Mtl to sweep the dirty Flyers ;)

Mike
04-23-2008, 09:02 AM
Wings 4 Avs 2.....Sorry but the Avs are not as young and talented as the Wings. I hate Hasek and do not like the Wings but for the Avs to beat them it they will have to play perfect and not depend on Theordore like they did at times vs the Wild.

I will be ROOTING for the avs that is for sure, but it will be very tough to beat a very very talented Wings team.

To be honest, Detroit did not look great against Nashville. Hasek struggled against a team that is not as offensively aggressive as Colorado. I thought Osgood played better and wouldn't be surprised to see him in net.

Nashville didn't pressure the puck very much. I also didn't think their forecheck was strong enough. They did get good goaltending though. I think Colorado has more depth, speed, defense, and better goaltending than Nashville.

I don't expect Colorado to win the series. But they have gotten healthy and their additions at the trade deadline make Colorado a different team than the one they faced in the middle of the season. Special Teams again will be key in the series.

Medford Bronco
04-23-2008, 10:08 AM
To be honest, Detroit did not look great against Nashville. Hasek struggled against a team that is not as offensively aggressive as Colorado. I thought Osgood played better and wouldn't be surprised to see him in net.

Nashville didn't pressure the puck very much. I also didn't think their forecheck was strong enough. They did get good goaltending though. I think Colorado has more depth, speed, defense, and better goaltending than Nashville.

I don't expect Colorado to win the series. But they have gotten healthy and their additions at the trade deadline make Colorado a different team than the one they faced in the middle of the season. Special Teams again will be key in the series.

I hope you are correct that the Avs can pressure Det, I just feel that sometimes the 1st round is the toughest to win.

remember for me the Canes vs the habs down 0-2 then coming back to win 4 straight.

I also remember the Avs possibly struggling with the Hawks in 96 in round one before winning 4 games to 2 I think.

each series is a fresh start and the strong teams should get better IMO

underrated29
04-24-2008, 02:37 PM
lordy, i didnt see philly and wash sneak in. I thought car was still in. So sorry med.

Ok i see this:

canadians sweep in 4.
pitts wins in 6
caps take out philly in 5.
rangers do in nj in 6.

wings in 5.
sharks in 6.
avs in 6.
ducks in 6.

alright, how did i do?

well:
mtl-correct games no
pitts- correct games no
caps-wrong- games not sure
rangers-correct- games not sure-----i cant remember

wings-correct-games no
sharks-correct-gaems no
avs-correct games yes!
ducks wrong games not sure

underrated29
04-24-2008, 02:45 PM
ok so now the semis.

Here we go:

mtl vs philly- mtl in 5
pits vs nyr- (good matchup!) pitts in 6, no, 7.

avs vs wings- avs in 7.
sharks vs stars- this one could go either way. Sharks in 7.

I think the sharks are just warming up, if they are on fire its over in 5, but if they cool back down dallas will take them in 5.

Flatinum
04-24-2008, 02:50 PM
50% in Rd 1. Not great.

Philadelphia over Montreal in 7
Pittsburgh over NY Rangers in 7

Battle of PA in the Conference Final.

Colorado over Detroit in 7
San Jose over Dallas in 6

CoachChaz
04-24-2008, 02:58 PM
Philly over Montreal in 6
Pittsburgh over NY in 5

Detroit over Colorado in 6
Dallas over San Jose in 7

underrated29
04-24-2008, 03:03 PM
Wow lots of philly takers.

It should be good, but i think mtl remembers that canada hasnt won a cup in years, and battle through cheap filly

Flatinum
05-06-2008, 09:23 AM
Pittsburgh over Philadelphia in 5

Dallas over Detroit in 6

pnbronco
05-06-2008, 09:34 AM
OK Med I promised.

Pitts over Philly in 6

Detroit over Dallas in 6

I'm hoping that by picking a team I really don't like that it will do the opposite and whammy them. My heart wants Dallas.

Medford Bronco
05-06-2008, 10:14 AM
Pitt over the dirty Flyers in 6

and what I WANT to happen

Dallas over Det in 6.

MOtorboat
05-06-2008, 10:14 AM
Detroit is good.

That is all.

Medford Bronco
05-06-2008, 10:16 AM
Conference Semi-Finals

Mtl 4 games to 2 over the Flyers The Habs survived a scare vs the Bs but will flourish with that big burden being lifted. I still think in the long run Price will be one of the best goalies in the league

Pitt 4 Rangers 2.. Pitt is simply better IMO as they have the most talent in the league up front especially. as long as their goaltending holds up they will be fine.

now West

SJ 4 Dallas 3....tight good sereis but in the End I feel that the Sharks have a bit more altought I respect the Stars and they can pull an upset if Turco stands on his head, which he is capable of.

now what you all (most at least) want to here.

Remember this my PICk not what I WANT to happen.

2 and 2 very mediocre in the Conferene Semifinals

i was way off saying SJ had more talent than Dallas.

and I think the Habs did not play up to their best level vs the dirty Flyers

I was pretty much on on assessment of the Pens and wings (just not the games though)

CoachChaz
05-06-2008, 12:47 PM
Well...SJ DOES have more talent than Dallas...Dallas just utilized theirs better.

I'm a realist and as much as I'd love to see Philly and Dallas in the Finals for many reasons...

PITT over PHIL in 5
Det over DAL in 6

Mike
05-06-2008, 02:13 PM
Pitt over Phil - 6 games
Det over Dal - 5 games

underrated29
05-08-2008, 04:25 PM
crap, i forgot to play..

Pits 4-0
dallas in 7

(its hard for me though because i didnt see any of the det or dallas games as i was out of town.) So going off of gut feeling here.

Oh and then i will say

Pens in 6 for the cup

Medford Bronco
05-08-2008, 05:47 PM
crap, i forgot to play..

Pits 4-0
dallas in 7

(its hard for me though because i didnt see any of the det or dallas games as i was out of town.) So going off of gut feeling here.

Oh and then i will say

Pens in 6 for the cup

Pitt to sweep. ECF is going to love you :beer:

I think more like 6 games for Pitt over the dirty Flyers.

I want Dallas to win as I picked them but they have to play perfect to do so.
Go Stars :cool:

East Coast Fan
05-08-2008, 07:42 PM
crap, i forgot to play..

Pits 4-0
dallas in 7

Oh and then i will say

Pens in 6 for the cup

:D From your lips to God's ears brother!!!! :lol:;)

East Coast Fan
05-09-2008, 11:04 AM
The "Battle of Pennsylvania" starts tonight; it's gonna be crazy. I can't believe that the Flyers are still in it. No matter who wins it will have a tough road to hoe as Detroit looks very good; but they'd have to get by Dallas first and it was only one game and anything can happen in the playoffs!

"LET'S GO PENS" :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::::dancing2::clap2::clap2:

underrated29
05-09-2008, 11:38 AM
Wow,Detroit looks unstoppable.

they remind me a lot of the last year the avs won the cup, setting a single season record for points and such, and just going non stop through the playoffs. Although Det is looking even better in the Playoffs.

Come one dallas.

Really, Philly does not belong in the playoffs at all. There just arent as talented as half the teams that have come and gone...

Now obviously if you peak at the right time good things can happen. But now they go up against a DOMINANT team and I think they will FOLD.

So far though, I have been very very wrong. So who knows.

Det- right now though is my fav for the cup, but if dallas somehow comes through, I think Pitts might have the edge over a tired beaten up stars team.

Good Luck everyone! 'cept detroit.

pnbronco
05-09-2008, 02:59 PM
The "Battle of Pennsylvania" starts tonight; it's gonna be crazy. I can't believe that the Flyers are still in it. No matter who wins it will have a tough road to hoe as Detroit looks very good; but they'd have to get by Dallas first and it was only one game and anything can happen in the playoffs!

"LET'S GO PENS" :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::::dancing2::clap2::clap2:

A little excited ECF? I wish I had your energy today kido, Go Pens!!!

CoachChaz
05-09-2008, 03:24 PM
Wow,Detroit looks unstoppable.

they remind me a lot of the last year the avs won the cup, setting a single season record for points and such, and just going non stop through the playoffs. Although Det is looking even better in the Playoffs.

