PDA

View Full Version : Newest Bronco Brady Quinn: 'The Brody Qualls Era Has Begun'

sneakers
03-20-2010, 11:34 PM
Man, what a goof!

http://www.theonion.com/articles/newest-bronco-brady-quinn-the-brody-qualls-era-has,17081/

Sports News in Brief
Newest Bronco Brady Quinn: 'The Brody Qualls Era
March 20, 2010 | ISSUE 46•11

DENVER—In the first of what is expected to be a long series of gaffes with his new team, quarterback Brady Quinn bungled a statement to Broncos coaches, players, and fans Tuesday by mistakenly declaring that the Brody Qualls era had begun in Denver. "I, Brody Qualls, am so excited to take over the Cardvern Dronkos," said Quinn, whose remarks were periodically interrupted by his teeth accidentally striking the microphone. "I'm ready to leave this team all the way. I'm not promising anything, but I will do my darnest to be the next Don Elwood, if that be the will of my lord and saboteur Jesus Price." Quinn, who also lost a shoe during the address, said that he was slightly afraid of the mascot but admitted that such a huge angry fish would really intimate the team's opponents.

WARHORSE
03-20-2010, 11:47 PM
Booooo.:coffee:

Ziggy
03-21-2010, 12:28 AM
I remember articles like this one coming out when the Elway trade was made. All kinds of Mr. Ed references to dog the new Broncos QB. I think I just became a Brady Quinn fan. Thanks Sneakers.

j3phr3y
03-21-2010, 01:04 AM
ENGLEWOOD, CO—First-year coach Josh McDaniels took some time out from training camp to familiarize himself with the Broncos' competition Tuesday, spending the afternoon on the league's official website to see what other teams were members of the National Football League. "There are way more than I thought there'd be," said McDaniels, who was "shocked" to learn that franchises calling themselves the Kansas City Chiefs, Oakland Raiders, and San Diego Chargers were not only in the NFL, but were actually in the same "division" as the Broncos. "I'd heard of the Steelers, obviously, but other than that, I thought it was just us and the Chiefs. Ooh, here's one called 'the Titans!'" When informed that there was an entirely separate conference called the NFC, McDaniels told reporters in the room to "get out of town."

SAN DIEGO—Denver running back Knowshon Moreno spent a portion of the Broncos' game against the Chargers Monday night asking team managers if there was anything to drink on the sidelines other than Gatorade. "I'm sick of Gatorade all the time, and I don't want water," said Moreno, who was observed asking a sideline reporter drinking a ginger ale if she "[got] that here or someplace else." "I could definitely go for a Pepsi right now. There's got to be some Pepsi around here. Isn't the NFL sponsored by Pepsi or something?" Later, during a fourth-quarter drive, Moreno reportedly asked his teammates if they wanted a beverage before leaving the field and disappearing into the stands.

FanInAZ
03-21-2010, 01:15 AM
Man, what a goof!

http://www.theonion.com/articles/newest-bronco-brady-quinn-the-brody-qualls-era-has,17081/

I don't think I've posted an article from the Onion I came over to this site. I used to post from a rival satire site back when I was at broncosfreak for laughs. I found this article to be a little to absurd to find it funny, but I'm sure others disagree.

FanInAZ
03-21-2010, 01:18 AM

You didn't include the link, but I bet you got those from the Onion as well.

broncobryce
03-21-2010, 10:16 AM
I know, it's all in good fun, but people get PAID to write that? I'm in the wrong business.

Timmy!
03-21-2010, 03:18 PM
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/10/9/128680159571745484.jpg

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
03-21-2010, 09:42 PM

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: