PDA

View Full Version : Underrateds player analysis thread

underrated29
04-05-2008, 10:16 AM
Not sure where this goes. First off, you can post in here if you want too. Or even add your own player analysis. But i dont want people to come in and say why i do or dont agree with you etc. We can make another thread for that.

This thread is to see how well you (or I) am at analysing players from the draft. I always pick a few players each draft that i think will be pro bowl studs, some i remember and some i forget. SO i never really know how good a job i did at anaylsing their talent. So this thread is for those who want to jot down what they think about players and then can return to it later in a couple years or so to see how the player actually compared to you findings.

You dont have to be a guru, i sure am not. Hell, most of these guys i have never seen any film on at all. So dont be shy if you are dead wrong. I am sure i will be. Its also not about being right, but just to see how you did and what things you should or shouldnt look at next time.

Dmac- I think he will be a very good rb. I also think he can be a great rb if he goes to certain teams. I dont believe that his legs die on contact. I think he has more moves up his sleave that he just wasnt able to show in the combine. I have seen him run some in the combine and thats what sold me was the agility drill. That guy can cut at full speed and burn it. Defenders are going to have a real tough time with him. Teams i think he could excell at are: Dallas, atlanta,tennessee, ne. I think he would be very productive but not super spactacular in cincy,jets,oakland, washinton. Teams that arent so good are texans,seattle,lions,cheifs

Stewart- My favorite player in the draft. I dont have to say much about describing him as i think we all know. I see him as the best RB, and most complete on and off the field. He has the heart and work of rod smith and the skills or some of the best. I think almost regarless or where he goes, if he is a starter by week3. he will rush for 1300 on any team. If of course he doesnt get hurt. I dont think he will have the injury problem like has been suggested. This guy could win roy, if not i wouldnt be surprised to see him in the probowl within 2 years. There was a comparison to LJ about him and i think that is spot on. Except he is faster, a lot faster, and maybe stronger, but its close. Teams he will excell on texans,raiders,broncos,seattle,greenbay,bears. Teams that will make him a probowler every year but not elite: tennesee,giants,9'ers,lions.

Wr Devin THomas- My second favorite player in the draft. He has all the size and speed tools, but he is a fresh prospect. I dont think he is a one year wonder, but i also dont think he will dominate from the get go. Like most wr they need a few years to develop. Besides a select few teams he most likely will start to turn it on by the end of his second year. I think he will play a lot meaner then people give him credit for. To me he seems like a real competator and wants to win always. We know he is supposed to be a good blocker, but thats where i think one of his real strengths will be. With some proper coaching i think he will lock on or level guys. And be a real asset in the run game. With his size and speed as my sig states i think he is the next larry fitzgerald. From what i have read, (not seen much unfortunately), he will be like marshall, or bolding, or fitz and be extremely hard to bring down after the catch. I still think he could put on a little more mass in the legs and some upper body without losing speed. When he does this watch out. He should then be able to break throught the first few tackles, and then have the speed to take it to the house. I see him doing well inhis first year at; denver, pitts,dallas, seattle. Teams where he will shine in year 2 are: san diego, buffalo,jets,carolina, minnesota.

PS- after these player have been drafted i will come back to make any tweaks once i know what teams they have gone too. (and i will finally be able to see some film of these guys running.)