Come one dallas.

Really, Philly does not belong in the playoffs at all. There just arent as talented as half the teams that have come and gone...

Now obviously if you peak at the right time good things can happen. But now they go up against a DOMINANT team and I think they will FOLD.

So far though, I have been very very wrong. So who knows.

Det- right now though is my fav for the cup, but if dallas somehow comes through, I think Pitts might have the edge over a tired beaten up stars team.

Good Luck everyone! 'cept detroit.

If that game is played at even strength, it's a different situation. Was Fstric really roughing when Detroit went on the 5 on 3? How about the obstruction to Turco on another goal? I rarely complain about officiating, but that was pretty sad. Can't say Dallas would have won as they did look lethargic, but they weren't exactly given much of a chance playing against 2 teams.

East Coast Fan
05-09-2008, 06:10 PM
A little excited ECF? I wish I had your energy today kido, Go Pens!!!

Is it that obvious? :lol: Thanks-it's 20 minutes till gametime and I'm excited and nervous all at the same time! :D

East Coast Fan
05-09-2008, 06:12 PM
If that game is played at even strength, it's a different situation. Was Fstric really roughing when Detroit went on the 5 on 3? How about the obstruction to Turco on another goal? I rarely complain about officiating, but that was pretty sad. Can't say Dallas would have won as they did look lethargic, but they weren't exactly given much of a chance playing against 2 teams.

I agree with you that Turco surely looked like he was interfered with but no call? :confused:

pnbronco
05-09-2008, 07:08 PM
I agree with you that Turco surely looked like he was interfered with but no call? :confused:

I know I was going what the heck???? Then when they showed in slow mo I was going, I can't believe they didn't call that. Good luck tomorrow Coach...

Requiem / The Dagda
05-09-2008, 07:09 PM
Good Lord, what a crazy game so far! GO PENS!

BroncoFanatic
05-13-2008, 11:38 AM
Yeah ok so I'm a Penguins homer...

Detroit is clearly going to sweep Dallas, unfortunately

Penguins knock off the Flyers in 5

So, for the cup (and with as much homerism as I can muster), I'll predict the Penguins will shock the hockey world and beat the Wings in 7 :beer:

Get in the fast land Granny, the bingo game is ready to roll!
:dancing2:

Medford Bronco
05-13-2008, 11:43 AM
Yeah ok so I'm a Penguins homer...

Detroit is clearly going to sweep Dallas, unfortunately

Penguins knock off the Flyers in 5

So, for the cup (and with as much homerism as I can muster), I'll predict the Penguins will shock the hockey world and beat the Wings in 7 :beer:

Get in the fast land Granny, the bingo game is ready to roll!
:dancing2:

Mike Lange is the man :salute:

how about

"he beat him like a rented mule" or "Michael Michael Motorcycle"
"Scratch my back with a hacksaw"
"Shave my face with a Rusty Razor: :rofl:

"Elvis has just left the building:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLdh2yxXg7I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUQZyitz76o&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Iakkt-2qEg&feature=related

BroncoFanatic
05-13-2008, 12:25 PM

how about

He's hilarious, I wish he'd get back on TV *sigh*

I gotta come back to those YouTube clips from a location where they don't get blocked :flute:

Medford Bronco
05-13-2008, 12:31 PM
He's hilarious, I wish he'd get back on TV *sigh*

I gotta come back to those YouTube clips from a location where they don't get blocked :flute:

it is because Foxs Sports Pittsburgh is stupid

at least we can hear him on the radio on nhl.com games :beer:

he should be on Versus for some games IMO as he is the best out there

BroncoFanatic
05-13-2008, 01:33 PM

I doubt he can be objective enough for a national network, but it's a nice thought.

That and I'm not sure he can stay sober during the broadcast :laugh:

CoachChaz
05-13-2008, 01:51 PM

Hook him up with Darryl Reaugh. Razor has a website dedicated to his "razorisms". "He looked more confused than a baby in a topless bar"..."I dont think you could fire a handful of rice from a Shotgun at Marty Turco and have any of them hit the back of the net"...“Morrow was in his kitchen making sandwiches” (Re: him being in Nabokov's face early in the game)

dogfish
05-14-2008, 12:58 AM
i watched part of the game tonight, and philly was completely outclassed. . .

med, convince me that the pens have enough of a chance to even make it worth my while watching the finals. . .

East Coast Fan
05-14-2008, 05:56 AM

med, convince me that the pens have enough of a chance to even make it worth my while watching the finals. . .

I think that we have a very good chance. As you're seeing if a team stops Crosby, Malkin takes over. If they stop Malkin, Hossa picks up the slack, or Sykora, or Malone. Lots of talent and they're playing the best defense of anyone right now and solid goaltending.

I hope that it's similiar to Denver vs. Green Bay when everyone thought we had no chance. I'll let Detroit be Green Bay :D

"LET'S GO PENS"

Medford Bronco
05-14-2008, 07:54 AM

dogfish the Pens are fun to watch and just for your hatred of the Wings, you can root for a fun loving Pens team :salute:

I am glad you watched last night. good for you. Go Pens :beer:

BroncoFanatic
05-14-2008, 10:26 AM
I think that we have a very good chance. As you're seeing if a team stops Crosby, Malkin takes over. If they stop Malkin, Hossa picks up the slack, or Sykora, or Malone. Lots of talent and they're playing the best defense of anyone right now and solid goaltending.

QFT

All great points, plus I think the Pens are faster than the Wings

GO PENS !!:woot:

CoachChaz
05-14-2008, 10:32 AM
But the Detroit defense is just amazing right now. It'll be a fun series to watch, but experience usually beats out youth.

underrated29
05-14-2008, 10:56 AM
Again I didnt get to see the game. I take it we won?

I told you the pens would sweep. Detroit is going to be a tough.

I think the pens are going to have to be able to play from behind though. I know they did against the wings, and game 1 against philly. But I honestly see det scoring the first few goals.

If that happenes the pens cant get all woriied and go defense- if they do they will lose. But If they remain calm and keep the offensive pressure going even if they are behind then I think they have more than a fighting chance.

Boy its going to be a good series.

GO PENS!!!

BroncoFanatic
05-14-2008, 11:30 AM
But the Detroit defense is just amazing right now. It'll be a fun series to watch, but experience usually beats out youth.

"Amazing" maybe, yet the Penguins defense is best right now :D

CoachChaz
05-14-2008, 12:03 PM
"Amazing" maybe, yet the Penguins defense is best right now :D

best against a mediocre Philly team. When they shut down the Colorado or Dallas offense consecutively...then I'll be impressed. I hate Detroit, but I have to admire them right now.

pnbronco
05-14-2008, 12:07 PM

Dog I'm so glad to see you here. It's hockey and the finals of course it's worth watching. The defensive play that Sergi Gonchar did was just amazing last night. Malkin has been playing so strong, so I think it will be a good series. I have no emotional ties with either team so I will just be able to sit back and enjoy the series.

dogfish
05-14-2008, 12:08 PM

that's what i'm afraid of. . . i haven't really watched any hockey this year, i don't know enough about the pens to know if they have any sort of chance-- and i'm not very interested in watching the ******* dead wings just roll somebody. . . i'd rather gouge my eyes out with a dull object than actually watch the wings lift the cup. . .

it'll be interesting to see what crosby can do in his first finals appearance. . . i know that team has a lot more talent besides him (hossa is a freakin' beast, for one thing), but crosby is the one who's been billed as "the next gretsky" and the future of the game, etc etc. . . if he's really going to be on a level with guys like the great one and super mario, jordan and those types of athletes, he has to win championships-- and this is his first chance. . . the skill level is obviously there, but what you do on the biggest stage is what defines these guys

CoachChaz
05-14-2008, 12:24 PM
that's what i'm afraid of. . . i haven't really watched any hockey this year, i don't know enough about the pens to know if they have any sort of chance-- and i'm not very interested in watching the ******* dead wings just roll somebody. . . i'd rather gouge my eyes out with a dull object than actually watch the wings lift the cup. . .

it'll be interesting to see what crosby can do in his first finals appearance. . . i know that team has a lot more talent besides him (hossa is a freakin' beast, for one thing), but crosby is the one who's been billed as "the next gretsky" and the future of the game, etc etc. . . if he's really going to be on a level with guys like the great one and super mario, jordan and those types of athletes, he has to win championships-- and this is his first chance. . . the skill level is obviously there, but what you do on the biggest stage is what defines these guys

He's going to have a tough go of it against the liks of Lidstrom, Rafalski, Kronwall, Chelios, Stuart, etc.

I'd pick those guys to hold off Crosby, Malkin and Hossa long before I'd bet on Gonchar, Whitney, Scuderi, Letang, etc. to stop Zetteburg, Datsyuk and Franzen

BroncoFanatic
05-14-2008, 12:26 PM

In game 1 of the series with the Rangers, the Pens went down 3-0 in the first period. I thought for sure they would panic and get wreckless. They didn't panic at all, kept their play the same, came back and won it. For a bunch of kids, they have shown fantastic poise and maturity in all the series' played. This is just one factor that give me A LOT of hope going forward to meet Detroit.

CoachChaz
05-14-2008, 12:30 PM
There is no doubt that Pittsburg is the only team with a chance of beating Detroit, but I still have my doubts.

BroncoFanatic
05-14-2008, 12:35 PM
There is no doubt that Pittsburg is the only team with a chance of beating Detroit, but I still have my doubts.

It will be a fun series to watch for sure :beer:

CoachChaz
05-14-2008, 12:47 PM
It will be a fun series to watch for sure :beer:

It has all the potential to be a classic...I just hope it lives up to it.

Medford Bronco
05-14-2008, 01:22 PM
Dog I'm so glad to see you here. It's hockey and the finals of course it's worth watching. The defensive play that Sergi Gonchar did was just amazing last night. Malkin has been playing so strong, so I think it will be a good series. I have no emotional ties with either team so I will just be able to sit back and enjoy the series.

yes you do, you will root for the Pens because all Avs fans hate the Wings :laugh:

Medford Bronco
05-14-2008, 01:24 PM
It has all the potential to be a classic...I just hope it lives up to it.

as long as Fleury plays well the Pens have a chance, if not the Det wins easily.

remember Chris Osgood is due for his meltdown as well, He has played very well and is not a top 3 goalie in the league that is for sure.

I just wish Dallas hit the net more and made him work harder,

at least make them win game 5 at home, win tonight but spoiling their party, hopefully

dogfish
05-14-2008, 01:33 PM
as long as Fleury plays well the Pens have a chance, if not the Det wins easily.

remember Chris Osgood is due for his meltdown as well, He has played very well and is not a top 3 goalie in the league that is for sure.

I just wish Dallas hit the net more and made him work harder,

at least make them win game 5 at home, win tonight but spoiling their party, hopefully

the wings do rely on some older guys on the back line-- it would help pittsburgh out if the stars could at least extend the series. . .

CoachChaz
05-14-2008, 01:45 PM
the wings do rely on some older guys on the back line-- it would help pittsburgh out if the stars could at least extend the series. . .

Older guys that have shut down some serious forwards so far.

dogfish
05-14-2008, 01:48 PM
Older guys that have shut down some serious forwards so far.

oh, i'm not questioning their ability-- i know how good those guys are, and they've got the norris trophies to prove it. . . i'm just suggesting that their age may make them a little more vulnerable to wearing down in an extended series, especially if the opposition is physical on the forecheck. . . now tell your stars to get out there and hit 'em!

Medford Bronco
05-14-2008, 02:08 PM
oh, i'm not questioning their ability-- i know how good those guys are, and they've got the norris trophies to prove it. . . i'm just suggesting that their age may make them a little more vulnerable to wearing down in an extended series, especially if the opposition is physical on the forecheck. . . now tell your stars to get out there and hit 'em!

Come on Stars be like the 1975 Islanders :salute::beer:

or at least win tongiht and hit the damn net. stop hitting the glass with great chances and letting Osgood off the hook.

score first and be tenacious

pnbronco
05-14-2008, 02:08 PM
yes you do, you will root for the Pens because all Avs fans hate the Wings :laugh:

Too funny Med. Believe it or not I really don't. I'll root for the Pens because of ECF, but both teams came to town this year and believe it or not the Wings were nicer. Lemieux is a wonderful man so it evens it all out for me, for the first time ever I'm just going to watch and enjoy as a hockey fan.....

Medford Bronco
05-14-2008, 02:24 PM
Too funny Med. Believe it or not I really don't. I'll root for the Pens because of ECF, but both teams came to town this year and believe it or not the Wings were nicer. Lemieux is a wonderful man so it evens it all out for me, for the first time ever I'm just going to watch and enjoy as a hockey fan.....

I will never like the Wings as long as Crybaby Hasek is on that team.
Othewise they dont bother me but I do like the Pens since the Francis, Jagr, Lemieux, Stevens, Mullen, Larry Murphy, Barasso and Jim Paek days (I had to say Jim Paek for ECF, only a long time Pens fan would understand this LOL)

CoachChaz
05-14-2008, 02:34 PM

or at least win tongiht and hit the damn net. stop hitting the glass with great chances and letting Osgood off the hook.

From your lips to God's ears.

BroncoFanatic
05-14-2008, 02:35 PM
Othewise they dont bother me but I do like the Pens since the Francis, Jagr, Lemieux, Stevens, Mullen, Larry Murphy, Barasso and Jim Paek days (I had to say Jim Paek for ECF, only a long time Pens fan would understand this LOL)

Ah man, Ronnie Francis = one of the most underrated players ever. Even during the cup years, he was my favorite Penguin. I had to root for Carolina when he went there, just because

East Coast Fan
05-14-2008, 02:38 PM

He was a good player! :D

pnbronco
05-14-2008, 03:31 PM

Yeah what he said. Come on Stars, you have been so close in a couple of games till the end. Have that puck bounce your way, no sweep, come on....

pnbronco
05-14-2008, 03:35 PM

Why do you call Hasek a crybaby? Why do the goalies of the Wings have those old masks? I love hockey but I've not been in it as long as all of you. I got into it in 2001. So give me the history...

Medford Bronco
05-14-2008, 03:35 PM
He was a good player! :D

he was a great player;)

for being a top 5 all time scorer in over 20 years he made only 4 all star teams :rolleyes: stupid fans

he never played in a Canada Cup either. he was too nice of a guy and did not get the press he deserved IMO.

from HHOF page http://www.legendsofhockey.net:8080/LegendsOfHockey/jsp/LegendsMember.jsp?mem=P200701#photo

Ron Francis played less than a year and a half of junior hockey before joining the Hartford Whalers in the NHL early in the 1981-82 season. He was selected fourth overall at the 1981 NHL Entry Draft, although initially the Whalers had no intention of selecting him. They wanted Bobby Carpenter, but the team unwisely made their preference for the American-born Carpenter publicly known. The Washington Capitals, choosing third, beat Hartford to the punch and took Carpenter, as the Whalers selected Francis fourth overall.
Although just a 19-year-old rookie, Francis showed maturity well beyond his years when he first stepped onto NHL ice. He had 25 goals and 68 points his first season and instantly became a fan favorite both for his playing skill and his unfailing work in the community. He was blessed to be able to room with the great Dave Keon on road trips, and the two became fast hockey friends.

While the Whalers were happy to have Francis, the team missed the playoffs the first four years he was with the team while it developed its young talent. Then it became a consistent playoff team but had an awful time winning even one round of the playoffs each spring, playing in the same division as Montreal, Boston and Quebec. Midway through the 1984-85 season, he was made team captain when incumbent Mark Johnson was traded to St. Louis. At 22, Francis became one of the youngest captains in NHL history, but he was able to live up to the expectations of wearing the "C" without it affecting his play. He routinely scored 25 goals and 80 points, but midway through the 1990-91 season coach Rick Ley stripped him of the captaincy without an explanation. Francis took the demotion in stride, but just a few weeks later he was traded to one of the Stanley Cup favorites, the Pittsburgh Penguins.

In Pittsburgh he played behind Mario Lemieux and a young Jaromir Jagr, but he took his game to another level. He became not only a goal scorer but one of the best passing centers and two-way players in the league. Pittsburgh won back-to-back Cup titles in 1991 and 1992, and Francis twice reached the 100-point plateau. He was equally consistent in the playoffs as in the regular season, and for 1994-95 he was named Penguins captain while Mario Lemieux recovered from injuries and missed the year. At the start of the next season, though, the captaincy was given back to Mario, and Francis just kept on leading by example. His sportsmanship paid off, for when Lemieux retired in 1997, the captaincy was once again sewn onto his sweater.

Although he has played in four All-Star games and has won the Selke Trophy (1995) and the Lady Byng Trophy (1995, 1998), Francis is perhaps the quietest superstar in the league. He reached 500 career goals in 2002, is one of only a few to record 1,000 career assists, and is climbing into the top 10 of all-time scorers, yet few would put him in the same class as Lafleur, Dionne or Lemieux.

In the summer of 1998 he returned, sort of, whence he came. Pittsburgh felt Francis was getting on in years. He was 35 years old and an unrestricted free agent for the first time in his career and was in a position to negotiate possibly one final contract. He signed with the Carolina Hurricanes, which was where the Hartford Whalers had relocated the previous season. In 2002 Francis led the Hurricanes to their first Stanley Cup Final only to fall to mighty Detroit Red Wings and was the recipient of the King Clancy Memorial and his third Lady Byng Memorial.

Francis went on to play parts of six seasons in Carolina before being dealt to the Toronto Maple Leafs at the 2004 trade deadline. Following a lock out year in 2004-05, Francis called it a career in the summer of 2005. In November 2006, Francis returned to the Carolina Hurricanes as the club's Director of Player Development.

CoachChaz
05-14-2008, 03:45 PM
Yeah what he said. Come on Stars, you have been so close in a couple of games till the end. Have that puck bounce your way, no sweep, come on....

The Wings just happen to have the two goalies in the NHL that have worn those masks since day one. More a coincidence than a planned event.

Hasek has been a whiner all his life. Anytime something doesn't go his way...he pisses and moans. Kind of like Tim Duncan.

pnbronco
05-14-2008, 03:51 PM
The Wings just happen to have the two goalies in the NHL that have worn those masks since day one. More a coincidence than a planned event.

Hasek has been a whiner all his life. Anytime something doesn't go his way...he pisses and moans. Kind of like Tim Duncan.

:laugh: Thanks Coach I love it! You know fab 5 I starting to have with drawl already. I BF, but I really, really love our hockey board.

I will be rooting for the Stars tonight and I hope they bring their best...

Medford Bronco
05-14-2008, 03:54 PM
:laugh: Thanks Coach I love it! You know fab 5 I starting to have with drawl already. I BF, but I really, really love our hockey board.

I will be rooting for the Stars tonight and I hope they bring their best...

I hope we get to see the crybaby as that would mean that Osgood had a meltdown and was run from the game.

come on Mike Modano have a night for us. :cheers:

pnbronco
05-14-2008, 09:48 PM
Great Job Stars!!! I'm sure my neighbors are wondering what in the world I watch. Strong play tonight, one down three to go...:elefant: :elefant:

CoachChaz
05-15-2008, 07:13 AM
I went to the game last night and two things impressed me. First was the Stars resiliency to not lay day and let Detroit have the series. Impressive. The other was the support of the typically fair-weathered Dallas fan base. Down 3-0, I would usually expect the stereotypical I buy expensive tickets as a status symbol Dallas fans to stay home. But they were all out and all very supportive and raucus. Here's to hoping we get to do it again Monday night.

Medford Bronco
05-15-2008, 08:24 AM
I went to the game last night and two things impressed me. First was the Stars resiliency to not lay day and let Detroit have the series. Impressive. The other was the support of the typically fair-weathered Dallas fan base. Down 3-0, I would usually expect the stereotypical I buy expensive tickets as a status symbol Dallas fans to stay home. But they were all out and all very supportive and raucus. Here's to hoping we get to do it again Monday night.

great win coach. I hope they can steal game 5 and make Det sweat some more

:salute:

1975 Islanders :cheers:

CoachChaz
05-15-2008, 08:34 AM
great win coach. I hope they can steal game 5 and make Det sweat some more

:salute:

1975 Islanders :cheers:

I could handle seeing them push it to 7.

Flatinum
05-15-2008, 10:51 AM

how about

TSN did a Top 10 of Mike Lange's all time calls. Enjoy.

http://watch.tsn.ca/nhl/clip53003#clip53003

BroncoFanatic
05-15-2008, 11:14 AM

Great stuff! I got the chills on the Stanley Cup call :five:

I had totally forgotten that Jagr adopted the Mile High Salute for a time there. I remember seeing him using it, and it was during the time that the Broncos were doing it too. :salute:

Medford Bronco
05-15-2008, 11:16 AM

that is awesome Flatinium :beer::salute:

ECF and Broncofanatic will love that

underrated29
05-15-2008, 11:17 AM
Come on!!!

Let history repeat itself. Go Isles, Go Stars, Now is the time.

BroncoFanatic
05-15-2008, 11:19 AM
that is awesome Flatinium :beer::salute:

ECF and Broncofanatic will love that

You know it! :D

Medford Bronco
05-15-2008, 11:24 AM
You know it! :D

Hey Broncofananatic you need a signature and an avatar.

Perhaps some Penguins ones :D

http://peninsulaclarion.com/images/122702/PENGUINS_RANGERS.jpg

BroncoFanatic
05-15-2008, 11:39 AM
Hey Broncofananatic you need a signature and an avatar.

Perhaps some Penguins ones :D

http://peninsulaclarion.com/images/122702/PENGUINS_RANGERS.jpg

Yeah I forget about those, because I don't show them in my browser. Not that I would log on and post from work or anything :decision:

East Coast Fan
05-15-2008, 12:09 PM
C'mon Pens put out the Flyers lights tonight! Last season we went 8-0 vs. Philly but this year they handled us....until now when it counts!!!

"LET'S GO PENS" "LET'S GO PENS" "LET'S GO PENS"

:dancing2::cheer2::cheer2:

pnbronco
05-15-2008, 12:10 PM

Coach that is so great. It's wonderful that your fans are supporting them. So I loved the game, the boys did great. I didn't realize that Modano was hurt, what happened? Also I just love Morrow, what a leader, he looked like he was hurt in that last game. Plus Ribeiro looks like he is always in the middle, a great addition to your team. Of course Turco was a wall last night, some amazing saves. So I hope they bring it on Sat and get back to Dallas. Good luck....:salute:

pnbronco
05-15-2008, 12:11 PM
C'mon Pens put out the Flyers lights tonight! Last season we went 8-0 vs. Philly but this year they handled us....until now when it counts!!!

:dancing2::cheer2::cheer2:

Good luck ECF.

Flatinum
05-15-2008, 12:37 PM
Here are some beer commercials they play during the post season up here. I thought the true hockey fans on here would get a kick out of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plCgrspcAAY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Hr3FUsATHs&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Zv4rgUejQI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Me01ToFv1Q&feature=related

BroncoFanatic
05-15-2008, 03:29 PM
Philly has moved around their lines, and will be looking for more attack time in the Penguins zone. Coach Stevens has said that his team needs to crowd the Penguins and not allow them to move through the neutral zone so easily.

With all the push that the Flyers will be trying to create early, this could easily backfire if mistakes are made. The Penguins speed and puck handling could create early odd man rushes if this happens, which could result in a few quick goals. Even without the goals, a few odd man rushes will slow down whatever pressing the Flyers want to do, because they will need to be more cautious.

This will result in a slower pace game in it's mid and later stages. By the end, there will be a flurry of offense as the Flyers try to stave off elimination, but the Penguins have shown they are very disciplined on defense, and the Flyers will once again be outclassed and outscored.

My (homeristic) prediction: Penguins win 5-3 and advance to the Stanley Cup Finals :beer:

Medford Bronco
05-15-2008, 03:37 PM
Philly has moved around their lines, and will be looking for more attack time in the Penguins zone. Coach Stevens has said that his team needs to crowd the Penguins and not allow them to move through the neutral zone so easily.

With all the push that the Flyers will be trying to create early, this could easily backfire if mistakes are made. The Penguins speed and puck handling could create early odd man rushes if this happens, which could result in a few quick goals. Even without the goals, a few odd man rushes will slow down whatever pressing the Flyers want to do, because they will need to be more cautious.

This will result in a slower pace game in it's mid and later stages. By the end, there will be a flurry of offense as the Flyers try to stave off elimination, but the Penguins have shown they are very disciplined on defense, and the Flyers will once again be outclassed and outscored.

My (homeristic) prediction: Penguins win 5-3 and advance to the Stanley Cup Finals :beer:

Watch out for the cheap shots tonight. The Flyers known for all their incidents this season are bound to be very chippy on the brink of elimination.

Go Pens win 8-0 so you and ECF can relax and then have the Stars win again to get the Wings tired :beer:

BroncoFanatic
05-15-2008, 03:42 PM
Watch out for the cheap shots tonight. The Flyers known for all their incidents this season are bound to be very chippy on the brink of elimination.

Go Pens win 8-0 so you and ECF can relax and then have the Stars win again to get the Wings tired :beer:

It could get ugly, I agree. As long as the refs are consistent calling penalties, I'm ok with it. The Pens have some big boys who like to mix it up
:damnmate: :smack: :boxing:

East Coast Fan
05-15-2008, 05:42 PM
It could get ugly, I agree. As long as the refs are consistent calling penalties, I'm ok with it. The Pens have some big boys who like to mix it up
:damnmate: :smack: :boxing:

Laraque, Ruutu, Roberts (if he plays), Malone, Orpik and especially watch Malkin-he REALLY seems like he dislikes Philly!!

"LET'S GO PENS" Finish this off tonight....

underrated29
05-15-2008, 05:59 PM
I worry about malkin a little. I love the attitude and that the way to play, never back down, back up your guys, and besides the scoring part, just play mean and nasty (not cheap though.)

however I think he might get a little carried away though. He needs to realize like you said that there are other enforcers out there who can do what he does when things really get mixed up.

All players have a role. His is not to get suspended or a misconduct or hurt, thats what laraque is for.

Score tonight- Id say 4-2.

BroncoFanatic
05-15-2008, 08:17 PM

Ok, I'm flagged from doing predictions :D

pnbronco
05-15-2008, 10:08 PM

That's why I don't predict or bet if I care about the results. I think I have like a 90 % wrong rate. Good luck on Sunday.

Medford Bronco
05-15-2008, 11:26 PM

lol no worries .. the pens are still in control of the Series

Marty Biron saved Philly from blowing the 3-0 lead

I was happy to see Staal have a good night, he must have gotten advice from his brother;)

good luck to the Stars on Sat and the Pens on Sunday

East Coast Fan
05-16-2008, 06:01 AM
Score tonight- Id say 4-2.

Right score-wrong teams for me though! :lol:

East Coast Fan
05-16-2008, 07:44 AM
Well I must say that Philly made good adjustments and stifled us and got the early lead and held on; wonder why they didn't try these adjustments a few games ago? We had two really good opportunities late in the third but didn't capitalize, but Staal played well even if the other big guns were stifled.

Just have to win it at home now. I have a woman here at work who swears that it's "fixed"-I said "well as long as it's "fixed" that we win the Cup"! :lol: And isn't the "Crosby sucks" chant classy....

"LET'S GO PENS"

Medford Bronco
05-16-2008, 08:13 AM
Well I must say that Philly made good adjustments and stifled us and got the early lead and held on; wonder why they didn't try these adjustments a few games ago? We had two really good opportunities late in the third but didn't capitalize, but Staal played well even if the other big guns were stifled.

Just have to win it at home now. I have a woman here at work who swears that it's "fixed"-I said "well as long as it's "fixed" that we win the Cup"! :lol: And isn't the "Crosby sucks" chant classy....

"LET'S GO PENS"

how about the cheap shot at the end of the game by the Flyers :rolleyes:

shocker.

Scotty Upshall is a POS really he sucks. I cant stand this team.

http://watch.tsn.ca/nhl/clip53330#clip53330

I hate them so much it is not even funny.

If they ever played Det I would root for the Wings:eek:

Go Pens get rid of those punks for us

East Coast Fan
05-16-2008, 09:13 AM

shocker.

Yeah, big shock there. I knew that Philly would come out with more than they had in the previous games, but my Pens looked like they didn't have much jump until later in the game. I was suprised that Therrien was mixing up the lines-why? And you know that when we DO have them on the ropes and are eliminating them there's gonna be an all-out-brawl; then they better have Laraque out there unlike last night. We seem to have a "letdown" game in every series, then bounce back again. I hope we flatten 'em Sunday.

BroncoFanatic
05-16-2008, 10:25 AM
Yeah, big shock there. I knew that Philly would come out with more than they had in the previous games, but my Pens looked like they didn't have much jump until later in the game. I was suprised that Therrien was mixing up the lines-why? And you know that when we DO have them on the ropes and are eliminating them there's gonna be an all-out-brawl; then they better have Laraque out there unlike last night. We seem to have a "letdown" game in every series, then bounce back again. I hope we flatten 'em Sunday.

The Pens have to match the intensity of the Flyers, if they do they will win.

East Coast Fan
05-16-2008, 10:48 AM
The Pens have to match the intensity of the Flyers, if they do they will win.

Right; looked flat last night in the beginning, don't you think?

BroncoFanatic
05-16-2008, 10:59 AM
Right; looked flat last night in the beginning, don't you think?

Yeah, we're talking 2D, Paper Mario flat in that first period :faint2:

Well, at least I'll get Sunday's game in HD :rockon:

East Coast Fan
05-16-2008, 11:18 AM
Yeah, we're talking 2D, Paper Mario flat in that first period :faint2:

Well, at least I'll get Sunday's game in HD :rockon:

We've seemed to have a "letdown" game in every series so far, then we bounce back strong. It would be nicer to send them home from Pittsburgh instead of Philly; I can hear the chant already...

"GO HOME FLYERS" :clap2::clap2::clap2:

pnbronco
05-16-2008, 12:01 PM

shocker.

You know what's weird? Scotty Upshall was with Nashville when I met him and he was just a really nice guy and didn't do late hits like that. We saw them play I think 4 times a year or at least 2. Do you think it's the water???

Petr Sykora was really friendly with the Oiler and not with the Pens. It's just strange how guys are different with different teams. Now Sean Avery has been a jerk with every team he's been with, but he even he took it to a whole new level with the Rangers.

Man Med you would root for the Wings...:eek:
You really hate the Flyers... Deep breaths, the Pens will beat them, it's just hard to sweep. Lets not open wounds that are starting to heal, barely...

dogfish
05-16-2008, 02:24 PM

i was a litte surprised that laraque wasn't out there late in the game. . .

i still don't think pens fans have anything to worry about. . .

Medford Bronco
05-16-2008, 03:40 PM
i was a litte surprised that laraque wasn't out there late in the game. . .

i still don't think pens fans have anything to worry about. . .

They might have to worry about injury against that dirty filthy Flyer team

they suck. I hope Pitt beats them 10-0 in the next game.

The Flyers have been the dirtiest team in the league for over 30 years and for anyone not to see that does not follow hockey are just does not care about the stickwork and the boarding by that bush league team.

the Wings are so much more classy than they are and I know Avs fans hate them, well your Wings are my Flyers those POG led by POG coach Jon Stevens.

MOtorboat
05-17-2008, 02:51 PM
Wow...Holmstrom with a horribly stupid penalty...

pnbronco
05-17-2008, 03:10 PM
YES....YES...YES!!! I'm so proud of them. Great job Dallas, great job Turc, just did a great job all the way around. Good luck on Monday, hope you can go Coach.... I'm so happy for you....

East Coast Fan
05-17-2008, 04:01 PM
YES....YES...YES!!! I'm so proud of them. Great job Dallas, great job Turc, just did a great job all the way around. Good luck on Monday, hope you can go Coach.... I'm so happy for you....

Way to go Dallas! Keep at 'em! :D

BroncoAV06
05-17-2008, 04:55 PM
Interesting game this afternoon. Dallas really buckled down, Turco's first win in Joe Lewis, with stood the moments when Detriot looks like they just hit the nitrious for a min and a half and goes crazy with puck controll.

Anyone by any chance catching any of the Memorial Cup coverage on the NHL Network? Very interesting, losts of prospects that have been drafted and will be drafted in the up coming draft. Top notch hockey.

MOtorboat
05-17-2008, 05:01 PM
Interesting game this afternoon. Dallas really buckled down, Turco's first win in Joe Lewis, with stood the moments when Detriot looks like they just hit the nitrious for a min and a half and goes crazy with puck controll.

Anyone by any chance catching any of the Memorial Cup coverage on the NHL Network? Very interesting, losts of prospects that have been drafted and will be drafted in the up coming draft. Top notch hockey.

I thought they got really conservative and complacent there during the third, until Holmstrom made the stupid penalty...then it was like a light switched on and "oh...I guess we should stay aggressive."

I really think that penalty was the turning point in the third...if he doesn't do that, I think Detroit scores there...they were on an all-out Blitzkreig at that point.

BroncoFanatic
05-17-2008, 08:22 PM
Great win for the Stars! :clap2:

BroncoFanatic
05-18-2008, 01:33 PM
LET'S GO PENS !!!

:woot::cheer2::cheer2::woot:

East Coast Fan
05-18-2008, 01:53 PM
LET'S GO PENS !!!

C'mon Pens beat their brains in and move on to the Cup!!!! My U-12 soccer team that I coach lost 4-2 today out in the rain so now I want to turn it around and watch my team win!!!!

"LET'S GO PENS" "LET'S GO PENS" "LETS' GO PENS":popcorn::cheer2:

dogfish
05-18-2008, 03:48 PM
and it's OVA!

Medford Bronco
05-18-2008, 05:52 PM
Congrats to the Pens for winning and you ECF:salute:

and Thank you Stars for extending the series. fun weekend of hockey :beer:

East Coast Fan
05-18-2008, 07:27 PM
AWESOME! They had nothing and they knew it; hardly a cheap shot either because they knew that they were finished. At least they had the class to not do something stupid at the end. I get the same satisfaction out of this as when the Broncos from my youth (the 70's) would beat the Raiders. I enjoyed it thoroughly and now we wait on the other series. 16 years later and we're back in the Finals!!!!

"OH LORD STANLEY, LORD STANLEY PASS ME THE BRANDY"-Mike Lange

"GO HOME FLYERS....GO HOME FLYERS....GO HOME FLYERS..."

:lol: :D

pnbronco
05-18-2008, 07:32 PM
A big congrat ECF!!! Get some rest and I look forward to the rest of the games. This was a great weekend. Won't get to watch tomorrow night so yell loud for me for the Stars...

BroncoFanatic
05-18-2008, 07:36 PM
Total domination from the opening faceoff to the final whistle, GREAT JOB PENGUINS!! It will be fun talking to Flyers fans tomorrow :D

Go Stars, beat them wings!

BCJ
05-19-2008, 03:30 AM
Penguins making it with their youth and this quick is very impressive. They took it within 3 years. As a Ducks fan, I hope there are a few meetings come June. Until then, I guess we are guaranteed every three years.... great scheduling.

East Coast Fan
05-19-2008, 09:18 AM
And WHERE do the Flyers get off using our term "ORANGE CRUSH"?

That's an insult to our horses!!!!!!:mad::viking::secruity:

East Coast Fan
05-19-2008, 07:49 PM
Just amazed at the similarities between this Pens team and the Cup winners of the early 90's; Crosby and Malkin are Lemieux and Jagr, Staal is Francis (Med's buddy), Hossa is Stevens scoring the clutch goals, Talbot, Kennedy are Loney and Errey and Gilhen (the grinders), Orpik hits like Ulf Samuelson and Fleury is Barasso (if not better).

Hopefully the results will be the same as 16 and 17 years ago.

pnbronco
05-20-2008, 09:11 AM
OK Med I promised.

Pitts over Philly in 6

Detroit over Dallas in 6

I'm hoping that by picking a team I really don't like that it will do the opposite and whammy them. My heart wants Dallas.

Well I got the teams right and was right on Detroit, and pretty close on Pitts. Much better than my normal. So here's hoping we have a great final, I'm looking forward to it. Go Pens...

CoachChaz
05-20-2008, 10:02 AM
I can't stand either team, so the Finals will bore me.

BroncoFanatic
05-20-2008, 03:32 PM
I can't stand either team, so the Finals will bore me.

So I guess you won't be posting...? :confused:

For those of us left who care, any predictions?

I'm feeling pretty confident in my Penguins. The Wings have all the hype, but in watching both teams in the playoffs (more limited for the Wings, I admit, but a few games), I give the Penguins the edge in speed and team defense. The Wings' experience will come into play, but I think the Penguins are hungry enough and skilled enough to take the series in 6 games.

There, I said it :D

East Coast Fan
05-20-2008, 06:47 PM
I'm feeling pretty confident in my Penguins. The Wings have all the hype, but in watching both teams in the playoffs (more limited for the Wings, I admit, but a few games), I give the Penguins the edge in speed and team defense. The Wings' experience will come into play, but I think the Penguins are hungry enough and skilled enough to take the series in 6 games.

I think that the Pens are in that zone right now where they will not be satisfied until they finish the job. Detroit will not be an easy hurdle, but I think that we will match up well against them. It SHOULD be a good series, but I wouldn't have any problems with our Pens routing them (wishful thinking). :D

"LET'S GO PENS" :D

Medford Bronco
05-20-2008, 07:41 PM
So I guess you won't be posting...? :confused:

For those of us left who care, any predictions?

I cant think these teams are boring. :confused: Even Det is exciting.
I can understand not liking them though as its anyones right.

Coach Chaz your Stars should be commended for their grit and had a very good year and should be all that much more ready next season

I hope for you and ECF the Pens win in 6.

I love the way Pitt plays, they are so much fun to watch and they got rid of the dirty Flyers for me :salute: Thank you.

Go Pens.

pnbronco
05-20-2008, 09:14 PM
OK, well I guess I should give my prediction. I think that the Wings win in 6, but remember I'm wrong 90% of the time. So best of luck Pens fans...

CoachChaz
05-21-2008, 07:08 AM
I guess saying it will "bore" me, isn't the best choice. I'm sure the series will be exciting based on the play, but I could honestly care less if the two teams involved miraculously vanished.

That being said...Detroit in 6 games.

BroncoFanatic
05-21-2008, 12:33 PM

(hating the long layover until Saturday)

Flatinum
05-21-2008, 01:24 PM
Can't stand the Wings but I think the Pens time isn't this year. A learning experience.

Wings in 5.

pnbronco
05-21-2008, 10:38 PM

(hating the long layover until Saturday)

I totally agree it feels soooo long. Plus when it's over, it's really over till the fall...:eek:

East Coast Fan
05-24-2008, 07:24 AM
I still can't believe that we're in the Finals; if I had a dollar for everytime that I thought the Pens were going to be sold or fold I'd be loaded. And here they are going to the Stanley Cup Finals and with a new arena on the way. THANKS MARIO!!

Let's see how it all plays out tonight....

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

All they have to do is put Flyers jereseys on the Red Wings and it's a cinch! :lol:

BroncoAV06
05-24-2008, 09:45 PM
D locked down for Detriot, pucks did not find the net for the Pens PP. Physical game.

MOtorboat
05-24-2008, 09:48 PM
WHY THE HELL IS THIS NOT ON NBC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:confused:

BroncoAV06
05-24-2008, 09:51 PM
3 and 4 are, NBC=not smart about hockey.

Broncospsycho77
05-24-2008, 09:58 PM
Ouch. Tough game for Pitt; Osgood was just a stone wall out there, even in those series of power plays. No way the Pens could get anything by with the way he was playing.

East Coast Fan
05-24-2008, 10:03 PM
Not the start we were looking for! You can't make dumb plays against Detroit or they'll exploit you like they did twice tonight. 4 power play opportunities wasted early in the game; they got the lead and then clamped down on us. Malkin was invisible and Crosby had very little time and space. Have to make adjustments or this one won't even be close...:mad:

underrated29
05-26-2008, 01:09 PM
well finally back in town. That took about 8 days longer than i though it would.

And i didnt even get to see game 1. :tsk:

But its like i said, det inevitably in this series is going to get up a couple of goals early. That when teams make the fatal mistake of trying to defend instead of keep bringing it to them.

I had hoped pitts would know this, but it still looks like they need a little time.

I do however think that they will be focusing on offense instead of defense, and for now, that might be the best way to stop the wings.

OH- and match them physically. I heard Det was just banging bodies around.

Good luck Pens- lets even the series up!!!

East Coast Fan
05-27-2008, 06:30 AM
It's become very obvious that we have no chance in this series; Detroit is rolling along like a well-oiled machine. They break out quickly from their own end and are all over us wherever the puck is. We played somewhat better last night but that isn't saying much.

The Penguin tank is out of gas, folks....:second::argh:

Medford Bronco
05-27-2008, 07:50 AM
It's become very obvious that we have no chance in this series; Detroit is rolling along like a well-oiled machine. They break out quickly from their own end and are all over us wherever the puck is. We played somewhat better last night but that isn't saying much.

ECF too early to waive the white flag.

the next game is HUGE, if you win you got a chance.
if not then :target:

good luck, I will root as long as you are in it.

btw Chris Osgood must have learned his embelisshing skills from the ultimate crybaby actor goalie Hasek.

although I do admit Gary Roberts hit was a dirty cheap uncalled for punch to Franzen.

Osgood "i was bumped by Sykra and acted like I got killed by tripping over the net" http://www.webdelsol.com/The_Potomac/issue2/crybaby.jpg

Flatinum
05-27-2008, 08:58 AM
I didn't think the Detroit "veteran team" advantage would be as much of a factor as it is right now. They're toying with the young Pens. They don't make mistakes. I don't recall them making any stupid turnovers in the first two games. The same can't be said about the Pens. It's very similar to the first time the Gretzky and Co. played the Islanders in the finals and got swept.

My Wings in 5 prediction is looking more and more a reality. I can't see the Wings all of a sudden collapsing.

The Pens time will come (probably next year), it's just not right now.

BroncoFanatic
05-27-2008, 09:13 AM

It sure isn't looking good. If our defensemen would quit coughing up turnovers like a cheap gumball machine, we might stand a chance.

I must say, after watching a few of the Detroit/Dallas games, I think the Wings are playing much better this series :s:

Medford Bronco
05-27-2008, 09:31 AM
It sure isn't looking good. If our defensemen would quit coughing up turnovers like a cheap gumball machine, we might stand a chance.

I must say, after watching a few of the Detroit/Dallas games, I think the Wings are playing much better this series :s:

Next game is huge, if Pitt can win you have a chance and they have won 16 straight at Mellon.

Go Pens at least entertain us hockey fans.

it reminds me of 1995 so far when the devs smoked the Wings. :sick:

East Coast Fan
05-27-2008, 11:27 AM
ECF too early to waive the white flag.

the next game is HUGE, if you win you got a chance.
if not then :target:

good luck, I will root as long as you are in it.

btw Chris Osgood must have learned his embelisshing skills from the ultimate crybaby actor goalie Hasek.

although I do admit Gary Roberts hit was a dirty cheap uncalled for punch to Franzen.

Osgood "i was bumped by Sykra and acted like I got killed by tripping over the net" http://www.webdelsol.com/The_Potomac/issue2/crybaby.jpg

Thank you all for your kind words but it is very clear to me that we are a good team but Detroit is a great team. We might pull one game out, but I doubt much more. And yes I agree that if this isn't the Pens year then it has to be right around the corner; those old guys on Detroit will be one year older! :laugh:

It's all about pride now guys (and scoring at least one!)

"LET'S GO PENS"

East Coast Fan
05-27-2008, 06:39 PM
I had said that I would've likened the series to Denver vs. Green Bay when we didn't seem to have a chance against them and won. But now it's more like the 1977 season where we had a very good regular season then ran out of luck against Dallas in the Super Bowl. I read all of the "reasons" on the Pens board why we're losing-everything from Fluery looking nervous to it being Malkin's fault, etc. But the bottom line is that Detroit is an "overall" more skilled and experienced team and it shows. I remember awhile back one sports guy saying "it doesn't matter who represents the Western Conference because they are clearly stronger" and he was right. We had a very good season and if you look at the big picture you must realize that we went from being ushered out in the first round last year to going to the Finals albeit most likely not going to win it-but that is a HUGE step up for a franchise that came within a whisker of moving many times over.

I'm still proud of 'em and still rooting for them but I'm also facing reality!

"LET'S GO PENS" CHOP BLOCK 'EM AND WE'LL HAVE A CHANCE!!!!! :lol:

Medford Bronco
05-28-2008, 12:34 PM
I had said that I would've likened the series to Denver vs. Green Bay when we didn't seem to have a chance against them and won. But now it's more like the 1977 season where we had a very good regular season then ran out of luck against Dallas in the Super Bowl. I read all of the "reasons" on the Pens board why we're losing-everything from Fluery looking nervous to it being Malkin's fault, etc. But the bottom line is that Detroit is an "overall" more skilled and experienced team and it shows. I remember awhile back one sports guy saying "it doesn't matter who represents the Western Conference because they are clearly stronger" and he was right. We had a very good season and if you look at the big picture you must realize that we went from being ushered out in the first round last year to going to the Finals albeit most likely not going to win it-but that is a HUGE step up for a franchise that came within a whisker of moving many times over.

I'm still proud of 'em and still rooting for them but I'm also facing reality!

"LET'S GO PENS" CHOP BLOCK 'EM AND WE'LL HAVE A CHANCE!!!!! :lol:

Please dont think like you are defeated. Remember the Buffalo Bills being down 35-3 vs Houston in the 1992 playoffs. They never gave up and won.

The Pens have won 16 straight as mellon and can rattle Osgood.

Make sure you dont breathe on him as he will fall and look like he was killed :rolleyes:

score first and play like you can. the Pens up front are just as talented as Det, if not more so.

on defense the Wings are superior, but I feel Pittsburgh aint dead yet and will at least entertain us I hope :scared:

BroncoFanatic
05-28-2008, 01:28 PM
The Penguins obviously MUST protect their home ice by winning both games (3 & 4), or it's over.

But, think about it, if they actually do that, who has the momemtum going to game 5? I'm not holding out a ton of hope, but it ain't over just yet

GO PENS!!

East Coast Fan
05-28-2008, 03:23 PM
Well we'll see how this crucial "swing" game goes; like Med and BF said if we win we still have some hope. If we lose then it's time to get out the IV because we'll be on the critical list. The ONLY way that we can win is to have some of that home-ice magic and more open ice at the Igloo than at the Joe; Crosby has to do it as well as Hossa and Malkin has to find a way to use that big cannon of a shot. I'm not giving up on them, but it really doesn't look very promising. But like I said, even if they lose I'd still look at this season as a MAJOR SUCCESS just like I did with the '77 Broncos; not much can tarnish what has been accomplished this season...

"LET'S GO PENS" "LET'S GO PENS" "LET'S GO PENS" :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Medford Bronco
05-28-2008, 03:32 PM
Well we'll see how this crucial "swing" game goes; like Med and BF said if we win we still have some hope. If we lose then it's time to get out the IV because we'll be on the critical list. The ONLY way that we can win is to have some of that home-ice magic and more open ice at the Igloo than at the Joe; Crosby has to do it as well as Hossa and Malkin has to find a way to use that big cannon of a shot. I'm not giving up on them, but it really doesn't look very promising. But like I said, even if they lose I'd still look at this season as a MAJOR SUCCESS just like I did with the '77 Broncos; not much can tarnish what has been accomplished this season...

Dont forget Jordan Staal ;)

Go Pens :beer: :cheers:

pnbronco
05-28-2008, 06:10 PM

Don't give up ECF. Med is very smart when it comes to hockey. Plus you have so much to be proud of. When I saw how hurt the guys were after the season was over I was really proud of the Avs and everything they were able to do. Let Go Pens!!! :cheer2: (you guys can imagine you own cheerleader here:D)

dogfish
05-28-2008, 08:27 PM
this is the first game of the finals i've been able to watch, and so far the pens are really taking it to them. . . :elefant:

pnbronco
05-28-2008, 09:52 PM
Woo Hoo.... I told you Med was smart.... Great game Pens!!!

Medford Bronco
05-28-2008, 10:05 PM
Woo Hoo.... I told you Med was smart.... Great game Pens!!!

not smart, just lucky :pound:

hey Pitt was too good to be swept right.

I was so sick of hearing how much better Det was than Pitt.

Its far from over and I hope on Sat the Pens even the series :cheers:

pnbronco
05-28-2008, 10:25 PM
not smart, just lucky :pound:

hey Pitt was too good to be swept right.

I was so sick of hearing how much better Det was than Pitt.

Its far from over and I hope on Sat the Pens even the series :cheers:

Me too Med. I'm really glad the Pens played so well. Congr ECF and BF!!!

BroncoFanatic
05-28-2008, 10:54 PM
I'm glad to see my Pens bring enough intensity to take a game. It only gets tougher from here, and hopefully they will realize that and notch it up :beer:

GO PENS!!

Timmy!
05-28-2008, 11:42 PM
Let's go Pens!

East Coast Fan
05-29-2008, 08:23 AM
Home ice really helped because we had the last line change and could finally free up our guys. Man, they were really hammering each other; how about that 10-second span later in the game where Orpik had 3 big hits on the Wings in the left corner-outstanding. Have to win next game and then make some more adjustments in Detroit. And playing with the lead helped also. Man, is Hossa snake-bit or what; so many great opportunities and he either misses or hits the post-soon they'll go in I hope! And the crowd was REALLY into it and even louder than they were in the early 90's Cup runs.

"LET'S GO PENS" :D

pnbronco
05-30-2008, 03:11 PM
I wonder why Detroit left after Weds game? Is it a short flight? I'm so use to us having to travel so far, it just seems strange. Go PENS!!!!

Medford Bronco
05-30-2008, 03:18 PM
I wonder why Detroit left after Weds game? Is it a short flight? I'm so use to us having to travel so far, it just seems strange. Go PENS!!!!

It was to go back and get their Octupi :laugh:

I just think they wanted to sleep in their own beds etc.

Go Pens please

I am starting to hate Det more like the old days.

Osgood here is your http://www.medgadget.com/archives/img/pacifier.jpg and give one to your other crybaby goalie the "cryinator"

pnbronco
05-31-2008, 09:12 AM
It was to go back and get their Octupi :laugh:

I just think they wanted to sleep in their own beds etc.

Go Pens please

I am starting to hate Det more like the old days.

Osgood here is your http://www.medgadget.com/archives/img/pacifier.jpg and give one to your other crybaby goalie the "cryinator"

Alright Med!!!! Now you get why we hate them. So come on Pens, please bring your best tonight...

East Coast Fan
05-31-2008, 05:32 PM
Pens coach Michel Therrien has REALLY been taking his case to the officials the last few days complaining that Detroit is really obstructing the Pens thus neutralizing their speed in the neutral zone. Let's see if he gets anywhere with it tonight. This game is HUGE-we lose and it's pretty much over; we win and it becomes a 2 out of 3 series. Crosby HAS to play like he did Wednesday night, Hossa HAS to start scoring and Malkin HAS to overcome his "tiredness" that he is saying he has just like the end of last year. And Sykora getting hot wouldn't hurt either.

C'mon don't let us down tonight Pittsburgh; a sold-out "whiteout" crowd and I wanna hear them screaming as well as all of you guys here rooting for us Tuxedo birds!!!!

:cheer2::cheer2::fight:

BroncoFanatic
05-31-2008, 06:01 PM
LETS GO PENS !!!

Without a doubt, this is the BIGGEST game of the series so far. Detroit will bring everything they've got, and the Pens MUST overcome and prevail!

LETS GO PENS !!!

MOtorboat
05-31-2008, 07:58 PM
Entertaining first period.

BroncoAV06
05-31-2008, 09:15 PM
Pens falling apart in the 3rd.

BroncoFanatic
05-31-2008, 09:20 PM
Pens falling apart in the 3rd.

They sure dont have a sense of urgency. They better get one before they are down by more than 1 goal :tsk:

MOtorboat
05-31-2008, 09:26 PM
5 on 3...gotta get a goal here

BroncoFanatic
05-31-2008, 10:57 PM
The rest is just a formality...

East Coast Fan
06-01-2008, 07:07 AM
Well you might as well polish up old Stanley and get ready for the handshake line because we're finished; it would take a MIRACLE for us to win this next one in Detroit. We played pretty well last night for most of the game, but giving up that soft winning goal was a real heartbreaker. And we couldn't score with a two-man advantage. Once again, Detroit is a very talented, experienced team that knows how to play; we are just not quite at their level-yet. This is a huge stepping stone for a young Penguins team who will take this very valuable lesson to heart and be better for it in the future. It's tough to watch them fail as they get deeper into the postseason (hey, us Bronco fans know a lot about that-especially in the 80's) but I'm proud that they made it this far and look for better days next season and in the future. Like one of the announcers said when the series started; there are 28 other teams that wish they were here.

"LET'S GO PENS"

pnbronco
06-01-2008, 09:09 AM
ECF you are a class act through and through. You have everything in the world to be proud of. The young ones did great and you have a very bright future.

East Coast Fan
06-01-2008, 08:05 PM
ECF you are a class act through and through. You have everything in the world to be proud of. The young ones did great and you have a very bright future.

Thank you and you are also. Yes, when you step back and look at the big picture you realize that things look very bright for years to come. I couldn't believe that we made it to the finals, and while we're not rolling over for Detroit we're just a few notches beneath them (who isn't). But there's no quit in the Pens, and I think that perhaps they realize this was an incredible feat for them to make it to the Finals. But perhaps a little "too much, too soon" but they do have their heads on straight and I think are taking it in stride and realizing that their time is probably right around the corner. But one very disappointing and puzzling thing is why Malkin is not much of a factor-he really doesn't look anything like the player that he was a few weeks ago. Hopefully he can get past this "hurdle" and get some more open ice but Detroit is on him like yellow on a banana and he's frustrated.

pnbronco
06-01-2008, 11:29 PM
ECF he may be hurt. They don't always report it. I remember that one year Blake had a bad groin pull and they never said anything till they were almost out of it. Then they said something like he was hurt below his neck. Also Lappy had a broken foot and we didn't know till they were done. If it's just a case of them having his number he will learn a lot from it. Good luck tomorrow night. Thank you for the nice words.

East Coast Fan
06-02-2008, 08:17 AM
ECF he may be hurt. They don't always report it. I remember that one year Blake had a bad groin pull and they never said anything till they were almost out of it. Then they said something like he was hurt below his neck. Also Lappy had a broken foot and we didn't know till they were done. If it's just a case of them having his number he will learn a lot from it. Good luck tomorrow night. Thank you for the nice words.

You very well may be right; I didn't think of that. He did take some pretty good shots early in the series and may be hurt. Remember Crosby had a broken bone in his foot last year in the playoffs and it wasn't reported until Pitt was eliminated. Good point....

MOtorboat
06-02-2008, 08:24 AM
Red Wings :tsk:

honz
06-03-2008, 12:58 AM
Pens in 7 bitches!

pnbronco
06-06-2008, 12:19 AM
OK, well I guess I should give my prediction. I think that the Wings win in 6, but remember I'm wrong 90% of the time. So best of luck Pens fans...

I guess the only team I can predict is the Red Wings. Great jobs Pens! So how long till we all lose our minds without hockey, my prediction 15 days. Go for it guys we need to talk about something....